Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/06/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I was a Cosby fan when his comedy stuff was on albums.  I remember listening to "Noah" so many times I could almost recite it.   I don't think it would hold up today.  But at the time it was a bit scandalous, a comedy routine based on a conversation between Noah and God.  It was unique and funny.   But now -  I can't stand to look at his face, or hear his voice.

• Love 2
(edited)

I too was a real Cosby fan dating back to his early albums (that I could recite)  and his Eye Spy days. I saw him in concert during that time, even caught him back stage and got his autograph.

I am repulsed by him and Whoopi for twisting the truth always in defense of some celebrity whether its rape, racist rants (Mel Gibson)or a young woman getting her face pulverized (Chris Brown) or knocked out and drug like a rag out of a elevator. She defended Michael Jackson on and on. Despicable.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4

Cosby defenders, table for two!

Bill Cosby’s wife says accusers ‘consented’ to drugs and sex

If this is Camille Cosby's view of what's going on (it's a "close friends say" type of article), I can understand her support, although it makes me sad. I will never understand or respect Whoopi's support of someone who says he drugged women to have sex with them. Such disrespect to women, and to a healthy view of sex.

IIRC, one of the accusers said that when she was drugged and raped that it happened in Cosby's home and that Camille was there before it happened. She said that Camille excused herself and went upstairs right before the drugging and assault happened. So there's that...

• Love 5

Regarding Whoopi's dental "journey." I can't think of the name of it at the moment but there is actually some sort of phobia or anxiety disorder regarding the aversion of brushing one's teeth. And it can be genetic and found in several generations of families. I remember reading about it a long time ago.

But there is a difference between telling others and keeping it a secret because you are embarrassed. I don't remember Whoopi even acting embarrassed about not taking care of her teeth.

• Love 1

IIRC, one of the accusers said that when she was drugged and raped that it happened in Cosby's home and that Camille was there before it happened. She said that Camille excused herself and went upstairs right before the drugging and assault happened. So there's that...

What?!?  I had not heard this.  Well, that truly confirms what i said earlier, Camille is a witness.  So, Cosby's wife has confessed out loud that he was drugging and raping, but dumbass Whoopi Goldberg is screaming into cameras that he's an innocent lamb because he's not in jail.  Right.

• Love 4

What?!?  I had not heard this.  Well, that truly confirms what i said earlier, Camille is a witness.  So, Cosby's wife has confessed out loud that he was drugging and raping, but dumbass Whoopi Goldberg is screaming into cameras that he's an innocent lamb because he's not in jail.  Right.

The way I remember the story after hearing her tell it on one of the news shows was that Camille was there and suddenly she disappeared. This happened right before the woman was drugged and then assaulted.

• Love 1
(edited)

Regarding Whoopi's dental "journey." I can't think of the name of it at the moment but there is actually some sort of phobia or anxiety disorder regarding the aversion of brushing one's teeth. And it can be genetic and found in several generations of families. I remember reading about it a long time ago.

But there is a difference between telling others and keeping it a secret because you are embarrassed. I don't remember Whoopi even acting embarrassed about not taking care of her teeth.

Yes, I hate to come to Whoopi's defense ever anymore, but children/people with Sensory Integration Disorders can have an aversion to brushing their teeth because they can't bare the sensory feeling of it.  And I actually wouldn't be surprised to learn that Whoopi has some of that going on given the way she chooses to dress, caftan style.  These are the kids that hate binding waist bands, tags and socks that aren't just right.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

OK, I checked to see if I could find the person who said that Cosby's wife disappeared. It was Carla Ferrigno, wife of “The Incredible Hulk” star Lou Ferrigno. She was invited on a double date along with Cosby and his wife. As the evening progressed, the man suddenly left and the wife disappeared; leaving Carla alone with Cosby. She said that it all felt "planned" as if both her date and Camille were in on leaving her suddenly alone.

Watching Wendy Williams and she was talking about The a View. She said, that Whoppi doesn't want to be there and the network is forcing her to stick to the contract. Why did I always think she loved the gravy train and wanted to stay (but still looking miserable) until the bitter end? I didn't know it was the network playing hardball? Jeez! Are they out of there mind? Can her!!!

• Love 4

Watching Wendy Williams and she was talking about The a View. She said, that Whoppi doesn't want to be there and the network is forcing her to stick to the contract. Why did I always think she loved the gravy train and wanted to stay (but still looking miserable) until the bitter end? I didn't know it was the network playing hardball? Jeez! Are they out of there mind? Can her!!!

I think they made a fatal mistake by keeping Whoopi and letting Rosie O. go.  If they had bought out Whoopi's contract, I think Rosie O. would have stayed as moderator.  That was my dream anyway.  The thought of Sherri makes my head hurt.  

• Love 5
(edited)

This was reported last September too.   Whoopi has a contract where she gets paid whether she works or not - so of course Whoopi would rather skip the show and cash the checks.  This show is way too cheap to pay a reported $5 million for nothing - although I agree they should have done just that.  RO would still be here and Whoopi would be somewhere else.  I thought that maybe the show was getting ready to can her in January but with RO deciding to leave they kept Whoopi.  

Edited by Cosmocrush

This was reported last September too.   Whoopi has a contract where she gets paid whether she works or not - so of course Whoopi would rather skip the show and cash the checks.  This show is way too cheap to pay a reported $5 million for nothing - although I agree they should have done just that.  RO would still be here and Whoopi would be somewhere else.  I thought that maybe the show was getting ready to can her in January but with RO deciding to leave they kept Whoopi.  

This post is too good not to be on this week's thread!!!  (07/13/15)

• Love 1

That gossip has been circulating for a loooooong time off and on since right after she signed her current 4 year contract. More recently, her View contract also interfered with that sitcom pilot for ABC that she was supposed to do earlier this year. First she was in, then ABC forced her out, then she was back in and then ABC passed and killed the show altogether.

It's hard not to at least wonder if some of her particularly bad behavior this year is bitterness and an effort to get herself fired so they have to pay her out. Presumably, they *could* work out a deal where she could leave without getting sued if she would give up that last $5 million for the last year of her contract if she really wanted out that badly. Hard not to at least wonder if maybe it hasn't devolved into a battle of wills at this point between her and ABC where she won't leave the money on the table and they won't let her out unless she does.

• Love 2

Popping in to say that annoyed me, too. She, of course, failed to mention that following the Civil Rights Act being passed, the Democratic South promptly turned Republican because of the new Law. Along with the Confederate Flag being put up.

Also, I predict Raven will punch Candace one day.

It sure looked like it was RIGHT there! 

• Love 1