Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I was just thinking that I wish SK hadn't been available when they decided to bring back AJ - because if RH had been AJ the Carly/AJ chemistry wouldn't have been as good but AJ would be alive, he probably would of gotten better stories, and I wouldn't resent RH's presence on the show so much

Not because I love RH or prefer him to SK - I just think AJ should be on the show and RC actually writes for RH

He'd probably be in the midst of a Carly/AJ story and I'd actually care about Jake because I'm much more interested in friends/family than his romantic triangle

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

They'd have also kept Kiki a Quartermaine. So CD wouldn't have gotten dragged down by KA. No brother hopping! No Micheal /Kiki is a huge plus.

Hee! I totally forgot that whole "Oops, we might have committed incest!" storyline.

• Love 2

Nah. I passed caring about Luke by like the time he went in the boathouse to look for the raccoon and we were supposed to believe that Luke, who appears to be in his 70s or 60s at times (80s at others )can kill a raccoon, but AJ, who appears to be in his late 30s to late 40s couldn't kill a raccoon. Yeah that day I was like this will be dumb and lead to bullshit. I was right. AJ ended up dead. We've seen millions of Lukes.

I think Brytni Sarpy is more interesting looking than pretty. She sorta looks like an insect to me. Although I just looked up some pics of her and she looks absolutely gorgeous in them. GH ruins people's looks, man. 

The spelling of her name is awful for sure.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

She looked like her makeup was done by someone without any experience with brown skin. Of course, Lulu and Tracy also had really thick dark blush that covered half of their faces so it might just be general incompetence by the make-up crew

• Love 3

I don't hate the pacing for the Jason amnesia story - the story itself isn't great but assuming BM has signed a contract that is long enough to make the story worthwhile I'm okay with the amnesia because it's old school soapy

Edited by Oracle42

Their makeup artist can't do makeup for various skintones, nor can they contour for various types of lighting. Today Lulu's head looked orange. Sometimes, Tracy's cheek contour isn't even blended. Friday, Maxie's contour by her cheeks & forehead wasn't blended in properly, but today it was. Liz's is always pretty good, as is KeMo's, but I suspect those actresses blend themselves.

She looked like her makeup was done by someone without any experience with brown skin. Of course, Lulu and Tracy also had really thick dark blush that covered half of their faces so it might just be general incompetence by the make-up crew

Hair and make-up in general is totally incompetent on this show, regardless of the actors race or gender. I'm convinced FH has it in her contract that they aren't allowed to touch her hair, an that VA and DZ avoid going into hair & make-up until the last minute which is why sometimes they look great and other times like shit.

That said, TFGH's hair, make-up and wardrobe is award winning calibre compared to Days'.

Hair and make-up in general is totally incompetent on this show, regardless of the actors race or gender. I'm convinced FH has it in her contract that they aren't allowed to touch her hair, an that VA and DZ avoid going into hair & make-up until the last minute which is why sometimes they look great and other times like shit.

I'm sorry for being dumb, but who is VA? I know FH is Finola Hughes and DZ is Domenic Zwhatever, but VA is totally escaping me.

I hate to tell you LegalParrot but you're not the only one. :) You don't have to feel bad about saying it.

I think sometimes they are fun, sometimes they are dumb. I am totally against squish naming old school couples and appreciate that mostly no one does it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I MISS Kristen Alderson!

God help me, but I'm starting to agree. Erin is that bad. Kristen was also bad and needs to stay gone, but at least she wasn't Hayley Erin.

• Love 6

Erin is pretty bad but I imagine Kristen trying to play this stuff and it's still bad. Plus, Franco would be involved somehow.

Although I know a lot of you had said KA played "bad" well on OLTL. Lies! :throws bar ware:

But seriously, I'll take Erin simply for the fact that there is no lame relationship with Franco with her in the role, and they aren't trying to tell me how awesome Kiki is anymore.

• Love 7

Although I totally agree MW is a fabulous actress, I'm super sick of watching Ava give her daily speech. Doesn't matter if it's about the baby, the cancer, whatever. It's boring now and I don't even care what she's saying.

• Love 5

Yeah but at least some of Original!Kiki's terribleness could be explained by RC's love for the actress and his need to have her work with RH - she was terrible in a way that I could understand.

Erin's Kiki is inexplicably, nonsensically awful. Nothing that she does or says makes sense

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

But seriously, I'll take Erin simply for the fact that there is no lame relationship with Franco with her in the role, and they aren't trying to tell me how awesome Kiki is anymore.

That does help.

If Johnny ever comes back I want him to be married to a knocked up Kristina - without the weird, terrible accent he did during this most recent appearance. 

I think it would give Sonny an actual heart attack.

• Love 10

If Johnny ever comes back I want him to be married to a knocked up Kristina - without the weird, terrible accent he did during this most recent appearance. 

That would be amaaaahzing.

Dante would secretly be kinda thrilled, heh.

• Love 7

What's this popular opinion doing in here? ;)

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I like Billy Miller and all but I don't see chemistry with anyone. Maybe because he's been given no agency of his own. It's like he just stands there with this doofus face while shit happens around him. Sweet baby Jesus, I'm starting to compare him to my most currently hated character, Katrina from Sleepy Hollow. I literally yelled YES! when her ass got got in the finale. I don't want to feel that way about BM but he's making me start to daydream about all the ways I'd like to see his character die. So I'm hoping he gets a regular gig on primetime (isn't it pilot season?) and skips his happy ass up the fuck through.

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure only me and Bishop said he was hot, so you don't have to feel too disappointed in the board :)

He would make a bad ass Micheal recast if Chad ever leaves. But for Jasus sake, get him some concealer. He did play assertive jerk well though.

I'm pretty sure only me and Bishop said he was hot, so you don't have to feel too disappointed in the board :)

I didn't say it, but I thought he was hot, too. But maybe it was just because he was beside inexplicably red-haired and devil bearded Ric.

• Love 2

I don't miss Lucky or Laura. I've never been a big fan of Genie or Jonathan but I respect them for saying fuckity bye (and the only way Ron has any tolerance for a Lucky-type character is if he's played by a failed underwear model).

I'd be fine with every Spencer but Bobbie and Lucas leaving and the family generally fading from existence. I've never had any particular fondness for anyone in this family but Aunt Ruby. I don't say that to be snooty or act like it's wrong or common for people to like them. I just never really have. I also find the general hostility to women from pretty much everyone in this family to be consistently repulsive, decade on decade. 

I agree, kristabell. I try not to think about how, if he were in any other profession, he'd probably have been canned by now. Ultimately, I think his behavior shows contempt for his audience, and that's what I cannot excuse or forgive. 

• Love 4

That would work if Cameron hadn't been involved in this asinine kiddie love quadrangle for so long.   But it would just be so weird at this point for Cam to suddenly be so much older than Emma and Joss.

Also, Liz still looks too young to have a teen son.   Just send the kids off to be rarely seen and never heard, and just trotted out for holidays.  

(edited)

My UO is that I don't think Liz/BH looks too young to have a teenager. I wouldn't mind seeing Cameron SORASed to 13-15.

Agreed. In fact, BH's oldest son in real life is a teenager himself now!* Granted, Becky was relatively young when she married and started having children, but still. 

*Becky's oldest son, Ethan, was born on Halloween 2001, which means he'll be 14 this year. That pregnancy was hidden on the show, as Liz was barely out of high school and still working at Kelly's. 

Edited by UYI

This won't be shocking that I think this, but isn't it a bit irresponsible of Sam and Patrick to tell their kids that they're a "family" now after only dating for a couple months? Like, the fuck? Why are they both so flippantly throwing around the word "family" like it's nothing? Yes, I know, plot point, but still. It's gross.

• Love 1