Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm worried Steve Kerr is playing Steph too much. Steph has a history of mid-season injuries, and I think Kerr should give him a day off here or there. Also, pull him when it's a blowout.

Steph will be fine as usual & its nothing to worry about. I don't see those Warriors fans & ESPN even thinking & worrying about that. Besides, I'm still waiting on him attempting to get Wilt Chamberlain's record for most points scored in a game (100). Kobe came pretty close with 81. 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Magog said:

Steph will be fine as usual & its nothing to worry about. I don't see those Warriors fans & ESPN even thinking & worrying about that. Besides, I'm still waiting on him attempting to get Wilt Chamberlain's record for most points scored in a game (100). Kobe came pretty close with 81. 

Of course you want the devil from 30 feet to get injured, lol.

• Love 1

This was in my FB memories from December 6, 2011 and I have no idea why.  I’m not even a Lakers fan so I don’t know why I cared about whatever I was nattering on about.

How much would it suck to wake up this morning as a Laker not named Kobe to find out the organization doesn't care about you very much other than your trade value?

• LOL 1

Tonight's game (those Warriors  - those sucky Trail Blazers) is going to be a downright massacre. I'm certain that Steph is licking his chops over that ass-whooping that he is going to give to the TrailBlazers. And he is only 16 3-pointers away from passing Ray Allen on the all time 3-pointers made list. And its on ESPN tonight, so there will be a whole lot of time for the Not worth a damn NBA Countdown Crew to do their usual hero worshipping on him & those Warriors. Maybe they can get Klay Thompson to guest star for them to help them worship their favorite player & team. Its not like they need the help in that department.

Since Steph is going to pass Ray Allen for most 3-pointers made tonight (sadly), it'll make watching the game tonight tolerable if he can really mock & humiliate those sorry sucky Knicks by scoring 50 or more points on these losers. Besides, its not like they'll be a whole lot of Knicks fans at the "Mecca" (MSG) tonight. It'll mainly be a bunch of Steph Curry fans & a bunch of those front running, bandwagon Warriors fans. I'm certain that most of them wouldn't know anything about Rick Barry & the 75 Warriors, World B Free (he used to play for the Warriors), RUN TMC, & the We Believe Warriors from 2007 (back when they were rootable & likable).

Thankfully, this game will be on TNT & not on the Steph Curry fan network (ESPN).

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 2

So Zion Williamson just isn't going to play this season, is he?  Charles Barkley has said that Moses Malone called him fat and lazy, then helped him get into shape.  It would help if Zion had has own Moses - I don't know about the lazy part, but Zion isn't anywhere close to game shape.

I doubt Zion plays for the Pelicans again at all. He clearly doesn't want to be there, and with player power as it is in the NBA, the slightest upset - like telling him to get off his arse, correct his diet and rehab his injury - is likely to be the breaking point.

The NBA should just set up an outcasts team, with Zion, Simmons, Kyrie, Dwight Howard, John Wall and Russell Westbrook. It would be hilarious to watch.

Meanwhile, it's going to be great to see Steph officially become the greatest three-point shooter in the history of the game, hopefully on his way to another MVP and another ring. I hope he gets an entire documentary series dedicated to him, like MJ.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Magog said:

Since Steph is going to pass Ray Allen for most 3-pointers made tonight (sadly), it'll make watching the game tonight tolerable if he can really mock & humiliate those sorry sucky Knicks by scoring 50 or more points on these losers. Besides, its not like they'll be a whole lot of Knicks fans at the "Mecca" (MSG) tonight. It'll mainly be a bunch of Steph Curry fans & a bunch of those front running, bandwagon Warriors fans. I'm certain that most of them wouldn't know anything about Rick Barry & the 75 Warriors, World B Free (he used to play for the Warriors), RUN TMC, & the We Believe Warriors from 2007 (back when they were rootable & likable).

Thankfully, this game will be on TNT & not on the Steph Curry fan network (ESPN).

I've been a hardcore Dubs fan since I was a kid. I remember Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond. RUN TMC. We Believe! But there were more lean years than good. This run has been a delight. And I have Steph, Klay, and Draymond to thank for it. And of course the role players who can spell the Big 3 and not lose leads. 

I look forward to tonight's game. I might even cry. 😁

• Love 4

He finally passed Ray Allen for 3-pointers made (2,974). I even clapped a little bit. Yay.

Now, its time to really mock & humiliate those sorry sucky Knicks. I still want 50 points from him tonight.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Magog said:

He finally passed Ray Allen for 3-pointers made (2,974). I even clapped a little bit. Yay.

Now, its time to really mock & humiliate those sorry sucky Knicks. I still want 50 points from him tonight.

Even better.  Over 100.  Or 151+.  That way, he can break two records in the World's Most Famous Arena!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Those scummy Warriors 105 - The sucky sorry Knicks 96.

Other than Steph passing Ray Allen early in the game (yay), the game pretty much sucked & it was a slog watching the rest of it. It was bad enough that I didn't get what I want (Steph getting 50 points (He got 22) while mocking & humiliating the Knicks). And the Knicks somehow kept it close, which really pissed me off.

It feels like it would be more accurate for the media  to call Steph the greatest shooter since 1979 rather than in NBA history.

I mean, Pistol Pete went 10-15 on broken old knees in the first year of the three pointer.  Imagine how many he would have hit his entire career.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

Does anyone know the deal behind the Warriors' uniforms last night? They were basically Knicks unis with a yellow seam on the neck and shoulders.

They've been wearing those unis a lot this season both home and away. I don't know the story behind it 

• Love 1

This one?

It's an "origins" jersey: 

The Golden State Warriors unveiled their “Warriors Origins” uniform this morning, what they’re calling “a modern-era spin” on their 1962 Philadelphia Warriors road uniform, a Warriors season made famous by Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game on March 2nd (during a game played in Hershey, Pennsylvania of all places).

Another moneymaking scheme from the league, I guess. Now there are home, away, alternate, city, throwback and origins uniforms to sell to people.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Tonight's game between the Lakers - Mavericks was a lot of fun to watch with the Lakers winning it 107-104 Overtime. A rookie name Austin Reaves (who wasn't even drafted by the Lakers) made the game-winning 3 pointer. BTW, there was plenty of Lakers fans at the game in Dallas. It felt like the Lakers were at home at times when they score.

• Love 1

I’m guessing a lot of LA transplants in Texas. Some of the Spurs games have a good number of Lakers fans as well. What a fun game, but what a shitshow with the Lakers clanking all those threes at the end of the game and luckily bailed out.

Edited by twoods
10 hours ago, isalicat said:
On 12/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, grommit2 said:

Celtics beat Milwaukee?  Wow.😊

Next up, Golden State 😸

I'm sure that it'll be fun to watch tonight. NOT. Neither of them are very rootable or likeable. 

I find both the Celtics & those Warriors very repulsive.

33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That flushing noise you heard was the Lakers' season going down the toilet. AD has an MCL sprain and will miss about 4 weeks.

Look, the Lakers are not going anywhere this year anyways...AD has not been making his shots and Westbrick is well, Westbrick and now he's out on protocols too. LeWhine can only carry the rest of the olds so far on his own so I'm going to be very surprised if they even make the playoffs as a eighth place team.

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, isalicat said:

Look, the Lakers are not going anywhere this year anyways...AD has not been making his shots and Westbrick is well, Westbrick and now he's out on protocols too. LeWhine can only carry the rest of the olds so far on his own so I'm going to be very surprised if they even make the playoffs as a eighth place team.

Compared to the East though the West is kind of weak. The Warriors, Suns and Jazz lead the pack but other teams are not doing well.

East is a different story. You lose one game and might drop three places in the standings.

24 players are out because of injury/protocol in tonight's Magic/Nets game.

It shows.

The commentary on this game has been hilarious. The number of callups led Richard Jefferson to call it "The largest crowd ever for a G League game."

Edited by xaxat

Makes sense. I’m sure a lot of them aren’t boostered yet and they all lick their hands or play with their mouth guards and then touch the freaking ball. Then their hands go back to their face. It’s a virus’s dream sport. I just hope that none of them get sick or develop myocarditis or blood clots.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, twoods said:

Makes sense. I’m sure a lot of them aren’t boostered yet and they all lick their hands or play with their mouth guards and then touch the freaking ball. Then their hands go back to their face. It’s a virus’s dream sport. I just hope that none of them get sick or develop myocarditis or blood clots.

It's because Omicron is a beast. The Premier League, NFL, NHL are also having issues.

19 hours ago, twoods said:

Actually I think over 60% are boostered which is higher than the general population. But the crowded arenas, the lack of social distancing, the heavy breathing, body liquids, etc. all make it the virus's dream. Plus NBA guys are very close. Many of them socialize and party together after games are over. Superspreading dream.

• Love 2