Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Now Vanessa having doubts that Audrey was not one of the votes to keep Jeff because she voted last. Smart. Dan was always a believer that the vote order tells you a lot.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4
(edited)

Vanessa pretty much figured out Steve was the hinky vote. Depending on how that conversation goes with Vanessa, he better watch out.

ETA: I can't wait for Austin to get out the house to see how his "precious" Liz used her own brain and voted for who she wanted.

ETA2: Vanessa told Liz to not use pawns on the block since they can't control votes. At least that could get interesting.

Edited by kellog010
(edited)

Dan was right, the vote order does tell you a lot - in fact, they usually make it pretty obvious.  Good job production.  

I think Vanessa may figure out the other vote was Liz.  If she does, maybe it gets back to Liz (via Austin?) and Liz tries to target her - although that would be crazy if Julia didn't want to do the same thing.

If Vanessa confronts him, Steve is probably best off trying to hint that he's America's Player but he gets to vote as he wants after week 5 (when the twins come in).  Although he probably can't pull that lie off anyway.

If Liz and Steve were in it together and she wins final HoH she might refuse to target him.  Otherwise I think Steve will be going out the door this week.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
(edited)

I think Steve is a nice guy, and knows a lot about the game, but I have yet to see any strategy from him, other than awkwardly telling people he trusts them and wants to work with them. I have no clue why he voted that way, but I don't think it's some master plan. He's kind of a bust, gamewise.

I really, really want to like Shelli. I did like her in her pre show interview. She is who I was desperately hoping for last year in the season of bros. I think I just hate couples so much at this point, I'm always going to hate them. Add to that Clay is useless, and Shelli was pretty obnoxious her first HOH; basically, I just don't want a repeat of two weeks ago.

I'd worry about this "alliance" cruising until the end except for the fact of who is in this alliance. Vanessa really wants to prove how smart she is, and she's already convinced herself of eight different things that aren't true, the biggest of which is that Audrey is America's player. Austin clearly is playing with emotions, and could decide to go after Clay if Clay looks at Liz wrong. Or he could decide he really is in love with Jackie, and completely bail. Clay and Shelli will go wherever the wind blows. Liz/Julia are only one week away from being in the game, but don't seem to be on the same page at all.

In short, I think this week will be predictable and boring and will suck, but I still have high hopes for the season.

Edited: yes, the vote order is huge, but I thought they were actually trying to mess with Audrey by making her vote last. As if she was the swing vote. Her being the last vote would have made me more suspicious of her, despite the 7-4 vote, because the show presents their narrative, and then puts the votes in that order, despite of what actually happens in the house.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 2

They build the suspense with the vote order. This vote was actually pretty blatant. Was obviously 2-2 at the first commercial break. Audrey voting last is a tell that she didn't vote to keep Jeff because it was already decided at that point.

Still don't know what Steve was thinking. Vanessa was protecting him. He really had no reason to do that. Terrible move.

(edited)

Vanessa told Audrey she doesn't think it was Steve, but I'm pretty sure she's lying.  She asked a bunch of questions about America's Player, I wonder if she believes Steve is America's Player now.   More likely she just doesn't want it getting back to Steve that she knows.

• Love 1

I guess we'll have to see what Vanessa is really thinking when she gets to talk with Shelli, Austin or Liz. I don't know if I believe that she believes Becky's one of the hinky votes and not Steve, because I'm baffled that there might be a chance that she believes him. I love Steve, but he's a horrible liar. This might very well make him a target this week, which sucks. I hope Julia likes him enough to find a way to not get him nominated and evicted this week.

(edited)

I think Clay is really, really done with Audrey. I think she irritates the hell out of him. I go back to last night, when Clay and Shelli were talking alone in the lounge about 90% gate, Audrey comes in, he asks her to leave, and she doesn't. The look on his face was pretty much "just get out of my face already". I have no idea what her thing is with Clay, but there is a thing. He's lost all trust and patience with her. But I give him credit, he's really patient with her right now.

I'd like to give Liz and Steve a shoutout for giving me some ridiculous, unnecessary drama to look forward to the next few days. America's player is totally a thing now, which is fun. Also, Vanessa is almost 100% sure Becky lied, she has several pieces of evidence. All righty then.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 3

"I'm almost 100% sure it was Becky."

For an alleged great poker player, Vanessa is really awful at reading people.

Oh my god. The latest from Vanessa - Audrey is America's Player but they can utilize her because she tips them off to who she has to vote for each week. 

I just can't anymore with this woman.

• Love 2

Yeah, the brilliant Vanessa is sure Steve wasn't a vote because he came to her about backdooring Jeff instead of Audrey. Probably because he kind of figured out Audrey wasn't an option. Vanessa is her own worst enemy. I do think she's smart and good at reading people. But this is not poker. It's a whole other game, and I think she still thinks she's playing poker. She'll get blindsided at some point. She's this season's Amanda for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

So Vanessa has also told Clay she thinks it was Becky and not Steve.  Although I'm still not convinced she doesn't know, maybe Steve really did fool her.  Or she is really sure she'll win $500k if she's against Steve in F2 and she cares more about winning then getting back at him.  Although that doesn't really fit her M.O., she seems to take things personally.

People say Vanessa's poker talent has always been more math based then person based.  Supposedly she does use a common poker trick of looking at a player's neck for their heartbeat to see if it deviates to check for deception.  Maybe Steve is just so nervous all the time - and especially in this conversation - that his heartbeat doesn't change enough for her to notice and he doesn't make any other obvious tells because his body always does weird shit when he's talking to people.  It would be hilarious if Steve's awkwardness saved him.

• Love 1

Sounds like Vanessa is pitching Jackie/Becky on one side and Jason/James on the other to keep Shelli in power. She wants Shelli to get dirty this week.

I love the fact that Vanessa kind of feels she's still HOH this week, and is basically telling Clay to tell Shelli what to do. Somehow, I don't see that going over well. I think Vanessa is about to get a lesson in what happens when your alliance is still HOH, but you are not the one who is actually HOH. I think I was wrong earlier about this week being boring. I mean, one of James/Jason or possibly Meg/Becky/Jackie is going, but this "alliance" is extremely shaky, and I look forward to lots of bitching about each other.

• Love 2

Sounds like Vanessa is pitching Jackie/Becky on one side and Jason/James on the other to keep Shelli in power. She wants Shelli to get dirty this week.

Oh, yeah.  Total power matchup.  With the right competition, the girls could easily stomp the boys.

What does vote order have to do with anything?

Most of these HGs are actual BB fans and so they know that CBS tries to organize the votes so that there's the maximum amount of drama going into the commercial break. For example, they're not going to let us see all the votes to evict Jeff before th break; they're going to break while it's tied. Since the HGs knew that John and Jackie were both voting to keep Jeff, they can probably narrow down who cast the unexpected votes, based on the order of votes and when the commercial break happened.

• Love 2
(edited)

Austin is such a creep. Hasn't left Liz's side all night. She doesn't like you, douchebag. Also: she voted to keep Jeff. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 7

Jackie is still on this show?  

Who knew.  

• Love 2

This is Liz's face when people start talking about the votes for Jeff.  I can't tell if she is realizing she accidentally voted for James to be evicted or if she's surprised other people are going to get targeted for her vote that she doesn't want to be targeted (at the moment, Becky).  When Steve's name got brought up she strongly insisted it wasn't him, but that could mean they planned it together and she is protecting him or she simply doesn't want him to get blamed for something she thinks he didn't do.

• Love 1

Becky of all people just called the Liz vote. First one I've heard suggest it.

But she's talking to Clay. So the idea probably dies in his empty head.

• Love 6

Isn't it kind of depressing that it seems like the only way to avoid a "bro" alliance is for one of the "bros" to be in a relationship with a woman?

I don't think that is true though. We've seen guys who keep the bro alliance over whatever girl they convince they are aligned with.

Random thought to make this week more fun (for us)....if Liz stays in power, could she potentially try to backdrop Austin with James as her known target? This is why I'm thinking there is a tiny chance of it happening:

1. We know she doesn't like Austin and tends to find him creepy

2. People here are saying Vanesssa is trying to distance herself from Austin

With all that in mind and with Liz in power, it may be the best opportunity (and we'd all probably love it). Vanessa could easily influence Liz into this, with Liz in power, Austin will think he is safe and not try in competitions and it definitely wouldn't be a waste of a HOH.

I know, it is as likely to happen as snow is likely to happen in Aruba. But it would be fun.

If they managed to pull of an Austin backdoor, it would be glorious. But alas, I think it's not gonna happen. Liz will probably think that she can control Austin (which I guess she could). Julia, on the other hand, might have the balls to put Austin up. I'm not sure how much Julia likes Austin, but it's less than Liz, I'm pretty sure. 

Heh, the twist this week is obviously three HOH's, guys.

Random thought to make this week more fun (for us)....if Liz stays in power, could she potentially try to backdrop Austin with James as her known target? This is why I'm thinking there is a tiny chance of it happening:

1. We know she doesn't like Austin and tends to find him creepy

2. People here are saying Vanesssa is trying to distance herself from Austin

With all that in mind and with Liz in power, it may be the best opportunity (and we'd all probably love it). Vanessa could easily influence Liz into this, with Liz in power, Austin will think he is safe and not try in competitions and it definitely wouldn't be a waste of a HOH.

I know, it is as likely to happen as snow is likely to happen in Aruba. But it would be fun.

I don't think Liz will do anything to nominate Austin until Julia is in the house.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want Steve to talk to the live feeders and tell us what he thought he was doing.   That's probably the only way we will get any answers on that.  I thought he had enough self awareness to know that he's not in with the group enough to pull  something like that off.

I was impressed listening to Vanessa  break it down in numbers that a hinky vote hasn't come from anybody who has been on the block or HOH.   i thought it was an interesting glimpse into how that poker mind works.   She didn't figure Liz, but she got it down to either Audrey or Steve pulling a fast one this week. 

Edited by vb68

The ratings are low, but I blame that on Battle of the Block returning instead of the cast.  Nobody I know (either in real life or via the internet) likes it.  A friend of mine that is a long time watcher is refusing to watch this year because they brought it back.  It's just bad for the game.

I really miss the key pull.  Key order at the nomination ceremony always told a story or added drama.  This show desperately needs that back.  BotB has just fallen flat.  Hated it last season, hate it now.

Vote order does give off some tell tale signs, but none of these people are smart enough to figure that out.  They are no where near Dan's level.  

Becky is this years' BB11 Michelle.  

• Love 4

Im just going to say this. Liz and Julia always look and sound stoned.

Not sure if anyone will know what I'm talking about, but Liz/Julia remind me of Mirage, Syndrome's assistant from The Incredibles. (Elizabeth Pena voiced the character). 

• Love 1

FB time around 12:00 BBT last night, cam 1 & 2. Audrey telling Clay and Austin that James was hitting on her.

Audrey: He asked me how things work down there. How I climax. If I'm a squirter.

Oh my god.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh for fucks sake. Clay is asking JMac to throw the BOTB again.

ETA: And JMac says he's ok with throwing it again. You gotta be fucking kidding me, dude.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2
(edited)

In the past twenty minutes I've discovered that: Vanessa is some hybrid of Derrick and Devin, but less than both of them. Shelli gets frustrated easily. Liz whines a lot. Poor Johnny Mac is probably gonna have to try to throw another BotB. And these guys in the HoH couldn't strategize their way out of a paper bag, even with Vanessa's help.

Last night, I caught myself doing a Liz-style "I knooooowugh" to Mr. Callaphera. Maybe I should step away from the feeds for awhile.

And we have Jeff highlights. Noms coming soon?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Oh for fucks sake. Clay is asking JMac to throw the BOTB again.

ETA: And JMac says he's ok with throwing it again. You gotta be fucking kidding me, dude.

I hope, for Johnny Mac's sake, he tells them to go fuck themselves. Ok, maybe in less harsh words. Like, do they want him to be in control of the veto every single week? But seriously, the guy's being a pawn but the difference between him and other pawns is that he's able to take himself off the block. You'd think these people might actually consider the danger of keeping him around. I love JMac but he's definitely a dangerous player later in the game. especially when he wins HOH and decides he wants to cash in those favours.

• Love 4

I love JMac but he's definitely a dangerous player later in the game. especially when he wins HOH and decides he wants to cash in those favours.

I want this to happen so badly. Especially if he sits up there in the HoH bed with the robe on, all Godfather like, and starts reminding them of what he's done for their games. Come on, Johnny Mac, live up to your Veto King status.

• Love 7

Last night, I caught myself doing a Liz-style "I knooooowugh" to Mr. Callaphera last night. Maybe I should step away from the feeds for awhile.

I find myself sounding like Liz, Shelli, and Vanessa often and quite frankly it's frightening.

I can't believe Clay has the gall to ask John to throw BOB again and I can't believe John is actually gonna do it.

I'm so tired of this group being in power. And I'm so annoyed with everyone who's not with them just letting themselves get picked off rather than band together. It's last season all over again.

• Love 4
(edited)

They should just put up Jackie, James, Jason and Meg and let the chips fall however they will. Sit back and relax. If one wins veto, back door Becky like they discussed or Audrey. This should have been an easy week. I think the best time to cut Austin is in the Double Eviction. He's way too creepy but if he has a few days on the block he will blow up all their games.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 2
(edited)

Shelli is totally skeeved out by Austin, so she's growing on me.

And again, I don't get the love for JMac. He's a weak floater who sleeps 19 hours a day. I can't believe he's agreeing to throw another comp. But hey, he has a really goofy laugh.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5