Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

(edited)

Interesting, Jim has signed on to do this show TWICE and he didn't know what the show would be like? I can understand the part about it taking forever to film, but c'mon, you only need to see one episode (pick any season) to get the gist of the show.

Didn't Andy say at some point (maybe in his book) that Jim had wanted to go on WWHL or something? Jim has to have watched the RH shows.

ETA, this article from 2013: http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2013/10/12/62890640/andy-cohen-meets-with-tony-la-russa-and-jim-edmonds

While we're not sure if La Russa has ever watched an episode of the Real Housewives series, there is little doubt about Edmonds' knowledge about the show. He actually appeared on an episode with the Orange County cast when he was a dinner guest of one of the stars.

"I was watching a rough cut of it at home and I almost fainted," Cohen said. "I'm like, 'Cardinals legend Jim Edmonds is on my show.' I was so psyched."

Edited by gimipizzauoldtroll
  • Love 3

Didn't Andy say at some point (maybe in his book) that Jim had wanted to go on WWHL or something? Jim has to have watched the RH shows.

ETA, this article from 2013: http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2013/10/12/62890640/andy-cohen-meets-with-tony-la-russa-and-jim-edmonds

Right? Thanks for that. So I don't understand his shock about how those women treated his wife. And he also seems to not realize his wife is one of those women.
  • Love 6

He also allowed his daughter to be front and center in the "put upon step mother of the awful teen "story line. I know Hayley was 17 and almost an adult yada...yada...yada. I don't care. Her mom was dying and she had reality show stardom in her eyes and was not in a place to be filmed . Now for time and eternity Hayley can look back and watch how awful she treated her dying mother. Sometimes kids have to be saved from themselves and I think this was one of those times.

• Love 13

He also allowed his daughter to be front and center in the "put upon step mother of the awful teen "story line. I know Hayley was 17 and almost an adult yada...yada...yada. I don't care. Her mom was dying and she had reality show stardom in her eyes and was not in a place to be filmed . Now for time and eternity Hayley can look back and watch how awful she treated her dying mother. Sometimes kids have to be saved from themselves and I think this was one of those times.

I agree, absolutely right nc socialworker.

• Love 1

Meghan's instagram features recent pics of her in Cambodia... not wearing her wedding ring.

From Wikipedia:

Cambodia scored dismally in an annual index (2015) ranking the rule of law in 102 countries, placing 99th overall and the worst in the region. 'The World Justice Project’s Rule of Law Index, which is based on surveys with ordinary people and in-country experts, ranks countries based on eight key indicators including constraints on government powers, an absence of corruption, and regulatory enforcement.' 'In every factor measured, Cambodia scored the worst in the East Asia and Pacific region, where other ranked nations include Myanmar, Vietnam and Mongolia.' The report notes that “where the rule of law is weak, medicines fail to reach health facilities, criminal violence goes unchecked, laws are applied unequally across societies, and foreign investments are held back.”

I wouldn't be flaunting anything of value while traveling in Cambodia.

• Love 2

From Wikipedia:

I wouldn't be flaunting anything of value while traveling in Cambodia.

I doubt that Meghan was in a bad part of the country given the pics of the hotel she apparently posted (I didn't look, but someone posted about it here I think?). Anyway, I'm not going to infer anything about their marriage from the ring. Jim and Meghan are an odd couple but whatever, as long as it works for them. He was a dick to her on the show. Still surprised she didn't wear a fake but maybe she didn't want to buy one and didn't feel comfortable traveling with it as you suggest.

• Love 1

I stopped watching this show long ago but check in here periodically to see if anything has changed. Obviously--nothing has changed. Vicki is still a narcissistic, Tamra is a delusional tramp with a crazy son who's had a baby with a woman who's had 3 other children with 3 (?) other men (what a great mom and wife!), Briana is still in the desert with no friends and a nutso husband, Shannon is still trying to work out her marriage with her stunned eyed husband and children who should have never heard any of this on TV or otherwise, and then Heather/Terry who will live in a huge mansion that they somehow have to pay for by shilling on some home shopping channel. Do I pretty much have this covered for those of you who actually watch this mess? 

oops-I forgot giraffe neck Meghan. Apparently from the comments, she's a nutso too. From the photos I've seen online with the headbands, that seems to be accurate. I have no idea who her husband is although she seems to think he's famous.

• Love 1

A follow-up note: During the reunion Meghan spoke about this and said that the episode aired while LeAnn was still alive. Hayley saw the footage of how badly she acted toward her mother and went and apologized to her. 

• Love 4

A follow-up note: During the reunion Meghan spoke about this and said that the episode aired while LeAnn was still alive. Hayley saw the footage of how badly she acted toward her mother and went and apologized to her.

I actually like Meghan for that brief moment.

What she said she told Haley seemed real to me, and her words were beautiful.

Why couldn't she have shown that side of herself on the show instead of the Meghan PI we got? The crazy lady who was hell bent on retribution very thinly disguised as justice?

• Love 4

That was my post.

I was so glad to see that and that she got to apologize before her mom passed. Imagine having to live with that forever? I even like the way Meghan presented it as she was being given a " gift".

• Love 4

Where did you find that pic of Meghan? Lol!

You, Talula, are officially awesome!

(Or maybe I am officially lazy and don't peruse the world of Bravo online enough)

Thanks chenoa333 this photo came up in a bunch of photos from googling RHOC. I thought it was unusual in light of Meghan changing her hair to make a fashion statements or a point. It shows the damage heavy duty dying has taken on her hair. We don't need a PI to see it, we have the photo. Bet lots of her hair went down the drain.

• Love 1

Is it just me, or is the following instagram post from Meghan strange?

"meghankedmondsWhat a year it's been! Moving, reality show, cross-country living, a death that rocked our world, etc. It feels like a lifetime has passed us in one year! And what a way to celebrate with dinner at Tony's (Jimmy's first time!) and with another anniversary behind us: The St Louis Arch celebrating its 50th anniversary! How beautiful is it!?! Love this city!"

https://instagram.com/p/9PtQuiB9LX/

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

Is it just me, or is the following instagram post from Meghan strange?

"meghankedmondsWhat a year it's been! Moving, reality show, cross-country living, a death that rocked our world, etc. It feels like a lifetime has passed us in one year! And what a way to celebrate with dinner at Tony's (Jimmy's first time!) and with another anniversary behind us: The St Louis Arch celebrating its 50th anniversary! How beautiful is it!?! Love this city!"

https://instagram.com/p/9PtQuiB9LX/

----

I don't think it is strange at all. It is their 1 year anniversary and a lot has happened in that 1 year.....moving to the OC, the OC HW show, Leann's death, going back and forth between St L and the OC. LOL That is a lot for anyone in 1 years time.

• Love 4

Did anyone ever see this video?  First off, as we've all seen this season, she has a very stilted way of speaking.  She doesn't come off as well bred or read.  I'm betting most of her time at Ole Miss was spent focusing on Sorority life as an entitled mean girl.  Secondly, I cannot stand that she says here (and on RHoOC) that Lee Ann is dying of cancer.  Battling cancer is what Lee Ann (and other cancer patients) did, and whether they win or lose that battle, the fact is that they fought it until the very end.

If I were Lee Ann, hearing Meghan say that would have upset and angered me.

• Love 2

Apparently meghan is not experienced in the art of public speaking. Lots of "umm's, "and umm's".

Even without out the "umm's" she sounded stupid.

Please. Go back to St. Louis and don't ever return to the O.C,

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

Are you sure she wasn't in Cambodia to reboot the Khmer Rouge?

From your lips to God's ear, dear.  The place is a total sewer!  The only thing they got going for them tourist-wise are a bunch of decayling temples.  And those "poor little children" are deliberately pimped out by their PARENTS.  Yes indeed, mom and dad send the little youngsters to town to sell their -- whatever they can sell, and of course give the money to mom and dad. 

• Love 1

From your lips to God's ear, dear.  The place is a total sewer!  The only thing they got going for them tourist-wise are a bunch of decayling temples.  And those "poor little children" are deliberately pimped out by their PARENTS.  Yes indeed, mom and dad send the little youngsters to town to sell their -- whatever they can sell, and of course give the money to mom and dad. 

OK - I know this is off topic, but I had to respond to the slam on Cambodia.  Having spent some time in the PP and Siem Reap areas, I'll agree that this is a very poor and probably extremely corrupt country.  And I definitely wouldn't wear any jewelry when I'm out and about.  But during our visits to the country we met some truly lovely people, and saw some gorgeous scenery in both the countryside (think green rice paddies with water buffalo) and in the temple areas - Angkor Wat is a World Heritage site - not exactly a bunch of decaying temples….

Yes, there is a portion of the population that uses orphans to fleece well meaning tourists, drugs are easy to get, and the sex trade is booming - all of which are horrific….but there's also a portion of the population who truly love their children, and while they may be too poor to pay for "public" education, send their boys to monasteries where they're provided an education in exchange for work (and have the option of continuing on to take their monastic vows).  Most unfortunately, girls are typically on their own when it comes to education in poorer families…..

Long story short, it's really not fair to paint a complex country with a single broad brush stroke….we fell in love with the place and the people, and feel very fortunate to have had our experiences there.

• Love 6

From your lips to God's ear, dear. The place is a total sewer! The only thing they got going for them tourist-wise are a bunch of decayling temples. And those "poor little children" are deliberately pimped out by their PARENTS. Yes indeed, mom and dad send the little youngsters to town to sell their -- whatever they can sell, and of course give the money to mom and dad.

I was likening Meghan's tendency to trample over the rights and feelings of others in the name of "truth" and "justice" to the behavior of the Khmer Rouge, who also trampled over the rights and feelings of others in the name of "truth" and "justice".

• Love 2

Last week while working from home (either Thursday or Friday), I had the tv on in the background, and an old Say Yes to the Dress was playing.  I didn't pay much attention until I heard a somewhat familiar voice.  Yes, it was Meghan dress shopping for her wedding to Jim.  She tried on several dresses and then liked one, but only if they could alter it.  The head of alterations (Vera?) came upstairs and said yes, she could do it (she acted like it wasn't a big deal at all - Meghan wanted more of a sweetheart neckline).  Anyhow the dress was nice, a sheath style that really, really, really accentuated how thin she is.  

I then went online because I thought I remembered seeing her in a totally different look in her wedding pictures.  Yes, it was completely different - a big ballgown bottom on the one in the pictures.  Now, I suppose she could've worn the more sleek one at the reception, but no pictures of that at all.  

She came across as not memorable at all during that show, so maybe she was told to dial it up to full biatch for RHOC.  Only thing I remember, other than the dress being totally different was that her hair was a hot mess.  It looked like it had not been brushed or combed in days.  I know the messy look is in, but if she was going for that look she got it all wrong.  It just looked fried, unkempt, and like she just rolled out of bed.

• Love 1

I am shocked and somewhat appalled to say this, but I think Meghan came off best in part two of the reunion.  If you exclude the ridiculous comment that Haley was very hurt by what Vicki said, Meghan was calm and rational, and mostly talked only when spoken to.  After the fact I realized that I primarily listened rather than watched, and I think it's Meghan's facial expressions that really affect how she comes off.

I liked how Jim and Meghan answered questions about their marriage.  They both acknowledged that certain things didn't look good, and Jim owned his on camera behavior.  I also liked that Jim responded to Andy's condolences regarding Leann, but didn't spin the event like Meghan probably would have.  Jim is not the widower, and he really kept his response to how their children are.

I really think that what we see of Meghan is the real Meghan.  She's pretty blunt and straight forward, but a little socially awkward and a lot abrasive.  As a Midwesterner, I appreciate the blunt and straight forward aspect (as I'm the same way), but she really needs to learn to read people better.  She also needs to learn to mind her own business.

• Love 5

I never could stand Meghan, but I do have to say that I feel she was right to try to expose Vicki and Brooks.  I kept thinking, "why is she doing this?"  Now I think, why not.  

I think the women on these shows have been able to slide with all their lies for way too long.  They seem to start living in an alternate reality, just because they scream and freak out when confronted with the truth.  

• Love 4

Has Meghan been called out at all for lying about having cancer herself?

Because she said it in a phone call to find out information at that clinic or because it runs in her family and she got worried because she thought she found an abnormality?  Neither really is a declaration of cancer like Brooks.... 

• Love 3

Because she said it in a phone call to find out information at that clinic or because it runs in her family and she got worried because she thought she found an abnormality? Neither really is a declaration of cancer like Brooks....

Because she lied during a phone call to a real medical practice, that treats real patients, with real cancer, in order to obtain information that was and still is none of her business in the first place.

That phone call took time away from the real patients, with real cancer.

Nope. I still have yet to see any credible evidence Babbling Brooks is faking cancer.

All the above is my opinion only.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 2

The burning question remains; is lying about your closeness to someone who is battling cancer as an excuse for investigating whether or not someone else has cancer, almost as bad as lying about having cancer?

If it ever comes out; via Lee Ann's husband or anyone in Lee Ann's family, that Lee Ann barely heard from Meghan until RHOC, Meghan will have a lot of 'splainin to do.

• Love 3

Because she lied during a phone call to a real medical practice, that treats real patients, with real cancer, in order to obtain information that was and still is none of her business in the first place.

That phone call took time away from the real patients, with real cancer.

Nope. I still have yet to see any credible evidence Babbling Brooks is faking cancer.

All the above is my opinion only.

----

The clinic told her to go to an oncologist and we saw the doctor-the one that recycled Brooks' blood.

• Love 1

The burning question remains; is lying about your closeness to someone who is battling cancer as an excuse for investigating whether or not someone else has cancer, almost as bad as lying about having cancer?

If it ever comes out; via Lee Ann's husband or anyone in Lee Ann's family, that Lee Ann barely heard from Meghan until RHOC, Meghan will have a lot of 'splainin to do.

Regardless of how close Leann and Meghan were it had to be comforting for Leann to know Jim had someone in his life that would watch over her daughters.  Since Meghan and Jim didn't move to OC until just before the show started shooting I would think their face to face interaction would be limited and Hayley lived with Meghan and Jim from August to December prior to moving back to OC to be closer to her mother and her battle with cancer.  I think Meghan overreacts and then I realize for the rest of her life and/or life with Jim, Hayley and Lauren will be in their lives and it is nice she could have real  moments to remember their mother by, 

• Love 2

Lee Ann and Meghan were evidently close/cordial enough that Lee Ann attended Meghan and Jim's wedding. That's not exactly something an ex-wife generally does as a perfunctory gesture. At this point, Meghan's go no 'splainin' to do in that regard . . .

• Love 2

Lee Ann and Meghan were evidently close/cordial enough that Lee Ann attended Meghan and Jim's wedding. That's not exactly something an ex-wife generally does as a perfunctory gesture. At this point, Meghan's go no 'splainin' to do in that regard . . .

Just because Lee Ann was invited to the wedding doesn't confirm she and Meghan were close.  It could mean Lee Ann and Jim have remained close and/or it was done for the sake of the kids.  That said, there was really no need to mock the slang in my post.

Edited by cherry slushie

Just because Lee Ann was invited to the wedding doesn't confirm she and Meghan were close.  It could mean Lee Ann and Jim have remained close and/or it was done for the sake of the kids.  That said, there was really no need to mock the slang in my post.

My intent was to echo rather to mock (although I did add an apostrophe in lieu of the "g" in "'splainin'," that's more about my own OCD). Can I send you a casserole?

• Love 3

My intent was to echo rather to mock (although I did add an apostrophe in lieu of the "g" in "'splainin'," that's more about my own OCD). Can I send you a casserole?

Yes, and I'm also going to need a cup of coffee, a hug, and at least three affirmations, A Hallmark card would be nice too.  *sniff*

• Love 4

Please don't tell me Alexis owns a rabbit fur coat? That is SO 1970's!

And I am totally against anyone wearing any real fur.

Since I like Alexis, i will hold her husband responsible for any real fur Alexis owns since he thinks he owns alexis.

• Love 1

In the vein of conciliatory/affirmative tokens favored by the Vickster, I was actually referring to the (indeed very aesthetically retro) car coat number that Brooks proffered to her on the season 7 finale. I have no idea if it was fashioned from bunny hides but it did look like genuine fur, if cheaply made and relatively well worn. Vicki asked, "for me?" To which Brooks was characteristically shifty: "for tonight." There were thus jokes at the time on TWOP that it was due for return at Jim's by the end of the evening. But Alexis (of whom I am a huge fan as well) and Sarah Winchester did don chinchilla chubbies at the same function, a detail I recall primarily because they paired said outerwear with bespangled micro-mini dresses and consequently looked like refugees from the hooker extra pool of Pretty Woman . . . which I suppose would have Vicks the haggard madame too old to turn tricks anymore.

• Love 5

I'll throw in a (rented) rabbit fur coat from Jim Bellino's pawn shop.

I'm anti-fur too, but I'll take one of his gaudy watches so I can chip out the diamonds to make earrings.  My god, what did she see in him when she met him?  He's so oily, unattractive, and obnoxious.  I think, IIRC, that he convinced her he was super, duper rich.

Oh, and since this is the Meghan thread, one more time until next season;

Shut up, Meghan!

• Love 3

My world will be so empty til RHOC 2016 without meghan barking in my ear.

I just know she will spend most of her time digging up more dirt on Brooks' fake cancer. Afterall, curing cancer is her passion.

She's such a giver!

• Love 2