Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

It's pretty diabolical by Vanessa to keep telling Austin he has a shot with Liz when she's knows damn well he doesn't. I actually think she's wants to create a wedge between Austin and Steve over Liz. I don't quite understand the angle. 

• Love 5

I think if they talk about them without too much detail, it's all right. Steve was talking about a girl that he liked all through high school that turned him down but he said he couldn't say anymore because she didn't sign a release. They didn't fish him or cut away but he was also careful to not talk in detail.

Now Vanessa is telling Liz that Steve thinks that Liz likes him. Steve earlier said that Liz and Austin are weirder as a showmance than McCranda. Nothing is worse than McCranda.

• Love 2
(edited)

All this talk of crushes will make them all wary of each other. Less likely for them to compare notes or team up when they are all avoiding each other.

ETA: I think Steve is adorable. Who cares if he's a virgin or inexperienced. He's a nice guy and he's respectful to women.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 15

ETA: I think Steve is adorable. Who cares if he's a virgin or inexperienced. He's a nice guy and he's respectful to women.

I like the guy, too, but there's "inexperienced with women" and then there's Steve. He'd be a really challenging guy to be in a relationship with. Nice guy, for sure, and as a friend, no problema, but I can't even imagine how rough it would be for someone to date him. But yeah, it's sweet to have a guy in the house who is actually respectful of women.

As to another point someone brought up before, I can't get over how well Shelli is playing. She annoys me, but really, good for her. She's playing really well. I think she's outplaying Vanessa even (who is also playing well). The best players being women? Good for BB17!

• Love 6

So apparently, Austin and Vanessa learned about the ninja alliance, and they've started to realize that Clay and Shelli are full of shit and playing both sides.  They're going to start distancing themselves from them.  Good plan.  They've brought their side deals to Clay and Shelli, but Clay and Shelli have never brought their side deals to them.  Easy to see they don't trust them.

• Love 1
I think Steve is adorable. Who cares if he's a virgin or inexperienced. He's a nice guy and he's respectful to women.

People mature at different ages.  Genetics are involved as are life experiences.  Some of yesterday's nerds are today's billionaires with wonderful social lives and families.  Give Steve some breaks...and some time.   I think his social life might just improve drastically after the show.

• Love 16

Aww man, Liz said that? Steve, you deserve better...go after Julia, instead. She seems like she would like you. I love Steve because he is one of the only respectful males in the house. He has said countless times that he doesn't want to offend anyone, and even if he does say something, I do think it's because he's trying to fit in. 

Liz seems to get a lot of the guys' attention because of her flirting. Austin, James, Jeff, Steve and I think Clay have all commented on how attractive they find Liz/Julia. Austin and Jeff, though, are just way more vocal and way more pushy about it. Austin's now on my nerves because of his entitled attitude. Vanessa pushing for Austin/Liz is odd. I don't like Liz as much as I like Julia (I just find Julia more respectable and more fun to watch) and it's mostly because she keeps insisting to flirt with all the guys, including Jeff (who her sister has told her to stay away from with good reason) and she has even said she doesn't like Steve, yet she's flirting with him.

I am happy for the women to be stronger players than the men, though. Shelli without Clay is actually a pretty strong player. Vanessa could be a good player if she didn't show her crazy side this week as HOH. Audrey's nutso, but I like her Clay shade and it is keeping her in the house as a target. I just really like Julia and think she made a good move in telling Vanessa about the twin twist. I think it saved her from getting evicted earlier and I think her and Liz will easily coast to jury now. Becky and Jackie are non-existent, but that's also a good thing. It will also probably get them to jury.

But these showmances, though. There are so many people crushing on other people and it's hilarious to watch. The only showmance I'm rooting for, though, is Steve/Julia. Come on Steve, choose the better sister (in my opinion)!

• Love 6

I love that the fact that Audrey is completely incapable of not lying has Vanessa "1000%" convinced she's America's player. Honestly, as paranoid and nutso as Vanessa can get, this is a pretty logical conclusion. But I don't care how wrong she is, I'm just glad that Audrey is now on her radar. I'm equally glad to hear that Vanessa and Austin do not fully trust Shelli and Clay. I was worrying that those four along with Liz/Julia would cruise pretty easily the next few weeks, but I don't think it's going to be so simple. Which, good. More chaos please!

• Love 3

I was wondering if perhaps Vanessa's insistence that Audrey is America's Player might be her way of fabricating a reason to evict Audrey, considering her assumed aversion to being the person to evict the first transgender houseguest. Laying the groundwork for a future nomination? Maybe?

• Love 2
(edited)

I was wondering if perhaps Vanessa's insistence that Audrey is America's Player might be her way of fabricating a reason to evict Audrey, considering her assumed aversion to being the person to evict the first transgender houseguest. Laying the groundwork for a future nomination? Maybe?

That's possible, but Vanessa's bouts of paranoia are too much of a trend to think it's strategy.

How hilarious would it be if Audrey doesn't throw a hinky vote this week now?

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2
(edited)

Noooooooooo Shelly. Don't even say that out loud that you are being persuaded to keep Jeff. NO. At least she can be talked off the ledge. Please let Jeff be evicted tomorrow.

Finally Shelli / Clay and Vanessa comparing notes on how Audrey plants seeds of paranoia with them.

ETA: So these fools in the HOH, Vanessa, Shelli, Clay with the addition of Audrey who just never leaves and Austin were talking game while Jackie is in the HOH shower. Because that's not suspicious. .

Edited by kellog010

I'm shocked the DR wants to keep him with that youtube and general dislike out there.

The broadcast episode more or less portrayed him as Austin, Vanessa, Clay, and Shelli's victim tonight, even though we all know that he actually brought it on himself.  Sure enough, some fans have flocked to his defense and want the Sixth Sense overthrown now, so they probably want to save him since they think he can lead the charge for it.  God knows James won't be able to.

• Love 1

Jeff just spilled his entire game to Clay. Outed his alliance with Jason/Meg/James. Said he was working with Jackie. If he stays wants to work with Steve. Yikes.

(edited)

Yeah, I'm not sure why the DR wants to keep Jeff, except for the fact that yet another takeover wrist would be a bust. I seriously don't know how Grodner still has a job. "Even though 90% of the time my twists turn out to be busts, what would really be great is to have a new one every week! That won't backfire at all! And make the worst twist ever - the BotB - which was really unpopular the "fan favorite" twist so everyone will forget how much it wasn't! I'm a genius!"

They got a ton of alcohol tonight (well, at least comparatively). Either Austin is going to get sloppy with Liz, Jeff is going to lose his shit, or Audrey is going to tell the truth. Basically, crazy things could happen.

Oh wait, all the alcohol is already gone. Shelli is buzzed, but otherwise people are behaving. Boo.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jeff about Vanessa: "She is a piece of shit. She is such a pussy. She is such a little bitch. I honestly have more respect for Audrey. This honestly shows her true character. She is such a loser."

Jeff has reached the anger stage of his eviction. 

Also, for some reason Vanessa told Jackie -- JACKIE! -- she thinks Audrey is America's Player and Jackie told Jeff. Yeah, Vanessa is just being a sloppy moron at this point, from a gameplay perspective. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

I really, really need Austin to never utter the phrase "no one becomes between me and my twins" ever again. Unfortunately I feel he will say it at least fifty more times.

Meanwhile, Clay told Vanessa, Shelli and Austin he was 90% sure he was voting out Jeff. Hah! Vanessa was pissed. He then upped it to 99%, which didn't help matters. The thing is, Clay is a wimp. If people want to break up the power couple, they need to boot Shelli. She is clearly the brains of the operation.

• Love 4

Jackie said that Shelli is fake, called her the c-word. I don't know how it's not obvious to the rest of the house who her and Clay are aligned with. Shelli has spent all her free time this week with Audrey and Vanessa. I haven't even seen her interact with any of the other girls in the house.

Shelli is so the brains of the operation. I've really come around on her. I thought she was all bitchy but she's smart. Granted, she's a little bitchy because she's been in power since Day 1. She always telling Clay like it is. He ain't too bright. He did make a good point (well, Shelli really did) was that it was Austin who wanted Jeff out so bad. They only went with it after the fact that Austin threw the BOB. That said, Clay saying he was 90% sure about voting out Jeff wasn't the smartest thing to say to Vanessa. He's so dumb.

• Love 1

Shelli chewing Clay out about saying his vote is only 90%...

Audrey enters room and interrupts.

Clay asks her to leave.

She doesn't leave.

Clay to Audrey: "Can I finish our conversation real fast?"
Audrey doesn't leave
Clay: "No, really we need to finish our convo. I don't mean to be rude."
Audrey: "Yes you do"
Clay "You can have your third wheel time in about 5 minutes"
Audrey: "No, this is your third wheel time."

Awkward silence.

Audrey says really loud "OK WE'LL TALK ABOUT THAT THING LATER, CLAY."

Clay: *sighs*

• Love 7

Jackie confirmed her strategy to Jeff: "I'm not playing till the jury."  She's choosing to lie low until the jury phase begins.  Smart.  She's only coming out of the woodwork for HoH Competitions so she can try and win to go after Clay and Shelli, but is otherwise going to stick to the background.

Also, they had this exchange:

Jeff: I'm gonna go confront Austin.
Jackie: Why?  You'll leave, and he can talk as much shit as he wants about you when you're gone.  It'll just confirm everything everyone's saying about you right now.

Jackie's surprisingly perceptive for someone who's been a total non-entity this whole time. The "I'm not playing until jury" strategy is not good TV, but it's a good move to preserve yourself for when people need allies, and I commend her for making that conscious decision before the game even started.

• Love 12

Jason and Meg were talking earlier about how they want Steve or Austin out next. I don't understand what Jason's issue with Steve is but he really despises him. Anyway, if Jason/Meg are in power and don't target Audrey I'm just gonna assume DR has told them she's off limits. 

(edited)

From Jokers:

07/15/15 04:49 PM
Austin wanted his goodbye message to Jeff to be with both twins: "Nobody gets in the way of me and my twins! *snap*" But DR wouldn't let him.

07/15/15 09:20 PM
Austin tells Liz his "don't come between me and my twins" goodbye message. BB calls him out. Austin calls Jeff a mean drunk.  "Dude, you do not want to fight me!"

Austin is so gross.  When he discovered that Liz was actually Liz and Julia, he didn't try to figure out which twin was the one he really liked, he just decided they're both his.  He chases after Jackie sometimes, too.

Meanwhile:

07/15/15 06:02 PM
Shelli tells Clay and Van in hoh that DR is trying to persuade her to keep Jeff. FISH follow quickly. NT

Later, in the HOH:

07/15/15 09:09 PM
Vanessa asks Clay why he hasn't told Jeff he's voting him out. Clay says he's 95% sure he's voting out Jeff. Vanessa asks why not 100 percent. Clay says he still hasn't talked about it with Shelli yet. Shelli says Clay can talk about it in front of Vanessa.

Vanessa speedily lays out to Clay how he needs to vote Jeff out. She's quite insistent about it.

Shelli says Clay's just upset because he's close to Jeff. Clay says Jeff makes valid points. Shelli asks what those points are. Clay now says that he's 99% sure he's voting out Jeff.

Austin's wandered in and now all three are hectoring Clay about how he needs to vote Jeff out. Vanessa says she'll be "f'ing pissed" and her trust will be blown if he and Shelli don't vote Jeff out.

Clay finally capitulates.

Vanessa leaves Shelli and Clay alone in HOH

07/15/15 09:21 PM
Shelli to Clay: "It really makes me mad when you don't get it." NT

07/15/15 09:23 PM
Clay says 90% was "a bad number". He just wanted to make sure Shelli didn't have any doubts about voting Jeff out, which she clearly doesn't. Shelli schoolmarms that Clay needs to pick an alliance and stick with it. She doesn't want to lose trust with Vanessa.

07/15/15 09:24 PM
Clay says to stop thinking that he'd ever pick Jeff over Shelli. Audrey pokes her head in and says, "SHAAADYYYYY!" NT

07/15/15 09:30 PM
Clay asks Audrey to leave. Audrey doesn't. Clay makes disapproving faces. Audrey finally departs. Shelli says she would've been on Jeff's side. She'd never have thought that she'd be wanting to vote Jeff out Week 3. Clay says he's (Jeff) outta there.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1
(edited)
Jason and Meg were talking earlier about how they want Steve or Austin out next.

They're clueless, but did Jason really mean that?  That's what the consensus seems to be, and I haven't watched the scene yet, but according to twitter the exact quote is - 

Meg - "I don't trust Austin."

Jason - "I would rather get him out over Audrey honestly. Or Steve. Audrey will be dealt with eventually."

I think that could be interpreted both ways.  He could mean he'd rather get Austin out over both Audrey or Steve, or he'd rather get Austin or Steve out before Audrey.  Considering his verbalized targets in the past have been both Audrey and Steve, I think him saying he's moving Austin in front of both their targets could make sense.  Or it could be the later meaning and, again, I haven't watched it so I'm not sure.

I do think that Jason is jealous of Steve though.  He sees someone that is equally obsessed with Big Brother, way more nerdy, way more socially awkward, but while Jason works as a cashier and lives in his mom's basement Steve attends ivy league colleges and seems like he's on a path to succeed in life regardless of what happens on Big Brother.

Meanwhile - according to Joker's - on Austin's and Liz's date, Austin mentions how a girlfriend's sister accused him of murder and Liz says she has gotten lucky with drunk driving many times.  Nice.

Oh, and Vanessa is freaking out again.  This could be an interesting night.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 3

Yeah, I'm not sure why the DR wants to keep Jeff, except for the fact that yet another takeover wrist would be a bust. I seriously don't know how Grodner still has a job. "Even though 90% of the time my twists turn out to be busts, what would really be great is to have a new one every week! That won't backfire at all! And make the worst twist ever - the BotB - which was really unpopular the "fan favorite" twist so everyone will forget how much it wasn't! I'm a genius!".

Jeff is definitely getting a favorable edit. But don't forget he is part of the great CBS crossover so maybe Grodner thinks he should be protected so they can keep that storyline. Clearly the Amazing Race week was a bust and Jackie is laying low. If she can't even pull off a success with another show's help maybe production thinks it will look bad.

Whoever thought a simple response would generate such distrust?

Clay's "ninety-percent" remark has got Austin pumped up and ready to expose Clay and Shelli for all of their deals and alliances.

That was a really, really stupid thing for Clay to say.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't believe Vanessa right now. She is utterly manic with paranoia over such an innocuous comment.

I just don't understand why she gets a smidgen of strategic credibility.

I am sorry, but she is too busy being a maniac to apply any strategy to her moves.

Even though I think Shelli lost major points for making Clay her number 1, he's got two big advantages that offsets the bad. He's a meatshield and physical competitive beast. He should be anyway. If she can handle him like she has been, she'll continue to be in a good position.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

I don't think there's a single competent strategist in the entire lot.

I had high hopes for Vanessa, and have given her a lot of leeway. But after tonight I'm off that bandwagon until further notice. Looking back, she should have never tried to win this HOH anyway. These recruits just don't understand the value gained by not winning competitions, especially early.

• Love 2

I don't think there's a single competent strategist in the entire lot.

I had high hopes for Vanessa, and have given her a lot of leeway. But after tonight I'm off that bandwagon until further notice. Looking back, she should have never tried to win this HOH anyway. These recruits just don't understand the value gained by not winning competitions, especially early.

I'm right about there with you RE Vanessa.

She started out her HoH reign managing people like a surgeon wields a scalpel; a suggestion here, a nudge there.

Now, she's swinging a sledgehammer at the least suggestion someone isn't in absolute, total lockstep with her agenda.

Vanessa has become BB's own Queen of Hearts - which begs the question: who's Alice?

• Love 1

And Amy in the DR also likes him. He figures that's why they didn't get alcohol last night and why date night got cancelled. Because all of us ladies, we just fall down at his feet with hearts in our eyes. I wish he would shut up. I just want to enjoy the pretty!

He's not attractive to me at all. He looks like some caveman fratbro hybrid. I don't like his weirdhair, poor quality tattoos, facial hair, personality, sense of humor, dweeby interests, creepy fixations, arrogance, and game play. Other than that he's attractive.

• Love 9

Austin grates on me because I think he honestly feels all these people are into him. He practically pees on Liz/Julia marking his territory, he thinks he's wooing Jackie and he's pursuing Jason - he believes he's that irresistible. His "I'm a sensitive, gentle giant" schtick annoys me so much.

• Love 8
(edited)

He's not attractive to me at all. He looks like some caveman fratbro hybrid.

I agree he's nothing to look at.  He's rather gross IMO.  I still think he looks like someone inflated Gene Simmons.  And I wish he would put on a damn shirt as the tats get old.

As for Vanessa, even if she went on too long, I get why she was pissed at the 90% comment.  I certainly would have been.  But then I would never trust Clay and Shelli either. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7

I'm glad to hear other people find Austin unattractive. I was beginning to think it was just me, since a lot of people do seem to fawn over him.  His hair and beard just look dirty and gross; and the tattoos are really unbecoming IMO.  He looks like he might smell bad.

• Love 9
(edited)

As for Vanessa, even if she went on too long, I get why she was pissed at the 90% comment.  I certainly would have been. 

Yea, I agree. I mean that's certainly something to be worried about, but she takes everything too far. It's like with Austin throwing the BOB. Like I of course get being mad about that, but she went way OTT with it. 

I feel like Vanessa is definitely doing some of this for game play, but even still it's irritating and stupid. Plus I think some of it is actually real anyway so I can't stand her tbh. I want her nominated next week. I bet she'd go full-on insane.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2