Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I agree.  That's why it's " the people who wanted comics and thought Laurel should have been BC long ago" rather than "people who came to the show from reading the comics."

OK thanks for that clarification.

Arrow's PR department needs to step it up a notch. Does Arrow have a lower budget than Flash or something? Flash is always getting new promotional items, from trailers to posters to interviews, while Arrow is stuck with the same old things. A new photoshoot would be nice; i still can't believe you guys photoshopped the promo pics from last year to create his year's season poster btw. New things for fans to get excited over would be appreciated. Arrow is the show that started it all after all.

Preaching to the choir, sister.

Preach indeed, urgh that recycled poster seriously, what a fail . 

Edited by Conell

I didn't know where to put it but I thought this was the best place... 

So this is a signal boost... the creep who had that account body shaming EBR created a new one. If you have twitter please report the asshole the handle is emilyfattyrickards. 

I agree David Ramsey would be the perfect John Stewart, but I honestly think there are two main reasons the character hasn't gotten more play. One is the Green Lantern movie, which tanked hard enough to scare off any other interpretations for a while. And the second is the host of the Daily Show. I know their first names are spelled differently but for a majority of people, even a lot of comic book fans, if you say John Stewart the guy on TV is the one who's going to come to mind.

• Love 1

In the AK interview linked in the Spoiler thread, he says that why we haven't seen The Atom fly on Arrow but do see it on The Flash 118 is because of the difference in the budgets for the two shows.

Could The Flash really have that much more of a budget than Arrow? Did they steal from Arrow for The Flash? If so, no wonder we've been complaining of cheap sets all season.

I think the Flash might have been given a higher budget than Arrow because they might actually needed it. All their villains have super powers or super tech while Stephen firing CGI arrows is probably no where near as expensive. Even Barry running probably costs a lot. It's much like how on BtVs and Angel they had to choose when to show a vamp dusting because it wasn't a cheap effect. Meanwhile having Ollie punch someone and Roy parkour everywhere is pennies out of the budget.

Could The Flash really have that much more of a budget than Arrow? Did they steal from Arrow for The Flash? If so, no wonder we've been complaining of cheap sets all season.

I think The Flash does have a higher budget than Arrow. It uses a lot more CGI. SA spoke a bit about this on the Aisha Tyler podcast - networks always cut the budgets of successful shows to funnel money into new projects. I suspect The Flash's budget will be cut next year if the team-up show gets picked up. 

The flying I saw on Arrow was pretty shitty, but I didn't watch The Flash last night so I can't compare. I have been impressed with Flash's CGI for the most part knowing it's on the CW.

Another comic con for KL...

Katrina Law @Misskatrinalaw  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Katrina Law retweeted MCM Comic Con
BELFAST!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! May 2-3

https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw

MCM Comic Con ‏@MCMComicCon
Guest news: @MissKatrinaLaw to attend MCM #Belfast Comic Con, 2-3 May 2015.
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/belfast/2015/04/15/arrow-star-katrina-law-hits-the-spot-at-belfast-comic-con/… #mcmBFS15

https://twitter.com/MCMComicCon/status/588363660449329152

Arrow star Katrina Law to attend Belfast Comic Con
15 APRIL 2015
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/arrow-star-katrina-law-to-attend-belfast-comic-con-31145793.html

Edited by tv echo

I'm forever a cynic, and Colton's tweets and instagram posts sounded so hurt -- saying EBR was helping him out with upsetting news, having one his friends fly to Vancouver and do tourist-y things with her before leaving town, even the vague good-byes from the other actors -- that I feel like it really wasn't his decision to leave, but the network/studio deciding not to renew his contract. Or break his contract earlier. Or DC Comics telling Arrow they couldn't have Arsenal anymore. I know Berlanti told Deadline they knew they were gonna lose Colton from the start, but I kinda [totally] don't believe him.

• Love 9

I'm forever a cynic, and Colton's tweets and instagram posts sounded so hurt -- saying EBR was helping him out with upsetting news, having one his friends fly to Vancouver and do tourist-y things with her before leaving town, even the vague good-byes from the other actors -- that I feel like it really wasn't his decision to leave, but the network/studio deciding not to renew his contract. Or break his contract earlier. Or DC Comics telling Arrow they couldn't have Arsenal anymore. I know Berlanti told Deadline they knew they were gonna lose Colton from the start, but I kinda [totally] don't believe him.

It does have a waft of fishiness

• Love 1

It could be both. They signed him to a 2 year contract which he was cool with, but after spending time on the show and getting close to the cast, he wanted to renew  the contract. They didn't and so Colton Haynes is really sad. 

I am also really sad.

• Love 5

Yeah, I definitely think it was a TPTB decision, but as usual in Hollywood, the spin is to minimize anything that even remotely looks like a firing. Hence the "it was always in the cards", "we always knew" quotes, and the whole undertone of it being Colton's choice, because that always looks better for everyone.

I guess if they announce Roy Harper on Titans, or a Red Hood and the Outlaws movie, we'll have DC to blame. Otherwise, we'll never know.

I really hope they figure out a way to have Roy pop-up every so often, though.

I agree that something seems a little...not quite right with the story we've been given, and that's understandable. But I also think they did such a good job this season building Roy into a really good part of the team and a good character, and CH really did his best work. It sort of feels like a decision that was made when Roy wasn't working so well. And if CH is still available someday down the road, and they figure out a way to bring him back, I'd love to have him back. It came out of nowhere for me, but like I said in the episode thread, Roy was one of the only things I unequivocally loved this season, and I'm going to miss him.

• Love 8

It sort of feels like a decision that was made when Roy wasn't working so well.

That's exactly what I thought when reading those interviews. It seemed like something they came up with when Roy was expendable during season 2. But then they threw their best writing at him (bar a few plot contrived moments) and now we don't want Roy to leave.

Edited by Password
  • Love 1

Non-spoilery tweets by SA...

Stephen Amell @amellywood  ·  10h 10 hours ago
I don't think I'll ever direct an Arrow ep.

Lisa Bell Roden @musegirl
@amellywood I thought direction tonight was terrific. Do you think you might direct an episode at some point? #askamell
Stephen Amell @amellywood  ·  11h 11 hours ago
I am without a hiatus this year. My next extended break is Christmas time. Not complaining. Pumped.
patty @mattscohens
@amellywood what's the first thing you plan to do on hiatus? #AskAmell

https://twitter.com/amellywood

Edited by tv echo

More non-spoilery tweets by SA at https://twitter.com/amellywood...

Stephen Amell @amellywood  ·  16h 16 hours ago
If you don't get nervous, you haven't put the work in.

Titom @Titomxtz
@amellywood #AskAmell Congratulations for the next Ninja Turtles movie...nervous?
Way to get your heart ripped out. Loser.

alini @lovingsmolder
@amellywood If Oliver met with your character of The Vampire Diaries, what would he say to him? haha #AskAmell
All blockbusters in the summer of 2016 are my enemy. Not really. Kidding. Probably. #CaseyJones

Agent Guerrero. @margroal
@amellywood Are you excited for Batman vs Superman? #AskAmell
Edited by tv echo

And really, the stuff in season two was a problem of writing.  We got Roy added to the team and then they just dropped him and then tossed him in a coma until the finale.  How is that a fair showcase of his talents?

But then I've always liked Roy.  :(

• Love 2

I did wonder if it really was a mutual/amicable decision because Colton is not being quoted in any of the interviews I've seen, just Guggenheim and Berlanti. The Walking Dead usually gives its departing actors some press.

Colton's departure and the revelation about the two-year contract also made me wonder about EBR's contract. And if it had been extended last summer. There was that time the EPs sent her a giant bouquet of flowers and I always tied that to the announcement that she'd be part of the GA comics. But now I'm wondering if that was because of a contract extension. They might have initially given her a 2-year contract because, hey, newbie. But after the success of moving her into the love interest position, maybe they decided to pin her down to a longer contract? I'm just speculating here.

• Love 1

MG was asked on Tumblr if EBR since she came on as a regular about the same time as CH also had a two contract or if it was extended and he very up helpfully answered: No.

So that could be no, she didn't have a two contract or no they didn't extend her contract.

Edited by BkWurm1

Some non-spoilery MG responses at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

splitsunshine asked:
Did you guys expect everyone to get so attached to the fern?

Nope!

inhiding77 asked:
Last night's episode was so good, I have a hard time deciding which part is my favorite! ALL OF THAT BEING SAID, why did you have to take out Yao Fern?!?! Also, when Felicity gave Oliver the fern did you realize it would become the Love Fern and so many people would adore it?

No.  I was completely taken by surprise by the love for the fern.

thearrowhater asked:
YO MARC, how do u feel knowing u destroy the first good show on that piece of shit network known as the cw? Congratulations, at least we have Flash now, you know, the show with good the good arrow writer. xo.

You do know that Flash is on the same “piece of shit network,” right?

thearrowhater asked:
Im glad Colton leave, now he's free of your terrible writing.

Believe me when I tell you that there’s no escape from my writing.

rosewoodclown asked:
WOW, what an episode! It was amazing, as the last few have been. Every character was on point. Ray and Oliver sharing scenes is tv gold. Roy, Felicity and John were perfect the entire episode, but MAN that ending!!! That is what Team Arrow is made of. Perfection. Loved every second of it. Team Arrow working as leaders, knowing Oliver, and planning everything accordingly, made me love those characters more than I've ever had. Baby Thea!! And the fern! Can't wait to see how Oliver handles this!!

Thanks so much!!!

mrxf32 asked:
Arrow has lost its charm this season. I honestly have considered not watching anymore because its just too painful to watch something that has continually pushed Olicity in our faces when all we want is a good SUPERHERO show not an Olicity show. And I know that you will probably ignore this and that is fine but I just had one question. Will Laurel and Diggle be pushed to the wayside for Felicity in season 4?

I’m sorry the show hasn’t been to your liking this season.

Edited by tv echo
renae-turtle asked:

hey so did Colton get written off the show and if so why? was it his choice or like a contract thing? also its a pretty common theory that Colton will be the floater character between the three shows.

After Season 1, we made a two-year deal with Colton.

Colton had a 2 year contract and he came in around the same time as Emily. Was her contract 2 years too except hers has been extended?

No.

themysteryworld asked:

Hey Marc how many writers are involve in the show? & how many are women?

This year, our writing staff is comprised of five men and three women.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
thearrowhater asked:

YO MARC, how do u feel knowing u destroy the first good show on that piece of shit network known as the cw? Congratulations, at least we have Flash now, you know, the show with good the good arrow writer. xo.

Lol, seriously? That was some lame-ass trolling, I really don't understand why such posts are getting answers. And really, there are and have been some very good shows on The CW, like Nikita, The 100, Jane The Virgin and iZombie.

• Love 2

Hahaha, troll. He's not counting himself, nor counting Kreisberg and Berlanti, who are getting "story by" credits for 323, as well as 301 and 308. 8 men and 3 women.

9 men and 4 women total this season, if you count Oscar Balderrama, who's not on staff, but co-wrote 320, and Grainne Godfree, who's a Flash staff writer, and co-wrote 308.

• Love 4

Who is going to Calgary expo? I need to know because I want people to go with. lol it would be nice to have company. This is my first expo and I'm kind of nervous I'm gonna miss seeing Stephen Amell and David Ramsey. Is it basically a line up type thing where we have to wait for panels?

I find it hard to argue against David Ramsey's opinion here.

Thats OK, the same doesn't extend to me.

Likely anyone would champion for and believe in something that helps their career, nothing really wrong with that. 

thearrowhater asked:

Im glad Colton leave, now he's free of your terrible writing.

Believe me when I tell you that there’s no escape from my writing.

Haha brutal from both sides.

Edited by Conell

Nothing spoilery, except that

it's the last day of shooting

Stephen Amell As we wrap up Arrow Season 3, a very quick thank you.
Published on Apr 18, 2015, by Arrow TV12

• Love 1

Stephen says he loved the first 40 minutes on 3x01 and wishes for more episode like that.

I love how Stephen specifically stated the first 40 minutes. I'm pretty sure he hated the fact that Sara died. 

• Love 14

Only video clip of SA from the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo posted on youtube so far...

Stephen Amell on the Vancouver Canucks (Calgary Expo 2015)

Edited by tv echo

Only video clip of SA from the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo posted on youtube so far...

There was an announcement before the every panel yesterday (I sat through the two before Amell's...) that there would be no video recording/flash photography. I'm not sure if that has stopped people in the past, but there were workers close by to where I was sitting so I didn't want to risk recording anything.