Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Spoilers

• Start Topic

Spradlin is probably the greatest winner of all time but I have no deasire to see her boring gamebotty self on my screen ever again. It's probably moot anyway bc she will probably be knocked up with her 10th child by the time filming starts.

• Love 2

Kind of disappointing to have another all star season so soon. I don't mind winners it's their first time back, but not a big fan of three time players (or more). I know Julia was being considered for S34, and even though she's had a quiet edit this far, the way Probst talked her up and if she is in fact a victim of bullying, I bet we ll be seeing her return. S23-now hasn't been the best stretch of Survivor so not really sure who I'd want to see from that era. Well, at least with a returnee season, we will get spoilers :)

Edited by LadyChatts

Kind of disappointing to have another all star season so soon. I don't mind winners it's their first time back, but not a big fan of three time players (or more). I know Julia was being considered for S34, and even though she's had a quiet edit this far, the way Probst talked her up and if she is in fact a victim of bullying, I bet we ll be seeing her return. S23-now hasn't been the best stretch of Survivor so not really sure who I'd want to see from that era. Well, at least with a returnee season, we will get spoilers :)

I don't mind an all-returnees season but I want an honest-to-goodness mix of old school and new school. Varner's total surprise at how Shirin and Spencer played the game right when they hit off the beach was one of the more underrated moments of S31, and it would be fun to see that explored more over the course of a full season. 

• Love 2

There's a strong theory that Tai is another medavac, he has the leg infection. I think he even goes out premerge. If that's the case, I can see why the 2nd half of the season will probably be quite boring. Won't be surprised if Tai comees back too.

On the reddit spoilers forum, someone makes very logical reasoning for the anonymous redditor to be Scot.

For the record Kim is currently pregnant so she won't be returning anytime soon though it is only her third child and not her tenth.

ha! she still has time to make no. 10 by the time filming starts. if anyone can do it, she can.

how do you 'know'? Julia sure seems loose-lipped but that is just her spreading rumors.

• Love 1

ha! she still has time to make no. 10 by the time filming starts. if anyone can do it, she can.

how do you 'know'? Julia sure seems loose-lipped but that is just her spreading rumors.

It was a spoiler posted on reddit a while back that she had been contacted again to appear on a future season.  I was and still remain very skeptical about this one and given that she hasn't done much yet it would seem to be false though there is still a lot of game left for her to emerge.  One thing she does have going for her is that Probst does seem to really like her  a lot based on interviews he did prior to the season so that might be enough to get her on a returnee list.

Edited by LanceM

I don't mind an all-returnees season but I want an honest-to-goodness mix of old school and new school. Varner's total surprise at how Shirin and Spencer played the game right when they hit off the beach was one of the more underrated moments of S31, and it would be fun to see that explored more over the course of a full season. 

Not just that, but it was nice seeing a mix of old schoolers again, instead of Parvati, Rupert, and Boston Rob for the millionth time.  Varner is someone I'd love to see a third time, though I know that likely isn't going to happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kelley Wentworth is one of the three peaters.  I've seen more old school Survivors come out of the woodwork since Second Chances, and even some of the new schoolers raising their profile a little more.  Some posters on Sucks speculated during last season that they were setting certain contestants up for either a HvsV or BvsW.  Since this show likes to repeat themes, and since HvsV is considered one of the better seasons, I'm leaning towards that as the theme.  Especially if Julia, Caleb, Mike, and Earl are included.  Also, are Nicaragua and RI getting totally cut out of this season?  Not that I care, as I don't think there's really anyone from them I would care to see return (I think there's a couple, but not the end of the world if they aren't included).  Wonder how many Second Chance snubs will be included?  Couldn't make the fan vote, so they get put in by producers.

Not surprised that TPTB weren't a fan of this season.  Not just for the record number of medevacs, but I'm sure after S30 they really didn't want a repeat of the drama surrounding that season.  I will say if it's true that Peter is one of the medevacs, I'm kind of disappointed because I really wanted to see his royal arrogance get a big fat blindsided handed to him.

It was a spoiler posted on reddit a while back that she had been contacted again to appear on a future season.  I was and still remain very skeptical about this one and given that she hasn't done much yet it would seem to be false though there is still a lot of game left for her to emerge.  One thing she does have going for her is that Probst does seem to really like her  a lot based on interviews he did prior to the season so that might be enough to get her on a returnee list.

That was the first I had heard of S34 being a returnee season.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, though whether she makes the final cut is another story.  Beauty hasn't had a reason to be put in the spotlight yet, but with the swap happening, I'm sure they are going to become more visible.  Of course Jeff's pre-season hype could mean nothing, and Julia could crash or burn or end up being despised by fans.  I really want to like Julia, so hopefully Jeff's hype is correct.

Also, I agree with you LanceM re: swap spoilers.  Either they have new webmonkeys, or even the webmonkeys that got sloppy in the past don't even care enough about this season.

Edited by LadyChatts

Not just that, but it was nice seeing a mix of old schoolers again, instead of Parvati, Rupert, and Boston Rob for the millionth time.  Varner is someone I'd love to see a third time, though I know that likely isn't going to happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kelley Wentworth is one of the three peaters.  I've seen more old school Survivors come out of the woodwork since Second Chances, and even some of the new schoolers raising their profile a little more.  Some posters on Sucks speculated during last season that they were setting certain contestants up for either a HvsV or BvsW.  Since this show likes to repeat themes, and since HvsV is considered one of the better seasons, I'm leaning towards that as the theme.  Especially if Julia, Caleb, Mike, and Earl are included.

Parvati has said she's done with Survivor with Jeff Probst beside her listening. So there's that. I'm sure Boston Rob will jump at another chance, maybe to prove his win wasn't a fluke. Heh.

If PG, Varner weren't voted out early and Deitz wasn't evacuated, it could have been an alternatively interesting S31 season. As it is, the final five ended up being from the last 4 seasons or so.

I also want to give early pre-merge boots another chance. There might be some hidden gems there. Both Kimmi and Kelley did well on S31, and on a season where the gameplay is much more elevated no less. 

I want more older players. Let some seasons and years pass before bringing back anyone from the last 3 years or so. For me, it would be fun to see old-school players who has gotten significantly older play this game again.

• Love 2

Anyway, back to this season. As of today, I still believe that the 3 medevacs IN GAME are Caleb, Tai, and Joe. In the first min of E1, when Probst talks of infected cuts, they show 3 bodies all in a roll. They are Joe (black shorts, doesnt look serious), Tai's infection, and Caleb's arm. Yes, I believe the show is telling us upfront.

Tai is the day evac with the black doc. Joe is the night evac with Dr Joe (the blonde).

Edited by thehepburn

Parvati has said she's done with Survivor with Jeff Probst beside her listening. So there's that. I'm sure Boston Rob will jump at another chance, maybe to prove his win wasn't a fluke. Heh.

If PG, Varner weren't voted out early and Deitz wasn't evacuated, it could have been an alternatively interesting S31 season. As it is, the final five ended up being from the last 4 seasons or so.

I also want to give early pre-merge boots another chance. There might be some hidden gems there. Both Kimmi and Kelley did well on S31, and on a season where the gameplay is much more elevated no less. 

I want more older players. Let some seasons and years pass before bringing back anyone from the last 3 years or so. For me, it would be fun to see old-school players who has gotten significantly older play this game again.

More an example I was using of some of the more well known multiple returnees (and regardless of what they say, never say never).  Though Parvati and Rob have to know they likely aren't going to be lucky and make it far again.

Agree with you on your last point.  Although not knowing what the theme is for this season, maybe it makes more sense to have a more current crop of Survivors, but I'm all for widening the spectrum and including more old schoolers.  Also agree on the pre-mergers.  There have been quite a few pre merge boots over the years that got screwed simply by bad circumstances vs bad game play.

Edited by LadyChatts

Why are boot lists only available as spoilers when it's an all-star/returnees season?

Players sign an agreement not to disclose results of their season or they open themselves to be sued. New players are a lot more careful following this clause than returnees.

Returnees are a lot less afraid, plus they are connected to the group of 500+ former players plus their closest friends. They all talk to each other and eventually word gets out.

Most of the players being contactd to come back are from the past few seasons (23 onward). I believe MIke Hollway was contacted too.

I have a very strong feeling we'll see beauty and the beast (Tai and Caleb) reunited on Season 34... I'm just worried they shouldnt be picked off immediately as the new 'america's sweethearts' that need to be picked off right away.

Edited by Big Mother
  • Love 1

Most of the players being contactd to come back are from the past few seasons (23 onward). I believe MIke Hollway was contacted too.

I have a very strong feeling we'll see beauty and the beast (Tai and Caleb) reunited on Season 34... I'm just worried they shouldnt be picked off immediately as the new 'america's sweethearts' that need to be picked off right away.

I think the bigger problem is they are going to try and duplicate something that may not happen a second time.  Would it have happened this time if not for these circumstances?  Probably not.  On a ten person tribe, I don't know that I see Caleb giving Tai the time of day.  And that is one thing I hate about returnee seasons, is that people get cast either because they were past rivals, past showmances, past bromances, or whatever narrative TPTB are hoping will play out a second time, and it can fall flat.

Can't really say I'm looking forward to seeing Mike again, if he is returning.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see Carolyn in the mix, or at least find out that she was considered.

I think tonight we saw the beginning of the rumored final 5 with 3 simple words from Jason which were "I like Michele". We will see what happens when Julia re-enters the game next week.

Oh, so I guess those people who bought Anna's shirts got to root for her for about two weeks.

• Love 1

LOL on Julia's "OMG, I'm 18 and I am going to do nothing and die!" scene this episode. What a stah! Yeah, I am sure SEG is just dying to have her return. 

Kelley Wentworth, watch out! You just lost your spot on S34!!

Edited by thehepburn

I think tonight we saw the beginning of the rumored final 5 with 3 simple words from Jason which were "I like Michele". We will see what happens when Julia re-enters the game next week.

Oh, so I guess those people who bought Anna's shirts got to root for her for about two weeks.

Yep, based on those social media speculations on Reddit, I fully expected the vote to go down the way it did tonight, and I definitely give more credence to the final five speculation. 

I think that most or all of the twelve people who did not get into Survivor Second Chance were contacted to return for S34.

Then there's also the 10 or so finalists who didn't make the cut to get to the fans' votes (cut during pre-assessment, medical tests, turned down S31, etc). Redmond posted it awhile back but I didn't see it until very recently. Some very interesting names in there. 

Yep, based on those social media speculations on Reddit, I fully expected the vote to go down the way it did tonight, and I definitely give more credence to the final five speculation. 

Since Cydney is not in that F5, I give little credence to it myself.

I don't want to post in specs so I will post it here

I can't see bounty, scot, pete, nick, debbie winning this game

with Tai and Joe medevaced

Neal? uhm idk maybe he will be blindsided

I think a woman will be the survivor - Michele, Julia, Cydney, Aubry

I think we all think so already, but I feel strongly that Joe's hand is going to be one of the medevacs.  Infections on the hand are notoriously tricky and tend to heal on their own quite poorly because of where they are on the body's periphery. 

Also, the chance of cellulitis permanently damaging the structure and function of the hand can be so great after a certain point, that it definitely can become an emergency.

Of course any infection can cause sepsis, which is an even greater danger.

I'm not in the "it should be harder on them" camp and think that simple access to neosporin for small cuts/scrapes would go a long way in this environment.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 3

Press pics:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s32_press_images_ep6.html

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/17/survivor-kaoh-rong-jeff-probst-episode-5

Jeff's teaser for next week:

Tease us up for next week, sir!
Hmmm… How bout this? A first at Tribal Council. (And if not a first, it’s definitely been a very rare occurrence and one I actually cannot recall ever happening, which is not to say it hasn’t, it’s just to say my Survivor hard drive is full.)

Also in regards to Anna:

Anna was my pick to win it all, so that shows you how much I know. Did I overestimate her gameplay or was she just the victim of bad Survivor luck with the tribe swap?
I think Anna has a LOT more game in her.  She is a hustler, a negotiator, great in challenges, and a person willing to throw others under the bus to save herself. What’s not to like! She might be a great “Second Chance” nominee!

Guess we'll seeing her again.  Wonder if she's on the list for S34.

Press pics:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s32_press_images_ep6.html

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/17/survivor-kaoh-rong-jeff-probst-episode-5

Jeff's teaser for next week:

Tease us up for next week, sir!

Hmmm… How bout this? A first at Tribal Council. (And if not a first, it’s definitely been a very rare occurrence and one I actually cannot recall ever happening, which is not to say it hasn’t, it’s just to say my Survivor hard drive is full.)

Well, it's definitely not the Super Idol since that hasn't been done ever before. Jeff says rare occurrence, maybe someone walks out of the TC before getting voted out?!

Well, it's definitely not the Super Idol since that hasn't been done ever before. Jeff says rare occurrence, maybe someone walks out of the TC before getting voted out?!

Has Medical ever been called into TC?

Nanoka and Purple Kelly quit at TC dunno if that counts. 

Super idol obv has never been used before its existed, but its never actually been used so that would be a slam dunk first that Jeff wouldn't be confused about.

Medical at TC ? Paschal maybe? Not sure if that was at TC itself though plus he was already voted out. Has someone ever been evaced at TC? I don't think so, but it doesn't match the spoilers. 

No votes has happened so has 2 but I don't think 1 vote to send someone home has ever happened though that would involve an entire tribe voting out the idol player which I can't see that happening unless Debbie is passed the idol by Neal which I highly doubt. Scots scene this week makes it seem like Jason is at least told by Scot at some point about the Super Idol and I can't see Tai being voted out unanimously to where his only 1 vote would count. 

There've been several people who quit during tribal, and since Jeff hates quitters, I don't think that's it.  He'd remember that (Osten and Janu quit at tribal, in addition to Na'Onka and Kelly).  There may be others.  I'm wondering if it is the medevac at tribal.  Maybe Joe or Tai passes out?  Some of the theories I can think of that never happened or are rare would have to have the idol in place and/or be at the merge phase.  I don't see the idol being played this early, and on anyone other than the people who are holding them.  It is possible an idol could come into play and only one vote ends up counting, especially if Tai is targeted.  Although if it were a medevac, wouldn't they be hyping that in the promos?

I can't wait until S34 and getting more solid spoilers thanks to the returnees playing.

Edited by LadyChatts

Joe Anglim did a pod this wk with those numskulls D&D and was asked point blank if he is headed to LA in April (for final casting in S34 is the obvious implication). He was harder to read than Troyzan. Obviously, his name is out there but he says that Cambodia "sucked". He seems lukewarm about it but I guess he will go since he is still living in his Mom's basement and has nothing better to do.

• Love 1

I'm guessing he's referring to an idol being used after the votes are read. aside from Gary in Guatemala has it ever happened agtain? Yul didnt use his and neither did  Tony.

not a bad guess but the possibility of that happening this ep is less than 1 percent

Joe Anglim did a pod this wk with those numskulls D&D and was asked point blank if he is headed to LA in April (for final casting in S34 is the obvious implication). He was harder to read than Troyzan. Obviously, his name is out there but he says that Cambodia "sucked". He seems lukewarm about it but I guess he will go since he is still living in his Mom's basement and has nothing better to do.

Jesus, are they going to put Joey Amazing in every returnee season until he finally wins? Stay away from Survivor for awhile please.

Frankly, I would like to see some of the people who didn't make the final cut on Second Chance to get their second chance, so to speak. For starters, I would like to see Chelsea and J'Tia back.  I was honestly surprised when they chose Sabrina over Chelsea to make the voting phase since personally I think Chelsea is the more exciting player, but maybe that's because they want more POC to be on the voting phase.

And no Mike Holloway please.

• Love 3

If Mike comes back, I hope he is the first to go.  Didn't care for him during WA (only rooted for him due to the alternatives).  Given how often he's jet setting around and keeping in thick with reality show contestants, I'm sure he's making alliances left and right, but hopefully he makes too many to keep up with and he gets bounced before the merge.  Do not care to stomach him another full season.  As for Joe, since he and Mike are tight, I'd be curious how that would play out during another season together-if they'd work together, distance the other because of their friendship, or if one back stabs the other and it turns into a Lex/Rob AS scenario.  I'm as big a Joe fan as they come, but even I'm hoping he turns down an offer to return this time.  Unless he winds up in a Second Chance situation where he doesn't go to tribal until the merge, he isn't lasting.  I'm sure they'll throw a challenge just to get rid of him (and actually follow through with getting rid of him).  He mentioned a couple of months ago that he was still dealing with issues from Cambodia, and when asked if he would do it a 3rd time, he didn't jump with a 'Yes!'  He kind of said yeah, depending where he was at in life.  So he didn't sound overly enthusiastic.  I think he needs a few more seasons before returning.

Which, quite honestly, with the overload of SJDS and Cagayan contestants at the end of Second Chances, I wish they wouldn't focus so heavily on bringing players back from the last 3-4 seasons.  Expand beyond that (though there are some from Second Chances that I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd time).  Also don't care to see anyone return a 4th time.  Three times, great.  No more 4+ returning players.  From the Second Chance fan vote reject pile, I won't be surprised to see Carolyn, Jim, Troyzan, Brad (ugh), or Sabrina among the returnees.  At this point I think the only one I'd want to see back from Cagayan would be Tony.

• Love 1

Figures Tai is going to end up leaving the game due to being injured.  He is the only person that I really enjoy watching this season and he seems like a genuine nice guy.  Oh well I guess I will have to find someone to cheer for.

• Love 2

At this point I think the only one I'd want to see back from Cagayan would be Tony.

Ugh, not that loudmouth. He ruined Cagayan for me. I admit he played a strong game but I don't want that kind of game to watch. He accused Kass of sounding like a llama when he was more of a llama than her.

Also from a very recent podcast of Kass, she said that Tony was edited very favorably because he wasn't a gracious victor at all. He would mock the losing alliance when they would go back from tribal, but the editors didn't show that because he ended up winning. Kass said Fatty reminds him of Tony.

From Cagayan, the one I would like to see back is Morgan just for the sheer entertainment value of it all. I still remember her signature line: "If people were given a choice to be cute or ugly, most would pick cute." I think she was cast one season too late, and it would have been fun to see her in an all-girls tribe like in One World. Imagine Alicia Rosa going against Morgan. Haha!

• Love 2

Ugh, not that loudmouth. He ruined Cagayan for me. I admit he played a strong game but I don't want that kind of game to watch. He accused Kass of sounding like a llama when he was more of a llama than her.

Also from a very recent podcast of Kass, she said that Tony was edited very favorably because he wasn't a gracious victor at all. He would mock the losing alliance when they would go back from tribal, but the editors didn't show that because he ended up winning. Kass said Fatty reminds him of Tony.

Kass. as usual, is one to talk. SHE got a favorable edit as did Spencer, Woo, and Tony. They all did.

And Tony didnt say that Kass sounded like a llama. Kass was trying to needle Tony and he finally said - I'm sorry that I don't speak llama to you. 

Kass. as usual, is one to talk. SHE got a favorable edit as did Spencer, Woo, and Tony. They all did.

And Tony didnt say that Kass sounded like a llama. Kass was trying to needle Tony and he finally said - I'm sorry that I don't speak llama to you. 

Thanks for the llama clarification. I remember Tony was imitating the llama or something so that's how I remembered it.

I guess my point was, if Tony was already edited that way, I would hate to see what he was actually like on the island. Probably much more insufferable than what was actually shown. 

• Love 1

Thanks for the llama clarification. I remember Tony was imitating the llama or something so that's how I remembered it.

I guess my point was, if Tony was already edited that way, I would hate to see what he was actually like on the island. Probably much more insufferable than what was actually shown. 

Pt taken. Luckily, we dont have to live with him on the island. On screen tho, he was one of the most electric winners and the one (besides Cirie) that I am most looking forward to seeing in S34. JMO.

Anyone want to repost the final 5? I do remember seeing reddit speculation/spoiler that Michele wins which is interesting because right now she only has 4 posts in her thread.  No one knows her. 

Anyone want to repost the final 5? I do remember seeing reddit speculation/spoiler that Michele wins which is interesting because right now she only has 4 posts in her thread.  No one knows her. 

The speculated final 5 was Julia, Michele, Jason, Scot and Neal.  I am not sure I buy that as I think Cydney and Aubry are definitely in the mix as well. However it shakes I do believe that this could be a final 7.  We will see what happens tonight but I would be surprised if any of these seven are voted out.

As far as Michele goes. you are correct that nobody knows her, However there are 9 episodes left in this season and there is plenty of time for her to develop. We already started seeing this last episode where she got I believe 3 confessionals. We will have to see how her edit continues.

• Love 1