Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

608 promo:

1. "I choose violence."
  2. Brienne arrives at Riverrun, and Jaime gets the character-arc-killing line "I love Cersei, and if I have to slaughter every Tully who ever lived to get back to her, that's what I'll do."  Assorted other happenings there, including, seemingly, Brienne and Podrick in a boat.
  3. The Hound vs. somebody.
  4. Tyrion in Meereen.
  5. Arya vs. the Waif.

Updated list of material not accounted for in aired episodes (6x01-6x07), in the promo for 6x08, clearly from 6x08 based on the promo, or the BOTB (6x09):

Trailer 1 ("Red Band" trailer): Davos next to what looks like what's left of Shireen's pyre. Tyrion VO: "You're in the great game now, and the great game is terrifying." Littlefinger in the godswood (6x10). Explosion just outside Dany's chambers. Little birds stabbing someone. Dothraki charging Meereen (6x10).

Trailer 2: Ramsay VO: "Do you like games, little man?". Sansa in a black dress looking pissed (6x09?). Sansa VO: "It's all I think about (...) what was taken from me." Closeup of Sansa in a dimly-lit room. Walder Frey making a toast at a Frey/Lannister soldier gathering (6x10?). Littlefinger looking nervous, looks like godswood scene (6x10). Sansa turning to look at someone (probably Jon). Sons of the Harpy looking up from corpses.

It seems possible that the shot of Tyrion looking at the suspended torch beginning to shake is related to the explosion outside Dany's chambers. Little birds scene could be from 6x08, based on that shot of Cersei standing with Qyburn behind her looking smug (assuming that Qyburn is the one who sics the little birds on Pycelle).

There is a shot from the 6x08 trailer of Pod and Brienne in a boat at nightfall with Brienne fearfully looking back at...something. I'm guessing that there's a night attack on Riverrun and Brienne and barely escape. Seems unlike Brienne to run rather than stay and fight, though.

It's been suggested elsewhere that Jaime's trailer line is really to Edmure and it's the show's version of the trebuchet speech, which hopefully is the case, though it says something about Jaime's arc where it's entirely plausible that he'd really say that.

• Love 1

I hate what they've done to Jamie and per this preview - I just give up. The only thing I can now believe is coming from this is that Jamie IS going to kill Cersei and the show is keeping him true to her for f-ing shock value.

• Love 4

So, with Sansa writing the letter to Littlefinger, but not telling Jon about it... what does that do to the credibility of the spoilers saying that Sansa rides up to the Battle of the Bastards with Littlefinger's forces?

Since the episode basically put to bed the notion that Sansa was considering stabbing Jon in the back with Littlefinger's army by delaying their arrival, I'm wondering if Sansa won't be with the Vale army at all (and thus that she was even considering using the army to benefit herself).

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Chris24601 said:

So, with Sansa writing the letter to Littlefinger, but not telling Jon about it... what does that do to the credibility of the spoilers saying that Sansa rides up to the Battle of the Bastards with Littlefinger's forces?

Since the episode basically put to bed the notion that Sansa was considering stabbing Jon in the back with Littlefinger's army by delaying their arrival, I'm wondering if Sansa won't be with the Vale army at all (and thus that she was even considering using the army to benefit herself).

Spoiler

Every indication is that the DMT/TBH spoilers are legit, and they both state that Sansa and LF arrive with the Knights of the Vale together to bail Jon's ass out. One of the legit sources also states that after the battle Jon asks Sansa "What took you so long?", implying that Jon knew that she was getting the assistance of Vale forces and that they split up at some point before the battle.

As for LF and Sansa withholding the Vale forces until Jon's forces are depleted...well, we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

No Jon or Sansa or Davos in the previews for 6x08, but surely they must in it, right? We still haven't gotten Sansa's line from the trailer ("it's all I think about...") and Davos at the site of Shireen's burning. Also we still haven't seen 

the "Lord Fletcher" who switches sides and the young lord who sounds like the new Lord Cerwyn. I hope they haven't been cut.

I assumed all this stuff would happen before the big battle in 6x09 but now I'm not so sure. And how is it that we still don't have an episode description for next Sunday?

The description for the remaining episodes are out there and Sansa's definitely in the next episode with jon and probs Davos.

Tyrion finds cause for concern. Cersei prepares for the worst. Sansa takes control. Arya is not alone

6-9 and 6-10

Spoiler

9-Ramsay surprises his audience. Jon retaliates. Dany is true to her word. 10-A queen comes forth. Euron reveals himself. Brienne meets a friend turned foe. King’s Landing awaits justice. The Night’s Watch gathers

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

The description for the remaining episodes are out there and Sansa's definitely in the next episode with jon and probs Davos.

Tyrion finds cause for concern. Cersei prepares for the worst. Sansa takes control. Arya is not alone

Those ep descriptions just appeared on the Internet and no one could provide a source for them. That's a good indication that they're probably BS (along with what appears to be a veiled Stoneheart reference for the 6x10 "ep description," which is usually a good BS tell, since foilers have been throwing in Stoneheart references since Season 4). This is different from the 6x08-6x10 ep titles, which at least have a known source.

Edited by Eyes High
10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Episode #10 - "A queen comes forth."

Sansa takes over as Queen of the North?

Or Daenerys sets sail to Westeros. Or Margaery makes a move against the High Septon. Or Cersei lights up the caches of wildfire under King's Landing.

Or all 4!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

Actually, I would say this episode confirms that Sansa and Jon split up, for a different reason.  We still haven't seen "Boyce" and "Fletcher", the two Northern lords they cast for a day's filming, who were commonly assessed as being akin to Lord Cerwyn and Lord Manderly.  Now Cerwyn was actually mentioned in 607, with Sansa begging Jon to go meet with him, and Jon saying there's no time.  So I'm guessing Sansa heads off on her own, and (one assumes) meets with Manderly too, since Jon and Davos appear to have called a halt to trying to recruit allies.

Spoiler

That would clear the way for Sansa to head on to Moat Cailin (or just down the Kingsroad) afterward, or else to rendezvous with the Valemen coming up it, since characters in this show tend to have GPS.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WearyTraveler said:

Or Daenerys sets sail to Westeros. Or Margaery makes a move against the High Septon. Or Cersei lights up the caches of wildfire under King's Landing.

Or all 4!

You're right. So many Queens. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:
  Hide contents

Every indication is that the DMT/TBH spoilers are legit, and they both state that Sansa and LF arrive with the Knights of the Vale together to bail Jon's ass out. One of the legit sources also states that after the battle Jon asks Sansa "What took you so long?", implying that Jon knew that she was getting the assistance of Vale forces and that they split up at some point before the battle.

As for LF and Sansa withholding the Vale forces until Jon's forces are depleted...well, we'll have to wait and see.

In which case, why are people still trying to spin that Sansa is someone out seize power and betray Jon?

If Jon is expecting her arrival with the Vale forces then she has to tell him about them before the battle so she's not kept any sort of secret that would get people killed. Odds are the only reason she didn't tell him this episode is that she's waiting for a reply so she doesn't get anyone's hope's up.

We also know from this last episode that her motivations in not mentioning Littlefinger were not about wanting power, but that she wanted to do this without Littlefinger's help if they could and is only contacting him now because without the Vale men, everyone she cares about dies.

If she's deliberating withholding the Vale forces so more of Jon's men die then why is she supposed to backing Jon as King in the North after the battle is won instead making a power play based on her having the backing of the biggest military force in the area?

If there IS anything to the forces being withheld then I think it will be entirely Littlefinger's doing, expecting Sansa to want the power that comes with it, but Sansa will instead expose his actions, throw her support to Jon as King and have Littlefinger executed for treason.

There's no betrayal. There's not going to be a betrayal. There's not even a hint of it coming from Sansa. But I keep seeing people fervently push for it as if Sansa has to become evil (and then die... preferably by Jon or Arya's hand... a notion I find demented). Is it because Sansa's in the way of the story they do want or something?

On a related note... who wants to bet that even though Arya will survive her stabbing, it'll turn out the wounds to her lower abdomen tore up her reproductive organs? Robb is dead, Bran is likely impotent due to his injuries, Rickon is going to die and Arya rendered infertile by a knifing. Its almost like the story wants to put the entire future of Ned's line on Sansa.

Edited by Chris24601
  • Love 5

So from the episode 10 descriptions: "Euron reveals himself." I wonder if it'll turn out that his big, dumb pirate look is an illusion and he's actually a one-eyed, blue-lipped warlock.

• Love 2
(edited)

My HBO have the title for episode 9 "The Battle of Bastards". 

I can't put the picture on because is too heavy...can someone explain to me how to do it? Please 

Edited by Edith
(edited)

If you really want to know...

The spoilers indicate that the High Sparrow dies in a wildfire explosion at the Sept of Baelor. Cersei is responsible.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

I'm really not sure where I see all the stories going this season since it just doesn't seem like they have much time left.

-I suspect Jon and Sansa's stories will end with victory at Winterfell.

-The Night's Watch will likely be facing the Others in some capacity (cliffhanger?).

-Something bad is going down in King's Landing. I seems like it will be more significant than Varys' killings of Kevan and Pycelle. If Cersei does burn the city down (let's hope!) than that definitely moves all battles for power away from King's Landing. I would hope it also means Cersei's death but I have serious doubts the show will give up Lena before they absolutely have to. Perhaps they will just leave it in a cliffhanger and Jamie will find her next season amidst the death and destruction and kill her then?

-Given the setup, I can't see how Jamie could defeat the Blackfish (at least not in the next couple of episodes). But Brie is there and she was sent there specifically to help Sansa. I imagine the "friend turned foe" for her is actually a reference to how she and Jamie leave things. I suspect with just three episodes to go they may leave Jamie int he Riverlands at the end of this season. Or maybe he will get word about what is happening in KL and turn the Lannister forces around thus letting the Riverlands, Vale, and the North mop up the Freys in his absence.

-Rather than have the Hound meet the Mountain (though this could still happen if Mountain carries Cersei out of King's Landing so to speak) - I would think the first person he'd be likely to meet again would be Ayra or Brie. If he's decided he understands both of them rather than hates them - maybe he will head North and see Sansa again as well. It might be interesting to see his story go North to fight with the wolves. We have no spoilers for Sansa and Ayra this season right? Hopefully we could at least get that next season.

-The QoT may be leaving and it looks like Marg might be setting up a way to get at least Loras (and perhaps herself) out of KL. That would position them to play a role along with House Tarley in the Reach if that's where Dany comes in next season. Or perhaps Euron attacks there and wants to use their resources to build his ships to go get Dany?

-Then of course there is Dany and Meeren. I guess Dany will end the season in control of Meereen but hopefully Yara and Theon make it there and set that ball of yarn rolling. My guess is that Grey Worm (and perhaps even some of the unsullied) and her interpreter stay behind to run Meereen and she sets sail with Tyrion and her Dorthraki horde on Yara's ships.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

Thanks EyesHigh.

I hope Cersei is not killed in this season, because I still want her to see Tyrion again and meet Dany before she dies.

I really don't care about the hound.

I am guessing ep 09 is the fall of Ramsey and ep 10 is the fall of the wall?

• Love 1
(edited)

The previews seem to indicate that Jamie wins next week. Otherwise, why would Jamie be threatening Edmure? Also why would Brienne be leaving alone with Pod looking sad?

Edited by Oscirus
7 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

The previews seem to indicate that Jamie wins next week. Otherwise, why would Jamie being threatening Edmure? Also why would Brienne be leaving alone with Rod looking sad?

But Brie was saying that if she couldn't convince the Blackfish to surrender that she would fight Jamie. Since Blackfish is willing to let Edmure die, I don't see how Jamie could win. I guess the only thing could be is if Brie convinces him that he needs to sneak his men out of the castle and go help Sansa take Winterfell. I mean seriously, outside of that - how could Jamie win? He doesn't have any red priestess to give birth to shadow babies right?

10 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

But Brie was saying that if she couldn't convince the Blackfish to surrender that she would fight Jamie. Since Blackfish is willing to let Edmure die, I don't see how Jamie could win. I guess the only thing could be is if Brie convinces him that he needs to sneak his men out of the castle and go help Sansa take Winterfell. I mean seriously, outside of that - how could Jamie win? He doesn't have any red priestess to give birth to shadow babies right?

The same way he won in the books, by getting Edmure to order the castle to surrender.

Walder Frey looked sufficiently cheerful when toasting the Lannister soldiers in the preseason trailer that we can safely assume that one way or another Riverrun is retaken for the Freys.

D&D love Lena's Cersei. They're not killing her off until they're good and ready. 

There were a lot of arrows fired at the "Church of Latter Day McShanes". Which implies that the "Brotherhood" did not need a noisy mounted charge until mopping up.

18 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Walder Frey looked sufficiently cheerful when toasting the Lannister soldiers in the preseason trailer that we can safely assume that one way or another Riverrun is retaken for the Freys.

D&D love Lena's Cersei. They're not killing her off until they're good and ready. 

Is that scene in the Twins? 

58 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The same way he won in the books, by getting Edmure to order the castle to surrender.

I suppose it will just seem more contrived than how it was done in the books, but I guess we will go with it. On the show, it didn't look like any of those soldiers would follow Edmure's orders.

Javi from L7R mention in his twitter that a priori Lord Manderly should appear in the next episode

I wonder even if is not in the next episode who is going to hear the speech? 

Meereen this season has really felt lacking a through-line.  The Sons of the Harpy already felt like a receded threat even before Tyrion made his peace deal, and there have been some other random bits (e.g., Tyrion and the dragons), but I don't get any real sense of narrative momentum.  It feels, as much as anything, like they're just waiting for Dany's horde to come back.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Love the stylish blue cape, Tyrion. Meereen looks to be prospering and peaceful, ATM.

Nice cape, Tyrion. I think that's the first time the character has ever worn anything blue (apart from that shirt he wore when laid up in bed after Blackwater and when imprisoned in Season 4): blacks and reds (Seasons 1-4), greens, browns and golds (Seasons 5-6), but nothing blue.

We know a fair bit about the last few episodes' goings-on in Meereen:

1. There is a scene with "Shae" (played by Sibel Kekilli, dressed like a Meereen peasant), Tyrion and possibly Varys.

2. Tyrion and Varys have a farewell scene in the Meereenese port. (The rumours are that Varys and Olenna both head to Dorne. Judging from the letter Olenna was writing in 6x07, I'd say it's likely that that's where they end up.)

3. There is an explosion outside Dany's chambers.

4. Tyrion inside the pyramid looks up and sees the suspended torch shaking.

5. A red priestess (played by Melanie Liburd) appears.

6. 7 characters, 40 extras (Unsullied, slaves), sand and multiple green screens needed for Mesa Roldán, Almería shooting. Tyrion, Dany, Missandei, Grey Worm, Razdal and two other masters spotted on set. A dragon also confirmed to be part of the scene. Sapochnik-directed scene (6x09).

7. Crucial scene shot in Sorbas, standing in for the gates of Meereen (directed by Sapochnik).

8. The Sons of the Harpy are killing people (masters?) when something or someone surprises them.

9. The Dothraki charge Meereen (6x10).

10. Tyrion tells someone "Are you afraid? You should be. You're in the great game now. And the great game is terrifying."

It also seems likely that Yara and Theon will meet up with Team Dany before the end of the season. The Westerosi captain mentioned to his friend that he'd heard that the Iron Fleet had already made it to Slavers' Bay (!), even though they were in Volantis in this episode.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I really don't care about the hound.

I am guessing ep 09 is the fall of Ramsey and ep 10 is the fall of the wall?

It's so odd, by the time I finished reading the books, one of the very few people I did care about was The Hound.  Actually, that's probably one of the only stories I'm actually interested in reading if the books are every actually finished.  I'm pretty bummed that priest was killed so fast, because, again, he was the only one who actually seemed "good" and was looking out for the small folk, pretty much the only religious one in the whole series that is worth a damn, and cared about more than power.   I hope we get at least one chapter about him saving The Hound, and their subsequent conversations. 

I do wish the show had more scenes about the plight of the "small folk" because, again, although horrible to read, I felt it was very realistic about war.  All of these power mad aristocrats can go fuck themselves.  They have devastated a populace that had very little chance of surviving a long winter even before their homes, crops, and belongings were burned or stolen.  That is a regular decade long winter, and doesn't even take the Zombies into account.  They all suck.

Hopefully that new chapter of the Pirate (and I don't give one damn which ones) that continues with the obscene torture fetish of GRRM means that Ramsay dies soon in the books as well.  He's got another sadist to replace him after all.

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

We'll see what they do with Riverrun.  I almost hope that mid-negotiation/battle the Zombies just show up.

Agree about Lena, she'll be around as long as they can possibly drag her story out.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, nksarmi said:

I suppose it will just seem more contrived than how it was done in the books, but I guess we will go with it. On the show, it didn't look like any of those soldiers would follow Edmure's orders.

That all depends on the Blackfish.

If the Blackfish is willing to usurp his nephew's seat and power, and name himself Lord of Riverrun then sure, the men might side with him. But he's far too honorable for that (Family, Duty, Honor.)

If Edmure, his liege lord, orders the castle's surrender as a free man (which he would be if Jaime released him into the castle), even the Blackfish would begrudgingly accept his decision.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Umbelina said:

We'll see what they do with Riverrun.  I almost hope that mid-negotiation/battle the Zombies just show up.

I want this to happen whenever there's stupid bullshit onscreen. Cersei doing her power-hungry crazy-ass plotting? Zombies show up, kill everyone. Jaime acting like a fool? Zombies show up, kill him. Ramsey torturing people? Zombies show up, kill him. Septon being creepy as usual? Zombies show up, kill the Faith Militant. Euron being Euron? Zombies show up, kill the Ironborn.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

I want this to happen whenever there's stupid bullshit onscreen. Cersei doing her power-hungry crazy-ass plotting? Zombies show up, kill everyone. Jaime acting like a fool? Zombies show up, kill him. Ramsey torturing people? Zombies show up, kill him. Septon being creepy as usual? Zombies show up, kill the Faith Militant. Euron being Euron? Zombies show up, kill the Ironborn.

Euron would pull some Euron bullshit, and then win the White Walker Kingsmoot to depose the Night's King!

(edited)

Eagle-eyed Redditors have deciphered some of Sansa's letter. I'm putting it in the spoilers thread because the letter was shot in such a way that we weren't supposed to see what was in it:

"“[...] Now you have a [chance?] to fulfill your [promise?] [...] Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride [north?] for Winterfell. Lend us your aid and I shall see to it that you are [well/properly?] rewarded."

A Reddit user proposed this addition:

"[You swore] to protect me. You failed. Now you have a chance to fulfill your promise [...] Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride [north?] for Winterfell. Lend us your aid and I shall see to it that you are [well/properly?] rewarded."

I wonder how Sansa proposes to "reward" Littlefinger. Hmm.

Edited by Eyes High
30 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Eagle-eyed Redditors have deciphered some of Sansa's letter. I'm putting it in the spoilers thread because the letter was shot in such a way that we weren't supposed to see what was in it:

"“[...] Now you have a [chance?] to fulfill your [promise?] [...] Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride [north?] for Winterfell. Lend us your aid and I shall see to it that you are [well/properly?] rewarded."

A Reddit user proposed this addition:

"[You swore] to protect me. You failed. Now you have a chance to fulfill your promise [...] Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride [north?] for Winterfell. Lend us your aid and I shall see to it that you are [well/properly?] rewarded."

I wonder how Sansa proposes to "reward" Littlefinger. Hmm.

Impressive detective work by reddit. I think that "north" should be "hard" though as in "ride hard for Winterfell." Doesn't change the content really, but makes more sense to me. I mean he knows Winterfell is North, Sansa doesn't have to tell him. But she might have to tell him to hurry and not take his time. 

The reward part is intriguing, and possibly gross.

12 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Nice cape, Tyrion. I think that's the first time the character has ever worn anything blue (apart from that shirt he wore when laid up in bed after Blackwater and when imprisoned in Season 4): blacks and reds (Seasons 1-4), greens, browns and golds (Seasons 5-6), but nothing blue.

We know a fair bit about the last few episodes' goings-on in Meereen:

1. There is a scene with "Shae" (played by Sibel Kekilli, dressed like a Meereen peasant), Tyrion and possibly Varys.

2. Tyrion and Varys have a farewell scene in the Meereenese port. (The rumours are that Varys and Olenna both head to Dorne. Judging from the letter Olenna was writing in 6x07, I'd say it's likely that that's where they end up.)

3. There is an explosion outside Dany's chambers.

4. Tyrion inside the pyramid looks up and sees the suspended torch shaking.

5. A red priestess (played by Melanie Liburd) appears.

6. 7 characters, 40 extras (Unsullied, slaves), sand and multiple green screens needed for Mesa Roldán, Almería shooting. Tyrion, Dany, Missandei, Grey Worm, Razdal and two other masters spotted on set. A dragon also confirmed to be part of the scene. Sapochnik-directed scene (6x09).

7. Crucial scene shot in Sorbas, standing in for the gates of Meereen (directed by Sapochnik).

8. The Sons of the Harpy are killing people (masters?) when something or someone surprises them.

9. The Dothraki charge Meereen (6x10).

10. Tyrion tells someone "Are you afraid? You should be. You're in the great game now. And the great game is terrifying."

It also seems likely that Yara and Theon will meet up with Team Dany before the end of the season. The Westerosi captain mentioned to his friend that he'd heard that the Iron Fleet had already made it to Slavers' Bay (!), even though they were in Volantis in this episode.

I'm pretty sure that Euron arrives in Mereen during 6-10. But the most important development is that we get our second season one reunion in Tyrion and Theon, I expect as many tears for this reunion as there was for Jon Sansa.

2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

I'm pretty sure that Euron arrives in Mereen during 6-10.

I think you're right about Euron reaching Meereen by the end of the season and I think its going to be the key to figuring out Dany's role in the endgame.

If she sides with Yara/Theon despite them having fewer ships to offer, she'll still be a conqueror, but a benign one (i.e. the lives of the common folk and nobles who bend the knee won't change in any significant way) and we can probably put her in the white hat category (or as white as hats get in GoT).

If she sides with Euron because he somehow got her all the ships she needs, but lets Yara/Theon get away from Euron then she's going to a pragmatic conqueror, which means things will be rough for the noble houses even if they bend the knee but she can be reasoned with about the real threat of the White Walkers when the time comes (i.e. a Tywin or a Roose).

If she also turns Yara/Theon over to Euron as part of making the alliance (making Theon the shocking death of a main character... perhaps dying to give Yara a chance to escape) then she will be a ruthless conqueror and as big a threat to everyone in Westeros as the White Walkers are ('Dany is the champion of the Red God. Her dragons will burn unbelievers by the thousands').

• Love 3