Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/06/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I find it laughable that she considers  a ten year old civil case,  decades of rumours,  40 different accusers all with basically the same story, and now court documents where he admits securing sedatives to drug women for sex a "snap judgment."    Good grief.  

This is the thing. I can appreciate not wanting to believe the rumors based merely on accusations. Even multiple accusations that are very similar. It defies disbelief, but "innocent till proven guilty" is fair. I can appreciate that Whoopi didn't want to judge until the facts are out, esp. since she is a public figure whose platform is potentially very large.

But when she suggests that all women who are raped should have a rape kit done, or they have no right to complain or accuse, that's where I am just thoroughly disgusted. She should understand the power dynamics at play that would make women less likely to come forward right away.

And now that the deposition has been released, she needs to stop saying there aren't any facts to make a judgment on. She needs to stop laying blame at the feet of the accusers, and pointing fingers at people who disagree with her.

• Love 17

I haven't watched since RO left but seems like this season has been on for years and hasn't even been one year!

Now that Rosie Perez is leaving (finally someone realized she is just wrong for a talk show), maybe I'll watch a little. 

(edited)

Well, the well-guarded, untouchable Mz Whoopi is all over the news and internet because of her defense of Cosby. I wonder if they'll completely  avoid the subject today.

Yup.

I think she's officially fucking stepped in it, once again.

I can have empathy with her perspective from time to time, but when the deposition comes out and it's in Cosby's own words, it's time to move on in the process from denial.

Of course, "we don't know, we weren't there" but why does Whoopi assume that the man is always in the right?

It's so weird, it's like she's a white male.  She sure is tapped into the idea of patriarchy.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 9

I'm sure the suits at ABC love all the attention Whoopi is getting.  Doesn't matter she is (IMO rightfully) getting raked over the coals.  Any publicity is good publicity.  Every time I think Whoopi can't possibly be any more offensive she proves me wrong.

And for her act like losing an endorsement deal because of her unfunny joke about a sitting President is even in the same ballpark as someone being wrongfully accused she is delusional.  I remember when all that happened and I thought people overreacted but after watching her all these years on the View I have changed my mind.  Whoopi is someone who thinks rules and appropriate behavior doesn't apply to her. For too many years she has coasted by on people knowing her for Sister Act and Comic Relief.  But after seeing her on the View viewers now see her for what she really is.  And it ain't pretty.  She is IMO a selfish obnoxious egotistical blowhard.  Ask two people their opinion of Whoopi, one who watches the View and one who doesn't and I'm sure they would have vastly different answers.

• Love 17

Of course, "we don't know, we weren't there" but why does Whoopi assume that the man is always in the right?

It's so weird, it's like she's a white male.  She sure is tapped into the idea of patriarchy

To put it bluntly I don't think Whoopi likes women.  I don't think I have ever heard of her talking about female friends.  And maybe I'm wrong but it seems like she is only friendly with past male costars. 

• Love 8
(edited)

And for her act like losing an endorsement deal because of her unfunny joke about a sitting President is even in the same ballpark as someone being wrongfully accused she is delusional.  I remember when all that happened and I thought people overreacted but after watching her all these years on the View I have changed my mind. 

Yes-  that is the big thing for me.  She is equating her own "accusation"  of making a vulgar joke about a president with  30+ accusations of drugging an  raping women.  Because she believes she was wrongfully accused, she jumps to the conclusion that Cosby is also being "tried in the press", and should be considered innocent. 

Cosby could potentially face prison, (probably won't)  but she is focused on him losing jobs, money, reputation.  She lost a job selling diet stuff, had trouble getting back in show business, so she is making the comparison.   And that is what is glaring to me.   EVERYONE else is looking at this from the viewpoint of women being coerced, tricked, humiliated, into sex.  Whoopi is looking at it from the point of view of a STAR losing his reputation.  She sympathizes with him, because his "star power"  is in the toilet.  she is so narcissistic, so self-involved, she can't take a step back and see that there is no basis for comparison here, at all. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 23

Cosby could potentially face prison, (probably won't)  but she is focused on him losing jobs, money, reputation.  She lost a job selling diet stuff, had trouble getting back in show business, so she is making the comparison. 

Seems to me that's always her excuse for anyone that she defends in a ridiculous way.  Has she ever gone this far out on a limb for a female stah that was in trouble?  I can't recall an example of it.

• Love 9

The thing is Whoopi wasn't wrongfully accused. She did make the joke she was fired for.  But she seems to always overlook that fact.

Has she ever gone this far out on a limb for a female stah that was in trouble

Not that I can recall.  IMO Whoopi views other women as competition.  Her interaction with Rosie O would seem to prove that.

• Love 15

Sorry but LMAO! It's like she died. And it was funny that Rosie called Whoopi the captain of the ship. Yeah, the captain of a ship that can't keep their crew while moderating the worst panel(s) ever. They are still going on! Someone play the music to shut Rosie up. Good grief.

• Love 10
(edited)

Going on 10 minutes now .... yoinks ...... her goodbye is just as looong and drawn out as anything else that has come out of her mouth ... 

And Whoopi is The Queen and The Captain of this Ship.  YEP.  That she is, Rosie, that she is.  BOW.  Even on your way out.  Bow and Kiss that ass.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 11

LOL, Awesome Fisher King!!   I am a big crier.  Like huge.  And if I see someone else doing it, I start to cry, too.  But that nonsense?  OMG.  I am laughing.  Laughing & laughing.  And I even have PMS and raging hormones today.  Last night I was crying over a dog food commercial.  Full out sobbing.  But this?  Laughing.

• Love 9

Whoopi just double down on her defense of Cosby.... Now he is comparing his raping of 40+ women to the Duke Lacrosse case .... Cosby isnt in jail so obviously he is innocent.

Quote.... The American justice system agrees with me because he has not been taking to court.....

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm really not following the Cosby thing, but it's hard to avoid.  A friend just retweeted something that seems to speak directly to Whoopi's defense of Bill and his actions:

Marc Lamont Hill:  Rape culture = NEEDING Cosby to admit he's guilty before we believe it.  If that's the standard, almost no one would be guilty of rape.

Here we have someone who refuses to believe Cosby's guilty even after he admits it. Someone who doesn't think Roman Polanski was guilty of "rape rape."  Whoopi is the ultimate misogynist.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 18

And here we go with more of Whoopi being a complete ass about Cosby. And no, Whoopi, I WILL NOT get off of you. That is my right to write and complain about your sorry excuses for a rapist. She is a detriment to woman and a total moron.

• Love 16

There is loads of positive criticism on this forum... we should really start a campaign so share our views on The View Facebook page and Whoopi's page (If she has one) Just to let her know that even though she doesnt care.... the rest of us do

I dont understand why anyone would want to associate themselves with an admitted rapist.... and continue to defend him.... it is a shame that NOW hasnt spoken out against her "opinion"

• Love 6
(edited)

Perez gone.....now, if we can just get rid of whiny, nasally Nicole....who am I kidding? This show sucks and should be gone. Between the rude arguing and yelling on top of each other and Whoopi defending a rapist, it's utter rubbish.

Edited by dinkysquid
  • Love 4
(edited)

LOL, Awesome Fisher King!!   I am a big crier.  Like huge.  And if I see someone else doing it, I start to cry, too.  But that nonsense?  OMG.  I am laughing.  Laughing & laughing.  And I even have PMS and raging hormones today.  Last night I was crying over a dog food commercial.  Full out sobbing.  But this?  Laughing.

I swear, when they walked out and Rosie was tearing up, then the hugging, I got a little misty-eyed THEN it went all nutso and funeral-like. I couldn't help but start laughing too.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 4
(edited)

I swear, when they walked out and Rosie was tearing up, then the hugging, I got a little misty-eyed THEN it went all nutso and funeral-like. I couldn't help but start laughing too.

And Whoopi had that one big, fat dread hanging in her face the entire time.  The Captain of the Ship alright.  hee.

Omg………what the HELL was that hot mess off the top of the show?  You're simply leaving a short-term job.  WTF?

And they literally had to go to commercial to shut her up!  LOL. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 7

I'm just sick about Whoopi. Maybe if there was a boycott of this show as long as a rapist apologizer is moderating, it would get tptb's attention. She doesn't care, maybe they will.

I agree completely... where is NOW... The National Organization for Women??

It would seem they would have an opinion of a woman defending a rapists.... or maybe that is why they are silent... because they wont criticize a woman

• Love 2
(edited)

Exactly.  I've actually given two eulogies in my life that didn't display that kind of carrying-on.  Not to say the speeches were cold-blooded, just nice/sweet/poignant.  No freaky dramatics, lol.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 1

Man, I wish I had recorded the show today cuz I could get some really good screen-captures of Nicolle's mascara and Whoopi pretending like she was crying. PLUS I could post Whoopi looking all maniacal and cray-cray on their Facebook page.

Exactly.  I've actually given two eulogies in my life that didn't display that kind of carrying-on.  Not to say the speeches were cold-blooded, just nice/sweet/poignant.  No freaky dramatics, lol.

Ha. There are respectful eulogies and then there are the casket-jumpers. I actually witnessed one of those before.

• Love 5
(edited)

Man, I wish I had recorded the show today cuz I could get some really good screen-captures of Nicolle's mascara and Whoopi pretending like she was crying. PLUS I could post Whoopi looking all maniacal and cray-cray on their Facebook page.

Ha. There are respectful eulogies and then there are the casket-jumpers. I actually witnessed one of those before.

I know people say this all the time, but reading the words "casket jumpers." literally made me laugh-out-loud.  Like LOUD, not just a typical little laugh or smirk.  Casket Jumpers…that's fantastic.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 4

Nothing new that Rosie Perez was all wrong for this show.

Just not talk show material because it was impossible to understand her. We didn't hate her like Bitsy but Rosie didn't cut it.

• Love 5

Whoopi is just disgusting and her arrogance will be her downfall..Whatever happen to silence is golden, she did not have to participate in the Cosby discussion. Her ego would not allow her to do that..Now she has to deal with the fallout of her staunch defense of a serial rapist....Deal with it Whoops, that is the consequence of free speech...You are not God almighty, we are allowed to vociferate our displeasure, when we don't agree with your view...

• Love 13

Nothing new that Rosie Perez was all wrong for this show.

Just not talk show material because it was impossible to understand her. We didn't hate her like Bitsy but Rosie didn't cut it.

It is really a shame that the PTB can see Rosie was bad for the show but they seem to be ignorant on how bad Whoopi is

• Love 9

It's a shame that vicious internet trolls have to dilute the message that Whoopi is getting to the extent that she thinks she can just roll all opposition to her "View" into one homogeneous ball of hate, because I'm pretty sure that's not the case as illustrated in our group.

Whoopster, you should really wake up and smell the weed, because folks really take issue with this bullshit you spew.

• Love 16

I just saw on the local news that Disney is removing a bust of Cosby from their theme park...... I wonder if it will make a difference that Whoopi's boss believes Cosby is guilty

Wouldnt it be delicious if Whoopi took a stand against her boss and they didnt cave

• Love 7

I just saw on the local news that Disney is removing a bust of Cosby from their theme park...... I wonder if it will make a difference that Whoopi's boss believes Cosby is guilty

Wouldnt it be delicious if Whoopi took a stand against her boss and they didnt cave

Thought that was interesting.  She publicly defends him, and the next day Disney quietly deletes him.  Wonder what she thought about that.

• Love 8

Whoopi just double down on her defense of Cosby.... Now he is comparing his raping of 40+ women to the Duke Lacrosse case .... Cosby isnt in jail so obviously he is innocent.

Quote.... The American justice system agrees with me because he has not been taking to court.....

Right ... because the justice system never got anything wrong. I wonder how she feels about Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and their unconvicted--in two cases, unindicted!--killers?

• Love 10