Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

Grey's killing it as usual in the ratings!  Last night was a 2.5 with A18-49 and 8.5 million viewers, up versus last week and last year.  In fact all the TGIT shows did pretty well.  

Last Night:
A18-49 ratings/Total Viewers
Grey's 2.5/8.46 mill (+14% vs. last week in A18-49, +4% vs. last year)
Scandal 2.4/ 8.06 mill (+9% vs. last week in A18-49, -23% vs. last year)
HTGAWM 2.3/7.13 mill (+15% vs. last week in A18-49, -26% vs. last year)

• Love 2

There's something so appealing about the show this season that it's not as much of a chore to get through. And I've seen this sentiment echoed on social media from more general audience type people.

Like the elephant in the room is gone, and the show can just breathe now.

• Love 4

Interesting tid-bit from TvLine: 

In fact, Grey’s nearly matched its numbers from two years ago (8.6 mil/2.6). In today‘s TV climate? That’s kinda crazy.

That's insanely impressive for Grey's, especially considering the dives other ABC dramas have taken this year alone (Scandal, HTGAWM, OUAT, Castle, etc.) 

• Love 2

Grey's Anatomy Casts Life Goes On Dad as a Therapist — But Whose?

This is interesting. I think it's for Meredith, because the actor even tweeted Ellen recently, so I guess he was working with her. My guess is that whatever happens in episode 12x09 leads her to therapy.

My guess would be Jackson and April,

only because Jackson was talking about couples therapy with Callie.

ETA: Not sure if that is actually a spoiler or not, but better safe than sorry

Edited by OtterMommy

Based on SpottedRatings' sampling size of episodes this season:

Once -40% (though that's skewed by an aberrant first half of last season)

Castle -36%

Murder -31%

Nashville -22%

Scandal -19%

Shield -13%

Grey -7%

Though the Wednesday 8-9 comedies are even more consistent, at -3% and +1%.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/25/greys-anatomy-meredith-riggs-romance

Interesting to read.

I would say with what he says it seems Shonda does not develop characters but looks at how actors portray them and according to this she develops the story. I find it weird storytelling. You must have a plan of where the character is going regardless of actors´ approach or chemistry or how they play each other off.

Honestly I find it quite odd. Also it seems to suggest if actors do not get along, she just breaks up the couple,or when they do, she pairs them up, it seems to be the case. Or on the other hand, I do not see an ounce of chemistry between Mckidd and Scorsone, yet, their characters are paired.

A bunch of paradoxes in Shondaland.

Martin Henderson says:

A lot of what Shonda looks for when she starts writing characters is looking for the natural chemistry, and seeing what she findsň thrilling in the dailies and she really does write to what’s organically happening between actors.”   
Edited by Nobodysfan

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/25/greys-anatomy-meredith-riggs-romance

Interesting to read.

I would say with what he says it seems Shonda does not develop characters but looks at how actors portray them and according to this she develops the story. I find it weird storytelling. You must have a plan of where the character is going regardless of actors´ approach or chemistry or how they play each other off.

Honestly I find it quite odd. Also it seems to suggest if actors do not get along, she just breaks up the couple,or when they do, she pairs them up, it seems to be the case. Or on the other hand, I do not see an ounce of chemistry between Mckidd and Scorsone, yet, their characters are paired.

A bunch of paradoxes in Shondaland.

Especially in long-running TV, many, many, many writers work that way. Certainly the most successful ones do. It doesn't mean they're not developing characters, but sometimes you just don't know what you have until the actors bring it to life. So, based on chemistry and audience reaction things evolve and grow. I can think of several other shows off the stop of my head where the creators have spoken about wildly changed scripts and stories based on on-screen chemistry or how an actor worked (Breaking Bad, Buffy, Veronica Mars, etc.) 

With Grey's, there are so many characters and actors so things change all the time. There's no way to really execute a specific endgame (ie, Derek dying, Burke leaving Cristina, Cristina leaving Owen, Izzie leaving Alex, etc.)

A year in Shondaland from EW. 

Some interesting bits: 

Biggest highlight of 2015

ELLEN POMPEO (Grey’s Anatomy star): Denzel Washington directing Episode 1209, without a question. [He’s] amazing. Let’s just say I’m a huge fan. It’s a total dream come true.

Most difficult part of 2015

RHIMES: Probably the most difficult part of 2015 was creating and crafting the episodes in which Patrick [Dempsey] died, and then the episode that came after that.

POMPEO: Certainly the last year was very, very difficult. Losing Patrick was huge.

What surprised you most about 2015:

RHIMES: How much fun it still is. For me especially, season 12 [of Grey’s Anatomy] has been an absolute blast. Season 12! How much fun we’ve been having is really lovely.

Edited by BaseOps

Honestly who on earth sees natural chemistry between Mckidd and Scorsone and who would write into it????!!!! Beyond logic to me. They are the epitome of two actors having zero chemistry as a romantic duo.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

Via TVLine:

Question: Some Grey’s Anatomy fans are speculating that Martin Henderson’s character Nathan may actually be Owen’s sister. Is Shonda Rhimes about to pull a transgender twist out of her hat? —Jeremy

Ausiello: Highly unlikely. When Rhimes cast the New Zealand native, she didn’t want him to “dampen down” his accent too much, Henderson told me when we spoke last month, adding, “She wanted the character to have an international feel.” Last I checked, Owen was born and raised in Seattle, not New Zealand. The bigger mystery, as I see it, is whether his MIA sister is dead or alive.

Patrick Dump-sey! Former Grey's Anatomy star Dempsey hides behind shades as rumors fly it was his character Shonda Rhimes killed off out of spite

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3318137/Patrick-Dump-sey-Former-Grey-s-Anatomy-star-Dempsey-hides-shades-rumors-fly-character-Shonda-Rhimes-killed-spite.html

I always thought it was George. The actor and Rhimes had some personal issues (if I remember correctly?) and then boom! Ole Georgie was hit --splat-- by a bus.

Patrick Dempsey reflects on life after Grey's Anatomy:'I was ready to move on'

With the show, you’re just grinding it out to get through it

If he felt like he was grinding through to get the show over with then its really for the best that he left. The other actors deserve to have acting partners that are happy to be there. Nice that it all worked out in the end. He seems happier and the cast of the show all seem reinvigorated.

• Love 5

Patrick Dempsey reflects on life after Grey's Anatomy:'I was ready to move on'

If he felt like he was grinding through to get the show over with then its really for the best that he left. The other actors deserve to have acting partners that are happy to be there. Nice that it all worked out in the end. He seems happier and the cast of the show all seem reinvigorated.

This, exactly. Patrick seems happier and Grey's is not only doing incredible in the ratings, but it certainly has improved quality-wise and with (some) fans this season. I think it was a much-needed shakeup, and clearly Patrick didn't really want to be there anymore. 

• Love 3

Patrick Dempsey responds to THAT Shonda Rhimes comment

"I think she loves being provocative and that’s fine for who she is. That gets people talking about all the stuff that she’s doing. She’s an amazing woman who is incredibly productive. She’s promoting a book. She’s promoting three shows. And she’s emerging as the star of all of these things. I think she knows how to deal with the media and what she needs to say to get the response that she’s looking for. She’s very savvy.

This is where context matters, she wasn't trying to be provocative with that statement, it was an answer to a direct question asked on The Nightly Show. But whatever, his response was fine because I'm certain that whoever asked it was baiting him for some sort of "Fuck you, Shonda" response.

• Love 1

I always thought it was George. The actor and Rhimes had some personal issues (if I remember correctly?) and then boom! Ole Georgie was hit --splat-- by a bus.

I thought it was Tim Daly in Private Practice.  I gave up on the show a season or two in, but continued to read about it and as I recall there was absolutely no love lost between them when he was written out.

It could also have been George, I believe she may have spoken about more than one character. 

In an effort to unburden myself for the New Year, here's a guilty confession from me about George and his demise......I laughed and laughed and laughed that he was hit by the bus in his departure episode.  Honestly, I laughed out loud the moment I saw it.  It just seemed such a perfect end.  She made him a hero, but she also LITERALLY (okay, maybe figuratively, but I'm channeling Chris Traeger from Parks & Recreation) threw him under the bus.  

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

This is where context matters, she wasn't trying to be provocative with that statement, it was an answer to a direct question asked on The Nightly Show. But whatever, his response was fine because I'm certain that whoever asked it was baiting him for some sort of "Fuck you, Shonda" response.

Patrick has a class unlike Shonda who takes revenge on actors and boasts of it. So shallow of her. Actors who have elevated her show to something worth watching not her writing and she spits on them. What a "showleader"!!!

Edited by Nobodysfan

I thought it was Tim Daly in Private Practice.  I gave up on the show a season or two in, but continued to read about it and as I recall there was absolutely no love lost between them when he was written out.

It could also have been George, I believe she may have spoken about more than one character. 

In an effort to unburden myself for the New Year, here's a guilty confession from me about George and his demise......I laughed and laughed and laughed that he was hit by the bus in his departure episode.  Honestly, I laughed out loud the moment I saw it.  It just seemed such a perfect end.  She made him a hero, but she also LITERALLY (okay, maybe figuratively, but I'm channeling Chris Traeger from Parks & Recreation) threw him under the bus.  

Tim Daly had the guts to criticise Shonda and was flat out fired by her, Shonda called his agent and did not even have the last bit of respect to inform  and call the actor himself. Awful behaviour from an awful woman. She may call herself a  "feminist" if she knew what that word means but she has no respect for her actors and fans. She has no humility, no modesty. I loathe people like her who have this worship-me-attitude.

I remember she once attacked another female showrunner out of spite. Awful behaviour. And her tweets which she throws randomnly  from time to time saying she is grateful to her fans - oh please, one good joke from her. Yes, reading between the lines,she may be thankful to us for earning her millions of dollars.

Or when she tweets to fans - oh you can stop watching the show, instead of listening to fans giving her constructive criticism,she tells them to stop watching the show although they care so much for the characters, she is a real b....h.

And we all know she hated T.R.Knight for that whole thing with Washington that he had to be fired from the show and since then she hated Knight until she gave him no story at all for  S5, and when the actor dared to complain she killed off his character. What an "amazing employer" indeed.  But she was secretly on Washington´s side the whole time which is also proved when she called him back in style and glamour for Yang´s send off.

If an actor dares to go against her or makes a wish to leave the show,she will kill off the character he or she portrays or end it abruptly like she did with Heigl. End of story. Except Sandra Oh. She needs to have Cristina alive for Mertina happy ending in Season  100 or thereabouts.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Tim Daly had the guts to criticise Shonda and was flat out fired by her, Shonda called his agent and did not even have the last bit of respect to inform  and call the actor himself. Awful behaviour from an awful woman. She may call herself a  "feminist" if she knew what that word means but she has no respect for her actors and fans. She has no humility, no modesty. I loathe people like her who have this worship-me-attitude.

I remember she once attacked another female showrunner out of spite. Awful behaviour. 

What does firing a man have to do with feminism? What does anything that you said have to do with feminism? Calling out another woman does not make one anti-feminist.

And I assume you're talking about her critique of Amy Sherman-Palladino's "Bunheads". It was hardly an attack, perhaps she shouldn't have done it in such public a forum as twitter but the criticism was valid. The show was set in California yet there were to my recollection zero people of color (and her comments were aimed at all the ballet dancers being white). You'd think the show was made in 1952, not 2012 or whenever that show aired.

• Love 4

She treats men like rubbish, you haven´t noticed? Is it what feminism is about?

She was downright offensive to the other showrunner. This comment was related to her having awful behaviour. Reread my comment. It is in a new paragraph.

Yes, maybe some girls could have been portrayed by actresses of colour for more balance,but I remember she tweeted so that she could feel good about her kid watching that show?!? I find this a rather racist remark. It is like I should say of any movie/show I have seen with a male or female actor of colour should be white indeed so that I feel good about watching this movie. B...t  Art is art  no matter who plays which role. If he or she does it well and is made for that role, with great depth I will praise it no matter what kind of actor of which race he comes and I would NEVER blame anyone for casting this person. Sorry, that´s it for me. 

Edited by Nobodysfan

She treats men like rubbish, you haven´t noticed? Is it what feminism is about?

No...feminism is about equality of the sexes. That's it. And she doesn't exclusively treat men like rubbish. That would make her a misandrist. Which she isn't because she's created fantastic roles for both men and women. That said Grey's a very female positive show, the misperception that people have that that female positively equates to male negativity and that simply isn't the case. Meredith isn't great so that Derek can be lesser than, Meredith's greatness can exist outside of competition with any man.

She was downright offensive to the other showrunner. This comment was related to her having awful behaviour. Reread my comment. It is in a new paragraph.

Oh I read it. Our definitions of offensive are clearly not the same.

Yes, maybe some girls could have been portrayed by actresses of colour for more balance,but I remember she tweeted so that she could feel good about her kid watching that show?!? I find this a rather racist remark. It is like I should say of any movie/show I have seen with a male or female actor of colour should be white indeed so that I feel good about watching this movie. B...t  Art is art  no matter who plays which role. If he or she does it well and is made for that role, with great depth I will praise it no matter what kind of actor of which race he comes and I would NEVER blame anyone for casting this person. Sorry, that´s it for me.

I can assure you that seeing representations of yourself in the media most certainly does matter to a large number of people. I don't think her comment was a "This show is awful!" but more of a "This show is great! Sucks that everyone is white in a cast of 20+.". There's a difference.

• Love 2

I respectfully disagree, I made my points very clear, will not comment more on any of them.

feminism is about equality of the sexes.    

One thing I agree with as the explanation for the term, however, I do not see it represented on the show, I see men belittled so that women can feel superior. 80% of time. Yes, 20 % are male douchebags on the show and I say kudos for portraying men like this as in reality there they are who each woman should be warned about like Hunt who cheat on their wives and want their wife to succumb to them and have a child against her wish.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Or when she tweets to fans - oh you can stop watching the show, instead of listening to fans giving her constructive criticism

Ah, yes, fans, particularly those on twitter, are well known for giving, helpful, well-thought-out, constructive criticism.....heeheeheeheeheehee!!!

I particularly thought that her not following the constructive criticism repeatedly offered, generally summarized as variations of "die bitch", after Derek was killed off to be quite off-putting of her. How dare she ignore such loyal fans?!  Note that this wave was louder and longer, but not really different in tone than many other tweets to her from fans of other characters or romances that didn't like what she did on the show.

By the way, for those interested, here's an article talking about what Shonda tweeted about Bunheads. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Or when she tweets to fans - oh you can stop watching the show, instead of listening to fans giving her constructive criticism,she tells them to stop watching the show although they care so much for the characters, she is a real b....h.

Shonda isn't the first or last showrunner to say "if you don't like it, stop watching." It's common sense. Why waste your time on something you actively hate?

This is a bit random but kind of awesome - Grey's Anatomy was just trending on Twitter in the US. I thought maybe a promo for the next episode came out, but it seems to be random. Lots of young people catching up on Netflix over their breaks, and they all happen to be Tweeting about it. Pretty cool. It really shows the power of this show & the continued word-of-mouth and buzz. 

• Love 3

via TVLine:

BEST (NON-SPORTS) DEMO RATING WITH LIVE+7 DVR PLAYBACK
Empire, Fox 7.3
The Big Bang Theory, CBS 6.1
Modern Family, ABC 4.7
Scandal, ABC 4.1
Blindspot, NBC 4.1
The Voice: Monday, NBC 3.9
Grey’s Anatomy, ABC 3.9
How to Get Away With Murder, ABC 3.8
The Voice: Tuesday, NBC 3.6
The Goldbergs, ABC 3.2
NCIS, CBS 3.2

Seriously.  That linked article is pretty damned petty imo.  They obviously saw the segment on The Nightly Show, hell they linked to it.    Do they not know what the 'Keeping it 100' is all about on The Nightly Show?   Instead of judging it for what is was -- an answer to a question on a comedy news show in a segment where she played along knowing what the expectation was in that moment -- they made it sound like she was going around saying 'That's right Bitches!!  Imma kill YOU and kill YOU and kill YOUR ASS TOO!!!!'  They chose to call it  'throwing shade' and seeing it as  'a terse declaration'.  Did they not notice she was laughing a little abashed while she said it?

See, this to me is how a media outlet does their own shading (and not in the cool Paris is Burning way which they often misuse) but in the not-so-cool 'let me interpret this using my bias' way. 

Also I find it interesting that their suggestions of  which of supposed actors she's killed off was because she didn't like them were men.  Some of their picks (Dan Bucatinsky, Tom Verica) make no sense because she's had a long relationship with both them behind the camera on multiple shows. 

I would be tickled if it was an actually a woman since, again, the original  question did not specify gender.  Could have been just as easily that Mercy West Resident that got shot point blank in the head or that annoying Rebecca chick from How To Get Away With Murder. 

Yeah, i know, probably not.  I am inclined to believe it was TR Knight.  But that could just be my own bias since I couldn't stand George and found Knight almost as annoying as Heigl off screen.

• Love 3

I think for People's Choice, they only show up if they win. So, they would already know if they won or not. That's what I've noticed in the past, anyways.

Ellen, Justin, Chandra and Jim Pickins are attending so it looks like GA at least won best TV drama.  Based on other attendees it doesn't seem like Justin won best actor since another actor from his category is attending (Taylor Kinney from Chicago Fire) but Ellen could have possibly won since there doesn't seem to be anyone else from the actress category.  

https://twitter.com/peopleschoice/status/683791695834550272

• Love 1

If an actor dares to go against her or makes a wish to leave the show,she will kill off the character he or she portrays or end it abruptly like she did with Heigl. End of story. Except Sandra Oh. She needs to have Cristina alive for Mertina happy ending in Season 100 or thereabouts.

Teddy is still alive. Kim Raver really really wanted out, and said so publicly. That didn't result in death. Addison is still alive, Burke is still alive, Izzie as you said, Yang as you said.

Chyler wanted to leave.

Eric wanted to leave but they didn't want to write Mark, or Derek for that matter, as people who would willingly leave their children. That's not some sort of cruel payback. George died a hero, because TR wanted out. That's not malicious.

None of them died in a spiteful way. And then they were mentioned for forever after that until they weren't because, like real life, you move on and don't dwell.

Teddy is still alive. Kim Raver really really wanted out, and said so publicly. That didn't result in death. Addison is still alive, Burke is still alive, Izzie as you said, Yang as you said.

Chyler wanted to leave.

Eric wanted to leave but they didn't want to write Mark, or Derek for that matter, as people who would willingly leave their children. That's not some sort of cruel payback. George died a hero, because TR wanted out. That's not malicious.

None of them died in a spiteful way. And then they were mentioned for forever after that until they weren't because, like real life, you move on and don't dwell.

What the actor says on why he wanted out. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/23/ew.tr.knight.greys.anatomy/

The question is why was he given so little screentime and barely no story at all?!? It made him make the decision to leave.

I do not know where the truth is, but I tend to think if an actor does/says something which Shonda disapproves of,he or she is punished by the treatment of his character.

I remember at the beginning of season 8 Chyler said in press she was ready to take on the lead role in case Pompeo would not resign. Did she piss off Rhimes and Pompeo by her comment? Maybe. It later changed into her saying she needed more time for family.Life can change though but it is a little odd.

Dane was likely the reason of cutting the budget but why was it him? There were others who spent less time on the show like Williams or Drew? Mark and Derek had storywise a long-time bromance going on. Also Raver left at the end of S8,why couldn´t they have kept Dane instead? 

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-real-reason-why-eric-dane-left-greys-anatomy-source-732031/ Yes, one may argue the credibility of Wetpaint.

Also why way Scorsone hired so rapidly as a regular for S11?There was a neuro god in hospital -Derek,no need for another one. Did Shonda already know even before S11 started she was going to kill off McDreamy?

Yes, one can say these are speculations and I will leave it there but there are so many suspicions.

None of them died in a spiteful way

I think most certainly the way Derek died and the way it was written was in a spiteful way. I am convinced. Knowing Dempsey is a passionate car racer, Shonda killed Derek in his Porsche looking at mobile in the middle of the road, the car across the street !!!! nonsensical, and being hit by a truck then the Neuro surgeon was having dinner and could not be bothered to come - what irony!. It screams spite and revenge to me. Shonda did her best to enjoy Derek´s death. I hope it does not seem morbid. I have seen a picture made by fans putting in an image of Shonda driving the truck which hit McDreamy´s Porsche. Pretty valid image.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Maybe. It later changed into her saying she needed more time for family.Life can change though but it is a little odd.

I know one or two of Chyler's kids are special needs and the one was sick around this time, so I think that contributed a little. However, I do think she was miffed when Ellen reupped. I'm not even sure why she assumed she'd be the lead were Ellen to leave.

Dane was likely the reason of cutting the budget but why was it him? There were others who spent less time on the show like Williams or Drew? Mark and Derek had storywise a long-time bromance going on. Also Raver left at the end of S8,why couldn´t they have kept Dane instead?

Because they didn't know what to do with him without Lexie, IMO. They would've just reattached him to Callie and Arizona.

Also, that was when he was offered that TNT show that he's still on.

Edited by CED9
  • Love 1

I know one or two of Chyler's kids are special needs and the one was sick around this time, so I think that contributed a little. However, I do think she was miffed when Ellen reupped. I'm not even sure why she assumed she'd be the lead were Ellen to leave.

Because they didn't know what to do with him without Lexie, IMO. They would've just reattached him to Callie and Arizona.

Also, that was when he was offered that TNT show that he's still on.

I think so too.

Forgot to add that, if I remember correctly, Shonda's original intention was to send Mark to LA to be with Addie, but the rest of the writers convinced her to off him because A) That last scene with Lexie and B) They didn't want to make him an ass leaving his daughter.

I'm not even sure why she assumed she'd be the lead were Ellen to leave.

From what I can recall: Chyler was asked over and over if she'd be willing to be "the Grey in Grey's Anatomy" if Ellen were to leave and she said she had years left on her contract so yes, she would.  Her even being asked was all prompted by Ellen saying she was going to leave and build houses in Europe followed by her saying no one asked her to come back (yeah right).  I never understood the MerDer fan rage against Chyler for her comments. Her character was named Lexie Grey so obviously her being on the show would allow the show to keep a Grey as titled in the show.

I never had the impression she was upset that Ellen resigned. I remember reading theories that she was pushed out as part of Ellen resigning because Ellen didn't want a spare Grey if she stayed on. I think half the drama around actor exits is fan created. Sometimes people just move on from jobs.

• Love 4

Sometimes people just move on from jobs.

Exactly. She had three small kids and from what I read wasn't getting to spend much time with them due to the demanding hours of filming. She asked for an extended summer hiatus if I recall correctly and then decided to leave. The job is demanding and clearly Chyler didn't feel she could commit in the way the others could and so she opted out and according to interviews gave Shonda a seasons notice. It pretty much plays out the same as Oh's exit only it was kept under wraps.

• Love 4

I never had the impression she was upset that Ellen resigned. I remember reading theories that she was pushed out as part of Ellen resigning because Ellen didn't want a spare Grey if she stayed on. I think half the drama around actor exits is fan created. Sometimes people just move on from jobs.

Ding, ding, ding! Certainly not everyone can always get along or be happy (this is a job just like any other job), but some fans of this show live in a la la land where Shonda is some evil dictator and the cast lives (spitefully) under her iron fist. It really makes me wonder how bored and paranoid people are in real life that they project this stuff onto the actors. Chyler never gave any semblance of ill will, and as many people have said - this is a job, people move on. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

People’s Choice Awards 2016: Favorite Network TV Drama (Grey's Anatomy) & Favorite Dramatic TV Actress (Ellen Pompeo)

I'm so happy for all of them! They deserve it. And congrats to Justin, Sara and Jesse for their  individual acting nominations as well. 

Ellen's speech was great.

Some pictures here.

Edited by Kagomei
  • Love 4

Thanks for the links, kagomei.  I thought it was great that Justin came up after Ellen spoke on behalf of the show to make sure to announce that she won the actress award as well.  Old school Grey's folks, being old school was lovely. 

• Love 5

thanks for sharing Windsprints.  This the most obvious piece of news ever (I had to remind myself at the PCAs that he wasn't a regular), but good for Giacomo.  I like the Maggie/DeLuca relationship so I am glad the writers can continue to pursue it without having to worry about his availability.  

• Love 3

Kevin McKidd Eyes Grey's Anatomy Contract Extension: 'I Don't See Any Reason to Run Away'

Paging Dr. Owen Hunt… there’s some paperwork awaiting your signature.
Kevin McKidd is in negotiations with Grey’s Anatomy to extend his current contract, which is set to expire at the end of the ABC drama’s current 12th season.

Personally, I wouldn't be upset if this doesn't work out, Owen's one of my least favorite characters.  I hope we hear about the other contract negotiations soon.  

• Love 1

Thanks, Kate213. I didn't realize Kevin's contract was up this year along with the others. I hope they settle everyone's early and its not left lingering for the remainder of the season. JMO, but I think its better when the writers don't need to have open-ended season enders in case someone doesn't sign.

• Love 1