Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Personally... I think something happened with Sherri that Sal wasnt able to deal with... or didnt want to deal with..... something we dont know about yet..... Im sure it will all come out in court

God knows I am not a Sherri defender but what on earth could be something that Sal couldn't deal with?  It looked like he had the life of Riley being married to Sherri.  She hustled for work while he went to Hooters, played poker and ........oh yeah he didn't do anything else.

I honestly think it was Sherri learning that her contract wasn't being renewed

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

I don't think this has anything to do with race but all to do with gender.

Women are held to a much different standard than men when it comes to caregiving, if a father holds his child once in a while and reads a story to him at night he is label an excellent father, the mother can take care of him all day but if she has a bad moment and yells at him then she is a horrible person, if a guy pushes the stroller everybody saying"awwww" , by the simple fact that the father in in the child's life he is a great and honorable guy. A woman? Nah, we take care of them ,we work and we still must have to have extra time to cuddle our man and tell him how great he is so his ego is properly taken care of, if we don't do that then you are label with terrible names.

If it is true that Sherri found out that the rumors are true and Sal has rekindled (if it was ever over) his relationship with his old flame and on top this woman is the egg donor and these two are planning to take care of the baby together on her dime, then I understand her stance.

If Sherri was a man and found out he was conned by his wife and her ex-lover nobody would raise an eyebrow and demand that he still accepted the child and paid for him, everybody would be calling the ex-wife names and telling the guy to run as far as he can to get away from the mess. Yet the amount of vitriol that I have seen thrown Sherri's way for this situation is unbelievable. I am all for criticizing her hosting skills , and even though I have not followed her career closely at all, the fact that Sal is the one requesting for full custody citing the fact that he is the biological father but still expecting her to pay through the nose for the next 18 years is very telling to me.

• Love 11

I don't think this has anything to do with race but all to do with gender.

Women are held to a much different standard than men when it comes to caregiving, if a father holds his child once in a while and reads a story to him at night he is label an excellent father, the mother can take care of him all day but if she has a bad moment and yells at him then she is a horrible person, if a guy pushes the stroller everybody saying"awwww" , by the simple fact that the father in in the child's life he is a great and honorable guy. A woman? Nah, we take care of them ,we work and we still must have to have extra time to cuddle our man and tell him how great he is so his ego is properly taken care of, if we don't do that then you are label with terrible names.

If it is true that Sherri found out that the rumors are true and Sal has rekindled (if it was ever over) his relationship with his old flame and on top this woman is the egg donor and these two are planning to take care of the baby together on her dime, then I understand her stance.

If Sherri was a man and found out he was conned by his wife and her ex-lover nobody would raise an eyebrow and demand that he still accepted the child and paid for him, everybody would be calling the ex-wife names and telling the guy to run as far as he can to get away from the mess. Yet the amount of vitriol that I have seen thrown Sherri's way for this situation is unbelievable. I am all for criticizing her hosting skills , and even though I have not followed her career closely at all, the fact that Sal is the one requesting for full custody citing the fact that he is the biological father but still expecting her to pay through the nose for the next 18 years is very telling to me.

We don't yet know what's true. Sherri contracted and paid for a baby with her spouse and a surrogate. So currently it appears she has responsibility to this child. How it plays in court remains to be seen.
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sherri has no idea what the Hobby Lobby decision was all about. She's certainly had enough time to do research on that subject. She's just contrary to common sense and not afraid to be vocal about her ignorance. 

And didn't someone say just yesterday that we can expect  Sherri to go off the rails now that she has nothing left to lose? 

I think Sherri is going to let her emotions out in every way possible. Her anger about the refugee children as opposed to the children of Detroit who don't have water is understandable - but you can expect outbursts every day now.

Yes, it was me! I'm a genius. 

Edited by CousinAmy
  • Love 5
When the discussion of Scientology came up, was there an edit in the show? Something seemed 'off' when that was brought up by Sherri.

Maryis1...I wondered about that too.  Perhaps Sherri "didn't get the memo" and she wasn't supposed to mention the religion or the reason for the family split.  I'm sure that Sherri's religion is the one and only one true faith in God, so maybe that gave her the cojones to butt into the conversation.

seem to recall her being all gung ho about wanting another baby and now that she might not be so gung ho I think people are questioning it.  It seems like Sherri wanted a baby to please Sal.  And now that she no longer has Sal she no longer wants the baby.

Yeah, SusieQ147, and this baby might, just might tie Sherri to Sal for almost 20 years.  A long sentence* for a romantic mistake.

*being tied to Sal.

• Love 1

Sal can't shut up.

· 

19 days before baby L.J. will make his appearance.  He's already 7 lbs and ten ounces.  He's going to be a BIG BABY.  LOL!

And here I thought that the judge told the both of them not to speak of the baby. Oh well, i guess with Sherri probably paying his legal fees he doesn't care what the judge says. If the judge calls him on it, he'll just have Sherri pay the bill.

And something tells me that he is playing this for all it's worth because Sherri will still be on The View when the baby is born and he'll get ten more minutes of "fame" before he fades into the same invisibility that he had before he married her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Trying not to pile on here, but it would appear that Sherri is losing her neck (again).  Just sayin'.

This is terrible @MedicineCrow and it made me Laugh Out Loud!  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1
(edited)

As an adopted child, I can tell you with absolute conviction that my adoptive mother has always considered me to be HER true child, DNA has never had anything to do with it. I realize this case is very different than most others, but I'm still a bit shocked at how many people seem to agree that "not her own DNA" makes a huge difference.

Sal can't shut up.

· 

19 days before baby L.J. will make his appearance.  He's already 7 lbs and ten ounces.  He's going to be a BIG BABY.  LOL!

Sherri needs to get in there and make sure that child is NOT named Lamar Jr. Ugh!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3
(edited)

Since we know that Sal was the one who filed first..... isnt it odd that he filed now if his plan is to take custody of a child that doesnt exist yet as his meal ticket?? Why wouldnt he wait until after the baby was born to set his plan in motion??

Have copies of Sal's filing been posted here? It's all covered (He wants everything)

I searched for the online copy of Sal's papers without luck this AM- This article gives a summation:

http://www.people.com/article/sherri-shepherd-divorce-lamar-sally-split-breakup-separation-divorce-custody-battle

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2
(edited)

As an adopted child, I can tell you with absolute conviction that my adoptive mother has always considered me to be HER true child, DNA has never had anything to do with it. I realize this case is very different than most others, but I'm still a bit shocked at how many people seem to agree that "not her own DNA" makes a huge difference.

That's what I was thinking. Let's say Sherri and Sal had been in the middle of an adoption, which is usually a lengthy process, and they suddenly decided to file for divorce. What if Sherri then said she changed her mind and doesn't want the baby even though all the arrangements had been made and the baby is due to arrive within a month or so? Wouldn't she be getting blasted for that?

Hmm, isn't that exactly what Tori Spelling's husband Dean did when he and Tori met on a TV movie set and started an affair? Dean and his wife had one son and another child about to be adopted. But, Dean left his wife and all rights to and responsibilities for the new baby whom she adopted and raised on her own. Dean is still getting bashed for that many years later.

If Sherri and Sal had a surrogate who was about to give birth to a baby that was created using Sherri's egg and donor sperm but Sal dumped Sherri and the baby, I think he would be vilified, especially if he was the one with the money. Sherri would be going after him to hold him to his obligations to a child that he decided to create with her, however they did it. Just to use an example, I just read that Robert Downey Jr.'s wife is pregnant with their second child. As a hypothetical, let's assume they did IVF with donor sperm and her egg. Then in the seventh or eighth month of her pregnancy, they split up and file for divorce. If Robert then said he wanted nothing to do with that baby, emotionally or financially, I think he would get absolutely torn to pieces for being a cold, callous SOB.

As far as the egg being from a donor, let's say they used a donor egg but not a surrogate and Sherri were pregnant with the donor egg (as many couples do it). Would she still be saying that since she has no biological connection with the baby once it's born she wants nothing to do with it?

Also, if it's true that she really wants nothing to do with the baby, how do you reconcile that with the fact that she was a big part of planning and creating this baby for years and even put a provision about it in their pre-nup? 

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 4

None of us know whether Sherri wants this baby or not.  All this speculation could have been avoided if Sal had kept his big mouth shut.  He has continually shown himself to be a worthless piece of shit.  His tweeting about the baby and Sherri's silence about the baby make him look like he wants the baby and she doesn't.  That might not be true.  I'm sure Sherri's lawyers have told her to not say a word about the situation so as her loose lips can't be used against her.

Up until the split neither one of them talked about the baby.  Sal alluded to something happening and Sherri briefly mentioned it an interview but for the most part it was being handled privately with no press.  But now it's being played out as one big ugly mess.  That makes me think Sal is angling for a bigger payday. 

• Love 5

Agreed. But this is his fifteen minutes of fame. He was a nobody before he met her and is headed on to being a nobody once again. That poor infant. To be born into this mess is horrible.

None of us know whether Sherri wants this baby or not.  All this speculation could have been avoided if Sal had kept his big mouth shut. 

• Love 2

not that Im on Sal's side or anything...... but something to think about...... Since we know that Sal was the one who filed first..... isnt it odd that he filed now if his plan is to take custody of a child that doesnt exist yet as his meal ticket?? Why wouldnt he wait until after the baby was born to set his plan in motion??

Even though the baby isn't born yet, it does exist. They aren't planning the baby. That ship has sailed.

Since Sal is so slimy to do this, he is slimy enough to start before the baby is born.

• Love 4

Someone needs to tell Sherri to sit still in her chair. That moving around she does just looks bad. She either has to pee or she's enjoying that chair way too much. It's seriously unpleasant and uncomfortable to watch that woman writhe.

• Love 7

NOT defending Sal here but as I understand it, the court order didn't say not to talk about the impending arrival of the baby. It was specifically limited to a gag on publicly speaking about the surrogate's identity or location in order to maintain her privacy.

• Love 2

NOT defending Sal here but as I understand it, the court order didn't say not to talk about the impending arrival of the baby. It was specifically limited to a gag on publicly speaking about the surrogate's identity or location in order to maintain her privacy.

@TribbleTrouble, that's correct, (according to the articles about it), and what do you know, my Google search for the original source on that took me to my very own post on Page 8 of this thread, where I posted this:

Yesterday, a judge in CA issued a ruling on the motion Sal filed last month to seal the divorce case. While the judge didn't order  the entire case sealed, he did rule partly in Sal's favor by prohibiting Sherri (and Sal) from publicly discussing any details of the surrogacy:

Sherri Shepherd and estranged husband Lamar Sally 'ordered by judge to stop talking about their surrogate'

From that article:

Sherri Shepherd's estranged husband Lamar Sally tried to get their whole divorce case sealed in court on Friday.

A judge said that The View host can chat about her divorce as much as she wants, but she can't reveal the name and whereabouts of the woman carrying the couple's child, TMZ is reporting.

Shepherd did not appear at court, but Sally was there to argue in his defense.

Lamar is also worried that too many people at the hospital when their surrogate gives birth could hurt the baby.

The news site went on the report that Sally, however, already divulged that the due date is July 28.

Shepherd abruptly filed for divorce from husband Lamar Sally last month.

Yeah, I know it's just TMZ and The Daily Mail, but that's all we have for now. Plus, I've found that TMZ is usually accurate when reporting on court proceedings.

Someone needs to tell Sherri to sit still in her chair. That moving around she does just looks bad. She either has to pee or she's enjoying that chair way too much. It's seriously unpleasant and uncomfortable to watch that woman writhe.

So much about her is either creepy or pathetic.  She's starting to play the "I'm so sexy" game again...but did you hear that little comment she made to one of those New Jersey Housewives?  The quick topic was keeping your husband happy in the bedroom and Sherri's comment was something like that's NOT what she was doing.  Maybe that's the "fraud" Sal is bringing forth in his separation/divorce papers.  Sherri is all hot-to-trot on television and her "celebrity" persona.  Seems like she did not deliver.

• Love 4
(edited)

FFS, Sherri needs to keep her private life private. She really is an idiot.

Also, why did she get a weave when she needs to push her line of wigs? That hair is too long and doesn't do anything for her. But, I have a feeling that as a newly single woman she thinks she needs long hair to attract the next huzzbin.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1
(edited)

sherrieshepherd

51 minutes ago

Why am I the only parent wearing a bathing suit at Jeffrey's camp! Even though weaves & pool water don't mix - Jeffrey begged me to swim w him- just hope I don't lose a track in the water! #motherlove

..... because you're an idiot!!!  The people in the background are looking at her like she's an alien!!

.... and, because one is not enough, she keeps topping herself!!!

http://instagram.com/p/qSsJQToLnV/

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

Well, well - Sherri is back on twitter in the "swimsuit" (aka tight tee ans shorts - at Jeffrey's Day Camp - and then a selfie in the bathroom in another outfit.

What is wrong with this woman - and where are her priorities?

(edited)

Placing her name tag on the swimsuit lets us know she planned to wear the swimsuit throughout the event (with no plans to swim)

Can she not afford a cover up?

(I don't think the "I'm bored" bathroom selfie is from the same event- The photo and ripped jean outfit looks similar to her  recent "I have insomnia" selfie)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

I don't think the "I'm bored" bathroom selfie is from the same event- The photo and ripped jean outfit looks similar to her  recent "I have insomnia" selfie)

OMG what woman her age dresses like that?  She looks like she auditioning for some 80's breakdance video. 

She is not nearly as cute as she thinks she is.

• Love 2

OMG what woman her age dresses like that?  She looks like she auditioning for some 80's breakdance video. 

She is not nearly as cute as she thinks she is.

now everything isn't bad.... that outfit was cute... at least it was in the picture.

• Love 1

The outfit was cute for someone not Sherri.  That does not look natural on her. How often does she wear jeans and high top tennis shoes?  That was her way of saying "I'm hip".  No,  Sherri you are not.

• Love 3

I don't know if it's the firing (excuse me, "moving on") but suddenly Sherri is dropping major "hints" about her divorce, husband, marriage etc, when for weeks she has been completely silent on the topic. Wonder why?! And the other co-hosts seem to love it.

The outfit was cute for someone not Sherri.  That does not look natural on her. How often does she wear jeans and high top tennis shoes?  That was her way of saying "I'm hip".  No,  Sherri you are not.

My "view" on the outfit, most clothes I have ever seen on Sherri.

BUT & a big BUT WHO takes selfies in a public washroom????

• Love 1

This made me literally LOL.

She doesn't normally wear something like that so I'm thinking she is trying to say "Hey look at me, I'm cool."  She is trying way too hard to be something she is not.  The woman is a few years shy of 50.  I'm not saying she needs to dress matronly but she sure as hell doesn't need to dress like she is 20something either.  I'm a year younger than Sherri and while I would possibly wear the jeans and tee I would not wear those shoes or hat.

• Love 2
I don't know if it's the firing (excuse me, "moving on") but suddenly Sherri is dropping major "hints" about her divorce, husband, marriage etc, when for weeks she has been completely silent on the topic. Wonder why?! And the other co-hosts seem to love it.

Trying out her new "comedy" routine?   Most successful comics try out new material in smaller clubs on slow nights.  Of course, those are probably the places where Sherri works.

Can she not afford a cover up?

GRRRRLLL !      I mean, Springtime, why should she cover up when she looks so gooooooooooooood?   Lookin' good and needin' a man?  Swimsuit all day every day, Girl.

• Love 4

OTOH - Sal and Jeffrey Sr have enough info on Sherri, just from her tweets, to offer up Jeffrey Jr is not Sherri's number one concern, imo.

Let alone Sal seeing it her parenting in person for 4 years and or J Sr from talking and seeing Jeffrey and most likely conferencing with his school and therapists/doctors/nannies.

If I were Sherri I would be very worried indeed if my husband and former husband were working together (as it seems according to one of their attorneys) against Sherri retaining custody of Jeff Jr.

(edited)

BUT & a big BUT WHO takes selfies in a public washroom????

Kim Katrashian? Seriously, she posted one of those 2 days ago.

So I found myself thinking of the surrogate situation late last night (I know!). In a previous tweet, Sal seemed very anxious that Sherri be present at the hospital for the child's birth. What if she doesn't show up right away? When that surrogate checks in, someone is going to have to claim financial responsibility for the surrogate and baby's medical expenses. What if there are complications? What if the infant ends up in PICU for some reason? The costs could be astronomical. If Sherri is not at the hospital when the surrogate checks in, with Sal sign the paperwork? And then just send the bills to Sherri? Or will they hold the surrogate responsible? So much WTF.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5

Sharing "the Good News" again. If she sees someone feeling sad, it's her duty (she is commanded to!) tell them about Jesus. I don't think Sherri is much fun to be around. In fact, I'm ready to start a countdown clock. 

• Love 4

"Coming up live on The View!! Sherri's surrogate gives birth! Lamar checks in via remote with all the first hand action! Will the baby really be named Lamar, Jr.? Are we sure it's a boy? And who really wants the baby? All this and more, on a special edition of The View!"

• Love 4

I'm ready to start a countdown clock.

Great idea- although I wonder if she will actually make it until the end! lol

"Coming up live on The View!! Sherri's surrogate gives birth! Lamar checks in via remote with all the first hand action! Will the baby really be named Lamar, Jr.? Are we sure it's a boy? And who really wants the baby? All this and more, on a special edition of The View!"

You forgot to mention Barbara as I'm sure she wouldn't miss it! lol

• Love 3

Sounds like a Barbara Walters special

• Love 2
(edited)

Watched about 30 minutes of the again show today (2 shows in one week!) and Sherri looked nice in that long hair weave. My cynical self says she got an expensive weave from the show's hair people while she was still an employee and could command that perk. After she leaves the show she'll go back to popping on her various wigs!

And YES a Barbara Walters special regarding surrogacy and the complications that can ensue, with a special interview with Sherri, would be awesome but I hope good sense prevails and that is not on the horizon LOL

Edited by CathInAZ

she sure spends a lot of time in the toilet.... who do ya think is taking the picture??

Thanks for pointing that out!  I just assumed they were taken by her and she needed a bathroom mirror to photograph her image

(a no hands selfie) lol

Her shape and stance is like a mermaid

• Love 1

You're very kind, springtime.  I know it's bad form to criticize a woman's body shape, but that's the strangest shape I've ever seen.  She's thin as thin below the waist, but up top, she's massive. Her boobs, her face, her arms are huge.  She has lost weight and worked on her lower half, but breasts are fatty tissue and when most of us lose weight, that's where it comes from first.  They get smaller, flatter and droopier.  Her weight loss hasn't affected her boobs at all.  How does that happen??  Her arms don't sag either.  She's not a young woman any more; the skin is elastic and doesn't respond to exercise all that much when you age.  Her weight loss (and it was substantial)  should be showing in her arms, her face and her chest, but it's all still there.

• Love 1
(edited)

OTOH - Sal and Jeffrey Sr have enough info on Sherri, just from her tweets, to offer up Jeffrey Jr is not Sherri's number one concern, imo.

Let alone Sal seeing it her parenting in person for 4 years and or J Sr from talking and seeing Jeffrey and most likely conferencing with his school and therapists/doctors/nannies.

If I were Sherri I would be very worried indeed if my husband and former husband were working together (as it seems according to one of their attorneys) against Sherri retaining custody of Jeff Jr.

Sherri, is a wonderful mother to her son. Jeffery teachers and our Mocha mom group , will be her character witness.Sal, would even drive Jeffery, to school nor spend time with him. Neither want to work .Sherri, didn't ask Jeffery, for child support,

Edited by fgoldberg
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sherri, is a wonderful mother to her son. Jeffery teachers and our Mocha mom group , will be her character witness.Sal, would even drive Jeffery, to school nor spend time with him. Neither want to work .Sherri, didn't ask Jeffery, for child support,

Not sure what happened to my response-

I wrote about Sal posting mean things to and about Sherri and Sherri tweeting about doing everything on her own-  to the point of not wanting to disturb Sal while he slept.no matter what was happening (walking on eggshells)

I called Sal a bachelor husband (my ex was one as well)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 4