Type keyword(s) to search

Jessica & Ryan D

• Start Topic

I just gotta say that I could never live somewhere with that creepy clown painting haunting me.  I understand that Ryan has a sentimental attachment to it, but the way it is placed all by itself, a bit too high on a huge wall, and features so prominently (yes, along with that flag!) in all of their apartment shots - well, it just really bothers me, and I don't even live there! 

I honestly never noticed Jessica's eyebrows because I'm staring at her spider eyelashes.  She has pretty eyes and if the eyebrows bother Ryan, why doesn't he treat her to a session with his own eyebrow tech?

• Love 4

Though Ryan is from Staten Island.

Only recently.  Born and raised in Canarsie, Brooklyn.

http://www.aetv.com/married-at-first-sight/video/jessica-and-ryan-talk-with-dr-pepper-again

She said 98%? These two are definately staying married (at least at the end of the experiment). Maybye we got conned?

After this show I am almost convinced that they will stay together. Plus, their apartment is the one that looks most home-like and I agree with whoever said they would never have bought a mattress together if they didn't have intentions of sticking it out.  I suppose it could still be true that they're doing it for publicity purposes for at least a year.

• Love 1

There's something "off" about the way they kiss.  There seems to be no warmth or tenderness in the way they kiss.  There's no lingering or apparent enjoyment in the actual kiss.  I'm having trouble thinking of a word to describe, but "forced" comes close, almost as if they are doing the obligatory grandma-who-smells-like-mothballs kiss.

http://www.aetv.com/married-at-first-sight/video/jessica-and-ryan-talk-with-dr-pepper-again

She said 98%? These two are definately staying married (at least at the end of the experiment). Maybye we got conned?

• Love 1

There's something "off" about the way they kiss.  There seems to be no warmth or tenderness in the way they kiss.  There's no lingering or apparent enjoyment in the actual kiss.  I'm having trouble thinking of a word to describe, but "forced" comes close, almost as if they are doing the obligatory grandma-who-smells-like-mothballs kiss.

I don't have a problem with their kissing....but I have to close one eye when Jaclyn & Ryan kiss.

Interesting comments by Dr. Joe.....

I understand you are not part of the editing process. Was there anything that surprised you when watching the first episode?

I was surprised, and quite frustrated that Jessica, who has done modeling and acting on the side for years, wasn't highlighted in either the Matchmaking Special or episode 1. This has already created some controversy on social media. I feel a bit of deja vu when the whole Jamie/Bachelor thing emerged. I'm certain now this is likely to continue to cause some people to call both her authenticity and the authenticity of the experiment into question.

I don't understand this - What does it mean she wasn't "highlighted" in the matchmaking special or episode 1?

I don't understand this - What does it mean she wasn't "highlighted" in the matchmaking special or episode 1?

I think he's trying to say that he wishes her experience doing some minor acting/modeling had been discussed because not to do so caused some people to believe she's an actress and everything is faked.

These two have been checked out since the honeymoon - probably since the very first morning, especially Ryan. What we are seeing is a desperate attempt by the show editors to create a story arc - oh, look, they're fighting! Oh, look, they're making up! Will they stay married? Gah. It's all fake and forced for the cameras because they have a contract and it's too late to back out now. The show must go on. That's why they are so dull and depressing and even disturbing to watch. I'l be glad when it's over.

These two have been checked out since the honeymoon - probably since the very first morning, especially Ryan. What we are seeing is a desperate attempt by the show editors to create a story arc - oh, look, they're fighting! Oh, look, they're making up! Will they stay married? Gah. It's all fake and forced for the cameras because they have a contract and it's too late to back out now. The show must go on. That's why they are so dull and depressing and even disturbing to watch. I'l be glad when it's over.

I definitely think a LOT of editing has gone on. The part where they were in the restaurant and then they are standing at the rail watching the skyline, I could almost hear the director saying "put your arm around her". Same with JacRy with the photo shoot. Jaclyn was trying to look involved but actually looked embarrassed. Another staged scene, IMO.

• Love 1

How about that Jessica, "I'm a sexual person".

It is like she has a view of an ideal wife..... cooks, enjoys sex, cuddles, keeps the kitchen clean, etc.  She thinks by identifying and saying those things she becomes those things.

It is likely she is no more interested in sex than she is in cooking.

Yes, they both are and probably are a MAKE UP SEX  kinda couple....

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't even have to type much about this couple, I only have to copy and paste my comment from last week......

A guy like Ryan is pretty transparent. He can't even hide his true colors on television. The 'nasty' always shows through.

"Jessica and Ryan might make the news again some day, when Ryan loses his cool and the police are called for a domestic dispute. (run Jessica, run!)"

ryan-denino_o_5460231.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

This couple couldn't have been more mismatched. He's an arrogant, hot head and she's a pleaser who gets her feelings hurt easily. He's handsome and she's beautiful but that doesn't mean they are on the inside. She's had it rough in life and he seemed to know how to play on her insecurities. That's sad. He needs a woman who comes with boxing gloves on that won't back down to his argumentative nature. Jessica needs a man who cares about her feelings and is willing to work with her in a loving, caring relationship. Ryan isn't that man.

• Love 1

Ryan wants a marriage like his grandparents had.  I am willing to bet that his grandmother was as unhappy as Ryan tried to make Jessica.  His grandmother was probably ground into the floor by his grandfather.  She was probably so beaten down by his grandfather having to be right and having to have everything his way, that she just disappeared and did whatever wanted.  Ryan just wants someone to do whatever he wants, be whatever he wants. He wants them to speak their mind - as long as it agrees with him.  And Ryan's temper - whew!! I really felt for Jessica who was a sweet woman that tried to make things work.

• Love 5

This couple couldn't have been more mismatched. He's an arrogant, hot head and she's a pleaser who gets her feelings hurt easily. He's handsome and she's beautiful but that doesn't mean they are on the inside. She's had it rough in life and he seemed to know how to play on her insecurities. That's sad. He needs a woman who comes with boxing gloves on that won't back down to his argumentative nature. Jessica needs a man who cares about her feelings and is willing to work with her in a loving, caring relationship. Ryan isn't that man.

It seemed to me that their only commonality was that they were both quite immature and neither of them could communicate effectively.   Ryan was just as bad at communicating as Jessica.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Gah!!  Already posted!  Hate when that happens! lol

Anyway, the "experts" did an awful job of vetting.  You'd think the kind of anger/relationship issues both of these participants had would have been picked up by that amazing "instrument" they used.  A background check (like the government, where you talk to family, friends, friends of friends, etc.) would have been useful.

Edited by HZAnita
  • Love 2

Was Jessica the one who said she wanted a Notebook romance? Because if that is so, Ha! An awful movie and always have roll my eyes at people who want to follow this love story. It just leads to doom...

Ryan wants a marriage like his grandparents had.  I am willing to bet that his grandmother was as unhappy as Ryan tried to make Jessica.  His grandmother was probably ground into the floor by his grandfather.  She was probably so beaten down by his grandfather having to be right and having to have everything his way, that she just disappeared and did whatever wanted.  Ryan just wants someone to do whatever he wants, be whatever he wants. He wants them to speak their mind - as long as it agrees with him.  And Ryan's temper - whew!! I really felt for Jessica who was a sweet woman that tried to make things work.

I have question about this, I can't remember is Ryan related to his grandparents by blood? Or is this his stepfather parents?

I don't think either of them were mature enough for a serious commitment.  Ryan can't control his anger and Jessica doesn't know how to stand up for herself, which is why she pulled that passive/aggressive shit with the $100 bill.  It was doomed from the start.  

• Love 2

I don't think either of them were mature enough for a serious commitment. Ryan can't control his anger and Jessica doesn't know how to stand up for herself, which is why she pulled that passive/aggressive shit with the $100 bill. It was doomed from the start.

Good analysis. I think a lot of us have been circling around this. But yes, he doesn't manage his considerable anger, and her inability to stand up for herself results in passive aggressive behavior.

I blame the "experts" for not figuring this out. They were worse than useless this season.

• Love 4

I just read the court date was cancelled and will be rescheduled. And something about skeletons in Jessica's closet. From Facebook

Where did you read that? I'm kinda ashamed to admit I googled them more than once to try to find out what happened at court, then I was just curious as to why there was no news, and I just didn't see anything at all.

• Love 1

I saw that in the private group as well. Jessica definately has skeletons. How can a delicate wall flower be confident enough to walk in the middle of the street in underwear and be OK with a guy looking up her crotch? Please look at the video below. Is this "modelling she refers to"? She's the blond, "lead girl".  

Me thinks this girls is a liar. She has lied about insignificant shit. Ex the cooking. She said that she cooked several times but recently on SM she stated that she cooked once and Ryan didn't appreciate it. Which one is it?

I don't know what all the fuss is about cooking. Cooking makes you fat. That's it. Once you start baking and frying you pile on the pounds. And why should any woman be expected to return home from a hard day of work and prepare a meal she can't eat??? Sure, I sometimes fix my husband some mac & cheese or fettuccine Alfredo, but I can't have any. Sometimes I heat up a frozen pizza for him and go for a walk while he eats it. But it gets really old, having to prepare high calorie foods when all I can eat is 4 ounces of meat or fish and a plate of green vegetables. Many women are surprised at how fat they get after they get married. There's nothing surprising about it if you are buying and preparing food for your husband.

Men should fix their own meals.

Wow, that video is something else.  If Jessica would do that, I wonder what other kinds of videos she would shoot.  So much for the sweet, demure girl some people saw in her.  Of course, I never saw that.

algebra, I thought the point was made months ago that this isn't about women cooking for men, but about Jessica saying she liked to cook but then we never saw her cook on the show.  If she didn't open up her big mouth about it no one would be calling her on it.  I didn't see anyone call the other women on not cooking.  The comments about not cooking were directed at the couples together, not just the women.

I feel your pain, though, about how little you can eat as I have that issue myself.  It's a curse to love to cook and have that issue.  I went decades never eating chocolate, bacon or ice cream until I finally decided life's too short not to enjoy some of my favorite foods.

• Love 2

I don't know what all the fuss is about cooking. Cooking makes you fat. That's it. Once you start baking and frying you pile on the pounds. And why should any woman be expected to return home from a hard day of work and prepare a meal she can't eat??? Sure, I sometimes fix my husband some mac & cheese or fettuccine Alfredo, but I can't have any. Sometimes I heat up a frozen pizza for him and go for a walk while he eats it. But it gets really old, having to prepare high calorie foods when all I can eat is 4 ounces of meat or fish and a plate of green vegetables. Many women are surprised at how fat they get after they get married. There's nothing surprising about it if you are buying and preparing food for your husband.

Men should fix their own meals.

ITA but my point was never that women should cook. My point is that Jessica tried to portray herself as a domestic goddess and more importantly she lied. She lied about the closet situation: there were 2 closets and she received one. She lied about cooking all the time when it was never shown on TV, Ryan said she only cooked once and in the end, It looks like he was telling the truth in that instance.

Small shit like this makes me quesiton her integrity in general. 

Wow, that video is something else.  If Jessica would do that, I wonder what other kinds of videos she would shoot.  So much for the sweet, demure girl some people saw in her.  Of course, I never saw that.

algebra, I thought the point was made months ago that this isn't about women cooking for men, but about Jessica saying she liked to cook but then we never saw her cook on the show.  If she didn't open up her big mouth about it no one would be calling her on it.  I didn't see anyone call the other women on not cooking.  The comments about not cooking were directed at the couples together, not just the women.

I feel your pain, though, about how little you can eat as I have that issue myself.  It's a curse to love to cook and have that issue.  I went decades never eating chocolate, bacon or ice cream until I finally decided life's too short not to enjoy some of my favorite foods.

Lol those were straight up stripper moves. But whatever she has her past. But was does bother me is that nothing in that video shows me someone cannot speak uo for themself. If you are that bold to parade in the street in broad daylight in your undies, then how are you not able to communicate your wants and needs to your partner? Or were we all subject to community college acting 101?

• Love 2

So basically Jessica was a "video vixen?"

As for cooking, IMO knowing how to cook can save you plenty of money; processed food is expensive and unhealthy; when I cook for myself I lose weight, when I eat processed shit, I gain.  

• Love 10