Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Not completely sure where to put this, so I'll put this here:  Have the Flash and LoT show runners been as quiet as Wendy and Marc?  We've had no producers previews or interviews in TV Line, etc.  and I'm wondering if Marc and Wendy are avoiding discussions of this disastrous storyline or if this is some wider strategy. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They kinda vanished after the AK thing. Did anyone even sell the crossover? I remember thinking no one was selling the crossover but then I think you guys had a public holiday.

I noticed that it started then and I figured that they didn't want Kreisberg talk to overshadow the crossover.  I wasn't sure if the radio silence was just Arrow or all the shows.

• Love 2

I kind of wonder if the Arrow producers are trying to stay quiet in the hopes that no one remembers all that earlier talk about doing a Black Lives Matter episode.  I have to think they finally heard what they were saying (and what everyone was saying back) and now have slunk off silently in the hopes everyone forgot they ever said anything.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Weren’t the Producer Previews through twitter? MG seems to have abandoned twitter for Arrow altogether? Also, people keep letting him make shows for some reason so maybe he is just busy. 

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

Wait, are we talking about the same thing? Are we talking interviews/press, or those short videos where a producer would talk previewing a bit about the episode? I thought we were talking about the videos. 

Edited by Starfish35
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Wait, are we talking about the same thing? Are we talking interviews/press, or those short videos where a producer would talk previewing a bit about the episode?

I particularly noticed the lack of short videos, but I don't think there have been any formal interviews on any of the media sites since the fall.  

• Love 1

I can't really say about the interviews, but I was just looking at the CW channel on YouTube, and it looks like they're still doing them for Flash and Black Lightning.  Todd Helbing did one for Subject 9 - was that the last Flash episode?  

But they haven't done any for Arrow or Legends since December.  MG did one for Irreconcilable Differences, and Phil Klemmer did one for Beebo the God of War, but there haven't been any since then.

• Love 2
(edited)

Arrow hasn't had any press at all for the last 2 episodes, not even someone from the cast. The last interviews were done by the guy that played Vigilante. 

Even the arrowwriters twitter account, which usually sent out a dialogue tease before an episode, didn't tweet at all before 613, and today only sent out this:

Edited by lemotomato

I was really surprised when they maintained radio silence after the reviews of this "storyline" came in. I thought they'd want to explain how wrong we all are, but nothing. It annoys me because I need to know if I'm supposed loathe the boobs and want Sara to visit and drop kick them into the sun whilst having Gideon reboot Quentin's mind. I don't think so some how.

• Love 5

I’m waiting to see (and desperately wanting to know) whether Marc and Wendy will:

(a) actually acknowledge that this whole civil war story has been a disaster and ruined any chance of the newbies ever being accepted on the show; or

(b) blame the fans for watching the show wrong and not appreciating the storytelling brilliance. 

Mostly I just want to know if the audience turning on the newbies as an outcome of this storyline was accidental or on purpose. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I still think the writers have chosen to sabotage Rene, Dinah and Curtis on purpose because they're planning to get rid of them at the end of the season. In light of the ever-shrinking ratings, the show will probably have to contend with further budget cuts and the best way to cut the budget is to trim the cast, so...

Edited by strikera0
17 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I still think the writers have chosen to sabotage Rene, Dinah and Curtis on purpose because they're planning to get rid of them at the end of the season. In light of the ever-shrinking ratings, the show will probably have to contend with further budget cuts and the best way to cut the budget is to trim the cast, so...

I'm pretty sure @quarks mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago that Arrow got a boost in the budget for seasons 5 and 6, which had lower ratings than previous seasons, so....

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm pretty sure @quarks mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago that Arrow got a boost in the budget for seasons 5 and 6, which had lower ratings than previous seasons, so....

Really? Well, if that's the case and the writers are NOT planning to get rid of the newbies by season's end, then the entire writing staff needs to be fired immediately because they are beyond incompetent at their jobs. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, strikera0 said:

If this was any other show I'd think the same. Unfortunately I think the Arrow writers are just unbelievably incompetent and completely detached from their audience. They're clueless. I genuinely think they believed the audience would see both sides and root for the team to get back together but that only works if you love all characters and they've never given us a reason to like the newbies at all. So now we just want them gone. Well, I know I do. Haha.

17 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That ratio, lol. I'm glad the replies are mostly good natured teasing and OTA gifs.

The funniest/saddest thing is OTA fans liking the tweet just so he doesn't feel bad. Like "I love you guys but I'm team OTA but I'll give it a like anyway!" ???

Edited by Guest

The next con better have questions like WTF were the writers thinking?

Although, I'll say this, reading the reviews of last night it seems as though media are more in the middle ground than the fans. Here, SpoilerTV, Twitter and, apparently even Reddit are all Go Away Noobs! 

Maybe we're all wrong and there's some middle ground we're supposed to be in? 

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

That ratio, lol. I'm glad the replies are mostly good natured teasing and OTA gifs.

I saw Juliana replied to this and went to see if she liked the tweet and noticed she'd liked every CW Arrow twitter gif from last Ep except those that included Felicity or Siren.

Ill give Echo that he exhibits enough self awareness to know he's not on the popular side, but you can tell from his responses he doesn't seem to get why he's not on the popular side. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

he doesn't seem to get why he's not on the popular side. 

Maybe he does get it but is living in ignorance and bliss?  Because Curtis hurt Diggle physically, Dinah hurt Quentin physically and Oliver had to defend himself against Rene who came at him with an axe. Should be fairly easy to make that connection.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Ill give Echo that he exhibits enough self awareness to know he's not on the popular side, but you can tell from his responses he doesn't seem to get why he's not on the popular side. 

I think he does know, or at least after all the comments being left in that tweet he should have a better idea of where people are coming from, but just like SA, he's never going to publicly admit that his side is the wrong side. 

I do wonder if he knows that when people say they never want to see NTA again, they're being dead serious and exaggerating.

• Love 1

I seriously wish the newbies actors would STFU. They're making it worse by interacting, IMO.

(edited)

I kind of enjoy Ricks tweets more because you just know he's super pissed that people hate him, because he is so thin skinned and thinks so highly of himself and his character.

So I just laugh.  

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 1

Have any of the OTA peeps weighed in? It’s interesting to me that other than a couple of standalone shade-throwing tweets from SA, OTA hasn’t engaged with the n00bs on this storyline on Twitter.

I read some of the replies on that tweet. For a time, Echo was replying to them and I genuinely don't think he's a bad guy. He's not as salty as Rick is, that's for sure, and he seems completely aware that OTA is more liked than NTA. Echo seems to be having more fun than anything. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Did the fan deserve it?

I mean the cast was getting a lot of abuse on twitter from the whole noLaurelnoArrow thing, but he probably could have been more professional.

But still I LOL'd

23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Did the fan deserve it?

IIRC, yes. That fan (and his buddies) had made several abusive comments about Emily and the show under Echo's posts (this was in the spring/summer after season 4) and it seemed like Echo finally snapped. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, WindofChange said:

Echo started off OK but then this........ He can suck a dick too

I can tell from the original tweet that Echo liked that I wouldn't like the person making it, but I don't think I can fault him for liking it.  The worst thing in it was the poster laughing when Felicity looked upset with what Curtis was saying to her at the hospital.  The rest of it seemed all rah rah yay NTA.  I don't like it and I feel I can tell a lot about the person that made the post but in of itself, it isn't really IMO too offensive.   So I can see why Echo would be confused about getting taken to task.  I doubt he sees the real level of ugliness lurking just beneath the surface of the tweet he liked.   

2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well, well, well ... look who's posting about Emily

Can any one tell if this is from a already aired episode or not?

I am not one for conspiracy theories but I swear ever since I've joined this fandom I notice they bring out EBR whenever the show is in the weeds because of plot or a character is unpopular.

Didn't the same thing happen last year with the shady Susan story line? EBR suddenly popped online to msg the lady who played shady Susan?

Also I find that mysterious cute clips and pics of EBR appear at the most convenient times. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Didn't the same thing happen last year with the shady Susan story line? EBR suddenly popped online to msg the lady who played shady Susan?

Ha! You're right, she did. And the funniest part is that EBR wasn't even following Carly Pope on twitter when she responded to a random tweet, so it looked all the more contrived.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think I can fault him for liking it. 

Yeah, I agree. Going after him for liking a tweet like that one is a little silly to me. The only likes I really take issue with are of the "Save (show), kill (character)" variety, because it's shitty coworker behavior. 

• Love 1