Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Did anyone watch the Disappeared episode about Lynn Messer that was on a couple of days ago? I almost turned it off when the son said his dad ran a company that made sure legislation in Missouri met Christian standards. The son said, "some people don't like that because of political correctness." and I was yelling at the TV, "No, some people don't like it because of the Constitution, you idiot!" Anyway, I kept watching and it was worth it, one of the most interesting shows I've seen in a while. I think it was the husband. Those holier-than-thou types always manage to justify their crimes. 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, KellsBells said:

Did anyone watch the Disappeared episode about Lynn Messer that was on a couple of days ago?

It has its own forum. We've been discussing it there, if you would like to join us. This one is for shows that don't have a forum, kind of like the home renovation and buying shows. 

Here you go: http://forums.previously.tv/forum/497-disappeared/#

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 2

The editing choices of these shows always bother me. They either cut important things out or add in suspects that were cleared almost immediately, but don't make it sound like that so that we are wondering whodunnit. (Spoiler Alert: It's always the husband.)

With Langley though, I can see them deciding not to disclose the kids' abuse. Even though they would be adults now, they could have asked that it not be disclosed because everyone doesn't know, or the show may have just decided to not put that out there for their benefit; they have been abused enough without this show tacking on.

I don't think I read anything about this, but I knew that he had held her hostage there and was pointing the gun at them, so it must have been said in the show. It's possible that I'm thinking of a different case altogether and only think I remember it for this one because you just typed it. All these shows run together to me, and they all carry the same stories.

I also don't know why they would lie about the prison, but if I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, which I'm not sure I am, I would hope that they didn't want to make it easy for the crazy fans of murderers to contact him and start a relationship. They could figure it out by googling, but maybe they won't bother. Fingers crossed. 

• Love 3

I just watched Evil Lives Here about arsonist and murderer Paul Keller.  OMG, I feel so sorry for his parents, but good for them for turning him in.  What a cold SOB he was.  The family lost everything because of his actions, their business, house and savings....which is just another cut in their wounds.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ButterQueen said:

I just watched Evil Lives Here about arsonist and murderer Paul Keller.  OMG, I feel so sorry for his parents, but good for them for turning him in.  What a cold SOB he was.  The family lost everything because of his actions, their business, house and savings....which is just another cut in their wounds.  

I just watched that episode as well. It was awful that the community went against the family! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I know! His father crying made me cry as well. Those poor people went thru so much trying to help him even as a child and then lost everything due to his actions. It was gutwrenching to watch...

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, badhaggis said:

I know! His father crying made me cry as well. Those poor people went thru so much trying to help him even as a child and then lost everything due to his actions. It was gutwrenching to watch...

24 years later, and sobbing like he did.....their world was crushed.  I hate people turned against them.  I hope doing this show added healing to their lives.  

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

24 years later, and sobbing like he did.....their world was crushed.  I hate people turned against them.  I hope doing this show added healing to their lives.  

Absolutely! His world was crushed it was heartbreaking.

• Love 3

Did anyone watch Who Killed Jane Doe, about the girl found in Blue Lake Minnesota?
She'd been raped and strangled, and her fingernails had been pulled out first.
It took 27 years to ID her, and her father, and I think sister too, were sorry they found out.
I think they could have handled the murder, but the torture was just too much.
I wonder if the police had to give them the details or what, but I just wish they could have been spared that detail.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

Did anyone watch Who Killed Jane Doe, about the girl found in Blue Lake Minnesota?
She'd been raped and strangled, and her fingernails had been pulled out first.
It took 27 years to ID her, and her father, and I think sister too, were sorry they found out.
I think they could have handled the murder, but the torture was just too much.
I wonder if the police had to give them the details or what, but I just wish they could have been spared that detail.

I heard the sister say she'd rather still have hope and I thought it was strange.  Yeah no one wants their loved one to be murdered but is not knowing really better?

• Love 1

It's the first time I remember hearing people say that, and I thought maybe it was the torture.
And didn't one of them say they'd gotten able to live with her being missing, but this reopened old would.

• Love 1

I spent a lot of time during last night's Obsession Dark Desires saying, that is a really nice kitchen! And then marveling at how these guys seem to survive what really should have been fatal gunshot wounds. 

• Love 2

I watched a new version of the teen girl in Florida, killed in a shack and dumped in a swamp nearby, and wondered again how the original cops overlooked reading her journal, which told how she was meeting this guy on the sly, at said shack.
It took 18 years to solve it, and her poor half-brother had been the main suspect all those years, when it was a kid up the street.
I think this must have been a Swamp Murders, but I know it's been on other shows.

• Love 2

Just watch My Dirty Little Secret, Murder in Mormon Country, and this show makes Nightmare Next Door look classy.
The murder (Mark Hacking killed wife) was one I hadn't heard of, and unusual circumstances, but a junior high drama class would have staged it better.

• Love 2

Did anyone watch the Web ofLies about the children being re-adopted and there are almost no laws to regulate it.  Very sad disturbing and something really has to be done.  It   is     heartbreaking.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, auntjess said:

Just watch My Dirty Little Secret, Murder in Mormon Country, and this show makes Nightmare Next Door look classy.
The murder (Mark Hacking killed wife) was one I hadn't heard of, and unusual circumstances, but a junior high drama class would have staged it better.

I don't watch My Dirty Little Secret because it's so bad, but I've seen other shows that covered the Lori Hacking murder, and did it well. Don't know which ones, offhand, but I've seen it more than once, I'm sure. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KellsBells said:

but I've seen other shows that covered the Lori Hacking murder

I'll keep an eye out.
But wow, MDLS was "did he have secret fling, did she have secret fling, was it this, or that"
You can keep suspense in without make people look like sluts or whatever the male equivalent of slut is.
That show really is worse than Nightmare Next Door.

• Love 4
On 4/5/2017 at 9:18 AM, applecrisp said:

Did anyone watch the Web ofLies about the children being re-adopted and there are almost no laws to regulate it.  Very sad disturbing and something really has to be done.  It   is     heartbreaking.  

The "re-homing" thing is disgusting. How is it not child abandonment? If you drop your biological kid off with random strangers, you're likely to be charged with a crime. How does this go on? It's not like they are secretive. They're doing it on the fucking Internet! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

I've read about that, and the abuses, and I couldn't watch a show on it.

Yeah, I can't stop thinking about it. The original adoptive Dad took the little 6 year old Poppy to a junky house and just dropped her off  didn't ask for ID or check out the premises.  I would never do that to a kitten or pet. Then she was not put in school.   It is just so bad and dangerous and awful. No words.

I can see way you could not watch, I was sitting with my hand on the FF button.  They didn't show anything too bad. I felt so bad for the Russian kid..  I am at a loss. I am at a real loss. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 4/3/2017 at 0:03 PM, partofme said:

I heard the sister say she'd rather still have hope and I thought it was strange.  Yeah no one wants their loved one to be murdered but is not knowing really better?

Both the sister and the dad said they'd rather have the hope than the "closure". Dad said it was like tearing a scab off a wound that was almost healed. I kind of understand that. We have had people in our family who disappeared. We learned about their deaths years later. In the interim, it was just assumed that they were off living their lives. I understand preferring to think someone is alive over knowing there's no possibility that they just found something else that made them happy. One is definitely better for the person you love, even if it leaves you with uncertainty. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 3

Tried to watch the new series, Scene of the Crime with Tony Harris on ID tonight, and it was the case of Jodi Parrack. Every series on ID has covered that case, along with all true crime shows, blogs, and internet sites, so I only made it about fifteen minutes. Brand new show, reused case, no new information. I'm not entirely sure why the families would want to keep meeting with these shows since the real killer has been caught. It seems like reliving and rehashing the details would interfere with the healing, especially of the little girl who got away.

• Love 3

Ok, I am watching the 3 part series about Casey Anthony. It brings back such sadness but so far it is depicting her as the lying piece of shit she was and is. I had to watch "little big shots" to get the stank of CA out of my mind. Oh yes, America can hate her all over again!

• Love 9

First of all, I resent even the title of the program, “Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery.”  That ain’t no “mystery!”  Had it on in the background while I was watching a giraffe pace slowly around her stall waiting to give birth.  Anyhow, had to glance at the TV when I heard Cindy Anthony’s voice.  Holy moly she’s put on some poundage & that skin-tight dress she had on didn't do her any favors…and that hairstyle/dye job?  No.  And what the hell happened to Jane Valez-Mitchell?  Why IS she so pale?  Was she using bronzer during the trial?  She really looks kinda sickly.  That’s all I’ve got to say about that.  Call me shallow – I don’t care. 

• Love 11

The Murderess Casey Anthony story got my anger all roiled up again.  I am most angry at Judge Perry, who let that circus freak Baez spew his malignant and baseless crap at George without rebuke!  He let Baez testify like it was the truth!  I will never forget the day I heard about a 2 yr old girl whose mother didn't report her missing for 31 days.  That was all it took for me to dive in headfirst.  We were both captivated and stayed with it the entire time.  Hubby and I both screamed at the verdict, too.  How anyone can look at the facts in this case and believe anyone other than Casey did it is beyond the pale.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

I resent even the title of the program, “Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery.

Exactly !    Mystery?  Right........

It did bring back a lot of anger for me too.  Cindy lied just as much as Casey and I always felt she should of been charged and convicted of perjury.      

A family of cockroaches with a cockroach lawyer with got lucky with a bunch of idiots on the jury.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Exactly !    Mystery?  Right........

It did bring back a lot of anger for me too.  Cindy lied just as much as Casey and I always felt she should of been charged and convicted of perjury.      

A family of cockroaches with a cockroach lawyer with got lucky with a bunch of idiots on the jury.

I agree, Cindy absolutely should have been charged.  And since I hate Cindy as much as I hate her murdering daughter, I can say, damn that bitch got fat!  I didn't recognize her until she said her name. 

Casey did an interview recently where she said she "likes who I am and sleep pretty well at night".   She also said she didn't care what people thought of her.  If she doesn't care, why is she still in hiding?  

I just started the first part of this, not sure I can stomach the entire thing. 

• Love 12

The only thing I will cut Cindy a break on is I can spot a really bad case of the effects of menopause a mile away.  I  would bet that is what happened to her.

The weight gain on a previously trim woman and the heavy but light face hair.

The second part brought back even more anger. All the evidence I forgot about.   I remember being on a conference call with my bank when the verdict came back and I lost the ability to talk.  Had to call them back the next day.

There were endless pieces of evidence just by themselves that should of put her away for good.

Every year on the aniversary of the death, people all over the country should send rolls of duct tape to Casey.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Haven't watched the second part but I think it would have taken a more intelligent jury or one that gave a shit Bratinella.

Well, they wanted to go home!  Sequestered away from home, it was the Fourth of July holiday coming up!  MORONS!

• Love 9

Well,I still don't see how that bullshit defense "yanked the rug out from under the prosecution". You still had the evidence in the car and the duct tape on the skull. Just didn't make any sense. Again, the jury was stupid and,or didn't give a shit. And Cindy can take her tears and shove them up her fat ass. Bitter? You bet I am and pissed! Still!

• Love 14

I almost didn't watch this cuz I knew I'd get all pissed off again.  Srsly anytime Casey is in the news I feel the rage.  It's obvious she chloroformed the poor baby so she could go party.  Well, she may have skeezed her way out of a guilty verdict in the courts but the verdict is guilty in the courts of public opinion.

Fuck you Casey Anthony and your skanky partying ass.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Well,I still don't see how that bullshit defense "yanked the rug out from under the prosecution". You still had the evidence in the car and the duct tape on the skull. Just didn't make any sense. Again, the jury was stupid and,or didn't give a shit. And Cindy can take her tears and shove them up her fat ass. Bitter? You bet I am and pissed! Still!

Because the sentence "George's d*** in her mouth" was the ONLY thing the jury heard from that point on.  No proof offered.  It is the single most offensive thing I've ever heard an attorney say in court.  He should have been fined, disgraced, and probably earned a mistrial.  I don't understand how he is still in the business.  *sigh*

• Love 11

Watching CA.  I haven't learned not one thing I hadn't known before.  

Biaz should have never been allowed to throw George under the bus like that without any proof.  He gives lawyers a bad name.  

The jury was bitter because they were in sequester away from home -- and Biaz and the murderess charmed them.  They wanted a smoking gun.  There was none. But when you piece together everything there was no other conclusion but murder.  

Glad to see the Anthony's have seen the light.  Although I always though they couldn't wrap their heads around the reality that their daughter killed her child and were in deep denial.  

Casey is pure evil. Psychopath.  She will do something again.  Just like OJ.  And the next jury willl not be so benevolent.  

• Love 9

You know, I don't remember seeing Jose Biaz' name ANY after that trial until some rinkydink show on Fox last week "you the jury". (Which I refused to watch because HE was on it) Hahahahahaha. Great defense attorney indeed. NOT! Oh, let me laugh some more. Hahahahahahaha. Thanks,I feel better now.

• Love 3

Ok so I watched the CA thing, just the first episode so far. I kind of knew some stuff but I wasn't really up to date on a lot of the case. I cannot believe that child was missing for 30 days before she was reported missing. Not to mention Casey lying from the beginning about the ficticious nanny and the fact that she worked at Universal Studios. What a sociopath.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Ok so I watched the CA thing, just the first episode so far. I kind of knew some stuff but I wasn't really up to date on a lot of the case. I cannot believe that child was missing for 30 days before she was reported missing. Not to mention Casey lying from the beginning about the ficticious nanny and the fact that she worked at Universal Studios. What a sociopath.

Yep, thirty-one days plus stink in trunk plus CA's lies plus pooh blanket from house equals Murderous Mommy.

• Love 7

My granddaughter was born 6/27/08, right before this case broke so it really held my interest.  At first my heart broke for George and Cindy until Cindy chose her murdering daughter over Caylee.  For Cindy to lie under oath knowing all the while that Casey killed Caylee made me sick to my stomach.  I still feel for George though.  I don't know why, but every time I see him I want to cry.  That poor guy was raked over the coals and back again by that disgusting Baez asshole.  

Cindy can suck it as far as I'm concerned but every time I see George I just want to give him a hug.  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

You know, I don't remember seeing Jose Biaz' name ANY after that trial until some rinkydink show on Fox last week "you the jury". (Which I refused to watch because HE was on it) Hahahahahaha. Great defense attorney indeed. NOT! Oh, let me laugh some more. Hahahahahahaha. Thanks,I feel better now.

He might be back to selling bikini's?

• Love 1

@Brattinella, I feel the same way. I shouldn't have watched part three of this shit.  Watching the not guilty verdict again made me FURIOUS all over again.  I yelled "fucking idiots" so loud that I scared the hell out of my pets. 

I see Cindy is still a lying moron. Yeah right, she only said the car smelled like a dead body to get the cops there.  Sure Cindy, we all believe you.  And her ridiculous "I asked the lord to serve justice".  Where was your "lord" when your daughter was murdering your beautiful, toddler granddaughter?  I'd like to smack her along with her murdering daughter.  I remember the bitch Cindy insulting and berating Zenaida Gonzales during the deposition or whatever its called.  She's as bad as her murdering daughter.   George is the only one who's sticking up for Caylee. Fuck Cindy in her fat lying ass. 

The jury was full of idiots.  

I learned nothing new watching this. We all already knew she was blowing the defense team to pay her legal bills. 

Edited to apologize for all of my cussing. This case just really gets to me.  Caylee would be over ten now, my granddaughter is 8 and I can't help but compare. Such a waste of a beautiful life. 

This probably sounds stupid and I hope irs not disrespectful but I named my rescue dog Kaylee in her memory.  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 14