Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Big Decision

• Start Topic

Really surprised by Jessica and Ryan even trying, but am happy that they at least honored their commitment by giving it some more time - gather they broke up later.

Sean and Davina - these two are still 'late sexual developers'. I think that is the term the experts used when saying why they matched them.  Sean is set in his ways -he should have been more honest about not wanting to live more than an hour from his job, friends, and family. He should have been matched with someone of equal financial success. Davina is suffering from successful woman syndrome, accompanied by belief in fairy tales.  She's not going to find someone who is more successful than her on a reality show, and she may need to expand her search beyond  the Upper East Side. Who applies to be on this show and then buys an apartment while waiting to hear back? She wants someone that only exists in a book.  Everyone has flaws, as one of the friends in the advice segment said.... you have to accept people as they are. When you are as successful as she is financially, you have to be willing to be with someone who makes less money than you do.... she wasn't.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sean was fucking shady and weak. WTF with the gas-lighting of Davina? He tells the "experts" stuff that he didn't tell her? What a shady bastard! He's the type of man who will tell a wife that he loves her and then tell his buddies what a "bitch" he's married to. Even Ryan D. with his "anger issues" wouldn't pull that shit. He'd call you a bitch to your face, and frankly, I'd prefer that. Say it to my face, not behind my back.

And what was that, taking the ring off nonsense? So dramatic Sean. I hope he stays off my TV screen forever.

So a woman should be an old maid because she has standards? And who the heck uses the word "old maid" in this day and age? What's the male equivalent of "old maid" anyway?

And WTH was Sean invoking God all about? He said he wasn't a religious man, but he reconnected to God during this "experiment." Then later on, he said he could stand before God and the experts to say he gave this process his best effort. Mindboggling. Was he praying to exorcise "Satan" Davina?

Cardigirl, I missed seeing Monet altogether.

Lnmop, I will guess the framed commemorative flag is in honor of the military service of RyanD's sainted grandfather the big mouth

-- similar to the framed grams wedding photo on his nightstand and Michelangelo's Clown of the Sistine Chapel in the living room. Ryan D is deep and sensitive, you know?!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 6
(edited)
Davina is suffering from successful woman syndrome, accompanied by belief in fairy tales.  She's not going to find someone who is more successful than her on a reality show, and she may need to expand her search beyond  the Upper East Side. Who applies to be on this show and then buys an apartment while waiting to hear back? She wants someone that only exists in a book.  Everyone has flaws, as one of the friends in the advice segment said.... you have to accept people as they are. When you are as successful as she is financially, you have to be willing to be with someone who makes less money than you do.... she wasn't

The only problem Davina had was being matched with Shady Sean.  

I do agree that she shouldn't have expected to find love on a reality show, but it was not her fault that she was paired with a dishonest man.  She knew she didn't want to leave the UES, Sean LIED about what he wanted.  

I find it interesting that folks think it's more acceptable for the woman to move for the man's career than the other way around.  That made sense when the man made more money than the woman and the only degree a woman was interested in was an MRS degree.  

I see why Ryan D never bothered me, sure the dude gets angry sometimes, I do too, but Ryan D wasn't shady, Sean was.  Sean is the type of person who'd tell you he loves you while slowly poisoning your food.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 17

What a snoozefest.  I didn't realize the show was two hours (and three minutes) until nearly the one hour mark when I wondered how they were going to wrap it up in a few minutes.  So annoyed because had I realized I would have just tuned in for the second hour.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Neurochick, I totally agree with you about everything - Davina gets called a selfish bitch for being successful and having her own set of deal breakers associated with that, but Sean gets away with even admitting he wasn't on board with the process.  Then he lied to production about what he was willing to do but successfully turned it all around and made it look like Davina's fault because she's too demanding, and the public buys it!  Then he proceeds to act as if he's really invested in making the relationship work, which he's not and he's only acting, meanwhile behind her back he's trashing her to the doctor - and get this - The freaking DOCTOR BUYS it!  Plus he invokes some sort of newly found belief in God to make himself look for real!   Wow, that's some freakin' insane asshole there!   Plus I agree about Ryan D.  The guy has issues for sure, but he's a straight shooter.  What you see is what you get.  Sean is one of those backstabbing bastards that makes sure he looks great to the world yet screws you while you sleep.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 18

I have to watch my language here so I'll just say......

Actually, the site allows swear words (though not the n-word, c-word, slut-shaming, fat-shaming, etc.). So you can say "this episode was a pile of shit" if you'd like. Having said that, each forum is sort of a mini-culture unto itself, and 4-letter words probably would be edited out in places like, say, 19Kids. But you can swear all you like in this forum.

So ... the episode. I didn't watch yet - I'm about a day behind on all my TV - but it sounds like it went about like I expected it to. The great match-up was the bro-mance between Dr. C and Sean, Davina is taking flak for being assertive in ways that don't always go over well (we're skipping my long feminism rant), Jessica and Ryan Douche are sticking it out in hopes of more money, and Jaclyn and Ryan Basement are sticking it out because they want to date. I wish there'd been a surprise.

• Love 9

What was I thinking?  I didn't know this was going to be a 2-plus hour event and I actually stayed up to finish watching, to my detriment this morning (also thanks to an early morning thunderstorm).  Ugh. 

Note to producers:  The only people who watch a season finale are those who have watched at least most of the prior episodes, so there is NO NEED TO REPEAT endless footage from the entire season, sheesh!

Regrettably, I think the "experts" missed with all three couples, and I doubt any of them will make it a year.  The most enjoyable parts of last nights' episode were the First Wives segments (oh, and I seriously want Courtney's earrings!).  I hope they do better next season. 

I laughed when Sean and Davina were furiously packing up at the end, as if they had just robbed a bank and the cops were breaking down the door!  It also gave me a feeling of the producers coaching them "We've run out of time for the show, but let's get one last scene of you guys packing - hurry!".

• Love 6

Neurochick, I totally agree with you about everything - Davina gets called a selfish bitch for being successful and having her own set of deal breakers associated with that, but Sean gets away with even admitting he wasn't on board with the process.  Then he lied to production about what he was willing to do but successfully turned it all around and made it look like Davina's fault because she's too demanding, and the public buys it!  Then he proceeds to act as if he's really invested in making the relationship work, which he's not and he's only acting, meanwhile behind her back he's trashing her to the doctor - and get this - The freaking DOCTOR BUYS it!  Plus he invokes some sort of newly found belief in God to make himself look for real!   Wow, that's some freakin' insane asshole there!   Plus I agree about Ryan D.  The guy has issues for sure, but he's a straight shooter.  What you see is what you get.  Sean is one of those backstabbing bastards that makes sure he looks great to the world yet screws you while you sleep.

Well that's misogyny for you.  Sadly, some of the biggest misogynists are women; no matter what, the man is always right.  Davina's a bitch because Sean is a MAN.  Sorry, Sean's shady.  Maybe Bravo can stick him on a reality show, perhaps there's an opening on Real Housewives of NJ, that way Sean wouldn't ever have to leave the state.

• Love 10
(edited)

I just had this thought - Sean calling Davina "Satan" sounds to me like he's turned her into a bully in his mind, or is at least trying to get the public to see her as one to look like the victim with them so he gets off scot-free.  He is totally living up to the "weak" image Davina has of him if he could frame her as a bully and react to her as if she were one.  "Big bad Davina" - What a weenie!

Neurochick, I think once the housewives got through with Sean, he'd run screaming!  I'd watch that for sure!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7
(edited)

I just want to thank these six dull people for sharing their lives with us and their journey while they write new chapters in their book.  I think that the chapters in the book will reflect the journey and the book will have chapters dedicated to their journey. Journey, chapter, book, journey, chapter, book....repeat thirty times and that's what the first 90 minutes of this waste of time was (and also the last pointless 17 minutes).

My girlfriend who hooked me onto this train wreck, BAILED at the two hour mark!  She should have finished with me so that we could have finished the journey together and close this chapter of our book.

Yes, I am looking forward to the reunion next week and I hate myself for it....journey

Points off for neglecting to use the word "positivity" 19 times.   

Seriously, that's a brilliant post. 

Here’s what I think will happen:

The couples will meet with one or more experts, they will outline some of the highlights and lowlights of the last 6 weeks, the dramatic music will build and Dr. Levkoff will ask if they want to stay married or get a divorce.  Break for commercial.

After the commercial, they replay some of the material leading up to the commercial, and replay Dr. Levkoff’s question.  Cameras will move between the faces of the participants, dramatic music will swell and the participants will respond.

Nailed it!

Edited by rulesoftravel
  • Love 4

Ryan D. and Jess - they won't make it. And why'd ones Ryan have to do all of his THs, in front of a foldedAmerican flag?

The folded flag is presented to the family at a military funeral or at a military retirement ceremony. Many families will keep them on display to commemorate.  His attachment to family and tradition is far from a bad quality as far as I'm concerned. 

I think Ryan and Jessica have a much better chance of "making it" than Ryan and Jaclyn since their problems were rooted in behaviors they've since learned to be cognizant of and control.  Ryan and Jaclyn's problems are rooted in different priorities: Ryan's priority is procrastination and his Mom's sauce, and Jaclyn's priority is immediate pregnancy and Tito's vokda.  People don't change, but their actions can. 

For Ryan and Jess, it's not how they started, it's how they finished.  The affection he has for her (frequent kisses have been a part of my arsenal in my own marriage) will get them far and they often help a rough day more than they have any right to.

I just don't see Jaclyn's Ryan becoming a spontaneous guy who stops her mid-walk for a kiss anytime soon, if ever.  He feels emasculated because he isn't acting the way he thinks a man should.  So... act that way, buddy.  You'll feel better, and she'll probably love it. 

• Love 7
(edited)

For Ryan and Jess, it's not how they started, it's how they finished.  The affection he has for her (frequent kisses have been a part of my arsenal in my own marriage) will get them far and they often help a rough day more than they have any right to.

They didn't even go to the reunion together.

Guess who did.

Edited by Bella
spoilerish
  • Love 3

I tried to get through this 2 hr disaster several times and kept falling asleep. I must be the only one surprised that Jac and basement Ryan stayed together.

They have nothing in common! Was the big elephant in the room even addressed of where they are going to live? 

I find it hard to believe that Ryan is a successful realtor in NY. Man has no personality for it and I don't see a whole lot of ambition where he is concerned. Maybe that is the reason he is living in the basement. Can't afford to be on his own. 

Before falling asleep for the second time (I DVR'd) I did get through the part where he was whining to his friend that he missed his family more than he thought he would. I can not stand him!! Grow up, ya big ass baby, you were only living 1.5 hrs away, not across the country!

Miss Davina definitely has issues, however, if I were her, I would be more pissed at the Dr's for wasting her time thinking Sean would be a good match instead of finding someone that could possibly be right for her. 

• Love 5

Can anyone explain to me why the heck Sean was so pissed?  When Davina fairly graciously (particularly if you believe the behind the scenes rumors) said she wanted a divorce, he looked like he wanted to smack her.  It seemed like it was incomprehensible to him that Davina would not want to stay married to him even though he checked out of the experiment many weeks earlier.  Davina only implied he was weak when the experts pressured her to explain her decision.  He seems to be someone that lives in his own reality and goes bonkers when someone messes with his delusions.

Davina has a lot of issues, but the experts really screwed her big time setting her up with someone with less then honorable intentions.   Now we have Sean, the man of God which could only make Davina Satan.  This probably makes sense in Sean's mind.

• Love 10
(edited)

I would like to know all their Birth  Signs to see if that has anything to do with compatibility issues?

Jessica my guess is a  GEMINI

Ryan is a                      Leo

Jaclyn=  is a Pisces

Ryan =  a     Cancer

Edited by PearCactus
  • Love 3

Davina:  I've learned that I need a strong person.

Sean:  I'm not a weak person.

In my experience, a strong person wouldn't have felt the need to interrupt his wife while she's speaking to say this. 

• Love 13

Can anyone explain to me why the heck Sean was so pissed?  When Davina fairly graciously (particularly if you believe the behind the scenes rumors) said she wanted a divorce, he looked like he wanted to smack her.  It seemed like it was incomprehensible to him that Davina would not want to stay married to him even though he checked out of the experiment many weeks earlier.  Davina only implied he was weak when the experts pressured her to explain her decision.  He seems to be someone that lives in his own reality and goes bonkers when someone messes with his delusions.

Davina has a lot of issues, but the experts really screwed her big time setting her up with someone with less then honorable intentions.   Now we have Sean, the man of God which could only make Davina Satan.  This probably makes sense in Sean's mind.

I do not want to attack  Davina, nor do I want to attack Sean.

I think they each had  habits the other did not like.

They like privacy/and probably have housekeeping and schedules the other was not one bit compatible with.

Not just leaving the toilet seat up.

both probably were used to showering at a certain time, watching tv at certain times,being on computer, eating,cooking, doing laundry etc.

It all boiled down to independent  living, and maybe freedom is more up their ally than somebody you have to ask permission and everything to do what you want 

when you want.

That is what I got from the little bit we saw of it all.

• Love 2

Sean seems like a fame whore.  Jessica and Ryan have the shortest kisses (zillions of them, but oh so short) and one move-him carrying her over his shoulder in manly prehistoric or frustrated fireman wannabe fashion...  The only couple who seem to actually like and listen to each other -Ryan and Jaclyn.   Whether they survive past the experiment, I think that somehow they'll stay in each other's lives.  JMO.   Based on pretty much nothing.

• Love 4

I think that Sean and Davina are in a dangerous place a lot of people get into when they have been alone too long:  they both excessively navel-gaze. The entire world isn't about your feelings and what "space" or "place" you are in (a favorite sound bite for Davina).  And Sean resolutely saying "she wanted me to be present.  I became present.  I WAS present!"- it's like they don't even know what the meanings of their catch-phrases are.

I don't hold out much hope for the long-term futures of any of these couples.

As for the show format:  Wow, way to drag it out.  It was like watching Dancing With the Stars.

• Love 5

The show seems so fake. The suspense the cast members try to project, Sean sucking his toe, the way Jaclyn prefaces her decision...it all seems orchestrated by the producers. I love the show but I wish it was less contrived.

You are so right. At the end when Jaclyn & Ryan were sitting by the window with that teeny tiny table, he began spouting off something about her being his first wife and hopefully his only wife, I thought...Ryan, leave the speaking to Jaclyn, cause you've clearly been coached. And don't even get me started on that whole throwing a bottle into the sea with a wish in it.....I wanted to throw something too...throw up my dinnner.

• Love 4

For some reason, my PVR cut out and didn't record most of this episode.  I'd like to thank my PVR for looking out for my best interests when I don't have the strength to resist watching this garbage.

Judging by the comments here, Sean just cemented his reputation as a douche and for being full of shit.  Davina... thank your lucky stars that you're away from him and run like hell!  Just cut him from your life and forget about him.  He'll enjoy any attention you give him on social media.

• Love 8

Sean was fucking shady and weak.  WTF with the gas-lighting of Davina?  He tells the "experts" stuff that he didn't tell her?  What a shady bastard!  He's the type of man who will tell a wife that he loves her and then tell his buddies what a "bitch" he's married to.  Even Ryan D. with his "anger issues" wouldn't pull that shit.  He'd call you a bitch to your face, and frankly, I'd prefer that.  Say it to my face, not behind my back.  

And what was that, taking the ring off nonsense?  So dramatic Sean.  I hope he stays off my TV screen forever.  

So a woman should be an old maid because she has standards?  And who the heck uses the word "old maid" in this day and age?  What's the male equivalent of "old maid" anyway?

Male version might be codger. I don't know. Pretty much just a bachelor.

In Sean's defense on the ring incident, I think that was staged, and they were told to do it for dramatic effect. I loved Monet...she just layed on the couch while Vaughn was getting his stuff out, LOL. Speaking of staged, how ridiculous was it that either of them wanted those stupid toys. Neither of them gave a crap about them, but I guess the producers thought it would be good to want them for "sentimental" value.

• Love 3

You are so right. At the end when Jaclyn & Ryan were sitting by the window with that teeny tiny table, he began spouting off something about her being his first wife and hopefully his only wife, I thought...Ryan, leave the speaking to Jaclyn, cause you've clearly been coached. And don't even get me started on that whole throwing a bottle into the sea with a wish in it.....I wanted to throw something too...throw up my dinnner.

Probably a lot of it is staged as well as  scripted?

• Love 4

Basement Ryan, man, what a freakin' stick in the mud he is!  He probably grew up eating nothing but meatballs and spaghetti and has no adventure for any food other than the same 5 meals he's eaten his whole life.  That says it all with him.  Jaclyn is too much for him because he is so limited in his interests.  I realized tonight that it's not just that he's an introvert and she's an extrovert, but that he's just not very sophisticated plus he's very laid back and she's a go getter - Not the same thing as introversion/extroversion.  There are laid back extroverts and go-getting introverts.  Ryan is so laid back he'd but a statue to sleep.   That said, I think there's a lot for both of them to appreciate about each other, but can Jaclyn put up with him being a total bore?  I think after a while she'll tire of him.

I only got to see the first half of the show last night, but I did see this part, and I totally agree. It was incredibly rude of him to dismiss the cuisine of Jaclyn's half Indian background as if it was the worst thing he'd ever had in his life. Even if he didn't like it, he could have been more polite about it. Just say it's interesting; don't make faces and rude comments about it. I know I would not be happy if somebody reacted like that to my native country's food.

I think you're right, and he's a total stick in the mud. Jaclyn deserves better.

• Love 15
(edited)

I truly believe that either Sean expected (and wanted) for Davina to state that she wanted to stay married or at the very least, not be so definitive and quick with her answer.  Then she stated that she has realized that she needs a 'very strong man' Sean, who already talks a big game while showing the exact opposite (i.e. I would like to have sex daily, I am 'Christian Grey' like, etc) felt emasculated.  Of course he immediately proved he isn't a strong man by protesting that he feels he is and by throwing a dig at her which he never vocalized in the past.  While I have zero love for Davina, Sean has done NOTHING to show he is a man of inner strength and character and only exacerbates the situation by stating that he is an evolved man.

Edited by jamblastx
  • Love 9
(edited)

I wonder if when the first person says what they want if it affects the second person's answer. If one says I want a divorce, I think the other might change their answer and vice versa. They should write them down before hand and have the experts open them.

I was so annoyed at basement Ryan for being such a pussy about eating Indian food. Among other things. Jaclyn will totally have to carry this relationship.

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 9

I'm wondering if Davina lost her security deposit on that apartment because of the damage left behind from chiseling all those stick-on stars off the walls, ceiling, doors, etc.   I thought it was totally dumb to show them dividing up their "toys".  Seriously?  What a waste of air time. 

• Love 1

I wonder if when the first person says what they want if it affects the second person's answer. If one says I want a divorce, I think the other might change their answer and vice versa. They should write them down before hand and have the experts open them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they submit their answers ahead of time and then they decide who to ask first on camera for the best dramatic effect.

• Love 4

I wonder if when the first person says what they want if it affects the second person's answer. If one says I want a divorce, I think the other might change their answer and vice versa.

They should write them down before hand and have the experts open them.

This is exactly what I was going to say. The second person has an advantage! If Ryan D said he wanted a divorce, Jessica would have never said she wanted to stay married.

• Love 3

Why did Dvina & Sean both need to vacate the apartment on the same evening?  I had the impression she was staying there on a short-term basis as her new place was being remodeled, but got the idea that since they were not staying 'married' they both had to vacate.

Thinking that last Season both Monet and her husband were living in Monet's apartment, so the format may have been different this Season, with Production involved with finding a short term location.

Why did Dvina & Sean both need to vacate the apartment on the same evening?  I had the impression she was staying there on a short-term basis as her new place was being remodeled, but got the idea that since they were not staying 'married' they both had to vacate.

Thinking that last Season both Monet and her husband were living in Monet's apartment, so the format may have been different this Season, with Production involved with finding a short term location.

The apartment looked like a TEMPORARY  one to me.THey knew they did not like one another from day 1 but signed up for 6 weeks.

I do hope the couples moved to better apartments.Those were found in a haphazard way.In  NY  the apartments are  not too  fancy.

At least none of those looked too inviting.

I would like to know the  Birth Signs of all the couples this year.

Sean looks like the kind of guy who would want  a girl  like Courtney from last season :)

And Davina  seems to want a guy who is a  DR. older, wealthy, not an intern kinda girl :)

I'm wondering if Davina lost her security deposit on that apartment because of the damage left behind from chiseling all those stick-on stars off the walls, ceiling, doors, etc.   I thought it was totally dumb to show them dividing up their "toys".  Seriously?  What a waste of air time.

I thought the show leased the temporary apartments.  Seriously, I'm trying to wean myself from this. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I might be wrong, but I thought last season the couple answered together.  I distinctly remember Vaughn saying "we've decided to get a divorce", rather than each person being asked separately.  This whole deal of asking each spouse what they wanted was just stupid faux drama BS that actually didn't matter.  Anybody who stuck around to that point already knew the couples well enough to know what was going to happen.

I know this isn't the majority opinion,, but I really like Jaclyn and Ryan R.  Someone said upthread that they didn't have anything in common, but if you looked at my husband and me "on paper", we shouldn't have even gone on one date.  We were complete and total opposites, I am older by a few years, had 3 children and was divorced.  He didn't want kids, was super attached to his family (he even lived with his brother and sister in law), we liked different music, movies, tv shows and types of food.  We've been together (happily!) for 18 years, married for 17 years and have a child together.  I didn't even see him as real boyfriend material when I met him, he was a place holder until someone else came along.  

All that TMI was just to say that if you have chemistry and the timing is right, what seems to be a poor match can actually turn out to be a good relationship.  Jaclyn and Ryan R have a friendship and most importantly, they RESPECT each other.  They communicate well (he was able to tell her the things she did that bother him and she was able to listen without getting defensive *ahem, Sean* ) and they both made an effort to take responsibility for the relationship.  

Edited by Trixie Belden
  • Love 7

I thought the show leased the temporary apartments.  Seriously, I'm trying to wean myself from this. 

The apartments just did not look long term..lived in etc...and the lack of personal belongings in them?

I just don't see Jaclyn's Ryan becoming a spontaneous guy who stops her mid-walk for a kiss anytime soon, if ever.  He feels emasculated because he isn't acting the way he thinks a man should.  So... act that way, buddy.  You'll feel better, and she'll probably love it. 

You nailed this, thanks for seeing something from a perspective I couldn't.  Ryan R. is full of shoulds and should nots, I don't think he would know what he really wanted out of life if it smacked him upside the head because he's so rigidly trying to confirm to the outdated image of manhood that's stuck in his boneheaded brain.  I even think Ryan D. is more evolved as a man than he is.  I think Ryan R. acts like he's straight out of the 1950s or something.  He is young enough to be my son and yet he acts way more old fashioned than my own husband!

I only got to see the first half of the show last night, but I did see this part, and I totally agree. It was incredibly rude of him to dismiss the cuisine of Jaclyn's half Indian background as if it was the worst thing he'd ever had in his life. Even if he didn't like it, he could have been more polite about it. Just say it's interesting; don't make faces and rude comments about it. I know I would not be happy if somebody reacted like that to my native country's food.

I think you're right, and he's a total stick in the mud. Jaclyn deserves better.

I know, I don't know how she took it so well, too!  If any guy ever didn't like Italian food and worse yet acted THAT way about it, it would be all over for me.  Ryan is so immature that he can't even try to hide his dislike of it so as not to insult her or her culture.  I'm sorry but he really is such a freakin' bonehead!

• Love 7

You nailed this, thanks for seeing something from a perspective I couldn't.  Ryan R. is full of shoulds and should nots, I don't think he would know what he really wanted out of life if it smacked him upside the head because he's so rigidly trying to confirm to the outdated image of manhood that's stuck in his boneheaded brain.  I even think Ryan D. is more evolved as a man than he is.  I think Ryan R. acts like he's straight out of the 1950s or something.  He is young enough to be my son and yet he acts way more old fashioned than my own husband!

I know, I don't know how she took it so well, too!  If any guy ever didn't like Italian food and worse yet acted THAT way about it, it would be all over for me.  Ryan is so immature that he can't even try to hide his dislike of it so as not to insult her or her culture.  I'm sorry but he really is such a freakin' bonehead!

And why so much SUSHI ? It is a very costly meal.

• Love 1
I know this isn't the majority opinion,, but I really like Jaclyn and Ryan R.  Someone said upthread that they didn't have anything in common, but if you looked at my husband and me "on paper", we shouldn't have even gone on one date.  We were complete and total opposites, I am older by a few years, had 3 children and was divorced.  He didn't want kids, was super attached to his family (he even lived with his brother and sister in law), we liked different music, movies, tv shows and types of food.  We've been together (happily!) for 18 years, married for 17 years and have a child together.  I didn't even see him as real boyfriend material when I met him, he was a place holder until someone else came along.  

All that TMI was just to say that if you have chemistry and the timing is right, what seems to be a poor match can actually turn out to be a good relationship.

I think that works for some people but not for others.  I've read that some people don't need someone who shares everything in common with them and others do.  I'm one of those people that needs to have a lot in common with my spouse, and thankfully I do.  I don't know if Jaclyn and Ryan can be a couple that doesn't need a lot in common.  Jaclyn is trying so hard to convince herself and the audience that Ryan is for her that it's hard to tell which type she is, although my sense is that she would not have to try so hard if he really was for her.  And Ryan is trying so hard to do what he thinks he "should" do to be a man, that it's hard to tell what type he is too, although one would think that he would have stopped whining so much about being away from hi family by now if Jaclyn was really for him.  Dude, if you want to get married you kind of have to move out of your family's house!  If you're really not ready to do that, you're not ready for marriage period!

And why so much SUSHI ? It is a very costly meal.

I was talking about Ryan R., not Ryan D.  Ryan D. is the one with the sushi.

• Love 2

I never felt even at the end they had the kind of chemistry for a long lasting marriage. Last season when the couples stayed married it felt like - yes - these guys make sense. Even though they had ups and downs they all were committed and in to one another. Jacklyn seems like she forced herself to like him

• Love 2

What I wonder is how many of these people really wanted to be married or wanted to be on TV?  Also many people say, "I want to get married" but don't realize that means living with another human being, still others say they want to be married because their friends are all married and they don't want to feel like an oddball, or they just feel that "it's time" whether they want to or not.  

• Love 6