Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

Do we have any confirmation of when the fall finale will be this year? 

We don't know yet, but I think most people are assuming episode 12x08 will be the mid-season finale because we had the winter hiatus after episode 11x08 (Nov. 20) last year.

Are they going to line up all the TGIT show winter finales? Asking because on the 29th there's no new Grey's,but there's a new Scandal and HTGAWM.

Hmm. It'd be odd for them not to, unless maybe Grey's is a 2-hour mid-season finale and Scandal will be on at 10? They could end HTGAWM a week early, saving an extra episode for the spring. Grey's has 25 episodes this year, I believe. Which is a lot. I think Scandal remains at 22 and HTGAWM at 15, so once HTGAWM ends they'll put on The Catch. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

i have a teeny bit of information that says all three shows will have their fall finales on November 19th, which is episode 8 for GA and 9 for Scandal and HTGAWM. They are all set to return on Jan 28th.  Murder ends onMarch 3rd and The Catch starts on March 10th.  Grey's, Scandal and The Catch finales are scheduled for May 19th, so they must be planing on skipping some Scandal weeks somewhere since Grey's does have more episodes than Scandal.  That does equate to 25 episodes for Grey's, if there are no other preemption.  However, this is all subject to change so don't take anything I say for 100% accurate

• Love 2
Grey's, Scandal and The Catch finales are scheduled for May 19th

I think the season finales are actually scheduled for May 12th. So there may be a 2 hour Grey's episode sometime this season. But I've also heard that Grey's is 24 episodes and not the rumored 25, so who really knows for sure until there are official announcements.

We finally get to find out a bit more about that for Stephanie in episode four when we really delve into who she is and find out where she comes from — and how that informs all of her quirks that she has today.

Wow, finally! Took them long enough.

• Love 1

Is there a definite feud though?

I think that the only people who put stock into this "feud" are the fans.  According to everything I've read, Patrick Dempsey is happy to be off of Grey's and racing and the majority of the cast isn't missing him.  Everybody wins.

• Love 2

Grey's went up in viewers and stayed steady in the demo this week. Another 2.2 demo with 8.18 million viewers (pending adjustments).

Scandal is down to a 2.3, and HTGAWM a 2.0. Grey's is incredibly steady, ABC and the cast should be thrilled.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/ratings-news-16th-october-2015.html

Wow, Scandal has really dropped. I was wondering how Grey's would do since this has been a bad week for ratings, but it's steady as a rock. Edited by Evie

Its consistency is impressive. Grey's Anatomy Season 25 - Zola Grey Shepherd's first day at SGM.

Joined by a mysterious new intern who turns out to be Alex's baby with Izzie that she secretly made with her fertilized eggs. 

• Love 4

Just throwing this out there; Grey's is currently the 4th highest rated drama on broadcast in the demo. Currently it's behind only; Empire, Blindspot, and Scandal. At the rate of Scandal's declines, Grey's very well may become ABC's most-watched drama again. Even if that doesn't happen, these numbers are beyond impressive. 

• Love 3

Grey's adjusted up in the finals to a 2.3, meaning it grew in the demo from last week. 8.25 million total viewers. 

Scandal adjusted to a 2.4, with 8.06 million viewers. So in actual viewership, Grey's topped the night. 

Edited to add: That number means Grey's is down less than 5% from it's demo at this time last year. Most other shows are declining between 15 - 30%. It's also one of the only shows to grow from week-to-week. 

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-thursday_16.html

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

Grey's adjusted up in the finals to a 2.3, meaning it grew in the demo from last week. 8.25 million total viewers. 

Scandal adjusted to a 2.4, with 8.06 million viewers. So in actual viewership, Grey's topped the night. 

Edited to add: That number means Grey's is down less than 5% from it's demo at this time last year. Most other shows are declining between 15 - 30%. It's also one of the only shows to grow from week-to-week. 

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-thursday_16.html

Interesting.  This is the first time this year that Grey's beat Scandal in total viewers.  Very interesting because since Scandal was higher with A18-49 it means Grey's had an increase in older viewers.  I can't wait to see if Grey's beats Scandal next week.  With the 250th, plus cliffhanger its definitely possible.

*looking quickly i think the last time GA beat Scandal in total viewers was Oct 18th 2012.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

Interesting.  This is the first time this year that Grey's beat Scandal in total viewers.  Very interesting because since Scandal was higher with A18-49 it means Grey's had an increase in older viewers.  I can't wait to see if Grey's beats Scandal next week.  With the 250th, plus cliffhanger its definitely possible.

*looking quickly i think the last time GA beat Scandal in total viewers was Oct 18th 2012.

They were actually beating Scandal in total viewers at the end of last season, starting with the episode where Derek died. 

Greys Vs. Scandal: 

9.55 / 7.79

8.74 / -- 

7.74 / 7.44

8.33 / 8.08

Grey's really is impressive. If you think about the shows it debuted with-(ish) Desperate Housewives, LOST, Ugly Betty, House and others. All well regarded shows but all ended a few years ago. Of course if ABC had had other successes more recently then GA might have been cancelled sooner but they didn't and a show as old as GA matching and almost matching its creator's later "hits" week for week in a supposedly "dead" time slot is mindblowing for me because I originally had this dying at S8 or 9. Not sure where Scandal stands anymore but GA is certainly more clickbait worthy than HTGAWM.

• Love 1

With how quickly Scandal and Blindspot are falling, it'll be a major laugh if this is back to being network TV's #2 drama.

Of course if ABC had had other successes more recently then GA might have been cancelled sooner

No.

Based on SpottedRatings' look at ratings from each season, the worst the show ever did was 42% better than the average network show. Networks don't tend to want to end dramas that are so high above average, regardless of having "had other successes more recently." I have never heard a single non-crazy/hater think that Grey had any chance of cancellation.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 3

With how quickly Scandal and Blindspot are falling, it'll be a major laugh if this is back to being network TV's #2 drama.

No.

Based on SpottedRatings' look at ratings from each season, the worst the show ever did was 42% better than the average network show. Networks don't tend to want to end dramas that are so high above average, regardless of having "had other successes more recently." I have never heard a single non-crazy/hater think that Grey had any chance of cancellation.

This. Not by the longest stretch of the imagination would ABC have ever thought of cancelling Grey's. It will be in Shonda and Ellen's hands. Grey's has been so insanely stable in a landscape of constant declines on broadcast. The fact that in its 12th season its still top 10 is crazy, let alone top 5 for all broadcast dramas. Around the end of S8 there was a lot of buzz that the show might end, but that was only because of contract speculation for Ellen / Patrick.

• Love 2

At some point, I think Shonda is just going to own ABC outright, from the latest:

For Shondaland, Still Star-Crossed marks the company's fourth sale this development season -- all at ABC. The network has also picked up a script for a brides of Christ drama; an Army medical soap set in Baghdad from Grey's Anatomy's Zoanne Clack as well as Splitsville, a divorce comedy from the creators of Trophy Wife.

Still Star-Crossed becomes the latest Shondaland project to reunite Rhimes with one of her disciples. Sophomore drama How to Get Away With Murder was created by Pete Nowalk and alum Jenna Bans has ABC drama The Family due midseason. Rhimes' Shondaland next has The Catch, also due midseason, which was developed by Jennifer Schuur and is now overseen by Grey's Anatomy and Scandal veteran Allan Heinberg.

Last night's ratings were up one tenth to a 2.4 (2.3 last week) with A18-49 and 8.95 million total viewers.  Last year 11x05 had a 2.5 rating and 8.6 million viewers, so up in viewers and really close in A18-49, which is fantastic.  Also the highest rated episode except for the premiere this year.  

Scandal last night was a 2.5, HTGAWM was a 2.0

• Love 2

There's a chance it could adjust up in the finals too, as it has the past few weeks. But even staying at a 2.4 is incredible; up from last week & trumping basically everything on TV except for a handful of shows. Well deserved for that episode. 

Some interesting year-to-year comparisons for Thursday night shows: 

Grey's Anatomy: 2.5 vs 2.4 (-4%)
Scandal: 3.0 vs 2.5 (-17%)
Murder: 3.0 vs 2.0 (-33%)
TVD: 0.8 vs 0.5 (-37%)

Grey's has the smallest decline by miles. It's also now ahead of Blindspot in the demo, making it the 3rd highest rated drama on broadcast TV AND the 5th highest rated scripted series on broadcast, behind Empire, BBT, Modern Family and Scandal. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

An interview with Joe Adler, who plays Isaac Cross (the blonde intern with a crush on Jo). There's actually some pretty interesting stuff about how they hired the new interns, how they keep them around, etc. He seems pretty funny and definitely very happy to be part of the set. He has nothing but praise. 

This cast really welcomes these new interns with open arms, you never know what you’re going to get when you step onto a show like this. For one, they’ve all been together for 11 years. For two, there’s so many series regulars that sometimes there’s ego involved. I really haven’t any of that on Grey’s, everyone has been so cool and so nice, and happy to be there, and making me feel welcome. I’m stoked when I show up to work with these guys, they’re all awesome honestly.

There’s slight development with my crush, that’s pretty obvious, that I’ve got. Other than that I can’t really say too much. There’s some drama coming up. This episode we’re shooting right now is with Denzel Washington. That’s so cool, like unbelievably cool to have him on set. Whoever thought that when I did my horrible self-tape of an audition from Coachella, that a few months later I’d be on set working with Denzel freaking Washington. That’s pretty cool.

In this last episode with Denzel, I have this huge medical jargon of a speech, but then the irony is you’re not going to hear a word of it because while I start speaking, Meredith has a voice-over. I put all this hard work into memorizing this giant thing, and also it’s for Denzel, I don’t want to screw up in front of Denzel. I worked my tail off to get this speech together, and then they’re not going to use any of it. The scene’s not really about me so I get it, but Denzel was cool, he’s like, “Oh that guy’s been working his ass off, let’s get him some coverage.” They gave me a little coverage, so hopefully there’s a take somewhere. Maybe they can send it to me so I can just throw it on my reel as a skill set of mine.
Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

I don't think anything much will happen with Jo and Cross.  The actors usually make more of their storyline than we see (either because stuff gets cut or because they are given such crumbs that they have to inflate it to make it worth talking about), so the fact that he says says slight development means that he will gaze at her across the room or something.

• Love 2

Don't shoot me, but I really enjoyed that.  They both seem to have a real handle on the characters they play.  And I was taken aback by how really pretty they both are ... I didn't seem to notice that on the show so much.  Not that it's indicative of anything, just something I noticed.  Thanks for posting that.

Yea, I don't understand the fans who take things out on the cast. They're doing their jobs, and of course they're all happy to be part of this show. I really hate Amelia, and I don't think Scorsone is a great actress, but I don't dislike her. She seems funny, and the rest of the cast obviously gets along with her - obviously Shonda had a good experience working with her for years on PP (we all know about her "no assholes" policy when it comes to hiring post-Heigl). Same with Jerrika... I've seen people even on this forum trash the actress personally, make remarks about her instagram posts, etc... she's an actress doing her job. I actually think she does a fine job on the show, I just don't personally care much for the character. 

• Love 4

She was around 1 (I think) when they adopted her in S7.  With the time jumps I think she should be 6.5 - 7 and Bailey should be around 3.

Actually, she turned 1 in S8, but I think you're right about her age. Zola is 6/7, Bailey is almost 3 and baby Ellis is around 6 months old.

#PrayForMeredithsKids haha

Edited by Kagomei
  • Love 1

#Pray4MeredithsKids

LOL, I absolutely love it. This is hilarious.

And wondering what Ellis looks like, yes, that's why I posted asking if anyone had ever seen her because I can't even remember having seen her to know what she looks like. At least I've seen Zola and Bailey, well at least his hair when he looked like he was two or three years old playing in the sand. But I couldn't remember anything about Ellis until someone posted when she had been shown in the past, but I still don't have a visual of her, maybe just the top of her head in Amelia's arms.'

And just to note, the girl who played Zola when Mer went away after Derek died, looked a lot taller and even a bit darker in complexion than the girl she took to the hospital when Derek was on his death bed. 

I remember the girl who was at the beach with Meredith, she looked taller and older even though she was laying down. She was speaking to Meredith about missing her daddy as if she were about eight years old to me.

Edited by represent