Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Birthday In The Berks

• Start Topic

For whatever reason, they seem to only want to show her irritating Beth in some manner, or being hostile towards her.

Well if we're talking this season only, we've seen her being hostile toward Sonja, irritating Dorinda and possibly Ramona (I'm foggy on Ramona) and she clearly irritates Lu in an upcoming episode. I wonder who in the preview she's screaming at to get their shit together.  Can't be Beth, can it?  Or whomever she's telling to get out of bed while forcefully throwing the curtains back...I agree that Bethenny seems to be getting the brunt of Heather's affection lately but she certainly hasn't been afraid to throw it around in past or future episodes.

But she also said that she has become "harsh" in her interactions with Beth. It is beyond rare that you will ever hear a HW say anything like that. Ever.

I find it draining how often we need to specifically hear "I'm sorry, I'm sorry oh wait I'm sorry but no really I'm so truly sorry" before we can absolve any housewife for some behaving badly. I mean I get it. Annoying behavior is annoying but I think there's a difference when harsh moments happen for a reason and when it's something very ill timed, not necessary and doesn't fit the situation whatsoever. Heather reacted to stupid stuff so I don't think its necessary for her to be all torn up about it when responding to it. I do think there's a lot of "because of this that and the other" coming from Heather which is what's driving me crazy with her. I mean I would just say "Hey, I acted that way because Beth was being a self centered pain in the ass with her behavior and I wasn't as diplomatic with my delivery as I normally would have been". Done!

But I do think it's ridiculous that Heather is expected to be overly apologetic. Tell you what, if Beth didn't need to try and hijack attention and conversations so abruptly by either causing a disturbance like a giggling teenager or by blurting out a food preference (allergy) taking the attention off of the person trying to speak and onto you then maybe just maybe you wouldn't have drawn the attention of Heather the harpy. I mean really? In all honesty, I can't actually understand how after INTERUPPTING the host and blurting out something like that at the table how she WOULDN'T expect attention to be thrown her way? It just so happened that it was Heather's annoying attention that bothered her dumb ass. You don't want to be the focus then don't put yourself in the spotlight. That's what's maddening about Beth. Tell you what had I been at the table and she blurted that shit out Heather wouldn't have had a chance cause I would have piped right up with "Really Beth, you needed to blurt that out right now, interrupting what John was trying to explain to the whole table? That couldn't have waited til he was done speaking and without all off us having to hear it? It's called manners."

• Love 3
(edited)

Well if we're talking this season only, we've seen her being hostile toward Sonja, irritating Dorinda and possibly Ramona (I'm foggy on Ramona) and she clearly irritates Lu in an upcoming episode. I wonder who in the preview she's screaming at to get their shit together.  Can't be Beth, can it?  Or whomever she's telling to get out of bed while forcefully throwing the curtains back...I agree that Bethenny seems to be getting the brunt of Heather's affection lately but she certainly hasn't been afraid to throw it around in past or future episodes.

True and I should have clarified. We have mostly only seen her being what some might call annoying (not to me. whatever she said to Sonja could not have been stern enough.  Don't remember the Sonja or Ramona stuff, but my memory is going a bit). I know for sure there are those that will say that is par for the course because she is annoying to them and I can see that. But why were they able to dig up some non-annoying moments in the past if she has none? This is all we get. But the main issue is that we have seen nothing just with Heather. If you hadn't watched the show you would not know she even has kids or a job, except for a vague reference or two. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm not sure Heather lacks self awareness though; I just think she can't deal with it when she's evidently disliked by someone. While I think she's potentially oblivious to how her controlling, bossy manner comes across I think she gets that Bethenny doesn't like her - and that's why she behaves the way she does because for whatever reason she's desperate to form a friendship and it pisses her off that B isn't interested.

By self awareness, I mean not only understanding that someone doesn't like you, but *why* they don't like you (the "oblivious" bit you mention) because imo, the latter is much more important in life than the first. There will always be people who don't like you, but having self awareness means you can figure out if they don't like you because of their own shit,  or because you've behaved like a total asshole. Heather (at least so far) for all her supposed ownership of her behavior, seems to have no awareness that her hyper-controlling pattern does not come from "caring too much" or being overly "helpful". She just doesn't get it.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

If you hadn't watched the show you would not know she even has kids or a job, except for a vague reference or two. 

Honestly?  I think she either finally pissed off someone high up OR she pissed off Bethenny and Bethenny complained to someone high up.  Sadly, I do think Beth is wielding that much power this season.

It's also possible neither of those scenarios work and she told Bravo that the kids and Jon were off limits.  I would respect that. 

Nothing about these shows is fair in the way the good/bad scenes are meted out.  For example, I don't think what went down with Aviva was as it was portrayed. The way she was treated by almost all of them was cringeworthy, especially by Heather. But, it was just her roasting time because imo, Carole was Andy's little darling.

• Love 2

I never said "blind loyalty" or "rabid". Those are your words, not mine.  What I did say was I think Heather should consider herself lucky to have such loyal fans, and I stand by that.

You wrote that "Heather lovers gonna Heather love," which sounds like blind loyalty to me, but regardless, I don't think it's an entirely fair representation of these threads - this one, other past episode threads, or her own thread.

IIRC in another post you took issue with my comment that we see examples of Heather's objectionable behavior practically every week. We do. In words or actions or demeanor, she is, in my view, frequently hostile and aggressive practically every week, this week's episode being a prime example.   I don't see any reason to list any more examples because we don't seem to be interpreting the same behavior in the same way.

That was another poster, not me. But to see Heather's behavior as aggressive every week is certainly interpreting the same behavior in a different way, to put it mildly. Maybe Heather haters gonna Heather hate?

• Love 4

What has Heather done to demonstrate that she doesn't like Beth?  I didn't get the comment she made about buying Lu a car as something nasty.  It seemed more like a joke.  What does 'not liking' Beth have to do with Heather saying that Kris was hurt she wasn't invited to the birthday party?  If anyone was the bitch in that scene was Beth and even Beth admitted she was harsh in her blog.  What does seeing half a conversation about Beth's custody relate to Heather not liking Beth.  What does offering meatballs albeit it she should have backed off have to do with Heather not liking Beth?  

I agree with Heather when she asked why is everyone afraid or whatever it is about Beth.  Was that at the Red Lion Inn?  After Do's birthday dinner, yeah, Heather doesn't like Beth.  And that was the only scene between them that Heather should have kept arm's length.

The thing about Beth is she has no problem being bitchy and harsh when 'she' wants to.  Her reaction to Heather telling her Kris was hurt.  Her comments about the women at Ro's birthday party.  Her TH regarding Sonja's new business.  Or how bout that guy at the night club when they had single girl's night out.  Beth can be Beth but boy, if you get her in one of her 'moods' watch out.  Or as Lu pointed out, when Beth gets like this (at Do's BD party) back off.   

See this is what I don't get. At least Heather's "negative" behavior has some freaking context! Bethenny comes outta the gate in bitch mode a lot of the time.

• Love 3

Wait, does B not have a food allergy? I thought Heather said she did?

My memory of what B said was (while leaning over to D and her BF) "I don't eat fish, only shellfish but I'll be fine, don't worry about it, when the food comes out I'll figure it out" and then they cut, then a bit later Heather was leaning over to Carole or Lu saying "B's allergic to seafood" now who knows if B said it was because of an allergy and that didn't make the cut or if Heather inferred it, or what. 

• Love 1

Heather and Bethenny are not a lot alike. They are alike in some ways and those attributes have made them successful business women. But in a lot of ways, they are very different. The biggest IMO is that one is a perpetual victim and the other is anything but.

Bethenny was a victim of her parents due to circumstances that were beyond her control but she has yet to overcome that phase in her life. Some 20 plus years after the fact. She is still lamenting over them while vowing to move forward. She is also a victim of her ex husband, his parents, people she's worked with (don't the know the details but I know she's cried foul with someone she worked with in the past) and now she's Heather's victim. Heather just won't leave her alone, she weeps.

A perpetual victim like Bethenny is not the making of an alpha anything. Male or female. A loud mouthed quick tongued, chihuahua like way of speaking a take charge woman does not make. Would she like to be in charge of the room? Yes. Does she have the makings to make it happen? She can break all the glass in the room when she shrills but it won't happen because it takes more than being shrill and spitting out words like a machine gun to be in charge. 

Heather is the opposite of Bethenny in that if something is not right in her life, she won't cry about her non stop, she motherfuck everyone in close vicinity to until it is right, the way she sees it. She won't allow herself to a victim to anyone and I think she's the kind who would be offended if she's ever cast into at role. Bethenny intentionally curves that role for herself.  Heather won't take no for an answer whereas Bethenny would slink off into the next room to cry and whine like the strong alpha dog she is not. Ironically, what makes her so different from Bethenny is why Heather is coming off badly with regards to Bethenny as we are seeing. She's set out to interact with Bethenny and would do so so help her God. Because she's a take charge type like that and nothing, not even Bethenny's frailness due to her gazillion issues would stand in her way.

Run Bethenny, run. Heather is on your case. Or take notes from "stupid" Kristen on how to not allow Heather to bulldoze you. 

PS - This post is mostly tongue in cheek but I am so over hearing how alike Bethenny and Heather are, and the characteristic used to justify is that they are both alpha females or take charge women. One is, the other is a whimpering, crying mess when she is not running to hide from a situation she doesn't want to deal with.

OH. MY. GOD. I. LOVE. YOU!

• Love 2
(edited)

Well I hope to goodness Bethenny goes out and buys Luann a car so happiness can once again reign in HW land. [/sarcasm].

I think it's pretty obvious, at least to me, that Heather was clearly joking to Bethenny about the car . And many have already proven the "fix it" statement was definitely taken out of context.

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around that comment getting so much momentum. I took that shit as a fucking joke. I mean it clearly was. I mean I truly CAN NOT for the life of me understand how anyone would think the person making such a comment would think it would be taken literally. Who takes a comment that outrageous and extreme literally and if you do, like would it actually make sense that Heather expected Beth to cart away Lu to the closest car dealership. I mean how would a literal take on that comment even play out in real life and NOT seem utterly crazy? It's like cartoon logic..

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 3

Well to be fair to LuAnn, the 70s are really 'in' right now.  And that was very much a 70s look.  Mind you, they say if you are old enough to be around the first time, maybe you shouldn't do that look again.  And I'm pretty sure that The Countess is old enough to remember at least the late 70s.

I'm not getting a particularly 70' vibe from that outfit....but I think LuAnn could rock a 70's look, it would go with her Charlie's Angels hair!

I just noticed that the dress LuAnn wore is featured in the promo pics for the season. The dress itself is not so offensive, although I do believe it would been better in a straight floor length cut, the choice to pair it with boots is just terrible. It needs a heel (and lose the fucking gloves...seriously??).

• Love 1

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around that comment getting so much momentum. I took that shit as a fucking joke. I mean it clearly was. I mean I truly CAN NOT for the life of me understand how anyone would think the person making such a comment would think it would be taken literally. Who takes a comment that outrageous and extreme literally and if you do, like would it actually make sense that Heather expected Lu to cart away Lu to the closest car dealership. I mean how would a literally take on that comment even play out if it was actually acted upon. It's like there's reality TV and then there's cartoons people...

I think I am entitled to a car, also.

I was once a girl and was kinda skinny, I like margaritas.

Coincidence?  My lawyer thinks a Benz is in order.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around that comment getting so much momentum. I took that shit as a fucking joke. I mean it clearly was. I mean I truly CAN NOT for the life of me understand how anyone would think the person making such a comment would think it would be taken literally. Who takes a comment that outrageous and extreme literally and if you do, like would it actually make sense that Heather expected Lu to cart away Lu to the closest car dealership. I mean how would a literally take on that comment even play out if it was actually acted upon. It's like there's reality TV and then there's cartoons people...

I believe Heather stated she made a deal with a friend who helped her name Yummie Tummie, that if she ever went public and made a shit ton of money, she'd give the friend a big wad of cash. It was a "joke" but kind of a poke. IMO. I think she was half serious, as lots of "jokes" are IMO.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 8
(edited)

The craziest thing about this comment is that it began when Heather, apparently attempting to find some common ground with Beth, told Beth that her girlfriend had also been instrumental in the naming of Yummie. She said that they joked that if she ever sold the company for millions that she would owe her a car or a Rolex. Beth reacted as if Heather had whipped out a gun and demanded a year's supply of Skinnygirl Margarita or something.  The look on her face just told the story that she thought that Heather was too stupid to have a conversation with, although I don't think she thought it was a huge deal. Just more of an irritant. Heather was clearly having a laugh and I guess stupidly thought that since they were two women of about the same age, sitting on the same couch in the same house, and had both started their own companies and had friends who had a role in the naming of said companies, that they had something in common. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
(edited)

The craziest thing about this comment is that it began when Heather, apparently attempting to find some common ground with Beth, told Beth that her girlfriend had also been instrumental in the naming of Yummie. She said that they joked that if she ever sold the company for millions that she would owe her a car or a Rolex. Beth reacted as if Heather had whipped out a gun and demanded a year's supply of Skinnygirl Margarita or something. The look on her face just told the story that she thought that Heather was too stupid to have a conversation with. I mean how dare she? Was she comparing Yummie with SkinnyGirl? Heather was clearly having a laugh and I guess stupidly thought that since they were two women of about the same age, sitting on the same couch in the same house, and had both started their own companies and had friends who had a role in the naming of said companies, that they had something in common.

But did LuAnn have a role in naming SkinnyGirl? I thought what Bethenny said in the book inscription, and was demonstrated in the flashback, was that LuAnn was there when Bethenny came up with the name. Heather seemed to misinterpret this as LuAnn somehow coming up with the name or helping Bethenny with the name. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

Personally I think Beth just felt a bit protective of her product and even just joking about Lu having a hand in it annoyed our tightly wound Beth so of course we then see Beth's over the top shock, confused, can't imagine reaction to the idea of Heather suggesting she reward Lu with a car. I saw completely overreaction on Beth's part and I also saw a strike against Heather with that as well. Saw it plain as day like I was hanging out at first base in Yankee stadium... I really didn't get that interaction and Beth's characterization of the whole exchange. She completely put a negative spin on it all and I couldn't understand the basis for such a reaction. This is what I'm referring to when I say that Beth is always in "what's wrong with this picture mode" instead of accepting the natural flow of things. It's like she's always ready to pounce whether it's in response to an imagined shun or to get ahead of the conversation where she's in control of what shuns come to the forefront. That's what makes her so unnerving. She just can't freaking relax!

• Love 2
(edited)

The craziest thing about this comment is that it began when Heather, apparently attempting to find some common ground with Beth, told Beth that her girlfriend had also been instrumental in the naming of Yummie. She said that they joked that if she ever sold the company for millions that she would owe her a car or a Rolex. Beth reacted as if Heather had whipped out a gun and demanded a year's supply of Skinnygirl Margarita or something.  The look on her face just told the story that she thought that Heather was too stupid to have a conversation with. I mean how dare she? Was she comparing Yummie with SkinnyGirl? Heather was clearly having a laugh and I guess stupidly thought that since they were two women of about the same age, sitting on the same couch in the same house, and had both started their own companies and had friends who had a role in the naming of said companies, that they had something in common. 

The nerve! Doesn't Heather know that one must be raised by wolves and then orphaned to engage in such "intimate" conversations with her??

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2

Personally I think Beth just felt a bit protective of her product and even just joking about Lu having a hand in it annoyed our tightly wound Beth so of course we then see Beth's over the top shock, confused, can't imagine reaction to the idea of Heather suggesting she reward Lu with a car. I saw completely overreaction on Beth's part and I also saw a strike against Heather with that as well. Saw it plain as day like I was hanging out at first base in Yankee stadium... I really didn't get that interaction and Beth's characterization of the whole exchange. She completely put a negative spin on it all and I couldn't understand the basis for such a reaction. This is what I'm referring to when I say that Beth is always in "what's wrong with this picture mode" instead of accepting the natural flow of things. It's like she's always ready to pounce whether it's in response to an imagined shun or to get ahead of the conversation where she's in control of what shuns come to the forefront. That's what makes her so unnerving. She just can't freaking relax!

I can only imagine the things that Bethenny is expected to provide, pay for or requests made of her since the sale of SkinnyGirl. LuAnn didn't do anything to help Bethenny name SkinnyGirl, which is what was wrong with the picture Heather was trying to paint.

• Love 4

But did LuAnn have a role in naming SkinnyGirl? I thought what Bethenny said in the book inscription, and was demonstrated in the flashback, was that LuAnn was there when Bethenny came up with the name. Heather seemed to misinterpret this as LuAnn somehow coming up with the name or helping Bethenny with the name.

But Heather didn't have the benefit of the flashback and what Heather was joking about fell right in line with the inscription she read in the book and Lu briefing touching base about it. Now I can't remember the scene but misinterpreted or not it was a pretty innocent interaction on Heathers part regardless. I don't see what was so hard with Beth joking about the inscription or whatever it was Heather was misinformed about. It wasn't like Heather stormed up to her finger wagging saying that Lu just informed her that she helped come up with the name and that she truly believes that Lu should get some sort of compensation for it. (Complete with crossed arms and foot stomp).  However confused the details were in that short scene it should have all still rolled by as a funny little joke and kept moving. It was Beth's weirdly taking offense to it all that turned it into a thing.

• Love 2

I can only imagine the things that Bethenny is expected to provide, pay for or requests made of her since the sale of SkinnyGirl. LuAnn didn't do anything to help Bethenny name SkinnyGirl, which is what was wrong with the picture Heather was trying to paint.

Ok, aside from how ridiculous it was for Beth to even take Heather's comment seriously or literally, there was still nothing wrong with brushing by it as the joke it was intended to be. Whether Heather was wrong or not about Lu's involvement, which I do believe Heather received the information incorrectly, her suggestion to by Lu a car was not meant to be serious so Beth's negative reaction was pretty unnecessary.

• Love 3

But Heather didn't have the benefit of the flashback and what Heather was joking about fell right in line with the inscription she read in the book and Lu briefing touching base about it. Now I can't remember the scene but misinterpreted or not it was a pretty innocent interaction on Heathers part regardless. I don't see what was so hard with Beth joking about the inscription or whatever it was Heather was misinformed about. It wasn't like Heather stormed up to her finger wagging saying that Lu just informed her that she helped come up with the name and that she truly believes that Lu should get some sort of compensation for it. (Complete with crossed arms and foot stomp).  However confused the details were in that short scene it should have all still rolled by as a funny little joke and kept moving. It was Beth's weirdly taking offense to it all that turned it into a thing.

And Bethenny didn't have the benefit of seeing the scene where LuAnn shows the ladies the book and they discuss it, all she knows is Heather telling her she owes LuAnn a car for something LuAnn didn't do....and I don't remember Bethenny reacting harshly to Heather, just confused. It's not like Bethenny stomped her foot and wagged her finger at Heather's "joke". I think she kept moving.

Ok, aside from how ridiculous it was for Beth to even take Heather's comment seriously or literally, there was still nothing wrong with brushing by it as the joke it was intended to be. Whether Heather was wrong or not about Lu's involvement, which I do believe Heather received the information incorrectly, her suggestion to by Lu a car was not meant to be serious so Beth's negative reaction was pretty unnecessary.

I think that's pretty much what she did, I don't remember this extreme negative reaction by Bethenny.

• Love 2

My memory of what B said was (while leaning over to D and her BF) "I don't eat fish, only shellfish but I'll be fine, don't worry about it, when the food comes out I'll figure it out" and then they cut, then a bit later Heather was leaning over to Carole or Lu saying "B's allergic to seafood" now who knows if B said it was because of an allergy and that didn't make the cut or if Heather inferred it, or what.

I just watched that scene again and that is just how it went down. Beth is not shown saying she is allergic. That came from Heather. I think someone posted in Beth's thread that she has said she is allergic to finned fish in the past, though. Maybe Heather googled "Bethenny fish allergy" real fast when nobody was looking. She seems to like discussing her google finds about people at the table a lot. Why should Bethenny be different.

What I still can't get over is how totally and completely disinterested Heather's husband was in her little drama when she came back to sit down beside him after her failed attempt to pull Bethenny aside for a one-on-one scene. She is almost in tears and Jonathan is smiling widely raising his sake cup to toast Dorinda, lol! He truly has no fucks to give at all. Someone needs to do a screen grab of that moment. I would but I don't know how.

I bet Heather chewed his ass out for that later when she saw the show, ha. His complete lack of concern is so obvious, like he sees her freak out like that all the time. His reaction is even more entertaining than Heather's actual hissy fit was.

• Love 2

And Bethenny didn't have the benefit of seeing the scene where LuAnn shows the ladies the book and they discuss it, all she knows is Heather telling her she owes LuAnn a car for something LuAnn didn't do....and I don't remember Bethenny reacting harshly to Heather, just confused. It's not like Bethenny stomped her foot and wagged her finger at Heather's "joke". I think she kept moving.

I think that's pretty much what she did, I don't remember this extreme negative reaction by Bethenny.

Heather told Beth about the inscription that she had seen in the book, which thanked Lu for helping her to name her company. When Heather said that her friend had also done the same and they made the car deal, Beth told the actual story and we were treated to the flashback of how it all happened. Bottom line, Lu didn't actually help to name the company, but Beth was kind of joking when she wrote the nice inscription in the book. Beth was joking about Lu actually name the company, just like Heather was joking about the car. 

• Love 3

I don't remember Bethenny having some big reaction to Heather's car comments aside from mild confusion. There was no over reaction from her at all. Even when Heather kept pressing it. Bethany just humored her in a 'whatever you say, crazy lady" kind of way.

• Love 4

I don't remember Bethenny having some big reaction to Heather's car comments aside from mild confusion. There was no over reaction from her at all. Even when Heather kept pressing it. Bethany just humored her in a 'whatever you say, crazy lady" kind of way.

Actually, you are correct. Beth didn't make a huge deal out of it, she just seemed disinterested in the conversation.  The big deal was really made on this, and other forums, such as Vulture. This deal has been added to the list of sins committed by Heather.  Often when someone goes on and on about the reasons that Beth has for not liking Heather, this episode gets included, which makes it seem like it was some type of atrocity. For several pages it was getting thrown around that Heather was aggressive with Beth and "demanded" that she buy Lu a car. All kinds of ridiculous. 

• Love 6

Nooooo! I can't!

Heather's been said to have of trampled over and been rude to Jon because he tried to get her to stop engaging with Mindy Lou Who at LuAnn's last season. Now that it looks as though at Dorinda's he didn't do the same jumping in to talk to Heather while at the table. So this means that when they got home, Heather likely chewed him out for not getting involved?

Does Heather want Jon to involve himself or nah?

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around that comment getting so much momentum. I took that shit as a fucking joke. I mean it clearly was. I mean I truly CAN NOT for the life of me understand how anyone would think the person making such a comment would think it would be taken literally. Who takes a comment that outrageous and extreme literally and if you do, like would it actually make sense that Heather expected Beth to cart away Lu to the closest car dealership. I mean how would a literal take on that comment even play out in real life and NOT seem utterly crazy? It's like cartoon logic..

Perhaps Heather was only joking, just as telling Bethenny and Sonja she was going to separate the two for being loud and disruptive at the dinner table was only a joke? I might have bought into that BS if Ms. Bossypants hadn't grabbed Bethenny by the hand in an attempt to drag her off to another room after being told in no certain terms Bethenny did not want to engage any further.

Heather says whatever she pleases ("motherfucker I can say whatever the fuck I want to say") but then changes her tune when things don't go over as she had planned or hoped. That car comment may have been made in jest, but I'm sure a part of Heather also meant it earnestly.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 6
(edited)

Nooooo! I can't!

Heather's been said to have of trampled over and been rude to Jon because he tried to get her to stop engaging with Mindy Lou Who at LuAnn's last season. Now that it looks as though at Dorinda's he didn't do the same jumping in to talk to Heather while at the table. So this means that when they got home, Heather likely chewed him out for not getting involved?

Well, in your first example, there might have been no need to chastise Jon privately, as it's possible Heather thought she came off all Boss Bitch Keepin' It Real  in that moment; and she might even take pride in that moment (I've never seen her apologize for it). Whereas in your second, completely different example, she's crying and her husband's "Drink and be of good cheer!" reaction is pretty damn close to the merriment last seen at the court of Henry the Eighth when Edward was born :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
(edited)

Actually, you are correct. Beth didn't make a huge deal out of it, she just seemed disinterested in the conversation. The big deal was really made on this, and other forums, such as Vulture. This deal has been added to the list of sins committed by Heather. Often when someone goes on and on about the reasons that Beth has for not liking Heather, this episode gets included, which makes it seem like it was some type of atrocity. For several pages it was getting thrown around that Heather was aggressive with Beth and "demanded" that she buy Lu a car. All kinds of ridiculous.

I think Beth did make a thing about it in her TH. Well in a wtf kind of way. Obviously Heather was joking, I'm sure Beth knew it, but well, she was asked(by producers) so it got blown way out of proportion Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Jon is stuck in the classic Housewives husband dilemma. Does he dive in the middle of it like Ken of Beverly Hills or Peter of Atlanta. Or does he blow it off and let the women settle it like AL of New Jersey.

Either way Heather is going to pissed at someone and why should it be him. Much smarter to just say "You are absolutely right honey...is there any more saki?"

Jon is nobodies fool.

• Love 6

What I still can't get over is how totally and completely disinterested Heather's husband was in her little drama when she came back to sit down beside him after her failed attempt to pull Bethenny aside for a one-on-one scene.

I wonder why this is.  I mean, he could just be that kind of guy who doesn't get involved although at Luann's he jumped right in.  Or he's been down this road so often he knows his place.  Or after she verbally trampled him last season, he's taken the attitude that "Fine.  This time I won't say or do a thing."  Because he didn't.  Do a thing.  Didn't say a word, didn't touch her, didn't comfort her when she cried. 

Maybe he was drunk.  He looked toasted when he toasted Dorinda.

• Love 3

During Dorinda's birthday dinner, when Heather just kept on and on at B, I was yelling at the TV "Just. Drop. It. Heather!". She just keeps pushing when someone is obviously over it. I don't think it matters if B is wanting attention or drawing attention to herself, etc. Heather needs to back off. I've often wondered if this " Miss Fix It" mode comes from being a business owner and directing her staff or more importantly, that she's had to be this way to care for her ill child all of his life. I can absolutely see a mother being in command mode when it comes to overseeing her child's illness/care/doctors, etc. Both of these things, combined, may explain her take charge, let me take care of you, let me make sure you're okay way of dealing with people. That would be totally understandable to me. She just doesn't know when to back up and let adults take care of their own stuff. B will figure it out on her own. Or not. I vote for not because I don't believe that she really wants to have a calm, peaceful and happy life. She enjoys the chaos, attention, therapy, etc. I just hate this for her daughter. That child doesn't stand a chance at a normal life. Bless her sweet heart.

• Love 5

Nooooo! I can't!

I have never watched the scene you are talking about (in which Heather was rude to Jon to for intervening in her fight with someone).  Nor have I ever posted about it.  So I am not sure why you are juxtaposing other poster's reactions to that scene with my reaction to an entirely different scene between Heather and Jon, and suggesting there is some inconsistent reasoning afoot.  

That being said, I was in no way suggesting Jon should have got involved in Heather's kerfuffle with Bethenny (or stayed out of it, for that matter).  I was actually commenting on his lack of a supportive or consoling reaction to Heather when she returned to her seat.  I was joking that Heather might not have appreciated his lack of reaction, which might suggest to some that Jon was quite used to Heather going off the rails and getting upset.  

Maybe he was drunk.  He looked toasted when he toasted Dorinda.

If my wife made scenes at parties all the time the way Heather seems to do, I'd get drunk and ignore her, too!  Enjoy me some Turtle Time and stay away from her drama ... 

• Love 1
(edited)

Rewatching this episode again I am reminded of the Carole that I love!  She was adorable in this episode!  And while I generally like Heather, she was obnoxious this episode.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1

Perhaps Heather was only joking, just as telling Bethenny and Sonja she was going to separate the two for being loud and disruptive at the dinner table was only a joke? I might have bought into that BS if Ms. Bossypants hadn't grabbed Bethenny by the hand in an attempt to drag her off to another room after being told in no certain terms Bethenny did not want to engage any further.

Heather says whatever she pleases ("motherfucker I can say whatever the fuck I want to say") but then changes her tune when things don't go over as she had planned or hoped. That car comment may have been made in jest, but I'm sure a part of Heather also meant it earnestly.

Heather tried to 'grab' Beth's hand and 'drag' her to another room?

Heather tried to 'grab' Beth's hand and 'drag' her to another room?

She didn't try to grab, she grabbed. Maybe we're watching different shows.

• Love 4

I said in an attempt to drag, did I not?

I know.  I stated 'attempted' drag.  Here's the thing.  How do you know Beth was going to 'drag' Beth?  I think it's an overstatement, especially since it didn't happen.  Heather never grabbed Beth's hand.  She actually never touched Beth's hand.  When Heather was reaching to Beth, her hand was up near Beth's wrist and Beth smoothly lifted her arm.  It was seamless.  No jerk movement on the part of Beth at all.  Really.  Take another look.  There was no grab.

• Love 1

I know.  I stated 'attempted' drag.  Here's the thing.  How do you know Beth was going to 'drag' Beth?  I think it's an overstatement, especially since it didn't happen.  Heather never grabbed Beth's hand.  She actually never touched Beth's hand.  When Heather was reaching to Beth, her hand was up near Beth's wrist and Beth smoothly lifted her arm.  It was seamless.  No jerk movement on the part of Beth at all.  Really.  Take another look.  There was no grab.

Sorry, then I misread that.

I'm with SFoster21. Given Heather's general disposition and how she was mothering Bethenny all night long, I have no doubt in my mind there was no dragging only because B shut that shit down quick. 

• Love 4

Sorry, then I misread that.

I'm with SFoster21. Given Heather's general disposition and how she was mothering Bethenny all night long, I have no doubt in my mind there was no dragging only because B shut that shit down quick. 

Cool.  We agree that there was no dragging. 

• Love 2

There was no actual dragging, but not because Heather didn't try. She failed because Beth pulled her hand away. But there was totally a grab. And an attemped drag.

It would have been like a ten yard penalty in football. Not at all innocent, but it's not like she clotheslined somebody and they had to be carried off the field on a stretcher, either.

• Love 5