Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

James, Jackie, Meg inadvertently saved themselves with Austin and the twins. Before the vote flipped back to Vanessa staying Liz and Austin both said they weren't sticking to the deal and were putting them up if they won HOH. Now the two trios are back to being kosher with each other and are targeting the same people. 

I get the argument that Vanessa is a much more dangerous player than Shelli but I think for the survival of James' side this is the correct move. It will piss Becky off but it buys them a little more safety. And if JMac goes this week, Becky doesn't really have anywhere else to turn.

The only danger would be JMac winning the DE HOH but I still think he would target Vanessa with Austin as a backdoor if she came down. Steve I'm not so sure.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

I want Shellli to be completely blindsided in the first eviction and then I want John to win HOH, nominate pawns, Becky win veto, Vanessa gets evicted. Shelli and Vanessa both going in the DE would really change up the game. They're the leaders right now and it would be interested to see how all the minions move forward without them there.

• Love 19

So....Vanessa has a chance at staying? I mean, she could actually leave Thursday, but it might not be by Becky's hand? Glorious. I literally lost hope this week because I genuinely want Vanessa to win (more than anyone else on this season, anyway) so I thought her game was 100% screwed. If she does make it through, especially after being the 100% target not even two days ago, then I will be rooting for her for the rest of the game.

Steve....yeah, he's a nice guy and I like him as a person, but I'd be ok if he goes for the DE. I'd rather it be Austin or Becky, to be honest, but I'm ok if it's Steve.

Im sure Vanessa is saving Austin's eviction for later so he wont be able to return to the game. Vanessa knows how her alliance shitted on her Monday. Vanessa never forgets.

And I agree about Steve. Cute and likeable guy but hes miscalculated Vanessa's intelligence to this game. Don't you know he was even trying to lie about last year's reset button to Vanessa's face testing the waters if he could effectively lie to her since he failed miserably most of this week. Vanessa might act like she doesnt or appear to be a superfan like Steve but I can tell shes studied BB5, BB8, BB10, and BB16. she taking a little bit of Nakomis' game, Evel's game, Dan's game and some of Derrick's game made it her own.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I want Shellli to be completely blindsided in the first eviction and then I want John to win HOH, nominate pawns, Becky win veto, Vanessa gets evicted. Shelli and Vanessa both going in the DE would really change up the game. They're the leaders right now and it would be interested to see how all the minions move forward without them there.

This is what I want too. It will be tedious if Vanessa gets back into power and continues doing her Vanessa thing. She will get even more crazy and paranoid with the numbers dwindling and knowing that her safety is genuinely at risk. I don't see her having the ability to change her game up, so whether she's winning or losing it will be more of the same and I'm sick of it. I also think it would be interesting to see the game evolve into a third stage with the power players from the first stage gone and everyone scrambling into new configurations. Vanessa and Shelli are polarizing, but without them I think there will be much more fluidity with relationships and alliances. I'm watching Becky and Steve having a long conversation around 3A HT and it seems like they're really connecting.

• Love 6

James talking to Meg and Jackie last night: I gave Becky $5,000, I took Clay to a steak dinner. I'm the show's dumbass.

Watching Shelli it's apparent how much she depended on Vanessa for strategy. She's really lost without Vanessa telling her what to do.

• Love 5

Becky's did Shelli no favors with her campaign. Instead of pointing out all the reasons to get out Vanessa (wins competitions, close with Austwins, a ticking time bomb, able to talk herself out of trouble...), she made it all about herself. ADC had already decided she was just using them, so that didn't help.

What, my precious little Austin a sexist? It can't be! He hasn't a sexist bone in his body. Above the hairline, that is.

And he something like Vanessa can't understand that pressure. Hello! She's been running around like a psycho trying to keep the twins and you around! Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

This is such a nice feeling. After rooting for Vanessa most of the season, she has exhausted me to the point where I honestly don't mind if she leaves (although I give kudos for her mist job on James yesterday afternoon while Shelli did absolutely zero campaigning). I do not care either way whether Shelli or Vanessa leave tomorrow and I think no matter what happens, there are compelling scenarios across the board with the remaining HGs left. 

As much as Austin gets flak, and he most definitely should, he has played a decent social game and has got James, Meg, and Jackie trusting him the most outside of their group. Amazingly, he and the twins are sitting pretty going into double eviction. The only scenario I see one of them going home during DE is if Shelli stays and JMac or Steve win HOH. 

The only chance Shelli has to stay is if she blows up the Sixth Sense and I'm not sure she is willing to do that. 

Becky suggesting the same alliance name to two separate groups is so hilarious to me. How colossally stupid. I am glad her smugness has been knocked down a few pegs. I think if I was in the house, she would get on my nerves more than anyone else. Even Steve. And the fact that her past actions are backfiring on her is incredibly satisfying. If there is one style of gameplay I hate more than any other, it's the Andy Herren way. I have no respect for BB rats, even if it benefits them in the game.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 4

ETA: Shelli is so gosh darn peppy right now. We know you're safe, but take it down a notch!

Oh i'd say she has taken it down several hundred notches now.  Has that bitter beer face going on.

• Love 1
The only chance Shelli has to stay is if she blows up the Sixth Sense and I'm not sure she is willing to do that.

Even if Shelli outed Sixth Sense, is that enough for her to stay? I don't think anyone is keeping Vanessa because they find her trustworthy. Even though what Becky has been saying about Van & the twins is true and gets confirmed, they still have plenty of reason to doubt Becky and want Shelli out.

It will be interesting though, if two strong competitors go during DE. If Van goes, I don't think she has a shot at any physical returning juror comp. Becky, John, Shelli...they would be the threats to come back soon. Ugh.

Still a Van fan, but my game respect for James is growing (and he's funny - give him more DRs, BB)...I just wish he'd knock off his sketchy comments so I could root for him 100%.

• Love 5

Aw, I find it a bit sad that one of the reasons people keep bringing up in finding Johnny Mac sketchy is that he's constantly being called into the DR.  Now I feel bad that I've loved his DRs all season long - they're actually affecting his game!

I thought I didn't care who left between Shelli and Vanessa until I realized Vanessa was staying.  I'm just so tired of her getting what she wants! I mean, good for her for verbally spewing every single thing Becky has ever said and done to James, that's very good gameplay.  It doesn't erase for me her absolute temper tantrum form the day before.  As it always does with Vanessa, what it boils down to with me is she's just SO exhausting.  I can't even listen to her anymore. 

Oh, well, the way things look now, I fully expect one of Becky/Steve/John to leave at DE and Vanessa living yet another week. Not the outcome I was hoping for, but certainly nothing to ruin the season for me. 

• Love 11

Why does Becky tell everyone her alliance is James, Meg, Jackie?  She's telling Johnny Mac that her alliance is 4 against 4 with the Austwins.

She lists Johnny Mac and Steve alone.

She was clear about that with Vanessa earlier this week as well.

Seems odd.

• Love 1

I'm also surprised at how many of the houseguest's assumptions become fact in their mind.

Everyone's guess is a fact that they base decisions on.

(Not just Vanessa - everyone does it)

It leads to inaccurate conclusions and bad decisions.

I don't get it.

• Love 2

James said last night that Becky held a lot back in the "come clean" discussion, and he would have felt better if she told them everything. If Becky was going to take a shot at a player as strong as Vanessa, she should have made sure that she told J/J/M everything in that discussion. Vanessa was able to tell them too many things that they were able to verify, and weakened their trust in Becky.

Becky's half-confession was the equivalent of rinsing off a dirty glass instead of giving it a proper washing; it may look good enough to pass a quick glance, but it's likely to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Yeah, Becky's handling of the Get Vanessa plan has been pretty bad and she's kind of screwed now. There was no reason for her to insist on getting all the blood on her own hands. I kind of think she did that to try to solidify her place in "our group" (it bugs me how she always says that) and maybe to seem cool on TV. She knew that V might come back from jury or at least would be a jury vote, so she didn't even have the excuse of thinking V would be gone for good; it was just dumb gameplay.

I suspect Becky was afraid of the floater label if she actually did make F2, and its effect of damning her game with faint praise - so she took her shot at a Big Game Move. Unfortunately, her follow-through was for shit. And Becky's negative overpersonalization of the nom to Vanessa, when all could have been defused with a simple "it's the best move for my game"? What a phenomenally fucktard move. :P

• Love 8

Why does Becky tell everyone her alliance is James, Meg, Jackie?  She's telling Johnny Mac that her alliance is 4 against 4 with the Austwins.

Seems odd.

Ever since she picked the ADC side, she's very into this "our group" thing. She told everyone that she controls "her group's" votes so Vanessa leaving was a foregone conclusion and whenever she talks to ADC she's like "our group" this and "our group" that. It is odd, but Becky's kind of odd. I think she really appreciated the (false) security of having a "group" after floating for so long and she just sort of ignored the obvious fact that she was at the bottom of the group.

Also, what Nashville said.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 2

Becky telling JMac that James, Jackie and Meg are wavering on voting Vanessa out. JMac looks worried. Says if Vanessa stays he has to win HOH. Becky tells him Shelli has to get on it and convince them to keep her. Becky even admitted that they made a good point about Shelli not even trying to get their votes, furthering the case that she is against them.

• Love 3

Why does Becky tell everyone her alliance is James, Meg, Jackie? She's telling Johnny Mac that her alliance is 4 against 4 with the Austwins.

Seems odd.

She actually says that to John? That is bizarre.

I do think, though, that she doesn't feel the same allegiance to Join that he feels to her. He's just been convenient. She really wants to be part of the popular (aka powerful) kids, and it felt like ADC accepted her. Like a kid in high school drifting from their bestie to be part of the cool group.

• Love 4

I do think, though, that she doesn't feel the same allegiance to Join that he feels to her. He's just been convenient. She really wants to be part of the popular (aka powerful) kids, and it felt like ADC accepted her. Like a kid in high school drifting from their bestie to be part of the cool group.

This, in spades - I was composing the same thing when mooses beat me to it. :)

Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls, or Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed, take your pick - Basic Training got it covered.

• Love 1

This, in spades - I was composing the same thing when mooses beat me to it. :)

Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls, or Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed, take your pick - Basic Training got it covered.

Ha! Along that same train of thought, she probably thinks she's now the Queen Bee taking out her rival Queen Bee. Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Aw, I find it a bit sad that one of the reasons people keep bringing up in finding Johnny Mac sketchy is that he's constantly being called into the DR.  Now I feel bad that I've loved his DRs all season long - they're actually affecting his game!

I thought I didn't care who left between Shelli and Vanessa until I realized Vanessa was staying.  I'm just so tired of her getting what she wants! I mean, good for her for verbally spewing every single thing Becky has ever said and done to James, that's very good gameplay.  It doesn't erase for me her absolute temper tantrum form the day before.  As it always does with Vanessa, what it boils down to with me is she's just SO exhausting.  I can't even listen to her anymore. 

Oh, well, the way things look now, I fully expect one of Becky/Steve/John to leave at DE and Vanessa living yet another week. Not the outcome I was hoping for, but certainly nothing to ruin the season for me.

ITA! Vanessa is extremely annoying. While I don't mind Shelli being chosen as the evicted one this week, I'd still love to see overbearing Vanessa to follow behind her in the DE.

• Love 6

Becky seems like a massive bore. She has loved the sound of her own voice the last two nights on BBAD, droning on about crap that makes her headboard soliloquy sound like The Gettysburg Address. And it isn't even like she talks *to* people so much as she talks *at* them. I really hope ADC pulls through so that Vanessa doesn't get taken out by Basic Becky, of all people.

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm so glad ADC had a reversal of fortune. Out of everyone left, they actually appear to like each other and enjoy each other's company, while the others are stuck in marriages of convenience. I look forward to their discussions the most. Granted, they haven't been the best game players, but I can't help rooting for them to go far.

I'm hoping for Shelli to go tomorrow, with Austin, Steve, or Becky following in the second eviction.

• Love 5

Vanessa pitching to John right now.  JUST SHUT UP VANESSA!!! Gonna overplay this, you know John going to tell Steve and Becky whatever you are trying to sell. UGH

Vanessa has a massive drive to control everything, but she can't seem to control herself. Jesus, girl. You are sitting pretty right now. Why try to push for that little bit extra?

• Love 3

I feel better after listening to Johnny Mac and Becky this morning. They won't be surprised at the outcome. Becky especially understand why ADC want to keep Vanessa over Shelli and is prepared to deal with the fallout.

Johnny floated still going after Vanessa if he wins HOH because she's still their biggest threat.

• Love 1

Vanessa to John: There is a lot you don't know about what's going on. I'd love to explain it to you. 

This is Vanessa trying to make sure she's not JMac's target during the DE. "You're dumb and I'm so smart I hate it. I'll explain it to you, dummy, but I'll make sure to talk slow."

Vanessa's social game is so terrible.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 7

So I'm getting the impression the real reason Becky targeted Vanessa in the first place was because she wants to be Shelli's #2. And the big fight revealed Vanessa was Shelli's #2 after Clay. This had nothing to do with Becky "trusting" Jackie, Meg and James after all. Now the whole "some stuff came out" speech at the nomination ceremony makes more sense.

• Love 3

Vanessa is literally that player that makes big moves and is playing the game hard, but whose social game is so bad that she would probably lose to nearly anyone in F2. This week alone she has probably burned JMac, Becky, Steve and Shelli's jury votes.

• Love 4

Vanessa to John: There is a lot you don't know about what's going on. I'd love to explain it to you.

This is Vanessa trying to make sure she's not JMac's target during the DE. "You're dumb and I'm so smart I hate it. I'll explain it to you, dummy, but I'll make sure to talk slow."

Vanessa's social game is so terrible.

The outcome isn't settled yet. Vanessa's overplaying is going to sink her like last week. She's gonna try her hardest to talk herself out of the votes to stay.

• Love 2

Shelli has to make a deal with James, but she'd better hurry up.

In more important news: Liz thinks "Catch a Falling Star" came from a Mandy Moore movie. Julia thinks John is boring. I wonder if they will think their lolling mouths and vocal idosyrincies are endearing when they look at themselves on TV.

And I think one of them asked ShellI how far Georgia was from Texas.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 3

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm so glad ADC had a reversal of fortune. Out of everyone left, they actually appear to like each other and enjoy each other's company, while the others are stuck in marriages of convenience. I look forward to their discussions the most. Granted, they haven't been the best game players, but I can't help rooting for them to go far.

I'm hoping for Shelli to go tomorrow, with Austin, Steve, or Becky following in the second eviction.

This is why I can't root for them. I wanted to like "the other side" after 6S formed, because 6S was rather annoying, but ADC was so clueless. Now, James is growing on me, and I'd like him to make it far. But imagine if Meg wins BB or even makes it to final two? Meh. And Jackie's just bothered me since the beginning - and she's a lot of talk but has been outplayed when she's had the chance to take action.

John was my favorite, but he's lost me with the Clelli rat game.

Like others have said, this is what makes this season good. It's a lot more enjoyable when everyone has their negatives and positives because you don't have to be as invested in one outcome.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Shelli has to make a deal with James, but she'd better hurry up.

In more important news: Liz thinks "Catch a Falling Star" came from a Mandy Moore movie. Julia thinks John is boring. I wonder if they will think their lolling mouths and vocal idosyrincies are endearing when they look at themselves on TV.

And I think one of them asked ShellI how far Georgia was from Texas.

Julia asked Steve if he liked Marco Rubio and Steve said no, he's too far right. Julia goes, "What is far right?"

The twat twins are so vapid that it's truly painful to watch.

If Johnny Mac wants Vanessa gone so badly he's gonna have to start talking. He knows he's up shits creek if she stays. Since Shelli is incapable of helping herself he better get to work. 

• Love 4

Julia asked Steve if he liked Marco Rubio and Steve said no, he's too far right. Julia goes, "What is far right?"

If Johnny Mac wants Vanessa gone so badly he's gonna have to start talking. He knows he's up shits creek if she stays. Since Shelli is incapable of helping herself he better get to work. 

He won't campaign. Campaigning too hard still alienates people, like for Vanessa last week. Besides, John and Becky aren't pro-active at all.

Shelli, John, and Becky are all going to let it float to a Shelli elimination. The only one who can prevent that from happening is Vanessa if she really goes off the rails into overplay mode.

Personally, I will be happy if Vanessa stays. A Shelli/Becky double eviction would be glorious. Vanessa is exhausting and entertaining. Good and bad all in one package. Great strategist with negative self-awareness. Controlling but out of control. It is beautiful to watch as a spectator sport.

• Love 6

Becky seems like a massive bore. She has loved the sound of her own voice the last two nights on BBAD, droning on about crap that makes her headboard soliloquy sound like The Gettysburg Address. And it isn't even like she talks *to* people so much as she talks *at* them. I really hope ADC pulls through so that Vanessa doesn't get taken out by Basic Becky, of all people.

Maybe Becky thinks ADC will keep her if she can keep them sufficiently entertained with enough stories about riding trains in Germany while dressed in A&F's finest...?

Then again, maybe not.

Idjut.

This points out a conflict I've been unable to resolve all season to date - there's absolutely no crossover between the HGs I like on a personal basis and the HGs I like for their strategic play:

• 6S has played the best strategic game by far - when they're not imploding, that is - but they are the biggest collection of self-absorbed, unjustified narcissists on the planet.
  • ADC has better personalities on the whole, but I've seen better strategy in a game of hopscotch.
  • My favorite HG personality-wise is JMac at present, but the best I can guess about his strategic game is it somehow involves a submarine with a periscope.
  • My favorite strategy-wise would have to be Vanessa, but... damn. Now I know why she made it through Duke in 2.5 years. If she'd stayed a day longer, her college roommate would have killed her.

Vanessa has a massive drive to control everything, but she can't seem to control herself. Jesus, girl. You are sitting pretty right now. Why try to push for that little bit extra?

+10 on work ethic.

-10,000 on social strategy.

ETA: fixed formatting

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 12

Now I know why she made it through Duke in 2.5 years. If she'd stayed a day longer, her college roommate would have killed her.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   that is such a good one, KUDOS! love it

They surprisingly make me laugh. I think it's because it's refreshing to see a genuine relationship in the house, and it's fun to see two people talk super honestly to each other where you know they're not playing the other. I mean, how else would we have found out Liz thinks Austin is foul and that his hair smells?!

I wouldn't mind a twin HOH. Actually, a Julia HOH - I don't think I could stand a week of Liz and Austin in the HOH bed. 

ETA: Read on Joker's that Becky told ADC that Vanessa will lie to them - she's not going after Steve and John! Um, yeah, she's coming after you, Becky.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

O. M. F. G.

Ahhh, "far right" would be the guy at THAT end of the bar, dear.

Now go ahead and finish your drink.

The adults need to talk....

:P

(I mean - it's GOTTA be an act, right? Please? Pretty please...?)

• Love 5

Two from Joker's:

Wed 12:06 PM BBT. F3/4 cut from a bible-reading & eye-darting Vanessa to Becky/Jackie in HOH. It appears Jackie may have told Becky that JJM voting out Shelli, as Jackie said she would put up Vanessa if she won in DE. Becky still arguing against Vanessa. "She has fire in her eyes - she wants me done!"

...at which point I'd look up from what I was doing, look Becky square in the eye, and say, "Why thank you . I was undecided about which way to vote - but if Vanessa is going to focus her total attention on you rather than me, that's the best reason I've heard yet to keep her in the House." Idjut.

Wed 12:02 PM BBT. Austin: "He doesn't say a word. He's an idiot!" (On Johnny Mac not approaching him)

Yeah, it's not like you could ever initiate conversation with him or anything.... :P

• Love 1
My favorite HG personality-wise is JMac at present, but the best I can guess about his strategic game is it somehow involves a submarine with a periscope.

Ha! Sad, but true. He seems like a nice guy, and I think his DRs are hilarious, but James trumps (ack) him in one-liners.

Austin and the twins are the gifts that keep on giving. I need to go back and check though...I thought Liz or Julie (both?) had were well-educated (and I'm still impressed by Julia overcoming Leukemia as a child), but I don't recall the details. It does have to be an act. I think.

The twins are funny when they get going.  I think they're smart, but I imagine they have a "party-girl" side that in daily life only comes out on a weekend night, or when they're flirting with the boys.  It seems to me they've just left themselves on 'party' mode for the most part.  In reality they're not as frivolous as they appear.  I hope.

• Love 1

Shelli is convinced (told Johnny Mac) that Vanessa is campaigning against her.  She just can't understand what it means to campaign without throwing Vanessa under the bus. 

Shelli wasn't kidding when she said she wouldn't survive in the house without Clay or Vanessa to help her.  Clay's gone and it's a conflict of interest for her to talk things through with Vanessa.  She doesn't know what to do.

• Love 1

Shelli sees the Austwins, Meg and Jackie talking outside. 

CMPHPkMXAAAIjFP.png

JMac filling in Shelli on what's changed. This shouldn't have been that difficult, Shelli. You should have deducted at the start of the week that Austin and the twins weren't voting Vanessa out so you have to work on James' crew. Tell them you won't put them up, etc. It's not rocket science for fucks sake. I honestly don't know what she was thinking. Now it's probably too late.

• Love 3

Jokers

1:15 PM Liz worrying about the hickey and camera pans on it.  
1:12 PM Julia says Liz has a hickey on the back of her neck.

C'mon a hickey takes a little bit of effort and requires the hickee to stay in place for the hickor to place said hickey.  wtf Liz

• Love 5

So the producers from the Bad Girls Club wanted Becky?  WTF?

I could not imagine her being on there, those psycho girls that they cast on that show would eat her up and kick the crap out of her.

• Love 7

The twat twins are so vapid that it's truly painful to watch.If Johnny Mac wants Vanessa gone so badly he's gonna have to start talking. He knows he's up shits creek if she stays. Since Shelli is incapable of helping herself he better get to work.

I'm embarrassed for them or I guess just her but since I thought Julia was the smarter one, I'm going back to "them."

They're on a roll today, folks. From Joker's:Wed 1:25 PM BBTJulia: "We are detectiving!"

Nice to know that Loyola summa cum laude education isn't going to waste.

Really? If that's an empirical fact, I.e. not a Vanessa fact, this is the demise of the U.S. educational system.

Shelli is convinced (told Johnny Mac) that Vanessa is campaigning against her.  She just can't understand what it means to campaign without throwing Vanessa under the bus. 

Shelli wasn't kidding when she said she wouldn't survive in the house without Clay or Vanessa to help her.  Clay's gone and it's a conflict of interest for her to talk things through with Vanessa.  She doesn't know what to do.

Idiot. John TOLD her to talk to James! No wonder she gets along with the twins. But anyway little ol' uneducated redneck James is right; Shelli is worse for him than Vanessa is even tho Vanessa is still bad for his game.

• Love 1

It really is Witchy Wednesday in the house.  I'm not sure how this is going to end up.  For me, I don't want Shelli to stay.  I worry that Vanessa played her cards too early because the last person who has spoken is the one that will win. 

• Love 2