Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/06/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Roseanne Barr was another one who mentioned that scum was known for questionable behavior. If I am not mistaken, she said she might get in trouble for speaking the truth. She said people in Hollywood such as waiters and waitresses to the biggest people in Hollywood, knew he was up to no good. I believe her. There were other comedians who mentioned there was talk in the comedy circuit about Cosby. The thing is, it is not just Cosby. For sure there have been other people in Hollywood who have committed rapes.

Someone upthread mentioned big names in Hollywood might have been victims of Cosby. Very true. One of those victims was a former Hollywood executive named Cindra Ladd. She is married to another big time Hollywood producer, Alan Ladd Jr. who won an Academy Award for the move Braveheart. 

For Whoopi to not know any of this, while other comedians are talking about it, it makes her just as big a liar as Cosby. Her comment about "everyone taking qualuudes", as if to justify Cosby for having possession of those drugs, just makes her black ass more ignorant because it is not him being in possession of drugs that people are up in arms about. It is the fact he used those drugs in order to rape women.

Yes, thanks, I think it was Roseanne I was thinking about.  And IIRC even Rosie O had heard these stories.  It seems like it was a well known occurrence, but apparently Whoopi, Captain of the Ship, had no idea.  Or she is just okay with it because it wasn't rape rape.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm late to the party but I have enjoyed all the snark you all brought today.   Rosie's sobbing goodbye cracked me up.  And just when I thought she was done she started up again!   But my favorite part was after all that, the lengthy speech, eulogy, monologue, etc.at the very end of the show she clarified that she would be back tomorrow, not leaving for a few more weeks.  Hahahahaha!   How embarrassing.   And seriously, who cares?  Sorry Rosie P.  but honestly there have been co-hosts working on this show longer than you. 

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a talk show host yell at an audience the way Whoopi talked to us.   I've never heard of a performer who thought it was okay to talk to their audience that way either.   I don't care what kind of garbage she's been reading, that was completely unacceptable.  

Yes, Whoopi can think whatever she thinks.  She can even say whatever she likes.  BUT, she has be willing to live with the consequences.  I am really hoping that this time, there will be some real consequences for her stand - financial consequences.   Corporate America generally doesn't play with that kind of bullshit, ask Donald Trump.  Or her buddy Mel Gibson; remember how she defended him, yelling that He. Is. Not. A. Bigot. after the tape of his drunken anti-Semitic rant came out?  How about Gilbert Gottfried who lost his AFLAC gig over insensitive tweets.  Didn't Tiger Woods lose most of his endorsement deals after his infidelity scandal?   Small potatoes compared to this, in my opinion.

I thought it was ironic they made a Hot Topic out of Paula Deen without mentioning the consequences that came her way for saying something the public deemed unacceptable.   In fact, lame duck Rosie P basically threatened Deen in the name of the entire Latino community.   I too thought of the Whoopi/ Ted Danson incident all those years ago. 

It's almost as if Whoopi is deliberately pissing people off so that TPTB will have no choice but to let her go.  If that happens would Whoopi be entitled to a huge payout? Assuming that's the case, that would be Whoopi's dream deal - get paid lots of money for doing absolutely nothing. Seems like there's someone who posts here who is familiar with the contracts the hosts sign. My opinion -  she should be fired for cause without any big bucks coming her way. 

I wouldn't doubt that she has that "Pay or Play" clause in her contract.  

I remember reading here (or maybe even TWoP) that Whoopi does have a Pay or Play contract as the reason she remained after they tried to clean house last year.  It's something like $5 million dollars and any long time viewer knows this show is nothing if not cheap - no way they would pay her without working. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

Cosmo, I watched the show late, haven't even finished the whole thing, and came here to post almost exactly what you said.  Rosie's tearful speech sounded like she was telling us she only had 3 months to live.  She's been a non-entity on this show anyway, she contributes so very little.  She's nice enough, I don't dislike her, but this is not the right show for her.

Whoopi can yell about anything, and if she expresses enough indignation, includes a little "damn"  and "Hell", and then throws in a boob joke, the audience cheers and claps.  So she thinks they agree with her.    Her tantrum today was out of line, and I thought she made herself look worse.  Yeah, I have sons, Whoopi.  Adult sons.  And if 40 women came forward separately and said that my son drugged and raped them,  I might not WANT to believe them, but I would.  And I'd take a serious look at myself to figure out what I had missed.

You don't speak for me Whoopi.   And don't tell me to back off -  Take a little time to enjoy MY view!

• Love 24
(edited)

If nothing else, this Whoopi/Cosby mess is showcasing what has annoyed so man VIEWers here for so long--her refusal to acknowledge any other opinion as valid, yelling and screaming at the audience, not allowing a conversation to flow (ie moderate), always having to have the last word, and a general disdain for the audience/any other points of view. 

It's very loyal of her to stick up to a friend but to shut down any other opinions is ridiculous for a show about others views.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 13

Eire just made my favorite post

funeral potatoes  lol

Man, I wish I had recorded the show today cuz I could get some really good screen-captures of Nicolle's mascara and Whoopi pretending like she was crying. PLUS I could post Whoopi looking all maniacal and cray-cray on their Facebook page.

Ha. There are respectful eulogies and then there are the casket-jumpers. I actually witnessed one of those before.

Funeral potatoes; the official carb of casket jumpers!

• Love 9

When Whoopi made the comment about "the 80's"   I thought that perhaps, she had, in the 80's, partied too hard, taken some quaaludes, and not been too sure who she had sex with.  Maybe her view is that everyone was taking all kinds of drugs and hooking up with whomever, so what's the big deal?  

(I mean, after all it's not rape-rape).  

This, and really quaaludes were more of a 70s thing, and often used to come off cocaine.  I think we know that Whoopi partied a lot and was probably promiscuous, maybe that's why she struggles with the concept of non-consensual sex, having had experience with it?  It's hard to give proper consent when you are wasted, which is the whole damn point with Cosby.  

Good- somebody with a spine needs to stand up to her and this bullshit. If a fucking confession isn't enough evidence, what is? I'm inclined to agree with you guys that it might have nothing to do with Cosby and everything to with her and her own possibly shady experiences in the past or something. Because at this point it's a joke.

I sure hope that he shows up and isn't cancelled and that Whoopi shows up as well.  This story isn't going anywhere soon.

• Love 8

I read an article last night by an African American man who said he supported Cosby because of so many cases of white women falsely claiming they were raped by African American men in the past.

He then noted that cases of false claims were only about 5% of cases.

He finally came around, like Jill Scott, because of the deposition. So there may be a racial aspect to Whoopi's position. Has there ever been a racial breakdown to the victims? Except for Beverly Johnson, I remember most of the ones who have gone public have been white, young, and, in their younger years, conventionally pretty. That may be a factor for Whoopi's disdain.

However as a woman, I can't understand why she wouldn't have been horrified as the number of cases started to add up.

• Love 4

Oh Good lord..... San Francisco CAN NOT deport anyone..... What happened is ICE wanted San Francisco to hold him without a warrant..... if ICE would have filed a warrant for him... the feds would have taken custody of him...... all ICE gave was a request to hold him.... which is not legal

• Love 4

Nichole was trying to make the Rebel Flag a partisan issue.... by her snide comment ...... A Democrat put that flag up there

Yes Nichole that may be true..... shame you didnt have actual information for it though..... but even if that is true.... it is not a partisan issue

It is not a heritage issue either.... The Rebel Flag was put up as a protest move against the Civil Rights Laws... which Whoopi mentioned.

• Love 4

It's heartbreaking.  They have no voice.

Why is this story about Prince Andrew and Epstein getting no coverage in the MSM?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/friends-prince-andrews-paedophile-pal-6030730

Probably because it isnt an American issue

Our Corporate media will protect those who give them ratings.... a negative story about the Royal Family do not make big ratings and could damage the Royal Family brand that does cause high ratings

Was the show prerecorded today?  Felt like it. Either that or TPTB had a word with Whoopi. She was too nice today, especially at signoff. "We really appreciate you tuning in."

If Whoopi was nice then I'm guessing it's because someone threatened her where it counts.  Her bank account.  She kept bringing up the fact she lost work because of being "wrongfully accused".  Well maybe someone made her understand what could happen if she continues to voice such very unpopular opinions.  Telling an offensive joke about a president is IMO small potatoes compared to defending a man accused of (and self admitting) to drugging and raping over 40 women.  Whoopi's boneheadedness just might have finally caught up with her.

• Love 8
Whoopi can yell about anything, and if she expresses enough indignation, includes a little "damn"  and "Hell", and then throws in a boob joke, the audience cheers and claps.  So she thinks they agree with her.

Backformore, the sheep...I mean the audience is revved to full-on cheer by The View's "warm-up comedian," Tom Kelly.  They're instructed to clap whenever he gives them the signal.  It's always irritating.  I guess Whoopi believes the warmed-up hype. 

*Warm-up comedian is apparently a real job title.

• Love 4
(edited)

She kept bringing up the fact she lost work because of being "wrongfully accused".

Whoopi is so damn stupid. The scum admitted to giving women drugs. If she were to publicly state she feels he is guilty of raping all those women, how could she lose work? This question is not directed at you, I am merely using your comment to ask this question in general. Many people have mentioned they believe Cosby is guilty and yet, I am not seeing any backlash towards them. It isn't as if Whoopi would lose her job on The View. If Cosby had pull, wouldn't the rest of the co-hosts and guest co-hosts be out of a job?

Whoopi seems to forget that a criminal matter in a civil court is still tried in a court of law. Just because Cosby hasn't been found guilty of these crimes in a criminal court, he has admitted under oath during a civil deposition during a civil court matter what crime he committed. There is a reason why he settled. He knew he would likely be found guilty in a criminal court.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6

If she were to publicly state she feels he is guilty of raping all those women, how could she lose work?

My point is if Whoopi continues to defend Cosby she could lose work.  A lot of people in Hollywood are not on this man's side and if Whoopi doubles down and continues to IMO call all of his accusers liars there could be a price to pay.

• Love 2

Was the show prerecorded today?  Felt like it. Either that or TPTB had a word with Whoopi. She was too nice today, especially at signoff. "We really appreciate you tuning in."

Are you effing serious?  She said that?  Pffft.  Yeah, right.  Like that was from coming from HER mouth.  You are 100% right that TPTB MADE her say that.  And that makes me very happy.  Because it indicates that the Ship is not happy with their Captain.  And that shit is starting to finally hit the fan behind the scenes.

• Love 11
(edited)

Yes, she said that and seemed very sincere.  That's why I wondered if it was a taped show.

Well, she must have popped a couple of Quaaludes before the show if she was able to pull off "sincere."

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 11

If Whoopi was nice then I'm guessing it's because someone threatened her where it counts.  Her bank account.  She kept bringing up the fact she lost work because of being "wrongfully accused".  Well maybe someone made her understand what could happen if she continues to voice such very unpopular opinions.  Telling an offensive joke about a president is IMO small potatoes compared to defending a man accused of (and self admitting) to drugging and raping over 40 women.  Whoopi's boneheadedness just might have finally caught up with her.

Considering Disney's very strong message (swiftly taking statue down the day before criminal investigation was announced) about what they feel toward Cosby, I'm sure someone has said something to her.  She is entitled to say anything she wishes, but you don't challenge The Disney Empire.  She needs them ($) more than they need her.  If it were some corporate crime or something benign, an entertainment superpower wouldn't care.  This is about 40 years of drugging, raping women and underage girls.  With proof.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm guessing that sign-off was a result of a lecture from the Powers that Be. Every other talk show on tv encourages its viewers to use social media to participate in their shows. They beg for tweets and hashtags and photos. The Talk posts viewer tweets. Today Show posts tweets and fan pics. Even Dr. Phil pretends to post viewer questions. But Whoopi basically orders the audience to shut up, stop tweeting, tells us no one cares. This flies in the face of the network's desire to get audience response. I'm sure they're fine with her contrary opinions because they bring up the ratings, but it seems the network may finally be telling her, "You can spew your garbage, but don't you dare tell our viewers to stop participating." It's one thing when she was doing it over small stuff, but now it's over a major issue that's getting huge attention. Enough is enough.

Edited by marny
  • Love 6

Well, she must have popped a couple of Quaaludes before the show if she was able to pull off "sincere."

Bwahahaha! Perfect. Thanks for that laugh. 

Bear in mind that The Whoopster is an actress, so she's capable of feigning any emotion.  Just sayin'.

Yep, maybe she's trying for that daytime Emmy!

• Love 1
(edited)

I may not agree with all of Whoopi or Candace bures views...I do give both credit for expressing them..even if they aren't correct..imho. though I think whoopi's tirade about not caring about our tweets, emails,etc make me think this... 'me doth think someone protest too much'

Edited by JAYJAY1979

Whoopi is so damn stupid. The scum admitted to giving women drugs. If she were to publicly state she feels he is guilty of raping all those women, how could she lose work? This question is not directed at you, I am merely using your comment to ask this question in general. Many people have mentioned they believe Cosby is guilty and yet, I am not seeing any backlash towards them. It isn't as if Whoopi would lose her job on The View. If Cosby had pull, wouldn't the rest of the co-hosts and guest co-hosts be out of a job?

Whoopi seems to forget that a criminal matter in a civil court is still tried in a court of law. Just because Cosby hasn't been found guilty of these crimes in a criminal court, he has admitted under oath during a civil deposition during a civil court matter what crime he committed. There is a reason why he settled. He knew he would likely be found guilty in a criminal court.

First off... Im not defending Whoopi.... but this is what I see as her logic

She was "falsely" accused  (Her logic) and she lost work because of the "false" information being passed along as being true

Her way of thinking... if she accuses Cosby.... he might lose some work.... he will have to deal with what Whoopi dealt with...... because she doesnt have "proof"

Now as was said yesterday..... She thought Zimmerman was guilty..... and she wasnt worried if he was gonna lose work...... but as Whoopi has proven over and over.. Race trumps everything else

• Love 2
(edited)

RogerfromOhio, thank you for clarifying. It wasn't making sense to me.

My point is if Whoopi continues to defend Cosby she could lose work.

That, I understand. My misunderstanding.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

She was "falsely" accused  (Her logic) and she lost work because of the "false" information being passed along as being true

Her way of thinking... if she accuses Cosby.... he might lose some work.... he will have to deal with what Whoopi dealt with...... because she doesnt have "proof"

Now as was said yesterday..... She thought Zimmerman was guilty..... and she wasnt worried if he was gonna lose work...... but as Whoopi has proven over and over.. Race trumps everything else

To continue the "Whoopi-logic" - if she think someone is guilty of something, or a bonehead, or needs to grow up, get a clue, whatever -  she can say so.  They're guilty if she says they're guilty. Because she's Whoopi. 

If she LIKES someone, has ever worked with them, or if they have some celebrity status and she sees a need to have them as allies  (bonus points if the person in question is both Black and male)  - than nobody better accuse them of anything, because "we don't know, we weren't there"  and "presumed innocent until proven guilty"  And "If a woman hits a man, he's going to hit back" . 

• Love 10
(edited)

Since the always supportive Whoopi slipped in a comment from Ariana Grande's manager (absolving her), I tried to find his comment online.  I found this from ETCanada.

"She’s a germaphobe," Goldberg claimed Braun said. "She would never have licked donuts in that store. She just wouldn’t."

Scooter Braun's rep denies that this or any statement was given to the daytime TV show and The View has now pulled the bit where Goldberg talks about the statement out of the west coast feed. In short, it seems like some kind of mistake occurred and The View's responding with an edit.

I assume I receive the "west coast feed," since it shows here (Phoenix area) at 10AM.  Wasn't pulled from me...

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3
(edited)

One thing to remember about the Cosby mess...... many of the girls he raped were under age...... that keeps getting lost in the discussions

Another thing is that the women were drugged; how many didn't even know for sure what happened?  How do you report a rape in the 1970s/80s if you aren't even sure it happened - only that this powerful man, powerful enough to help your career, drugged you.  Out of the 40 that have told their stories, I believe there are at least that many more that haven't. 

As far as Whoopi  losing work over her adamant defense of Cosby, I'm thinking no one has been beating a path to her door anyway; outside of this show she's had some guest spots on ABC sitcoms, some producing projects with her own production company and the never ending Sister Act.  She hasn't starred in a movie in over a decade.  So it's not like where Paula Deen lost an empire composed of dozens of partnerships with corporations or even CAA dropping Cosby.    Now, maybe she's going to lose future work, but it won't be as satisfying to me as if she lost this job. 

Yep, maybe she's trying for that daytime Emmy!

Shockingly she already has one and even more shocking shares it with Bits and Sherri.  They won for "Outstanding Talk Show Host" in 2009 - a year that Oprah took her name out of contention and Rachel Ray won for best talk show.     Also, the same year I realized the Daytime Emmy's are a joke lol.

"Wrongfully Accused," the Whoopi Goldberg story tonight on Lifetime, starring Chris Tucker as Whoopi Goldberg.

Bwahahaha!

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

"She’s a germaphobe," Goldberg claimed Braun said. "She would never have licked donuts in that store. She just wouldn’t."

Scooter Braun's rep denies that this or any statement was given to the daytime TV show and The View has now pulled the bit where Goldberg talks about the statement out of the west coast feed. In short, it seems like some kind of mistake occurred and The View's responding with an edit.

I assume I receive the "west coast feed," since it shows here (Phoenix area) at 10AM.  Wasn't pulled from me...

I don't know what west coast feed they mean. I am in Washington state and that statement aired here. Maybe they will pull it on reruns?

I don't know what west coast feed they mean. I am in Washington state and that statement aired here. Maybe they will pull it on reruns?

Why in hell would The Whoopster weigh in on this!!!  Gawd, the video clearly shows her licking the donuts (?) at least twice.  She just doesn't know when to STFU!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I assume I receive the "west coast feed," since it shows here (Phoenix area) at 10AM.  Wasn't pulled from me...

Dissy, I'm in Washington too, and that blurb at the end was clearly [and crudely]  edited. 

Whoopi said, "Welcome Back. You know, our friend [snip] with [snip] called us and said, "...it's Ariana Grande.  Listen, she's a germaphobe and would never have licked donuts in that store.  She just wouldn't"  So it's right to say their side of the story." 

So they basically just cut out the name of their supposed source - whom I believe when he says he never called the show. 

Unfortunately for the store's owner, the video was proof enough (duh!) for the local Health Department to knock their rating down a grade for leaving the donuts out.  The store owner said the donuts were only out for a minute while they went in the back to retrieve a special order.   Good job Grande. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Why in hell would The Whoopster weigh in on this!!!  Gawd, the video clearly shows her licking the donuts (?) at least twice.  She just doesn't know when to STFU!!

Ariana Grande is a Disney "star" so she will be defended as often as possible..... I doubt Whoopi made that statement up herself.... it was on the teleprompter for her to read.... So it can easily be said that the statement came from Disney instead of her manager.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just another WTF day on the View. We don't know, we weren't at the donut shop. Videos and depositions don't mean nothin' y'all when it comes to celebrities.

Gah. What is the matter with that woman?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
(edited)

I doubt they did.  Someone probably called the show, said they were Grande's manager, and disputed it.  No one confirmed or fact checked it as usual.   As far as Disney goes, I wonder why they would even mention it.  Everyone else already did and did it better.  As usual.  Geezus, Whoopi found a way to gross me out (her comment about licking, "if he was cute enought) even more than watching some entitled Grande lick the donuts.    

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Nichole was trying to make the Rebel Flag a partisan issue.... by her snide comment ...... A Democrat put that flag up there

Yes Nichole that may be true..... shame you didnt have actual information for it though..... but even if that is true.... it is not a partisan issue

It is not a heritage issue either.... The Rebel Flag was put up as a protest move against the Civil Rights Laws... which Whoopi mentioned.

Nicole is just ridiculous.  Always snide, always a shot, always blame.  In real life, has anyone ever actually met a person who announces their political party during every conversation, every single day?  I find that so bizarre.   Her actions and behaviour, or lifestyle choices are all defined by how she votes.  Really?

• Love 16

Shockingly she already has one and even more shocking shares it with Bits and Sherri.  They won for "Outstanding Talk Show Host" in 2009 - a year that Oprah took her name out of contention and Rachel Ray won for best talk show.     Also, the same year I realized the Daytime Emmy's are a joke lol.

No doubt. It depresses me to think that Elisabeth has an Emmy. But you're right - they are a joke.

• Love 3

That ship has sailed.

• Love 4
(edited)

Whoopi was less confrontational today. I, too, think she got a stern "talking to." Maybe this has something to do with it ?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cosby-accuser-fires-back-at-whoopi-goldberg-he-raped-me/

The queen is not nearly as important as she thinks she is. 

And how lame that she couldn't come up with the word(s) "integration" or "desegregation" or "Civil Rights legislation" during the Confederate flag discussion?  I lose words, too, sometimes, but don't they go over the Hot Topics stuff prior to the show?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 5
(edited)

Nicole is just ridiculous.  Always snide, always a shot, always blame.  In real life, has anyone ever actually met a person who announces their political party during every conversation, every single day?  I find that so bizarre.   Her actions and behaviour, or lifestyle choices are all defined by how she votes.  Really?

Has she always been like this?  I haven't watched everyday since RO left, but somehow I don't remember her doing this last fall.  Maybe I just blocked it out?  She seemed more relatable when she was talking about being star-struck or watching trashy reality TV with a glass of wine, etc.   Still, I think Nicolle knows that she was hired as the Blonde Republican so hopefully that's why she feels the need to remind everyone about that.  Whatever, I find it snide and weird too. Not all my girlfriends share my politics and no one ever feels the need to insert, "As a Republican...." into a conversation about fireworks etc. 

That ship has sailed.

Quite a while ago too.  Didn't CAA announced yesterday that  they dropped Cosby seven months ago?

And how lame that she couldn't come up with the word(s) "integration" or "desegregation" or "Civil Rights legislation" during the Confederate flag discussion?  I lose words, too, sometimes, but don't they go other the Hot Topics stuff prior to the show?

Nope.  Whoopi rolls in after the other co-hosts are done with hair and makeup which is where they "prep" lol.  Reportedly, one the reasons she's was pissed at RO is RO wanted to have 8:00 am meetings.   And thanks for that CNN link merriebreeze. Watching  Goldberg point her finger at the camera and yell at the viewers to "BACK OFF ME" again just reinforced my disgust for her big mouth. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Whoopi was less confrontational today. I, too, think she got a stern "talking to." Maybe this has something to do with it ?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cosby-accuser-fires-back-at-whoopi-goldberg-he-raped-me/

The queen is not nearly as important as she thinks she is. 

And how lame that she couldn't come up with the word(s) "integration" or "desegregation" or "Civil Rights legislation" during the Confederate flag discussion?  I lose words, too, sometimes, but don't they go over the Hot Topics stuff prior to the show?

Omg, the victim, Lili Bernard, in that piece said Cosby was holding a pillow over her face while he was raping her.  Omg.  I dare Whoopi to say one more word on-air in his defence.  Her professional world could implode very quickly.

• Love 7