Type keyword(s) to search

Warm & Fuzzy Movie Moments

• Start Topic

This came up in conversation tonight, but none of us had seen it since it was in theatres, so I may bungle it, but the scene in Kissing Jessica Stein when Jessica and her mom are talking in code makes me tear up with joy.  Jessica is involved with a woman for the first time, and unable to be open about it (and having difficulty with the sexual intimacy).  Her mother is a stereotypical NY Jewish mother, perpetually trying to set her daughter up with eligible, mom-approved men, complete with declarations that "he's a very nice boy."  Jessica figures her mom would plotz if she brought home a girlfriend instead.  After Jessica has brought her girlfriend around as a friend a few times, there's a scene in which Jessica and her mom acknowledge the true nature of the relationship without ever saying it outright.  When her mom says, "I think she's a very nice girl," that moment of acceptance warms my heart.  I don't remember the film as a whole well enough to recall if I found anything annoying or offensive, but that snippet of dialogue has been stuck in my head ever since.

• Love 1

Some from Rogue One

The Force protecting Chirrut when he was going to flip the switch, come on he's repeating "I am one with the Force, the Force is with me", he's out in the open, and not one shot hits him, the Force was protecting him.  The fact that 3 former members of the Empire played a role in the destruction of the Death Star (Gaelen, K2, and Bodhi).  Everyone resigning themselves to the fact they're going to die, but it doesn't matter as long as they get the plans in the hands of the Rebellion.  Rogue Squadron obviously being named after the heroes.  And "Rogue One, may the Force be with you."

• Love 4

What makes this scene so cute is Yul Brynner's subtle little interactions with the children, like his mock horror when one of them accidentally turns their back on him, or him admonishing the little girl for her informality only to give her a reassuring smile, and how he proudly holds up two fingers to Anna when the twins come out.  It's little things like this that made the King such a likable character for all his other flaws.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

The Impossible. I'll spoiler tag it just in case.

Spoiler

When the oldest son Lucas, sees his dad walking in the hospiatel and then runs after him but loses him in the crowd of makeshift tents. He screams out "Dad!" and then the younger brothers, who just happened to be across the street at the time, hear him, immediately recognize his voice and start running. The brothers reunite and then Dad (Ewan Mcgregor) finds them and they all hug.

I was crying ugly tears of happiness at that scene. I was kinda glad I watched that movie by myself lol

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

The Impossible. I'll spoiler tag it just in case.

Reveal hidden contents

When the oldest son Lucas, sees his dad walking in the hospiatel and then runs after him but loses him in the crowd of makeshift tents. He screams out "Dad!" and then the younger brothers, who just happened to be across the street at the time, hear him, immediately recognize his voice and start running. The brothers reunite and then Dad (Ewan Mcgregor) finds them and they all hug.

I was crying ugly tears of happiness at that scene. I was kinda glad I watched that movie by myself lol

I just saw this again not long ago and remember loving that scene as well, it did get a bit dusty in my apartment at that moment.

• Love 2

So I watched The Little Mermaid. I know Ariel gets a lot of crap about supposedly turning her back on her own species and selling her soul/voice to get a man (I don't agree with this view, but that's for another thread):

But tell me I'm not the only one moved by the final scene of Triton hugging her goodbye as she whispers "I love you, Daddy."

• Love 5

The scene in Moonlight where Juan teaches little Chiron how to swim is beautifully shot, beautifully acted and beautiful, period. 

Another beautiful Moonlight scene was

the kitchen scene at the end, where the adult Chiron tells the adult Kevin that he was the only man who ever touched him.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

I watched A Bug's Life this weekend (and yeah, it's hard because of Kevin Spacey), and Flik standing up for the colony, telling Hopper that they're more than he says they're worth since their hard work both feed themselves and the grasshoppers, is pretty touching.  Especially considering how all the other ants did nothing but dump on Flik for most of his life.

• Love 2

Pocahontas: Meeko and Flit coaxing Percy out of hiding after he's all traumatized from Kocuum's murder and John getting captured. It's the moment when he stops being the spoiled villain pet and becomes a friend.

Also the part when Percy later cuddles up to Pocahontas at Grandmother Willow's. I have a soft spot for pugs.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

I recently saw the Aladdin musical in New York (which I loved) and inspired me to rewatch the original cartoon. I think the whole ending is just one big warm and fuzzy moment:

Dammit, Robin, I still miss you...

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Aladdin and the Genie hugging at the end always gives me the feels. Same goes for Rajah comforting Jasmine when she thinks Aladdin's about to be killed. 

And Aladdin picking up Jasmine and twirling her around. Huge sucker for that trope.

• Love 4
(edited)

Agreed on all the aforementioned scenes. One of many reasons why 'Aladdin' will always hold a special spot in my heart. 

18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Dammit, Robin, I still miss you...

Same :(. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 4
(edited)

One of the sweetest things I've ever seen is In A Heartbeat, an animated short about Sherwin, a shy, closeted boy who wants to avoid telling Jonathan, the boy of his dreams, that he loves him, but his heart won't let him. It's a beautiful story, told without dialogue, that, in some ways, reminds me of Up. I posted this in tribute to Pride Month because I think that stories like this can help LGBT kids feel less alone, less afraid & much better about themselves.

In A Heartbeat

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

You wouldn't expect a comedy like Trading Places to have sone warm and fuzzy moments, but there's quite a few.

First is when Coleman gives Billy Ray some encouragement on his first day working for the Dukes: "Just be yourself, sir. Whatever happens they can't take that away from you."

Then there was the part where Mortimer "accidentally" drops the money clip in their office thinking Billy Ray will steal it, and you can see for a moment that he's tempted. But you can see that look on his face that he can't bring himself to do it because they've been so "good" to him, and he quickly runs after them to give it back. It such a good moment of Billy Ray's character growth, and also a but infuriating because we know the Dukes are just using him.

And finally, Louis and Billy Ray ecstatically hugging each other when they strike it rich at the Stock Exchange. It's kind of heartwarming that they wound up friends. You know what they say: a common enemy unites.

• Love 8

I love the part in the 1951 A Christmas Carol when Scrooge (Alistair Sim, one of the greatest actors to ever play this iconic character) makes peace with Fred and meets his wife. Fred's wife (sorry, her name escapes me) is at first understandably hesitant since she knows Scrooge's reputation, but when she sees how happy Fred is that Scrooge is coming to dinner, she immediately embraces Scrooge, accepts him as family, and invites him to dance (and, boy, can Scrooge cut a rug!) with her. So damn sweet and joyful.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I love the part in the 1951 A Christmas Carol when Scrooge (Alistair Sim, one of the greatest actors to ever play this iconic character) makes peace with Fred and meets his wife. Fred's wife (sorry, her name escapes me) is at first understandably hesitant since she knows Scrooge's reputation, but when she sees how happy Fred is that Scrooge is coming to dinner, she immediately embraces Scrooge, accepts him as family, and invites him to dance (and, boy, can Scrooge cut a rug!) with her. So damn sweet and joyful.

And on that note, how about The Muppet Christmas Carol with Scrooge and the Muppets delivering presents to a bunch of people all culminating with them bringing the turkey dinner to the Crachits?

• Love 5

A few from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

- At the beginning in Miles's room, you see the bottom of one of his drawings, and it's obviously Superman.

Spoiler

- "It always fits... eventually."

- Aunt May's faith in Miles.  Of course she's going to know that Miles is Spider-Man, that he's worthy of the mantle, and he'll come back.  She could see that Miles was just like Peter, and that he has everything that made Peter the inspirational hero to millions.

• Love 4

Aladdin and the King of Thieves -- probably one of the better Disney video sequels -- had a whole bunch of warm and fuzzies, and most of them were at the wedding(s): Aladdin trying to bow formally for the Sultan only for him to tell him not to look so solemn because it's supposed to be a happy day, everyone's reaction at Jasmine walking down the aisle, Sultan telling her that he thought this day would never come and now it's come too soon, Genie getting emotional (and blowing his nose on Carpet LOL), and the big finale when Cassim shows up and smiles at them from the background...gah.

• Love 2
On 4/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Aladdin and the King of Thieves -- probably one of the better Disney video sequels -- had a whole bunch of warm and fuzzies, and most of them were at the wedding(s): Aladdin trying to bow formally for the Sultan only for him to tell him not to look so solemn because it's supposed to be a happy day, everyone's reaction at Jasmine walking down the aisle, Sultan telling her that he thought this day would never come and now it's come too soon, Genie getting emotional (and blowing his nose on Carpet LOL), and the big finale when Cassim shows up and smiles at them from the background...gah.

Plus if you watch the cartoon series, a lot of the characters from the series attended the wedding (non speaking of course).  And Iago going with Cassim at the end was fitting but bittersweet.

On topic, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Yondu's last words: "He may have been your father boy, but he wasn't your daddy".  Plus the fireworks/fireshow? to honor him at the end

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

On topic, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Yondu's last words: "He may have been your father boy, but he wasn't your daddy".  Plus the fireworks/fireshow? to honor him at the end

Yeah, I have to admit, I got pretty misty eyed. That crazy bastard really grew on me. 

• Love 8

Just rewatched About Schmidt for he first time in a long while.  The final scene still gets me.  I think it's literally the only time we see Nicholson smile throughout the whole movie.

Watching Peter grow a little after his emotional talk with Happy on the plane. When he started working on his suit, then seeing Happy smile and start playing Back in Black, my heart swelled a little.

• Love 3

The elongated sequence in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood where Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie) is on an outing and decides to see herself in a Dean Martin movie playing at the famous Bruin movie theater in Westwood.

She could not possibly have been more a radiating vision of the California girl.  The sweetness and delight she portrayed made her, and the scene, absolutely enchanting.  

• Love 2

There's this little moment in Tommy Boy before his dad's wedding where his dad takes him aside, obviously feeling like he has to justify why he wants to get married again since he did kind of spring the news on Tommy at the last minute.  He starts into this big speech where he explains how lonely he's been since Tommy's mom dad...and Tommy just cuts him off mid-speech and says, gently and sincerely, "It's cool, Dad.  I just want you to be happy."

Man, I miss Chris Farley.

• Love 8
(edited)

The scene from The Suicide Squad

Spoiler

when Bloodsport, who had been afraid of rats since childhood, petted Ratcatcher 2's pet rat Sebastian. However, since Sebastian is arguably the cutest movie rat since Ratatouille, I didn't blame him. That Bloodsport is played by Idris Elba is not only the cherry on top, it's the first time I've ever been jealous of a rat.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

The ending of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, when we see young Donna with baby Sophie and then cut to Sophie in the present with her newborn baby in the same place. And then she sees Donna's ghost/spirit/or whatever that is and they finish the song together. I cry so much each time I watch it.

• Love 4

Does anyone remember Murphy's Romance with Sally Field and James Garner?  It came out in 1985 and I thought it was a really sweet movie.  There's a scene where Emma, who is new in town, asks business owner, Murphy, for a loan.  She's newly divorced with a teenage son and is trying to start a horse training and boarding business.  The small town banker won't give one to her because she's a woman and what do they know about business and horse training?  Murphy says no and they start snapping at each other, but end the scene ok, neither really angry.  I love that a little later in the movie, not only does Murphy give her son a job, even when he's not hiring at the moment, but he also buys a horse and keeps it at her stables.  He's highly respected in community and that opens the door for more people to trust her with their horses, thus giving her the opportunity to make money and a successful business.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Babe:

After Fly's puppies are sold off, she's lying alone in the barn, understandably down-hearted. Then Babe comes in and shyly asks,

"Fly? Can I call you... 'Mom'?"

And Fly licks his face, and Babe giggles.

Damn, this movie still yanks at my heartstrings, over a quarter of a century after its release.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Babe:

After Fly's puppies are sold off, she's lying alone in the barn, understandably down-hearted. Then Babe comes in and shyly asks,

"Fly? Can I call you... 'Mom'?"

And Fly licks his face, and Babe giggles.

Damn, this movie still yanks at my heartstrings, over a quarter of a century after its release.

I know what you mean. My favorite warm and fuzzy from that movie was when Hogget did that jig to cheer him up. Words can’t do it justice, so I’ll just leave this here:

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Does anyone remember Murphy's Romance with Sally Field and James Garner?  It came out in 1985 and I thought it was a really sweet movie.  There's a scene where Emma, who is new in town, asks business owner, Murphy, for a loan.  She's newly divorced with a teenage son and is trying to start a horse training and boarding business.  The small town banker won't give one to her because she's a woman and what do they know about business and horse training?  Murphy says no and they start snapping at each other, but end the scene ok, neither really angry.  I love that a little later in the movie, not only does Murphy give her son a job, even when he's not hiring at the moment, and that he buys a horse and keeps it at her stables.  He's highly respected in community and that opens the door for more people to trust her with their horses, thus giving her the opportunity to make money and a successful business.

I love Murphy's Romance.

"Stay to supper, Murphy?"

• Love 4

Lady and the the Tramp: Jim Dear and Darling are leaving on their first outing after having the baby, and Lady, mistakenly believing that they are abandoning their baby immediately blocks the door. At first the two are baffled why Lady is behaving this way, until they figure it out and have a nice laugh over Lady being the baby’s fur-mommy before reassuring her that’s not the case.

• Love 7

The climax of Everything Everywhere All At Once when Waymond makes the big speech to be kind and have hope, which inspires Evelyn to fix the multiverse through acts of kindness.

Also, after all the the fears that Gong-Gong will be upset by Joy’s relationship with Becky, he surprises everyone (including the audience) by immediately accepting her, no questions asked!

• Love 5

"I'll be right here." from ET. *sobs* 

The part of the Fox and the Hound, when Copper stands between Todd, and his owner's gun. I was in floods of tears. That's always been my favourite Disney movie, and I prefer stories about close friends, to "true love" ones. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 5

On Golden Pond 

Not so much one moment but when the grandson starts warming up to his grandparents. I recall back in the days before cell phones and other distractions, my mom would drop me off at the grandparents house and I'd be bored to tears.  Just like the grandson in the movie was at first.  But time made think a little more fondly of those days.  So for me that was cool if not realistic to see 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Love 5
On 7/8/2022 at 7:37 AM, Spartan Girl said:

The climax of Everything Everywhere All At Once when Waymond makes the big speech to be kind and have hope, which inspires Evelyn to fix the multiverse through acts of kindness.

CEO Waymond: "In another life, I would have really liked just doing laundry and taxes with you."

• Love 5

The Wedding Singer: You never expect first class passengers to be so nice, but the ones on Robbie’s flight to find Julia, including Billy freaking Idol, immediately wind up emotionally invested in the story. And when they all find out Julia’s on the same plane with Glen, they all jump to help him.

It’s Billy’s “Right!” complete with a “let’s go team” punch in the air that cracks me up and warms my heart at the same time.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

The Wedding Singer: You never expect first class passengers to be so nice, but the ones on Robbie’s flight to find Julia, including Billy freaking Idol, immediately wind up emotionally invested in the story. And when they all find out Julia’s on the same plane with Glen, they all jump to help him.

It’s Billy’s “Right!” complete with a “let’s go team” punch in the air that cracks me up and warms my heart at the same time.

I have an irrational love for that movie -- mostly, I think, because of the awesome 80s pop music.  Although Billy Idol's expression when the woman says, "What's the mile-high club?" is priceless.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

In Gran Torino when Walt warms up to Tao.  As well as Tao gaining more and more confidence in himself.  First time I saw the movie I felt pretty moved 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Like 1

Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure: You gotta love how at the big movie premiere at the end, Pee-Wee brings concession snacks to all the friends he made throughout the movie: Mickey, Simone, the hobos, the bikers…and they’re all genuinely thrilled that he had a part in the movie, even though it was a two-bit cameo with an obviously dubbed voice!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure: You gotta love how at the big movie premiere at the end, Pee-Wee brings concession snacks to all the friends he made throughout the movie: Mickey, Simone, the hobos, the bikers…and they’re all genuinely thrilled that he had a part in the movie, even though it was a two-bit cameo with an obviously dubbed voice!

Pee-Wee did his best to steal the movie in his two-bit cameo.  I keep on seeing that clip, and have to watch him staring down the camera.

• Like 2