Type keyword(s) to search

Jessica & Ryan D

• Start Topic

I really didn't get anything new from watching these clips that I hadn't already seen or figured out myself.  I did come away more convinced that there was more going on here than we saw on camera.  They're talking about something the audience didn't see first hand.  Why didn't they show it?  Because of that I don't think we'll ever know the full story.  It makes me think they're deliberately trying to keep the audience in the dark.

That said, Jessica's tattoo is often referred to by men as a "tramp stamp".   She may not understand that a lot of people might have a negative view of that particular tattoo and what they might believe it says about a woman.  Not that Ryan isn't a douche for saying that, especially when he knows Jessica is not the type of woman the popular image calls up, but seeing this clip again made me look at his comment in a slightly more understanding light.  It at least explains why he would not also consider his particular tattoo "trashy".

Also I just took a quick look online at question and answer sites and it seems that most people when asked think a Monroe piercing looks "trashy".  In light of that I can see why he stepped on a mine field trying to tell her that despite his image of these things in general he did not find them trashy on her.  Not a good time to tell her that, idiot.  I could see telling her that 3 years into the relationship but not after the first week!

• Love 2

I really didn't get anything new from watching these clips that I hadn't already seen or figured out myself.  I did come away more convinced that there was more going on here than we saw on camera.  They're talking about something the audience didn't see first hand.  Why didn't they show it?  Because of that I don't think we'll ever know the full story.  It makes me think they're deliberately trying to keep the audience in the dark.

That said, Jessica's tattoo is often referred to by men as a "tramp stamp".   She may not understand that a lot of people might have a negative view of that particular tattoo and what they might believe it says about a woman.  Not that Ryan isn't a douche for saying that, especially when he knows Jessica is not the type of woman the popular image calls up, but seeing this clip again made me look at his comment in a slightly more understanding light.  It at least explains why he would not also consider his particular tattoo "trashy".

Also I just took a quick look online at question and answer sites and it seems that most people when asked think a Monroe piercing looks "trashy".  In light of that I can see why he stepped on a mine field trying to tell her that despite his image of these things in general he did not find them trashy on her.  Not a good time to tell her that, idiot.  I could see telling her that 3 years into the relationship but not after the first week!

I think it was particularly clumsy given that the day before, she spoke to him about her ex, whose family didn't think she was good enough.

Also, even though I believe she was the one that initiated sex, she might still feel vulnerable about sleeping with a stranger. So the trashy comment in her mind read as slut. She blacked out after she heard that.

As for Ryan, I think if they were having a general conversation about body art, she wouldn't have taken it so personally. But the comment came right after she showed him pictures. He probably said trashy and added the "It looks good on you" part to save face.

IMO trashy comments are not as bad as him dumping her in the water continuously and throwing the cute towel arrangements. Now those actions were straight up stupid.

What is "trashy" about a facial piercing, anyway? I can understand someone finding them unappealing or even nasty looking, but trashy? That has a connotation of low class or immoral, which I don't get. Goth or rock, yes. Hipster, maybe. Not something an investment banker would wear to work, sure. But even if the intent is to connote "tacky," I don't see how a Monroe piercing qualifies while others don't.

• Love 2

Jessica finally got mad at Ryan and he seemed a little surprised and tried to back peddle, then stormed out. Jessica is starting to see the light! She has also expressed that he is not affectionate, which he is not, and his kisses look like pecks. I wouldn't be surprised if they are only together to shoot the show, then Jessica goes back to her apartment. That is what I would do!

• Love 1

I'm am totally in Jessica's corner when it comes to that fight. I don't care how many people think her tattoos and piercings are trashy, there is absolutely no need to say that to anyone, let alone the person you're married to and already had sex with. Her feelings should mean more to him at this point than voicing his childish opinion. That tattoo isn't going anywhere and if you don't like the piercing then tell her she looks beautiful without it. No excuse for hurting her feelings like that. Then instead of being a man and saying sorry for hurting her feelings, he's all "that's me, that's who I am" and when she doesn't just let it slide starts making stuff up and playing the victim. Like what is she supposed to do? Just sit there eating her dinner and pretend everything's alright until the cameras go away? He signed up for this show. If he doesn't wanna be portrayed badly on TV then maybe he should stop acting like a douche. She has no obligation to set aside her own feelings to spare his, when he's the one who said hurtful things. 

He reminds me so much of someone I used to know, also a guido mind you. He would make snide comments and when it led into an argument, in his mind he was always the victim. Infuriating. 

• Love 10

That's the problem with Ryan D.  He's a child.  Even if he thought her piercing looked like shit, he should have said something like, "You look so much better without it."   Ryan wouldn't have lied if he said that, but he wouldn't have hurt Jessica's feelings either.  Positive criticism is okay, beating someone else up isn't.

There are some people today who believe that being tactful is being fake and by telling the truth they're just "keeping it real."  

• Love 5

I'm am totally in Jessica's corner when it comes to that fight. I don't care how many people think her tattoos and piercings are trashy, there is absolutely no need to say that to anyone, let alone the person you're married to and already had sex with. Her feelings should mean more to him at this point than voicing his childish opinion. That tattoo isn't going anywhere and if you don't like the piercing then tell her she looks beautiful without it. No excuse for hurting her feelings like that. Then instead of being a man and saying sorry for hurting her feelings, he's all "that's me, that's who I am" and when she doesn't just let it slide starts making stuff up and playing the victim. Like what is she supposed to do? Just sit there eating her dinner and pretend everything's alright until the cameras go away? He signed up for this show. If he doesn't wanna be portrayed badly on TV then maybe he should stop acting like a douche. She has no obligation to set aside her own feelings to spare his, when he's the one who said hurtful things. 

He reminds me so much of someone I used to know, also a guido mind you. He would make snide comments and when it led into an argument, in his mind he was always the victim. Infuriating. 

The thing is that the "Trashy" comment isn't an isolated incident. If he hadn't destroyed the towel arrangements, dumped her in the water several times, continued his executions even though she was uncomfortable and referred to sex with this wife as "I had fun", then maybe he could legitimately get mad at Jess for making him loo, bad.

But he is doing a wonderful job by himself. The trashy incident was just the icing on the cake.

• Love 1

Sorry, I am behind, but watching the honeymoon episode. Ryan is so total douche. Jessica is telling him something important about her life and he is looking around and probably thinking can you shut up, let's talk about me.

I hate him!!!!!

• Love 2

I think it was particularly clumsy given that the day before, she spoke to him about her ex, whose family didn't think she was good enough.

Also, even though I believe she was the one that initiated sex, she might still feel vulnerable about sleeping with a stranger. So the trashy comment in her mind read as slut. She blacked out after she heard that.

As for Ryan, I think if they were having a general conversation about body art, she wouldn't have taken it so personally. But the comment came right after she showed him pictures. He probably said trashy and added the "It looks good on you" part to save face.

IMO trashy comments are not as bad as him dumping her in the water continuously and throwing the cute towel arrangements. Now those actions were straight up stupid.

I thought he ruined the cute swan arrangements. Says a lot about a person. He better not mess with her cat. He's a jerk and I think she is seeing that pretty quickly. Her father's face was priceless when they had nothing to say about how the honeymoon went. I wouldn't want to mess with that man.

Edited by rednails
  • Love 1

I liked last night's show. Ryan seemed very sweet and sincere, and they look like they got over the restaurant/tatoo thing from last week. That they talked 2.5 hours on the phone talking the situation out and probably making future plans is a good thing. Jessica continuing to bring it up however in the voiceovers got annoying. Also the fact that she referred to all the other men she's been close to as having disrespected her too. As the show continues, we may see more of Jessica's issues from past relationships come to the surface.

• Love 1

I think Douche actually likes Jessica. You don't talk to a girl you don't like for 21/2 hours.

After they returned from the honeymoon she didn't want to go to his house but he probably talked her into it. He is so afraid of what his boys will think but I think he likes her.

He is just immature and quick tempered. But I wish he would have apologised when he came back into the restaurant.

• Love 1

I am a little baffled by his occupation of "Business Consultant".  At his age, I wonder how he has developed the skills to have such an occupation, and how he developed the relationships to make a living at it.  It's possible he works with or for a firm that is in business consulting.

I realize "consultant" can mean many different things, but generally I assume it is an expert who is needed for specific project.  Business these days seems to require a higher level of quantitative skills than it used to.  I do not really see Ryan D display characteristics I associate with consultants.

The consultants I have dealt with, business and IT, seem to be able to get along better with clients than Ryan D gets along with Jessica.  If indeed he is used to dealing with clients in a positive manner he may apply some of those ideas to his marriage.  A consultant probably does not want to say to a client at dinner, 'that's private, we should not talk about it here'.

When his mother hugged him upon his arrival at the family gathering (which was wonderfully generous on her part), he looked right through her to see who was in the next room.  It must be terribly distracting to have the camera crew everywhere.

• Love 1

Ryan's "I hope I don't have to get mad bat her like that again", last night said it all for me and I was a hold out labeling him something more serious than a jerk. Only someone really not to be trusted says something like that.

• Love 10

I am rooting for everybody.  I think Ryan D has some growing up to do, I think maybe Jessica does as well.  The incident over the "trashy" remark reminded me of the stupid "drama" over Doug lying about smoking a cigarette.  Totally over the top.

I thought Ryan tried to explain what he had really meant (or back pedal a bit) and Jess wouldn't have it.  So he walked before he got really mad.  Which is a way of managing a situation.  I've done that, where I've gotten to the point I can't even say something without it being turned back against me and I just have to walk out for a minute to get control.

I don't think Ryan is that bad a guy, but I don't think Jess is a good match for him.  Unfortunately he's gonna get the blame for being matched with the wrong person when I think Jess should share some of the blame.  Hopefully we'll see some different stuff in the coming weeks.

• Love 6

Finally, someone else who isn't totally turned off by him. I keep reading these negative posts about him, which is everyone's own opinion and I'm not saying anything against that, but I keep wondering what everyone else is seeing and I'm not. I don't think he's bad at all and I actually like them together and hope they work out. I would much rather see her with this Ryan than the other Ryan. There's a lot of baggage Jessica is carrying around from past relationships that she won't let go, and I hope she won't let that get in the way with Ryan. He's said over and over he's totally committed. I'm rooting for all the couples too.

• Love 3

Finally, someone else who isn't totally turned off by him. I keep reading these negative posts about him, which is everyone's own opinion and I'm not saying anything against that, but I keep wondering what everyone else is seeing and I'm not. I don't think he's bad at all and I actually like them together and hope they work out. I would much rather see her with this Ryan than the other Ryan. There's a lot of baggage Jessica is carrying around from past relationships that she won't let go, and I hope she won't let that get in the way with Ryan. He's said over and over he's totally committed. I'm rooting for all the couples too.

You're not the only one.  I don't see this abuser at all, I just don't.  What I do see is an immature man who needs to grow up, but I think Jessica needs to grow up too, so there is that.  

• Love 5

Ryan's "I hope I don't have to get mad bat her like that again", last night said it all for me and I was a hold out labeling him something more serious than a jerk. Only someone really not to be trusted says something like that.

Yeah, that's like abuser talk 101 right there and he actually said it to her while they were sitting at table in his apartment. I hope Jess never has to find out what he's really capable of. I know I'd be out of there in a heartbeat if he'd said that to me.

• Love 6

I totally agree with MsPH too that it sounds like classic abuser language, but if what someone said in the episode thread is true, Jessica was guilty of reopening an argument in front of the cameras that Ryan had already felt was put to rest in private, which kind of explains why he doesn't want to take responsibility for having gotten mad at her "again" or potentially getting mad at her again if she instigates it the future.  He may not have meant it in general but with regard to this issue and how she reopened it.  He sees his getting mad at her the second time as her fault for what he saw as her instigating the same argument again.  He is just not that good at expressing himself, I think.  He comes off spewing out all sorts of amazing lingo but it sounds formulaic to me (and I've seen others here say that too).

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2

I can understand why people get "abuser" vibes from Ryan. If a man's idea of showing "affection" to you is flipping over a jet-ski while you're hanging off of the back (this could have gone terribly wrong), DUMP HIM! The experts are full of it for saying these people can't just walk away from the marriage. After that incident, Jessica should run, not walk. I definitely think Ryan knows the right things to do/say to reel his partners back in. He was on his best behavior last episode but I remember them arguing on separate occasion during a season preview. Hopefully Jessica comes to sense at the end of all of this. He's not for her.

• Love 3

I also noticed that comment of "I hope she doesn't make me get mad at her" and I immediately was reminded of an abusive ex-boyfriend I had. Nothing was ever his fault. This is so classic abusive behavior. He's so slimy and knows what to say and then can turn it around in a second by being mean. Which is also CLASSIC abusive behavior. They are con artists and master manipulators. It's how they keep their victims aka partners hooked.

• Love 4

Yeah, SaucyMommy, I see Ryan as too much of a child to be a master manipulator.  I think people can be de-facto abusers just by being neglectful and immature but they don't firmly fit into the pattern of the classic emotional abuser who comes from the cycle of victimhood/abuser, etc..  A long time ago I had a boyfriend like Ryan.  I ended up feeling abused but he was totally clueless about how his behavior was coming across.  He was so immature and self centered that he just did what was right for him all the time regardless of how I felt about it.  It certainly felt like abuse but all he needed was to grow up, which he eventually did and to my knowledge is not anywhere near being an abuser now (I still know him).  I definitely think Ryan D. is past the age of being given a break for being young.  But I also think his behavior is even worse than he would be if he really was invested in Jessica, which I don't think he is past a sexual relationship.  I agree with someone who said a couple of weeks ago that Ryan D. is acting like a guy who is forced to stay with a woman he is not into and all this acting out is a part of his wishing he could just unload her right now, which he can't because of his obligation to the show.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

Ryan seems to be really dismissive of others' feelings - in the last episode, when his mom was describing what a difficult time she'd had that year with her mother's death, right on the heels of her father's death, and Ryan followed up with some "it's in the past, hopefully they're in a better place, it's the circle of life" speech. It just seemed like a really cold and unfeeling thing to say. 

He seems really uncomfortable with others expressing emotion - like whatever's happened, they should all just move on and get over it already. No discussion!

• Love 7

Ryan seems to be really dismissive of others' feelings - in the last episode, when his mom was describing what a difficult time she'd had that year with her mother's death, right on the heels of her father's death, and Ryan followed up with some "it's in the past, hopefully they're in a better place, it's the circle of life" speech. It just seemed like a really cold and unfeeling thing to say. 

He seems really uncomfortable with others expressing emotion - like whatever's happened, they should all just move on and get over it already. No discussion!

I didn't find anything cold or unfeeling in the way he acted at his mom's house...or for the entire episode for that matter.

• Love 1

I got the feeling on this last episode that The result of Jessica and Ryan's talk was that the were going to put a good face on things and go through with the filming. I did not get the impression they worked anything out other than that agreement.

• Love 6

I got the feeling on this last episode that The result of Jessica and Ryan's talk was that the were going to put a good face on things and go through with the filming. I did not get the impression they worked anything out other than that agreement.

Yep I get the impression that was the final straw for Jess, I am guessing somebody slept on the couch that night as it is unfolded when they are eating breakfast.

It is a mystery why these two were paired Jess has said that this sort of behavior from men has hurt her in past relationships. She seems to have slipped already into not voicing all her thoughts (the awkward honeymoon talk with Ryans mom at Christmas) so that she not on the receiving end of more anger. If they had truly resolved the issue she should not be afraid to bring it up again.

Ryan seems to think he can act like a jerk, half apologise and then the behavior is wiped.

• Love 4

Jessica made it clear to the experts, specifically to Dr. Pepper, that she is a very emotional, sensitive woman...and added that she is also quite moody.  So, how did these experts see Jessica, with these specific character/personality traits, as a "perfect match" for Ryan? 

A couple of people here mentioned how she responded to Ryan's comment on "Who's there?" when she knocked on his door.  She rudely quipped, "Why say that?!"  This is just one small example of why she irks me.  She stated that her past failed relationships with men were "back to back to back".  That signals she is likely the problem...and of course she could have been choosing the wrong men as well. 

But if a guy says something to Jessica that she doesn't approve it, it's likely that she will not let it go.  An example of this was her reaction to Ryan's comment on her Monroe piercing.  She could have just made light of it vs. going on and on about it to the point of driving him mad.  Then when he returned she went on and on over how he had left and how she would never do such a thing.  She is a difficult person...and they paired her with a guy that may lack maturity and has admitted anger problems.  Jessica also seems to lack maturity.  What an explosive, dysfunctional situation to put these two people in...for a marriage no less.

• Love 3

I think she has been choosing the wrong men, and I thinks she may make subtle mistakes. For example, when she was telling Ryan she had been engaged, she told him one of the problems was that his family didn't think she was good enough for him. Why tell Ryan that? It put that on his mind......she was putting herself down by telling him that. I like her though and she was right to finally not take any more of his BS. And he still hasn't apologized for what he said. It wasn't how he said it!

• Love 3

I think she has been choosing the wrong men, and I thinks she may make subtle mistakes. For example, when she was telling Ryan she had been engaged, she told him one of the problems was that his family didn't think she was good enough for him. Why tell Ryan that? It put that on his mind......she was putting herself down by telling him that. I like her though and she was right to finally not take any more of his BS. And he still hasn't apologized for what he said. It wasn't how he said it!

Yes, I thought the same thing...on what was the point of telling Ryan the previous boyfriend's family didn't think she was good enough for their Son.  Very strange.  It's like she was looking for some reassurance from Ryan on her character...or just some compliments in general.  She may be an insecure person and that is not good either in terms of building and maintaining stable relationships with others.  Insecure people have issues that come out in many ways...none of which are generally positive.

• Love 3

Yep I get the impression that was the final straw for Jess, I am guessing somebody slept on the couch that night as it is unfolded when they are eating breakfast.

It is a mystery why these two were paired Jess has said that this sort of behavior from men has hurt her in past relationships. She seems to have slipped already into not voicing all her thoughts (the awkward honeymoon talk with Ryans mom at Christmas) so that she not on the receiving end of more anger. If they had truly resolved the issue she should not be afraid to bring it up again.

Ryan seems to think he can act like a jerk, half apologise and then the behavior is wiped.

Yes I caught that too. IMO the fight was way more intense that what was shown on camera and went on after they got back to the hotel. I also think he may have used a harsher word than trashy. He is capable of it.

Also, Jess's parents were totally aware of the fight at the Christmas dinner. Her father tried to play it cool but her mom was not here for it at all

I think she got set up by the experts. Yes she is somewhat in secure but at least honest. She knows she picks assholes, that's why she wanted the experts to help her find an actually decent guy. But no, they pair her with an insensitive jerk for ratings. 

• Love 2

I'm a wise-acre from birth, but I find "jokers" who find ways to "joke" or "prank" in ways deliberately chosen to scare, upset, humiliate, belittle, or even just annoy, to be insufferable prats who need to grow the hell up. This goes double for a man-woman situation. A decent man in general, let alone a man in love, doesn't find upsetting a woman to be humorous.

Moreover, Ryan's risible "It's trashy on OTHERS, not on YOU!" lameness is why he blew up and left; he was caught out on camera. (Has he looked at his own arms?)

Bah. One could see as soon as the chapel doors opened that Ryan was deflated. And then at the altar he barely looked at Jessica. At the wedding party he didn't hold her chair or help her get seated. She never should have succumbed to his wedding-night-so-my-buddies-expect-this overtures.

He wants out ASAP so that he can proceed with his Reality TV fame and fortune.

Bwahahahahaha!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

I've been surprised by Jessica's frequent mention of bf' s family thinking she wasn't good enough for their son. Unless I'm remembering events completely wrong, Jessica made a big deal of the bf/fiance being an unfaithful serial cheater (during the Matchmaking episode). Her point seemed to be she broke it off with him, not the other way around.

It's possible, of course, that both elements are true -- the family hated her AND he was a bad guy. But I'm tending to believe her constant mention of "I wasn't good enough, according to his family," is her way of maybe getting RyanD to exclaim, "what?! Were they nuts?!" Poor Jess......she's got the wrong guy to be a supportive, sympathetic bf.

I remember Dr C being crazy about Jessica in Season 1, and still holding those feelings for her as this season's selection began. Yet Jessica and RyanD are so wrong and harmful for each other, it makes me wonder. If Dr C weren't gay, I'd be all, geez did he set her up with a horror show, so he could save her later and sell himself? But I realize that can't be it, at least not romantically.

Of all the sadness I've seen on reality, Jess has made it to my top 3 people I feel genuine sorrow for. But, you know, if she's out there trying to make it in the spokesmodel/dancing/acting world, she's had to have her share of rejections and harsh critiques. So maybe she's not as fragile as I see her.

You're willing to put your private life on tv, you gotta have balls.

• Love 1

Did Ryan say he intentionally flipped the jet skis?

Did anyone actually hear his "trashy" comment?

She annoyed me with her complaining about the water and she stayed in it for a couple minutes then argued (unnecessarily) that it was more than 5 minutes and expected congratulations for staying that long. Then she chooses dolphins and freaks out (drama queen; camera time to play victim) again.

Yeah, Ryan is a jerk but she is more annoying. She keeps bringing up something that happened off camera--trashy mole/tattoo/piercing--and since she is the talker we just get her side of it. She even brings it up on x-mas after they supposedly hashed it out. She says something like she has gotten over it FOR NOW (and then to bring up later at every disagreement to get him mad since he knows she is lying about it…..[just my imagination and I don't know who is telling the true]). I wonder if she is lying/manipulating since she may be thinking that he isn't in to her.

Maybe she is sabotaging her relationships. Ryan's flaws are obvious but I get a bad vibe from her.

Did Ryan say he intentionally flipped the jet skis?

Did anyone actually hear his "trashy" comment?

She annoyed me with her complaining about the water and she stayed in it for a couple minutes then argued (unnecessarily) that it was more than 5 minutes and expected congratulations for staying that long. Then she chooses dolphins and freaks out (drama queen; camera time to play victim) again.

Yeah, Ryan is a jerk but she is more annoying. She keeps bringing up something that happened off camera--trashy mole/tattoo/piercing--and since she is the talker we just get her side of it. She even brings it up on x-mas after they supposedly hashed it out. She says something like she has gotten over it FOR NOW (and then to bring up later at every disagreement to get him mad since he knows she is lying about it…..[just my imagination and I don't know who is telling the true]). I wonder if she is lying/manipulating since she may be thinking that he isn't in to her.

Maybe she is sabotaging her relationships. Ryan's flaws are obvious but I get a bad vibe from her.

You know if the trashy incident was isolated, I could begin to maybe see Ryan's side to the story. But this guy has said/done disrespectful things from the beginning and wouldn't stop.

I don't see what Jess gains as being referred to as trashy. I think her bringing it on camera was actually genuine. She couldn't hold it in and had to deal with her feelings right then and there. Like another poster said, he was the one who insulted her, so why should she care about not embarrassing him? did he think about her feelings when he made the comment?

And maybe I'm super sensitive like Jessica, cause a guy who acted like an immature asshole during our honeymoon, called me trashy and didn't want to apologize straight away, would never get a pass. I would be guarded as hell too.

• Love 3

He manipulated the conversation too and tried to make it about the WAY he said it, not what he said, and then using one of the experts' buzzwords that it was a Bump in the road. Then the experts said their biggest challenge is about communication. If a marriage partner is making the other feel bad in any way, that is abuse, and if it is repeated and on the honeymoon no less, that is a bad sign. I don't think there is anything to talk about at that point. Abuse usually escalates. I think they matched Jessica with someone deeply flawed. This is not a bump in the road, and can't be negotiated or worked out.

Once Jessica got to Staten Island Ryan was on his best behavior. It won't last long. I don't think they are really together at this point anyway. Marriage can be about staying, hoping that things will change, but even the experts should know that it is a big mistake to think that your partner will change.

It is done, or should be done, for Jessica!

• Love 1

You know if the trashy incident was isolated, I could begin to maybe see Ryan's side to the story. But this guy has said/done disrespectful things from the beginning and wouldn't stop.

I don't see what Jess gains as being referred to as trashy. I think her bringing it on camera was actually genuine. She couldn't hold it in and had to deal with her feelings right then and there. Like another poster said, he was the one who insulted her, so why should she care about not embarrassing him? did he think about her feelings when he made the comment?

And maybe I'm super sensitive like Jessica, cause a guy who acted like an immature asshole during our honeymoon, called me trashy and didn't want to apologize straight away, would never get a pass. I would be guarded as hell too.

What if she has misinterpreted the situation and he didn't insult her? He could have said, "Piercings usually look trashy but yours looks good on you". Dumb comment but not insulting at her.

If she is seeing insults where there are none then I can see him getting angry and also fearing that he has to walk on eggshells around her. I can also see apologizing for her being hurt and not what was said if he knows what he really said wasn't an insult.

Horrible communication and stupid comment of him but I get "crazy" vibes from her and "angry" vibes from him. He isn't innocent but I think he is straightforward compared to her. He is an immature jerk but I think Jessica has more "pathology" (I'm not sure why but she sets off my "crazy" radar).

What if she has misinterpreted the situation and he didn't insult her? He could have said, "Piercings usually look trashy but yours looks good on you". Dumb comment but not insulting at her.

If she is seeing insults where there are none then I can see him getting angry and also fearing that he has to walk on eggshells around her. I can also see apologizing for her being hurt and not what was said if he knows what he really said wasn't an insult.

Horrible communication and stupid comment of him but I get "crazy" vibes from her and "angry" vibes from him. He isn't innocent but I think he is straightforward compared to her. He is an immature jerk but I think Jessica has more "pathology" (I'm not sure why but she sets off my "crazy" radar).

I don't see her as being crazy. In fact she reacted much more calmly to the situation that I would have.

As for the situation, well at worst he called her trashy at best it was a back handed compliment (it looks like shit but it looks good on you; which is still very much fucked up). And don't forget that he commented on TWO things on her body( tattoos and piercing). She wouldn't be crazy for thinking that he is calling her trashy if he makes two similar comments about her appearance. His comments and behaviour scream passive agressive asshole.

• Love 4

I'm not a fan of either of them and think it was a horrible pairing.

edit: wanted to add that I bet they will stay together since more fame and I suspect they worked something out on the phone (mutual beneficial arrangement or something like that).

Edited by Vicky8675309

Ok I'm at the beginning at the episode. She wants to save money on food and offers to cook what he likes. And Ryan answers ever so gracefully "I'm OK with that, I'll compromise".

I swear I want to reach across the screen to smack him upside his head. He gives me "I was raised by wolves" vibes and yet his mom seems so normal.

He can't even say thanks. I will be very annoyed if they stay together cause he is such an inconsiderate asshole.

• Love 2

Right. Since when is a compromise to EAT in? That's crazy. He's going to have some serious culture shock when he ever has kids and realizes they eat up 90% of your funds. No more eating out Mr. I make a LOT Of MONEY

• Love 1

Awwww, most people change their lifestyles quite a bit when they have kids.  I liked that he said something about trying to provide for Jessica, for his family.  That was nice. 

And honestly, I like a guy who is willing to be spendy.  ;)

• Love 1

Ok I'm at the beginning at the episode. She wants to save money on food and offers to cook what he likes. And Ryan answers ever so gracefully "I'm OK with that, I'll compromise".

I swear I want to reach across the screen to smack him upside his head. He gives me "I was raised by wolves" vibes and yet his mom seems so normal.

He can't even say thanks. I will be very annoyed if they stay together cause he is such an inconsiderate asshole.

If his mom is so normal, why wasn't she raising him? I say that because he has constantly talked about how his grandparents raised him...not babysat him every day while she was at work...but raised him. Where was she in this mix?

I'm hoping they stay together, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way.

• Love 1