Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

I’ve never seen Schitts Creek and probably won’t now.

I call it "The Titanic Effect".  I never watched that movie until after it swept so many awards shows, and just didn't think it was all THAT.  So now I find the overwhelming sweeps of all awards in a category suspect.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, rubaco said:

Speaking as someone who just binged it over the last couple months, my feeling was that it was just "OK" at the beginning... until the last episode of season 2, at which point it transformed into something special. Worth sticking with, for sure.

Good to hear :)! I'm generally pretty patient when it comes to shows' first seasons and whatnot-give them some time to smooth themselves out and gel and whatnot, so I can deal with that, then. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I swear it's gotten to the point where the minute Regina King is nominated for something, she's going to win. Girlfriend hasn't lost an award she's been nominated for in years. 

She's amazing in absolutely everything she does. I also would like to just hang out with her sometime because she seems really fun. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I call it "The Titanic Effect".  I never watched that movie until after it swept so many awards shows, and just didn't think it was all THAT.  So now I find the overwhelming sweeps of all awards in a category suspect.  

Mm-hmm.  Shoot, I still haven’t seen Titanic.  I don’t watch things that get a lot of hype or sweep all the awards.  I already know that I’m not going to get it.  I’m not going to get the hype or see what’s so great about it.

Congrats Regina King!  Yes!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, superdeluxe said:

Mm-hmm.  Shoot, I still haven’t seen Titanic.  I don’t watch things that get a lot of hype or sweep all the awards.  I already know that I’m not going to get it.  I’m not going to get the hype or see what’s so great about it.

Congrats Regina King!  Yes!

Spoiler alert: the boat sinks. 

I hated all the hype that stupid movie got. The special effects were great, but it was not that special. Schitt's Creek is really good though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
Just now, sara416 said:

Spoiler alert: the boat sinks. 

LOL, I remember when my friend and I went to see that movie when it came out. My friend's dad was dropping us off at the theater and joked, "Don't tell me how it ends!" 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Hugh seemed truly happy for Mark, but you know he's already preparing himself for the trolling that Ryan Reynolds has in store for him!

Hugh just needs to remind him he already has an Emmy for hosting the Tonys one year and is one Oscar away from the EGOT. 

But, meh, Deadpool won't care. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

LOL, I remember when my friend and I went to see that movie when it came out. My friend's dad was dropping us off at the theater and joked, "Don't tell me how it ends!" 

I was 14 when that movie came out but the 90s  appeal of Leo always escaped me then.  Mama Kat and I did mock all the crigey dialogue.  

Victor Garber though 😭😭😭 every damn time.

Anyhoo congrats Mark and Regina.  Still mad the Plot Against America got overlooked on acting.

Edited by kittykat
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, leighdear said:

This is Forrest Gump for me 🤣 Schitt's Creek is really good, though; like many comedies, the first season is a little rough but the show really finds its footing in season 2 and shines all the rest of the way through.

This is the first Emmys ever where I have seen -- and loved! -- every winner so far.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, kittykat said:

I was 14 when that movie came out but the 90s  appeal of Leo always escaped me then.  Mama Kat and I did mock all the crigey dialogue.  

Victor Garber though 😭😭😭 every damn time.

I was 13, and I didn't go gaga over Leo, either. But YES to Victor Garber. He was great. 

As for Regina King, haven't seen "Watchman", but always happy to see her winning things in general :). 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Hugh just needs to remind him he already has an Emmy for hosting the Tonys one year and is one Oscar away from the EGOT. 

But, meh, Deadpool won't care. 

I can imagine Ryan saying something like, "Ruffalo beat Jackman like Hulk beat Loki. 'Puny God,' indeed."

Edited by DollEyes
  • LOL 5