Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Conquer

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

(edited)
"Master! Dinner is pre-pared!"

Photo recap!

Yes! It's early this time. 

Love Sasha's Febreeze moment with the walker pit!

I feel bad for the guy that plays Nicholas. He gets called Gollum AND a gargoyle!

LOVE the callout to sudden nightfall. 

Other than that, not my favorite. It was pretty meh this time. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3

I agree that Maggie's accent is awful. She almost seems to add a lisp to some words, and I don't get that.

In seasons 1 and especially 2, I found Rick to be a bit growly, like he needed to clear his throat maybe. I'm pretty okay with his accent (other than scien-TIST), but I do notice some funny moments. To Jessie: "I'm sorry I broke...whatever it is I broke," the way he says "broke" is super weird to me. I loved the "you mean me?" for whatever reason. I need to watch again to see how the accent strikes me.

I am from GA, and still live here. As a child I had more of a pronounced accent than I do now, as I try to tamp or down some. Now, if I get angry or am on the phone with my mom or older relative, the words start stretching. I usually find his accent believable, though definitely pronounced. He'd fit right in in the area in which I live now, and sound quite like an old southern gentleman. More Rhett Butler than not. Haha.

Eta: funny that Bad Example and I both mentioned GwtW at the same time.

I've done a self guided tour twice...do it! Sadly u didn't see any actors.

Oh, and of course Hershel's accent was true GA as he's a native.

People commented when Daryl said "Is that a dubya?" I hear that all the time! Hee.

I also have some awesome recipes that call for cream of type soups!

Didn't Maggie go away to college? I seem to recall either she saying that or Hershel or Beth at some point. Accents get muddied quite often when you're around people that don't have them for a prolonged period. She might have picked up some habits that weren't associated with her dialect.

Actually LOLed at Sasha/Febreeze. Some of the jokes were ripped from memes that have been circulating since Sunday night but if the author was too busy last week to post then maybe they really rushed through this one. It's okay.

The only thing that bugs me with accents is that when Brits do American they tend to have a very harsh edge and a slightly higher pitch than their normal voices.  At least Andrew Lincoln doesn't have that problem.

Seems he has the opposite of that problem (no complaints here!). I think he does a decent job though, probably helps that he (allegedly) stays in Rick's accent when he's on the set. Maybe Lauren Cohan should consider doing the same. When she has to put some force behind her words, it gets a little cringe worthy. I've noticed when trying to do accents, it's easier to do it when you're whispering or speaking softly, so maybe that's why everyone freaking mumbles on this show.  

Talk about balls: When Rick left "confinement" and walked outside and immediately ran into those 3 men. He said hello to at least one of them by name, and I think one of them called him Rick.  He held his head high (even with all the little teeny-tiny bandaids on it).

Balls of titanium has our boy Rick! Am I the only one who heard, "Stayin' Alive" playing as he strutted down the street?

As for all the teeny bandaids - do they really stick to whiskers?

• Love 5

Actually LOLed at Sasha/Febreeze. Some of the jokes were ripped from memes that have been circulating since Sunday night but if the author was too busy last week to post then maybe they really rushed through this one. It's okay.

Seems he has the opposite of that problem (no complaints here!). I think he does a decent job though, probably helps that he (allegedly) stays in Rick's accent when he's on the set. Maybe Lauren Cohan should consider doing the same. When she has to put some force behind her words, it gets a little cringe worthy. I've noticed when trying to do accents, it's easier to do it when you're whispering or speaking softly, so maybe that's why everyone freaking mumbles on this show.  

Anytime Maggie makes a dn't sound I cringe.

• Love 1

Rick said he wondered how many of them he'd have to kill to save them, apparently the answer was two. Albeit, Reg was indirectly. It looked like Carol knew that, as well. She made Rick wait until Pete hurt/killed someone so that eliminating Pete would be justified. Sucks to be you, Reg. That was cold on Carol's part. She couldn't possibly have known who would get hurt.

Not specifically, but she could make an educated guess that it would be one of the ASZ people rather than Camp Dinner Bell. Rick, Michonne, Maggie, and Abraham have all proven they can take care of themselves, and would have been on their guard what with Pete's bellowing approach. I think Carol would have welcomed the chance to kill him herself if he'd screwed up his courage enough to attack her.

• Love 1

Since you guys are all hanging out here, you may miss the post in the companion series speculation thread so...

In anticipation of the AMC spinoff, Fear the Walking Dead, we have a nice new shiny thread for you to waste even more time in! The series is scheduled to air sometime in the summer of 2015.

Below is a link to the board itself, and all future media, speculation and discussion should take place in here. Once the series starts, we will have dedicate episode threads available for discussion. I've posted this in the companion series speculation thread also, but like I said, you are all here, so you may miss it. So from now on, please take all discussion about the spinoff to the board below.

Fear The Walking Dead

• Love 6

When Glenn and Maggie were talking on the porch, just before Glenn went chasing after Dickolas, it took me a while to remember that they are actually supposedly married.  Did they actually get married by Herschel, who had some kind of minister's licence or something, or do they just consider themselves married?  They don't act like a married couple at all this half of the season.  During the Terminus storyline when they were separated you could tell that they cared for each other.  But that porch scene was odd, like two strangers talking to each other.

What struck me as the most odd was during the Tribal Council, not once is Maggie wondering where Glenn is.  The last time she saw him it was broad daylight.  Now it's hours later and he's nowhere to be found.  I don't fault her for not knowing that he was in the woods and possibly about to die at the hands of walkers, but wouldn't she have asked anyone about him?  If she did, I must have missed it.  They're wondering where Rick and Gabriel are, but not Glenn.  Everyone knew that Aaron and Daryl were outside, but nobody knew that Glenn had left.

• Love 3

Why would the Unfair Wolves put Ws on both their prey and themselves? Are they marking their property?

I hate that after all this build-up their Mission Statement is so poorly explained.

Maybe they are like Terminus: initially tagged as prey but managed to overthrow their captors and become the enemy themselves...

In anticipation of the AMC spinoff, Fear the Walking Dead, we have a nice new shiny thread for you to waste even more time in! The series is scheduled to air sometime in the summer of 2015.

Waste time?  WASTE TIME?  This is prime intellectual discussion here!  (And how do YOU like your tuna casserole?)

In any case... thanks.  I'm sure we'll have lots of fun there, too.  :-)

• Love 9

When Glenn and Maggie were talking on the porch, just before Glenn went chasing after Dickolas, it took me a while to remember that they are actually supposedly married.  Did they actually get married by Herschel, who had some kind of minister's licence or something, or do they just consider themselves married?  They don't act like a married couple at all this half of the season.  During the Terminus storyline when they were separated you could tell that they cared for each other.  But that porch scene was odd, like two strangers talking to each other.

What struck me as the most odd was during the Tribal Council, not once is Maggie wondering where Glenn is.  The last time she saw him it was broad daylight.  Now it's hours later and he's nowhere to be found.  I don't fault her for not knowing that he was in the woods and possibly about to die at the hands of walkers, but wouldn't she have asked anyone about him?  If she did, I must have missed it.  They're wondering where Rick and Gabriel are, but not Glenn.  Everyone knew that Aaron and Daryl were outside, but nobody knew that Glenn had left.

I think it's possible that in a world without cell phones marriage and the ability to be connected 24/7 might be very different.

• Love 1

Waste time?  WASTE TIME?  This is prime intellectual discussion here! 

In any case... thanks.  I'm sure we'll have lots of fun there, too.  :-)

*grin* You try reading through *checks thread number* FIVE HUNDRED + posts. You guys are insane! But always insightful and fun!

(And how do YOU like your tuna casserole?)

Crispy on top with a lack of Bowie Knife.

• Love 6

Photo recap!

Yay!  I agree with others who think it's a little weak.  Too much on the nose.  However, I couldn't agree more with "At least I have a few hours of daylight left...shit."  Because I *still* wonder what was up with that!

• Love 5
However, I couldn't agree more with "At least I have a few hours of daylight left...shit."  Because I *still* wonder what was up with that!

That was such a glaring mistake, I agree. Rick's at the gate, it's bright outside. Next scene, it's fully dark. How long did he run around the town for, looking for Walkers that NO ONE else in the town noticed. Did they mistake the Walkers for Pete the Drunken Stumbling Doctor Fool?? It's not like they are hiding and moving fast. Just so weird.

• Love 8

Why would the Unfair Wolves put Ws on both their prey and themselves? Are they marking their property?

I hate that after all this build-up their Mission Statement is so poorly explained.

and that is the million dollar question!  At first I thought Skeet was marked for death by those people, but then obviously he wasn't.  It makes no sense.

• Love 4
(edited)

Photo recap!

Febreze has my vote as winner - although the NR fan was a close second. :)

That was such a glaring mistake, I agree. Rick's at the gate, it's bright outside. Next scene, it's fully dark. How long did he run around the town for, looking for Walkers that NO ONE else in the town noticed. Did they mistake the Walkers for Pete the Drunken Sumlbing Doctor Fool?? It's not like they are hiding and moving fast. Just so weird.

Cmon now - who wouldn't need a couple of hours or so to jog through ten or twelve backyards? :P

ETA: Fixed messed-up quoting

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Maybe they see the walkers as "Wolves" too and they're trying to "repopulate." Not sure if all those walkers were captured as humans and subsequently turned, or if the Wolves corralled a bunch of already-walkers for their weird ass mission. Maybe Skeet Wolf is our glimpse into what Lizzie would have become in the future, considering the walkers a part of her "wolf pack" so to speak. 

If the theory that the ASZ exiles became the Wolves is correct, then maybe that woman tied to the tree was the woman exile and the other two turned on her. Ugh. I don't know. I hope I won't have to look at comic spoilers to explain this whole thing. 

(edited)

When Glenn and Maggie were talking on the porch, just before Glenn went chasing after Dickolas, it took me a while to remember that they are actually supposedly married. Did they actually get married by Herschel, who had some kind of minister's licence or something, or do they just consider themselves married? They don't act like a married couple at all this half of the season. During the Terminus storyline when they were separated you could tell that they cared for each other. But that porch scene was odd, like two strangers talking to each other.

What struck me as the most odd was during the Tribal Council, not once is Maggie wondering where Glenn is. The last time she saw him it was broad daylight. Now it's hours later and he's nowhere to be found. I don't fault her for not knowing that he was in the woods and possibly about to die at the hands of walkers, but wouldn't she have asked anyone about him? If she did, I must have missed it. They're wondering where Rick and Gabriel are, but not Glenn. Everyone knew that Aaron and Daryl were outside, but nobody knew that Glenn had left.

Maggie did say something about wanting to wait for Glenn and Rick at the meeting, but Deanna shut her down. Maybe she assumed Glenn was with Rick since neither was there. Then she left for Gabriel's before Rick showed up and did his walker drop.

Glenn and Maggie appear to consider themselves married. I actually like the balance they have found with them this last half of the season. There were so many complaints the last couple of seasons and especially after the prison fell about how Maggie and Glenn were all about each other and didn't have separate identities. The show finally seemed to figure out that even though they are a couple they can have separate storylines, and I think it has done both characters a world of good.

Edited by Evie
  • Love 5

Did they actually get married by Herschel, who had some kind of minister's licence or something, or do they just consider themselves married?

They just consider themselves married. Glenn has referred to Maggie as "my wife". I guess it was a case of "With this ring that I cut off a still-moving corpse I thee wed..."

One good thing: getting married that way will make the divorce so much easier.

• Love 2

Maybe they see the walkers as "Wolves" too and they're trying to "repopulate." Not sure if all those walkers were captured as humans and subsequently turned, or if the Wolves corralled a bunch of already-walkers for their weird ass mission. Maybe Skeet Wolf is our glimpse into what Lizzie would have become in the future, considering the walkers a part of her "wolf pack" so to speak.

If the theory that the ASZ exiles became the Wolves is correct, then maybe that woman tied to the tree was the woman exile and the other two turned on her. Ugh. I don't know. I hope I won't have to look at comic spoilers to explain this whole thing.

Nope. Not a comic storyline (thus far anyway) so we are ALL confused. :)

(edited)

Watched a couple of days ago but I've been quietly digesting it for awhile.  The return of Morgan is awesome and my favorite part of the episode.  And it's this new zen monk Mr. Miyagi Morgan, I love it.  The finale reaffirmed what I thought about this town and their leader from the start.  There was no sinister motive or hidden agenda.  They're really the first normal group that CDB has come across.  Finally some people that are actually trying to re-establish civilization again.  You knew they had to be out there somewhere.  Of course they are naive about what's been going on outside since they have been sheltered through most of it while CDB has been on their nomadic journey.  So instead of falling into a cliche finale where there is this total bloodbath because of the misunderstanding over Father PP's false accusations, it ended on a more realistic note, with Rick's people recognizing the hope this pocket of civilization represents, while Deanna and her people are forced to see the violent threats that exist both outside their walls and inside their own community.

The finish was appropriately ambiguous without being cliffhanger-ish, with the arrival of Morgan right as Rick executes the wife beater/murderer, and with Deanna giving him the green light to do it.  So it sets up an interesting season 6 with the town torn between the philosophies of survivalist Rick and zen master Morgan.  Do they survive by becoming more or less civilized?  And with the new threat from Team "W", it will get even more complicated.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 7

1st rule of the ZA: Cardio!

I am screwed.

I don't think it is the exiles.  Unless the actor playing Skeet really sucks, he looked like he had never seen those pics before.  Even if he is a new Wolf member I would think they would be actively making their way back to Alexandria and have at least told them about it rather then setting up Zombie Raves.

• Love 4
(edited)

Maggie did say something about wanting to wait for Glenn and Rick at the meeting, but Deanna shut her down. Maybe she assumed Glenn was with Rick since neither was there. Then she left for Gabriel's before Rick showed up and did his walker drop.

I thought that move was kind of telling on Deanna's part, that and an earlier comment about being the one to make final decisions on certain matters. The meeting had not been called to discuss whether they were going to expel Rick, she had already decided to do so and the meeting was intended to persuade the rest of the community that it was the right way to go. A-and then her husband got his throat cut by a homicidal Rage-ape so all bets were off and instead she had Pete executed out of simple revenge. I don't think Carol was necessarily restraining Rick in that moment in order that Pete be given the opportunity to harm someone else, at most she was willing to risk the possibility,  it was more that he expose his truly violent bullying nature to the meeting, so nobody could continue looking the other way because it was a "private matter" or continue maintaining the posture that the fight was due to rabid-dog Rick's unreasonable, dangerous nature.  Rick had the gun, he was going to shoot him to stop him and defend himself, Carol was ensuring he do so when it was clear who the real problem was. What happened to Reg was not predictable. It was arguably an accident, but an accident that happened when Pete seemed intent on doing violence and probably killing at least one other person, so it was certainly murder nonetheless. It was completely Pete's fault no matter if Carol stayed Rick's hand or had wound Pete up previously, which I believe she did.

At first I though Pete had a machete, not the katana, partially because there had been a shot earlier of what looked like someone taking a safety guard off a large blade that looked like it could be a machete, but on rewatch the weapon he had looked more like the katana.

I enjoy Glenn and Maggie and I've always found they had a pleasing warm chemistry, not hot by any means, but a believably connected couple with no cloying shmoopiness. 

I'm not going to apologize for hating on canned soups. I hates em, but I'd still choke them down long past the stale date in the zombie apocalypse if they were intact and what was available, not use the resulting slimy casseroles as floor decorations as did Deanna and Pete. Then while the casserole sat like a rock in my stomach, I'd go stare at a thistle and wonder if it was worth going near those spines just for a few edible morsels.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 7
(edited)

Remember AirheadWolf's statement to Red Poncho immediately after slitting his throat: "Welcome home."

I believe (a) the Woofs see themselves and other surviving humans as sort of bastardized reincarnations-in-transition of the original wolves, and (b) turning is the final phase of that transition.

ETA: Was it "welcome home" or welcome BACK home"? Either still fits the hypothesis, but I hate being inaccurate.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think it is the exiles.  Unless the actor playing Skeet really sucks, he looked like he had never seen those pics before.  Even if he is a new Wolf member I would think they would be actively making their way back to Alexandria and have at least told them about it rather then setting up Zombie Raves.

Crap, you're right. I forgot about those pics at the end. I guess zombie raves wouldn't make sense either, unless the exiles went really off the deep end and are just doing this for funsies and biding their time to strike. I'm sure they're just random crackpots but I figure those exiles have to come into play at some point later since Aaron made such a stink about them.

Nope. Not a comic storyline (thus far anyway) so we are ALL confused. :)

Damn, so we can't blame Kirkman for this mess. I'm not as compelled by the Wolves as I was before Morgan handily ninja'd them into submission. I guess they only present a real threat if you get trapped at that obvious trap of a cannery or if you don't know how to ninja. Here's hoping they cast an Explanation Wolf for S6. 

Edited by Samx
  • Love 7

This cuts to the heart of one of my two primary reasons I hate the FPP character - his level of self-absorption.

In PrayinGabeLand, apparently FPP is the only person in the known universe who has to deal with bad stuff. 

24/7 it's The FPP Show "starring ME - I'm FPP!".

Want to end it all?  Fine, go ahead, God bless. 

But what gives FPP the right to endanger the lives of every living soul in the ASZ, just because HE is having a bad no-hair day?

Absolutely nothing - unless, of course, you share FPP's view of every other man, woman, and child in the immediate vicinity as nothing more than walk-on bit parts in The FPP Show "starring ME - I'm FPP!".

The other primary reason, BTW, is FPP's sense of entitled judgment.  FPP has repeatedly demonstrated he considers himself to be a worthless piece of cowardly slime (points I would be hard-pressed to argue against), yest he somehow still considers himself morally superior enough to sit in judgment on others as to their (un-)worthiness of salvation.  He'd be a disgrace to his collar, if the collar hadn't come out of his last pack of new shirts.  But I digress....

Snipped

There must be some psychiatric disorder that fits this description, probably something with religious overtones. Much more than projection or sociopathy and/or narcissism. He has hesitated more than once to take action when he has seen a crucifix on a walker.

Regardless, I don't ever see him snapping back to reality and redeeming himself. I'd like to see him gone.

• Love 1

One thing I wasn't sure I heard right (well, there were many things, but I've forgotten the others): At the end did Rick say (something like) "I was thinking of how many of you I would have to kill, but now I don't think I need to kill any of you."  Did he really say that?

Here's Rick's dialogue at the meeting:

Rick: I didn’t bring it in. It got inside on its own. They always will– the dead and the living, because we’re in here. And the ones out there... They’ll hunt us. They’ll find us. They’ll try to use us. They’ll try to kill us. But we’ll kill them. We’ll survive. I’ll show you how. (Turns towards Deanna) You know, I was thinking– I was thinking how many of you do I have to kill to save your lives? But I’m not gonna do that. You’re gonna change. I’m not sorry for what I said last night. I’m sorry for not saying it sooner. You’re not ready, but you have to be. Right now, you have to be. Luck runs out.

Can any of you Closed Caption junkies help?

When Pete comes to the meeting, what does Carol say to Rick? Do it now? Not Now?

Carol: (whispers to Rick) Not now.

• Love 4
(edited)

That was such a glaring mistake, I agree. Rick's at the gate, it's bright outside. Next scene, it's fully dark. How long did he run around the town for, looking for Walkers that NO ONE else in the town noticed. Did they mistake the Walkers for Pete the Drunken Sumlbing Doctor Fool?? It's not like they are hiding and moving fast. Just so weird.

I bitched about this to my husband and he tried to defend it as what we saw as daylight was actually "dusk" and that, at certain times of the year, darkness comes quickly. I said that full dark does not fall that fucking quickly. ASZ is not a sprawling city; it's a mini enclave of houses. There aren't that many places to look, especially since walkers generally aren't coy or play hide and seek. He knows they're attracted to noise, so fucking stand still and yell to bring them to you. Problem solved. Saves running around the neighbourhood like an idiot. Ignoring that more efficient option, I don't see why he couldn't have done a quick lap, dashed to the meeting, told everyone the danger, then get CDB to do a mass sweep while the ASZ are safely tucked inside. 

Really, I think it's just a forced continuity error for the story they wanted to tell. The ASZ meeting was scheduled for that *night* and TPTB had to wait for the meeting to be underway so that Rick could make his dramatic entrance. However, no way would Rick have been able to see down the street, in the dark, that the gate was open, so that had to happen in the light.

Yeah, I wondered if the woman tied to a tree had been one of the exiles, but since Aaron drove them to the drop off point, wouldn't he recognize her when Daryl lifted her head?

What pissed me off so much was that Daryl asked about Aaron's recruiting and Aaron was all "I thought they'd work out but they didn't." What the actual fuck does that mean? Were they violent? Did they stink? Did they steal chocolate? Were they democrats? Like, Daryl didn't ask how/why the community kicked three people out? *screams in frustration over CDB's "don't ask, don't tell" method of communicating.*

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 13
(edited)

I am screwed.

SO screwed here, too.

(...and we're not going to be able to plead ignorance when the ZA comes.  We knew how we should have prepared...and we didn't!  )

I enjoy Glenn and Maggie and I've always found they had a pleasing warm chemistry, not hot by any means, but a believably connected couple with no cloying shmoopiness. 

I like them, too.  

And I'm wondering if "no outward concern" is Maggie's defense mechanism in all of this.  "If I don't talk about Beth being gone, she's still FINE, and I don't have to consider other possibilities."  "Glenn's not at the meeting yet?  There can be no other possibilities other than that he is simply late or distracted/preoccupied by some perfectly innocuous thing here in the safe walls of ASZ."  

Edited by Bad Example
  • Love 2

Photo recap!

ahahahahahahahaheeeeeee!!....how to explain to IT guy I need a new keyboard again.....hmmm

These ones in particular, though many are golden:

Morgan: You got 10 seconds to get your wiener-head punk ass out of here.

Rick: When I find myself in times of trouble, Bob’s voice comes to me.  Speaking words of wisdom, KILL THEM ALL.

• Love 1
Ignoring that more efficient option, I don't see why he couldn't have done a quick lap, dashed to the meeting, told everyone the danger, then get CDB to do a mass sweep while the ASZ are safely tucked inside.

Here here to your entire post, NoWillToResist! The above would make logical sense. But then we wouldn't have the visual of blood-and-guts covered Rick - complete with crazy eyes - interrupting the camp and dramatically dropping a Walker in front of them, plus we wouldn't have the stories about how Rick is a good person. It's like they wrote themselves into a bit of a corner and said fuck it! Leave it as is.

• Love 5
(edited)

I bitched about this to my husband and he tried to defend it as what we saw as daylight was actually "dusk" and that, at certain times of the year, darkness comes quickly. I said that full dark does not fall that fucking quickly. ......

.....He knows they're attracted to noise, so fucking stand still and yell to bring them to you. Problem solved. Saves running around the neighbourhood like an idiot. Ignoring that more efficient option, I don't see why he couldn't have done a quick lap, dashed to the meeting, told everyone the danger, then get CDB to do a mass sweep while the ASZ are safely tucked inside.

I'm going with the notion that he was moving towards the location of the meeting to warn others when he got to the house with barking dog, paused because it was likely barking for a reason and the sound would attract the walkers anyway. I agree about the lighting being horribly off, I'm sure they were trying to convey the idea that it was dusk, but the light changed too abruptly between consequent scenes and made it seem like a long time had passed between Rick spotting the open gate and encountering the walkers. It would have worked better if they'd shot it all in the dark with the gate being backlit so it looked like the dying rays of the sun were hitting it. I think they really screwed up with lighting and how it made the timeline appear.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm going with the notion that he was moving towards the location of the meeting to warn others when he got to the house with barking dog

Unless the meeting was being held in DC itself and Rick had to run there from Alexandria, it still shouldn't have been dark. At the end of the day, it was sloppy work by the crew.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

Unless the meeting was being held in DC itself and Rick had to run there from Alexandria, it still shouldn't have been dark. At the end of the day, it was sloppy work by the crew.

It was a huge screw up I wish the show would acknowledge. I watch Arrow and there was a big screw up last week where the Arrow just left a sidekick unconscious at a scene in order to make his dramatic exit. The showrunner answered questions about it on a blog and straight up admitted that it was a huge over sight. I believe his words were "Yep, we fucked up. Sorry guys." IF ONLY Gimple and TPTB were cool enough to admit these mistakes. 

• Love 2
(edited)

What pissed me off so much was that Daryl asked about Aaron's recruiting and Aaron was all "I thought they'd work out but they didn't." What the actual fuck does that mean? Were they violent? Did they stink? Did they steal chocolate? Were they democrats? Like, Daryl didn't ask how/why the community kicked three people out? *screams in frustration over CDB's "don't ask, don't tell" method of communicating.*

Grrr! I was happy they were finally talking about the exiles, and then, yeah, no follow-up questions. As a group who is still trying to ensure they'll be staying, wouldn't you want to know what kinds of things get you kicked out?

Couldn't post-production have started to darken the scenes gradually, at least some?

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1
What struck me as the most odd was during the Tribal Council, not once is Maggie wondering where Glenn is.  The last time she saw him it was broad daylight.  Now it's hours later and he's nowhere to be found.  I don't fault her for not knowing that he was in the woods and possibly about to die at the hands of walkers, but wouldn't she have asked anyone about him?  If she did, I must have missed it.  They're wondering where Rick and Gabriel are, but not Glenn.  Everyone knew that Aaron and Daryl were outside, but nobody knew that Glenn had left.

No, this really bothered me as well. Maggie was hell bent on finding FPP, but she didn't utter a single word about Glenn. They even talked about the meeting that morning, so you'd think she'd be concerned when her husband didn't show up for it, especially after Rick alerts them to the fact that walkers are on the loose. But no, she's all "Glenn? Glenn who?" It's Beth-amnesia 2.0. 

, and Daryl was just leaning against the gate all "a'yuh. Whatevs."

I absolutely ADORE when people make Daryl speak into modern text/internet speak. It's so hilarious. 

"Hey Daryl, how did your scouting mission go?"

"OMG, it was totes scary! There was this epic zombie rave and we legit almost died out there. IDK how we would have survived without my new bff, Morgan". 

• Love 7

I absolutely ADORE when people make Daryl speak into modern text/internet speak. It's so hilarious. 

Sometimes we have to make our own fun...  :)

In Maggie and Glenn's goodbye fake-out scene, Maggie said she was going to go around talking to everyone about Rick, did Glenn mention what he was going to be doing?

Sittin'. Thinkin'.  ;)

My takeaway was Maggie was concerned about Glenn's absence, but not enough to leave the meeting and allow Deanna full reign to sway the discussion without rebuttal. Remember - as far as Maggie knows, Glenn is still within the walls of the ASZ.

If I were in Maggie's shoes I'd assume Rick and Glenn were both occupied with something else - and while I'd wonder what would be so important to cause them to blow off the meeting, I doubt that wonder would rise to the point of anxiety about their physical well-being.

• Love 7

No, this really bothered me as well. Maggie was hell bent on finding FPP, but she didn't utter a single word about Glenn. They even talked about the meeting that morning, so you'd think she'd be concerned when her husband didn't show up for it, especially after Rick alerts them to the fact that walkers are on the loose. But no, she's all "Glenn? Glenn who?" It's Beth-amnesia 2.0. 

With one additional line, they could have had Maggie wondering about Glenn and making a comment - maybe to Michonne - that she wanted to know if FPP and his backstabbing mouth was going to be there so she might anticipate a response.

I think she'd already gone to look for the others when Deanna mentioned FPP's comments.

6. Little Red Poncho Guy got off easy, in the grand scene of Season 5 deaths. I mean, he's been rubbing leeks all over himself. Can you imagine how thrilled Gareth would have been?

That's funny!

I like that one a lot. I can almost see the look on Gareth's face.

• Love 2

With one additional line, they could have had Maggie wondering about Glenn and making a comment - maybe to Michonne - that she wanted to know if FPP and his backstabbing mouth was going to be there so she might anticipate a response.

I think she'd already gone to look for the others when Deanna mentioned FPP's comments.

No, Maggie didn't jet until after Deanna's FPP comments:

• Deanna relates FPP's statements to the meeting.
  • Jessie makes the observation Deanna's statements basically boil down to hearsay.
  • Deanna says she had hoped FPP would be there to substantiate the statements himself.
  • Maggie says, "But he's NOT here."
  • Deanna retorts, "Neither is Rick."
At which point Maggie takes off.

To the "established" ASZhats, Deanna is probably one of the most respected people in the ASZ - so her calm, measured restatement of FPP's wild-eye rantings was no doubt doing some damage. I expect Maggie went after FPP (a) so the ASZhats could get an unfiltered view of FPP demonstrating his backstroke through the Schizoid Sea, and (b) quiz him about his last congregation in front of everybody, to discredit him as a source.

• Love 11