Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Lovely win for the Warriors tonight (Stephen Curry/46 points!) without Poole, without Wiggins, without Klay, without Andre, without Damion Lee against a mostly full strength Memphis Grizzlies team. And it looks like the Spurs will dispatch the Lakers soon enough as well. Noice 😸

• Love 3
6 hours ago, isalicat said:

And it looks like the Spurs will dispatch the Lakers soon enough as well.

Their last home game before Staples becomes the crypto.com arena.  To mark the occasion they brought out quite the eclectic mix of former Lakers - Robert Horry (makes sense), Metta Sandiford-Artest (OK), Luke Walton (fine), Gary Payton (is 03-04 really something they want to celebrate?) and Byron Scott (I guess Phil Jackson refused to come?).  Was Derek Fisher unavailable?

I watched a 5 Christmas Day games & I ended up more irritated than satisfied by the results. The Hawk - Knicks was an absolute suckfest. Trae Young didn't play (Covid Protocol), so that game was unenjoyable from the start. The Knicks winning in a blowout made it even worse.

The Celtics - Bucks was somewhat enjoyable mainly because the Celtics lost. 

In a surprise to nobody, those Warriors beat the Suns 116-107 with Steph leading the way with 33 points & that guy Jordan Poole being a big help down the stretch. Unlike ESPN, I was not happy with that result. 

The Nets - Lakers was kind of entertaining. With the Lakers trailing throughout the game & almost made the the comeback. Sadly for them, they came up short. Currently, they're in 6th place in the Western Conference. The only one I feel bad for on the Lakers is LeBron. The rest of the Lakers are not worthy of sympathy & I'm enjoying their failure so far this season. However, I don't think they're dead & buried yet.

The Mavericks - Jazz was an OK game, but I find it very meh. The Jazz won the game, but we all know that the Jazz have no chance what so ever in beating those Warriors.

Edited by Magog
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh @Magog, come to the Dark Side. Resistance is futile! 😂

NEVER! I would rather walk through a thorny rose bush, barefoot. Besides, going over to the Dark Side (rooting for those revolting Warriors) would be like me rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. That wretched team is just as repulsive as those Warriors.

• LOL 3

The Warriors are clearly a force for good in the NBA - great to watch, no prima donna players, a perfect template for building teams that work, with complementary pieces that may not be valued elsewhere.

I eagerly await Steph's MVP, Finals MVP and fourth ring.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

The Warriors are clearly a force for good in the NBA - great to watch, no prima donna players, a perfect template for building teams that work, with complementary pieces that may not be valued elsewhere.

I eagerly await Steph's MVP, Finals MVP and fourth ring.

Draymond has entered Covid protocols. ☹️

5 hours ago, Magog said:

In a surprise to nobody, those Warriors beat the Suns 116-107 with Steph leading the way with 33 points & that guy Jordan Poole being a big help down the stretch. Unlike ESPN, I was not happy with that result. 

Jordan Poole was not playing (he is also out on Covid protocols) - you mean Otto Porter Jr. And this was a big surprise to almost everyone....but you, I guess! 😸

And of course LeWhine decided to claim that the Warriors were at "full strength" against the Suns even though they were missing Klay, Andre, Poole, Wiggins, etc. etc. etc. Not a good look, Bronnie.

Edited by isalicat
Needed to add stuff!
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I just saw a Covid commercial featuring Karl Anthony Townes.  His chyron said "NBA All-Star." Now why couldn't it say he plays for the Minnesota Timberwolves?

If the sponsors thought his team association was so important, they would have put him in a jersey. Being an NBA all-star has more caché with viewers who aren't necessarily basketball fans. Accomplishment trumps team.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 1

I used to like Lebron and never really had issue with him but lately he has annoyed me. He’s a competitor he doesn’t want to admit this roster of players is basically a failure but he seems to just be making excuses. Trying to downplay others success. I don’t know he just seems extra whiney. Sorry Anthony Davis is made of glass guy.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can we wrap Steph in a giant K95 mask? 😷

Better yet, re-evaluate the whole system. If the player is fully vaccinated and is entirely asymptomatic but tests positive then so what? They are not any more communicable as I understand it than any other person (since most of us are vaxed but wandering around untested for the most part, unlike NBA players, so any of us could be positive and spreading the virus and so it goes at this point). The protocols and the masks are not stopping transmission of the omicron varient so I vote for the season to go on and players should only need to not play if they are not vaxed and/or ill.

• Love 1

Right about what? Denver didn’t have the minimum number of players to play so it had to be postponed. Warriors were “short” but they still had the minimum players so had to play. These are vaccinated players becoming positive which isn’t their fault at all. I’m sure if the Warriors were decimated with covid protocols their games would be postponed as well. It’s only a matter of time. Maybe the right thing to do is just take a three-four week break so the players stop spreading  covid among each other and then restart end of January after the spike.

Edited by twoods
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, twoods said:

Right about what? Denver didn’t have the minimum number of players to play so it had to be postponed. Warriors were “short” but they still had the minimum players so had to play. These are vaccinated players becoming positive which isn’t their fault at all. I’m sure if the Warriors were decimated with covid protocols their games would be postponed as well. It’s only a matter of time. Maybe the right thing to do is just take a three-four week break so the players stop spreading  covid among each other and then restart end of January after the spike.

Denver did not have the minimum number of players because they pretty obviously deliberately did not bring up some scrubs from their G team or from outside, unlike the Warriors and lots of other teams...so basically took a pass on this game for "reasons". Now the Warriors will have to play them later in the season which is better for Denver.

Again, if they stopped with this nonsense of having asymptomatic players forced to quarantine and just go ahead with everyone who is not actively feeling ill, it would get this all over with much faster (as with the rest of society). Its clear that the omicron doesn't give a toss about "protocols" inside or outside the NBA.

• Love 3

The whole thing is a mess and I feel like Silver and the league are randomly applying rules without any real consistency. A few months ago, more than half of the Sixers were out with Covid and had to call up G League players to field a team and none of their games were postponed. The Mavs are doing the same thing right now; it's like their list of players out on protocols is longer than the list of those available to play. It's not going to get any better over the coming month as cases peak from the holidays. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Steph Curry has been having an awful shooting slump that (coincidentally?) started around the same time rumors of marital problems between him and Ayesha started.

Hope it's not true. I think they're a cute couple.

He was scratched tonight, along with Draymond. Kerr doesn't seem to want them playing back to backs. Let's see how Steph responds on Sunday with Klay finally back.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He was scratched tonight, along with Draymond. Kerr doesn't seem to want them playing back to backs. Let's see how Steph responds on Sunday with Klay finally back.

I actually got a weird vibe when Steph broke the 3 point record.

His mom, dad, college coach, Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, brother Seth were all there. His wife was ... not. Later that night Steph went barhopping/partying with his dad, Kevin Durant, Andre Igoudala, and some other friends. Again, no Ayesha.

8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ayesha posted wedding photos yesterday. I was wondering what that was all about. 

Yeah. Definitely seems weird since she doesn't post any context behind it.

In other NBA news, DeMarcus Cousins was cut by the Bucks immediately after yesterday's game. Ouch.

Of course, he looked good last night (17 points). That was not a surprise in the least. Thankfully, he didn't get 30 points like I thought he would. Watching the game last night was nosebleed inducing. 

At least Klay is back again, so now I can go back to really despising him like I do Steph. 

BTW, those scummy Warriors are playing the Grizzles on Tuesday Night (Not on ESPN, but on NBATV). Hopefully, Ja Morant will bring his A game that night because he is a lot of fun to watch & the Grizzlies are very easy to root for. 

• LOL 1

RJ Barrett really needs to work on being consistent. 31 points last night, leading the Knicks past the Spurs, 32 against the Pacers last week, the buzzer beating three against the Celtics, but he still has too many 'middle of the pack' games.

I think the Knicks are already regretting giving Julius Randle that contract, as much as his play last season warranted it.

And now the Sixers are apparently trying to trade Ben Simmons to the Kings. How does that guy have any value left at all?

9 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

And now the Sixers are apparently trying to trade Ben Simmons to the Kings. How does that guy have any value left at all?

Any team that takes him is just asking for trouble. I get not wanting to play for a team where you feel like you aren't valued and the fans don't appreciate you, but that's life no matter where you play. At some point every player alive has a bad streak or season and teammates and fans start questioning things. And yes, maybe Joel Embiid and Doc Rivers threw him under the bus a bit for losing the playoffs last season, but Simmons cannot take any bit of questioning or criticism AT ALL. He's shown that since college and he hasn't changed. I lost any shred of respect I had for him with his actions this season. 

• Love 6

Thank you Ja Morant for really putting a smile on my face tonight, even though Draymond didn't play tonight (which makes me sad). Hopefully, he & the Grizzlies will do some more of that to those Warriors (like they did in the Play-In last season) if they meet in the Playoffs. The Jazz can learn a lot from the Grizzlies. 

Edited by Magog

I was going for the warriors but the grizzlies winning didn’t make me mad. I like them too.

Lebron James seems to get whinier as time goes on. His whiny play when the lakers lost to the Grizzlies was a joke. Not everyone’s fault your team is a huge flop lebron.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I wonder if those Warriors will be charged with flat out assault and battery against the Bulls.

Magog can be a star witness for the prosecution. 🤣 

It's a happy day for Magog as Demon Spawn* hurt his bad hand again and will be out.

*Stephen Curry

• LOL 2