Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Meg and Julia though, I don't know. Meg sometimes, very rarely, will have a moment where she seems to be thinking, but it's always so fleeting and then she just goes back to her Summer Camp!!!! mindset. Julia just seems very weak to me. She just seems like the type of player that needs another player to tell her what to do at all times. I like both Meg and Julia as people though, probably more than I like anyone else.

I think that Meg is the epitome of a recruit. She's not stupid and her social game is great, but I think that's not so much a conscious decision she made as her strategy - she's just a nice person thankful to have the opportunity. Whereas players like Steve, Vanessa, Austin (although I agree about the burnout) have wanted this for years and care less about the opportunity to have fun and make friends and more about the opportunity to win and not waste your chance. I can totally see how it's easier to relax as a recruit because you really are lucky to be there.

Julia had come in as The Other One and is taking advantage of being the third wheel of a showmance. She hasn't had do work too much because Austin set himself up as a shield before she was even officially a HG. It's hard to say about her because there's really no reason for get to do anything else.

• Love 6

I think, if I remember correctly, Vanessa brought this up to Steve about him possibly having Asperger's, because you know Vanessa has to blurt out anything she's thinking. And Steve replied along the lines of 'that would make sense'. So I guess he never actually got diagnosed, but it's certainly possible he's on the spectrum somewhere.

To be fair, during the conversation, Steve was talking about his inability to read social cues and how he can't read people's emotions or tell when people are upset or annoyed or angry. Vanessa said that her mom works with a lot of children on the spectrum, and that what Steve is talking about is one of the symptom's of Asperger's and asked if he'd ever been tested.

I don't agree.  I think Austin is playing quite well right now steering a team of three as far as he can toward the final.  Look, I loathe what I know of the guy, but I can see he's playing the game.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely think Austin is playing. I just think his game is a subset of Liz's. Liz is calling the shots. IMO Austin would totally be down to evict Steve and keep JMac, but Liz and Julia aren't having it, and I'm pretty sure JMac will get evicted because of it. And, I also think that he's probably done when Liz gets evicted, whereas Liz will still be in it to win it should Austin go first.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

She has two for sure jury votes, and yes she's incredibly bitchy and cruel toward people, but she's got Austin as a bigger target (well, supposedly). 

To Liz's credit though, she is not bitchy and cruel to people's faces lol.

Julia had come in as The Other One and is taking advantage of being the third wheel of a showmance. She hasn't had do work too much because Austin set himself up as a shield before she was even officially a HG. It's hard to say about her because there's really no reason for get to do anything else.

This is a good point. She doesn't really have to do anything and maybe she's actually being smart by not playing for the sake of playing. Porsche also didn't have to do anything in BB13 and then when she did need to she got shit done. I would like to see how Julia would play without Liz and Austin. Although, since it's so late in the game, even if/when those two go I don't think we'll get a very good feel for how she can play.

Steve has never been tested for it, so obviously his mom doesn't know for sure either.

All I know is Steve's mother got very defensive on twitter about the suggestions that he has Asperger's.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Nope. They have to protect their fave.

His mom said on twitter that he does not have Asperger's.

This is exactly what I mean about the portrayel of John versus Victoria. She was a dumb girl too attached. John has the most confusing moment of the year, totally funny and head scratching that it was brought up by feeders and HGs multiple times, and he's still edited as a BB centerpiece. When I talk about the men versus women HG debate, I think BB production is worse than any feed watcher.

And, yeah, Steve has no excuses for how he acts then and I definitely think he's playing it up.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

And, I also think that he's probably done when Liz gets evicted, whereas Liz will still be in it to win it should Austin go first.

We likely shall never know, but I bet you, not just a quarter, but a full fifty cents, that even if Liz goes, Austin will still go for the win.  And for official betting purposes, my reference to Austin includes Judas:)  He will only "self-sacrifice" to be with his lady when he can't win.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

We likely shall never know, but I bet you, not just a quarter, but a full fifty cents, that even if Liz goes, Austin will still go for the win. And for official betting purposes, my reference to Austin includes Judas:) He will only "self-sacrifice" when he can't win.

I'd bet that he would go on and on about avenging his lady and winning for love and all that barftastic Judas drivel.

• Love 3

The people I know who have Aspergers would never do anything remotely like going on this show.  It's the polar opposite of their preferred environment (private, controlled by them, no socializing needed, no ridiculing likely).  

If anyone's curious about it, there are online self-assessments that can give you an idea of how likely you are to have it.  

The thing is, Austin will barely even let Liz out of his sight. She tried to lay down in the comic room yesterday, and he wouldn't allow it, went in and bothered her, and made her come upstairs to the HOH room. I don't know how he'd survive more than a week without her.

The people I know who have Aspergers would never do anything remotely like going on this show.  It's the polar opposite of their preferred environment (private, controlled by them, no socializing needed, no ridiculing likely).  

Steve has talked with Vanessa a lot about how this is completely away from his comfort zone and he still can't believe he's actually doing it. And it's completely unlike him or anything he's ever done. He also said he'd never go on any other reality show, but BB has been his life for so long. He doesn't care about Survivor or TAR or anything like that.

• Love 1

This is exactly what I mean about the portrayel of John versus Victoria. She was a dumb girl too attached. John has the most confusing moment of the year, totally funny and head scratching that it was brought up by feeders and HGs multiple times, and he's still edited as a BB centerpiece. When I talk about the men versus women HG debate, I think BB production is worse than any feed watcher.

And, yeah, Steve has no excuses for how he acts then and I definitely think he's playing it up.

The issue with the John/Victoria comparison in this aspect is that John legitimately gives production another angle to play up.  He is a character so they are going to edit him to fit a character type.  That is something that production couldn't really do with Victoria because she was such a non-entity.

• Love 1

The issue with the John/Victoria comparison in this aspect is that John legitimately gives production another angle to play up. He is a character so they are going to edit him to fit a character type. That is something that production couldn't really do with Victoria because she was such a non-entity.

You mean the crow story wasn't enough to work with?! I do remember liking Victoria a lot more from watching the feeds, but understanding how show watchers saw her based on the edit.

Yeah, I don't think they're a perfect comparison either. But I still stand by how Big Brother edits men versus women, although there are exceptions.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Steve has definitely talked about his socisl awkwardness and how it's affected his life outside the house. Could he be playing it up for strategy? Of course, he probably is, to some degree. But it's definitely a real thing.

One thing Steve has talked about a bunch of times is how production/casting kept comparing him to Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory (CBS even put some weird article on their website comparing Steve to Sheldon). Steve said he doesn't really understand completely because he doesn't watch the show but that he gets that a lot. He asked Shelli (who was a fan of the show) if she understood (which she said she did). And he told her about how his friend made a "sarcasm" sign for him due to his inability to recognize sarcasm because in one episode Leonard makes a sarcasm sign for Sheldon because Sheldon can't recognize sarcasm. He said that this friend saw this episode and thought it was "so Steve" and so she made a sarcasm sign which she carried around in her backpack and would actually use.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 2

Didn't she say to Jason on Eviction Day that his suitcase was ready to be used or something like that? I think Jason will definitely come out with a great verbal swipe at Liz on Finale Night and it will be beautiful.

This is a good point. She doesn't really have to do anything and maybe she's actually being smart by not playing for the sake of playing. Porsche also didn't have to do anything in BB13 and then when she did need to she got shit done. I would like to see how Julia would play without Liz and Austin. Although, since it's so late in the game, even if/when those two go I don't think we'll get a very good feel for how she can play.

All I know is Steve's mother got very defensive on twitter about the suggestions that he has Asperger's.

I would be surprised if she thinks it's an incredibly negative thing and refuses to believe that her baby is anything but 'normal'.  Of course it's not a negative thing but I'm sure he could adjust better in life if he was diagnosed with something instead of just being considering weird.

During Steve's intro he talked about being awkward so I don't think it's a game strategy at all. 

The issue with the John/Victoria comparison in this aspect is that John legitimately gives production another angle to play up.  He is a character so they are going to edit him to fit a character type.  That is something that production couldn't really do with Victoria because she was such a non-entity.

They did give Victoria a character type though, it was 'vapid, shallow woman.' John gets to be 'lovable, quirky hero.' Even the edits are about perception of the audience though. Because I thought Victoria came off funny and cute on the show, but I see John as dumb and annoying. But I still know what the show wants me to see.

Didn't she say to Jason on Eviction Day that his suitcase was ready to be used or something like that? I think Jason will definitely come out with a great verbal swipe at Liz on Finale Night and it will be beautiful.

Jason was calling Liz a prostitute and a whore, so he can stfu and take a seat if he's mad about her using his own whining about living at home against him. 

And that just reminded me of how glad I am Jason went early. He was truly awful. Such a hateful, gross boy. I don't think I ever would've grown to like Meg/Jackie/James as much as I do if he had stayed in the game longer.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I know several folks whose kids have been diagnosed with Aspergers or Autism and who have said they don't believe the diagnosis. It is possible that Steve's Mother did not allow him to be tested in school because he was doing well in his classes and, while socially ackward, had enough friends and the like that she wasn't worried. Heck, I know people whose kids have been diagnosed with ADHD and Learning Disabilities who have refused to tell their childs teachers.

So Steve could very well have Aspergers and his family choose not to accept that possibility because they wanted to avoid labels and the like. His Mother could be in demial because she does not want to admit that her son has some type of nuerological/behaviorial issue.

Steve sure acts like someone with Asperger's. It is clear that he is smart and fully able to function, he just struggles with social issues. Big Brother is not ideal for him but he is there and he is doing his best. I am not a fan of his but good for him for pushing out of his comfort zone and trying to grow as a person.

• Love 7

Derrick is doing a chat on the feeds right now and because apparently I'm a masochistic I'm following it. He just said, "I would like to see former houseguest enter the house as a twist and give them some advice. Maybe a "Puppet Master" Competition as well..;)" If this is some kind of real tease I'm gonna riot. Keep Derrick away from this show forever, please! 

Also, does he not realize that if they had a Puppet Master comp that his fave John would lose handily and his most hated Vanessa would win?

• Love 5

They did give Victoria a character type though, it was 'vapid, shallow woman.' John gets to be 'lovable, quirky hero.' Even the edits are about perception of the audience though. Because I thought Victoria came off funny and cute on the show, but I see John as dumb and annoying. But I still know what the show wants me to see.

I guess its a mileage may vary thing because I didn't think Victoria's edit missed the mark by much.  I will concede though that I too think they edit John favorably.  He's much more entertaining on the show then anything I have seen on the feeds.

• Love 1

She laid in bed about 10 minutes afterwards, and then suddenly popped up out of bed and said she had an idea, and then proceeded to go outside and stand around staring at everyone.

Her brain has to be going 100 mph right now.

The longer Vanessa is her house, the more her gameplay reminds me of Audrey's.

I think it's a little difficult too. I remember last year there was so much more animosity and outright hatred expressed for Derrick and no one thought it was because he was a man. He actually played a pretty inoffensive game, but he was hated for being boring, phony, and talking too much about playing for his daughter.

I didn't mind his gameplay at all, and agree that he deserved to win. However, I hated that he did because he constantly invoked the image of his starving daughter, and because he lied in his DRs to us, the viewing audience! How dare he? Weasel.

Maybe here, on the Internet -- but the show certainly doesn't treat Derrick as boring or forgettable. They treat him as a genius, the latest to join the Big Brother hall of fame of game geniuses, including Dan and Dr. Will. The women they've brought back? Rachel is treated as a showmance joke: her comp wins/record and game win nearly entirely disregarded. Jordan is best known for her real life showmance with Jeff more than the fact that she won the game. Britney seems to be brought back for her amusing commentary, not her game acumen. But Cody, the big, dumb puppy dog, gets partial credit for being the genius' teammate.

I'm seeing it now in how the show is edited -- Vanessa is crazy and everyone hates her. The (from my standpoint, reading this thread) incredible ovaries-to-the-wall, hail Mary gameplay -- including comp wins -- that has saved her from certain eviction week after week is treated as a joke by the show or others are allowed to take credit in the DR for not putting her up. She has been portrayed as "lucky" and I absolutely believe if she somehow does win, she won't join the Big Brother strategic mastermind hall of fame (I know the contestants have given her credit -- I'm talking about the show). Because she cries and she's manic and she talks a mile a minute, and her lies aren't charming like Dr. Will, or affable like Dan or as professionally precise as (ugh) Derrick. In other words, she's not playing a "man's" game: strategic, surgical, where emotion is employed as strategy not because it's the player's natural state.

Much is made of Jeff Probst's archetypal winner on Survivor (the Alpha male), but this show has one, too, and women don't fit into that mold. This show has never given a woman credit for a great game years later. I don't care if they didn't want to come back or not -- it doesn't erase them from history. Except in the case where it does.

Amen to all of that. Best example of that is Jun, who was mentioned up thread (I thought I had quoted that post, too, but apparently not). She's never even been asked to be on All-Stars.

Oh my. Meg would probably put up James and Jackie, if the Austwins told her to.

And then she would stunned when one of her peeps went home.

• Love 5

I actually thought that Derrick played a very personal, kind of slimey game. Which is fair enough in game terms, but I never bought him as a "nice" guy or someone who truly gave a fuck about his fellow HGs. Part of it was that he was playing a bunch of really young, dumb (at least in terms of the game and, in some cases, just in general), impressionable people and they were so unmatched that it made it very easy for him to manipulate and control them. But still, the way he defined "having a family" as being married with a kid so that none of his young alliance members qualified and then made them feel guilty for wanting to "take food out of his daughter's mouth" and the way he generally played on their emotional neediness and immaturity while always keeping his eye on every single penny he could get for himself was kind of gross.

• Love 8

Oh my. Meg would probably put up James and Jackie, if the Austwins told her to.

And then she would stunned when one of her peeps went home.

And then blame Vanessa.

Yall I think they're really considering this Rock Paper Scissors thing. 

• Love 1

I hope they do this Rock Paper Scissors nonsense.  And then I hope whichever one gets booted comes right back in, and one of them wins HOH.  Because I want this to blow up in Austin's famewhore face.  All he cares about is "good TV", not knowing that he's both irritating and boring on the show.  Ass.

• Love 9

Vanessa, Austin, and Meg are totally on board with the Rock Paper Scissors idea. They want to have a house meeting today, with everyone, and tell John and Steve about Rock Paper Scissors. I'm dying yall. This is so ridiculous and insane. 

• Love 3

Yall I think they're really considering this Rock Paper Scissors thing.

Are John and Steve in on this? I can see John not GAF and gambling because they want him out anyway, but Steve? No way.

I will laugh if John and Steve keep tying. 

Edited by blixie

Are John and Steve in on this? I can see John not GAF and gambling because they want him out anyway, but Steve? No way.

Austin said if one refuses, then they're conceding. 

Now, they think maybe they'll all vote individually on who they want out, without telling each other how they're voting (not even the twins can tell each other), so that everyone will truly be surprised on Thursday night.

• Love 2

Meg at least has some semblance of social skills. Julia is useless and unlikable. She is easily the worst player of the season.

I know.

What happened?

When the Twin Twist was still in effect, Julia was the one the HGs referred to as "Nice Liz", or the Helga in "Helga and Cruella".

I can only surmise Liz and Julia bring out the worst in each other when they're in constant contact.

• Love 1

without telling each other how they're voting (not even the twins can tell each other), so that everyone will truly be surprised on Thursday night.

Oh you mean the way the game  used to actually be played, that's crazy talk ANONYMOUS votes always!

I can only surmise Liz and Julia bring out the worst in each other when they're in constant contact.

Eh I think Julia could  play the shit out of the game, but Liz is the dominant Twin I'd guess in RL, and she was the one who was actually recruited and got to play in the house above board, so Julia's whole game is indebted to her not getting voted out, which is also partly because of Tuna Beard Austin. She's mentioned how much it inhibited her ability to build her own game distinct from Liztin, and I still have faith she will flip their shit and plot against Austin at least, and she was  hanging tough in the slip and slide comp, so I think she could pull one out if she really tried. I'm not totally sure she has been though. I'm still rooting for her after Vanessa, and wouldn't mind James-uh or Steve-uh win either.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 6

What is the point of all of this rock, paper, scissors nonsense? To avoid anyone getting blood on their hands? Do they have  so little respect for Jon/Steve that they believe that after actually being voted out they'll believe that everyone is still on their side?

• Love 2

Austin said if one refuses, then they're conceding. 

Doesn't that break - or at least severely bend - one of the rules of being HoH?

Not trying to be purposely vague here; it just seems something is tweaking on one of the wispy cobweb strands I used to call a memory, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Now, they think maybe they'll all vote individually on who they want out, without telling each other how they're voting (not even the twins can tell each other), so that everyone will truly be surprised on Thursday night.

Wow. Like, what a totally unique and thought-provoking concept. [/sarcasm]

• Love 1
But the biggest bullet point of all... You're on reality tv and could pull a Rachel/Brendan/Jeff/Jordan/Hayden/whoever and land future reality show gigs and be able to give up that waitressing or cashiering or personal training job forever. 

Yes but the odds of that happening are probably about the same as the average college football or basketball player getting drafted into the NFL or NBA. Meanwhile, the colleges and NCAA make millions off their performances in exchange for a largely free education. Similarly, I think by far CBS and its advertisers are getting the better end of the deal with Big Brother. Most of the BB players are never heard from again after their season is over.

Steve HAS to have some form of Aspergers. His mannerisms just don't make any sense otherwise.

At one time pretty much everyone thought the world was flat. We now know how that turned out. IMO us people on the internet--even those possessing relevant education and training--might want to exercise caution trying to pin a diagnosis on Steve simply on the basis of how he acts on TV. I think there are plenty of other reasons why someone might be socially awkward, and perhaps his mother is bristling a the idea of strangers stereotyping her kid.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

At one time pretty much everyone thought the world was flat. We now know how that turned out. IMO us people on the internet--even those possessing relevant education and training--might want to exercise caution trying to pin a diagnosis on Steve simply on the basis of how he acts on TV. I think here are plenty of other reasons why someone might be socially awkward, and perhaps his mother is bristling a the idea of strangers stereotyping her kid.

Yeah, if he doesn't say he was diagnosed or anything, I'm not comfortable saying he had Aspergers since I'm positive he and his family know better than me.

He doesn't know boundaries. The fact that he's socially awkward doesn't excuse the way he acts for me because it would make me super uncomfortable to live with him - and, from what I've read, it seems Meg feels that way too. It's enough that I have to hear his, "Hi, Julie!" every week.

Vanessa's probably praying it's Rock, Paper, Scissors so she doesn't have to make a choice and there's a 50/50 shot she can keep John without making enemies.

There's no way they do an independent vote. They are way too groupthink for that.

• Love 5

But the biggest bullet point of all... You're on reality tv and could pull a Rachel/Brendan/Jeff/Jordan/Hayden/whoever and land future reality show gigs and be able to give up that waitressing or cashiering or personal training job forever.

Let's see... 5 HGs out of 212 equals a 2.4% chance of semi-fame. With odds like that, who can lose? ;>

While the rock paper scissors idea keeps getting brought up, I think they ultimately realize that it would make them all look bad. James said last night that it would make them look like bullies and Meg just said it would make them look horrible. Meg also said that she wouldn't want to do that to Steve. I think they've dropped the idea. Vanessa's now proposing a secret vote where no one, including the nominees knows who's voting which way and they'll all just decide in the moment in the DR.

• Love 2

Let's see... 5 HGs out of 212 equals a 2.4% chance of semi-fame. With odds like that, who can lose? ;>

I haven't watched this for many seasons.  I bet a good half the HGs have more opportunities after being on the show than before, wouldn't you think?  They're not all opportunities like running TAR but I bet the exposure has opened doors.  Or at least the waitresses get bigger tips and the personal trainers get more clients.  What do they have to lose?  Well, besides respect and possibly their current job if they're a bigot or racist...

So apparently, Liz might want Steve out now. Which IMO is a terrible move for the Austwins, but a great move for Vanessa, Meg, and James. And the returning juror, too.  I mean, she might just be talking, because that's all people do in the house, but she's a lot more receptive to JMac staying than she was yesterday.

Edited by Ceeg

I haven't watched this for many seasons.  I bet a good half the HGs have more opportunities after being on the show than before, wouldn't you think?  They're not all opportunities like running TAR but I bet the exposure has opened doors.  Or at least the waitresses get bigger tips and the personal trainers get more clients.  What do they have to lose?  Well, besides respect and possibly their current job if they're a bigot or racist...

There are a certain number of new opportunities - appearances, autograph signings, etc. - but I'd be shocked if the sum total net income from such endeavors approached a living wage. The only ones I've perceived to make a REAL profit from their appearance have been the multi-winners such as Rachel or Dan who garnered enough of a fan base to support their attempts to extend past the initial famedom - Rachel taking the show on the road with TAR and other reality shows, for example, or Dan and his books.

Now, Austin wants to make an alliance with John but set Vanessa up so she votes him out. That way, if he comes back, he doesn't hate them, he'll hate her! I don't think Austin realizes it's not about hate with him, it's about numbers. It took a few weeks, but John's finally done the math.

Vanessa woke Steve up like a spirit and said "If Becky won OTEV, was I the backdoor?" Steve struggled with the answer, "I don't think so, but I can't say for sure." And she whisked away. 

Now what does she have brewing?

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Now, Austin wants to make an alliance with John but set Vanessa up so she votes him out. That way, if he comes back, he doesn't hate them, he'll hate her! I don't think Austin realizes it's not about hate with him, it's about numbers. It took a few weeks, but John's finally done the math.

Austin told Vanessa this plan this morning, before Meg walked in and they started talking Rock Paper Scissors. Vanessa was like ..........

Now what does she have brewing?

I really wish Vanessa would devise a plan to evict the Austwins next week, but I think she's gone all in with them and there's nothing she can do anymore. She's gotta rely on someone else doing it, without completely throwing them under the bus.

• Love 2

I am constantly amazed about the # of relative no names in Hollywood (Haylie Duff is a good example) and how well they live on an number of projects so I can buy, the bartenders and waiters are better off post BB than before BB.

So apparently, Liz might want Steve out now. Which IMO is a terrible move for the Austwins, but a great move for Vanessa,

Interesting I just checked in and Vanessa went to see Steve and asked if she was a Back Door option duirng Liz's HoH (specifically if Becky won Veto, was she the BD)I think she's looking for The Reason she can turn on what the Austwins want for their game (Steve) and what Vanessa wants for hers (Johnny Mac). I actually do think if there is any week they could flip a coin it would be this week since these dudes are such weird/bad players that I can't imagine any one's game is absolutely improved or damaged with one v. the other.

• Love 1

Austin told Vanessa this plan this morning, before Meg walked in and they started talking Rock Paper Scissors. Vanessa was like ..........

I really wish Vanessa would devise a plan to evict the Austwins next week, but I think she's gone all in with them and there's nothing she can do anymore. She's gotta rely on someone else doing it, without completely throwing them under the bus.

And the more she pushes for John, the more they'll want Steve to stay.

I went back to see Vanessa and Meg talk game, which was so strange. It was as if a lion and a gazelle hung out in a bathroom and debated who to kill next...

• Love 2

I went back to see Vanessa and Meg talk game, which was so strange. It was as if a lion and a gazelle hung out in a bathroom and debated who to kill next...

Yeah, it was really weird and funny. I feel like Meg saw a tiny portion of what goes on in Vanessa's mind 24/7, and she was in over her head.

I'm really interested to see Vanessa's DRs (hopefully they'll show more than one) the next two episodes, so I can see where her head is, wrt the Austwins. Does she trust them? Is she looking for The Reason ? 

• Love 1

Yeah, it was really weird and funny. I feel like Meg saw a tiny portion of what goes on in Vanessa's mind 24/7, and she was in over her head.

Can't imagine why the phrase "MY GOD! IT'S FULL OF STARS!!!" just leapt to mind....

I'm really interested to see Vanessa's DRs (hopefully they'll show more than one) the next two episodes, so I can see where her head is, wrt the Austwins. Does she trust them? Is she looking for The Reason ?

So - Hoobastank filed for copyright infringement yet?

• Love 4

I actually thought that Derrick played a very personal, kind of slimey game. Which is fair enough in game terms, but I never bought him as a "nice" guy or someone who truly gave a fuck about his fellow HGs. Part of it was that he was playing a bunch of really young, dumb (at least in terms of the game and, in some cases, just in general), impressionable people and they were so unmatched that it made it very easy for him to manipulate and control them. But still, the way he defined "having a family" as being married with a kid so that none of his young alliance members qualified and then made them feel guilty for wanting to "take food out of his daughter's mouth" and the way he generally played on their emotional neediness and immaturity while always keeping his eye on every single penny he could get for himself was kind of gross.

This is what I mean. You didn't like the way he played the game. It had nothing to do with him being a man and you aren't a man hater because you didn't like Derrick. I don't think I'm a misogynist to any degree because I don't like Vanessa's style of playing.

• Love 7

Meg was probably like, "What a downer. Is it time for potball yet?"

I feel like DRs tell me less and less every season. I always can't wait to hear what they're all thinking, and then it's just DRs narrating what's on the screen already with some jokes.

Now John's on the block so it will probably be all John all the time. I recently re-watched an episode of Season 3 and the sessions were so much more interesting without the one liners.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9