"The View": Week of 07/06/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 7/6: Kelly Rutherford, Dan Abrams, Charlie Wilson
Tu 7/7: Penn & Teller, MKTO
We 7/8: Andie MacDowell, Jazz & Jeanette Jennings, the Flamingos
Th 7/9: Chris Tucker, Tori Kelly
Fr 7/10: Tyrese performs, Paul Mason

Did Whoopi just reveal that Rosie and Nicolle may not return in the fall? She said that Raven is "in" on the show but that two people on the panel are questionable. She added she had just tapped the elephant in the room on the shoulder.

I know this has been speculated in the media thread.

(edited)

Raven's hair certainly looks better to me than that godawful purple wig she wore, but I just wanna take a pair of scissors to it so I can see her other eye.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 1
(edited)

Did they completely skip over the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling? I guess I missed it.

They probably chose to not speak about it, to not offend the sensibilities of Ms Cameron-Bure. Perhaps, I am being unfair and presumptuous by saying this, I think she is nuts just like her brother Kirk Cameron. She just knows how to mask it better....You are the company that you keep....I detest that homophobic loon with the heat of a thousand sun..

Misty Copeland is divine, What a treasure! I am so happy for her....She was too good for this show....I would have loved to  have seen Rosie O'Donnell interview her....

Nicole better be careful in how to treats Raven, Raven can push back, if need be....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Please tell me that I did not hear Raven say that her Kelly Osbourne dress is "snatch-ready"? Is that a term that a classy woman would use? I wish so mcuh that they had not brought her on as the "young one" (Regis's term)...

I'm sure that's what she said but I assumed it had a different meaning than my own interpretation???  LOL.

• Love 2

That's what I heard too and was surprised it got past the censors.

Misty C is such a lovely woman. She guest judged on So You Think You Can Dance a couple times and gave meaningful critiques to the dancers, and seems like a genuinely nice person. I'm thrilled for her that she's been named a primary ballerina.

• Love 3
Nicole makes me mad. She was so rude to raven. I wonder if its a case of 'doesn't think before she speaks' or a case of mean-girl-itis.

A little of both?  Just because NICOLLE isn't asked for many autographs doesn't mean that Raven isn't.   Extremely rude...and ig-nernt.

I was assured when Nicolle informed me "as the resident Republican" that her family didn't break any laws by buying/using legal fireworks in Connecticut.  I assume that means all other parties participate only in illegal activities on July 4th.

• Love 4

They couldn't mention 2 historic Supreme Court decisions but Nicolle was able to squeeze in her Chris Christie interview. Whoopi did counter Nicolle about him and Jersey, but it's all about her taxes.

• Love 6

I know it was mean, but I laughed really hard when Nicholle burned Raven about the autograph thing. And, "I watched the World Cup on Instagram"?? What does that even mean, Raven???

• Love 4

I'm sure that's what she said but I assumed it had a different meaning than my own interpretation???  LOL.

Gets your minds out of the gutter people!  LOL.

Snatched is gay slang for fierce, fantastic, beautiful.  I may have seen RuPaul's Drag Race once.  The same way as if someone says your face is "beat."  That means your makeup  is good.

Whoopi hinted that her and Nicolle's positions were  in jeopardy.  We know she read the article. (Wonky).  And the article said she and Raven would be back.  But that is really shitty of The View to always leak those stories.  

Did anyone mention why Rosie was not there?

I heard Nicolle say that she went vegan after that show the guy way on.  I did too.  I hadn't planned on it and wasn't all that impressed with the guy, but I purchased his book and just did it.  I believe that dairy is not my friend because I feel better without it.  Never was a big meat eater.

• Love 6

Snatched is gay slang for fierce, fantastic, beautiful.  I may have seen RuPaul's Drag Race once.  The same way as if someone says your face is "beat."  That means your makeup  is good.

Thanks for cluing us in on what Raven said, Morgalisa.  For the benefit of us old-timers, it really helps that someone here speaks whippersnapper.

• Love 14
(edited)

I was assured when Nicolle informed me "as the resident Republican" that her family didn't break any laws by buying/using legal fireworks in Connecticut.  I assume that means all other parties participate only in illegal activities on July 4th.

Hahaha!  Yep.  That was dumb. 

I know it was mean, but I laughed really hard when Nicholle burned Raven about the autograph thing. And, "I watched the World Cup on Instagram"?? What does that even mean, Raven???

I laughed too - especially at the look Raven gave her in response.  Her hand gets cramped from autographs?  Seriously, wasn't Raven pretty much retired until she came out on social media a few years ago? 

I will say I liked her outfit today - she usually  looks put together but sometimes I think she must weigh 300 lbs with all the flow-ey outfits.   Today she looked great.  I like the real hair better than the bargain bin wig too. 

Misty Copeland is divine, What a treasure! I am so happy for her....She was too good for this show....I would have loved to  have seen Rosie O'Donnell interview her....

I caught Copeland on the CBS Morning Show today (try it if you are looking for real stories without the GMA flash in the am)  and was disappointed she was also on this show - noticed Nicolle studying her blue cards while Misty was answering another question.   I'm sure she doesn't have much say in appearances and I'm equally sure she never watches this mess.   I read her book (a gift for my teenage niece) and she's got a great story. 

Whoopi seems more obnoxious than ever. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5
(edited)

You know like all the political polls have been proven to be crazily inaccurate? They don't factor in people not using landlines anymore or refusing to answer unknown callers? That's why I think Whoopi's q ratings are so skewed. No way in hell the majority of viewers think Whoopi is a good host/moderator. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 12
(edited)

Well, I just watched after all the latest news....sigh

So Whoopi gets to dance. Man, is she ever proud of herself these days! Frankly looks awful too.

Since I've thought for years TPTB just don't understand what viewers want, they can't make any decisions. Even BW and BG. They brought in Jenny for fluff and then fired her for it. Then left....now they are going for fluff again - and in an election year?

Can't believe they haven't had on or discussed Astronaut Wives on the show....I really like that new show. And on ABC to boot.

So Raven is the only safe one? And 6-8 possible revolving fill-in co-hosts? Do they not realize many are sick of it after years and years?

I need to face the fact that this will never be a thought provoking show again now that Meredith, Lisa, Joy, Star and Rosie O are gone and we're left with this batch and before Sherri and Jenny.

Sorry....just had to vent a little.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 11
(edited)

Did anyone mention why Rosie was not there?

Not that I heard. 

They couldn't mention 2 historic Supreme Court decisions but Nicolle was able to squeeze in her Chris Christie interview. Whoopi did counter Nicolle about him and Jersey, but it's all about her taxes.

It did make me chuckle that although everyone at the table is on the East Coast, not one of them bothered to watch their bff co-host Nicolle on Morning Joe.  And once again I've got hand the looks good on camera award to Nicolle: she had completely different hair (straight) and clothes on MJ which means she took the time to get ready for a show twice.  Now, if only she would read something (like the notes on Misty Copeland) while getting her hair done. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

You know like all the political polls have been proven to be crazily inaccurate? They don't factor in people not using landlines anymore or refusing to answer unknown callers? That's where I think Whoopi's q ratings are so skewed. No way in hell the majority of viewers think Whoopi is a good host/moderator. 

well, it depends on who you poll.    If you ask people who DON'T watch the show, they might very well say that they watch every day and that WHoopi is great.  Have you ever seen when Jimmy Kimmel asks people their opinions of political events that didn't happen, movies that have not been made,  or TV shows that never existed>  People on the street will RAVE about how much they loved something - that Kimmel totally made up.  

• Love 12

How did Whoppi originally defend Bill Cosby? Did she say it wasn't rape rape? I'm sure she said the woman deserved it. I think Raven sort of supported him which I understand since she knew him when she was 3 but I'm curious to hear what she has to say now. I know Rosie O was squarely with the accusers/victims.

I saw a clip today where Nicole asked out loud if Raven was really that famous for autographs & selfies. Pretty funny and little Raven wasn't too happy about it. Hysterical!!

• Love 4
(edited)

How did Whoppi originally defend Bill Cosby? Did she say it wasn't rape rape? I'm sure she said the woman deserved it. I think Raven sort of supported him which I understand since she knew him when she was 3 but I'm curious to hear what she has to say now. I know Rosie O was squarely with the accusers/victims.

The, "it wasn't rape-rape" defense was something Whoopi said years ago in defending Roman Polanski.   If I remember correctly, (and I may not be since it's been at least six months since they talked about it) her defense of Cosby was more like, "We don't know, we weren't there... stay tuned we'll keep you updated"  while RO pointed out that dozens of women, many in their 60s and older, all had the same story and were not looking for any kind of infamous fame in their accusations.   I think Whoopi is loath to consider that any fellow one-percenter-celebrity could commit a criminal act, or even just do anything repulsive. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

Raven was very popular about ten years ago. Cheeta Girls were huge. My granddaughter had all the tacky merch. I'm sure she had to sign lots of autograph. I think that was just Nicolle's passive agressive way of crawling further up Whoopi's butt.

• Love 4

Actually, I think Nicole was being honest in not knowing. Apparently, she doesn't know anything pop culture. Let alone about Ravens Disney show. I think she said it out loud when she didn't even think about it.

@Cosmocrush, I remember the Polansky rape rape comment and her other variations such "we weren't there....we don't know....if a girl hits a guy she should expect it back"....among others. That said, I am curious what her latest take will be and how she phrases it.

• Love 4
(edited)
@Cosmocrush, I remember the Polansky rape rape comment and her other variations such "we weren't there....we don't know....if a girl hits a guy she should expect it back"....among others. That said, I am curious what her latest take will be and how she phrases it.

Same here and Raven too although I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to talk about it.

I think she said it out loud when she didn't even think about it.

Ha!  And that's the Nicolle I enjoy.    Not the   Whoopi fangirl or  the representative for all the law abiding Republican families with homes in Connecticut, lol. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Actually, I think Nicole was being honest in not knowing. Apparently, she doesn't know anything pop culture. Let alone about Ravens Disney show. I think she said it out loud when she didn't even think about it.

If I remember correctly, The Whoopster challenged one of Cosby's accusers to come on the show to defend her accusation.  (FU Whoopi!!!)

• Love 9

If I remember correctly, The Whoopster challenged one of Cosby's accusers to come on the show to defend her accusation.  (FU Whoopi!!!)

OH, you're right MedicineCrow!  Now that you mention it I remember that too.   A WTF moment indeed. 

• Love 3

I seem to remember Beverly Johnson coming on the show and talking about her run in with Cosby. IFRC Whoopi kept questioning her and really not believing her.

• Love 12
(edited)

I need to face the fact that this will never be a thought provoking show again now that Meredith, Lisa, Joy, Star and Rosie O are gone and we're left with this batch and before Sherri and Jenny.Sorry....just had to vent a little.

SPOT ON! I feel the same. What distinguished this show from other talk shows is that it wasn't all mindless chatter about mildly interesting issues, pop culture and pseudo celebrities like reality show people. That distinction has pretty much gone away these past few years, so it is like other day time talk shows and it has lost viewers, like me, that appreciated informed, thought provoking discussion on more substantial issues. I had hopes it would have shifted to more news worthy stuff with the hiring of Rachel Maddow's former staffer - and there were glimpses of the possibility when Rosie O was back in the show - but currently it is a carbon copy of other female talk shows. Sigh . . .

I now only tape The Chew from day time TV and, while I still admittedly fast forward through parts, enjoy the cohosts genuine interactions, discussions, and have gotten some great recipes which my family appreciate!

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 1

Michelle (the cohost formerly known as Bangs) and that Cameron woman at least tried to give an opposing opinion, then UP comes Whoopi's voice. I swear it  looked like she was about to sprout horns.

Don't tweet your nasty comments, cuz I don't care!

Yeah, we know.

• Love 9
(edited)

So far Whoopi is 0 and 1.  I'm glad she went there with Candace on abortion, and we knew how she'd be about Cosby.  I'm watching this crap y'all, what's wrong with me?

eta: Is Candace in the running for a rotating co-host position?  I freaking hate her with the burning passion of 10,000 suns.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

LOL! I'm suffering from the same illness, Next! I'm glad that Hot (for a change) Topics is over. My blood pressure's thru the roof.

Candice Cameron Bure is the new Elizabeth.  They should hire her.  I'm here for the tomfoolery.  

Gah, she really is the new Elisabeth. Talks and looks like her.

So, is Rosie already gone? Has her absence for the last 2 days even been mentioned? If Candace becomes permanent, along with Raven, someone might get hurt.

LOL. We can only hope for a brawl to liven this show up. I don't know but I have a feeling we won't  see Rosie back on the show.

• Love 4

SPOT ON! I feel the same. What distinguished this show from other talk shows is that it wasn't all mindless chatter about mildly interesting issues, pop culture and pseudo celebrities like reality show people. That distinction has pretty much gone away these past few years, so it is like other day time talk shows and it has lost viewers, like me, that appreciated informed, thought provoking discussion on more substantial issues. I had hopes it would have shifted to more news worthy stuff with the hiring of Rachel Maddow's former staffer - and there were glimpses of the possibility when Rosie O was back in the show - but currently it is a carbon copy of other female talk shows. Sigh . . .

I now only tape The Chew from day time TV and, while I still admittedly fast forward through parts, enjoy the cohosts genuine interactions, discussions, and have gotten some great recipes which my family appreciate!

The other two talks shows I watch, The Talk & The Social, is nothing like The View.  The moderators have respect for the other hosts' opinions, do not cut them off mid-sentence & everyone gives the other ladies a chance to speak.

This morning, The Whoopster attacked the Bure woman for her opinion & blamed her (religion) for trying to control whether or not women had access to abortion.  That was not what she was talking about & The Whoopster was just throwing her weight around, AGAIN!!!

I noticed that The Whoopster didn't have much to say about The Donald (because she's afraid of him & being on the receiving end of one of his diatribes).

What happened?  I turned it on just as Candace and Raven where fake-peace-making (or whatever).  

Candace didn't agree with Raven's opinion & Raven turned her back on her & pitooed her.  (Candace said "don't shush me"!)

Candice Cameron Bure is the new Elizabeth.  They should hire her.  I'm here for the tomfoolery.  

Although I don't like Candace, she cannot be compared to dumb as a bag of hair Hasselblech.  Candace is smart & talented!!  Hasselblech?  Not so much!!!

• Love 4

eta: Is Candace in the running for a rotating co-host position?  I freaking hate her with the burning passion of 10,000 suns.

Don't know if she could manage to do that, since she's starring in the Continuation, (it's NOT a reboot) of Full House, called Fuller House, I think, which is premiering on NetFlix.

The view was actually enjoyable today with  Candace vs. Raven..It was great....Both ladies would not back down and held on to their respective opinions..The down side of course was the Whoopster..She has become very ornery and loathsome.. She is an awful moderator, and needs to get off the show. Her constant need to control the conversation is annoying and I wish that they would reign her in.. She is incapable of respecting other people's opinion that differs from hers...

• Love 9

So Cosby fessed up and Whoopi is still questioning the dozens of women who went public? She still is implying Cosby is a victim by comparing her situation to his. It's not the same thing!!

Dear Cameron, when a business owner takes out a business license he/she is agreeing to abide by that state's laws. The owner cannot deny service to anyone due to a religious objection. I'm sorry (tm Whoopi) but freedom of religion does not apply.

• Love 13

Well, OK MedicineCrow. I will admit that I tried watching other day time talk shows a couple years back and not recently so I may be wrong on the content and respect for others's views. My recollection was that when I watched the chat content was very fluffy and no substantive (especially The Talk) and I din 't warm up to any of the hosts. Especially not Osborne or Underwood. Meredith Vs show was OK for a while and did I like how she interviews people. And while The View has turned into Whoppie pontification and lectures while those others may be more egalitarian in letting people speak, I really didn't care for the content discussed on other shows and they didn't have the gravitas of early The View shows.

• Love 4

So Cosby fessed up and Whoopi is still questioning the dozens of women who went public? She still is implying Cosby is a victim by comparing her situation to his. It's not the same thing!!

What is the Whoops situation?

(edited)

She has vehemently defended Cosby against those allegations and it was that staunch defense that led to her feuding with Rosie on and off the show .  Whoopie always defends celebrities who are accused of doing the indefensible...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

What is the Whoops situation?

She was talking about how rumors kept her from working at some time in the past. I'm not sure if she was referring to when her Bush jokes got her in trouble or if she meant some other time, but she definitely felt she was being persecuted without cause, and was equating Cosby to herself.

• Love 4