Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

This could go sideways if the Austwin who isn't on the block wins veto and takes one down. Vanessa or JMac would be the replacement with the 2 Autwins controlling the vote.

While true, that's SUCH a narrow possibility, no? One specific person winning? And the specific person is someone who has only won one comp all year (granted, she did win it recently). 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1

While true, that's SUCH a narrow possibility, no? One specific person winning? And the specific person is someone who has only won one comp all year (granted, she did win it recently). 

Yeah, but it shows how badly things can go with so few people remaining. 

He needs to put up Austin and Liz and roll the dice that Julia won't win. But I'm not sure if he will. Could see him just putting up the twins.

Expect the twins to shit talk Steve 24/7. It's gonna be real ugly.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1

This worked out perfectly for Vanessa. Unless she wins veto, she won't get any blame (BLOOD! SO MUCH BLOOD) for splitting them up. If she's going to win the game she absolutely can't lose whichever Austwins are in jury.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

Austin is bitter at the crowd cheering James. He said he had the loudest applause so far. He thinks the audience was told to cheer loud. 

"Okay folks, make it eeeeeexxxxtra loud this time!"

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5

I will never get the HGs that just refuse to believe the obvious even when it's right there in their face. "He got a lot of cheers? It must be a trick!" How in the world would you ever jump to that conclusion?

The all-timer was when Andy said Elissa got loud cheers because they were happy she was evicted. Howdy Doody was all kinds of terrible.

Must be something in the water.

• Love 8

I will never get the HGs that just refuse to believe the obvious even when it's right there in their face. "He got a lot of cheers? It must be a trick!" How in the world would you ever jump to that conclusion?

I can't speak to past HG's, but Austin is a wrestler. Everything is fake in wrestling lol

But really, I think their sad little egos just can't handle the idea of someone bring more popular than them and they lack the self-awareness to realize how they're coming across.

Austin's going to in for quite a surprise when he finds out how gross everyone thinks he is.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 4

OH, the hamsters they are a-scrambling!

from Jokers.......  I'm lovin' it! 

Fri 1:55 AM BBT Twins whispering in bed. They think Austin is throwing them under the bus.

They caught him whispering with Vanessa.

Fri 1:57 AM BBT Liz to Julia: "I'm seeing a new side to Austin. I can only trust my sister."

Fri 1:59 AM BBT Liz to Julia: "I'm going to be such a bitch to Austin tonight."

and...............

Fri 3:30 AM BBT Vanessa talking Steve. She's thinking about getting Austin out now.

That???  I would absolutely love seeing.

Also.....since the feeling is that Steve is going to put up A/L, Julia has told him she wouldn't use the veto if she won it and would vote his way.  Then she told Liz what she had told Steve.  This happened after the twins began to think A was throwing them under the bus.

Fri 3:46 AM BBT Vanessa tells Steve they should poison Liz against Austin. tell her that he told John he would be okay with twins leaving -

Finally!  Things are getting interesting.  

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 9

I can only pray they take Austin out.

I think in the back of Vanessa's mind, she knows that women do not beat men head to head at the end. Women make moves and are branded villains. Guys make moves and are forgiven because it is part of the game. I think it speaks to how people react to Vanessa at times.

Vanessa knows that once they are down to a single twin, especially if Austin/Julia remain, those two don't appear to be a big threat and the target on her is bigger. As long as an obvious pair of those two, preferably the women who aren't great at physical competitions, Her chances of being dealt a blow increase.

If I am Vanessa, I want to elimination to look like this:

Austin

JMac/Steve

Liz/Julia

Steve/JMac

Get to the end with a twin. Ideally Julia. She has to know that is what is best for her.

• Love 3

I dunno, Steve might think it's too early to go after the Austwins. ;)

You jest, but seriously...I'd much rather Johnny Mac had been the one to win, cause he won't equivocate, glad to hear Van is already working the girls and Austin AND Steve.

Whatever haters Vanessa is the Queen, bow down bitches. 

if Becky didn't put up Shelli and James didn't decide to evict Shelli,

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have merry fuckin Christmas. 

Derrick talked himself out of ever even being on the block,

Eh I'd say being on Team America was a  HUGE benefit to his game in way Vanessa has not also been privy, though I'd say both she and Derrick came in with "jobs" that predisposed them to owning this game (undercover cop/poker player).

• Love 4

I think Vanessa has obviously been the best player in this game.  But I think she made one massive mistake that sheer luck was able to cover up.  She planned on getting Austin out in the double HOH with Jackie.  She created a ridiculous 8 person alliance all with the sole purpose of evicting her closest ally, Austin.  This was a terrible move on her part.  It would have been the second biggest blunder of the season behind all things Audrey.  And but for Liz's determination and Clay/Becky's ineptitude it probably would have happened.  Thats a major mark against her when comparing her to truly great players.  

But again, to me, she's head and shoulders above everyone else in this house.

• Love 1

I can't see Steve putting up Vanessa, Johnny Mac, or Julia because they've been his closest friends in the game, so that leaves Austin/Liz by process of elimination, whether strategic or not.

• Love 3

If Vanessa makes if to F2, and it's looking like she will, I'm wondering how she's going to sway the jury into voting for her.

Remember that mock trial they had a few weeks back with her as the lawyer?  Wasn't that her idea? 

If so, she won't have any problems swaying the jury....to me, while it was something to do, in the back of my head I wondered if she set that up so that she'd have her speech ready for when the time came.

I'd be surprised if Steve didn't put up Austin/Liz or Liz/Julia.

Although ideally, to insure the most laughs for me, I hope he does nom the twins and then Austin wins veto and uses it on Liz because DR tells him he'll be a hero on the show. Watching Steve have to nom John or Vanessa would be amazing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Although ideally, to insure the most laughs for me, I hope he does nom the twins and then Austin wins veto and uses it on Liz because DR tells him he'll be a hero on the show. Watching Steve have to nom John or Vanessa would be amazing.

I was contemplating something similar to this last night... a scenario where Julia wins veto and takes Liz down, forcing Steve to have to choose between JMac and Vanessa as the replacement nom. If Vanessa is as smart as I think she is, she would offer to go up on the block. In an Austin v. Vanessa vote, she would stay. Julia would surely vote to keep her over Austin and I think JMac would also since she's the one who kept him safe last week. And it really would benefit her efforts to get as little blood on her hands in taking out the Austwins. Austin can't get mad at her when she's on the block against him. Likewise, Liz and Julia can't be mad at Vanessa when Steve is the one who forced them to make a choice between two of their allies.

The only way it works though is if Steve is stupid enough to put the twins up against each other and I just don't see that happening. I am fairly certain he knows that he needs to put Austin and Liz up in order to ensure one of them goes this week.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1
But I think she made one massive mistake that sheer luck was able to cover up.  She planned on getting Austin out in the double HOH with Jackie.  She created a ridiculous 8 person alliance all with the sole purpose of evicting her closest ally, Austin.

And the guy she was planning on backdooring is still an ally, still in several alliances with her and agreed to do what she wanted in the last two evictions, to the detriment of his own game. The fact that you could be thinking about backdooring someone and not have them come at you the first chance they get takes serious skill, in my mind.

Two points: first, Derrick talked himself out of ever even being on the block, which I argue is stronger gameplay. Second, Vanessa didn't actually talk herself off the block- James and Meg decided that Shelli was more dangerous for their game all by themselves and so decided to keep Vanessa without Vanessa having to do anything. I'll give her credit for positioning herself really well in this game, because she has, but I'm not at all ready to put her gameplay in the same ballpark as Derrick's. And I didn't even like Derrick.

I liken them to football teams on defense. Derrick gets on the field and the other team goes three-and-out and never reaches the 50 yard line. Vanessa gets on the field and is out of position, covers the wrong people, commits stupid penalties and lets the other team drive down the field, but she always gets the key interception or the other team fumbles the ball at a critical time.

Sure, the first game is technically more impressive, but I know which one I'd rather watch myself. But I mean, there's a reason you don't see announcers yelling excitedly "He stopped that guy for no gain! And then he did it again! And they just lost two yards on that play and now they have to punt! Can you believe it?" and going through the motions on "And the defender flips backwards over several receivers, and snags the ball by her fingertips while pirouetting on one foot. Yawn. Well, she got lucky there."

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 4

Vanessa gets on the field and is out of position, covers the wrong people, commits stupid penalties and lets the other team drive down the field, but she always gets the key interception or the other team fumbles the ball at a critical time.

So Vanessa is a Michigan State Spartan? Explains so much about why I love her! Hehe we're actually really good at defense now but that used to be their MO especially stupid penalties GHOLSTON.

I did not watch Derrick's season except for running across Frankie Grande's pink mohawk a couple of times, so I can't speak to how good he was or if it was entertaining, but Vanessa entertains the hell out of me for sure. 

• Love 2

The best case scenario would be Austin/Liz noms, Austin winning veto and using it on Liz. Julia goes up and Austin goes home. He falls on his sword for a girl that's not that into him.

Peach beat me to it. Great minds think alike. ;-)

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 4

I reworked the way I am now watching this show and view it now hoping the Austwins go to f3. I was rooting for Meg and James, but now I have to hope the Austwins go all the way.

That's the f3 those idiots deserve. And as much as I think Vanessa probably deserves to win, I want to see all her plans to get to the end backfire. 

They had their chance to get Julia out and they blew it.... so now the rest of the season is a revenge watch.

• Love 6

The best case scenario would be Austin/Liz noms, Austin winning veto and using it on Liz. Julia goes up and Austin goes home. He falls on his sword for a girl that's not that into him.

Peach beat me to it. Great minds think alike. ;-)

Oh, that would be amazing if Austin used the veto on Liz if both of them were on the block together.

I think my favorite part of watching the feeds last night was when Steve, Vanessa, and John all talked about what a stupid decision it was for the Austwins to vote out James over John. 

• Love 11

I think my favorite part of watching the feeds last night was when Steve, Vanessa, and John all talked about what a stupid decision it was for the Austwins to vote out James over John. 

This is why I can't respect Austin's gameplay. Not only did he let Vanessa turn him against someone he had formed a relationship with but he also knew keeping JMac/Steve together was a mistake, but he did it anyway. Did he seriously not realize that if Steve won HOH he wouldn't be putting up John? The twins aren't capable of that level of logical thinking but Austin should have known better.

• Love 5

This is why I can't respect Austin's gameplay. Not only did he let Vanessa turn him against someone he had formed a relationship with but he also knew keeping JMac/Steve together was a mistake, but he did it anyway. Did he seriously not realize that if Steve won HOH he wouldn't be putting up John? The twins aren't capable of that level of logical thinking but Austin should have known better.

I credit Vanessa for James' eviction. She successfully made Austin feel 100% safe with John by talking him up, saying she feels really good with him, giving John advice on what to say to Austin and when to say it, and she also turned James into a villain in the Austwins' eyes. It was definitely a huge mistake on Austin's part, but Vanessa created it IMO.

• Love 6

I didn't even watch the show last evening, I just read a play by play over at Sucks and as soon as I read James was out I stopped reading, did not watch BBAD (I wouldn't of been able to watch each and every remaining houseguest gloat), I was that pissed! I do come here to read what is going to happen since Steve won HOH.

I credit Vanessa for James' eviction. She successfully made Austin feel 100% safe with John by talking him up, saying she feels really good with him, giving John advice on what to say to Austin and when to say it, and she also turned James into a villain in the Austwins' eyes. It was definitely a huge mistake on Austin's part, but Vanessa created it IMO.

And James helped by isolating himself with Meg. 

• Love 6

I see that most people in the BB universe are still baffled by John and Steve not evicting Julia last night. I know hindsight is 20/20, but if they had secretly flipped that vote and Julia had indeed left, Liz would have been enraged and guess what? Liz would still have won that HOH (Meg wouldn't have won that comp) and guess who her biggest targets would have been? John and Steve. Liz would've thrown their butts on the block and Austin/Liz would've still won POV and kept noms the same.

Moral of the story, sometimes big moves aren't the smartest.  And now Steve and John are safe this week (I'm assuming if Julia wins and uses veto on Liz, that Van would be the one that goes up.) Good job, boys.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 18

He knows Vanessa is closer with Austin, and would likely be his closest ally if Liz went.

I think that's true of all three though, Van is closer to all three than John is, John/Steve are both pretty burned with the twins, one of them staying and being after them would be bad enough, both staying and coming after them would be worse. I mean news flash Johnny Mac, Van has the advantage of having been playing this game from the word go instead of waking up in the middle and being reactive for the rest of the stretch.

I think John should do what is best for his game, not trying to figure out what is worst for Van's, while they certainly can overlap, I think in this case keeping Liz/Julia together is immediately more dangerous to him and his game than keeping Austin. 

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

John's thinking is Vanessa would be less likely to go to F3 with the twins because they would take each other. She just has more options for endgame with Liz out. JMac's only hope is Vanessa and Steve. He knows the Austwins won't bring him to the end, so weakening Vanessa's options isn't the worst strategy in the world.

Edited by Cutty

I reworked the way I am now watching this show and view it now hoping the Austwins go to f3. I was rooting for Meg and James, but now I have to hope the Austwins go all the way.

That's the f3 those idiots deserve. And as much as I think Vanessa probably deserves to win, I want to see all her plans to get to the end backfire. 

My people! I really want this to happen. It has no chance of actually happening though. Which is probably why I want it to lol. There's some part of my brain that forces me to root for the things that won't happen and hate the things that will. It makes watching this show really frustrating.

Since we are 100% losing an Austwin this week, I really hope it's Austin. Losing Austin rather than Liz is the worse thing for Vanessa. Plus I actually like Liz and want her to win the game. So, I'll be in my 'Liz For Veto!' prayer circle until Saturday.

• Love 4

I think Steve's also thinking that he may be able to get the twins on board with Austin going while there's no chance Julia (or Austin honestly) are OK with Liz going. He's trying to decrease his target going into next week.

• Love 1

They need to lose Liz over Austin.  She is a much better competitor.  Also with her out, he will be emotionally off his game.

Yeah, fatal mistake on Austwins not taking Johnny Mack out over James.  James would have been a 4th ally for them.  But he and Meg are probably now having a blast with the rest of the jurors.

• Love 3

Yeah, fatal mistake on Austwins not taking Johnny Mack out over James.  James would have been a 4th ally for them.

Yea I'm really surprised they made that mistake. I think if it hadn't been a DE they might have realized they needed to not give Vanessa what she wanted there.

I bet the jury house is a blast right now. Jackie/Meg/James are probably living it up. Then you have poor Becky telling stories no one cares about but she doesn't realize they're all like stfu. And Shelli with her permanent fake ass grin on. Jury house feed, please!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I think Steve's also thinking

We weren't talking about Steve, that's a different story, AFAIK the twins are pretty burned by both John and Steve, and think their working together and have a F2 deal (while they seem oblivious to the fact Van has F2's with John, Steve, and Austin, and a F3 with them and that somehow she'd rather be bottom out of three than second to one partner),.BUT underneath it all Steve/Twins really like each other, and have been working together for three quarters of the game,  the best thing for Steve's game would be Austin leaving, as he's closer to both girls than Van is to either one.

Having said that I don't think him booting Austin over Liz will decrease his target, I think they'll still be ticked and still more loyal to Van since Van didn't directly undermine the F&G F5, he's repeatedly chosen John over them and I don't think they will forget it if they win HoH or a crucial Veto. So I think Steve's calculus this week really is a toss up, how much can he trust that Liz/Julia will be so grateful about staying this week that they will forget about the last few where he's chosen John over them repeatedly,and target him regardless?

I mean, there are only six people left, five of whom have been long term aligned, it's the point at which they all knew they'd have to turn on each other, everyone is a target every week, so like I said he has to commit to whatever F2 he has in mind NOW, and no matter how close he is to both girls he will never be either's F2 if the other is still around.

• Love 1

And the guy she was planning on backdooring is still an ally, still in several alliances with her and agreed to do what she wanted in the last two evictions, to the detriment of his own game. The fact that you could be thinking about backdooring someone and not have them come at you the first chance they get takes serious skill, in my mind.

To be fair, Austin did want her out for a couple of weeks.  He just didn't want to do it himself.  Although he did seriously consider it.  Still, she's the best player in the game.

• Love 3

This is my first season watching BB. Can someone on the block win POV and save themselves AND another person on the block? Like, if Liz and Julia get put on the block, could Liz win POV and take both herself and her sister down?

Steve is telling Austin he has to put up Liz/Austin but telling Austin that he doesn't want Austin to go and he has the votes for him to stay. Austin is saying OK, he gets it, it makes sense, etc.

Austin says he can control Liz. OK buddy!

Also, I found this graphic of final 2 deals. LOL Vanessa.

LOL indeed.

Does Austin really not have a F2 deal with Julia?

Edited by Silo
  • Love 1

My people! I really want this to happen. It has no chance of actually happening though. Which is probably why I want it to lol. There's some part of my brain that forces me to root for the things that won't happen and hate the things that will. It makes watching this show really frustrating.

Since we are 100% losing an Austwin this week, I really hope it's Austin. Losing Austin rather than Liz is the worse thing for Vanessa. Plus I actually like Liz and want her to win the game. So, I'll be in my 'Liz For Veto!' prayer circle until Saturday.

I really don't get the Vanessa hate but that is another story. And i really don't want Liz to win because she has been the nastiest person in the house IMO.

But at this point i think that getting Liz out is in most people's best interest including the viewers. Austin and Julia don't really have any reason to stick together at that point and while Vanessa has deals with everyone at that point she has to make a choice who to go with. Her safest final 2 would be julia or possibly steve but no way she goes with julia since then she won't even make it to the final 2. If she sticks with Austin she loses at final 2. Etc.

And at that point anybody who wins an HOH can flip. If they get rid of austin they have to hope they can get the twins next or they still have the tightest bond.

• Love 1

Liz currently crying, and am kind of bummed that's she's being so relatively chill about going on the block against Austin, she was cool with Steve saying she knows Austwins were lucky to make it this far without being in this position. Damn it stop being self aware, and sympathetic, be your usual smug bitchy self!

Liz re:Van: Do you think she KNOWS! Haha. Oh Liz.

Well, that was anti-climatic.  I was rather hoping for a blindside, or at least more drama.  I'm personally hoping Austin goes, but that's just based on the fact that I can't stand him, and I want another guy gone.  That's all the logic I need :)

• Love 10

This is my first season watching BB. Can someone on the block win POV and save themselves AND another person on the block? Like, if Liz and Julia get put on the block, could Liz win POV and take both herself and her sister down?

No, if a person who is on the block wins POV and takes down the other person, then the POV winner remains on the block (and is an idiot). If a person who is NOT on the block wins POV, then the POV winner can take down one person and also remain safe from being the replacement nominee.

• Love 2