Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

It wasn't spelled out, but I thought it was implied from what he said, that people would turn on each other, the town would destroy itself and then Emma said there would be just her and Elsa left standing. 

If he smashes it, he'll get sharded (I know, not a word) as well. I wonder if the mirror doesn't affect magical people period in terms of them getting hit with those shards.

I thought they were just referencing the "Shattered Sight" spell in general when they were talking about everyone turning on each other, not the actual breaking of the glass. But it would be an interesting loophole if the mirror doesn't affect magical people. Would the Snow Queen actually have to get her hands dirty and kill Regina and Rumple herself then? Or would she bank on someone in Storybrooke to eventually do the job for her if they all turned on one another?

I don't want Mirror to be smashed. In fact, I want Mirror to have its own radio advice show where the characters can call in with their problems, and have Mirror give them "unpolished" truth in return.

"Mirror Mirror On The Air" will be a ratings dynamo as other citizens tune in each day to hear Mirror trash their friends and reveal shocking secrets about them. "OMG! Ruby has fleas!" "Granny and Gepetto??? Did anyone see that coming?" "Belle used to be a dude!"

• Love 6

"Mirror Mirror On The Air" will be a ratings dynamo as other citizens tune in each day to hear Mirror trash their friends and reveal shocking secrets about them. "OMG! Ruby has fleas!" "Granny and Gepetto??? Did anyone see that coming?" "Belle used to be a dude!"

Can Snow be the first caller? Please....? I want to see the mirror chime in on her massive guilt complex.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I thought they were just referencing the "Shattered Sight" spell in general when they were talking about everyone turning on each other, not the actual breaking of the glass. But it would be an interesting loophole if the mirror doesn't affect magical people. Would the Snow Queen actually have to get her hands dirty and kill Regina and Rumple herself then? Or would she bank on someone in Storybrooke to eventually do the job for her if they all turned on one another?

Granny and Grumpy would get the mob back together and go kill the beast.

Although I wonder if Regina and Rumple would be unaffected. Elsa and Emma are inherently magical, i.e. they were born with their magic. Regina had to learn hers, however, and Rumple was cursed. They may not count as "true" magical people.

I don't read spoilers or even watch previews, but I just saw the title of the next episode for Sunday's thread, and I am purely guessing that we will finally get a flashback about The Snow Queen... I'm looking forward to that, hoping that once we know her full backstory, her actions and motivations will make more sense and the pieces will fall into place.  I'm hoping to see the original three sisters so I can buy the Emma-looks-like-Helga plot twist.  I also need to know more information about the Broken Mirror curse or whatever Belle described at the end of the last episode, since that to me needed more explanation and backstory.  I'm not sure they can fit all of those into one episode, but I need more info and am eager find out more this Sunday.  Hopefully, we won't be left in the dark like in 3B about how Zelena came up with the Changing the Past spell, even though that was against the laws of magic.  

Edited by Camera One

Hopefully, we won't be left in the dark like in 3B about how Zelena came up with the Changing the Past spell, even though that was against the laws of magic.  

Or how Pan had Henry's drawing with him centuries before Henry was born. This makes it less likely that we will get an explanation of the origins of the Shattered Sight spell, or DQ's runic prophecy. She seems unhinged enough to write up a prophecy for herself. As to how she came to know about the savior, I bet she made a deal with Rumple. Probably helped him get revenge on Anna and Elsa, as Rumple couldn't touch them directly. Elsa probably found out about Anna and tried to save her, and DQ turned against her, wiped her memories, and Urned her. How she was planning to get her happy little sisterly family together with Elsa in the Urn in the Dark One's secret vault, while she herself was the Land Without Magic trying to find the savior, is another question.

• Love 1

I was thinking about this, and what if Adam and Eddy decides that when Emma was put into the wardrobe, instead of being sent to our world, she was actually sent to Arendelle.  She was found by Anna and Elsa's grandmother, who raised Emma (naming her Helga) with the Snow Queen and Elsa/Anna's mother.  

Rumple finds out that his future Curse's "Saviour" was zapped to Arendelle, so he goes to kidnap Emma/Helga.  Ingrid/Snow Queen tries to convince Rumple not to, and Rumple makes a deal with her... he would send Ingrid/Snow Queen to the World Without Magic to be Emma's mother.  Rumple de-ages Emma back to being a baby.  He acquires the Last Magical Pillowcase, which creates a portal that he sends Emma and the Snow Queen through.  Emma the baby ends up in the cupboard a the right time and Pinocchio finds her as we have seen before.  But this time, we see the Snow Queen is looking at them from being a tree.

Then, we find out the biggest twist.  REGINA is Emma's real mother.  

I was thinking about this, and what if Adam and Eddy decides that when Emma was put into the wardrobe, instead of being sent to our world, she was actually sent to Arendelle.  She was found by Anna and Elsa's grandmother, who raised Emma (naming her Helga) with the Snow Queen and Elsa/Anna's mother.

So they also sent her back in time? And why wasn't Pinocchio sent with her?

Although you were probably joking, nevermind :) That would be too much retconning even for Adam and Eddie, anyway. At least I hope so.

Gonna guess that DQ's whispered instructions involved killing or setting up Hook in some way. I can't think of anything else he'd be quite to gleeful about, and it makes sense that she'd need him out of the way for Emma to feel totally alone.

• Love 2

Plays directly in the whole Emma fearing Hook will die.  DQ endangered his life on purpose last time to set up Elsa, but I guess she got a lot more out of it.  What does Hook's death have to do with the hat though unless it comes with a savior clause as well.

• Love 1

Yeah, I pretty much agree that screwing with Hook is Rumple's favourite thing, and they went to the trouble of re-igniting their animosity, so that must be it. Other option could be Regina, but other than those two, I don't see anyone else Rumple would be so gleeful about destroying. But considering the Frozen plot is about Emma, Hook is the safer bet.

One thing I don't get, though, is why Hook would need to die for the Snow Queen's plan to go into action. Sure, Emma is probably in love with him (seeing probably because she hasn't said it on the show), but what would his death accomplish that, IDK, Charming or Henry's wouldn't?

I find it funny that after the Swan Queen episode where they were supposedly set up to be BFFs, they completely dropped that plot and they've had no more scenes together. 

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

I find it funny that after the Swan Queen episode where they were supposedly set up to be BFFs, they completely dropped that plot and they've had no more scenes together. 

And parts of tonight's episode seemed like they were from a completely different continuity--it's like a lot of that episode was a bubble completely in the head of one of the characters.

• Love 2

One thing I don't get, though, is why Hook would need to die for the Snow Queen's plan to go into action.

Ok, here's an idea. In the promo, Emma is desperate for Rumple to remove her powers. What if she accidentally "killed" Hook with her magic, but it was all a setup by Rumple? So now he can happily hat Emma and all her power without any confrontation. Maybe the Snow Queen explained to him how to do it.

Sure, Emma is probably in love with him (seeing probably because she hasn't said it on the show), but what would his death accomplish that, IDK, Charming or Henry's wouldn't?

Maybe she just believes it will work better with Hook since she thinks he's her True Love? Or perhaps she needed Rumple to do it, and Hook is the one he'd gladly kill.

But the Snow Queen does not want Emma to be hatted. I think any hat plans in connection to Emma are Rumple's, not DQ's.

Unless she wants herself, Elsa and Emma all hatted so they can all be together. That could have become part of the plan after the Snow Queen studied the hat for who knows how long. I'm still convinced the hat is a portal of sorts.

Edited by KingOfHearts

The final ingredient for Rumple's world domination is probably "the heart of the one you hate most".  

I wonder if they will keep having Henry be the one undoing every one of Rumple's plans.  Oops, grandpapa, I duct-taped your hat box shut.

• Love 2

The final ingredient for Rumple's world domination is probably "the heart of the one you hate most."

That would be a fun twist on the "thing you love most," but it also seems like a pretty easy thing for a villain to accomplish - there's no internal struggle or sacrifice in killing someone you hate. But I do kind of want to see Rumple tear out Hook's heart, only for Belle to walk in and demand Rumple to stop using the fake dagger. But Rumple wouldn't see that she's holding the dagger and kills him anyways. Thus, two plot birds killed with one stone: 1) all those foreshadowing anvils of Hook dying, and 2) Belle finding out the dagger is fake.

I'm probably wrong but perhaps Rumple just wants to beat the Dark One curse. That is he wants to be freed fromt he dagger without having to pass the role of the Dark One on to someone else.

I'm hoping that Rumple venturing out lands him in New Orleans and Tiana and Dr. Facilier. We need a male villian that isn't related to Rumple.

I don't read spoilers or watch previews, so I'm randomly guessing.  

I'm kinda sad we only have three weeks left before the long hiatus.  I wonder if they will do the usual pattern of S3 where the bad guy is "defeated" and then there's 2 episodes left.  When are we going to have our "Save Henry" or "Kansas" fake-out climax where suddenly, the good guys manage to completely score every win after being outmatched, outwitted and outmaneuvered for weeks?

I am guessing that "Break the Mirror" will finally show us the major mystery of what happened to Anna, Kristoffe, and how Elsa got into the Urn.  Maybe they will finally find Anna, and Elsa will learn that Anna really did put her into the Urn.  I'm assuming that is what's going to turn Elsa over the Dark Side along with Emma.

But that still leaves two episodes left.  I wonder if we will get a full episode on how Rumple got the Urn with Elsa in it.  I'm not sure we will.  

I think we will get a flashback to show where the Snow Queen went after Elsa entered the Urn, how she concocted her plan, and maybe part of her time with Emma in "our world".  Will that be the season finale?

The only other outstanding plot points are:

1. Belle finding out Rumple's plan with the hat

2. Emma finding out Hook is working with Rumple

3. Finding the Book's author

4. Unfrozening Marion

I'm not sure if either #1 & 2 are meant to climax in 4A, or if both will be the cliffhangers..  If #3 is for 4B, they really didn't need to bring it up so early.  Since #4 is related to Frozen, I guess that will need to happen in 4A as well.

I'm hoping for a really good cliffhanger. If it's just the Snow Queen unleashing the next Big Bad with her dying breath, I pass. If Rumple intends on using the hat to leave Storybrooke, then maybe something with a larger scale is at play that transcends the town line.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm hoping for a really good cliffhanger. If it's just the Snow Queen unleashing the next Big Bad with her dying breath, I pass. If Rumple intends on using the hat to leave Storybrooke, then maybe something with a larger scale is at play that transcends the town line.

It occurs to me that there is a good chance that Anna has been hatted or someone the town cares about could get sent into the hat and then they will need to release that person.  So who are the other 'stars' on the hat?  If the guardians of the hat prior to Rumpel weren't evil then there is a good chance the others captured by the hat are villains.

I'm going with the price of releasing someone they love from the hat is going to be unleashing the next evil on the town.

It occurs to me that there is a good chance that Anna has been hatted or someone the town cares about could get sent into the hat and then they will need to release that person.  So who are the other 'stars' on the hat?  If the guardians of the hat prior to Rumpel weren't evil then there is a good chance the others captured by the hat are villains.

I'm going with the price of releasing someone they love from the hat is going to be unleashing the next evil on the town.

Makes me wonder why the Sorcerer even made the hat if he just left it guarded for thousands of years. Maybe it was just used as a magical prison to incarcerate super powerful magic practitioners, like the Dark One, and keep them from taking over the world. Something tells me there's more to the hat than what meets the eye. The Sorcerer just using it to gain power doesn't sound right to me. 

Perhaps the Sorcerer is trapped inside it?

If I didn't know that Disney would never let them mess with the Frozen characters, I'd say Lily = Anna post-hatting.

I still wonder what kind of time freezing container/dome/realm/magical whatsit Anna & Kristoff have been in so that they can reunite with Elsa and all still be the same ages.

If I didn't know that Disney would never let them mess with the Frozen characters, I'd say Lily = Anna post-hatting.

I'd personally like Lily to come back as a villain or something who hasn't forgiven Emma. Her flashback just kind of screamed "villain backstory" to me. But then again, it'd be another situation where a person from the White family did a "terrible act" and now they deserve punishment.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Why? She was younger than Anna and didn't look anywhere like her. Completely different personalities, too.

I'd personally like Lily to come back as a villain or something who hasn't forgiven Emma.

No, please. She wasn't interesting at all, and we've enough villains motivated by jealousy and revenge.

If I suddenly started writing the show, I'd make Lily one of the children from some new magical world that were transported here by some powerful new character, like the Sorcerer . Maybe they were his  (potential) apprentices or something. So, not a villain, just someone connected to a new plot.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

Lily was Young Regina who was sent to our world in another cyclone since Cora wanted to get rid of her too.  The incident with Young Emma damaged Lily/Regina's psyche beyond repair, and that's why she became evil.  But then Rumple sent a man shapeshifted like Lily's dad, to take her back to the Enchanted Forest, and forced Cora to raise her.  They erased her memories of her time as Lily.  It shows how compatible Regina and Emma were as best buddies, but before that can be realized, Emma must make it up to Regina, not only for what she did to her as an adult, but also what she did to her when Regina was a fragile teenager who felt misunderstood.

Edited by Camera One

From the 4x08 thread (quoting myself first for context):

Maybe there's an alternate universe out there made up of the paths the characters didn't take? Two roads diverged in an enchanted wood ... and in our universe, Regina ran away from Robin. In the alternate universe, she stepped into the tavern. It would be the same spot in the "book," hence the same page. The page Robin somehow ended up with belongs in the Bizarro Universe's Once Upon a Time book.

Could we go to this Bizarro universe in 4B? I would love that. The possibilities would be endless. I've wanted to see alternate timelines and universes ever since the time portal happened.

There was an episode of the old Disney Channel show So Weird that did something similar to this. The episode's theory was that there are countless alternate universes made up of all the choices we don't take. And in the episode, by some contrivance of plot that I don't remember because it's been close to a decade since I've last seen it, Bizarro Annie ended up finding her way to this universe.

Can you imagine like, Bizarro Regina meeting our Regina? Would she be disgusted with herself?

And then there's Bizarro Snow, who never had to live in the forest or go on the run because Regina up and left. (I am finding a way for her to have still met Bizarro Charming, because I need a Bizarro Princess Emma in this story.)

If this is really what they're doing, I don't want it to be one or two characters finding their way to Bizarro Universe and vice versa. I want everyone to meet themselves. I want down to be up and up to be down and just complete and utter chaos. It could be so very much fun.

• Love 2

If this is really what they're doing, I don't want it to be one or two characters finding their way to Bizarro Universe and vice versa. I want everyone to meet themselves. I want down to be up and up to be down and just complete and utter chaos. It could be so very much fun.

Maybe Page 23 was a hint that the universes are melding together? I don't know. I hope that plot element has more to it than just being there as a "moral lesson" for Regina. 

That would explain why Maleficent is back in 4B.

And then there's Bizarro Snow, who never had to live in the forest or go on the run because Regina up and left. (I am finding a way for her to have still met Bizarro Charming, because I need a Bizarro Princess Emma in this story.)

Well if she married Prince James, maybe so. I'd like Bizarro Emma to be the ultimate happy-go-lucky Disney princess... the complete opposite of the one we know. Then have Bizarro King George as her grandfather.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I would love a Bizarro OUaT. It would certainly mean interesting things for Emma and her relationships, because Emma is the one character that wouldn't fit in on the timeline. Unless they had someone else cast the curse, like Snow who went dark without Regina's influence as her stepmother or something. Never mind, I just talked myself out of Bizarro OUaT.

So tonight the Snow Queen mentioned Norse myths and given that Thor's hammer has been in Rumple's Castle since Season One, I'm wondering if this is building up to something. I know a lot of people think about Thor from the comics, but there have been other mythological references on the show, such as Midas and Medusa, so maybe they are planning on introducing some actual gods. Maybe the gods created the Dark One.

I like to think DQ lied to Rumple about the hat, or the Apprentice is playing them both. Perhaps when Rumple completes the spell (if he does), it ends up returning him to his pre-Dark One self, without his powers. That would serve him right, though I can't see the show allowing him to be without his powers for long. I don't especially want Killian to end up with the powers himself, but it would almost be worth it just for the epic LOL at Rumple.

I would like that souris.

I think that Belle heard Hook leaving the message. As much as it pains me to say this, she is the one that is going to give Hook back his heart.

remember Colin, Emile and bobby we're said to be filming in the mystery house.

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 1

So, my unspoiled spec is that the Sorcerer is Merlin. We've met Lancelot, so we know Arthurian characters exist. Merlin's the most famous wizard ever, and there's quite conveniently a Disney version. He has powers of prophecy, so he'd be able to point Ingrid towards Emma. In the Disney version he can time travel, which is hard to pull off in OnceLand, so would opening a gate to another world be that difficult for him?

Apparently Emma still has some savioring to do, and it looks like the Sorcerer has been putting her in the correct places to accomplish that goal. We still don't yet know what she's supposed to be savior of. We assume Storybrooke and its residents. Maybe not, though. What if she's supposed to bring back Camelot?

And as a bonus, perhaps the Sorcerer, who authored the book to get Emma to Storybrooke, got in touch with August at some point and let him know about Henry's book, thus explaining how August knew about it when he arrived in town. They could make some sense of all this jankiness yet.

Who ever the Sorcerer is, he must be one powerful entity  I mean his Apprentice rigged a freakin' door to the Land without Magic without breaking a sweat.   Rumple is a chomp compared to those two though it doesn't say much about the Apprentice being trapped in the hat, but plot point...

I think that Belle heard Hook leaving the message. As much as it pains me to say

this, she is the one that is going to give Hook back his heart.

Agree - I do think Belle will hear the message and tell Emma and Charming about it. I also wonder if she'll use the dagger on Rumple again.

I think that Belle heard Hook leaving the message. As much as it pains me to say this, she is the one that is going to give Hook back his heart.

If anything, I think this is Belle's time to really step up as the hero she wants to be.  She and Hook have a very uneasy relationship and rightfully so.  He has wronged her, she didn't deserve what he did to her in the name of his revenge.  Belle hearing the message Hook left, for one thing, she's the only one who knows about the hat and what it can do because Anna told her, so she has absolutely no reason to think he's lying, plus she spent the whole night watching over the baby while everyone was out searching and the way Hook entered the shop yelling for the Crocodile...

I think having Belle go to Emma about what she overheard would bring her full circle in terms of the way she views both Rumple and Hook.  I mean we got that whole speech from Belle about how Hook's heart is rotten and Rumple is all sparkly and awesome even though Hook had just gotten done telling her how Milah died which I think might be brought back up again.  Plus his heart is really red.  When I saw Gold reaching for the heart, I really wondered how bad it was going to look.  Regina's heart had tons of black in it, Snow's heart had that black spot though it was gone by the time she split it with David.  I'm assuming Gold's heart is black and shrivelled up (like Mr. Burns' heart).

Belle might still love Rumple and all, but I think the way she views will really change.  He tried to hat Emma who represent the ultimate good, the person who does the right thing, the mother of his grandson, the embodiment of true love, a hero and then he took her boyfriend's heart.

No matter how dumb Belle is, she can't be that dense anymore when it comes to her charming hubby.

I really dislike Belle a lot, but she deserves hella better than this man.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
I don't especially want Killian to end up with the powers himself, but it would almost be worth it just for the epic LOL at Rumple.

You know, Hook eventually having a go at being the Dark One is a long-standing theory of mine, ever since s2 or early s3, and I could definitely see Ingrid, after getting defeated by Rumple (I'd expect him to use her to power the hat instead of Emma) revealing that she had lied about the heart in her last moment of triumph before her death. And that the spell won't work the way Rumple expects.

So, my unspoiled spec is that the Sorcerer is Merlin. We've met Lancelot, so we know Arthurian characters exist.

Yeah, at this point I can't imagine him as anybody but Merlin. 

• Love 2

From the Magic thread:

And as to being magically healed, among other possibilities, they showed Regina healing Henry's minor cut.  Why bother with that little detail except to maybe set up the next stop on Regina's redemption tour?

Oh, UGH, I can see this now. Hook gets killed but Regina heals him. Thereby restoring Emma's love to her when Emma "took" hers away by bringing back Marian, and proving how superior Regina is to Emma in every way. That goes along with

Lana's pic holding the heart during 4x11 filming.

I'll be over in the corner banging my head against a wall to clear it of such thoughts.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Who ever the Sorcerer is, he must be one powerful entity  I mean his Apprentice rigged a freakin' door to the Land without Magic without breaking a sweat. 

When we finally meet the Sorcerer, he won't be able to do a thing.  "Oh sorry, that's outside of my reportoire."  "I was only able to create that door once because of the very special tree from which the door frame was made.  It was actually the second last tree in that forest, and the last tree made the wardrobe.  So sorry, do you want to make your broom dance?  Since that's the only thing I can actually do.  If the broom promises to be selfless, brave and true."

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

When we finally meet the Sorcerer, he won't be able to do a thing.  "Oh sorry, that's outside of my reportoire."  "I was only able to create that door once because of the very special tree from which the door frame was made.  It was actually the second last tree in that forest, and the last tree made the wardrobe.  So sorry, do you want to make your broom dance?  Since that's the only thing I can actually do.  If the broom promises to be selfless, brave and true."

Blue is the Sorcerer. Calling it now. That's why only the Apprentice can talk with her - she's keeping a secret identity.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I keep getting stuck at the Apprentice's age.  Since apprentices usually tend to be young students, why would they deliberately cast the older man with some gravitas who looks like he should be the master? 

Were they trying to do the unexpected thing, or is there another Apprentice twist coming?

• Love 1

Picking up a non-spoilery bit from the spoilers thread:

It amazes me how much Emma and the Charmings seem to take Hook for granted. He disappears while Emma is missing and nobody wonders what might be going on. He shows up WITH A NEW HAND and nobody asks any questions. I know....it's totally not what they wanted to focus on in the episodes, but you'd think it would come up. I'm sure it will before the half season is over.

It would certainly give the shattered sight spell something to work with, if it's anything like what it did to Anna. What she said was the truth, just editing out the good stuff. So if Hook only starts seeing the bad stuff without the good parts (the fact that he's been given a chance at all, in spite of his past behavior, the way Emma's been the one to initiate most kisses), then he's likely to believe he doesn't matter to any of them, that they only care about him when they need him, even Emma. He can disappear and they don't even notice. He also already believes that Emma will never be able to forgive him, so that will only make matters worse.

Since apprentices usually tend to be young students, why would they deliberately cast the older man with some gravitas who looks like he should be the master?

Maybe it's like Merlin in The Sword in the Stone, where he ages backward. So now he looks old, but when he's ready to step up and be the master, he'll look like a toddler. Or else this is a sign of how really, really old the Sorcerer actually is if this is his Apprentice.

Were they trying to do the unexpected thing, or is there another Apprentice twist coming?

If the Apprentice really is the Sorcerer, then there will be some major eyerolling going on.

I believe he's immortal just like his master, simply because he'd be dead between Zoso and Anna. However, he didn't attain his immortality until when he older, much likely when the Sorcerer thought he was ready for it. 

• Love 2