Type keyword(s) to search

Jessica & Ryan D

• Start Topic

I'm afraid you might be right about this. Each of these couples seems to be a very poor match. Either they are polar opposites (Jaclyn/Ryan R and Jessica/Ryan D) or are suffering from so much of the same kind of dysfunction that they'll only drag each other down (Sean/Davina.)

The show doesn't seem to realize, though, that viewers really do watch this for the romantic aspect and real chance at love. The train-wreck aspect is too disturbing and sad when it does happen. Though I like a good train wreck as much as anyone, I'll watch something far more ridiculous like 90-Day Fiancee for that. MAFS takes itself too seriously to be good train-wreck TV. You'd think the producers would know that by now.

Great post.  You're right.  I watch for the romance and am really upset with the fighting.  I couldn't watch Jessica and Ryan fight.  It bothers me so much.  I didn't like the way Ryan R. behaved either.  My husband was the one yelling when Ryan was bellyaching about being homesick and he doesn't even like watching TV LOL!  I'm feeling worried for Jaclyn now and I just can't stomach Sean and Davina.  I'm starting to hate this show.  I bet the producers will show all 3 couples getting along next week then it'll go back to the shits the week after.  I can't wait to see who stays together.  I just hope I can hang in there to the end.   This is messed up!!!

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure that Ryan isn't Italian. I don't think that the shitshow we see on the screen every week is an accurate depiction of all Italians and Latinas.

Ryan is Jewish.  He uses his stepfather's last name.  Someone following this show found his Linkedin account and he is registered with a different name other than De Nino.  Your post is right on!

• Love 1

Wow these two are absolutely hopeless. There is zero communication between them despite the fact that all they do is talk about how important communication is. I think it took me 40 years of being married before I got to the 'go fuck yourself' curse. That's just exasperation on Jessica's part, she cant get through to Ryan, he's too much of a steampipe blowing off. I almost want to step in between them with arms extended and say 'be quiet, let's sit down and take turns talking in a normal tone'. I hate saying it but it almost made me sick to my stomach the way this couple treats each other. Ryan says "you're just not getting it" and Jessica says "what am I not getting?" so he blows her off saying "read a book". That's when the curse came out.  Don't these people expect that they will have to at least TRY to be what the other person needs or expects? If they're that unwilling to change things about themselves that are not positive things for a relationship then the only reason they're here at all is strictly for the publicity and money of the show. That would make them all nothing more than media whores who use their exposure via a television show to leverage their careers.

You are so right!  This is Ryan's second reality series and Jessica wants to be an actress.  We'll be seeing them on Dancing with the Stars next.  Seems the fans have been duped.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm afraid you might be right about this. Each of these couples seems to be a very poor match. Either they are polar opposites (Jaclyn/Ryan R and Jessica/Ryan D) or are suffering from so much of the same kind of dysfunction that they'll only drag each other down (Sean/Davina.)

The show doesn't seem to realize, though, that viewers really do watch this for the romantic aspect and real chance at love. The train-wreck aspect is too disturbing and sad when it does happen. Though I like a good train wreck as much as anyone, I'll watch something far more ridiculous like 90-Day Fiancee for that. MAFS takes itself too seriously to be good train-wreck TV. You'd think the producers would know that by now.

Here's the thing.  Is that what the viewers really want, or just the ones here on this board?  As I get older, I realize that I am no longer in the desired demographic the networks want.  When things don't appeal to me, it might be because these shows aren't aimed at me.  There are people who want to see conflict; if people didn't want to see fights and conflict, none of the Real Housewives shows or Bad Girls Club shows would still be one.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this was all about getting on TV.  I mean Kim Kardashian is a millionaire and her success started, not because she was a great singer, dancer or actress, it started with a sex tape.  I'm sure that has motivated people; and now folks realize that there can be gold at the end of the reality TV rainbow.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

I'd rather see love than verbal abuse.

My point wasn't that those of us here would like to see something different, my point was, what do the demographic that FYI and A&E are catering to want?  Once I hit 49, no network really cared a fuck what I wanted, it's always been about what young people want, and I'm okay with that.

My issue is that sometimes, I think the word "abuse" gets overused to the point that every behavior that's not smiling and friendly is getting called abuse.  The problem with Ryan and Jessica is that they don't belong together.  Ryan needs a woman who could give it right back to him, probably shutting him up, and Jessica needs someone a little more laid back.  But then again, I get the feeling that if Jessica had a laid back man, she'd probably accuse him of "not taking charge."  

• Love 4
(edited)

I know that we've all seen the photograph of Ryan's grandparents on the table by his bed. I found the photo and my mouth dropped. He's a mini-me of his grandfather. (it must be the snarly grin) I know that he said his grandfather is the kind of guy that says 'shut up' to his wife and I'm sure Ryan wants to follow in his footsteps by emulating him, even if it's not the best personality to emulate. If that means copying all the bad personality traits of his grandfather, Ryan seems alright with that.

ryandn.jpg?308ab5

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

Jessica and Ryan need individual therapy to sort through their issues independently. I think it's clear to all viewers they are two broken people that were put together and neither were ready for marriage.

• Love 4

Jessica and Ryan need individual therapy to sort through their issues independently. I think it's clear to all viewers they are two broken people that were put together and neither were ready for marriage.

Yup, which is why I'm going to have serious issues if they decide to stay together at the end. That'll be definite proof this is all predetermined for me. 

• Love 3

Also telling someone "I would never want this" While gestering their hands toward the other - is putting them down. Putting someone down is verbal abuse. I don't throw the word around lightly at all. I'm no fan of Jessica, but I don't think she's causing his reactions. He is an adult and is in charge of how he responds. Belittling, mocking and putting someone down is abusive in a relationship and no one deserves it. That behavior to me tells me he is a broken man with serious self esteem issues. Any healthy man would never talk to a woman that way. My husband would never speak to me like that. Never.

• Love 10
Also telling someone "I would never want this" While gestering their hands toward the other - is putting them down.

When he said that, I took his meaning to be he didn't like the unhappy situation they were in, not Jess in particular.  No one would want the fighting and the frustration that they both apparently are feeling about their inability to communicate.  I find there is fault on both sides, and their inability to express themselves (and listen to what the other is saying) is really hard to watch.

• Love 4

Ryan DeNino (DeNino is his stepfather's name) is a Staten Island Jewish 'Guido' if that's possible. He's not from 'Joisey' but his friends all look like 'Guidos', his mannerisms are 'Guido', and he treats women like a 'Guido'. He's an actor that was cast in a reality show. He is a business owner but only he and God knows what that business is, there's no details given about his business. Maybe it's a cement company. Has anyone checked his Instagram? I was curious this morning and took a look at all the photos (there's a kabillion). I kept scrolling down and down and down to reach the bottom of his photos and I ran out of patience and stopped scrolling. It ran into infinity and after five minutes of constant scrolling down, I thought to myself 'stop it fool', so I didn't care about it anymore.

Bottom line, they're all actors who got paid to get married for a television reality show. Whatever reasons they had for doing it is something only they know. I'm sure that some considered the exposure to be a great vehicle for their budding careers.

• Love 1

I do realize they are all TV wannabe's but are they such accomplished actors that everything we see is really all acting? I think there is some element of reality that is being filmed, even though I am sure the story lines are producer driven.

• Love 1
Also telling someone "I would never want this" While gestering their hands toward the other - is putting them down.

I thought he meant he would never want "this" meaning doing this on TV.  

• Love 4

If their families weren't involved I would think they were acting, but unfortunately, it's not a case. I think we have a case of:
1) Wanting to be on TV as the main motivation
2) Finding a spouse who can get you more TV opportunities as the second motivation
3) Sex and possibly finding someone you could stay with for a while being the last one.

The only exception for this group is Ryan R, who I believe is motivated by n° 3 first and foremost.

• Love 3

As far as whether the folks on this board are the only ones who don't like the fighting and disaster aspect of this show: I've skimmed a lot of Facebook posts on the Married At First Sight page - there are thousands and thousands - and THAT is where you'll see a lot of distress and upset over watching Ryan D and Jessica together.

So, no, I don't think it's just us. Yes, you need drama -- storytelling -- suspense -- what's gonna happen next? -- for any series to keep people watching, but the producers seem to be confusing "drama" with train-wreck disaster and utter failure.

Someone pointed out that viewers watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette for the romance, not for the depressing failures or freak-show aspect, and that the fans are very unhappy when the producers forget that.

MAFS is the same way. Those viewers want romance and success, too. Now, there can be *some* failures, or it wouldn't be believable. (I didn't say "realistic" - I just said "believable." )  ;)

Trying to turn MAFS into a Jerry Springer-type freak show with the kind of participants we're getting this season is going to kill the show, not make it a success.

I'd love to know a couple of things: Is there really a shortage of people who would both sign up for a show like this AND are sane, to the point that it's difficult to make good matches from such a small pool?

And what's the other reality show that Ryan D has been on?

• Love 1

Told by ?  

I'm pretty sure I  read it here and on another forum. He was also on a TV show : Brooklyn something something (can't remember the exact title)

Not seeing him linked (at least on Google) with Shahs of Sunset. Ryan Seacrest is involved with ath show, lol.   If you find links to this info, please post, thanks!  Brooklyn Nine-Nine?  That's not a reality show.  

As far as whether the folks on this board are the only ones who don't like the fighting and disaster aspect of this show: I've skimmed a lot of Facebook posts on the Married At First Sight page - there are thousands and thousands - and THAT is where you'll see a lot of distress and upset over watching Ryan D and Jessica together.

So, no, I don't think it's just us. Yes, you need drama -- storytelling -- suspense -- what's gonna happen next? -- for any series to keep people watching, but the producers seem to be confusing "drama" with train-wreck disaster and utter failure.

Someone pointed out that viewers watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette for the romance, not for the depressing failures or freak-show aspect, and that the fans are very unhappy when the producers forget that.

MAFS is the same way. Those viewers want romance and success, too. Now, there can be *some* failures, or it wouldn't be believable. (I didn't say "realistic" - I just said "believable." )  ;)

Trying to turn MAFS into a Jerry Springer-type freak show with the kind of participants we're getting this season is going to kill the show, not make it a success.

I'd love to know a couple of things: Is there really a shortage of people who would both sign up for a show like this AND are sane, to the point that it's difficult to make good matches from such a small pool?

And what's the other reality show that Ryan D has been on?

I was actually thinking just this. If this season is an indication of future seasons, this is the FINAL season I will watch of it. The fighting is beyond uncomfortable to watch. Watching someone tell the other to "go F themselves" is disheartening. Putting strangers together with NO intervention in 3 weeks is maddening. Why are there even experts.  There is a lot of talk that it's one person worse than the other. Yes, they are both absolutely at fault. I have been In Jessica's shoes though. When you feel horribly about yourself, communication is really, really hard. And you settle for guys that treat you like garbage. For Ryan, he also doesn't seem to think too highly of himself or he wouldn't flaunt that he's got so much money or can spend so much on things. People that do that are not rich, they don't have money and they have low self esteem. The experts failed with this match. The show's premise was to show us what could happen when experts set people up in arranged marriages in the hopes it would be more successful than how we meet currently. Their stats are falling and their reasons for matching these 6 is really dreadful. We thought they would have mutual attraction to one another? Really? that's a basis. Physical appearance means absolutely nothing if the personalities do not click. And physical attraction will not sustain a relationship - IE Monet and Vaughn. I've disliked this match since episode one. And watching their fights made me cringe. In fact I played apps on my phone until another couple was featured.

• Love 2
(edited)

^^^^^^I was told "Shahs of Sunset"

I watch that show and I've never seen him on it.  Maybe he was in the background?

Their fights don't make me cringe, what they do is bore me.

But I agree that the experts failed big time.  Who puts two people together because "they're sexy together?"  I don't remember which expert said that, but it sounded so juvenile.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I watch that show and I've never seen him on it.  Maybe he was in the background?

Their fights don't make me cringe, what they do is bore me.

But I agree that the experts failed big time.  Who puts two people together because "they're sexy together?"  I don't remember which expert said that, but it sounded so juvenile.  

Dr. Pepper who has also written an erotic memoir about her own sex adventures. I think she needs some help from experts herself.

• Love 1

They have her in MAFS in the sociologist's role, but Dr. Pepper is actually a sexologist. The experts' view of what makes a couple compatible is outrageous. Why would being a sexual late bloomer matter when you are in your 30's?

• Love 1

Dr. Pepper who has also written an erotic memoir about her own sex adventures. I think she needs some help from experts herself.

What's wrong with that?  I don't get why folk are so hung up on sex, or on women having sex who are...gasp over 25.  

I don't care that she wrote a book about herself.  More power to her.  It just doesn't make sense to marry two people off because "they're sexy together."  That comment alone told me she didn't know what she was talking about.

• Love 3

Nothing's wrong with it per se, but combined with her pairing people up because "they'd be sexy together", it makes her seem a bit sex obsessed to me. Sex is great and all, but I can't help side-eyeing people who put too much emphasis on it and make it their life and career. There are far more important things in life and relationships.

• Love 2

Not seeing him linked (at least on Google) with Shahs of Sunset. Ryan Seacrest is involved with ath show, lol.   If you find links to this info, please post, thanks!  Brooklyn Nine-Nine?  That's not a reality show.

I have a hard time believing Ryan D is an actor with the way he seems so uncomfortable on camera.

• Love 3

I was actually thinking just this. If this season is an indication of future seasons, this is the FINAL season I will watch of it. The fighting is beyond uncomfortable to watch. Watching someone tell the other to "go F themselves" is disheartening. Putting strangers together with NO intervention in 3 weeks is maddening. Why are there even experts.  There is a lot of talk that it's one person worse than the other. Yes, they are both absolutely at fault. I have been In Jessica's shoes though. When you feel horribly about yourself, communication is really, really hard. And you settle for guys that treat you like garbage. For Ryan, he also doesn't seem to think too highly of himself or he wouldn't flaunt that he's got so much money or can spend so much on things. People that do that are not rich, they don't have money and they have low self esteem. The experts failed with this match. The show's premise was to show us what could happen when experts set people up in arranged marriages in the hopes it would be more successful than how we meet currently. Their stats are falling and their reasons for matching these 6 is really dreadful. We thought they would have mutual attraction to one another? Really? that's a basis. Physical appearance means absolutely nothing if the personalities do not click. And physical attraction will not sustain a relationship - IE Monet and Vaughn. I've disliked this match since episode one. And watching their fights made me cringe. In fact I played apps on my phone until another couple was featured.

Last season, right out of the gate, you had this amazing pairing with Jason & Courtney. It was really magical. They were so cute and sweet, and they just merrily rolled along growing stronger and stronger. Then Jamie and Doug....we all LOVED Doug and was rooting for him, even though Jamie was really horrible at first. But she had REAL reasons for the way she was...you understood that drama. Vaughn & Monet...I still don't know why that actually failed, but at least they did it gracefully. My point being....I was really looking forward to this season's new couples. And I'm so saddened that the show doesn't appear to have taken as much care with the matchups this year as they did last. I still think they feel the same way, but last year you could really tell how invested the experts were. Was it Jamie & Doug...when Jamie said she wanted to stay married that sexologist started tearing up. That's what I'm not seeing this year. That tenderness and sweetness that the show had. This show became a hit and the experts have been pushed to the side. You can't tell me last year they would have paired two people who live 2 1/2-3 hours from each other together. They wouldn't have done it. The direction of this show has changed and you have 6 peoples' lives that have been affected by the greed of the show's producers.

• Love 4
(edited)

I rewatched the fight and my God, Ryan looks like a crazy person. Seriously scary shit. If he's acting then  he deserves an Oscar. 

EDIT: there are unopened NYE decorations on the table. That editing trick.....

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's in the bachelorette forum, Ryan and Jessica thread but the thread has exploded since the last time I've been there. 

Edited by moonxyz
(edited)

Wonder what type of arrangement these two have made with each other to advance their acting careers.  Their fireworks maybe more manufactured than previously thought.

Edited by Liberty

Wonder what type of arrangement these two have made with each other to advance their acting careers.  There fireworks maybe more manufactured than previously thought.

I am starting to think this too! The scene at the laundromat seemed a bit too dramatic to not be staged.  Jessica stumbled in, struggling to haul her bag of laundry to a coin-operated machine while Ryan triumphantly marched his bag in to drop it off at the fluff and fold. That contrast was set to emphasize the chasm between them but now I think we might be the ones being played.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am starting to think this too! The scene at the laundromat seemed a bit too dramatic to not be staged.  Jessica stumbled in, struggling to haul her bag of laundry to a coin-operated machine while Ryan triumphantly marched his bag in to drop it off at the fluff and fold. That contrast was set to emphasize the chasm between them but now I think we might be the ones being played.

The Laundromat scene was 100% staged IMO, I believe the rest of the fight may have accurate.

I stated above that there was an editing trick with this fight: the fight clearly happended at the 2.5 week mark, right after they moved in and before NYE where they clearly made up. The editing bologna makes me beleive that were are being set up and they may still be together in the end. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 1

I don't know if someone posted about this- but I was watching a 2013 episode of Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal. It's a show where real couples discuss infidelity. They show certain things that happened in the relationships- and have actors play in these dramatizations. This one was about Randy & Monica and Derek & Ashley. Who did I see playing Ashley?? Jessica Castro! I was so surprised, I went on IMDB just to make sure. Not only was she on this show, but a few other things as well. That really pisses me off. Surely these experts checked these things! This bitch had her own IMDB page! How do you miss that? Or maybe they just put Ryan and Jessica on here because they're actors. Or maybe these "experts" aren't really experts. I just don't know!

• Love 7

I don't know if someone posted about this- but I was watching a 2013 episode of Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal. It's a show where real couples discuss infidelity. They show certain things that happened in the relationships- and have actors play in these dramatizations. This one was about Randy & Monica and Derek & Ashley. Who did I see playing Ashley?? Jessica Castro! I was so surprised, I went on IMDB just to make sure. Not only was she on this show, but a few other things as well. That really pisses me off. Surely these experts checked these things! This bitch had her own IMDB page! How do you miss that? Or maybe they just put Ryan and Jessica on here because they're actors. Or maybe these "experts" aren't really experts. I just don't know!

The experts were aware of her acting career, Dr C went as far as defend her by saying she was genuine. Jamie from S1 had also done a couple of reality TV shows before MAFS.

• Love 1

So some of the fights, and as someone said, the Laundromat scene, now seem quite contrived.

She was sitting at the table when Ryan came back from a 'hard day' before they decided to get sushi.  Her smirks during their disagreements.  His temper and excellent phrases like 'read a book'.

Starting to think they cook this up when the cameras aren't rolling on their way to Reality Show stardom.

I suddenly feel used.

• Love 2

This just goes to prove the suspicion that the 26 people they narrowed down the field to this season were chosen based on reality-show experience and attractiveness in the producers' opinions and the experts had to match up the three couples from that small group.  Which is why the matches suck, to put it bluntly.  This does not surprise me one bit, actually, and I feel like I should not be taking any interaction, especially between Ryan and Jessica as authentic.  When Dr. Pepper said they matched them because they thought they'd be "sexy" together I was mortified that she would reveal how superficial the criteria was for matching them.  I had a suspicion all along that these matches were producer driven and the so-called "experts" are also playing the role of being more involved in it than they really are.  I still wonder if Ryan R. and Jaclyn aren't the only genuine couple of the group or if they are also in the same category as Ryan D. and Jessica.

• Love 3

I don't believe that Jaclyn is genuine. Not for one minute.

-Overdoing not being physically attracted to Ryan

-Then overdoing being physically attracted to Ryan

-Her over the top personality in general.

The only person who I believed signed up primarily for companionship is Ryan R. 

• Love 1
(edited)

As much as I would like to believe that people are so upset about the show that they will tune out, I have watched way too many reality TV shows where people line up to complain on the boards and yet the show continues on season after season, purely with sensational conflict and fame whore contestants.  I figure it's like the train wreck effect.  People will line up to comment on how awful a train wreck is, but it will attract many more crowds of people to watch it than a train that sails on down the track with no issues.  I think they figure any attention, even negative attention is better than no attention, and any cheap tactic that gets more viewers to watch, even in spite of themselves, is one to use.

I have also seen a lot of reality shows that seem more genuine and "real" in their first season and then quickly devolve into what we are seeing with MAFS.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2

I know this is a stretch, but imagine this--Ryan and Jessica meet in some acting class and actually date and like each other, they contact the producers of the show to be put together by the "experts", drum up some dramatic fight scenes to keep people watching, then in the end make up and stay together. They get money and the exposure they want while the producers get viewers.

• Love 6

I know this is a stretch, but imagine this--Ryan and Jessica meet in some acting class and actually date and like each other, they contact the producers of the show to be put together by the "experts", drum up some dramatic fight scenes to keep people watching, then in the end make up and stay together. They get money and the exposure they want while the producers get viewers.

Oooh, I like this! I don't believe it's what happened, but it's definitely in the realm of possibilities. And could this be why the "experts" are around less than they were in Season 1? 

• Love 1

...Who did I see playing Ashley?? Jessica Castro! I was so surprised, I went on IMDB just to make sure. Not only was she on this show, but a few other things as well. That really pisses me off. Surely these experts checked these things! This bitch had her own IMDB page!...

Dr. Cilona also has an IMDb presence, although his Filmography seems to be connected to MAFS and MAFSFY.