Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

The old Bad Boys Pistons would be proud.  I hope they're all ready for the suspensions and fines - justified or not, I'm not sure the NBA is going to be OK with Stewart's repeated attempts to rush Lebron after it seemed like things had calmed down a bit.

I don’t know why Lebron will be suspended more because Stewart kept escalating it when everyone calmed down, then pushed some guy down while he was running into the locker room. There are going to be fines and suspensions galore on both teams.

LeBron should be suspended but what was with Stewart acting calmly right after and then suddenly raging? Some fans on reddit are accusing Westbrook of getting him riled up, but I wonder if he was just so stunned at first, then saw all of the blood, and lost it. I get being furious, but repeatedly trying to charge LeBron to the point of knocking staff over is a bit much, imo. LeBron won't be suspended because Adam Silver is a bitch, but he should be, and I feel like Stewart should be fined for the repeated rushing attempts. The whole thing is a mess.

• Love 4

Stewart also unfortunately tried to run through the tunnel to get to the Lakers bench.

Just a mess of a game. Reminded me of those Bad Boys slugfests.

In other news, Cade Cunningham after a rocky start has got his groove going and had a triple double tonight.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, mojoween said:

Isaiah probably knew the LeBron excuse birds started before the fight was over so he figured might as well get the most bang for his buck.

I'm sure those staff he knocked down and forced to chase him through the tunnels appreciated it. 

• Love 4

LeBron came back from suspension and got two fans booted from courtside in Indiana.  At first I of course was like Jesus Christ you’re SUCH a baby but if the chick said what she was reported to have said, she doesn’t deserve anything nice in her life.  You don’t ever talk about people’s kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mojoween said:

LeBron came back from suspension and got two fans booted from courtside in Indiana.  At first I of course was like Jesus Christ you’re SUCH a baby but if the chick said what she was reported to have said, she doesn’t deserve anything nice in her life.  You don’t ever talk about people’s kids.

Yeah that's awful if it's true. Fans can be really vile and out of hand.

4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Last nights Kings/Lakers game went to triple OT. Fun game.

Actually both teams played truly terribly but the Kangs won, so there is that (with the Lakers core playing play-off minutes!). And the Warriors won again 😸

• Love 3

Lebron is starting to remind me of later-years Kobe. Kobe and Lebron had a few of the same issues: their bodies were falling apart, and while they were still great players, they were no longer as consistent. They both wanted to control the FO. Both were extremely impatient with developing young talent. Seems like Lebron is chugging along to his retirement much the way Kobe did.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The Suns have quietly put together a 16 game winning streak. They have a home/home series coming up with the Warriors this week. Should be fun! 

I guess the Sarver report wasn't the big distraction it was supposed to be.  In fact, I don't remember hearing a word about it after the initial article, which just goes to show that you can count on most things going away for at least a while as long as you get past the initial firestorm.

4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Enes Kanter is changing his name to Enes Freedom. I have respect for his stance on China, but this feels like an attention-grabbing stunt.

In any other case, I would agree, but in this instance, whatever he has to do to make his voice heard, I'm for it! Talk about a lone voice crying out in the wilderness....

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Actually many superstars give away their jerseys and shoes after every game. Kevin Durant gives away his jersey to a fan after every game.

You’re right, but scrolling down in that thread I saw a few other fan moments, one that was off the court of him being grateful to a fan for drawing pictures of him. His face lit up and he genuinely was so happy. I think he loves making fans happy, and it’s refreshing to see.

• Love 6

admiration for Enes Freedom was short-lived. 

He went on Tucker Carlson tonight:

"People should feel really blessed to be in America. They love to criticize it but when you live in a country like Turkey, you appreciate the freedoms you have here. "I feel like they should just keep their mouth shut and stop criticizing the greatest nation in the world and they should focus on their freedoms and their human rights and democracy."

🙄

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 1

Of course he’s an attention seeker. He could have called out any other NBA athlete who has a massive Nike, Reebok or Adidas contract but he chose Lebron because he knew he would get more attention from the fans and media. And it worked. 

• Love 5
On 11/28/2021 at 12:39 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

The Suns have quietly put together a 16 game winning streak. They have a home/home series coming up with the Warriors this week. Should be fun! 

It'll be fun like getting stung by a jellyfish at the beach. Those Warriors are going to kick their butts in both games. Tonight & on Friday Night (which for some reason, its not on ESPN). I'm sure Steph is going to find ways to mock & humiliate the Suns with ESPN being very gleeful about it as usual. If the Suns somehow get a split out of it, they should consider themselves lucky.

Frankly, I didn't even know that the Suns are on a 16 game winning streak. You would think it would gotten some attention by now. 

ESPN is too busy with the Warriors doing well and the demise of the Lakers that they forget there are other teams out there. Good for the Suns. They are favorites tonight but I’m sure the Warriors will beat them. 

1 hour ago, twoods said:

ESPN is too busy with the Warriors doing well and the demise of the Lakers that they forget there are other teams out there. Good for the Suns. They are favorites tonight but I’m sure the Warriors will beat them. 

Hope so! All fingers and toes crossed! (and besides ESPN there has been lots of coverage of the Suns, given that they were finalists last year...and now they are perceived as "plucky" :)

11 hours ago, Magog said:

It'll be fun like getting stung by a jellyfish at the beach. Those Warriors are going to kick their butts in both games. Tonight & on Friday Night (which for some reason, its not on ESPN). I'm sure Steph is going to find ways to mock & humiliate the Suns with ESPN being very gleeful about it as usual. If the Suns somehow get a split out of it, they should consider themselves lucky.

Frankly, I didn't even know that the Suns are on a 16 game winning streak. You would think it would gotten some attention by now. 

You have probably never been so happy to be wrong. 😂

• LOL 3

Imagine being the Knicks, who passed on Mikal Bridges to draft Kevin Knox, or the Sixers, who did draft him only to then trade him to the Suns for Zhaire Smith and a future first.

I knew that kid was going to be good, and was rooting for him ever since he was so beside himself with happiness to get drafted by his hometown team, who his mother worked for, and then they unceremoniously sent him to Arizona.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Did Oklahoma City send out professional players last night?

They sure did. They just traded for several long time starters from the Washington Generals...

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, wknt3 said:
9 hours ago, mojoween said:

Did Oklahoma City send out professional players last night?

They sure did. They just traded for several long time starters from the Washington Generals...

At least the Washington Generals would of been competitive last night & wouldn't get their asses kicked by 73 points. 

On 12/1/2021 at 12:45 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

You have probably never been so happy to be wrong. 😂

That part actually happened in Game 5 of the 2016 NBA Finals. 

As for tonight, instead of showing the sorry Clippers - Lakers game (LeBron will be playing tonight), ESPN instead will air Part 2 of the Suns - those Warriors. Somehow, I knew that ESPN just couldn't pass up this game, especially with their favorite team & their hero trying to get revenge over Tuesday Night. 

Edited by Magog