Type keyword(s) to search

Craig Conover: Work Hard(ly), Party Harder

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Do you think you get a free pillow when you pay the retainer?

He’s doing personal injury and workers comp so he is probably doing it on contingency and would probably up the % he takes in exchange for one. 

4 hours ago, RedHawk said:

esquire with a downtown firm

So far he has a boilerplate one page website with him listed as the only staff and is probably at most renting out a single office from someone. 

On 3/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, Sun-Bun said:

So it’s FINALLY happening: Craig’s officially opening up his own law firm in Charleston as a personal injury lawyer! I’m actually proud of the dude since his current pillow career is likely dependent upon his popularity while the show still airs. Good to know that passing his bar exam worked out well for him, even if the phrase “Don’t get run over, call Conover” is appropriately trashy enough for a future ambulance-chaser:

43A7B1C3-F759-4B70-8CFF-AFFC28265BB1.jpeg

CA803CF7-B412-4A46-9604-5555619DF7B2.jpeg

I love Craig.  I am rooting for him!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He’s doing personal injury and workers comp so he is probably doing it on contingency and would probably up the % he takes in exchange for one. 

So far he has a boilerplate one page website with him listed as the only staff and is probably at most renting out a single office from someone. 

Too funny about upping the percentage if you get a pillow!

I meant with his own firm, not hired by a firm. I imagine he has enough money to rent office space downtown for himself and a legal secretary and/or maybe receptionist to make copies and do basic office work. He seems to need someone who can keep him a bit on track. He’s a well-known figure so if he hangs a shingle and does well in his first cases he’ll get more from word-of-mouth.

• Love 2

I hope Craig has some good attorneys around him to help, as well as some support staff.  Personal injury law requires a lot of work and attention to detail.  I wish him well. I’ve never been one of his fans.  

• Love 3
On 5/20/2021 at 8:30 PM, ProudMary said:

Charleston area resident here. I'm watching Top Chef on Bravo and just saw Craig in a commercial for the Craig Conover Law Firm. "Don't get run over, Call Conover!" 😅

https://www.craigconoverlawfirm.com/

I like that he has a sense of humor about himself. He's been quite fortunate, and I think he does try to give back and be charitable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I like that he has a sense of humor about himself. He's been quite fortunate, and I think he does try to give back and be charitable.

I don’t know that that is true, that slogan is pretty typical for personal injury lawyers.

• Love 1

I like Craig but I don't think I'd want him representing me in any type of legal matter.  But that makes me wonder is he actually the attorney that would be handling the cases or is he just the face of the law firm and someone else would be taking care of you?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 5/25/2021 at 11:51 AM, Dirtybubble said:

I like Craig but I don't think I'd want him representing me in any type of legal matter.  But that makes me wonder is he actually the attorney that would be handling the cases or is he just the face of the law firm and someone else would be taking care of you?

My guess, its probably him and a couple of associates/paralegals. Having worked at a firm that was a small personal injury shop, those practices are about volume. If he had partners, their names would be on the door. And he doesn't strike me as being able to manage a ton of people. So maybe an senior associate that does the bulk of the grunt work and day-to-day management and Craig bankrolling the operation and paying the bills plus handling a few cases here and there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/25/2021 at 11:51 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Some attorneys have in their contract that they can retain co-counsel or have another attorney or firm assist with the case, for no additional fee. Then, the contingency fee is split between the attorneys upon settlement.  I have no idea if he does this but it’s an option in most states.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, Rlb8031 said:

My guess, its probably him and a couple of associates/paralegals. Having worked at a firm that was a small personal injury shop, those practices are about volume. If he had partners, their names would be on the door. And he doesn't strike me as being able to manage a ton of people. So maybe an senior associate that does the bulk of the grunt work and day-to-day management and Craig bankrolling the operation and paying the bills plus handling a few cases here and there. 

Remember when Craig had that “assistant” to his “pillow empire” who had to call and wake him up every day by noon and actually did all the work? I imagine it’s something like that. He probably has an “office manager” who does everything and paralegals who do the actual casework and filing, and they just have his name on the door—occasionally schmoozing clients.

• Love 4

Couldn't find WWHL thread, stopped caring after Pg. 1, but wanted to mention that I thought Craig looked noticably less puffy and alcoholic-like in his recent WWHL appearance. The hair however, is weird and has.to.go. Also, the suit (yes, that abhorrent thing has matching pants) needs to be burned.

NYPICHPDPICT000043807330.thumb.webp.532fbba13d0a2a5ed5ba3ec3bfc099c2.webp

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

No matter what Craig does I think I'll still enjoy watching him. I give him credit for coming on this show as the "poor" guy who Shep ridiculed for looking to have his drinks paid for. Meanwhile, despite Naomi's needling (or maybe due to her goading) he finished law school and passed the bar. Then he developed his pillow business and maintained his place on this show so he now has a lucrative income and a very nice house (and maybe one or two others that he rents out).

He made his own path and has come out on top basically while rich-boy Shep has been treading water and at times made himself very unlikeable over 8 seasons. For me, Craig still has his "charm". 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2023 at 12:27 PM, RedHawk said:

No matter what Craig does I think I'll still enjoy watching him. I give him credit for coming on this show as the "poor" guy who Shep ridiculed for looking to have his drinks paid for. Meanwhile, despite Naomi's needling (or maybe due to her goading) he finished law school and passed the bar. Then he developed his pillow business and maintained his place on this show so he now has a lucrative income and a very nice house (and maybe one or two others that he rents out).

He made his own path and has come out on top basically while rich-boy Shep has been treading water and at times made himself very unlikeable over 8 seasons. For me, Craig still has his "charm". 

I actually like Shep a lot for his wit and intelligence, but recognize he's the worst kind of boyfriend ever.

Bravo is airing season 5 today, and Naomi is giving Craig a super hard time. I'm wondering if she sometimes kicks herself for not hanging in there with him now that he's come so very far and envies Paige, especially since she'd be happy living in Charleston and Paige is resisting it.

• Like 5

Naomi failed Craig in the one aspect men want the most:  appreciation and support.

I can still picture her mocking him, saying, "You pretend to sew", when in fact, he now has this whole business, and he's truly a one-woman guy who wants a family.

I don't love Paige either, as she's too snarky.  He's attracted to her, plus he probably likes a Type A woman.  But at least Paige is supportive for Craig, and seems to love him for who he is, and what gives a man peace, allows him the space to love.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Bravo is airing season 5 today, and Naomi is giving Craig a super hard time. I'm wondering if she sometimes kicks herself for not hanging in there with him now that he's come so very far and envies Paige, especially since she'd be happy living in Charleston and Paige is resisting it.

Naomi was dating Craig during the height of his Adderall addiction. I'm sure that had A LOT to do with how much grief she gave him, as he was only getting high and hanging out with the SC guys. I believe sewing happened when he first started therapy, which was before (or contiguous with) rehab.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 11/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Craig was on the podcast Brav Bros a couple of days ago.  I really enjoy this pod so I'll probably give it a listen

I listened to it and actually really enjoyed Craig! I felt the whole interview had a great flow!

• Like 2