Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Craig Conover: Work Hard(ly), Party Harder


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

I also think Craig is a smoker, so that would affect his voice.

It's interesting that the cast has never been filmed  smoking in the show (the entire male cast smokes), even though they have been shown deranged drunk or passed-out drunk multiple times. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

I actually thought they did film Craig smoking in one of the very early episodes when the show first started--back when he was out at the bars every night. Shep has also admitted that he smokes. I wonder about Landon? She has that squeaky/screechy voice. 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, slowpoked said:

It's interesting that the cast has never been filmed  smoking in the show (the entire male cast smokes), even though they have been shown deranged drunk or passed-out drunk multiple times. 

Because smokers are the evilest people on the TVland planet.

 

8 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Craig chews also. That's gotta suck when Naomie comes home to that smell. Yuck

It's the spit cup - always and forevermore THE nastiest nasty.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Looks like the jeans were worn in the short-lived bourbon job episode.

If Craig could consolidate all of the various Bravolebrities eBay sales to one website, that's not a bad business idea. Having all of the items for sale in one place actually helps everybody. Craig's jeans suddenly have more cachet if Carole's Alaia dress (though I've been told that Alaia is rarely resold) is being sold right next the jeans. If he could combine it with a blog about sourcing some of the other clothing that they wear and link to any of their original products, it could end up as sort of a one stop shop for all things Bravo. Carole and Sonja sell their old stuff on ebay as do almost all of the OC wives. He can take a percentage of the sales as the site host. It's never going to be huge amounts of money, but it might be a decent side gig. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

If Craig could consolidate all of the various Bravolebrities eBay sales to one website, that's not a bad business idea. Having all of the items for sale in one place actually helps everybody. Craig's jeans suddenly have more cachet if Carole's Alaia dress (though I've been told that Alaia is rarely resold) is being sold right next the jeans. If he could combine it with a blog about sourcing some of the other clothing that they wear and link to any of their original products, it could end up as sort of a one stop shop for all things Bravo. Carole and Sonja sell their old stuff on ebay as do almost all of the OC wives. He can take a percentage of the sales as the site host. It's never going to be huge amounts of money, but it might be a decent side gig. 

That would be too much work for Craig. He'd never get to sleep until 1. :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
(edited)

Craig is such an oddball but that's why I like him.  His mind works a little left-of-center.  He's right more than he is wrong and there is always a reason for what he does - including wine in a beer glass, I'm sure.  It may make no sense to many but perfect sense to him and once the reasons are out there, they make sense to me too.  

Could be, for example, the beer mug keeps the wine cooler longer or perhaps it's a means of him measuring and controlling intake, etc.  Odds are there is rationale behind it that is logical.

On the homefront, I really get it:  I only drink coffee out of clear coffee mugs while at home because it helps me monitor quantity and richness better.  I use cream and usually add a small dose of instant to make the brewed stuff stronger.  I can see what the finished product looks like. :) 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Could be, for example, the beer mug keeps the wine cooler longer or perhaps it's a means of him measuring and controlling intake, etc.  Odds are there is rationale behind it that is logical.

It doesn't seem to do either, it most certainly doesn't keep the wine cooler because the very act of holding a pint glass will warm up the wine because of the heat of your hand and I fail to see how ordering twice as much at once is controlling intake when he could simply say I am only going to drink two glasses of wine. I have ave rarely seen Craig act in a rational or logical manner so I will go by more own experiences with drinking white wine.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Maybe Craig knows he's going to chug a bit more wine and needs a double, and uses a pint glass so it can look like beer? Maybe the pint glass goes better snuff image?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Craig is such an oddball but that's why I like him.  His mind works a little left-of-center.  He's right more than he is wrong and there is always a reason for what he does - including wine in a beer glass, I'm sure.  It may make no sense to many but perfect sense to him and once the reasons are out there, they make sense to me too.  

Could be, for example, the beer mug keeps the wine cooler longer or perhaps it's a means of him measuring and controlling intake, etc.  Odds are there is rationale behind it that is logical.

On the homefront, I really get it:  I only drink coffee out of clear coffee mugs while at home because it helps me monitor quantity and richness better.  I use cream and usually add a small dose of instant to make the brewed stuff stronger.  I can see what the finished product looks like. :) 

It might make sense to him, however I don't see any rationale in that act.

the thing about Craig, he is a good egg, imo.

as far as him and Naomie, It is not a match.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/28/2017 at 0:38 PM, Jextella said:

Craig is such an oddball but that's why I like him.  His mind works a little left-of-center.  He's right more than he is wrong and there is always a reason for what he does - including wine in a beer glass, I'm sure.  It may make no sense to many but perfect sense to him and once the reasons are out there, they make sense to me too.  

Could be, for example, the beer mug keeps the wine cooler longer or perhaps it's a means of him measuring and controlling intake, etc.  Odds are there is rationale behind it that is logical.

On the homefront, I really get it:  I only drink coffee out of clear coffee mugs while at home because it helps me monitor quantity and richness better.  I use cream and usually add a small dose of instant to make the brewed stuff stronger.  I can see what the finished product looks like. :) 

I was thinking ti was smart because a wine glass could be easily tipped over lol 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

In this interview, he says he's going to work at a legal clinic 20-30 hours a week.

https://decider.com/2018/04/03/southern-charm-season-5-craig-conover-interview-bravo/

Then see if he gets hired into private practice or sets up private practice for himself.

But he's launching a pillow line and a lifestyle brand and he's going to try to renovate his home by himself.

So it sounds like he didn't get a lot of offers from law firms and is doing other things.  If he ever got a serious lawyer job, he may not be able to continue to do the show.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, scrb said:

In this interview, he says he's going to work at a legal clinic 20-30 hours a week.

https://decider.com/2018/04/03/southern-charm-season-5-craig-conover-interview-bravo/

Then see if he gets hired into private practice or sets up private practice for himself.

But he's launching a pillow line and a lifestyle brand and he's going to try to renovate his home by himself.

So it sounds like he didn't get a lot of offers from law firms and is doing other things.  If he ever got a serious lawyer job, he may not be able to continue to do the show.

I found a similar article:  http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/04/05/southern-charm-interview-craig-conover-naomie-breakup-interview/

It would be hard to start a practice or go in as an associate and do these types of things:  I’m going back to Haiti to put in another well outside of town next to our orphanage, so I’m excited about that. I’m just trying to keep myself busy with healthy stuff.

I have to say from a financial standpoint-if Southern Charmers make the same as Vanderpump Chucklehead, Tom Sandoval, about $15,000.00* -per episode, and the season runs about 15 episodes, that would be hard to walk away from

I think Craig has shown he can get things done.  Some other interesting tidbits:

Craig Conover: Yeah, I’m happy. I’m not getting into anything serious anytime soon, but I’ve met some people that remind me of what it felt like to be with someone that you’re happy with or someone that’s nice to you. Cameran’s like my biggest fan. Any picture that I post online, she’ll say something absurd and it gets 1,500 likes. I remember when I first left, I saw her and she said, “Man, I haven’t seen this person in 2 or 3 years.” She says that she can see I’m back to my old self and very happy, so it’s good. 

You and Naomie broke up, so was it difficult to explore those issues while filming? 
Craig Conover: Yes. That’s what my roommate always jokes about. He’s like, “I’m a little jealous of you, but I’m glad I don’t have to see my ex-girlfriend every week.” It was tough because we are in the same friend group, and Charleston’s not that big. My separations in the past with people were pretty clean and sharp. When we were done, we were done. We didn’t talk anymore. We didn’t see each other anymore. With Naomie and I and Charleston, it’s very tough because we’re always around each other, so it takes a certain amount of time to pass before you’re able to be able to be around each other and not get into the problems that you were facing. It was definitely interesting. I thought we were going to get back together. Obviously doesn’t happen because she posts her whole life on social media, so I guess people already know that. I think you see another side of her. I protected her a lot for 2 years. It’s pretty interesting. Austen at one point is like, “Maybe Craig wasn’t making all that stuff up.” I get yelled at a lot this year.

You and Shep have had your ups and downs over the past few seasons. Are you guys in a good place this year?
Craig Conover: 
Yes. Fortunately, we get along a lot better this year. He’s very supportive throughout the breakup. With me, he kind of tailors his style of support for pushing me to become the best Craig I can become instead of being so critical. He saw how it affected me with Naomie. He really turns it into a supporting, encouraging style of approach. I think we have some spats, but we’re very close. We hang out way more than we have in prior years. We see each other a lot. I’m happy for him. Everyone’s just rooting for each other.

Last thing Craig Googled:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2_F-1esPk  Craig is definitely a random kind of guy.

 

 

 

*Sandoval was involved in litigation and his salary was revealed.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

1 hour ago, scrb said:

If he ever got a serious lawyer job, he may not be able to continue to do the show.

Sadly, this is true; even in this day and age, lawyers aren’t taken seriously if they regularly appear on reality television. I remember when one of Bethenny Frankel’s ex-boyfriends got fired from his law firm due to his rather tame few appearances on that show. Aside from Erika Jayne’s super rich old lawyer husband((who was already successfully established in his legal career by the time he ever appeared on the show)), I don’t know any other lawyers who would dare attempt to potentially jeopardize their reputations via reality stardom.

That said, I don’t blame Craig one bit for riding this wave while he can and enjoying some instant rewards and perks of being a Bravolebrity. He can definitely use his law degree on the side and not in the courtroom in the meantime.

Speaking of Craig, I just had the pleasure of randomly meeting him this past week while vacationing in Charleston! He was at a hip bar here and was very sweet to my husband and me; super nice, polite dude, very cute and tall in person. Amusingly enough, shortly later Naomi showed up at the same bar and all but bolted out with a friend when she saw him there; she’s super skinny and pretty in person. I guess he’s right about this being such a small city because we also happened to see Chelsea from a distance at another bar here; the cast definitely likes to party hard all around this lovely city.

  • Love 17
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

remember when one of Bethenny Frankel’s ex-boyfriends got fired from his law firm due to his rather tame few appearances on that show.

The first Jason wasn't a lawyer, he worked on Wall Street for a private investment group.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The first Jason wasn't a lawyer, he worked on Wall Street for a private investment group.

Ahhhh, thank you! I kept thinking he was a lawyer, so I must’ve gotten the investment group thing confused with a law firm.

Link to comment
On 4/16/2018 at 10:16 AM, heatherchandler said:

Is there a Naomi thread?  She looks so different with the new nose, and not for the better.  Now she has too much philthrum.  $100 says she plumps her lips next to even that out, which will be sad because she has nice natural lips.

That is a photo with a goofy app.  Here is an untouched photo:  

Naomie's eyes will always be distracting.  I just think she is pathetic with her desperation to be on the show.  She either has to date a principle or bring someone interesting to the show or have an interesting business.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

That is a photo with a goofy app.  Here is an untouched photo:  

Naomie's eyes will always be distracting.  I just think she is pathetic with her desperation to be on the show.  She either has to date a principle or bring someone interesting to the show or have an interesting business.

What is wrong with her eyes?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

That is a photo with a goofy app.  Here is an untouched photo:  

Naomie's eyes will always be distracting.  I just think she is pathetic with her desperation to be on the show.  She either has to date a principle or bring someone interesting to the show or have an interesting business.

Yeah her eyes are wonky, one seems to be wandering a bit.

Last year I thought that she was so beautiful, and then the bitchier she got on the show, the uglier she got to me.  I don't like the new nose, I think she looked better with the old one.

I agree, she is pathetic.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/20/2018 at 10:10 AM, LIMOM said:

What is wrong with her eyes?

I didn't say wrong.  Her left eye turns in and I find it distracting. I don't want to be accused of saying there is something wrong with her.   Andy Cohen's eyes do the same thing.  He has mentioned it before about himself.  As far as body's go-Naomie is smoking hot-very fit very tiny.  

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I didn't say wrong.  Her left eye turns in and I find it distracting. I don't want to be accused of saying there is something wrong with her.   Andy Cohen's eyes do the same thing.  He has mentioned it before about himself.  As far as body's go-Naomie is smoking hot-very fit very tiny.  

 

I did not notice until you pointed it out. 

Link to comment

4 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

So much for Craig not doing anything. Too bad Naomie couldn’t be happy with him as he is. I like that he can do and enjoys doing many different things, not just working long hours for some law firm then drinking his evenings away.

Naomi did a lot of the work on her new house herself so they have that in commpn.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Naomi did a lot of the work on her new house herself so they have that in commpn.

I have reached the point that Naomie doesn't need anyone it is just not specific to Craig-she does everything anyone else does and better and has the fans to back her.   Such a busy girl barely leaves time to stalk Craig.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
Quote
On 4/22/2018 at 1:57 AM, LIMOM said:

I did not notice until you pointed it out. 

Re Naomi's Instagram bragging of attaining 17 percent body fat - do Charleston women all need to observe T-Rav's stated preference for the skeletal type?  The CDC says women's body fat should be between 21 - 24 percent...

  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Re Naomi's Instagram bragging of attaining 17 percent body fat - do Charleston women all need to observe T-Rav's stated preference for the skeletal type?  The CDC says women's body fat should be between 21 - 24 percent...

Maybe it is the thigh gap that Naomie bragged about having along with Ashley.  Katherine has never been reed thin but she is tall.  Ashley and Naomie are using the same PR agency and doing the same citing of the clothing and accessories they are wearing.  I guess it makes it seems like they are trend setters and the person to aspire to be.  I don't think Naomie ever had a body fat percentage of 24% but getting down to 17% seems rash.  All I could think of is that how my work out pants are suppose to look?  

  • Love 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe it is the thigh gap that Naomie bragged about having along with Ashley.  Katherine has never been reed thin but she is tall.  Ashley and Naomie are using the same PR agency and doing the same citing of the clothing and accessories they are wearing.  I guess it makes it seems like they are trend setters and the person to aspire to be.  I don't think Naomie ever had a body fat percentage of 24% but getting down to 17% seems rash.  All I could think of is that how my work out pants are suppose to look?  

They are paid influencers for all those bullshit teas and apparently some type of cat treats.

Beyonce was the first influencer to my knowledge pushing that crazy leg gap.

the more things change, the more they stay the same...

On 4/28/2018 at 2:58 AM, sheetmoss said:

He needs to capitalize on this persona and move on to hgtv and  create his own brand of home goods.

  • Love 6
Link to comment
(edited)

I LOVE Craig.   He's smart, compassionate, creative, adventurous, free-spirited, etc. 

My sense is that his dawdling has to do with lack of clarity about a life path.

If he REALLY wanted to go the safe and traditional path, he'd have passed the bar and started working for a firm years ago.  I believe Craig is wired more as an entrepreneur which is high-risk and against the wishes of many in his life at the time, i.e. Naomie, perhaps his castmates etc.

I think it was this internal struggle that has prevented Craig from moving on.  Pleasing others and taking a stable but boring path vs. pleasing himself on a path that is fraught with risk but which would be far more rewarding for him. 

I love that Craig is going in the latter direction.  I think he knows he would benefit from keeping a toe in the legal world.  He does seems to have a strong desire to contribute to society and pro-bono legal work on the side would serve dual purposes.

My only negative about Craig is that he is FAR too sensitive and needs to learn to take a joke.  Having said that, he is so "out there" that I think he gets dumped on way too much and with no justification by some (Naomie of course, but also Shep and some of the others, i.e. Austen and Cam).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...