Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

He says ep 10 has been the worst in the first two seasons so this season they found a really great way to do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but episode 10 in both S1 and S2 were the rehab episodes for Laurel, the first attempt to get the character doing something proactive and working the character back into the main story.

Kind of funny...what's the definition of insanity again?

• Love 10

OMG John's comments about Laurel lol wtf. 

Cupid will be a conduit to Oliver and Felicity's relationship like the villain in this episode was a conduit to Roy and Oliver. 

Greatest Oliver and Felicity scene ever on the show is coming up apparently. 

Edited by ban1o

Stephen says a point of contention for him on the show is that he thinks Diggle should get a costumes. He thinks the fact that Diggle is working with people that have costumes and doesn't have on is an issue. 

Stephen says Oliver still has like "millions of  dollars." He's not really broke

-then why couldn't he afford a house? 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Stephen says Oliver still has like "millions of  dollars." He's not really broke

-then why couldn't he afford a house? 

I think it's smart that Oliver doesn't have a house. He's not making any money and houses are expensive especially with utilities. Until he has a solid cash inflow, he shouldn't get a house. 

• Love 1

Stephen says no comment on the question of if there will be reference to Oliver's child. 

Stephen has had NINE consecutive work days off and he has never had more than 2 consecutive workdays off before. 

He  flat out said that he will be in all episodes this year but there might be a couple of episodes where he is just flashbacks . Yo isn't that a huge spoiler Stephen? 

"Oliver has a very interesting take on the word metahuman which we will find out more about in the Flash crossover"

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

This all sounds hilariously awkward. Thanks for the info! I appreciate SA wanting me to trust the writers, but, honey, no. Aside from 2A, which is looking more and more like a fluke, I haven't been given a reason to trust the writers since Barry Allen left town. I appreciate his diplomacy, though.

• Love 15

Cupid will be a conduit to Oliver and Felicity's relationship like the villain in this episode was a conduit to Roy and Oliver.

What the hell does that mean? How does the Ted/villain relationship contrasting the Oliver/Roy relationship tie to the whole Oliver/Felicity/Cupid dynamic? I mean, we're supposed to believe that Roy turned out well because Oliver didn't abandon him (as opposed to Ted abandoning his protege), but is he implying that unless Oliver embraces Felicity as his love then she's going to turn into a crazy-ass stalker like Cupid? LOL!

He asked them who they thought killed Sara. Answers Tommy, Thea, Talia, Roy.

SA has lots of praise for John Barrowman and how he takes chances.

The arrowhead chances every season because Greg Berlanti is an encyclopedia about television and he liked shows that changed their opening every year.

Last Thanksgiving Colin Salmon went over to his place and brought his 6 week old daughter a whole wardrobe of clothes.

SA said they're totally wrong about Thea going evil.

If you like what the show is doing, what you want will happen. John Campea said he hopes Laurel will die.    

Someone asked if there are any good Olicity scenes coming up.  SA said that in the way the villain in this one was a conduit to Oliver's relationship with Roy, the villain in the next one will be a conduit for his relationship with Felicity.  In the next three episodes will be the best Oliver/Felicity scene yet.  (I wonder if this is what AK was tweeting about.)

More ARGUS in flashbacks and in cross-over ep.

We wlll see Diggle in a costume before the end of the season, but probably not the costume people are anticipating.  (Me. probably a party for Sara)

SA says it's a point of contention for him on the show that Diggle doesn't have a costume.  But you have to go through your island to get a costume and Diggle already went through his island in Afghanistan and didn't need a costume.

How is he paying for everything?  SA: When a billionaire goes broke, it's like he's only got 4 million dollars left.

Episodes 8 and 9 are the two best episodes of the show they've ever done.  (But he also said that about the Promise.)

He answered NumberCruncher's question about a lighter schedule, with 'That's an interesting question', and that in some episodes there may be Oliver only in flashbacks..

• Love 2

What the hell does that mean? How does the Ted/villain relationship contrasting the Oliver/Roy relationship tie to the whole Oliver/Felicity/Cupid dynamic? I mean, we're supposed to believe that Roy turned out well because Oliver didn't abandon him (as opposed to Ted abandoning his protege), but is he implying that unless Oliver embraces Felicity as his love then she's going to turn into a crazy-ass stalker like Cupid? LOL!

LOL I'm just quoting what Stephen said :P I don't know 

Asked about the DC movies, he says that it was 'shitty' that someone else was announced to play The Flash when the great ratings of the second episode were announced. He seems very protective of Grant Gustin and genuinely happy the show is doing so well.

Peter Roth of DC Comics said 'let's go twelve years' after the second episode of Arrow.

Audience question of why Supergirl went to CBS and not CW:  SA said that Berlanti's deal was with the CW and it and CBS are kind of the same thing.

HE also said that part of the problem with Laurel along with Tommy and Thea was that she was isolated from everything in the beginning of the season.

This isn't a problem, this makes her easier to FF. If she's integrated in all the scenes with the others and forced on us even more than she is, that will be a problem.

• Love 6

Apparently Stephen has had a lot of fun and wants to come back lol.

lol what. John is now trashing and slamming AOS in front of Stephen. This guy is so awkward 

Edited by ban1o

What was his response to Lance needing to know?

He didn't respond to it actually. 

Holy crap It's done now. That was really long. I hope you guys appreciate my (and statsgirl's) live blogging lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 12

I love it. Did we know if BC trended? Probably not lol

It actually did for a while when the pictures were released. Also it was a spontaneous trend. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

4 minutes in, John starts to talk about something (sorry I paused, I assume it's Fakanary) meanwhile Stephen is licking his lips, and then holding his mouth tightly shut, and his right hand fingers (hidden behind is crossed legs) are fidgeting non stop, also crossing his arms.. tell-tale signs of nervousness, uneasiness, and guarded. which means Stephen is anything but thrilled to talk about what is coming next. his answers at the beginning of that "rant" is very short and a little bit clipped in tone.

I find it interesting. People body language interests me - you learn alot from it. 

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Stephen is anything but thrilled to talk about what is coming next. his answers at the beginning of that "rant" is very short and a little bit clipped in tone.

I do feel sorry for SA and the other cast members who are forced to defend the writing and the plotting so often.

Arrow is the only show I read about so I don't know, but does this happen on other shows too?

I'm in disbelief that SA and the EPs still think that the only problem with Laurel was that she was kept out of the loop on Arrow's identity and that now she knows the secret and is part of Team Arrow, the Laurel problem is fixed.

Iris is out of the loop on The Flash, but she's not anywhere as irritating as Laurel (except for the disconcerting way CP sounds like KC).

• Love 3

I watched the first 8-10 minutes of the after show. I'm glad the guy said he couldn't stand Laurel without criticizing the actress specifically.  Stephen was diplomatic, but I definitely don't 'trust this show'.   Still, it's his job to promote the show and that's what he did. I'm sure he'd rather be home with his baby.

I wonder what event he's talking about in ep 10. Could it be that they'll FF a few years or that Laurel as BC isn't quite what it seems. Guess I'll have to go to the spec thread. Whatever it is, I've no doubt it will be disappointing.

• Love 2

Arrow is the only show I read about so I don't know, but does this happen on other shows too?

Yes, though SA puts himself out here in ways most actors (especially lead titular actors) never do, those that enaged with fandom alot will always find themselves in tense situations, because fandom be crazy. Just recently Nikki Beharie and Orlando Jones have been forced to confront the shitty writing of Sleepy Hollow S2 that has consequently (possibly intentionally) minimized it's diverse POC cast in favor of two problematic white characters. Archie Punjabi (and her co-star Matt Czurchy) on The Good Wife, has had to explain the shitty storylines for her character for the last 4 years w/o openly calling out the otherwise widely accepted reason: the lead actress hates her.

• Love 5

The correct question i would think to ask would be: "how many other actors care enough when that happens to feel awkward when such questions are asked, and how many of them act on a show that has a thing for a useless character which very few viewers like"

I followed many shows in my younger days, and honestly, Besides Ugly Betty, this is the first time i have encountered something like this and on this magnitude; than again i hopped on the UB train literally less than a year before it got canceled so, maybe stuff went down before i became obsessed with it.

Stephen is, IMO, a truly unique actor in the fanbase scene, very few actors on TV that I personally followed have been as involved as he is, or at least vocal about it.

Also personally for me, most show can lose me very quickly if i get bored due to BS's happening or just lack of time, Arrow is truly unique in that sense for me, that i still do enjoy it despite the BS's that's going on, Felicity, Team Arrow, and Malcolm are a huge reason (season 3, season 2 had Moira and Black Canary) of why i stick around.

After reading comments yesterday that anyone who's not happy about Laurel becoming Black Canary is just a bitter Olicity fan, I'm glad that John Campea is showing what bullshit that argument is. I don't think I can watch the Aftershow, because I get really strong second-hand embarrassment from awkward situations, but I appreciate those of you who watched and reported what was said. Thanks!

• Love 7

I think SA is just toeing the company line. That seems to be a prominent explanation for the division in fandom, as given by the people working on the show. It's a way to say, yes, we hear the noise too, and we think it came from a cat, not that monster crouching behind the door you're gibbering about.

• Love 4

I followed many shows in my younger days, and honestly, Besides Ugly Betty, this is the first time i have encountered something like this and on this magnitude; than again i hopped on the UB train literally less than a year before it got canceled so, maybe stuff went down before i became obsessed with it.

Answering on the small talk thread :)

Actually really enjoying the Arrow Aftrershow with John Campea (and co) and SA. I have no problem with wait and see...when it's done correctly. They sort of said wait and see in season 2B too, and there were very unpleasant episodes that seemed like filler so...I really hope they don't repeat the same mistakes.

I watched the first 15 mins or so and some of the QA session at the end. Unless there was so Laurel bashing in the episode review, I didn't think it was too bad at all.

SA did not convince me to watch to the second half of the season though. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Didn't that aftershow or one of the Guggenheim's interviews mention that if you like what you're seeing now, tune in because there's more of that in 3B?  I remember thinking, "Fuck!" because I'm hating what I'm seeing now.  I'd like the opposite of season 3A, please (minus 98% of The Calm, and the Felicity episode). 

• Love 2

As discussion of the Arrow After Show belongs in this thread, I saw this clip on tumblr because I didn't have time to watch the show:

http://olicities.tumblr.com/post/102533343322/are-there-any-quality-oliver-and-felicity-scenes

Can I just say that SA's face does not exactly promote a good feeling about this supposed 'greatest Olicity scene ever.' How did it come across on screen? He looks so flat and unexcited to me personally, kinda like how I feel about the next few episodes.

As discussion of the Arrow After Show belongs in this thread, I saw this clip on tumblr because I didn't have time to watch the show:

http://olicities.tumblr.com/post/102533343322/are-there-any-quality-oliver-and-felicity-scenes

Can I just say that SA's face does not exactly promote a good feeling about this supposed 'greatest Olicity scene ever.' How did it come across on screen? He looks so flat and unexcited to me personally, kinda like how I feel about the next few episodes.

Actually, while I was watching it, it seemed like he seemed more pensive. It seemed like he was trying to carefully word his next sentence. IDK but that's how I took it

He asked which ep was next, and it seemed like he was doing some calculations in his head to figure out which ep the scene happened in, so he was talking kind of slowly - I think that's why he looks like that. He was a little subdued throughout parts of the show, but he answered a lot of questions in the same way, not just this one.

• Love 3

Actually, while I was watching it, it seemed like he seemed more pensive. It seemed like he was trying to carefully word his next sentence. IDK but that's how I took it

It's just a weird thing because he's usually so excited about the show and Olicity so his facial expression totally threw me. I read the quote and was like YAY!!! and then I saw his face and was like um... yay? LOL.

He asked which ep was next, and it seemed like he was doing some calculations in his head to figure out which ep the scene happened in, so he was talking kind of slowly - I think that's why he looks like that. He was a little subdued throughout parts of the show, but he answered a lot of questions in the same way, not just this one.

That's better than I was thinking. Maybe he was just trying not to give much away, I don't know. Thanks!

It's just a weird thing because he's usually so excited about the show and Olicity so his facial expression totally threw me. I read the quote and was like YAY!!! and then I saw his face and was like um... yay? LOL.

Honestly, the only things he's ever excited about talking about now are Diggle getting a mask and working with John Barrowman :p I wouldn't be worried! You should've seen him talk about Laurel, it was worse lol

I just think he was trying to word himself very carefully. He was rather intense in his answer; makes me think the scene is intense too. I laughed a bit at the panels response. The 'ahhhhhs' and Campea's "and the internet explodes."

• Love 1

I just think he was trying to word himself very carefully. He was rather intense in his answer; makes me think the scene is intense too. I laughed a bit at the panels response. The 'ahhhhhs' and Campea's "and the internet explodes."

I'm glad Campea and everyone else held back in terms of Olicity because none of them are fans :p 

He asked them who they thought killed Sara. Answers Tommy, Thea, Talia, Roy.

Seriously? All those crazy theories, yet noone on that panel has noticed the big elephant in the room (Ra's Al Ghul)? Geez, that makes me feel embarrassed for them.

• Love 1