Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Is there any truth to the rumors ( I read them on LSA) that the surrogate and/or egg donor for Sal's baby is his ex-girlfriend? The ex-girlfriend that he introduced to Sherri?

Has anybody read anything about this?

(edited)
Considering Sherri knew she was making this wonderful announcement today, would it have been too much trouble to wear something half way decent? There's clips in various places, and there she sits, looking awful, imo of course.

That was indeed a terrible outfit. Why would she wear that? Surely she knew this clip would end up all over the media. It is a brave woman who has breasts that big and chooses to wear a strapless top (or dress?)

ETA:

Is there any truth to the rumors ( I read them on LSA) that the surrogate and/or egg donor for Sal's baby is his ex-girlfriend? The ex-girlfriend that he introduced to Sherri?

Has anybody read anything about this?

No-I have not heard anything about this, but if this is true-Sherri DOES need a reality show. That would just be too crazy!

ETA: What is LSA and how do I get there?

Edited by CuriousParker

Considering Sherri knew she was making this wonderful announcement today, would it have been too much trouble to wear something half way decent? There's clips in various places, and there she sits, looking awful, imo of course.

Hahaha @ginger90!  I almost forgot about that orange sundress thing? It looked like she just rolled in from the beach and threw a gold necklace on.    But Sherri clearly thought it looked great because she even did a twirl in it as she came onto the stage. 

• Love 3

"Considering Sherri knew she was making this wonderful announcement today, would it have been too much trouble to wear something half way decent? There's clips in various places, and there she sits, looking awful, imo of course.."

That was indeed a terrible outfit. Why would she wear that? Surely she knew this clip would end up all over the media. It is a brave woman who has breasts that big and chooses to wear a strapless top (or dress?)

ETA: "Is there any truth to the rumors ( I read them on LSA) that the surrogate and/or egg donor for Sal's baby is his ex-girlfriend? The ex-girlfriend that he introduced to Sherri?

Has anybody read anything about this?"

No-I have not heard anything about this, but if this is true-Sherri DOES need a reality show. That would just be too crazy!

ETA: What is LSA and how do I get there?

LSA= Lipstick Alley , just google it and add the words Sherri Sheperd, the posters on that board talk about this as if it is a fact so I was wondering if anybody has heard or read about it.

I only read on don't post because it can get quite intense there but this weekend I was fascinated by this turn of events and went to that board because I was sure they would be posting about it.

The speculations about Sal's ex-girlfriend having something to do with this pregnancy in any shape or form are crazy , could Sherri be so hard pressed to please this guy to the point to have allowed such nonsense to happened?

This sure is worthy of a Lifetime movie.

• Love 1

Wendy, thank you for that explanation! I have never head of Lipstick Alley, but I am off to go take a look. This Sherri drama has turned out to be way more interesting than The View has ever been. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Sigourney Weaver would play Barbara, of course. She can give the imperious BW that combination of iciness and back-stabbing that has served Babs so well over the decades. 

(I wonder if her father, Sylvester "Pat" Weaver, had anything to do with hiring Barbara for the Today show back in the early 1960s?) 

ETA: No, it looks like he was gone from NBC by then. So Sigourney it is. 

As for Bill Geddie, this silver-tongued devil: 

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7qHN/aag-reverse-mortgage-too-good-featuring-fred-thompson

Edited by CousinAmy
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'll commend Sherri on the fabulous match: color of her shorts and her heels...some light peach (at least on my TV).

So...there's Sherri in Shorts and Jenny, bundled like a nun in a red habit.   Ah...fashionistas for all seasons!

I hope Sherri keeps tapes of all her shows...she can enjoy watching herself strut and flaunt...when she feels the need to start yet another "compensated" diet.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

I just saw a story over at Jezebel about Sherri backing out of the surrogacy agreement: http://jezebel.com/rumor-sherri-shepherd-backs-out-of-surrogacy-agreement-1601710152/all

There is quite a bit of anger among posters about Sherri and it surprised me for some reason. I saw other stories on other sites and the sentiment was similar. The most interesting thing is that on every one of these stories, a commenter has come on there spreading the gossip that the surrogate is Lamar Sally's ex-girlfriend. Someone posted on the Jezebel site that other gossip sites were reporting it, but I have been unable to find a story about it-only found it mentioned in the comments. It seems that people back off of criticizing Sherri when they find out that this might be a factor.   If that surrogate is not Sally's ex-girlfriend and Sherri backs out of the surrogacy, I suspect Sherri's career may be over just judging from people's reactions to this latest story.

I don't think for a minute Sherri is really washing her hands of the surrogate baby.

But I think it's a clever, CLEVER legal maneuver.

The minute she says she wants that baby, all her leverage is GONE.  Her cabal of ex-husbands/leeches are counting on her valuing the baby enough to pay big to get custody.  They're holding this unborn baby up as a prize.  Sherri is very smart to say, Okay, you want the baby so much, he's yours.  See if Jeff Tarpley and Big Sal want custody of their kids without the cash prizes....

• Love 10

If Sherri refuses custody of the surrogate child..... does that invalidate the prenup agreement since that was part of the agreement

I just wonder if she really can refuse the child? She probably has to "adopt" the child since it is not her bio child. So if she signed the  papers for this surrogate child is that any different than if she was adopting  a child?

This case will keep lawyers busy for a long time!

• Love 1
(edited)

The legalities behind this surrogacy issue fascinate me. I would think the contract she and Sal signed with the surrogate to pay for her services, cover medical costs, etc. are still their obligation and Sherrie doesn't want to rid herself of those nor would a good attorney even suggest that.

BUT I could see her not having an emotional attachment to the child since the sperm was sal's (he's the bio dad), the egg is NOT hers and - if what we all suspect is true -that she learned he had been fooling around on her throughout the marriage, never really committed to being in the relationship, helping with Jeffrey, actively seeking work, etc. And maybe he wasn't just lazy and content to be married to someone "famous" who would help him get a son but was also plotting all along to divorce her and seek spousal and child support. I wouldn't even put it past him to be slyly setting aside money during the marriage in a separate account for himself! I feel bad for the baby, but under those same conditions I am not sure I would want to raise the child and could ever properly bond with the child. And to expose Jeffrey and his fragile emotions to the situation is awful.

What the law says with regards to all of this will be interesting...and does it vary state to state? If it had been her egg, then it would be a whole different story, she'd be the responsible bio Mom and I think her emotions would attach her to the kid, but since it wasn't her egg it's a different story. (This is kind of sick, but wouldn't it be despicable and sick if Sal really contrived to have one of his female "friends" donate the egg? And expect sherrie to provide child support for the child conceived by him and his girlfriend? )

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 6

The adoption angle is interesting, there is no way a woman her age could adopt a child where I live, private adoption but not through proper channels and, that being said, what is a 47 year old thinking of raising a child when she can't do ordinary things with Jeffrey without complaining how tired she is (track team for example) what will she be like in another 9 years when this unborn child is 9??????

• Love 4

I do not understand if Jeffery's "developmental delays" are the same as autism but...........I had always understood that autism happened with 2 extremely intelligent parents......Sherri is definitely on the low intelligence scale & to live with her for several years, Jeffrey Sr can't be all there. It is easy to understand Jeffery's "developmental delays" with the circumstances of his premature birth etc but this latest jabbering about autism has only happened since Jenny arrived...........

If Sherri refuses custody of the surrogate child..... does that invalidate the prenup agreement since that was part of the agreement

Depends on the language of the agreement.  Most legal agreements have a clause that say that if one part of the contract is found to be or becomes invalid, it doesn't invalidate the other parts of the contract.  (Not a lawyer, but worked with them for 25 years and have typed and edited my share of contracts.)

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think for a minute Sherri is really washing her hands of the surrogate baby.

But I think it's a clever, CLEVER legal maneuver.

The minute she says she wants that baby, all her leverage is GONE.  Her cabal of ex-husbands/leeches are counting on her valuing the baby enough to pay big to get custody.  They're holding this unborn baby up as a prize.  Sherri is very smart to say, Okay, you want the baby so much, he's yours.  See if Jeff Tarpley and Big Sal want custody of their kids without the cash prizes....

There's just one thing wrong with this theory @ChicagoCita and I bolded it. 

I'm not a Sherri fan in any way, but I do think Sal is a dirtbag for making this baby thing public.  As  fascinating as I find the situation I think it should have been kept a private matter.  Those two (Sherri and Sal) idiots and their inability to stay off of Twitter seems to have brought Sherri a rain of hate on this issue from a lot of people that wouldn't even know about it if she and Sal  had conducted themselves like mature adults.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

It does seem strange that the whole surrogacy came to light after they separated. Yes Sherri briefly talked about it in the Parade magazine interview but it wasn't big news.  I do think Sal took it public as a bargaining chip to deal with for a divorce settlement. Does he really want custody?  Who knows?  Does Sherri want custody?  Who knows?  One thing I do know is that baby deserves better.

• Love 2

LOVED Sherri's hair today. Really cute - wonder if it was a wig. I truly hope she burned that short one, that was horrid and not very flattering, IMO. I also hope she threw that dress she wore yesterday in the fire as well (yuck) 

Was surprised at how vocal she was about the immigrants, especially considering how she always plays herself up to be such a love caring Christian mom. I don't know, I think that took me aback, how vicious she was about it. Then how they laughed and giggled at commercial break made me feel it was an act concocted in the green room to "make sparks"

• Love 3

Sherri's hair.  I don't like that hairstyle, although it's seen on all kinds of celebrities and models these days.  I'll just ride it out.  As for her short wig.  Even if she burned it, she has many (many!) more at home and at the studio...and because she has "a wig line," there's a never-ending supply of styles and colors...some of which are actually flattering.   Yeah, that giggle going to commercial break really got me.

Those two (Sherri and Sal) idiots and their inability to stay off of Twitter seems to have brought Sherri a rain of hate on this issue from a lot of people that wouldn't even know about it if she and Sal  had conducted themselves like mature adults.

CosmoCrush...from your keyboard to the court's ears!   P.S.  Great to see you here!

• Love 3

I do not understand if Jeffery's "developmental delays" are the same as autism but...........I had always understood that autism happened with 2 extremely intelligent parents

Not true. 

I think Sherri is going to let her emotions out in every way possible. Her anger about the refugee children as opposed to the children of Detroit who don't have water is understandable - but you can expect outbursts every day now. 

There have been pictures of Sal with his ex-girlfriend (and her child) it should be pretty easy for someone to find out if she is the surrogate. Just follow Sal as he accompanies the woman to the hospital. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I do not understand if Jeffery's "developmental delays" are the same as autism but...........I had always understood that autism happened with 2 extremely intelligent parents......Sherri is definitely on the low intelligence scale & to live with her for several years, Jeffrey Sr can't be all there. It is easy to understand Jeffery's "developmental delays" with the circumstances of his premature birth etc but this latest jabbering about autism has only happened since Jenny arrived...........

Ummmmmm.......no......autism does not just happen with 2 smart parents.......if you are interested in learning more about it, you might want to go to a reputable site and read up in it. Just a suggestion"

Regarding the surrogate, I doubt Sal is stupid enough to have a girlfriend be the surrogate ( isn't she a professional woman and wouldn't need the money or want to be preggers?) but think there is a chance that he does in fact know the egg donor. The story is so bizarre that that would add to the crazy factor!

Since Sal,wanted a son, I wonder if they were lucky on the first viable embryo the surrogate received, or if there was one or more female embryos that maybe were....discarded......

Edited by CathInAZ
(edited)

When mentioning Sal's girlfriend, I think what was meant was that perhaps they used her egg for the procedure NOT that she is carrying the baby itself. This might not be too far fetched; I have a friend who could not have children and so her sister donated harvested eggs to be fertilized by my friend's husband's sperm. The child is related to her husband as his biological child and to my friend as her biological niece. I know this sounds sort of complicated but they chose to do it this way and it has worked out very well - all parties involved are extremely generous and loving individuals.

So I don't think it would be too far fetched that Sal could have convinced Sherri to use this woman's egg in the procedure because she was a "known" individual. Now, of course, this could have happened and Sherri was not aware of Sal's continued relationship with the woman (if we are to believe what some of the press is saying). If it does turn out that this is the case what a bigger royal mess.

Regarding the autism comment above: you may be thinking of the prevalence of Asperger's Syndrome (which is on the autism spectrum) in places like Silicone Valley as related to intelligence. But as far as the autism spectrum goes, it is not a peculiar trait to just highly intelligent people. They've just made a big deal on reporting how so many kids seem to have "inherited" from parents like Bill Gates etc.That could have been your reference point.

Edited by maryis1

What bothers me about Sherri is the hate I"m reading on other sites.  I wonder if a lot of the hate has to do with living in a society that expects women to automatically love all babies, even if they aren't theirs and expects Black women to be mammies, to mule for everybody and care about everybody's needs but their own.

• Love 5

What bothers me about Sherri is the hate I"m reading on other sites.  I wonder if a lot of the hate has to do with living in a society that expects women to automatically love all babies, even if they aren't theirs and expects Black women to be mammies, to mule for everybody and care about everybody's needs but their own.

That was kinda offensive

• Love 2
(edited)

That was kinda offensive

What was offensive?  I'm not saying Black women SHOULD be mules; I was saying that Black women IMO are treated differently, are not seen as women the way women of other races are, so when Sherri does something for herself, folks go to nut city, just my two cents.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

Neurochick, your reason seems to be the only one I can come up with.  I've been kinda gobsmacked by the hostile response to Sherri in this situation. 

To me, it's a no-brainer to not be desperately wanting a baby that isn't mine and that my husband is using to take my money for him and this baby's future mother.  Like I said, gobsmacked.

• Love 4

I have read a lot of offensive crap about Sherri on this site as well as others.  I did not see anything wrong with that particular statement.  I don't like her, but I think she's intelligent and talented and doing her best with her special-needs son. 

Sherri has filed for divorce in NJ, which has a different perspective on the surrogate's baby than CA, where Sal filed.  In NJ the child is not considered hers because she has no genetic link to him.  Sal is a golddigger, plain and simple, and like any golddigging troublemaker, deserves a good ass-kicking to the curb.

• Love 8

We all know that the baby is to be born in a few weeks (thanks, Sal!), and the two "parents" are divorcing each other. If they can't work out custody soon, I can imagine various scenarios playing out in the hospital. Who will take the baby home? If they both truly want him, that would be a mess. If neither want him, would he go into foster care? If the surrogate wanted to keep him, would that be even an option? My guess is that Sherri will "let" Sal take the baby, perhaps as a temporary measure that doesn't negate her rights. Would that weaken her case if she does want him? This case is interesting on many levels. I wonder if either of them could have imagined the mess they are now in. The time to think about these possibilities is obviously when the surrogacy contract is written. Wonder if they glossed over the possible bad outcomes. I imagine most surrogacy arrangements go smoothly, but when they go bad, they REALLY go bad!

We don't know if Sherri wants the baby or not.  She might not even have any legal rights to the baby.  I would not fault her in the least for walking away.

But I don't think the people hating her for possibly wanting to not be this child's mother has anything to do with her being black.  I seem to recall her being all gung ho about wanting another baby and now that she might not be so gung ho I think people are questioning it.  It seems like Sherri wanted a baby to please Sal.  And now that she no longer has Sal she no longer wants the baby.  I personally wouldn't have a child just to please a man but this Sherri we are talking about.  I think she would have done anything and everything to get and try to keep a husband.  So it makes me wonder why it didn't work out.

• Love 5

That was kinda offensive

I agree.  This whole situation has nothing to do with any of that.  I have no idea or impression about any of this beyond that Sherri doesn't want custody of the surrogate child at this point.  Nothing to do with race, and personally I don't blame her.  This is all about Sal and their failed relationship.  And I think, just like Melissa Harris Perry the less said publicly about anything until the arrival of the child the better.  But this whole thing has broken wide, mostly I think, because Sal is/was just a scumbag looking for a paycheck.  Stop making this about "women", this is about a scumbag man.  Whatever the color of his skin.

• Love 8

not that Im on Sal's side or anything...... but something to think about...... Since we know that Sal was the one who filed first..... isnt it odd that he filed now if his plan is to take custody of a child that doesnt exist yet as his meal ticket?? Why wouldnt he wait until after the baby was born to set his plan in motion??
That happened to my brother in law..... his high school sweetheart was completely into him...... they got married as soon as they could.... I think she was a senior in high school.... they got pregnant and maybe 2 months after the baby was born she divorced him.... all she wanted was the baby.

Personally... I think something happened with Sherri that Sal wasnt able to deal with... or didnt want to deal with..... something we dont know about yet..... Im sure it will all come out in court

• Love 1

Personally... I think something happened with Sherri that Sal wasnt able to deal with... or didnt want to deal with..... something we dont know about yet..... Im sure it will all come out in court

God knows I am not a Sherri defender but what on earth could be something that Sal couldn't deal with?  It looked like he had the life of Riley being married to Sherri.  She hustled for work while he went to Hooters, played poker and ........oh yeah he didn't do anything else.

• Love 5

Trying not to pile on here, but it would appear that Sherri is losing her neck (again).  Just sayin'.

...... and it also appears that she feels free to blab on about anything & everything.  Guess this is what we'll be watching til the season ends.  Blech!!

• Love 1

The over animated crap is getting crazy.

Sherri has posted many pictures of Jeffrey online. Does she think just because he was clothed it's any different? Its still a picture of a child. She's so ignorant.

• Love 2
(edited)

God knows I am not a Sherri defender but what on earth could be something that Sal couldn't deal with?  It looked like he had the life of Riley being married to Sherri.  She hustled for work while he went to Hooters, played poker and ........oh yeah he didn't do anything else.

Well it is all speculation.... but Sherri used to talk about how she would get visitors all times of day an night....... when a house with a new married couple has a revolving door of friends and hangers on..... some people cant handle it...... When I first was married... such a long time ago.... my new wife, now ex, had a good friend from high school..... I knew that he was totally into her.... it was so obvious.... but of course she said she didnt see it..... but it came to a point that she needed to either settle him down or we needed to rethink things...... it finally settled down and he wound up moving out of town...... even something innocent could turn into something unseemly

We have all seen how she plays the horny sexy girl part on The View by flirting with every male guest that comes on the show...... I wonder if she acts the same when she has people over.... some men are insecure when their wife/girlfriend flirts with other men

Edited by RogerFromOhio
(edited)

Something came to a head ( no pun intended) during that Spring trip to LA - the one where she tweeted about Jeffrey being barred from 1st class bathroom. Both had tweeted there excitement t about a possible joint venture they were pitching to an employer. Sherrie posted a picture from the Game Show network offices. Whatever the job was, they didn't get any offers, maybe last straw for Sherrie in long list of Sal ideas for work didn't pan out...another instance of Sal not pulling his weight, she finally realizes she will be his meal ticket for life because he can't get good work. They both know her contract is up for renewal with the show and she'd probably be out of a job. If he seriously pitched in around the house and was actively involved with Jeffery (besides playing xbox together) that would have been a huge help to her, but I never got the sense that he did that. Sal probably hooked up with someone, Sherrie found out about it, last straw! The surrogate was around 4-5 months along at that time. Maybe they had a fight and Sal pushed Sherrie's buttons to the brink or revealed stuff and threatened to go to media and embarrass sherrie. Who knows?! He stayed in california for a while after Sherrie and Jeffrey returned to NJ. Something big happened when they were in california!

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 9
(edited)

Sal's ex-girlfriend (the one who was a bridesmaid at their wedding) lives in CA.  Her daughter is Sal's beloved "goddaughter"; he has tweeted how much he enjoys spending time with the little girl.  Just my two-cent speculation:  maybe that little girl is really Sal's daughter. and for personal reasons, they present her as his goddaughter.  Maybe the CA incident was an all-out fight between the three of them over Sal's close friendship with this woman and her child. (Just my imagination, runnin' away with me.)

Edited by Lava VaVoom
  • Love 4

If it's this ex of Sal's who he's hooking back up with, that would be a huge problem for Sherri, or I could also see another woman "gittin" with him if she thought Sherri would be supporting them. 

• Love 2

Sherri Shepherd just may be the stupidest woman on TV. Some of the idiotic babble that comes out of her mouth, makes we wonder what the hell Baba Wawa was possibly thinking when she hired this moron. She is loud, obnoxious and annoying. When she starts to rudely talk over whoever is trying to speak, I can't grab the remote fast enough. When I heard that she and McCarthy were leaving - Jenny was another horrible hiring mistake. NEVER a good fit - I thought finally, I can start watching entire shows again but then when I heard about the possible return of Rosie, that hope was dashed. Guess I'll have to check out The Talk.

• Love 2

I have worked with autistic teenagers. Their parents were neither more nor less intelligent than other parents. 

• Love 2

Sherri interrupted everyone on every single topic. She was loud, physical, contrary and uninformed. And telling Jenny not to apologize? For sharing false information? Because they don't have TIME to do research? Glad you're leaving, Sherri. You are militant in  your ignorance. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Love 10
(edited)

I believe in marriage. But you know when they say ‘This is her companion.’ I think I want to be a companion. Because love is expensive. When I go on a date, I’m going to carry papers with me. This is a prenup, this a confidentiality agreement. Before you even ask me ‘How you doing, I wanna holla at you,’ sign your name right here.” - See more at: http://madamenoire.com/446070/sherri-shepherd-makes-light-of-her-personal-drama/#sthash.xfk3p36G.dpuf

You would have thought Sherri would have learned her lesson after the first divorce.

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 2

Sherri interrupted everyone on every single topic. She was loud, physical, contrary and uninformed. And telling Jenny not to apologize? For sharing false information? Because they don't have TIME to do research? Glad you're leaving, Sherri. You are militant in  your ignorance. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Seriously! Who does Sherri think she is? Jenny McCarthy? ;)

• Love 2