Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I did forget all the complaints that someone was always in the DR. It might have been about John but I can't recall. I guess that is a sign that either someone is giving a great DR or TPTB love that particular houseguest.

Yeah, they wondered why he was always in there. It's why they wondered if he was part of a twist. And then the twins both heard him yelling while walking by the door, which was pretty funny.

I can't blame them for thinking he's a twist or not realizing he's Fan Favorite because the guy did nothing in The House for the most part. They had no way of knowing he was the opposite in the DR.

Austin's true colors really started showing at the end there. I didn't think he deserved all the hate until he turned into an annoying famewhore.

Poor Liz is really missing Austin's protection from all those horrible people in there, huh? His "protect my woman" act was my least favorite schtick of his.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Anyway, this season has just been so much fun to watch the feeds, so I can't complain whatsoever at the ending because it's just an hour or so versus a summer of fun watching this year.

Agreed. This has been a fun season. This is the type of big brother I prefer. It's been fun , unpredictable, and entertaining to me. Last season was so predictable and dull that this is a refreshing change. And I vastly prefer this season to Season 15's group of asshat hamsters or season 8's heavy producer manipulations.

The best part of this season, for me, is how light it has been on producer manipulation*. I love how the BB takeover and BotB were both obviously ditched earlier than planned. Hopefully the trend continues next year and we can enjoy Big Brother free of obvious producer manipulation.

*im not saying that the producers have completely stopped manipulating things this year. I'm sure they tried. I'm saying it seems to me to be happening far less this year than in seasons past. It's also been far less obvious. This has improved my viewing experience personally.

• Love 12

Maybe it took more tries for Johnny to get his lines right.  Or production just enjoyed his company the most.  I often wonder what it's like for the grunts behind the scenes.  None of that stuff ever leaks out.

Wasn't Steve convinced that John was America's Player or a plant? That's pretty laughable. It's funny to see how the houseguests' paronoia gets the best of them. Or that they are so out of touch of who are fan favs.

Austin is just creep. I'd only hope Liz would win just to come to her senses and dump the bafoon, preferably telling Austin she was using him.

• Love 1

Wasn't Steve convinced that John was America's Player or a plant? That's pretty laughable. It's funny to see how the houseguests' paronoia gets the best of them. Or that they are so out of touch of who are fan favs.

Yup. Right up to Johnny Mac's second eviction, after he walked out and the house heard the massive cheering for him, Steve continued to say that he was sure that Johnny Mac was a twist. How he could be a twist is beyond me, because the dude did nothing but sleep. Unless he figured that was the twist? "If you can sleep number of hours in a week, we'll give you a cash prize!"

• Love 2

Austin is just creep. I'd only hope Liz would win just to come to her senses and dump the bafoon, preferably telling Austin she was using him.

I don't think Liz has to win in order to dump him.  I expect that will work itself out once she emerges from the bubble and has her eyes opened to the entire situation.  She is going to be horrified at how they are received by viewers.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

Yup. Right up to Johnny Mac's second eviction, after he walked out and the house heard the massive cheering for him, Steve continued to say that he was sure that Johnny Mac was a twist. How he could be a twist is beyond me, because the dude did nothing but sleep.

I think that's precisely the reason why Steve/Vanessa/Austwins thought John must've been some twist: he didn't do shit yet he was always in the DR and got such loud applause when evicted. It would make me wonder too for sure.

• Love 1

Liz shuffles and deals cards like I do.  In other words, with a complete lack of skill.  She and Steve are playing.  Has Vanessa played cards with them? 

ETA, they're all playing now. 

Edited by Thalia

Fan Favorite?  I see that James has been at the top of the Joker's fave chart for many, many days now.  Why do folks think John is more likely to win? 

And....... while there is the FF award, I wish there were a way to recognize the most entertaining player. Who kept folks tuning in week after week just to see what they were going to do, how they'd react to events?  I think that would be Vanessa, or maybe the Austwins (ew), just to hope they'd get nommed or evicted.

• Love 1

I think James could win for scaring people & overall his nice attitude. I think John could win for his DR's and him lasting longer in the game & being fresher in people's mind. It's really a crapshoot or 50/50. I wouldn't be shocked ie upset by either winning Fan Favorite. Of course, we could all be wrong and it could be Austin. I kid people, I kid!!!!!!!

• Love 2

Joimiaroxeu, IIRC Cody thought he could beat Derrick at finals. He was wrong, but he didn't knowingly hand Derrick the win.

I think LIz is different. She does not believe she can beat Vanessa -- not in my opinion anyway -- but would have taken her anyway had she won final HOH. Good grooming on Vanessa's part.

My view: if Vanessa wins part 3, she takes Liz and wins. If Steve wins part 3, he takes Liz and wins. Liz was or should have been the goat for all the F5. Almost impossible for her not to make F2; almost impossible for her to win.

I'm having a hard time finding a link BUT I'm pretty sure Cody said 2 days before he knew he couldn't beat Derrick in final 2. I thinking it was when he was musing aloud alone at final 3 and it was caught on feeds.

Then he went and took him anyways.

In that book it makes him as stupid as Marcellas, if not more. Since Marc threw away a chance to stay in the house and continue on in the hopes of finals and Cody threw away $500,000 because he could have kicked Victoria's ass easily.

• Love 4

I'm having a hard time finding a link BUT I'm pretty sure Cody said 2 days before he knew he couldn't beat Derrick in final 2. I thinking it was when he was musing aloud alone at final 3 and it was caught on feeds.

Then he went and took him anyways.

It could be because Derrick said on RHAP that Cody thought winning the Final HOH would be enough for him to beat Derrick.

Cody told him that? "Dude I was thinking aloud how much you'd kick ass my ass vs the airhead floater in a vote. But when I won 1 of the 3 final HOH comps I realized, that would overshadow all the other wks of competition. It would be even MORE of a lock against someone who didn't win crucial competition either (or do much else at)."

Either way he's an idiot. He didn't go with a sure thing. Based on an idiotic hypothetical rationalization pig claims or his ridic bro code.

Also his Christine cuddling and a lot of other traits make me shudder. That season was boring and full of idiots, the 1 before full of gross racists pigs, and the current one bland and ball-less . JMHO ; )

• Love 3

Fan Favorite? I see that James has been at the top of the Joker's fave chart for many, many days now. Why do folks think John is more likely to win?

I want James to win for his entertainment 24/7, but I'm pretty sure just TV watching folks love John. Most popular with the TV audience seems to usually beat out feedster favorite.

• Love 5

I heard from reliable sources feed watchers count as a much smaller amount of the audience. Like 1 %.

I imagine it is the CBS version of the three-fifths compromise.

*Detecting if user has watched more than 48 hours of feeds*

"Did we say 20 votes? We meant 12...so we are removing 8 votes starting with James."

Edited by MKL122788

Cody told him that? "Dude I was thinking aloud how much you'd kick ass my ass vs the airhead floater in a vote. But when I won 1 of the 3 final HOH comps I realized, that would overshadow all the other wks of competition. It would be even MORE of a lock against someone who didn't win crucial competition either (or do much else at)."

Either way he's an idiot. He didn't go with a sure thing. Based on an idiotic hypothetical rationalization pig claims or his ridic bro code.

Also his Christine cuddling and a lot of other traits make me shudder. That season was boring and full of idiots, the 1 before full of gross racists pigs, and the current one bland and ball-less . JMHO ; )

I agree. Derrick is trying to change the narrative he even said he thought Cody was a great player which is a ridiculous statement.

• Love 3

By the way, are Christine and her husband still together?

If the producers really wanted a woman to win (I don't think they give a shit, gender winners do not equal ratings), they would cast more women with credentials more solid than "looks really great in a bikini".  But that latter is what does help ratings.  A season of 8 Vanessas against 8 Derricks would be suicide for the show.  If people wanted to see a contest of brains they'd watch Jeopardy. They want to see beautiful people making idiots of themselves on TV.  

If the producers really wanted a woman to win (I don't think they give a shit, gender winners do not equal ratings), they would cast more women with credentials more solid than "looks really great in a bikini". But that latter is what does help ratings. A season of 8 Vanessas against 8 Derricks would be suicide for the show. If people wanted to see a contest of brains they'd watch Jeopardy. They want to see beautiful people making idiots of themselves on TV.

It's not a zero sum game or mutually exclusive qualities. There ARE attractive people who have brains and/or are entertaining.

I think Les Moonvest from his recent interviews is starting to get seriously pissed off at the casting duds so I suspect shit may change next year for the better, less idiots and apathetic players.

• Love 5

I wouldn't get too excited. This was the first year in ages we didn't have a bunch of annoying frat boy jocks thrown at us. With the exception of Clay, they purposefully chose a bunch of misfits toys (and as far as I'm concerned, that was a breath of fresh air. It was a much more interesting group,). Perhaps Les is lamenting the lack of pretty boy jocks who in the cast.

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 12

^ I think that's Alison Grodner and Robyn Kasstings busted nut. Not Les' ^

Also, Clay, Jace, and Jeff all fit the dumbass frat boy douchebag bro stereotype. Austin is a Neanderthal and related to that.

One of my coworkers a guy who partied a bit TOO much grabbed a dog Saturday that came in for a walk in nail job and anal gland expression. And he did it ineptly with no gloves and the wrong technique so it sprayed on him. He washed his hands like how he washes his normal style he always does like Austin -with no soap. (Pukes) I don't know why Austin and this man are afraid of soap and shampoo.

Edited by Petunia13

Perhaps Les is lamenting the lack of pretty boy jocks who in the cast.

Les said they made 5-6 casting mistakes this year.  I don't think he thought Audrey was a mistake because she wasn't a pretty boy jock but because she refused to play or even appear on camera once things weren't going her way.  

Nah Jace wasn't a pretty boy jock. He fell into their weirdo/surfer/pizza guy slot that they've had the last few years.I can't see him fitting in or lasting long in a brigade type alliance.

Jeff probably could. But if it weren't for AR I can't imagine why they'd cast him. He's not particularly good looking or interesting.

Audrey certainly must have been their biggest disappointment. She started the season fantastic-- charming, strong, smart, strategic plus it was historic casting. And a few weeks later she was hiding under a blanket.

Edited to add--thank you Big Brother for giving us the least prejudiced group of Houseguests in years!

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 9

I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything. YOU said this is the first year there wasn't a shit load of frat boy jocks. I said 3 this all kinda fit in the with that frat bro douchebag clique.

And you used the word "pretty" describing the previous male cast in other posts. Who were the large group of pretty men last year and the year before you're referencing??

Edited to add--thank you Big Brother for giving us the least prejudiced group of Houseguests in years!

Agree!  It was refreshing (sadly - I wish it was more normal) 

I also appreciated that people used the 'r' word a few times and corrected themselves in the moment.  

I saw Vanessa say it.  She knew she was wrong as soon as she said it, apologized and switched her word.  She didn't roll her eyes or act like she thought it was stupid to worry about - she said she was wrong and picked another word.

• Love 3

Agree!  It was refreshing (sadly - I wish it was more normal) 

I also appreciated that people used the 'r' word a few times and corrected themselves in the moment.  

I saw Vanessa say it.  She knew she was wrong as soon as she said it, apologized and switched her word.  She didn't roll her eyes or act like she thought it was stupid to worry about - she said she was wrong and picked another word.

Early on the 'r' word was making so many appearances with no one caring/making corrections. They must've ended up getting a talking to by Production because they started correcting themselves/using it less as the season went on.

The same thing happened last season. Lots of 'r' word usage, but Cody would always correct them on it and then I believe someone actually said Production told them to cool it with that word.

I guess they learned something from BB15.

• Love 2

Nah Jace wasn't a pretty boy jock. He fell into their weirdo/surfer/pizza guy slot that they've had the last few years.I can't see him fitting in or lasting long in a brigade type alliance.

Jeff probably could. But if it weren't for AR I can't imagine why they'd cast him. He's not particularly good looking or interesting.

Audrey certainly must have been their biggest disappointment. She started the season fantastic-- charming, strong, smart, strategic plus it was historic casting. And a few weeks later she was hiding under a blanket.

Audrey is a woman.

You said like 4 posts ago Les is disappointed there's no frat boys and no pretty boys.

What do you all think about Steves potential speech to Vanessa for if he wins and evicts her?

Basically the gist is that she is Derrick and if she is Derrick that makes him the Cody. She is the best female player that has ever played this game. She made all the moves which he benefitted from, he helped along the way. But she was the stragetic mastermind. And if he doesn't cut her he will be making a $450K mistake.

I think he's going a bit overboard with the speech. The reason why is, okay yes he might think all these things and great but to say that to her and then send her off to Jury and have her be able to use what he said against him. If I was her and he says this during Jury questioning I would say well you just said that I made all the moves and you basically rode my coat tails so just because you evicted me at F3 what else did you do to deserve the win? Liz could seize that opportunity as well and say well Steve just told Vanessa she did everything for him that's why he is where he is. This is what I did to get myself to this point.

Basically I think all he needs to say is I know I won't win against you so Vanessa I'm evicting you.

What does everyone else think?

• Love 1

I was thinking about that last night, but I think he's trying to get Vanessa's jury vote by talking her up. He's already down 2 auto votes by taking Liz, so he definitely needs Vanessa's vote (especially if James and Meg really do hate him and won't vote for him). Plus, I don't think Liz is savvy enough to seize the opportunity to point out that he's been Vanessa's bitch this whole game. Mostly because she has too. Liz started out and kept a bigger target on her back than Steve, so her being in the F3 is more impressive. But Steve being the one to evict Vanessa is what will probably win him the money. 

I honestly think it's entirely possible Steve loses to Liz. If Vanessa is really pissed and wants a woman to win and she feels she carried him then Steve is down 3-0. It's entirely possibly Liz can get those other 2 votes. She's not a Victoria.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 7

I honestly think it's entirely possible Steve loses to Liz. If Vanessa is really pissed and wants a woman to win and she feels she carried him then Steve is down 3-0. It's entirely possibly Liz can get those other 2 votes. She's not a Victoria.

Vanessa doesn't have to be pissed at Steve to vote for Liz.  She talks about girl power frequently.  I think Liz would definitely have her vote. 

Liz winning would be the worst outcome of the remaining three.

For me, it's Steve. I don't even really dislike Steve, but I'd rather Liz win than Steve. Plus, I think it'd be hysterical that Steve has been practicing his "I evict you Vanessa" speech for weeks because he think it will win him the game, just to have him lose to Liz, who he doesn't respect as a game player at all. 

I know things can change, but James and Meg have both said they do not want Steve to win. If Liz can get their votes + Vanessa's, she wins.

• Love 8

I totally think Steve will lose to Liz, and I hope Vanessa has told him that, and made him a promise that her vote is going to Liz, and that since he could very well lose to both woman who does he want to BEAT him? Van who he likes more and respects as a gamer, or Liz who he likes okay,and doesn't respect her game at all (which is funny since their games were pretty similar) and if anything I think Liz did more work in her own favor than Steve ever did in his own favor. 

He's already going to struggle with follow through when it comes time, she needs to really convince him he's only playing for 50K regardless.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

Waaaayyyyy too much time between the 2nd HOH and the finale. 

Has there been anything in past seasons that was significant enough to warrant this much time for them to just sleep and eat all day?

No, it is all about programming/ CBS schedule.  And probably more but all behind the scenes stuff, nothing to do with viewer interest, that is for sure.   We have been whining about this since it began.  

Liz/Steve would be a close vote, but I think evicting Vanessa could swing the vote to his side.

And I wouldn't put much stock into what Meg and James said about Steve 30 days ago. I just remember Shelly in BB13 swearing up and down all season that she would never in a million years vote for Rachel then cast the deciding vote for Rachel to win. You just never know how these votes will turn out.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

The Final 3 must be bored as hell. Even, a card game for Vanessa must be killing her. LOL!!! I want to see Steve win the Final HOH just to see if he evits Vanessa or not and what her reaction will be. It will be pretty close but I think if he does evict Vanessa it might help sway the jury for an extra vote or two. I still think he wins against Liz.

• Love 1