Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

It's all fine and dandy until your financial advisor goes to jail (see: my mother). You have to keep an eye on them and not blindly trust that they are protecting your interests. (Yup, my mother, who gained and lost her nest egg each time her so-called advisor went to jail. Oh, and her attorney kept her advisor company in the pokey.)

Now, is Sherri smarter than my mother, who, without my knowledge, fell for the snake-oil salesmen every time? (In her 70s and 80s, with no signs of dementia, a brilliant woman who unfortunately didn't like to be bothered with the details.)

I hope Sherri has people she can trust handling her business affairs - but she hasn't exactly been a model for smart choices.

• Love 4
She made 1 million (allegedly) for the View

DumbDownUs...and that alleged amount was every year for seven years.  Hmmm...no increases?

And her dream of being a big time, successful comedian has a fatal flaw: she is not funny.

Ellie, that reminds me of something said on a recent show...but now I can't remember one bit  of it.  Help me, people.  Sherri had to sit there grinning while someone read a list of "great" female comedians who were going to perform somewhere--or were putting together a tour.  Does any remember that and who the women are?

I'm not losing any sleep over Sherri Shepherd's finances. That dumbass made more money showing up for a part time job for seven years (not to mention all the other gigs she was able to get due to her exposure on The Spew like DWTS, hosting game shows, reality wedding and a failed sitcom) than 99 percent of Americans will ever make, including single mothers and divorced parents.  

Would Sal be considered property? Seems he rented himself out for about 60K.

I think that's considered a bad investment @Fisher King although she probably made more than $60K on her televised wedding.  Heh.

• Love 5

DumbDownUs...and that alleged amount was every year for seven years.  Hmmm...no increases?

Ellie, that reminds me of something said on a recent show...but now I can't remember one bit  of it.  Help me, people.  Sherri had to sit there grinning while someone read a list of "great" female comedians who were going to perform somewhere--or were putting together a tour.  Does any remember that and who the women are?

Wasnt it a list of black female comedians who should be looked at as a new cast member of SNL??  I dont remember who was on the list of women though...... maybe they are in a binder (see what I did there??)

• Love 6

Wow, Sherri sounds so much more intelligent (not rocket-scientist, but… smarter than she portrays) on that video than she ever did on tv.  Goes to prove what so many have said on these boards about her playing a character-- or thinking she has to play a character and a real dumb@@ character at that.  If the Sherri on this video showed up once in a while on the View, how refreshing would that have been?  instead she felt she had to scream and holler and run around like a moron.  She needs a better career advisor..

As for her money I agree with the person who said income doesn't tell you net worth because so much of that money is gone off the top-- taxes, managers, assistants, child/spouse, etc.  And Sherri seems like she was pouring a lot of her money into houses and decor and party planners and everything else.  And for some reason I suspect Sal wasn't the only one mooching off her… I can imagine members of her family and her friends always with their hands out too.

• Love 2

I don't like Sherri but the amount of vitriol about her makes me ill.  You would think she was a serial killer or something instead of being a dumb talk show host.  And also, she has a better body than many forty year old women I see walking down the street.

And what 40something woman posts so many selfies?????

Things have changed today.  People don't keep things private anymore; all types of people do reality shows, heck even real celebrities are doing reality shows now.  

What I have never been able to understand about her is why doesn't she just let her first husband keep Jeffery and pay him child support?  That way she can go out every night and have a good time if that's what she wants to do, for some reason I have never felt that Sherri really wanted to be a mother, but did so because of societal pressure.  I wonder if her ex's wife, girlfriend or whatever she is would be receptive to that.  

What bothers me about the Instagram and Twitter stuff, and this is for all celebrities, not just her, is that a lot of it feels like bragging.  It's like she's saying, "I get to go to fabulous parties and concerts and meet wonderful people and you're not."  

As for Sherri and the dog, who cares?  Why is she putting that on Instagram?  Why does she think anybody would be interested in seeing that?  

• Love 4

RogerFromOhio Answer to your Question: It was Jennifer Coolidge who is performing in Lipshtick at the Venetian in Las Vegas. She was rattling off the names of all these comediennes and I was hoping she would say Wendy Williams (she did a 70 mins. set last Friday). Just to see Sherri's shit eating grin disappear right off her face on "live" TV. It was Wendy's first time ever doing stand-up. Performing a stand-up routine was on her bucket list. Wendy turned 50 on the weekend. Oh and Sherri wearing high heels does not automatically dress-up an outfit.

• Love 2
(edited)
What I have never been able to understand about her is why doesn't she just let her first husband keep Jeffery and pay him child support?  That way she can go out every night and have a good time if that's what she wants to do, for some reason I have never felt that Sherri really wanted to be a mother, but did so because of societal pressure.  I wonder if her ex's wife, girlfriend or whatever she is would be receptive to that. 

I think you are more than likely correct about the societal pressure and children. Sherri has said that she's had numerous abortions. She says too many to count. Someone who uses abortion as defacto birth control doesn't seem to have much in the way of attachment. I've had friends who have agonized over whether to have an abortion or not. Like most women I know, it's not like getting your hair done. You know that if left alone the fetus will most likely survive a pregnancy so it isn't something that 99% of women do without a second thought. But to have had something like nine abortions makes me think that she has, 90 percent of the time, done the convenient thing. It shows, to me anyway, that 90% of her children (not to mention the frozen embryos) were no more than a bother.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 2

My personal opinion is Sherri enjoys being Sherri Shepherd the celebrity more than Sherri Shepherd the mother.  And that is fine.  But if that's true then she needs to let Jeffrey be with a parent who has the time to give him the attention he needs.

What bothers me about the Instagram and Twitter stuff, and this is for all celebrities, not just her, is that a lot of it feels like bragging.  It's like she's saying, "I get to go to fabulous parties and concerts and meet wonderful people and you're not."

Oh yeah ITA.  But I do wonder if all those invitations to those events will still continue when she is no longer on the View.  I don't think Sherri is as big as a celeb as she thinks she is.

• Love 6

Yes - about the abortions. I think Sherri has said she always went to Planned Parenthood and they never advised her on birth control - what audacity! Although I have never been to PP I find that VERY hard to believe - in fact I don't believe it at all. Sherri does what she wants and advice be damned.

• Love 3

I sorta hate twitter, but I do follow some celebs, sherri included, but i usually don't post. Yesterday, in response to her video working the grill and intimating just how far she had fallen , I asked if she had really meant to insult the people who have to work in fast food to make a living.... (I was serious). WELL....the notifications came fast and furious and didn't stop for an hour from her fans, calling me everything from  "hater" (naturally), "miserable", "coward" and a few more. (I didn't engage with any of them, except to post later that my question was legitimate. To be honest, it was a near-scary experience.

• Love 7
(edited)

I wonder if anyone got in trouble for letting a semi celeb who had no idea what she was doing behind the counter where other customer's food had been and would be prepared after she was done with that photo op?

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

I'm assuming nobody here posting is a close friend or family member of Sherri. If that's the case there are some pretty astounding assumptions being made about how much she loves (or as implied, doesn't love) Jeffrey by total strangers.

• Love 3

It is my feeling that Sherri started goiong down hill after she met Sal.  He started  praising her "comedic skills."  It was after that she started referring to herself "as a comedian."   JMHO

• Love 2

Today. 8:38 pm

Yes - about the abortions. I think Sherri has said she always went to Planned Parenthood and they never advised her on birth control - what audacity! Although I have never been to PP I find that VERY hard to believe - in fact I don't believe it at all.

You are correct, don't believe it.

I have two nieces who used PP for birth control as their jobs (FT) did/do not provide health care.  They were provided birth control pills and were never advised about abortion services.  One of them has a friend who briefly contemplated an abortion.  She went to PP and was given factual information.  She was also advised to return - regardless of the abortion decision - and they would provide birth control for the future.

Say what you will about PP, they provide free birth control and, based on my nieces experiences in two different cities, do NOT push abortion.

I look sideways at any woman who claims to be religious and will not destroy her frozen eggs (regardless of viability) who also claims to have had "too many abortions to count".

I know one women who had an abortion and it was a very painful decision for her.  I can't imagine "too many...to count".  That is mighty strange territory to me.  For me it just doesn't track with her highly judgmental persona on The View.

• Love 7

This. I agree kaygreeret.

It was very unseemly of Sherri to laughingly saying she was looking for a drama free uterus and offering up an KIA for one.  And all her other hilarious jokes at the time saying she dropped hers because of one ridiculous reason or another.

It is Sherri, a public figure constantly putting herself out there on social media, interviews, on the show etc that makes her a walking/dancing target. Sometimes things are better left private. Then no one knows except those immediately involved. Therefore, no public discussion on social media.

• Love 2

I sorta hate twitter, but I do follow some celebs, sherri included, but i usually don't post. Yesterday, in response to her video working the grill and intimating just how far she had fallen , I asked if she had really meant to insult the people who have to work in fast food to make a living.... (I was serious). WELL....the notifications came fast and furious and didn't stop for an hour from her fans, calling me everything from  "hater" (naturally), "miserable", "coward" and a few more. (I didn't engage with any of them, except to post later that my question was legitimate. To be honest, it was a near-scary experience.

@pachebo, I thought the same thing about Sherri's "joke" and wondered how many hard working people would be put off by it.  I honestly don't work very hard now but I certainly have had hard, stand on your feet all day jobs and I wouldn't have appreciated that then nor did I see the humor in it now.  I don't follow her on Twitter but if I did I probably would have tweeted something like  "What would you know about working hard in a kitchen all day for minimum wage?  Shut up."   But I wouldn't have thought about a Twitter backlash from The Sherri Army.  Yikes. 

I wonder if anyone got in trouble for letting a semi celeb who had no idea what she was doing behind the counter where other customer's food had been and would be prepared after she was done with that photo op?

All I could think about was that super long imported hair not tied back while in a commercial kitchen.  Blech. 

• Love 4

The photo of that cake looks really lonely. That poor child. Coming into the world with such a mess already made. I wonder if the surrogate has mixed feelings about the whole thing.

• Love 5

The photo of that cake looks really lonely. That poor child. Coming into the world with such a mess already made. I wonder if the surrogate has mixed feelings about the whole thing.

The "dollar store" plastic tablecloth speaks volumes about what could have been.

• Love 2

Lamar Sally: I'll Force Sherri to be a Mother!

Sherri Shepherd will be sued if she doesn't embrace the child she's having this month via surrogate ... so promises her very angry and determined estranged husband.

We've learned Lamar Sally is already drafting legal docs to prevent Sherri from backing out of the surrogate contract she signed while they were still a couple.

As TMZ first reported ... Sherri claims Lamar defrauded her into signing the contract ... claiming he knew he wanted out of the marriage but wanted to hook her into paying child support.  She wants the contract voided on grounds of fraud ... and wash her hands of any parental obligations.

Lamar is calling BS and says he'll fight to put Sherri's John Hancock on the birth certificate ... and if that takes a judge's order, so be it.

TMZ also states that Lamar may slam Sherri in the lawsuit claiming that she "claims to be a good Christian, but she is abandoning an innocent child."

I bet Sherri truly wishes she never laid eyes on him. Before this is all over, Sherri may seek out a voodoo priestess to put a curse on Lamar and Niecy Nash (Niecy introduced Lamar to Sherri if I'm not mistaken).

Hopefully, she gets intense counseling to alleviate (cured would be better; but you know... baby steps) her self-esteem and desperation issues.

• Love 1

This is my question, is Sherri being advised by her lawyers to not be a part of any baby-related events leading up to the birth or is Sal not including her?  If he is asking for child support then shouldn't Sherri be a part of the child's life, even before he arrives? 

This whole thing is just bizarre.  Sherri might have requested "a drama filled uterus" but it is her and Sal that have caused the drama.  And just what does Jeffrey think? 

All I could think about was that super long imported hair not tied back while in a commercial kitchen.  Blech.

There are regulations.  If an inspector had shown up when that was going on there would have been fines.  And do we know where that pic was taken?  Was that a planned photo op?  Why was Sherri there anyways?

• Love 1
(edited)

Why was Sherri there anyways?

Eating waffles before her day at the amusement park?

As for Sal- he can say anything he wants but the legal separation document he filed clearly indicates that he does not want Sherri involved with the baby-  He only wants her money.

http://www.people.com/article/sherri-shepherd-divorce-lamar-sally-split-breakup-separation-divorce-custody-battle

In addition to asking for (legal and physical) custody of the baby, Sally is requesting that Shepherd only gets "reasonable" visitation rights and asked for an order preventing her from interfering with the baby being given to him after he's born.

He has asked for spousal support and for Shepherd to pay his attorney fees. Sally has also asked that the couple's prenup be invalidated based on fraud.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

I'm assuming nobody here posting is a close friend or family member of Sherri. If that's the case there are some pretty astounding assumptions being made about how much she loves (or as implied, doesn't love) Jeffrey by total strangers.

Thank you for your comment. Sherri love Jeffery, and is his sole provider.

And..........no hair net for that greasy hair...............

From Sherri:

Saints...lift me up in prayer please.  2day I go2 fight.  "If God be for me then who can be against me?" The Enemy is a liar! #lovebeingamom

Custody hearing for Jeffrey?

• Love 3

Sherri is filing for divorce in NJ and Sal in CA, which have very different laws regarding surrogacy.  In NJ she would not be considered the baby's mother.  That's all I know, so I won't speculate.

As for that picture of her in the fast-food kitchen, I can guarantee that their insurance company would have had a fit had they seen a non-employee like that behind the counter.  If she had fallen, or caused harm to someone else because of her desperate attempt to appear funny, there would have been hell to pay.  Literally.

• Love 1

Agreed. I've often felt Sherri embellishes her stories or goes overboard with how she reacts but I've never ever got a vibe that she doesn't love her child.

Sal @SalfromtheD  ·  44m

Enjoyed my baby shower!  Thanks to all that came!

ZfeKO27.jpg

/sigh. That's all I will say about that.

Lamar Sally: I'll Force Sherri to be a Mother!

TMZ also states that Lamar may slam Sherri in the lawsuit claiming that she "claims to be a good Christian, but she is abandoning an innocent child."

I bet Sherri truly wishes she never laid eyes on him. Before this is all over, Sherri may seek out a voodoo priestess to put a curse on Lamar and Niecy Nash (Niecy introduced Lamar to Sherri if I'm not mistaken).

Hopefully, she gets intense counseling to alleviate (cured would be better; but you know... baby steps) her self-esteem and desperation issues.

Why would HE even want to be tied to Sherri like that? Why wouldn't he just want to be a single dad and raise this son - the son he seems to desperately want - on his own? No more fighting or disagreements, he wouldn't have to worry about communicating with her at all, he could go his way, she goes hers, no ties, nothing but a ripped up marriage license.

Ahhh yes., how could I forget --- money. He can't (or won't) do this by himself. I don't know this for a fact but it seems he needs her wallet to survive.

He wants to talk about agreements? He wants to talk about contracts? What about the vow to be married, better or worse, death do us part? Since they are religious, isn't that a contract with God? It was one with the state... What about that? Yet he went and fiiled for divorce!

This guy is such a fucking creep.

• Love 11

Tarpley's custody modification request, filed by Folke April 2, is due to be heard in court July 21.

That quote is from People.

And that is why Sherri's pathetic tweet this morning:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  2h

Saints...lift me up in prayer please. 2day I go2 fight. "If God be for me then who can be against me?" The Enemy is a liar! #lovebeingamom

• Love 1
(edited)

I did not hear applause for Sherri being gone today.  I did hear a smattering of applause when Whoopi mentioned that the President is going on vacation and was being criticized for that.

Edited by Lava VaVoom

Sherri ShepherdVerified account ‏@SherriEShepherd

God is good! VICTORY!!! The prayers of the righteous availeth much!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers! #tearfulmama

• Love 1

Sherri ShepherdVerified account ‏@SherriEShepherd

God is good! VICTORY!!! The prayers of the righteous availeth much!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers! #tearfulmama

Sounds/looks like she won custody.  Good for her!!!

• Love 3

I pray, and on this Jeffrey thing, I could only pray for what is best for him.  At his age and emotional level, staying with Sherri is likely best right now.  Of all the stupid instagram videos she posts, I do remember one where Jeffrey was doing motor skills therapy. 

On this battle with Sal, no doubt my prayers will be for her lawyers to stick it to gold digging POS Sal so she can put her dumbass mistake behind her.  I just can't see any way that he did not plan this whole thing to give his mother a grandson - and himself an heir - and take Sherri's money.  An heir - poor kid - hope he got his donor eggs looks.

• Love 6

Perhaps I've said this before: Sherri needs to stay off Twitter.

i was a member of an online divorce support group. A poster was taken to court by her ex husband because she was discussing

their children on the board. 

• Love 3

More from TMZ:

SHERRI SHEPHERD
Anyone Who Knows Me Knows ...
I'M NOT A HYPOCRITE

Sherri Shepherd is scoffing at Lamar Sally calling her a hypocrite in their custody war ...  telling us anyone who knows her, knows Lamar is full of BS.

Shepherd was judged today but not by Lamar ... by a real judge in a different custody fight she's having with ex-husband Jeff Tarpley over their nine-year-old son.   He now wants full custody.

Sherri was mum about her fight with Sally on the way out ... but when we brought up his questioning of her Christian values ... well she just had to answer.

Video clip at the link.

As far as TMZ's other story earlier today about Sherri wanting out of the surrogacy, The Daily Mail also did an article, mostly based on the TMZ story. But, it also notes:

Sources told the website that she believes her TV writer ex defrauded her into having a child so he could get child support - knowing full well he was planning to file for divorce.

The pair first tried IVF with her own eggs but when that failed they opted to use donor egg with Lamar's sperm and a surrogate to carry the pregnancy, the source added.

But now, according to TMZ, the former The View host does not want to be considered a parent because she does not want to take financially responsibility.

And the website reports she allegedly wants a judge to rule she has no parental rights for the baby due at the end of the month.

I realize I've said it before, but if this is true, Sherri is a despicable human being. Putting aside the fact that Sal might be a lazy, greedy jackass, it is VERY clear that Sherri wanted this baby very much. She publicly and repeatedly spoke about wanting another baby for years before she even met Sal. After marrying him, she blabbed about wanting a child with him and trying to find a surrogate for years.

They reportedly attempted IVF with her eggs and when that failed, they moved onto a surrogate, So, how flipping weird is that? If it worked with her eggs, she would obviously consider this child hers. But since it's a donor egg, she gets to walk away just like that, despite the fact that she very much wanted this baby and did everything she could to create it. 

I'm calling total bullshit on her alleged claims that Sal manipulated her into the surrogacy. That claim is in total and complete conflict with her actions and statements over the last several years. She is so full of it, I find it completely loathsome. Sal might have a long list of negative traits, but I find Sherri a million times worse than him because she desperately wanted this baby but is now (allegedly) walking away with a clear conscience simply because it's inconvenient. This is a child you created, Sherri, not a freaking puppy you adopted and just want to hand over to the soon to be ex-husband! Bitch! 

• Love 5

It agree @LuckyBitch. There is certainly ample evidence (video, interviews and social media) that Sherri was a full and very willing participant in the conception of this child. I do wonder however, if this is really about her wanting to walk away completely or if it's more of a legal ploy in order to affect a more favorable settlement outcome. Either way, it's pretty smarmy. I feel bad for the child who will in all likelihood read about all of this ugliness someday.

• Love 4

I'm not sure that she's trying to walk away because it's inconvenient. Since donor eggs were used, it's not her baby. Sal wants the baby very much, what's wrong with letting him have the baby, since he's been bleating about it for months. Give him a settlement, and let him go to work to support himself and his baby. 

I think she must have something in the contract which allows her to back out. 

• Love 4

The problem I have with Sherri on the baby thing is that, had she not participated, legally, there would have been no baby. Her lack of enthusiasm doesn't lessen her responsibility as I see it. 

• Love 6

The contracts said if there is a baby involved she wants full custody...... but now she wants to toss that aside and claim fraud..... but that would break the entire prenup including Sal's payment...... be careful what you ask for

• Love 3

I'm not sure that she's trying to walk away because it's inconvenient. Since donor eggs were used, it's not her baby. Sal wants the baby very much, what's wrong with letting him have the baby, since he's been bleating about it for months. Give him a settlement, and let him go to work to support himself and his baby. 

So, if Sherri and Sal were still together and the surrogate birthed the baby, and then they broke up a few months later, would it be acceptable if Sherri said, "Well, it's not my baby, I'm out of here?"

I'm sorry, well actually, no I'm not...if it's true that she is actually walking away from a baby that SHE went to great lengths to create, I absolutely despise the bitch. She's nothing but a self-centered, irresponsible, cold pig.

Frankly, seeing as she hasn't wasted one minute in getting out there and enjoying the singe life with her pals, (while looking for the next huzzbin), I think it's rather obvious that her plans changed and an infant just doesn't fit into her new single life. 

• Love 6

Just curious, would you say the same thing if the roles were reversed and it was a sperm-free Sal who wanted to walk away for financial reasons?

• Love 4

In a perfect world a judge would deny either one of these buffoons the child and some couple wanting to adopt could have their dreams come true.  And both buffoons would be financially responsible for sending the child to college.  Even if that means Sal shoveling ditches and Sherri is greeting people at Wal-Mart until they are ninety.   Sherri made the choice to bring a life into the world.  I cannot fathom how she reconciles this with her religious beliefs.  That is one rickety ass boat of faith she floats around in.  But I also shudder at the idea of Sal having his say with this child in any way.  Because whether it was his intent or not, I do think he sees this child as his golden ticket in regards to keeping his hand in her wallet for the rest of their lives.  If Sherri was smart she would sue for financial custodianship of the child.  That way if she is obligated by the courts to maintain the child as she should be, she can control exactly how the money is spent.  

If she feels like this I don't think it is in the child's best interest to be around Sherri in any way shape or form.  But that leaves Sal.  ugh.  That poor kid.  A victim right out of the gate of two idiots who rank rather high on Darwin's List of Saved by Modernity.

• Love 5