Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Amy DIVORCE

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

My husband always liked Amy better, but I was more for Matt  for the first year or two, until like others have said, his other side started coming out more and more.  The fact that he was unable to put his feelings aside for the sake of his kids really bothered me more than anything else, I think (the family vacations, in particular).  Likewise, I liked Jeremy initially, but find him insufferable now, and appreciate Zach more.  I think both Zach and Amy made real efforts to improve.  Amy expanded her horizons, lost weight, and worked on herself, and Zach simply grew up, and became more responsible (unlike his brother).  I was never a big fan of Jake until the accident - after that, it broke my heart seeing how Matt treated the whole situation.  Jake was frequently pawned off on Mike by Matt, and when Mike died, Jake was completely lost.  Plus I know what it's like to be blamed for everything under the sun - even when 99% of it is not your fault - and it's an absolutely shitty position to be in.  I LOVED the episodes when Amy's dad would visit, and let his true feelings about Matt be known.  

who was mike ?

44 minutes ago, sATL said:

who was mike ?

Mike was on the earlier seasons. He worked on the farm, and Jacob was a child then and was close to him. They both got hurt in an accident on the farm but recovered. Mike died of heart trouble. I don't think it was related to the accident. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, sATL said:

who was mike ?

Mike was a "family friend" and the boys soccer coach.  He was always present in the first few years.  He helped on the farm a lot, and Matt always seemed to push Jake off on him when he gets under foot and in Matt's way.  Mike and Jake ran the Trebuchet, and was the 2nd person severely injured when it malfunctioned.  The accident didn't cause his death - he died a few years later - but when he passed, Jake was lost, and I felt so badly for him.

ETA:  https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2008/06/little-people-big-world-mike_detjen_dies/

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 3

Well, I started with team Matt and switch to team Amy and I’m beginning to think I’m now on nobody’s team😂.  Although I still lean toward Team Amy maybe.

However, the one thing that I have to agree with Matt on was that that house was not only cluttered it was filthy.   There is no excuse for that. Hire a maid. Make the kids pick up after themselves.  Do some housework. I understand she was working two jobs and raising for kids but plenty of women have jobs and raise kids and live in a clean house.

I also think Amy is a hoarder. She could not throw anything away even after the kids left. Everything had an emotional connection attached to it. And I understand that to an extent but you can’t keep everything. So I have to say, I do understand his frustration with that aspect of living with her. However, from season one, it was clear that the problems lie deeper than that.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Well, I started with team Matt and switch to team Amy and I’m beginning to think I’m now on nobody’s team😂.  Although I still lean toward Team Amy maybe.

However, the one thing that I have to agree with Matt on was that that house was not only cluttered it was filthy.   There is no excuse for that. Hire a maid. Make the kids pick up after themselves.  Do some housework. I understand she was working two jobs and raising for kids but plenty of women have jobs and raise kids and live in a clean house.

I also think Amy is a hoarder. She could not throw anything away even after the kids left. Everything had an emotional connection attached to it. And I understand that to an extent but you can’t keep everything. So I have to say, I do understand his frustration with that aspect of living with her. However, from season one, it was clear that the problems lie deeper than that.

Matt could have made the kids pick up after themselves and done some housework himself, but he didn't. I don't see why the blame lies with Amy on this one. I imagine that Amy got tired of trying and just gave up. I would be tempted too, if everyone else thought I should magically do all of the cleaning after working and raising kids.  F that. 

(Now, turning down the organizer, who in their right mind does that?!). 

• Love 6

I'd turn down an organizer if I was certain it was a passive aggressive dig by my spouse to humiliate me on national television.

I doubt Matt would be pleased as punch to be gifted with a a public lesson from a personal finance expert on how to keep his projects on budget. 

It was a passive aggressive dick move on his part.

• Love 17
Just now, Rap541 said:

I'd turn down an organizer if I was certain it was a passive aggressive dig by my spouse to humiliate me on national television.

I doubt Matt would be pleased as punch to be gifted with a a public lesson from a personal finance expert on how to keep his projects on budget. 

It was a passive aggressive dick move on his part.

Yep.  I mentioned that prior.  I **MIGHT** have been OK with it if it had been done in private, but on TV?  HELLO NO!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Yep.  I mentioned that prior.  I **MIGHT** have been OK with it if it had been done in private, but on TV?  HELLO NO!

Now that you both mention it, I'd probably decline under those circumstances as well! My love of organization is strong, though. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Matt is a hoarder, too.  Perhaps he's even worse than Amy.  His hoarding is out in the barns and sheds, garages, and basement.  

That is very true.

(edited)

I am now in Season 14 and still mourning the loss of Rocky in the prior season (how I could get attached to a dog I have never met and who died years ago is beyond me, but, there it is). 

What is now apparent to me, at this time in the viewing, is that they got married very quickly before they really knew each other. While there was child raising to be done, it was less obvious that they had absolutely nothing in common. Once the kids started leaving, their unhappiness became greater because there was no buffer and what was lacking was more apparent.

Being a type A personality myself,  I can understand how a person like Amy would drive Matt crazy.  It would drive me crazy. However, he was totally dismissive of her, he proceeded on things that she clearly did not agree on and did not care that she did not agree on it, and he did a multitude of things behind her back (buying the VW Bug, for example).  If you’re deceptive on one thing, you are probably deceptive on everything.  He also showed very little respect for her most of the time.

Many of you see him as passive aggressive when actually she appears more passive aggressive to me.  She knows exactly what’s going to set him off and, in her sweet way what-me-worry way,  she does it every time.  Let’s face it, they’ve each been swiping at the other for years.

I still think I’m on Team Amy though.

By the way, at this point, I feel very sorry for Jacob.  The kid is really depressed and the parents don’t seem to notice because they’re so involved in their own drama.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kid said:

I am now in Season 14 and still mourning the loss of Rocky in the prior season (how I could get attached to a dog I have never met and who died years ago is beyond me, but, there it is). 

What is now apparent to me, at this time in the viewing, is that they got married very quickly before they really knew each other. While there was child raising to be done, it was less obvious that they had absolutely nothing in common. Once the kids started leaving, their unhappiness became greater because there was no buffer and what was lacking was more apparent.

Being a type A personality myself,  I can understand how a person like Amy would drive Matt crazy.  It would drive me crazy. However, he was totally dismissive of her, he proceeded on things that she clearly did not agree on and did not care that she did not agree on it, and he did a multitude of things behind her back (buying the VW Bug, for example).  If you’re deceptive on one thing, you are probably deceptive on everything.  He also showed very little respect for her most of the time.

Many of you see him as passive aggressive when actually she appears more passive aggressive to me.  She knows exactly what’s going to set him off and, in her sweet way what-me-worry way,  she does it every time.  Let’s face it, they’ve each been swiping at the other for years.

I still think I’m on Team Amy though.

By the way, at this point, I feel very sorry for Jacob.  The kid is really depressed and the parents don’t seem to notice because they’re so involved in their own drama.

For me, the question about which "team" I'm on is more about who Matt and Amy are minus their relationship.  People in relationships can often bring out the worst in each other, but in this case, Matt seems like he's a jerk to people who aren't Amy.  Amy's not perfect, of course, but she seems to be more introspective and trustworthy as a human overall.  She's got long-term friendships, too.  Matt doesn't have anyone besides his kids and Caryn.  

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I have seen pictures of Matt on Instagram with his guy friends.

Thanks for the correction; I'm honestly glad to know he's got friends in his life.  I still wouldn't trust him as a human being.  

• Love 3

Show is now on while I get ready in a.m. I have never watched one minute of it before the last few weeks (repeats 6a.m  to 7a.m.). These people hate each other. They would be better off not having any joint business or businesses. They obviously will always share children and now a grandchild but they obviously bring out the worst in each other.

• Love 3

re-posting from other thread - 

ON 4/20/2019 AT 3:03 PM, GINGER90 SAID:

I’d like to see the divorce agreement. There shouldn’t have been anything left up in the air and open to future negotiations, IMO.

Here ya go.

Well this is interesting reading... I'm still stuck on Jacob being listed on page 1, Amy didn't get for spousal support, and looks like some of the older cars aren't paid off (associated indebtedness) - 2001 Cadillac ?

Molly been out of college & working. I would have transferred title and any payments to her a while ago - 2006 Honda CRV. I have friends (yes, still married) who got out of their kiddos car responsibility 3 mths (or less) after getting their job after college.

They both have to still manage the kids custodial accounts (529? plan). Until when ??? I'm not saying let them cash it all in tomorrow... but there has to be some kind of time when parents roll slowly off ...

What happened to all of the adultery talk ? Its to hard to prove in court, or does it hold up proceedings ?

so the current debate issue is :

#2 - Roloff Family Farms Inc --> the land & attractions

#4 - Roloff Properties LLC   ---> which I guess is the big house/doublewide

Edited by sATL
On 4/5/2019 at 6:00 PM, Kid said:

Ok.  I have not even finished Season Two and I have switched over to Team Amy!!

It was the accident at the catapult (why was a child that young operating it?).  Matt seemed to be more concerned with being home dealing with the press rather than being at the hospital with his son and wife.  It appeared from the filming that Amy dealt with everything at the hospital alone.  

So, yeah, Team Amy.

I agree that she's preferable to Matt. However; IIRC, at NO point during that horrible pumpkin catapult disaster which could have KILLED both their youngest son and the adult family friend (but wound up giving Jacob a concussion and taking a chunk of his skull and badly scarring adult  the family friend's face) did Amy so much as object to Matt's insistence that the two injured parties  later REBUILD his toy- much less   tear it apart herself!  I mean, this was not a car or even a tractor that was something vital to the continuing existence of their family farm much less a needed device but a TOY Matt had put up just to shoot up pumpkins many feet in the air before they went splat! Period.  If ever there was a hill to die on re making a stance in their marriage, I say wanting to ensure their offspring's safety instead of rebuilding a dangerous toy would have been it. Yet, that didn't seem to be something Amy herself seemed to do more than shrug off. And they actually seemed surprised when Jacob went off the rails later on! 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Blergh said:

I agree that she's preferable to Matt. However; IIRC, at NO point during that horrible pumpkin catapult disaster which could have KILLED both their youngest son and the adult family friend (but wound up giving Jacob a concussion and taking a chunk of his skull and badly scarring adult  the family friend's face) did Amy so much as object to Matt's insistence that the two injured parties  later REBUILD his toy- much less   tear it apart herself!  I mean, this was not a car or even a tractor that was something vital to the continuing existence of their family farm much less a needed device but a TOY Matt had put up just to shoot up pumpkins many feet in the air before they went splat! Period.  If ever there was a hill to die on re making a stance in their marriage, I say wanting to ensure their offspring's safety instead of rebuilding a dangerous toy would have been it. Yet, that didn't seem to be something Amy herself seemed to do more than shrug off. And they actually seemed surprised when Jacob went off the rails later on! 

It's been so long that I couldn't recall a lot of the aftermath of that whole mess.  I have always hoped that behind the scenes, she was all over that, but we don't know for sure.  😕

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

It's been so long that I couldn't recall a lot of the aftermath of that whole mess.  I have always hoped that behind the scenes, she was all over that, but we don't know for sure.  😕

Possibly but not necessary. At no point during either the 'hay bale' summations nor at any later point (e.g. when detailing why they decided to end the marriage did Amy mention having so much as objected to Matt's catapult priorities) - not even when the adult  family friend suddenly died not too long after the accident and everyone reflected what he'd meant to them. IOW, we don't know but if she did actually dis Matt for that behind the scene, she and Matt sure kept quiet about in spite of the many opportunities each had at the time and since then  to mention it. 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:25 PM, jacksgirl said:

Show is now on while I get ready in a.m. I have never watched one minute of it before the last few weeks (repeats 6a.m  to 7a.m.). These people hate each other. They would be better off not having any joint business or businesses. They obviously will always share children and now a grandchild but they obviously bring out the worst in each other.

Correction:  There are 2 Grandchildren.  Jeremy and Audrey have Ember, and Zach and Tori have Jackson.

On 4/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, sATL said:

re-posting from other thread - 

ON 4/20/2019 AT 3:03 PM, GINGER90 SAID:

I’d like to see the divorce agreement. There shouldn’t have been anything left up in the air and open to future negotiations, IMO.

Here ya go.

Well this is interesting reading... I'm still stuck on Jacob being listed on page 1, Amy didn't get for spousal support, and looks like some of the older cars aren't paid off (associated indebtedness) - 2001 Cadillac ?

Molly been out of college & working. I would have transferred title and any payments to her a while ago - 2006 Honda CRV. I have friends (yes, still married) who got out of their kiddos car responsibility 3 mths (or less) after getting their job after college.

They both have to still manage the kids custodial accounts (529? plan). Until when ??? I'm not saying let them cash it all in tomorrow... but there has to be some kind of time when parents roll slowly off ...

What happened to all of the adultery talk ? Its to hard to prove in court, or does it hold up proceedings ?

so the current debate issue is :

#2 - Roloff Family Farms Inc --> the land & attractions

#4 - Roloff Properties LLC   ---> which I guess is the big house/doublewide

Under the circumstances, I was quite surprised to see such a basic property settlement order.  Man, that's pretty incredible. I guess a bulk of items, accounts were owned by the business entities. 

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Under the circumstances, I was quite surprised to see such a basic property settlement order.  Man, that's pretty incredible. I guess a bulk of items, accounts were owned by the business entities. 

I was thinking that both Amy and Matt had bugged the sh*t  out of their attornies and the result was "let's just get these parties divorced doing what fair, equitable and the quickest".  Everyone probably was thinking they can argue over property settlement later.

I don't think Matt nor Amy thought it through on living as a single person - if your single that doesn't mean you continue ties with your ex-spouse, to the point you can't move on with your life without consulting with them.

Look at how many RHO* have gotten divorced over the years. Most of them had less drama than these two- esp given Matt and Any have been at odds with each other for years.

• Love 2
(edited)

Amy is a horrible Manipulative Bitch. And it takes one to know one since I was just like her for years. When did she get so fat? Amy is wider than she is tall. That is not healthy at all. I had a dwarf uncle who put on a ton of weight and within a year was dead at 42 years old. At least Matts body weight seems to be about what it should be for his heioght and size. She has just become HUGE. 

I thought Amber, the mom on 7 Little Johnstons was getting big but her and Amy are neck and neck with their battle to be the fattest Dwarf on reality TV. I think Amber is in the lead right now but since Amy is recently married she is sure ti out on another 30 lbs. and shrink another inch orr two. They all have their episodes where they talk about losing weight and working out and 6 minutes later they are onto something else. You can be very short and you can be very Fat, but Short and Fat is a BAD combo that the heart doesnt like. Hopefully Chris will vhange mys horrible nasty attitude and on that note, what in the hell was Chris thinking marrying Amy. He could do much better in both the looks and especially the personality department. I give Chris and Amy 3 years Max before she wears him out with her negativity and bitching and just General BS that she brings to the table.

I see Matt and Caryn getting marriend in 2021 and they will stay happily married until Matt dies in a decade or so. I wish them all luck. God knows Amy will need it for sure.

Edited by Waldopepper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Waldopepper said:

Amy is a horrible Manipulative Bitch. And it takes one to know one since I was just like her for years. When did she get so fat? Amy is wider than she is tall. That is not healthy at all. I had a dwarf uncle who put on a ton of weight and within a year was dead at 42 years old. At least Matts body weight seems to be about what it should be for his heioght and size. She has just become HUGE. 

I thought Amber, the mom on 7 Little Johnstons was getting big but her and Amy are neck and neck with their battle to be the fattest Dwarf on reality TV. I think Amber is in the lead right now but since Amy is recently married she is sure ti out on another 30 lbs. and shrink another inch orr two. They all have their episodes where they talk about losing weight and working out and 6 minutes later they are onto something else. You can be very short and you can be very Fat, but Short and Fat is a BAD combo that the heart doesnt like. Hopefully Chris will vhange mys horrible nasty attitude and on that note, what in the hell was Chris thinking marrying Amy. He could do much better in both the looks and especially the personality department. I give Chris and Amy 3 years Max before she wears him out with her negativity and bitching and just General BS that she brings to the table.

I see Matt and Caryn getting marriend in 2021 and they will stay happily married until Matt dies in a decade or so. I wish them all luck. God knows Amy will need it for sure.

I think Amy took the lead, her ass and thighs are HUGE!

"Amy Rollof's Fat Chance Cooking" you never know what it will look or taste like and she makes up the ingredients as she goes.

I actually made her Shepherd Pie recipe a while back because I love a good shepherd pie and Amy praised her recipe to the moon and back so I thought, what the heck I'll give it a try, it was AWFUL, no one in the house would eat it so it wound up in the garbage, the next day hubby said the raccoons had knocked over the garbage can and all they did was make a huge mess but Amy's Shepherd Pie was still there, it's raccoon proof! 😂

I think her kids have eaten enough of her slop to know if it's good or not and I agree with Jacob.
Jacob's opinion of his mothers cooking.
"Your cooking is disgusting" - Jacob Roloff.  😫

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

I actually made her Shepherd Pie recipe a while back because I love a good shepherd pie and Amy praised her recipe to the moon and back so I thought, what the heck I'll give it a try, it was AWFUL, no one in the house would eat it so it wound up in the garbage, the next day hubby said the raccoons had knocked over the garbage can and all they did was make a huge mess but Amy's Shepherd Pie was still there, it's raccoon proof! 😂

Maybe she should give up trying for a cooking show and open a pest elimination service.  She could just cook whatever she has available and use that to chase the critters away.  LOL.

• LOL 6

I have a feeling Amy is trying to reinvent herself and this great home cook who loves entertaining and making soup for "soup night".   I never remember her being such a lover of cooking or even being a good cook when the kids were young.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I, for one, didn't want to be dragged through someone else's divorce. These two have made their intimate personal issues public on their show sometimes as the show's main focus. Why do that? It brought me down, so I stopped watching for while. I don't need their drama about that and I still don't. Amy needs to either commit fully to Chris, her present and her future with him and put the residual baggage down from Matt. They will never be 'alone' in their marriage if she does not do this now. He's a foolish man to make a marital step with her holding this bitterness. It will affect their relationship. This is my opinion.

• Love 11