Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

(edited)

The ratings ARE down in the demo, but just barely. At this point last year they were at 2.2 and this year they're at 1.9. The show is still doing very well for CBS (on top of it being cheap and takes up three hours a week) so there's no need for us to worry about losing the show any time soon. There could be a nuclear holocaust and we would still be watching HGs complain about how everyone they dislike is a floater. 

I just hope that perhaps the slight dip in the ratings might give AG pause regarding the whole absurd BotB thing. It really does fuck the game up BADLY. The problem is that it does give them a meaningful game in every single episode, and that's huge for them from a programming standpoint, which is why I think we might be stuck with it. It really galls me just how much AG has tarnished this show. It's still the same basic dumb show that i love, but everything she has added to the show has been awful. Season 6 was one of the most acclaimed seasons ever, and we'd never get a Season 6 again. Way too many "normal" people on it and not nearly enough rigging (and there WAS rigging that season, as they brought Kaysar back) and stupid bullshit. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jason is campaigning to Shelli/Clay....REPEAT....Jason is campaigning.  Report to follow:

Initial report:  Jason is explaining to Shelli that he is more trustworthy than Becky, talking about a game conversation with Becky he had last night.  I believe Becky has already reported this conversation to Shelli/Clay.  Jason claimed that if Clay was stuck on the block, only he, Shelli and Meg would have voted to keep him.  He claims everyone told him that they were against Shelli/Clay.  Shelli asks Jason to specify who "everyone" is (hee!).  Jason can't really say, as he didn't talk to Liz/Austin, can't throw Meg/Jackie/James under bus, so he's left talking about Vanessa and John. He also says that Steve wanted a hug and ran from him.

Shelli goes back to how no one was happy when Clay won veto.  Jason say everyone wasn't (other than him, of course, he was just being kind to Becky).  Shelli again presses him for specific names.  Again he only has John and Vanessa (and scampering Steve).   Now he's pitching his, this will be endurance, I can win and we will all be back together. 

I don't think Shelli and Clay are buying any of this and are toying with their prey.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
(edited)

He keeps hammering home that Becky is a better comp beast that could (said she would) put Clay/Shelli up in DE if she stays, also keeps saying Vanessa was the one to point finger at S/C. Says he doesn't have an alliance with Jackie, just runs game theory with her.  Says Jackie talks to Beckie, but that Beckie is walking away from Jackie, not vice versa (not sure that helps his cause). When asked, says the only reason he waited until last minute was he never went to HOH when V was in charge because he believed he had nothing to worry about, didn't want to draw attention; says he didn't come to C/S til last minute because things always go haywire in house. Offers C/S Jason/Meg final four. Now going to emotional pitch that he needs the cash from being in the jury house.

This conversation is winding round and round.  I don't think C/S are buying this, but I need to hear followup conversation.

Edited by pennben
(edited)

The most irritating part about Becky is she's arrogant. Like she pretends she knows the game really well and is playing stellar. I'm convinced they put something in the water to make these hamsters so delusional.

I'm not a Becky fan. Her crying in the ep last night because she's not doing better irritated me - because she's Little Miss Fitness and runs marathons in the mountains, she assumed she'd do better on a rigged game show? C'mon, girl, buck up. Did the most physically fit person win every BB season you faithfully watched over the last 15 years? I mean, crammed in after being recruited? (Please tell me it wasn't actually from tinder!) I feel like until this past week, 90% of the time I've seen her on feeds (BBAD, mind you), she's talking about a clothing item, accessory, or something equally retail-oriented. Okay, you worked for Victoria's Secret and A&F or whatever - you're not getting paid by them to be an advertisement. (Or IS she? This week it's an Urban Outfitters Taaaaake Over!!)

With That Being Said, I don't dislike her nearly as much as many past HGs. Still love this season. It's just at that point where the idiosyncrasies of almost every player bug the shit out of me. It's like part of the Kubler-Ross stages of BB:

• Denial: I can't believe I'm watching this shit again.
  • Anger: When the fuck are these people gonna wake up and start playing?!?
  • Bargaining: If only ___ happens, this whole thing will have been worth it.
  • Depression: Oh, how I've wasted my summer!
  • Acceptance: I guess it could have been worse. Lube up my backside - I'll be back next year.
Edited by Dewey Decimate
  • Love 18
(edited)

Nope.  Shelli/Clay did not buy Jason's pitch....more to follow:

Initial report:  It took about five seconds after Jason left for them to say the pitch did not work.  They talked about how Jason talked too long (and boy howdy, did he ever, it was an hour plus conversation with five minutes of content) and circled back and wasn't always consistent.  They discussed when pressed on who "everyone" was, he couldn't answer.  Shelli mentioned that she knew she was going to be emotional evicting Jason and had already told Vanessa she had to keep her in line, sounds like Vanessa prepped them for all arguments they would hear.  Ultimately they realized that they already knew every single piece of information that Jason brought them, so he wasn't a necessary source for them in the house.

ETA:  In lots of ways, it would have been better for C/S to keep Jason several days ago, which is why they tried to get Vanessa to put up Jackie, not Jason.  I think, however, so many things have happened in the days since he was put on the block, that they really can't save him at this point. 

Edited by pennben

Becky has played this week as best as she could. She has come out it as the 17465 wheel of the mega alliance but she's made some inroads. She is not on top of their target list anymore and Vanessa and Shelli trusts her as much as they can a non Sixth Sense member.

During a conversation in which she seeked Shelli's guidance on how to earn Clay's trust ( LOL!) she suggested they named their alliance the Generals. 

Jason is explaining to Shelli that he is more trustworthy than Becky, talking about a game conversation with Becky he had last night.  I believe Becky has already reported this conversation to Shelli/Clay. 

I posted it when she very briefly gave Shelli a very general idea of what she and Jason talks about. I said it was a smart move then.

Not only was Jason's plea all over the place, he made a case for Shelli/Clay to keep Becky around beyond this week. Becky have been telling the SS that she's not close with Jackie and Jason not only confirmed it, he also told them that besides JMac, Becky has no one. He doesn't know that one of the main reasons why he is going home is his bonds with multiple people.  Becky is a good candidate for them if she's  almost flying solo.

The thing I like most about Becky's game this week is that she is not making up lies. She is is just telling each group the truth they want to hear.

• Love 6

Could someone please explain to me why Jason has been in the top two favorites for the past several weeks at Jokers.  What am i missing?  I don't watch the feeds, but just watching the show and reading the feed recaps, I can't stand the guy.  I'll be thrilled when he's voted out.  

1) Jason is one of the most hilarious people on the feeds. 

2) Everybody hates Shelli/Clay/Vanessa/Austin. As a result, anyone that irritates/messes up their game has to be loved and encouraged. 

3) Jason gives good DRs. I'd rather listen to him narrate the game than fake Shelli and stilted Clay. 

4) As seen below, he makes for good GIFs. 

5) He's one of the few who would put Clay/Shelli/Vanessa/Austin up no problem and no excuse. 

• Love 3

The thing I like most about Becky's game this week is that she is not making up lies. She is is just telling each group the truth they want to hear.

Yeah I like Becky, I've liked her since her casual perky recounting of getting hit by a train, other peoples metaphorical device is her actual life! And I think she has a game, a deep deep well hidden game, but it's there, though I'll say it's easy not lie when you don't really know all that much, but I think she's more active and strategic than Johnny Mac, of the people not in S6 she's my favorite along with Steve, and I hope Vanessa cuts Slay loose and takes one of them to F4 with her.

I can't wait for Julia to tap into the house next week,I really think her coming in should shake up the dynamics of the house a bit, and she's way more interesting than Liz.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have a different opinion on Becky.  I think she may be someone who is a bit meaner and shallow than she lets on.  Some of her comments about Johnny Mac are a little weird to me.  When he's not around she says she would never go for a guy like that.  And thats fine, but it's just the way she says it.  It's insulting.  She talks about how good looking all of her dates are.  She even had a conversation with Jason where Jason talked about he didn't need the person he was with to have a good body.  Her immediate response was to say she needed the whole package.  And I think she's been able to hide this catty/shallow part of herself because of where she is in the game and the fact that nobody talks to her.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 7

Yeah I like Becky, I've liked her since her casual perky recounting of getting hit by a train, other peoples metaphorical device is her actual life!

I never thought of it that way. I think it is funny and sad that she considers herself basic, earning one of the funniest nicknames in the house. Basic Becky.

Beating herself up about failing in competitions doesn't bother me nor do I think it is arrogant. Most athletics are crazy competitive and hate to lose in comps. She is not a sore loser to the competitor; she basically takes it out on herself.

And I think she has a game, a deep deep well hidden game, but it's there, though I'll say it's easy not lie when you don't really know all that much, but I think she's more active and strategic than Johnny Mac,

I think so too.  I started giving her the benefit of the doubt and just plainly rooting for her this week.

1. The night she and Johnny concluded that the Sixth Sense are very much together but they won't let them know they know they are together. Basically she and Johnny decided to spend minimal time together to minimize the targets on their backs as a duo.

2. The talk with Vanessa  after POV when Vanessa was looking for The Reason.  Among the many smart things she said during that convo, she stated point blank who the hinky votes for Jeff were (Liz and Steve) and gave such a concise reason why she thinks that. It is basically impressive.

Becky is basically playing Big Brother better than most.

3. The way she's handled herself this whole week. It hasn't been flawless. Hello, her being unhappy she lost the POV and BoB is part reason why the target shifted.

• Love 3

Shelli goes back to how no one was happy when Clay won veto.

Of course. She'll be going back there until the day she's evicted.

For me it's too soon to tell if Becky is worth rooting for. If she makes a big move on Shelli/Clay/Vanessa before they make a move on her then I'll be happy, but I just don't think she's going to.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think John could be in a bit of a better position than Becky, because Clay really really likes him (Vanessa is a lot more wary of him). If Shelli gets evicted before Clay, Clay is going to need someone to latch onto. Maybe he'll stick with Vanessa, but maybe he'll grab Johnny. 

What's really interesting to me (and a smart game move from Vanessa, whether intentional or not) is that by telling Liz/Austin to sort of disengage from the rest of the 6th Sense to throw off the scent of a big alliance, they're basically isolating themselves. While Vanessa, Shelli, and Clay are forming relationships and alliances with pretty much everyone else in the house, except the Backyard Crew. Vanessa/Shelli/Clay are all playing the best game right now, but they're going to have to start walking a thin line soon, once they've Pagonged James, Jackie, and Meg. I wonder if they'll start throwing HOHs then, so they won't have to be the ones to nominate Austin and the Twins.

Edited by Ceeg

I haven't seen anything from Becky that makes me believe she will ever do anything worthwhile in this game. She's totally snowed by Shelli and thinks this final 4 with Vanessa is legit. She also mentioned that if she wins HOH she will go after Steve because that's what the house wants.

Maybe I'm just bitter because she singlehandedly kills any conversation she's part of. "See the thing you don't understand about retail is there are lots of clothes and they have to be sorted and folded." 

• Love 6

Maybe I'm just bitter because she [becky] singlehandedly kills any conversation she's part of. "See the thing you don't understand about retail is there are lots of clothes and they have to be sorted and folded." 

When the feeds first came on and for the first little while, I kept forgetting there was a Becky in the house. She would appear occasionally in the early afternoons and be cleaning up the kitchen and that was about all you saw of her (or maybe I just kept missing her). I kept wondering when or if she was going to become a fixture on the feeds and I was dying for her to finally start talking and interacting with the group. Otherwise, she's was as much of an impact on the feeds as a vase in the corner. There was a conversation at Jokers that when Becky finally got called in the DR after not being called for a week, it was probably just because it needed to be cleaned and vacuumed. The Diary Room forgot about her.

Then she opened her mouth and I wished she never had. Her entire appearance is like a really boring commercial for A&F or wherever the hell she works. She should get her own segment on the show: Sweater Folding Techniques with Basic Becky. Or Dating Tips with Basic Becky. "Don't date a guy who doesn't own a headboard for his bed, he's not mature. And no posters on the wall, framed pictures only."

• Love 9

When the feeds first came on and for the first little while, I kept forgetting there was a Becky in the house.

Occasionally I still do.

Then she opened her mouth and I wished she never had. Her entire appearance is like a really boring commercial for A&F or wherever the hell she works.

That perfectly describes her personality.  It's both hilarious yet very fitting that so far her only significant game move was getting upset after a competition.

Based on his DR in the show last night, I wonder if Steve steps up if he thinks she's about to get HOH.

• Love 4
(edited)

What the hell was that DR session about? Steve has some seething hatred for Becky that we've never seen? What? 

Granted, I kind of avoid Steve on the feeds if possible. He's so awkward that he makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I've heard people say that before about people on shows like this and never understood it, but now I do.

Edited by Callaphera

What the hell was that DR session about? Steve has some seething hatred for Becky that we've never seen? What?

Granted, I kind of avoid Steve on the feeds if possible. He's so awkward that he makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I've heard people say

that before about people on shows like this and

never understood it, but now I do.

Apparently Becky has always been really condescending toward Steve, and he overheard her bashing him before the POV.

I can't stand Becky.  I don't even know exactly why, and I don't have the feeds so all I've got is the updates/BBAD/the heavily edited broadcast show to go by, but she is hands down my least favorite HG after Austin.  I'm glad she's hardly ever shown, because when she is she makes me want to change the channel FAST, much like that godawful Kars 4 Kids commercial they always show on Investigation Discovery and USA during SVU marathons (yes, I watch a lot of high quality televison :) )

I really wish I could figure out the reason, but I can't.  I just want to punch her in her trainwrecked face.  I wish Jason was better at this game so he could flip the vote and get rid of her.  And while he's a little too mean spirited for my liking, I do find Jason amusing and would MUCH prefer he stay this week.  Not gonna happen, obviously, but things rarely go the way I want on this show...

• Love 5
(edited)

Queston. Everyone as per usual loathes the Big Alliance. And to be honest The Sixth Sense doesn't bother me because at least they are playing the game while the other side of the house is all in la la land.

Anyway, all pre-season everyone was hoping to have strong females in the house that could dominate. We have several strong females in the house with Vanessa and Shelli leading the way, but everything I've seen on Social Media is just people complaining and saying they are the worst and horrible. I just don't get it. Yes granted Vanessa gets all frantic and runs around like a lunatic but at least her and Shelli talk things out have back up plans for their back up plans and really sit and try and strategize. Is it just because they are in the "big alliance"?

The fans got what they asked for and are all now complaining. I love Jason and I wish he wasn't leaving, but let's be real here his group have basically been lounging around for the last few weeks thinking they are in summer camp and only talking to eachother isn't a good idea. I don't feel sorry for them considering they lost Day then Jeff and they didn't think hmm what can we do.

It might be too late for them to turn this around. But it's never over til it's over.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 12

I'm fine with the big alliance. Vanessa is my favorite player this year, and I don't mind Shelli. Actually, I don't really hate anyone in this house, even though Austin is a bit creepy.

I think it's probably because I took a year off from BB, after BB15, so my last memory of this show is a house full of racists and douchebags. It's kind of like how I used to watch Glee, and because of that, anything else I see on tv seems like Pulitzer Prize material in comparison. I love that the house is run by strong women who aren't threatened by other strong women. I love that the "Alpha" males aren't threatened by strong women and aren't trying to keep all the dudebros in the house. I love that, for the most part, no one has been catty or homophobic or racist. I realize it's a low bar, but it's Big Brother and Aaryn + Mcranda + GinaMarie + Andy set that bar for me.

• Love 13
(edited)

I canceled my live feeds. I don't find these HouseGuest's interesting AT ALL! Jason and his little friends never played! All he did was talk about past seasons. I can't stand Shelli and her son! I can't handle Vanessa's green hat! I want to vomit when I see Austin. And Liz, the way she talks is rediculous! I hope they find more interesting bunch next year and they get rid of botb forever!

Edited by kathybgd
  • Love 4

I like Vanessa too, and probably would like Shelli more if she wasn't attached to the vapid, annoying Clay.  Also Shelli showed she isn't the game player I thought she was when she needlessly lied about not knowing the backdoor Jason plan when it was essentially her idea.  She and Clay were so arrogant that I really think they thought they wouldn't get caught with that one.  Really?  I'm glad they're targets now, because it means the rest of the house is finally playing.  Remains to be seen if they'll actually win anything, and if they do will they be immune to the Shelli/Clay "mist"?  James and Meg are just not bright, but Jackie would definitely go after them.   As for the rest of the alliance, I hate Austin, Liz just makes me uncomfortable at this point because she won't just tell him no, and I think I like Julia and am looking forward to seeing her play as herself.  I can't fault any of them for playing the game (though Austin is playing a terrible one.  I'd like to see him swapped out of that alliance for Johnny Mac or bring Steve in officially).  

I just want to see people PLAYING the game.  I don't even mind Johnny Mac's "do what the HOH wants and act non threatening" strategy - it's working for him.  His social game is great and despite winning 3 vetoes he's not remotely on anyone's radar as a target.  But yeah, the Jason/James/Meg side have been on vacation this whole time.  Jackie, I think there's hope for.  

• Love 4

Anyway, all pre-season everyone was hoping to have strong females in the house that could dominate. We have several strong females in the house with Vanessa and Shelli leading the way, but everything I've seen on Social Media is just people complaining and saying they are the worst and horrible.

I think Vanessa's rather badass myself.   She does  get too worked up, and I never need to hear "bathed in blood" again.  But other than that, I really enjoy watching her play and go through her options.  I thought it was brilliant after she got past not wanting to be HOH how she decided to use Austin's lies against him.  That was beautiful, but I really like her letting him know who's boss.

I still find it amusing yet rather sad that for all of Jason's supafan and insider knowledge, he had no clear idea on how to effectively apply most of that knowledge.

• Love 9

First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm one of those in the minority who dig the Sixth Sense and am rooting for them, particularly Vanessa and Shelli. Yes, both of them have their frustrating and annoying moments, but we finally have two relatively sane, strong women who are basically running things in the house (I guess we can debate Vanessa's sanity with her frantic HOH reigns; but at the core, I think she's a normal decent human being. Shelli as well). Season after season, we've been inflicted with disappointing female players, and now we finally have two gals who are playing the heck out of this game (certainly not flawlessly, but I'll take it).

The level of disdain for Vanessa saddens me a bit. Although she frustrates me to the point of wanting to bash my head against the wall, and there are moments of hypocrisy and self-righteousness, I see her more redeeming qualities when she's kind and patient with Steve or in her less frantic moments, when she's calmly strategizing with Shelli and Clay. I can't not root for her. 

• Love 16

I don't dislike Vanessa. I just find her particular brand of gameplay really irritating to watch. Justifying every single move with some bullshit excuse is just exhausting and pointless. The object of this game is to not be voted out. It's not some search for moral justification of every single move. 

I don't even mind Shelli, I just find her incredibly fake. And her with Clay is just vomit inducing. She's strong and playing a great game though. No denying that. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't really mind Vanessa needing an excuse to put someone up at this point, because she's playing the game long-term. She's trying to piss off a minimal amount of people, to further her place, which so far has worked, since she backed out of 2 separate house plans, and still isn't even on a Top 5 target list of anyone in the house, at this point. 

I will admit to also liking Vanessa on a personal level, because I have a lot of respect for a woman who can go into a professional field dominated by men and be very successful. And the fact that she's LGBTQ is a plus too.

Back to the feeds, I was watching a 6th Sense conversation from last night, and Austin was talking about how, if they win HOH, they can put him up as a pawn to blatantly throw the comp and ensure they stay HOH. For example, if he had played in the paint one (that Liz and James won), he would have just poured the paint on the floor to sabotage it. And this is one of the main problems with BotB. Being able to legally pull stuff like that. It's all such a waste of time. I mean, fair enough, if that's how he wants to play it, but in terms of the game, generally speaking, BotB is such a terrible twist. Doing what JMac and James did to throw comps is really not the same as a blatant sabotage, like pouring out paint.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

I think part of the reason that Vanessa stresses "reasons" is because she knows the dynamic of the house. The people she is playing with are all emotional players. I think if Vanessa is still around, as time passes we will see less hesitation from her. I think she's grooming her army of followers and gearing up for the war that is inevitable with Shelli. Vanessa is strategically removing all of the summer camp people who Shelli and Clay favored and had relationships with. At the same time she is  fostering relationships with the "strays". It may be slow going now but once BOB is over and the floaters are gone I think we are going to be in for a treat.

Still team Vanessa and Steve.

• Love 8

I think it's possible to like someone as a player, while disliking their personality. That's where I'm at with Shelli right now, and I'm getting there with Vanessa. They've both let their power go to their heads and are starting to come off too arrogant for my taste. Also, there's some resentment towards them for being so in control that the game isn't very interesting to watch right now, IMO. I was fascinated by both of them as they rose to power and set themselves up to be in control, but it's nowhere near as fun to watch them remain in power week after week. I guess I need to see them continually challenged in order to keep appreciating their gameplay. This is why I want them to turn against each other, because I don't think either would be able to dominate the other the way they can dominate the rest of the house when working together.

But I do still see that their ability to make the game boring for me to watch is, for them, a strength. If I were in their shoes, I'd be trying to keep things as predictable as possible if that led me to victory. I'd just try not to be as condescending to the other players as they've become.

So like with my opinion of every other human being in the world, it's complicated. There are things to like, and things to dislike. The fact that they're women is kinda irrelevant to me. I'm not going to ignore what I dislike about them just because this show is so historically sexist.

And just to keep it on topic, the feeds are boring as fuck now. I've canceled, too. :/

• Love 2

Well it's nice to see at least on here that not everyone hates The Sixth Sense.

I do agree with the above poster that it is going to be an inevitable Shelli v. Vanessa showdown and Shelli is going to be SOL cuz her side allies are getting voted out or have turned against her. Vanessa is in a great spot right now. Granted that could all change come tonight.

It's a big mountain the 3 lone wolves have to climb. Basically right now it's 9 v. 3.

• Love 2

Yes granted Vanessa gets all frantic and runs around like a lunatic but at least her and Shelli talk things out have back up plans for their back up plans and really sit and try and strategize.

I guess we can debate Vanessa's sanity with her frantic HOH reigns; but at the core, I think she's a normal decent human being.

I think Vanessa's rather badass myself.   She does  get too worked up, and I never need to hear "bathed in blood" again.  But other than that, I really enjoy watching her play and go through her options.  I thought it was brilliant after she got past not wanting to be HOH how she decided to use Austin's lies against him.  That was beautiful, but I really like her letting him know who's boss.

I think I have a little different take on Vanessa's more amped-up moments than some (most?) of the other PrevPosters here. At different times I've seen her referred to as panicky / psychotic / freaked-out / etc., etc. - but I think the actual explanations are much simpler:

• Vanessa is an emotional player - by which I mean (a) she isn't afraid of her own emotions and is comfortable with their display, and (b) she know how to channel and project them to impact a conversation or interaction with others. What I've observed most of the time - in this House - is what are commonly labeled V's more "psycho" or "freaked-out" moments are her open displays of frustration venting, which is usually understandable considering the group of NASA engineers with whom she has to work. It's difficult to be nice to someone when the burning question in your mind is, "how in blue holy fuck did you think this could in any alternative universe be construed as a good move, Austin???" And I also think that with some people (example: Austin) the display of emotion does a helluva lot better job of communicating the message - and scaring him straight - than any amount of calm wording ever could. Because we've all seen just how well talking nice has worked for Liz. So yeah, V is an emotional player - and I'm glad of it, because the last thing we needed this season was a female version of Derrick.
  • V is also an extremely intelligent player - scary extreme, I'm starting to think. At different times in my career I've been fortunate enough to work around several extremely intelligent types, and one thing I've noticed when they get in their "zone" brain-wise is this: their mouths don't stand a chance in hell of keeping up with their stream of thought, and what does come out of their mouths sounds a little like vocal diarrhea. And I think this is what's happening on many of the occasions Vanessa has been described as "manic".

I still find it amusing yet rather sad that for all of Jason's supafan and insider knowledge, he had no clear idea on how to effectively apply most of that knowledge.

Snarky bitter version of Donny, table for one.

Er - you don't mind if we seat you next to the kitchen, do you...?

• Love 10

V is also an extremely intelligent player - scary extreme, I'm starting to think. At different times in my career I've been fortunate enough to work around several extremely intelligent types, and one thing I've noticed when they get in their "zone" brain-wise is this: their mouths don't stand a chance in hell of keeping up with their stream of thought, and what does come out of their mouths sounds a little like vocal diarrhea. And I think this is what's happening on many of the occasions Vanessa has been described as "manic".

Yes, I think Vanessa is super duper scary smart (as opposed to me who uses "super duper" to describe someone's intelligence level.) I've found her to be one of the more compelling HGs to watch on the feeds in the show's history, particularly during strategic conversations. While she's listening and absorbing information from others, her expressions indicate a brain that is churning at 800 mph so that when she speaks it comes out like you reference above. 

• Love 7

I think it would be cool to see Vanessa in an All Stars season, with other people who are good at what they do. It's why I don't even mind when she and Shelli talk about how they're dominating**, because they really are and they're only stating the obvious. And I wonder if Vanessa is just extremely good at what she does and happens to be in a power alliance with the other heavy hitter, or if it's because she's surrounded by idiots so it's skewing my view of her gameplay. 

I agree it is interesting to watch her mind work both when she's discussing strategy with Clay and Shelli, and when she's fishing and observing with people outside of her core alliance. I wish the broadcast shows would air more DRs where we get to see where everyone's minds really are, instead of canned responses to competitions.

**Sidenote: Vanessa, Shelli, and Clay were talking about what their 3-person alliance name is, and Shelli said they can't use Three's Company bc it's copyrighted. Clay then said something about Third Wheel, and Vanessa groaned and was like, I don't wanna be a third wheel, and Shelli said that actually Clay was really the third wheel. It's funny 'cause it's true.

• Love 6

I'm not denying that Vanessa and Shelli are playing good games but lets pump the brakes on anointing them as All-Star worthy. We haven't even seen how they play when they're not in power. I actually think Vanessa is better off, but Shelli I'm not so sure. I could see her losing it if she was ever nominated with Clay. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not denying that Vanessa and Shelli are playing good games but lets pump the brakes on anointing them as All-Star worthy. We haven't even seen how they play when they're not in power. I actually think Vanessa is better off, but Shelli I'm not so sure. I could see her losing it if she was ever nominated with Clay. 

Considering players like Mike Boogie (who WON) and Chicken George were in the All Stars game last time, Vanessa isn't a stretch. My point wasn't that she should be cast in the next All Stars cast (I agree it's too early for that anyway) though, it was that I'd like to see her playing the game with people who are actually good at the game, which is mostly what All Stars is. As opposed to people like Meg, Jason, James, Becky, etc. Because I'm not sure if my view of her gameplay is accurate, since it's almost like putting a shark in a fish tank.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 6

Vanessa graduated HS with a 4.0 GPA, graduated Duke in 2.5 years - the shortest time in the history of Duke, and was in the top 5% of her class in law school so safe to say that Vanessa is very smart. She also studied game theory in college and ran poker boot camps based on Sun Tzu's Art of War. I looked up her Wikipedia page. She may come off as manic sometimes but like the person above said I think it's because her brain is in over drive sometimes.

• Love 8

To me, Vanessa is like the Rube Goldberg of BB players. She goes through about 50 steps to reach the same place that would normally take 1 or 2.

Yup. She's just like Nicole. I LOVED Nicole. Watching Nicole melt down, march Hardy around, and secretly wanting to hate fuck Will is the entire reason I'm fan of this terrible terrible amazing wonderful show.

• Love 8

Vanessa graduated HS with a 4.0 GPA, graduated Duke in 2.5 years - the shortest time in the history of Duke, and was in the top 5% of her class in law school so safe to say that Vanessa is very smart. She also studied game theory in college and ran poker boot camps based on Sun Tzu's Art of War. I looked up her Wikipedia page. She may come off as manic sometimes but like the person above said I think it's because her brain is in over drive sometimes.

Seems like a common thing for people who take Adderall. 

Jason is currently asleep at 1:30 in the afternoon the day of his eviction.  And he wonders why he's going home.

He didn't get out of bed yesterday until around 3:30. Then he got up, ate something, took a shower, and went back to bed.

• Love 1

Jason is currently asleep at 1:30 in the afternoon the day of his eviction.  And he wonders why he's going home.

Ridiculous. I felt compassion for him when he was crying to Meg about how BB was supposed to be the way out of his shitty life (his words, not mine), but I have absolutely no sympathy for HGs who don't fight to stay in the house. Meg campaigned for him more than he did for himself. Jeff and Jace were annoying and clueless about their inevitable demise, but at least they tried for pete's sake. 

I didn't hear it, but according to Jokers, James said they're wearing athletic gear tonight. PLEASE be endurance! I wonder if it will be a shortened endurance like the slippery one. It can be long, but has an end in sight.