Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

Grey's is nominated for SEVERAL People's Choice Awards, including every major drama category: 

Favorite TV Show
The Big Bang Theory
Game of Thrones
Grey's Anatomy
The Voice
The Walking Dead

Favorite Network TV Drama
Empire
Gotham
Grey's Anatomy
How To Get Away With Murder
Scandal

Favorite Dramatic TV Actor
Jesse Williams
Justin Chambers

Scott Foley
Taylor Kinney
Terrence Howard

Favorite Dramatic TV Actress
Ellen Pompeo
Kerry Washington
Sara Ramirez
Taraji P. Henson
Viola Davis

Full list here. I'm especially happy for first-time nominees Sara and Justin. Jesse as well. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 4

this was a great interview.  I'm not a fan of Catherine as a character, but I do love Debbie Allen.  She was very candid in this interview and you can tell she loves the show.  

I agree and her "Child please, I don't know everybody's personal problems" cracked me up.

• Love 1

That was a fun interview. I know the Catherine Avery character is a bit polarizing, and I go back and forth with whether i like her. But I always love Debbie Allen's line readings.

"Jackson, give your mama a kiss; she just bought you a hospital" is one of my favorites.

But in the interview, she said something like, "I was marrying Jim Pickens," and for a second I thought she meant in real life too. And I thought, wouldn't that be cool.

first episode of the season airing against CBS's Big Bang Theory....

Grey's tied Scandal with a 2.3 rating with adults 18-49, and beat Scandal in total viewers (8.49 vs, 8.03).  Murder dropped down to a 1.9.  Grey's didn't beat BBT (obviously) but did grow from a 2.2 at 8pm to a 2.4 at 8:30pm.  GA did beat Life in Pieces, the sitcom that aired at 830p after BBT.  

Grey's was down a tenth both from last week and last week, which is great.  Also there is a chance it can adjust up with the finals.  It was also UP in total viewers versus last year.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2

Tying Scandal is insane. Especially when Grey's was up against The Big Bang Theory. 

Year-to-Year comparisons (for the demo): 

Grey's Anatomy: 2.4 vs 2.3 (-4%)
Scandal: 2.9 vs 2.3 (-21%)
Murder: 2.8 vs 1.9 (-32%)
Bones: 1.3 vs 1.2 (-8%)
TVD: 0.8 vs 0.6 (-25%)

Steady as a rock. If it adjusts up, it will be tied with last year in demo AND up in viewers. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

I'm amazed at how McDreamy's departure seems to have no effect.

Post-S3, the smallest seasonal % drop in the demo is -12%, and season to-date Grey's is at under a 10% drop.

Prelim unrounded demo numbers:

Grey's 2.311

Scandal 2.255

2% lead.

In final rounded numbers, Grey's beats Scandal 2.3 to 2.2. Only the second time in 3 seasons, the other one being the departure.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 4

This is huge: Scandal adjusted down to a 2.2, and Grey's remained at a 2.3

That means Grey's Anatomy is ABCs highest-rated scripted series this week (Modern Family wasn't on.) It's also the highest rated drama in the key demo this week behind only Empire. This show ain't going anywhere. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 5

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't find Henderson beautiful... of course I can't say he's ugly, but I look at him and all I think is 'meh' :(

He's OK, but so was "McDreamy" IMO, ah. My issue is he's short, and it stands out even more in the promo with Hunt standing right by him, towering over him. Still, I like the vibe he brings, and he's manly, rough around the edges, not a pretty boy, which I don't like. He doesn't seem like a little whining pussy cat, but I'm sure Shonda and Co. will destroy that and emasculate him soon enough, ugh. He even comes off tougher than Hunt and when he first arrived in season five, before he was emasculated. The accent is also helpful, I hope they let him keep it. I wasn't too sure he was even trying to conceal it the way Kevin McKidd has to conceal his since his character is from Seattle.

Maybe Henderson's character isn't from the US, maybe his history with Hunt only goes back to their time in service, I hope so, cause I like the accent. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

I was just listening to the radio and they were talking about the new doctor who was 'replacing McDreamy' on Grey's - I didn't realize it until the host said it, but Martin Henderson is the guy from Britney Spears' Toxic video. The cheating boyfriend who she kills at the end lol. I've tried for a long time to figure out where I knew him from because I don't think I've seen any of his movies or past parts... that was it. 

• Love 2

Debbie Allen on Working with Denzel Washington

I like Debbie :)

I saw this entire interview and I died laughing when she said that Patrick Dempsey use to be dancing around the set when she first came on and that Sandra Oh use to sport her Fame t-shirt. Because next to being an  actress/director Debbie Allen was first a dancer/choreographer.  And she's Phylicia Rashad's baby sister.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

He's OK, but so was "McDreamy" IMO, ah. My issue is he's short, and it stands out even more in the promo with Hunt standing right by him, towering over him. Still, I like the vibe he brings, and he's manly, rough around the edges, not a pretty boy, which I don't like. He doesn't seem like a little whining pussy cat, but I'm sure Shonda and Co. will destroy that and emasculate him soon enough, ugh. He even comes off tougher than Hunt and when he first arrived in season five, before he was emasculated. The accent is also helpful, I hope they let him keep it. I wasn't too sure he was even trying to conceal it the way Kevin McKidd has to conceal his since his character is from Seattle.

Maybe Henderson's character isn't from the US, maybe his history with Hunt only goes back to their time in service, I hope so, cause I like the accent. 

I like what you wrote. Compared with Owen in 501,502, he is much tougher, much more manly,I think also acting- wise more powerful.

Yes, I do not like the height difference when standing next to Hunt,it makes you look weaker standing next to a taller person. But I think Nathan will prove to be a man by his action and words. I honestly thought Martin is taller.

My goodness, that was a nice bit of eye candy! Whatever his storyline turns out to be, Henderson definitely fits into the hot-doctor category.

Very true.

Edited by Nobodysfan

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20953103_20966274,00.html

"Intense connection between Mer and Alex" - they are so writing Jo out..

I don't think so, at least not yet. I think the "intense connection" could drive a wedge and even break them up, allowing Shonda to jumble the couples if she chooses to, even if its temporary. For me, Alex and Meredith would be even worse than Gizze, there's never been even a hint of romantic spark in 11 seasons. Given the recycling of story maybe she plans to redo Gizzie, lol. Break out the box of fun.

Joking aside, Alex is my favorite and Meredith is the last one I want him with. If they want to break up Jolex than at least pair Alex with someone who would give a crap about him. If he's stuck with Meredith he'll be the babysitter who is ignored except if its about her. And, he'll be stuck living with the sisters talking about Maggie's vagina. I wouldn't want any character I like paired with Meredith. I'd love them to put she and Owen together and save Alex. It would even give Owen the kids he's always wanted.

ETA:

Grey's Anatomy Casts Life Goes On Dad as a Therapist — But Whose?

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

Post-Mortem with Kevin McKidd

Some excerpts: 

When will we actually get more information?
The audience will definitely get more information next week. We’re going to get more, but not all of it, and not the key elements to it. We’re going to get very enticing hints next week, and hints that people will be able to draw their own conclusions. The actual spelling out of what happens is going to be saved until we come back.

What does their [Amelia / Owen] relationship look like moving forward?
Me and Caterina keep saying, “Wow, we’ve been dating for like three years now, and all we do is hold hands.” [Laughs] They’re the slowest going couple ever. There’s definitely going to be some movement with them, which I’m excited about. I know Caterina is. I like the fact that there really is this slow drawing of them together. They both have had a lot of damage in their pasts. I like the fact that it honors that for both the characters. I love working with her. She’s amazing. The chemistry works really well. We’re going to see a lot more of those two in the back half of the season.

Edited by BaseOps

Grey's is down a tenth but tied with Scandal.  

Last Night:
A18-49 ratings/Total Viewers
Grey's 2.2/7.99 mill (-4% vs. last week in A18-49, -8% vs. last year)
Scandal 2.2/ 7.70 mill (flat vs. last week in A18-49, -31% vs. last year)--
HTGAWM 1.9/6.69  (flat vs. last week in A18-49, -34% vs. last year)

*i had to double check Scandal and Murder a few times and still can't believe how far they've fallen.

• Love 1

Grey's is down a tenth but tied with Scandal.  

Last Night:

A18-49 ratings/Total Viewers

Grey's 2.2/7.99 mill (-4% vs. last week in A18-49, -8% vs. last year)

Scandal 2.2/ 7.70 mill (flat vs. last week in A18-49, -31% vs. last year)--

HTGAWM 1.9/6.69  (flat vs. last week in A18-49, -34% vs. last year)

*i had to double check Scandal and Murder a few times and still can't believe how far they've fallen.

Pretty crazy, right? And Grey's is steady as a rock. Technically it could adjust up in the finals, too. Last week Scandal adjusted down, so who knows. I do love seeing Grey's tying and beating these new, younger shows. 

• Love 2

Grey's Anatomy Casts Life Goes On Dad as a Therapist — But Whose?

This is interesting. I think it's for Meredith, because the actor even tweeted Ellen recently, so I guess he was working with her. My guess is that whatever happens in episode 12x09 leads her to therapy.

I'm pretty certain this is for Meredith.  The actor tweeted Ellen twice something about having a "therapeutic" day.  I wonder what makes her go to counseling/therapy.  Still hoping the wheelchair thing is not what it seems.

• Love 1

After last night I would have guessed he was for Owen. LOL, maybe he can get a group rate since every character could benefit from some therapy.

If he's for Meredith he'll probably address her getting closure on Derek's death paving the way for Meredith/Riggs. Go get your shipper names ready. :)

hmm, seems they've pushed the TGIT return to Feb 11th!  Such a long hiatus!!  :(

ETA: that's almost as long as the summer hiatus...crazy!  Also, there are only 15 weeks from Feb 11th through the end of the season which equals 23 (8+15) so it seems like they will have do at least one two-hour episode and possibly two if its true they ordered 25 episodes this season.  

http://tvline.com/2015/11/16/abc-midseason-schedule-2016-the-catch-tgit/

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11

8 pm Grey’s Anatomy (Winter Premiere)
9 pm Scandal (Winter Premiere)
10 pm How to Get Away With Murder (Winter Premiere)

Edited by Greysaddict

Betsy Beers (Shondaland Exec producer) was on one of my favorite TV related podcasts, KCRW The Spin-off. There are no real spoilers or specific show insights/gossip it's more about personal career, producing, development and TV business stuff but I thought it was an interesting listen. She does talk mostly about Greys when talking about the shows.

Here's the link but you can also download on iTunes or other podcast apps.

http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/the-spin-off

• Love 3

Patrick Dump-sey! Former Grey's Anatomy star Dempsey hides behind shades as rumors fly it was his character Shonda Rhimes killed off out of spite

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3318137/Patrick-Dump-sey-Former-Grey-s-Anatomy-star-Dempsey-hides-shades-rumors-fly-character-Shonda-Rhimes-killed-spite.html

Could be, but I think its more likely to be someone like Nora Zehtener who's character was literally shot point blank between the eyes with no fanfare or Intern Charles in the same season who's death was all about Bailey. SR may have had disagreements with PD in the run up to his exit but at one point she really seemed to adore him.

t

• Love 1