Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

This might be a dumb question...I'm not on twitter, so I really don't know how all that works.  But in that photo of DR, SA, and KC with the Stanley cup (taken from KC's twitter page), why would she post twitter handles that aren't even the official ones for DR and SA? The handle that she posted for David is a fan account, and the one for SA is some random person.  I took a quick browse through her photos, and she's been consistently doing that.  Is there a reason for that, or does she probably just not realize she's doing it?

Ah, you're right.  Those are the correct handles for DR's and SA's instagram accounts.  See, dumb question.  Thanks! 

It's not a dumb question, it's poor usage of social media all around. :)

If you have the same username on Twitter and Instagram, it works automatically. But if your usernames are different, you still can make it work -- by going into Instagram and adding your Twitter account as one of your linked accounts [seriously, everyone, do it].

So it *would* work if DR and SA would link their Instagram to their Twitter accounts. But they didn't. And then KC is probably not aware that they didn't, and she keeps sending Instagram posts automatically to Twitter. Which then doesn't know accounts are unlinked.  Poor social media usage all around, q.e.d.

Full DR panel at Dallas ComicCon on Feb. 14, 2016 (he "just found out" who's in the grave)...

Dallas Comic Con Fan Days: David Ramsey Q&A
Published on Feb 16, 2016, by Skaldic Media

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Ok, I have a question about SA's latest tweets. Don't artists sell prints of art they create based on Arrow at basically all the cons? Do they get permission from DC to do so? Why is he suddenly concerned about protecting Arrow's IP? I don't get the context, probably.

Hopefully that means it's not him.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't count on that as being a marker of anything.  Caity Lotz and SA knew Sara was dead when she was doing panels.  Back in the Torchwood days, JB and another actor knew when a character was dead and they did a full comic con panel. Many cons feature actors that have been killed off but they just can't talk about it. 

Dallas Comic Con Fan Days: John Barrowman Q&A
Published on Feb 16, 2016, by Skaldic Media

John Barrowman on the Future of Malcolm Merlyn + Toy Fair Reveals
Published on Feb 16, 2016, by DC Entertainment

If it was him he wouldn't have just gotten the notice. He may have worded it that way to throw people off but I didn't get that impression.

I think they just recently told everyone because the script came out, prior to that only the grave occupant knew.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4

Ok, I have a question about SA's latest tweets. Don't artists sell prints of art they create based on Arrow at basically all the cons? Do they get permission from DC to do so? Why is he suddenly concerned about protecting Arrow's IP? I don't get the context, probably.

Not even actual Copyright Law knows exactly what to do with this kind of transformative work, so Steve's probably talking out of his ass?

• Love 3

I have to agree with dtissagirl.

Lord Mesa does loads of art of Arrow and sells at conventions. The cast love his stuff and it is definitely DCs intellectual property. As far I can remember with conventions, aside from custom art ordered at the venue, the artist has to sell a certain amount of original art, whether that's divided 50/40 or whatever usually depends on the event, and I suppose if a huge entity like DC comics has stake in the event.

• Love 2

According to Time Warner, artists are not supposed to be selling (that is, making money from) art that uses DC and other Time Warner trademarks and copyrighted art without permission, unless it's parody, like Lord Mesa's stuff, which fits under fair use.

That viewpoint obviously hasn't stopped artists from doing just that, but Time Warner shut down artists selling Harry Potter stuff just last year.

• Love 1

Some highlights from DR's panel at Dallas ComicCon (video posted above)...

-- Per DR, Diggle doesn't like the supernatural stuff because Diggle is a very "nuts-and-bolts kind of guy".  However, DR loves it.
-- Per DR, Diggle would let Oliver & Felicity babysit Baby Sara (Felicity for sure, but okay with Oliver after some joking about last season's kidnapping of Lyla).
-- DR said that, next episode, their Baby Sara moved to Toronto so now they have a different Baby Sara, "as if no one's going to notice". [Oh no... the original Baby Sara is so cute!]
-- DR has been a martial artist for 22 years(!) in an art called JKD.  [According to Google, there's a martial art called Jeet Kune Do that was created by Bruce Lee.]
-- In response to fan asking about how he's bulked up, DR said that he just continues to do the same kind of workout that's been around for the past 60 years (as opposed to SA who does some new stuff).  He said that it's just consistency and repetition.
-- DR said that, between him, SA and JB, JB is "clearly the idiot of the bunch".
-- Right now, DR's favorite superhero is Diggle (joking).  He also said (wistfully): "He should've got a power ring."
-- DR "just found out" who's in the grave and said: "All I can tell you... it's going to be very, very sad."
-- In response to fan saying he liked Diggle being a mentor to Oliver and trying to get him to see sense when he comes up with his crazy ideas, DR said: "You can only tell Oliver the same thing so many times... and he not take your advice.  I mean, how many times?"  He said that they've recently been talking about working that same beat, how they've hit that same beat too many times, and how Diggle facilitates that piece of Oliver. He said that they have to start investigating other parts of that relationship, which will come out in the remaining part of the season.  Diggle is who Oliver wants to be 5-6 years down the road.  But they've hit those beats of the mentor-type relationship too many times and that relationship has to evolve, so they're still working on it.
-- Per DR, when the cast found out that someone's going to die at the end of the season, they grieved all of the deaths on the show because you have to say goodbye to a cast member.
-- DR: "Any time someone's happy on Arrow, just give it a week."
-- DR said that every time he goes to Flash, it's happy and everyone's happier because the material isn't as dark as on Arrow.
-- If Diggle had a superpower, DR would want him to have Professor Xavier's superpower.  Then he could make Oliver do what he wanted him to do.
-- DR said that he thinks that Diggle would kill Malcolm now, but that he would rather see Darhk brought to justice and put in ARGUS prison.
-- Per DR, Diggle's helmet is going to change and we'll see the improvement "soon".
-- In response to fan asking who he thinks Felicity wants Oliver to kill (in the limo scene), DR: "It could be a lot of people.. Malcolm Merlyn and Damian Darhk are at the top of the list... I can't tell you, I can't tell you, I can't tell you... I want to tell you so bad."  He just loves to give out spoilers, so it's hard for him to keep silent.
-- In response to fan asking who his doppelganger would be on Earth 2, DR said: "Green Lantern."
-- After moderator said that they already know that the Flash is going to cross over to Supergirl, DR said that he was trying to hold that news back because he didn't know the news was already out. 
-- DR said that they get letters, saying 'don't', and "they've written us and called us and said, 'please' ... I mean, we just found out who died, for example, and they're like, 'do not let this out'. They showed us pages and we had to read it - and they're just like, 'god' and 'please'."
-- In response to fan asking who would be the best fight on Team Arrow, DR said: "Felicity versus Oliver."  As for who would win, DR said: "Felicity... That would be the best fight. I would love to see that fight. I mean, like, Oliver turned evil and he acted like, 'kill Felicity' or something, and Felicity'll like, 'no, Oliver, 'you're really good', and he's like 'no, I'm not', and she'd have to use her brain to overcome his brawn, and she'd totally beat him... Then he'd wake up and be like, 'oh no, I almost killed you', and she'd be like, 'no, I almost killed you'... That would be cool.'"
-- In response to fan asking if they thought of their old "what's in the box" joke when they found out who's in the grave, DR said that the "what's in the box" joke never gets old, but they didn't want to joke about who's in the grave because "it's sad, man... it's not a happy thing."
-- DR's favorite season was S2 but he also said that this season is turning out to be as good as S2.
-- DR then went into Manu Bennett's method acting story (video clip of this part of panel was previously posted in the thread above).
-- DR doesn't know what he would do if he didn't act.
-- DR said that his favorite Delicity scene was in past season when Diggle told Felicity that she's irreplaceable.
-- DR thinks (but doesn't know) that their tv version of Suicide Squad is on hold until they see what happens with the movie.
-- DR doesn't see Andy Diggle joining the Green Arrow team, but

there's a lot more coming up with Andy and HIVE in upcoming episodes this season.

Things are going to ramp up toward the end of the season, which is why he said that he thought this season would rival S2.
-- In response to fan asking why he wanted to be an actor, DR said that he just enjoys make-believe.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 14

-- In response to fan asking who would be the best fight on Team Arrow, DR said: "Felicity versus Oliver."  As for who would win, DR said: "Felicity... That would be the best fight. I would love to see that fight. I mean, like, Oliver turned evil and he acted like, 'kill Felicity' or something, and Felicity'll like, 'no, Oliver, 'you're really good', and he's like 'no, I'm not', and she'd have to use her brain to overcome his brawn, and she'd totally beat him... Then he'd wake up and be like, 'oh no, I almost killed you', and she'd be like, 'no, I almost killed you'... That would be cool.'"

Someone's been writing his own fanfic. :D

• Love 17

At one point we were talking about the action figures, it looks like Laurels is being released 3/30. Which is the same day 4x18 airs. I'm pulling for some irony.

Haha, I just saw someone pointing that out online and wondered if it's true that 4x18 airs on March 30th.  Between this and her mother freaking out on twitter again yesterday (and other strange things we've already talked about ), I have to admit, there's a lot of weird stuff going on with KC lately.

Ha, I'm guessing everyone went "WTF, Thea!"

That's the only explanation. It's not like it was a big episode for her and the thing that set her apart from other characters was not good. Could it be another Thea? 

Bamford posted some photos from the filming of this episode on his Instagram.

tumblr_o2qnrys5l51tnzpmso1_500.jpg

There's one of Vote for Ruve T-shirts and ball caps with the caption, This may as well have been a real debate....we even had swag. Yeah, just like a real debate. Such a nail biter.

Bam Bam's two episodes had a narrative build up to a big event -- the fundraising and the debate -- that then amounted to nothing. Weird storytelling choices coupled with a mediocre director will do that to shows, I guess.

• Love 13