Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Sadly for Magog, the injury is minor, and Steph will probably only miss tomorrow and maybe Tuesday's game against the Pistons. 

The subreddits are worried because this is the same hand Steph broke and they think this might be a bit of a chronic injury that could account for his shooting slump.

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, he fell on it last night, long after his shooting slump started. 

And he went home early from the road trip, is working out normally and expected to play against Detroit on Tuesday...🏀😸

2 hours ago, isalicat said:

And he went home early from the road trip, is working out normally and expected to play against Detroit on Tuesday...🏀😸

Bad news though. Draymond is out for two more weeks. The calf injury apparently originated in his low back. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Bad news though. Draymond is out for two more weeks. The calf injury apparently originated in his low back. 

The talk is an inflamed or herniated disc. Those are a bitch to treat. I know a dancer who had a herniated disc. She was out for 10 months and it still isn't the same.

The Lakers defeated the sorry Jazz 101-95 last night & I basically rolled my eyes about that. Russell Westbrook didn't mess things up for a change & helped the Lakers win the game. A couple of days ago after the Lakers got pounded by the Nuggets by 37 points, Magic Johnson had too much time on his hands & was tweeting about how much the Lakers sucked this season & how "Laker Nation" deserves better than this. I only feel bad LeBron James for the Lakers suckiness this season. But other than that, the rest of the Lakers, Magic Johnson, & those "Lakers Fans" (not named Jack Nicholson) can get bent & get lost about on how we need to feel bad for the struggling Lakers (currently in 7th place in the West).

Edited by Magog

It was so nice seeing Steph miss a lay up that would of won the game in regulation last night. It was also nice seeing him brick a 3 pointer that would of tied the game in Overtime. Maybe, he should of shot in half court. It probably would of went in.

I thought that those Warriors would of beaten the crap out of the Pacers like they did to the Bulls last week. Somehow, they lost to the Pacers in Overtime last night. Steph wasn't doing that stupid shimmy dance when that game was over.

• LOL 1

Grayson Allen is pretty much the living embodiment of every single negative Duke stereotype.  If this were the olden days someone would have laid the smackdown on him by now, just like they used to do with Laimbeer.  I remember when Robert Parish punched him in a playoff game. 

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Grayson Allen is a shit. Alex Caruso has a fractured wrist and will undergo surgery next week after Allen's hard foul in yesterday's game. He's been doing this crap since his college days.

In my opinion, players that cause injuries of this nature should be suspended as long as the player he injured is unable to perform.  Just sayin'!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, isalicat said:

Oh, the Warriors! So much talent, so much joy!

So much eye rolling, migraine inducing, stomach turning, vomit inducing.

10 hours ago, isalicat said:

(though still missing the essential Draymond, long live his new broadcasting gig!).

Congrats to Draymond on his new gig on TNT. He will most certainly bring in the entertainment & the funny on TNT. He's very charming to me & never gets on my nerves like Steph & Klay do on a daily basis. He & Andrew Wiggins are the only likable Warriors. Speaking of Andrew Wiggins, congrats on him being a starter in the All Star Game. He deserves it, even though it had to come from "The Dark Side."

I'm surprised that its going to be Team LeBron vs Team Durant again for the All Star Game instead of Team Steph (since KD is not playing in the All Star Game).

3 hours ago, Magog said:

Congrats to Draymond on his new gig on TNT. He will most certainly bring in the entertainment & the funny on TNT. He's very charming to me & never gets on my nerves like Steph & Klay do on a daily basis.

Okay, now...I get you don't like Steph for "reasons", but who doesn't like Klay???? Whats not to like, seriously?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Klay doesn't have a mean or arrogant bone in his body. He's smart, thoughtful, hilarious.

So is Draymond. But, Draymond has that charisma that you can't ignore & is very likable. Klay just rubs me the wrong way. Plus, he's attached to Steph (aka Splash brothers) & his somewhat reminds me of Steph, except Klay doesn't do that stupid shimmy dance & isn't in your face about his performance like Steph is. Also, Klay doesn't do pre game antics like Steph does all the time & having ESPN gushing about it.

1 hour ago, Magog said:

So is Draymond. But, Draymond has that charisma that you can't ignore & is very likable. Klay just rubs me the wrong way. Plus, he's attached to Steph (aka Splash brothers) & his somewhat reminds me of Steph

Actually, apparently Steph and Klay are not close at all off the court. 

But I get it, Klay got some of Steph's demon dust.

To each their own.  I can see how Klay can piss off people, but IMO, it's no different than several people before him "boasting" or showing off following victory.  I guess the definitive practice or "response" is to be better and get the antagonist back on the court (or field or course)

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Steph's joyfull attitude & happiness to be on the court really appeals to me.  I love it when he does well & treats himself (& us) to a little shimmy.  What's wrong with that?

according to magog he's the devil, that's what's wrong, lol

• LOL 5

Why is Kyrie Irving allowed to play in the Brooklyn vs Golden State game? Last I heard San Francisco (along with New York) has a mandate of not being allowed entrance to public entertainment venues if you aren't vaccinated. 

38 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Kyrie Irving allowed to play in the Brooklyn vs Golden State game? Last I heard San Francisco (along with New York) has a mandate of not being allowed entrance to public entertainment venues if you aren't vaccinated. 

Only for residents, not for visiting folk.

• Useful 1

Visitors being able to play unvaccinated is true in NYC as well.  In fact, the penalty in NYC for home teams breaking the mandate and playing anyway is a fine that goes up to $5000 for each player, but so far the NBA isn't allowing home teams to jut pay the fine.

That being said, when we get close to the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA decides that they'll allow each team to do what they want.  Then Kyrie will get to play home games.

6 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

That being said, when we get close to the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA decides that they'll allow each team to do what they want.  Then Kyrie will get to play home games.

Then I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stretch of rampant Covid like there was for a few weeks a couple of weeks ago when every team had four to five people in protocol and teams like Atlanta had ten. The playoffs will have no stars and all G-League and bench players and they'll have no one to blame but themselves. 

37 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Then I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stretch of rampant Covid like there was for a few weeks a couple of weeks ago when every team had four to five people in protocol and teams like Atlanta had ten. The playoffs will have no stars and all G-League and bench players and they'll have no one to blame but themselves. 

I would be. The country is at a different stage of the pandemic. While there is the possibility of a new variant, conditions are improving. and the playoffs don't start until April.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2022 at 5:56 AM, cambridgeguy said:

Uhh, NBA rules do not overrule local ordinances.

48 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Uhh, NBA rules do not overrule local ordinances.

The local ordinance says follow the rules or pay a fine, which tops out at 5000 dollars per offense.  The NBA has said don't even think about breaking the rules and just paying the fine since we'll impose other punishments.  That's not overruling a local ordinance.

Now, who knows what would happen if that were actually put to the test, given that there's probably some wiggle room and ambiguity with the order - otherwise, paying the equivalent of a few pennies to get your All-Star player on the court is more than worth it to the Nets.

BabyDubs (no Steph, no Klay, no Dre, no Draymond, no Wiggins, no OPjr, GP2 injured - hopefully not terribly bad - halfway through) beat a totally healthy Spurs team in San Antonio tonight, outscoring them 35 - 16 in the fourth quarter. 😹 Strength in numbers!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, isalicat said:

BabyDubs (no Steph, no Klay, no Dre, no Draymond, no Wiggins, no OPjr, GP2 injured - hopefully not terribly bad - halfway through) beat a totally healthy Spurs team in San Antonio tonight, outscoring them 35 - 16 in the fourth quarter. 

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, I didn't even bother watching because I figured it would be a loss. I was surprised when I got the final score alert on my phone.

Surprised?! I'm not. Frankly, I'm surprised that it wasn't a stroll in the park ass whooping from those Warriors.

Hopefully, Ja Morant  & the Grizzlies will humiliate & beat the crap out of the sucky Knicks tonight.

Edited by Magog

As a Sixers fan, I was disappointed in the outcome. But mad props to the Mavs fans who braved an ice storm to get to the arena, saw their team go down double digits early, sat through a 45 minute delay when they had to replace a backboard and stuck around for the win.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

As a Sixers fan, I was disappointed in the outcome. But mad props to the Mavs fans who braved an ice storm to get to the arena, saw their team go down double digits early, sat through a 45 minute delay when they had to replace a backboard and stuck around for the win.

If rumors are correct there's going to be a huge change in Sixers roster soon.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

If rumors are correct there's going to be a huge change in Sixers roster soon.

If the Sixers bring in James Harden they are doomed, doomed I tell you! All he does now is stand around being fat and lazy and waiting to be fouled.

• Love 1

The Bucks gave the Lakers an ass whooping last night. The score was Bucks 131 - Lakers 116 & it was flat out over by halftime. Russell Westbrook was bad as usual (3-11 for 10 points) & he's probably going to get blamed for this beatdown. I'm sure that those Warriors were laughing & licking their chops watching that massacre last night while thinking what kind of ass whooping that they're going to give to the Lakers on Saturday Night.

The Trading Deadline is tomorrow afternoon at 3pm & I'm very curious to see which team feels sorry for the Lakers (it better not be the Cavaliers) & takes Russell Westbrook off the Lakers hands.

Edited by Magog
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Magog said:

The Trading Deadline is tomorrow afternoon at 3pm & I'm very curious to see which team feels sorry for the Lakers (it better not be the Cavaliers) & takes Russell Westbrook off the Lakers hands.

I don't think Westbrick is going anywheres....his contract is just way too expensive for what you get. The big action at the moment is between the Sixers and the Nets (Simmons for Harden, as it were, plus some supporting cast...).

• Love 1