Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I just do not find Nathan a villain like Hunt makes him to be with his self-righteous speeches - like he is the worst human of all.

Somebody who flies in a kid such a long distance with the aim to help the kid can´t be a bad human.

Also his whole demeanor, he seems a very cordial, nice man.

Hunt holds a grudge,as always.

Jimmy Saville* raised lots of money for children's charities and had a TV show to make their dreams come true. Being nice to children is not always a guarantee of a good person.

Jimmy Saville, British TV host/DJ and now known child abuser and necrophiliac.

• Love 3

Jimmy Saville* raised lots of money for children's charities and had a TV show to make their dreams come true. Being nice to children is not always a guarantee of a good person.

Jimmy Saville, British TV host/DJ and now known child abuser and necrophiliac.

You scare me.

I am just saying the vibe he gives me  is that of a nice,cordial,friendly guy. 

Edited by Nobodysfan

12x10 is called "All I Want Is You", airing on 2/4/16.  I wonder if it's a Valentine's Day episode?  Even though it would make more sense to be the following week.  I hope with that title we get some forward movement on either Japril or Jolex.

*I kind of like the pace they are taking with Japril because it's not a one and done issue but it would be nice to see something more for them.  They almost seem (for lack of a better comparison) like the "new" MerDer where their relationship issues takes place throughout the entire season/  

Edited by Greysaddict

From Entertainment Weekly: 

Is there anything you can tease about how Riggs and Owen are connected on Grey’s Anatomy? — Thomas
We’ll get much more information next week when another familiar face from Owen’s past pops up — but I have to stay somewhat vague about this one, sorry! “It’s interesting because Riggs is connected to Owen’s past,” Kevin McKidd says. “So it means that

is involved in that, so a lot of interesting things come up when

bumps into a certain person from her past, too.”

Owen's mother? Her boyfriend is in the next episode, right? Is this guy Owen's brother? Step-brother? His mom's ex? Lol

Edited by BaseOps

So, it seems Debra Mooney is also back for 1208 then.

Is Nathan Owen´s half-brother?  I speculated earlier,he might be but on Owen´s father´s side,as immarital child,but Nathan could also be Owen´s mother´s second son whom she had with another man.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Does anyone else think Martin Hendersen's character might be a love interest for Meredith?? It might be too soon. And who knows what Shonda might be planning.

I do.  If we compare last season with Owen - they started  OA thing in 1107, then it was 1112 when they first kissed. Just comparing.

Starscream said:
Meredith has to be that way for their sexual tension to evolve in future episodes.

How do you both think it will unfold? Seeds have already been sown in that elevator.

In promos we see Meredith yelling at him, then they are operating together,then for a change Owen is yelling at him to leave the OR,which I believe he will not, then Owen punches him after the surgery.

I´d rather ask who the hell is Owen to tell Nathan to scrub out when Nathan is amidst what looks like a demanding surgery, fully concentrated on the work and patient, and Hunt only distracts him because of his personal crap.Owen is the epitome of everything that is or can be unprofessional at work.

I wonder why Meredith tells him  who the hell he thinks he is, or that he is out of control. However, it seems he is just doing his job. Nathan looks quite puzzled.

We see anger from Meredith but we do not know how he reacts. Will Nathan just ignore her and do his job?

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

Do we even know if Nathan and Owen are old Army buddies or... maybe childhood/college friends? Because if I had to bet, I would say something along the lines of Nathan being responsible for Owen's sister death. Sure Owen having an unknown dead sibling nobody heard about  until now is pure Grey's. The creepy firefighter is back right? That means Owen's mom is probably back, so...

Edited by AndreaMarcy
  • Love 1

Do we even know if Nathan and Owen are old Army buddies or... maybe childhood/college friends? Because if I had to bet, I would say something along the lines of Nathan being responsible for Owen's sister death. Sure Owen having an unknown dead sibling nobody heard about  until now is pure Grey's. The creepy firefighter is back right? That means Owen's mom is probably back, so...

Might be possible, this is very possible, they do not have to be only army buddies.

Nathan did actually say he was born in New Zealand but then his family moved to Seattle. "Seattle when I was 7, then med school, fellowship." So he and Hunt can be childhood or college friends, or even army buddies as well.

Your speculation is interesting. If Owen´s mum comes and sees Nathan, she must know him,too,if her new boyfriend is hurt, she comes to see him, then she meets Nathan there and will recognise him.

It was never clearly stated whether Owen is an only child or his sibling is dead.

Also Owen saying I can´t find her when he was alone refers to a woman. So maybe it is his sister who was dating Nathan who might have died for a reason and Hunt blames Nathan for her death. Maybe she died in a fire.

Why creepy fireghter? I find him actually quite nice. Don´t you?

Edited by Nobodysfan

Any predictions for tomorrow night?  I have two:

Jo breaks up with Alex and then we see that Alex was going to propose (Grey's tweeted out a ring emoji as part of the tease)

April gets pregnant from her last tangle with Jackson (that may not happen in the finale, but I bet they will go there)

ETA -

think there's a very clear theme here - Jo complaining about how Meredith treats her, Amelia going off on Meredith... we know that 12x09 is a big episode (Meredith in every scene.) I'm wondering if Meredith maybe isn't injured, but has a breakdown of some sort. Or it could be both. But I definitely think she's going to have some kind of breakdown and then a breakthrough. Amelia also gave a big rude speech to Meredith right before Derek died..

You may be right.  She is not Callie's favorite person right now either, and Alex may give her a hard time for being bitchy to Jo (please!).  That would also figure in the therapist that is coming on the show.  That may cause her to deal with her grief in order to make way for the Kiwi.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 2

Jo breaks up with Alex and then we see that Alex was going to propose (Grey's tweeted out a ring emoji as part of the tease)

April gets pregnant from her last tangle with Jackson (that may not happen in the finale, but I bet they will go there)

I just posted this in the Media thread based on the latest preview - but I think Meredith is going to have a breakdown of some sort in the finale. We know she's in every scene of the first episode back, and both previews so far are sharing a theme: Jo is mad at Alex about how Meredith treats her, and Amelia unloads on Meredith. So maybe she doesn't get injured but has a breakdown. Or perhaps her breakdown leads to an injury. But I'm expecting some big arc for her here, a culmination of Derek's death and everything since. We'll see. 

• Love 1

ETA -

You may be right.  She is not Callie's favorite person right now either, and Alex may give her a hard time for being bitchy to Jo (please!).  That would also figure in the therapist that is coming on the show.  That may cause her to deal with her grief in order to make way for the Kiwi.

Yes,Meredith is in a difficult position - Amelia, Callie, Penny,Jo - a lot to take actually. Hence the therapist is needed. I think those will be awesome scenes.

Can we say McKiwi? Are there any New Zealanders on the forum? Is it ok? Not offensive to anyone?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2569188/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t6

Hunt´s sister? Might she be? Will we see her in a flashback?

Edited by Nobodysfan

12x10 is called "All I Want Is You", airing on 2/4/16. I wonder if it's a Valentine's Day episode? Even though it would make more sense to be the following week.

I could have sworn that they said they were back on February 11th right after the show tonight?

Edited by missbonnie
Eolivet said:
And I agree with everyone who says Riggs is Owen's former brother-in-law. The dead spouse will connect him to Meredith, and be a good second relationship for them both -- whenever they get there.

Actually I believe this could be a very nice lovestory, the only realistic way Meredith can fall in love again,even Nathan most likely lost his spouse - it remains to be seen how much he was involved in her death whether it was a car accident while he was the driver or even euthanasia comes to my mind if she was terminally ill and he agreed to end her life upon her wish maybe.

I wonder how much Meredith knows from Mrs Hunt - how much she told her, whether she knows everything or not. Or only she told her that Owen had a sister and she was married/engaged?? to Riggs. I saw how quickly Evelyn´s eyes filled with tears when she saw Nathan, and the lovely warm-hearted embrace she gave him .She must love him a lot and vice versa. They must have a close bond.

What do yo think Eolivet? I have always liked your predictions.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, Blacklist, Grey's Anatomy and more

Will we see more scenes between Mer and Riggs on Grey’s Anatomy? — Amanda

In light of Meredith’s discovery about Owen’s sister, any scenes between them will be fraught with even more tension. “There’s definitely some stuff where Meredith and Riggs butt heads,” Martin Henderson tells me. “He starts pushing back and starts getting quite frustrated with her and tempers start to flair. That starts to then threaten their ability to do their job and actually take care of their patients because of all the infighting. It becomes a sticky situation all around.”

Welcome to SGM where new doctors are screeched at by Dr. Grey. Not surprising, look at Penny. At least Perfect Penny had a direct connection to her life unlike Riggs. Snooze, hate turning to widower/widow love connection is playing out like paint by numbers.

Well, now that is an interesting idea.  Noodling with it further, on the one hand, we have Amelia/Owen who have lost siblings and think that their grief and angst trumps that of the surviving spouse, and on the other hand, we have Meredith/Nathan who have made difficult choices at the end of their respective spouses lives made in a way that upsets another family member.  And yet, by having Meredith/Owen paired up for now (I'm assuming in a platonic relationship), Meredith begins to understand Amelia's grief (and Owen starts to understand Nathan's); and by putting Amelia/Nathan in a relationship, based on the last scene of the last episode (what type unknown at this point), she begins to understand Meredith's pain (and Nathan can begin to see Owen's).  Once they are each outside of their own internal situations, they gain perspective that they couldn't otherwise in their own family issues.

How clever (I'm not sure that's the right word) if it plays out this way.  

Edited by pennben
  • Love 5

Snooze, hate turning to widower/widow love connection is playing out like paint by numbers.

Ugh, I really really hope when/if Meredith/Riggs happens they can at least make it interesting and not boring and Brady Bunch-y.

(I like your version pennben)

On to another thought...does anyone have thoughts on what will happen in the feb premiere? Before last week I would have sworn on my life that ep9 (the premiere) was going to be a conclusion of a major cliffhanger but there really wasn't one. So, I'm super curious what the premiere will be. It's the episode that was directed by Denzel Washington and that wheelchair clip.

Edited by Greysaddict

Well, now that is an interesting idea.  Noodling with it further, on the one hand, we have Amelia/Owen who have lost siblings and think that their grief and angst trumps that of the surviving spouse, and on the other hand, we have Meredith/Nathan who have made difficult choices at the end of their respective spouses lives made in a way that upsets another family member.  And yet, by having Meredith/Owen paired up for now (I'm assuming in a platonic relationship), Meredith begins to understand Amelia's grief (and Owen starts to understand Nathan's); and by putting Amelia/Nathan in a relationship, based on the last scene of the last episode (what type unknown at this point), she begins to understand Meredith's pain (and Nathan can begin to see Owen's).  Once they are each outside of their own internal situations, they gain perspective that they couldn't otherwise in their own family issues.

How clever (I'm not sure that's the right word) if it plays out this way.  

Interesting comparison. 

It is clever and it seems a natural thing to do on the process of healing.

I think Meredith and Nathan are the mature ones though.

The only thing I do not want to see is screentime wasted on Amelia´s addiction issues which I believe is what is going to happen,and of course saviour Owen will help her and they move in together,bla,bla,bla.

Ugh, I really really hope when/if Meredith/Riggs happens they can at least make it interesting and not boring and Brady Bunch-y.  

I predict Nathan will do something really challenging for Meredith´s kids, maybe one of them will get into peril,emergency of some sort,and he will save her/him,I think this would be  a nice start and it would make Meredith soften up to him. She would see there is no reason to hate him,but my prediction seems out of reality because Meredith´s kids are non-existent at this point on screen.

Nobodysfan could be on to something with the assisted suicide thing....remember how much Owen freaked out when Teddy tried to help her patient end her life?

I think it must be something like that. Nathan strikes me as a person similar to Teddy in this regard.

I remember I liked the episode so much back in season 6. I can´t remember the actress´s name the one who played the patient, she was honestly perfect.

--- I have found her name - Sara Gilbert. Also the husband was so great, it is true that many times guest stars give more powerful performances than regular cast.

It would be great to see a flashback about what happened in Hunt´s family with Nathan and his wife. I think the couple was childless though.

Edited by Nobodysfan
Snooze, hate turning to widower/widow love connection is playing out like paint by numbers.

I disagree, only because Meredith is a pretty tall order for a single guy: a widow with three young children, including a baby -- and a woman who probably has little to no interest in having any other children because of her age and career (speculation, but I could see it). Also, with a career that keeps her occupied nearly 24/7, and the pack of strays she keeps hosting in her home -- mostly family members.

I could see a single guy turning tail and running from that like crazy, but a widower who lost his wife before they had kids? An insta-family could be very appealing.

I also don't think predictable necessarily has to be bad. If it's done well, I could see it working.

Nobodyfan, you're too kind. I like the idea pennben had about Meredith and Riggs having to "go through" Owen and Amelia (platonically or not) to sort of develop a deeper understanding of each other. It's cases like this where I think Greys' "quasi-incestuous" nature works well -- where you get a chance to pool everyone's issues, so to speak, and help others with their healing, as you heal, too (romantically or otherwise).

Man, I was so skeptical of Riggs when he was on the episode with April. Sarah Drew is fine, but I should've known to wait for his interaction with Pompeo to make my decision. Shonda  knows what she's doing (generally) when it comes to romantic pairings on this show. Really can't wait to see where this goes.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 1

Yes, Pennben´s idea seems quite realistic.

BTW, I  counted the number of episodes, and if they go with 24 as was announced, it goes  back on 11 February, so from then on they MUST air an episode each week with no break,if they finish as always on the 3rd week of May, they must finish with a two-hour finale - 23,24.

What will we do in the next 3 months? Such a long hiatus,I hope there will be some spoilers at least to speculate about. Why couldn´t they have aired at least one or two episodes in December or come back at the end of January?

Edited by Nobodysfan

I'm just throwing this out there, but my speculation about Riggs is that he's been shown as kind of misogynistic (I think that's the right word, not really respecting the female doctors, even his boss Maggie) and he emotionally abused Owen's sister until she killed herself. She confided in Owen, but he was away in the army and couldn't save her. She never told her mother, so she still likes him. I'm going with this speculation, because Owen is way too angry for it to be much less. Kind of out in left field speculation, but that's where I like to hang out.

I'm just throwing this out there, but my speculation about Riggs is that he's been shown as kind of misogynistic (I think that's the right word, not really respecting the female doctors, even his boss Maggie) and he emotionally abused Owen's sister until she killed herself. She confided in Owen, but he was away in the army and couldn't save her. She never told her mother, so she still likes him. I'm going with this speculation, because Owen is way too angry for it to be much less. Kind of out in left field speculation, but that's where I like to hang out.

I reaaaallly don't think they'd make it something where Riggs would come off that bad. And I don't think he's been shown to be misogynistic at all, not even close. He had no issue working with Maggie, she was the one who got upset that he had been hired without her knowledge and pushed him away. He was more than happy to work with her (and Meredith) despite their issues with him. He, in fact, knew a lot about Maggie and seemed happy to be working with her. I certainly don't think the story will be one of emotional abuse, I doubt they'd introduce the character that way. There'd be zero chance of the audience rooting for him after that. 

• Love 6

But I could see a variation of that scenario, where the sister was depressed or otherwise troubled, and Owen felt like Riggs either directly or indirectly contributed to her death -- by not seeing the signs or not taking it seriously enough. I agree that it's got to be something huge for Owen to be this angry. 

• Love 1

Owen always makes things about himself like Amelia. He always makes a mountain out of a molehill.

It seems to me the way he punched him after Nathan told him he talked to ma and it was also his family it is like Hunt got truly pissed at him and he claims ownership over his family and does not allow his brother-in-law who Nathan most likely is to share this bond,too.

Hunt has always been selfish. Regardless of what happened to the sister, Nathan is still a member of their family which Mrs Hunt acknowledges.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

I reaaaallly don't think they'd make it something where Riggs would come off that bad. 

Agreed. There's no way it turns out he was actually responsible for her death. Regardless of whether he's going to hook up with Meredith eventually (which would obviously make it impossible for him to be the bad guy), I don't think the show would bring in a regular with such a dark history.

I could see it be the assisted suicide thing, where the mother is understanding but Owen is not. Or maybe him choosing to honour her wish not to go along with further treatment in a case of terminal illness, while Owen believes that there's more that could have been done.

Edited by Joana

I believe it will be Hunt who will come out of this as the one who was wrong and blamed Nathan for something which was not justified.

I don't think it has to be so black and white. There are tons of scenarios on this show where I understand both sides, whether I agree or not. If, for example, it was something like assisted suicide, I could see why Owen would hate Riggs. It's a controversial topic and people have wildly different views on it. I'm eager to see how the story unfolds if only because I'm sure the writers won't want to paint either of them as a 'bad guy', so it's bound to be something complicated. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

I agree that I don't see Riggs as being any sort of abuser (although that could be incredibly interesting if he weren't a regular already).  But I am a bit pessimistic that it's going to be something interesting and am expecting something lame and it's just Owen over (re) acting.  I hope the show proves me wrong though.

Side note- I, and i think, most other heard "I didn't know you had a sister" but the graphic thing that Grey's twitter posted says "have".  Typo or is Owen's sister still alive?

https://twitter.com/GreysABC/status/668458931719708672

• Love 1

I think Greys twitter has it totally wrong. In the Greys Anatomy subtitles for this episode the line Meredith says is : 

00:41:50,990 --> 00:41:52,658

You never told me you had a sister. 

I don't think it has to be so black and white. There are tons of scenarios on this show where I understand both sides, whether I agree or not. If, for example, it was something like assisted suicide, I could see why Owen would hate Riggs. It's a controversial topic and people have wildly different views on it. I'm eager to see how the story unfolds if only because I'm sure the writers won't want to paint either of them as a 'bad guy', so it's bound to be something complicated. 

True, but I personally feel I will side with Nathan.

Edited by Nobodysfan

True, but I personally feel I will side with Nathan.

Of course, people will definitely take sides. That's the nature of this kind of show (especially when, for instance, someone like you already doesn't like Owen.) I'm sure I'll agree with one more than the other, but I think either way, the writers won't want whatever happened to be so horrible that it would negatively impact the audience's perception of either of the characters. It seems mostly likely to me that Owen will somehow blame Riggs for his sisters death. 

• Love 3

I agree BaseOps.

Though I would like to see Nathan´s point of view at first, because I think  he is in much more pain than Owen,just not showing it on the outside,

it´s more of a quiet pain I would say in his case.

Edited by Nobodysfan
It seems to me the way he punched him after Nathan told him he talked to ma and it was also his family it is like Hunt got truly pissed at him and he claims ownership over his family and does not allow his brother-in-law who Nathan most likely is to share this bond,too.

Hunt has always been selfish. Regardless of what happened to the sister, Nathan is still a member of their family which Mrs Hunt acknowledges.

This showed how much alike Meredith and Owen are, moreso than Owen and Amelia. Owen's sister is presumably dead and Owen doesn't see him as part of the family. Meredith tells Amelia "you're not my sister. You're Derek's sister and Derek is gone"; telling her she's not part of Meredith's family. Owen ignores that his mother seems to consider Nathan family, Meredith ignores that Amelia is an aunt to her children and connection to their father. They also are both very loyal to Cristina and she left a big hole in both their lives. 

I wish it would be something complicated and interesting but I don't think it will be. Owen and Meredith are being set up to have similar views of Amelia and Nathan. In the end I think it all leads to Owen will being closer to Amelia and Meredith finds love again with Nathan. I can't see Nathan being an abuser or anything even slightly controversial or dark. He will be a good guy/hero like character if he is to be paired with Meredith. I would not be shocked if he did something heroic followed by Meredith seeing him in a new light. I'd prefer he not be paired up with Meredith and had an interesting story so I would love to be wrong.

• Love 2

This showed how much alike Meredith and Owen are, moreso than Owen and Amelia. Owen's sister is presumably dead and Owen doesn't see him as part of the family. Meredith tells Amelia "you're not my sister. You're Derek's sister and Derek is gone"; telling her she's not part of Meredith's family. Owen ignores that his mother seems to consider Nathan family, Meredith ignores that Amelia is an aunt to her children and connection to their father. They also are both very loyal to Cristina and she left a big hole in both their lives. 

I wish it would be something complicated and interesting but I don't think it will be. Owen and Meredith are being set up to have similar views of Amelia and Nathan. In the end I think it all leads to Owen will being closer to Amelia and Meredith finds love again with Nathan. I can't see Nathan being an abuser or anything even slightly controversial or dark. He will be a good guy/hero like character if he is to be paired with Meredith. I would not be shocked if he did something heroic followed by Meredith seeing him in a new light. I'd prefer he not be paired up with Meredith and had an interesting story so I would love to be wrong.

I have mentioned a similar idea,too. I think it will have something to do with Meredith´s kids - he will save one if not all of them from some kind of danger.

What I meant is awful selfishness both Owen and Amelia are typical of and have in common. Me,myself and I is their mojo.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Random (probably very unpopular) opinion: Jackson should dump April and hookup with Callie or Meredith. I actually think Jesse has great onscreen chemistry with both Sara and Ellen. The pairings lately have been so predictable, and I'd be down for some kind of big shakeup in the back-half of this season. I could see him dumping April then having drinks with either Callie or Meredith after a tough case, and then they end up sleeping together. It could just be sex, even a one-time thing. But I'm sick of seeing Jackson tied to stories with April, and I want to see a real shakeup soon for Meredith and/or Callie. 

• Love 2

I could definitely see something happening with Callie; even though Meredith isn't April's biggest fan, I have a hard time imagining her going there. I'm really hoping Callie dumps the duller-than-dishwater, and incredibly irritating, Penny (who then disappears into the Erika Hahn parking lot of no return), and finds someone with a personality and a facial expression or two.

While I like Jackson and April together, I wouldn't be totally opposed to a Jackson/Callie hookup.

• Love 2

I'm afraid that April's and Jackson's storyline will be a repeat of Callie/Arizona needless drama that drags on for much too long. They get back together and pretend to be fine only to have a huge bunch of issues beneath the surface that pop out all the time. 

Just like Callie and Arizona should have either separated after the plane crash or found a way to pull through their problems, the shows needs to decide what it's going to do with these two ASAP. 

• Love 2

there is a therapist that was cast for episode 10 I believe, I am assuming now that its for Japril.  Also someone posted a BTS pic of Sarah and Jesse filiming on location (for ep 11), and Sarah is back in April's wedding dress and Jesse cut his hair ( I assume to match his hair during the wedding). I assume we are getting a flashback to their wedding. Whether the outcome will be different then Callie and Arizona who knows.

Edited by aprilbabe
  • Love 2

I think a shakeup in relationships could be good for the show and i hope we see either a shakeup or a forward movement for the current couples (Jolex, Japril, Omelia).  I could be down with a Callie/Jackson pairing at least for a fun fling or something.  we heard so much from Callie last season about being bisexual, I was expecting to see her hook up with a man.  At this point I'm team "anyone but Penny" for Callie.  

I know Meredith and Jackson have no familial relationship whatsoever but I see them as brother/sister-ish and think a hookup would be weird.  Whoever Meredith does hookup with first I hope it doesn't turn serious right away.  It's never going to happen but I would l like Meredith to be with someone who is not a surgeon but has a reason to be at the hospital often, sort of like Finn.  I know Finn was a Vet and had no need to be at hospital but i'd like to see someone who is around often but not a full time surgeon at GSMH.  Maybe just a regular doctor like the practice Alex worked for.  I know she's pretty much telegraphed to be with Riggs so this is probably not going to happen.  

I also would like to see Amelia hook up with Riggs this season and shakeup her Owen.  

there is a therapist that was cast for episode 10 I believe, I am assuming now that its for Japril.  Also someone posted a BTS pic of Sarah and Jesse filiming on location (for ep 11), and Sarah is back in April's wedding dress and Jesse cut his hair ( I assume to match his hair during the wedding). I assume we are getting a flashback to their wedding. Whether the outcome will be different then Callie and Arizona who knows.

I am pretty sure the therapist is for Meredith since the actor who is playing the part tweeted Ellen Pompeo twice about having a "therapeutic day".  God knows basically the entire hospital needs a therapist so it could really be for anyone.  But, I did see the BTS pic of Sarah and Jesse you are talking about... i'm definitely interested in seeing where that leads!

Edited by Greysaddict
It's never going to happen but I would l like Meredith to be with someone who is not a surgeon but has a reason to be at the hospital often, sort of like Finn.  I know Finn was a Vet and had no need to be at hospital but i'd like to see someone who is around often but not a full time surgeon at GSMH.  Maybe just a regular doctor like the practice Alex worked for.  I know she's pretty much telegraphed to be with Riggs so this is probably not going to happen.

I've wished this so many times over the years too. Why can't anyone date a radiologist or any non-surgeon doctor?  I've never understood why Grey's didn't have some recurring characters as love interests (as opposed to guest stars where the audience knows the date they're going). I agree she's telegraphed to be with Riggs but I wish they'd surprise us and pair Riggs with someone else.

I also would like to see Amelia hook up with Riggs this season and shakeup her Owen.

+1. I'd like Amelia/Owen to be done. They've been together for how long now in the GA world and its like they've been dating 3 weeks. Sometimes its just time to move on.

I thought the therapist could be for Amelia if she does fall off the wagon and not put the glass down (hoping she does though). But agree, the whole lot of them need therapy so could be anyone.

• Love 1

I've wished this so many times over the years too. Why can't anyone date a radiologist or any non-surgeon doctor?  

This, so much. Or even another surgeon, just not the one we see every week. But then again, the show has made it clear many times that every surgeon outside their little clique is a horrible failure that no one should ever want to go to, so I guess that's out of the picture. But if it's a big hospital (so big that Perfect Penny thought she might never run into someone who was close to Derek) there should be enough options for everyone.

In general, I hate when TV shows do that. Like Desperate Housewives, where everyone kept hooking up with people living on the same street and that we saw in every episode. After a while it starts to feel somewhat... incestous. 

• Love 1

+1. I'd like Amelia/Owen to be done. They've been together for how long now in the GA world and its like they've been dating 3 weeks. Sometimes its just time to move on.

Yes!  Probably an unpopular opinion but I actually liked them together at first but they are really going nowhere.  Maybe Amelia can hook up with Riggs and Owen with Callie.  That was hinted at a lot last season.  

Maggie did date a radiologist last season (of course mostly off screen) but I would be definitely in for a non-surgeon pairing.  Dermatologist, Radiologist, even a non surgical OBGYN... anything!

• Love 1

I've wished this so many times over the years too. Why can't anyone date a radiologist or any non-surgeon doctor?

Bailey dated the "gasman", anesthesiologist Dr. Ben Warren. Of course, then he decided to apply for a surgical residency. And we all know the rest of the story.

I think even Mark Sloane's last gf, Julia, was an surgeon, in ophthalmology or similar. They all seem to be surgeons....

• Love 1

Bailey seems to be the only one who really had proper relationships with people outside of the surgical staff... Ben was an anaesthesiologist when him and Bailey first got together wasn't he? Then she dated Eli the nurse for a while, and she was originally married to Tuck who had nothing to do with the hospital.

• Love 1

April dated and was engaged to that ambulance driver a few seasons ago. He was recurring. Way back in the day there was Finn of course, and Izzie's one-episode hockey player who was her boyfriend from before Seattle Grace. Obviously Richard had Adele for years. I guess usually if they're not dating surgeons, they're dating patients (Ava / Rebecca, Denny, Henry, etc.) 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2