Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

I thought maybe it was because the Evil Queen entered town. If she is what Jafar is to Aladdin, then that could work. I'm hoping there's more explanation than there was for Rumple's heart problems. That was very random.

On another note, the heroes are mishandling Hyde, imo. They're not doing much to figure out his motives. They've seen him do villainous things, yes, but treating him like a prisoner without rights isn't going to get them anywhere better. They have no justice system and they're treating him like a pawn. Why do Regina and Rumple get all the chances in the world, but people like Hyde have to be incarcerated? Oh right - he's not related to any main character.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Please show, don't be so predictable as to make Hook responsible for Charming's Dad's death.  Please.

When Charming said his father had been stabbed, my mind immediately went to Brennan. I quickly realized that was impossible within the timeline, but it was still so ew.

And of course Jekyll is the "bad" one, well, according to Hyde anyway.

I'm pretty hyped for it. It would be very Once for Jekyll to be the bad guy.

12 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

When Charming said his father had been stabbed, my mind immediately went to Brennan. I quickly realized that was impossible within the timeline, but it was still so ew.

Timeline issues aren't even a blip worth noticing in our valiant writers' room.

1 hour ago, RadioGirl27 said:

With this show and this writers? I'm 99% sure it was Killian. 

Probably.  It would fit the pattern of being a completely predictable event that's supposed to be a shock.

10 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

With this show and this writers? I'm 99% sure it was Killian. 

I'm 99.9999999999999999999% sure.

I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that Ashley basically took on the Savior role to try to get Clorinda her happy ending. And she ended up stabbed like Emma.

• Love 3

Another wacky theory: Hyde is an actual person, not just the embodiment of Jekyll's darkness, and what Jekyll did was the equivalent of the evilectomy/egg baby thing, where he removed his own darkness from himself but needed a vessel to put it into, and he either deliberately or accidentally put it into Hyde. Then when he realized his mistake and tried to undo it, instead of removing his darkness and reabsorbing it, he absorbed Hyde entirely, kind of like when Rumple and Neal were sharing a body and switching back and forth. That's how we're going to learn that Jekyll was really the bad guy to begin with. Hyde is an innocent victim who had Jekyll's darkness implanted in him. Current Jekyll isn't so bad because his bad side was removed, but he wasn't such a great guy before. That seems like the kind of twist these writers would pull (while also repeating past plot lines, which is also their kind of thing), and it would explain why Jekyll and Hyde are two different people, played by two different actors, while Regina and the Evil Queen are the same person, played by the same actor.

• Love 6

I'm thinking something is going to happen to Belle halfway through the season, and Rumple is going to turn into Imp!Rumple and team up with the Evil Queen. The Golden Queen scenes in 6x02 felt like foreshadowing. Having a Bae 2.0 really raises the stakes for him.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm thinking something is going to happen to Belle halfway through the season, and Rumple is going to turn into Imp!Rumple and team up with the Evil Queen. The Golden Queen scenes in 6x02 felt like foreshadowing.

Please don't make me want to throw up! lol

However, I do think Belle may not make it to the end of the season/series. The Show will end with Rumple being a single father to Baelfire 2.0 for sure.

I have doubts that Disney would let the show kill off a Disney princess -- especially one who's the star of their upcoming live-action movie. If anybody leaves/dies, my money is on Rumple because I get the vibe Robert is Over It.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

Maybe Belle will escape with Damien to somewhere Rumple can't get to or he thinks they're dead. I don't think Belle has to die in order for Rumple to go ballistic. Keep in mind that Damien will probably have a higher importance than Belle. EQ told Rumple to come to her after he "gets tired of waiting for that bookworm to accept [him] for who [he] is", so Belle might totally reject him and take Damien with her. That would give him a reason to go off the handle. This man spent centuries trying to find his first son, and I'm willing to bet he'd do it again. I think the Morpheus temple stuff was foreshadowing too. We saw Imp!Rumple come back briefly, like we did with EQ in S5. (Though, not in her full glory.)

It's almost like they're trying to put everyone back in S1 mode - Mary Margaret teaching, Emma having her walls up, Evil Queen trying to take away happy endings, Rumple going after his son, Henry running around trying to figure out who the fairy tale characters are, etc.

Spoiler

There's also the fact that "Morpheus" is coming back. Something really screwy is going to go on before Christmas, imo.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

It's almost like they're trying to put everyone baccan'tn S1wishy - Mary Margaret teachin g, Emma  having her walls up, Evil Queen trying to take away happy endings, Rumple going after his son, Henry running around trying to figure out who the fairy tale characters are, etc.

Oh wow..now this is the sort of observational skill i lack...and one of the reasons I can't leave this forum alone. This is a really clever pick up....this explains Charming's behavior, he's going back to telling Snow one thing but not following on with it just like he told MM he had told Kathryn he was in love with MM and not her, but he never quite got the courage up to actually do it....and MM ended up humiliated ...and slapped in public....

10 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

And then when he does find out the truth about whoever stabbed his father, he'll be justifiably angry about it, and Snow will be mad because he lied about burning the note, and they'll all be doing exactly what the Evil Queen wants them to do. 

And then all the heroes will have that "oh we have a brain" moment when they realize they're being played as they use a newly-found magical object to neutralize the threat within 10 minutes. but then Jafar will arrive and threaten to make Storybrooke the new Agrabah and Emma will "die" and then it will be the Christmas break.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

And then all the heroes will have that "oh we have a brain" moment when they realize they're being played as they use a newly-found magical object to neutralize the threat within 10 minutes. but then Jafar will arrive and threaten to make Storybrooke the new Agrabah and Emma will "die" and then it will be the Christmas break.

Also someone will probably lose their memory or get transported to another realm. 

Taking a guess about tonight based on the title (haven't seen any promos).  

"Strange Case" I am assuming refers to "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", so we will finally find out the backstory of how they became split.  The "special guest" will be Rumple, since he had a past feud with Hyde (we will find out Hyde isn't *that* bad and it was Dr. Jekyll who has cause to be repentant over a big mistake he made).  I think the more "boring" one, aka Dr. Offscreen Jekyll, will be killed off tonight, whether actually dying, or being reabsorbed inside Hyde.  The latter case seems a little too early in the season, since I'm assuming Regina will need to figure out she needs to reabsorb The Evil Queen, so I expected that to happen later.

Now for the subplots... we will get David acting shady, and some comic hijinx with Hook moving in with Emma.  Henry will walk around with the book.  I don't think it will happen in this episode, but Belle will tell Rumple that she now realizes that baby might want his father in their life, though this will require a Belle centric for her to make the full epiphany.  Depending on whether they need time filler, we might get some Snow.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

After Strange Case, I think it's pretty obvious that Emma gets split and is sacrificing herself to save everyone from Dark Swan. Unless it's another misdirect.

It's also pretty obvious that David's going to find out something bad about Hook right after he says he's cool with him now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, InsertWordHere said:

After Strange Case, I think it's pretty obvious that Emma gets split and is sacrificing herself to save everyone from Dark Swan. Unless it's another misdirect.

Another repeat of 4B. This season is literally the same as 4B. I feel like splitting Emma would be a bad idea. How will this Emma be different from Dark Swan? Does Regina reabsorb the EQ, but Emma doesn't? It's all up in the air at this point.

I am on board with Emma getting split for the simple reason that they revealed that the  "Hyde" couldn't be killed unless they killed the "Jekyl"

So I'm going with Emma is not under the hood.  And everyone learns she is not Emma when she is impervious to stabbing. 

Or original Emma is under the hood and that is how they learn that Regina can reabsorb EQ to control her even though she can't get rid of her.  I still think they will do a fake out on Emma dying before revealing she is split.

• Love 1

We were discussing the possibilities of a curse-never-happened AU in the spoilers thread. (Nothing like that was spoiled, I promise!)

So far on the show, we've had two notable AU-type setups: Cursed!Storybrooke and Bizarro World. One of them is a success story, and the other is a flop. In S1, when the fairy tale characters had fake personalities, what they did still perpetuated their character development. Their state was fleshed out enough to care not only about Snow White, but Mary Margaret as well. The interactions with Emma, Henry and Regina, and the contribution to the main plot, made it all purposeful in the long run. If we ever did another AU scenario, I would prefer it to be more akin to that formula.

Bizarro World, on the other hand, had very little to do with anything. It wasn't satisfying to see Regina as a bandit or Rumple running around as the Light One. The only entertaining aspect, at least to me, was Deckhand!Hook. (Or is it Deckhook? I feel like Regina now...) I wasn't a fan of of it because it didn't affected the story at all, except for Henry becoming the Author. There was no point in seeing the hero and villain roles reversed, since it just flipped the characters and not who actually gets a "happy ending". If it were entertaining enough to stand on its own I would be okay with it, but it wasn't.

If there's ever an AU again, I hope it is part of the overarching narrative and not some sidetracking adventure. If there's a curse-never-happened AU, I hope it is a reality with consequences. Not some, "Wouldn't it be cool if?" distraction.

• Love 2

Person of Interest did a sort of AU where an AI system was never sold to the government by the protagonist of the series. The various probable outcomes with percentage probability were shown as simulations. It was quite interesting because some of the outcomes were good, and some were bad, while some remained the same. I hope they do something similar in the Show, if they ever do a no-Curse AU. I don't want it to be all bad and then for them to conclude by everyone thanking Regina for casting the Dark Curse (which is a strong likelihood). S4 would actually have been the best time to do it, showing Regina going inside the Tavern and ending up with Robin. It might be interesting if the stakes were something like the existence of Henry/Roland/Pistachio vs that of a Regina/Robin child that only exists in the AU. Who gets to decide which kid is of more importance? 

If they show Emma growing up as a princess, Snowflake would likely still exist, though his name would be Leo or something. The timing of Hook's return from Neverland wouldn't likely change, and Hook might be older when he and Emma meet in the AU. Or they could just change the time of Hook's return from Neverland and have them meet and connect when neither of them remembered the other (unlike the TT and Storybook AU when at least one of them did).

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Or they could just change the time of Hook's return from Neverland and have them meet and connect when neither of them remembered the other (unlike the TT and Storybook AU when at least one of them did).

If there was ever a Page 23/Curse Never Happened AU, I always figured they'd go the route where neither Emma nor Hook knew each other. Hook would be doing his routine Pan errand and would just happen to run into Princess Emma.

On 10/16/2016 at 8:13 PM, InsertWordHere said:

It's also pretty obvious that David's going to find out something bad about Hook right after he says he's cool with him now. 

Yeah, it's obvious the only reason they're backtracking David's feelings about Hook right now is that they want Hook involved with David's father's death in some way. Maybe he wasn't the one who stabbed him, but there's a high possibility he was at that tavern. This is just speculation at this point, but it seems like a foregone conclusion after David seemed so randomly apprehensive about Hook this episode. After the progress David and Hook made in Season 5 and the fact that David admitted he went to the Underworld partially because he grew fond of Hook, this reversion to David's Season 3/4 attitude has to be tied to plot needs, not organic characterization. If Hook wasn't involved in the writers' plan for revealing David's father's death, then we wouldn't be having David making these kinds of random comments. How ironic that when Hook and David are finally friends and Killian moves in with Emma and is one step closer to being an official Charming family member, the full details about David's father's death comes out. It's probably not a matter of if Hook was involved, it's a matter of when the writers want to drop that bomb.

It's incredibly frustrating, though, because I can see the writers treating this like a huge issue that lasts a few episodes, but Regina killed Snow's father and barely got one line of dialogue fallout from it. In fact, Regina was thanked because it somehow made Snow a stronger person full of hope. Here's a classic case of the REC where it would be utterly ridiculous for any other character to react the same way they would around Regina. Charming: "Listen, I know you killed my father, but you were actually the one who made me a better man because I learned to be strong and independent. Want to walk off into the sunset smiling and linking arms now?"

But why create brand new drama when there's already similar cases for the writers to mine? Main Character A killed someone significant to Main Character B in the past, but this information has been kept a secret for a long time. When the true information finally surfaces, Character B is pissed at Character A. The writers have already written canon scenarios where they could have explored this, but instead, they decided to completely ignore the organic drama. Regina killing Graham and Emma not knowing, Rumple throwing Milah in the river and Hook not knowing, or you could even include Rumple killing Milah and Belle not knowing but then never properly reacting when she did find out. Those all fulfill the same kind of dramatic effect the writers are trying to achieve with David's father's story, so why the sudden need to create a brand new version of this with David when they didn't even bother to touch on the other canon examples? And the other examples actually elicit more of an emotional punch because we actually knew the characters on screen who were killed. David's father doesn't even have a name that I'm aware of, has only been mentioned verbally in conversations a few times, and died before Charming barely had a working adult memory. Why should I, as an audience member, even care about this? If they wanted us to care, they should have actually given him a name, shown us a photo of the father, or given Charming a decent flashback once in a while.

• Love 6

If there was ever a Page 23/Curse Never Happened AU, I always figured they'd go the route where neither Emma nor Hook knew each other. Hook would be doing his routine Pan errand and would just happen to run into Princess Emma.

I'm still kind of standing by my Little Mermaid-esque AU. Princess Emma meets Hook, but her parents forbid her to see him, so she escapes to Grandma!Regina to find a spell to change her appearance so she can be with him and leave the regal life she doesn't care for.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Curio said:

Those all fulfill the same kind of dramatic effect the writers are trying to achieve with David's father's story, so why the sudden need to create a brand new version of this with David when they didn't even bother to touch on the other canon examples? And the other examples actually elicit more of an emotional punch because we actually knew the characters on screen who were killed.

Plus, all of those other examples are actually about the relationships among the characters, so that adds to the emotional punch. Rumple murdered Milah because he was angry at her and wanted to hurt Hook, and it ended up also having ramifications (well, sort of) for Bae and Belle. Regina murdered Leopold because she wanted to hurt Snow. Regina murdered Graham to keep him away from Emma. It was personal, and therefore deeply emotional. If Hook is actually the killer of David's father, I doubt he even knew David existed when he did the killing, and he certainly didn't do it to hurt David. He probably won't know until some major clue is dropped on him that it was David's father he killed. It wasn't at all personal. So, if Snow can be best buddies with the woman who murdered her father in order to hurt her and Regina can let Emma be best buddies with her while knowing that she murdered Graham to hurt Emma, it would be weird if Hook having killed David's father without having any animosity toward David or even any idea that there was a connection is considered a dealbreaker. Then you throw in how much David owes Hook at this point: he's saved his life at least once, was the one who brought Emma back to her family after the missing year, followed Emma through the time portal so she was able to get back to her family, got Emma to reconcile with her parents after the eggbaby revelation, died (was killed by David) so Emma and Henry could escape to end the AU, got mortally wounded saving Snow's life, and died to save David and his whole family from the Dark Ones.

Meanwhile, if the Evil Queen knows who killed David's father, then that means Regina must have known and hasn't said a word all along. Shouldn't she have said something way back when Hook first came on the scene, before he and Emma started seeing each other?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Camera One said:

There's no doubt everything will be A-Ok between Hook and David after this minor snafu, otherwise known as murder.

Until the spring, when David will once again object to whatever relationship step Emma and Hook are taking because he doesn't like the idea of a pirate being involved with his daughter.

• Love 2

I just got an internship with the Writers' Room and I was honored to get the chance to write one of the Untold Stories episodes coming up!  Here's a sneak peek of some of the scenes.

SCENE: Fictional Rural Setting

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES (crying): I wish I didn't have red hair.

RUMPLE: Hello dearie.  Who might you be?

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES:  Can you call me Cordelia?  I would love to be Cordelia, with beautiful black hair.

RUMPLE: How far are you willing to go to get rid of your red hair, dearie?

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: Anything!

SCENE: Storybrooke

SNOW: I just got a threatening note from a Cordelia.  Could she be one of my former students I publicly shamed for not being able to solve for X?

REGINA: Uh no, she was someone I sent to give you poisoned currant wine.

SCENE: Fictional Rural Setting

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: Oh Diana, here's some raspberry cordial!

DIANA: (drinks and falls to the ground)

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: I mixed up the raspberry cordial with the poisoned currant wine meant for Snow White!

RUMPLE: (giggles) Don't you hate it when teatime goes awry!  

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: Now I'll be sent back to the orphanage.

RUMPLE: Not if you go to the Land of Untold Stories!

SCENE: Storybrooke School

SNOW: Hello, New Student.  It's so nice of you to stay until midnight in this darkened building helping me to clean up after the lesson on redox reactions.

CORDELIA: My pleasure.  You must be thirsty, Ms. Blanchard.  Here's some raspberry cordial.

SNOW: How thoughtful of you!  And you brought...

REGINA: STOP!  Anne, I can't let you do this to my best friend.

EMMA: Best friend?  What am I, chopped liver?

CORDELIA: I'm not Anne anymore.  I'm Cordelia, my dark side.

REGINA: It's not too late to redeem yourself.  Look at me.  I've hurt a few people in my life and I'm still capable of light magic.

CORDELIA: You think so?  

A slate flies across the room and hits Cordelia, and she is killed.

EVIL QUEEN: There is no redemption, Regina.  People who try for redemption always end up punished.  You can only be free and happy if you are full-out evil.

ZELENA: Hello, sis.  Your other half is right.  Embrace The Darkness.  And yes.  We're dragging this out for 12 more weeks.

FADE TO BLACK.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

@Camera One, that's hilarious! Congrats on your internship! While I especially like the incorporation of the name Cordelia and mention of Diana, I have my doubts that the writers would allow you to include these elements from the books in the show. A&E's Anne would resemble the original Anne in only the basics- dramatic red-headed orphan raised by (probably abusive) foster parents, who would be married instead of siblings, of course. This way she can have things in common with Zelena, because plucky red-headed orphans need to stick together. They would of course be bosom friends for an afternoon. Gilbert would be dead, probably. 

• Love 2

According to the Season 6 premiere, Aladdin was a "Savior" and so is Emma.  What parallels will they draw? Were all Saviors orphans and teenage thieves?  So Oliver Twist was also a Savior?  Saviors think they're not good enough which ends up sabotaging their own romantic relationships?

Would Jasmine have a lot of parallels with Belle, both wanting to escape the confines of their existence.  Will Belle get her annual "flashback with random" through an adventure with Jasmine?  

From her talk with Snow, I suppose we're supposed to believe Jasmine chose to go to the Land of Untold Stories herself because she couldn't be a hero.  Through a deal with Rumple?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Maybe the EQ will steal the shears from Hook and use it to split Emma into two. There is no need for the serum. So, we have Emma fighting herself under the hood. Except "bad" Emma ought to know stabbing her original will kill both of them. And "good" Emma ought to know stabbing her copy won't harm the copy. Unless "copy" Emma wants to die for some reason.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, InsertWordHere said:

I was thinking the EQ might use them to cut out Regina's magic, but would that cut her own magic out too?

Oooh that's an interesting thought. Or...the shears might actually make them two separate people, capable of being killed on their own. 

• Love 1

Oooh that's an interesting thought. Or...the shears might actually make them two separate people, capable of being killed on their own. 

Please? I want EQ to be her own person. I hate how her demise (or absorption) is inevitable. She deserves to live way more than Regina does, imo.

• Love 3

NEXT WEEK ON "ONCE UPON A HOARDER":

EMMA: I told you to get rid of those hideous shears!  

HOOK: I can't!  I just can't part with them!

SNOW: Why do we have old pawnshop tickets lying around!  Look at the clutter!

DAVID: That one is special!

• Love 1

Sneak peek for next week...

STORYBROOKE SCHOOL - SNOW'S CLASSROOM

JASMINE: Wait a minute... why are we here?!  Agrabah is in peril. The Evil Queen is out there.  The Oracle was just murdered.  Isn't your friend the therapist missing?

SNOW:  Yes, but remember, it's not our centric this week.  So tell me all about your meeting with Aladdin that happened offscreen?  Have you forgiven him for using the shears to unbecome The Savior?  

JASMINE: I just cannot forgive what he did.  I wish my love interest was as trustworthy and honest as yours.  [pregnant pause to allow viewers to see the irony of this statement since David is LYING to Snow.  L-Y-I-N-G.  ]

SNOW: I have just the thing to help you.

Snow's class files into the classroom and takes their seat.

SNOW: Hello everyone.  I hope you're not all terrorized by the latest murder in town by the crazy lady who wants to kill me.  Now that you all understand Newton's Law of Motion, let's get to today's lesson - FORGIVENESS.

JASMINE: No... wait... Snow...

SNOW: Our special guest Shirin will be teaching you the lesson today - on FORGIVENESS.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

As always, I think the clues are in repetitive phrases/themes with this show.  What I've started noticing is that they are getting repetitive with the idea that when the Savior is taken out of the equation, cities fall, all the savior's past deeds are for naught, everyone happy endings are taken away and everything falls apart.  This is what EQ told Emma would happen in the Cinderella episode.  It seems like its what Aladdin thinks happened to Agrabah when he used the shears.

So I'm leaning towards EQ's agenda is to make Emma choose not to be the savior.

I wonder if they might work the idea of the shears separating Emma from her fate all the way to the point of the original curse being reinstated?  Suddenly you've got a world half populated by fairy tale characters that don't know who they are and half that joined at a later date and do know.

• Love 1