Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If you're already a wine club member, you only have a 50/50 chance of getting Emily's wine unless you buy an additional box. If you're newly signing up, use Emily's code to get her wine, and Colton's code to get his. (And I agree about the slick marketing strategy; it's obviously a tactic to get new members and gouging extra money from old club members)

Oh. All right, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, guys! I'm still not re-subscribing (I was part of SA's wine club for about a year before I quit 'cause their wines don't really taste good? Lol). Maybe NP will have leftovers of EBR's wine and it'll be available for purchase after all shipments have been sent. I'll try it then, if that happens.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SleepDeprived said:

Oh. All right, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, guys! I'm still not re-subscribing (I was part of SA's wine club for about a year before I quit 'cause their wines don't really taste good? Lol). Maybe NP will have leftovers of EBR's wine and it'll be available for purchase after all shipments have been sent. I'll try it then, if that happens.

As I understand it, they're a month behind on shipments and there's a cancelation feeling for fans who sign up just to get EBRs wine.

Personally, I think it's a racket. ?

36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As I understand it, they're a month behind on shipments and there's a cancelation feeling for fans who sign up just to get EBRs wine.

Membership requires people to stay in the club for 2 shipments (so $200) or else get penalized $40. It says so in the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the enrollment form. Considering that they need to have a headcount to order wine for the future, it kind of makes sense that they don't want people dropping in and out on a whim.

I think it's scammy to require people to join the club to get Emily's wine, but I don't think the terms are unreasonable or hidden.

Edited by lemotomato
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Membership requires people to stay in the club for 2 shipments (so $200) or else get penalized $40. It says so in the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the enrollment form. Considering that they need to have a headcount to order wine for the future, it kind of makes sense that they don't want people dropping in and out on a whim.

I do think it's kind of scammy to require people to join the club to get the wine, but I don't think the terms are unreasonable or hidden.

Wasn't implying they were. I was just pointing out that IF people sign up for EBR's wine and then drop there's a cancelation fee.

My comment about it being a racket has to do with the fact that they're frequently late in shipping boxes. It just seems like they're very often waiting for the next months money/orders before shipping the previous month's orders.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I know they don't want to over order or have a lot of stock laying around, but it would've been nice if they had a couple hundred bottles of each on hand to sell individually so that people don't have to shell out $200 (or $140 for a box plus the cancellation penalty) to get a $20 bottle of wine (or at least have a *chance* to get a bottle without having to subscribe or buy an additional box). So far they're just saying they'll sell them individually if they have leftovers, which isn't guaranteed. 

I know it's a business and they don't owe it to anyone to have sympathy to people without a lot of disposable income, but at the very least just make a single bottle available to the people who were already committed to your club. The way they're selling this feels exploitative. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I know it's a business and they don't owe it to anyone to have sympathy to people without a lot of disposable income, but at the very least just make a single bottle available to the people who were already committed to your club. The way they're selling this feels exploitative. 

I wonder if they wouldn't make more money if her wine was available for individual purchase because I am sure quite a few people balk at having to buy a bunch of crap they don't want for what ends up as a 200$ bottle of wine.

Does it have to be a "club" due to alcohol shipping regulations? 

Also I feel like people who can blow 200$ on wine are probably not going to buy random celebrity's wine? 

Edited by leopardprint
5 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I wonder if they wouldn't make more money if her wine was available for individual purchase because I am sure quite a few people balk at having to buy a bunch of crap they don't want for what ends up as a 200$ bottle of wine.

Does it have to be a "club" due to alcohol shipping regulations? 

Also I feel like people who can blow 200$ on wine are probably not going to buy random celebrity's wine? 

I'm both impressed by what's he's accomplished with this "label, but not actually a winery" and wondering why I still remain in the club given that A) the wine isn't very good and B) I hate the coffee they send with each shipment.  That said, I was utterly charmed by my name being in the first xmas comic, and I can't seem to part with it.  My husband side eyes me every time that box shows up, though.  Given how many wine clubs I belong to, this is my not-really-embarrassing-but-it-never-comes-up-with-my-wine-friends kind of thing.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kymmi said:

I'm both impressed by what's he's accomplished with this "label, but not actually a winery" and wondering why I still remain in the club given that A) the wine isn't very good and B) I hate the coffee they send with each shipment.  That said, I was utterly charmed by my name being in the first xmas comic, and I can't seem to part with it.  My husband side eyes me every time that box shows up, though.  Given how many wine clubs I belong to, this is my not-really-embarrassing-but-it-never-comes-up-with-my-wine-friends kind of thing.

Yes, I'm also kind of impressed by his hustle even if I'm skeptical these businesses can outlast the show. LOL at your husband, I have definitely spent money on much more questionable purchases than a celebrity wine club of middling quality. At least he isn't peddling dubious pseudo alternative health treatments. 

As someone who buys wine because I like the labels, I will say I would totally snag EBR's bottle if I saw it in a store. (Not a) Pro Tip: Go for the ones with houses. 

Edited by leopardprint
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder what it costs to advertise at the baggage claim?

They seem to have airport signage whatever big professional conference or con is going on at the convention center.  Don't know if it is part of the package when you rent out the convention center or if it is some local boosterism, like the San Jose Chamber of Commerce promoting local events.

I do remember a TV ad for the Con during Arrow last year.  It had ghastly production quality.

33 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They are both soooooo good looking! SA is looking great this season.

He really is. I don’t know if he’s getting more sleep or if he’s had some treatments, but he looks more youthful than a year ago.

• Love 9

It also helps him if he dresses well. The hat stays home and the one t-shirt he owns is traded in for another one.

And while I am at it being superficial.... Emily's white shoes might be very comfortable but I just don't like them. She wears them so often but they are still so weird to me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

It also helps him if he dresses well. The hat stays home and the one t-shirt he owns is traded in for another one.

And while I am at it being superficial.... Emily's white shoes might be very comfortable but I just don't like them. She wears them so often but they are still so weird to me. 

I like the shoes but I'm dying over the white shoes with black pants and a maroon top. Bad EBR! ?

• Love 1

The shoes look like something Ducky would wear in Pretty in Pink. 

Also, I hope SA doesn't turn up in his Bill Belichick-ed sweatshirt like he did last HVFF. If I paid to have a pic with him and he turned up in that mess I would be so mad, LOL.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

They are both soooooo good looking! SA is looking great this season.

Lol I do wonder how they can spend so much time together and not get sick of each other! Didn't they already work with each other all week?  

Eh, look at J2 from SPN. Those guys spend most of their lives together.  (No I don't think they are couple IRL). They seem to really be brothers on screen and off. I think EBR and SA have a similar dynamic if not to that extent.

25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Also, I hope SA doesn't turn up in his Bill Belichick-ed sweatshirt like he did last HVFF. If I paid to have a pic with him and he turned up in that mess I would be so mad, LOL.

I really wish someone would tell SA to stop dressing so sloppily ad wearing hats during photo ops. I mean, I guess a lot of the fans don't mind, but it's just maddening. Especially at those prices :P

3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I really wish someone would tell SA to stop dressing so sloppily ad wearing hats during photo ops. I mean, I guess a lot of the fans don't mind, but it's just maddening. Especially at those prices :P

It's pretty unprofessional (especially the hats), imo, but people loved their photos so who cares. EBR wears some crazy things but she doesn't look like she rolled off the couch and wandered into the con. I would die laughing if a fan showed up with a full on outfit change for him, though. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I feel bad for SA in that pic. He does not look comfortable.

I think that is intended. Like Felicity is supposed to be the excited prom queen and Oliver the awkward prom king. At least that's my read on it. I could be wrong though.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think that is intended. Like Felicity is supposed to be the excited prom queen and Oliver the awkward prom king. At least that's my read on it. I could be wrong though.

Could be, I didn't even think about that.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Could be, I didn't even think about that.

Yeah. I've seen a lot of SPN con photo wherein the actors look uncomfortable or grumpy it's because the con goer has requested that be the bit behind it.

• Love 1