Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Anyone For Golf?

Chyka and Bruce collaborate with Eddie McGuire on an ambitious new building project. Then, in an effort to diffuse bubbling resentments, Janet invites the ladies to a day of golf on the Peninsular.

Some random thoughts:

- Gina at her photo shoot... Get the stick out of your bum and relaaaaaaxxxx! Loosen up girl!

- at Chykka and Bruce's pop up restaurant, when the waiter said "Ladies and Gents". I hate that! Gents are those yukky maggot things you use when you are fishing, Gentlemen are the men you are serving in a restaurant.

-Jackie seems to have turned down the show off button this season. Good girl, you seem much nicer for it.

- Gamble: trying too hard to create drama?

- Janet....she's always going to find herself in the middle of drama. She loves the gossip, hates being caught up in the blame. Double edged sword.

Chykka to Jackie at the golfing day: "Where are those Angels when you need them?!" Ha ha ha!

Annnnd .... NO Lydia this episode!!! Perfect!!! Didn't miss the pompousness one iota!

• Love 2

Last minute flights from Melbourne to Qatar? Ah, the 'boss' life.

It was very big of Chyka to apologize for her part of the gossip. It's Self-Accountability 101 but it's a rarity in Housewives land. She hasn't let me down yet and I'm one of the few who loves her hairstyle.

Maurice, Gina's photographer friend is quite the character. She looked a bit awkward laying on the car hood but the straight up and down shot that I've seen on her social media page is a better look.

I don't know if Janet was trying to undermine Gina by mimicking her 'deck of cards' line from last season, but she looked a bit foolish. Everyone else thinks she doesn't have a malicious bone in her body but Gina knows how Janet carries bullshit back and forth. After her experience last year I imagine she didn't want Gamble as the newbie to go through what she did so she was attempting to be supportive to Gamble and get to the bottom of it. I suppose it could appear like she was overly involved but I get it.

And the tears when Janet told Jackie that Gina didn't want Janet to tell the truth? Surely that got twisted, too. This woman...

Golfing: Gamble from the waist down looked a mess, Gina tiptoeing outside after changing from her heels was hilarious as was her losing the club, and Jackie's multiple attempts to hit the ball -- good times. I like Gamble's moments of clarity and reflection about going tit for tat re: the rumors. Something tells me that strippergate isn't over, though.

Next week: Fifteen minute orgasms?

giphy.gif

• Love 3

Jackie sucking at golf cracked me up. And I LOVED Chyka teasing her and Jackie laughing at herself.

I also loved Chyka apologizing even though Janet was the real shit-stirrer. And Janet is trying so hard to make her Cryptkeeper face relevant. Oh Janet, Chyka "slithered" because she wasn't trying to fuck with Gamble…like you were.

• Love 2

Gina's blog this episode: http://www.arenatv.com.au/shows/real-housewives-of-melbourne/season2-blogs/gina-liano-blog.html

I could've easily read that before my post. 

And just when I thought it was a waste of time, she decided to start the entertainment by mimicking me. Deck of cards you say? Janet if you're going to try and copy me, at least have the right attitude girl! No prizes for seconds.

Yaas, honey.[/MariahHuq]

Kudos to her self awareness about her body shape and poking fun because she has negative ass, which may not bode too well for a stripper. I quite like the name Jacket.

I'm sure Lydia's son's wedding in Italy was beautiful. Too bad we don't get to see it.

I haven't checked recently to see if any of them write blogs for Bravo besides Jackie's from episode 1. I'd like to hear what they have to say since Arena only has one housewives blog an episode.

• Love 1

Holy crap Janet's nostrils. I can't un-see this.

Girl, yes.

I turned off the tv when the ladies hopped into the golf carts. Not sure if I was bored or just restless.

Nothing personal against Gamble but I cannot stand her voice.

It was nice to see the women forced to wear clothes that weren't covered in bling and teetering around on stilettos (sans Gina of course). Jackie and Chyka looked adorable. WTF was Gamble wearing? It looked like she just came from a slumber party for 12 year olds. I just cannot abide Janet. Between her shit stirring and plastic face, she gets on my last nerve. BUT I have to say that as much as Gamble insisted it was all Janet making up rumors. I don't think Janet was making up the rumors, she was only repeating them. My guess is that Gamble has a rep. That kind of thing happens when your track record is exclusively old wealthy men, lol. 

Thanks goodness matchy match Gina clothing is back

It was refreshing to see them all take ownership and really make up at the end. BH could take a lesson. 

Holy crap Janet's nostrils. I can't un-see this.

I gasped. Her face looks like someone held a candle too close to a wax sculpture. She's such an epic shit stirrer.

Watching Jackie miserably fail to get her club anywhere near the ball made me wonder if she had some sort of diagnosable eye issue that causes depth perception problems among other things. She was off by a mile. An eye condition might explain why she thinks her husband looks like Johnny Depp.

• Love 4
It was very big of Chyka to apologize for her part of the gossip. It's Self-Accountability 101 but it's a rarity in Housewives land. She hasn't let me down yet and I'm one of the few who loves her hairstyle.

I love Chyka and her hair, it's her signature look, it suits her face and she carries it well.

• Love 4

So Janet spends the first five minutes lying her face off (new face would help), throwing Chyka under the bus and basically acting a brat.  Then she lies to Jackie about what Gina said to her (Gina told me to not be truthful) and starts crying?  What?  I really can't wait for the reunion on this one.  Do the Melbourne HW see the episodes before the reunion?

• Love 2

If I had to trade places with any of these women, Chyka would be my pick. She seems likable, funny, relaxed, *she apologizes sincerely*, and her husband is charming.

I wouldn't mind having a cool job and getting to shop for the finest clothes and having a nice daughter tease me when it's time to throw out the old stuff.

• Love 6

Watching Jackie miserably fail to get her club anywhere near the ball made me wonder if she had some sort of diagnosable eye issue that causes depth perception problems among other things. She was off by a mile. An eye condition might explain why she thinks her husband looks like Johnny Depp.

It looked fake as hell to me. Like a little kid who makes somebody laugh and then keeps doing it over and over to keep getting the attention.

It seemed like "Look how cute I am, I can't even hit this ball....aren't I aadorable".

• Love 2

I gasped. Her face looks like someone held a candle too close to a wax sculpture. She's such an epic shit stirrer.

THIS!!!  Her nose is a horror, but her whole face is just frightening.  And I swear there are dents in her cheeks, under her eyes.  What is that?  Filler gaps?  <shudder>

• Love 2

Everything that was said about Janet's nose. OMG!!! Even Michael Jackson nose didn't look so bad. Her nose looked especially horrific in the cafe shop, at first I thought it was just especially bad angle but then I watched it frame by frame and it's even worse than I originally thought, it's not just those awfully uneven nostrils - it doesn't go straight down on her face but across from right to left!!!! She should easily qualify for Botched on E, I would love to see if that atrocity could be even fixed. She should hire Gina to get damages from whoever is responsible.

I also want to ask what stripper body looks like Gamble's? Not that I go around looking for strippers but she's all skinny arms and legs and no boobs? Aren't boobs required to be a stripper? That didn't exactly add up to me. And well the last stripper I saw was on Law and Order so maybe my perception is skewed. 

I think some of these women are just thinking "how can I ramp this up for added interest?" You can see their little minds working.

I also want to ask what stripper body looks like Gamble's? Not that I go around looking for strippers but she's all skinny arms and legs and no boobs? Aren't boobs required to be a stripper? That didn't exactly add up to me. And well the last stripper I saw was on Law and Order so maybe my perception is skewed. 

I think some of these women are just thinking "how can I ramp this up for added interest?" You can see their little minds working.

Although I don't believe that Gambol was a stripper, I don't think that her assertion that she has no boobs makes it clear that she has never been a stripper.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) a female can definitely have small boobs (or a small bum) and make some good money in the stripping world. Some men even prefer this look.  A few years ago I had to do a huge project on the psychology of strippers, and got to meet several. They were not at all what I pictured from the mainstream media images that had been fed to me. I'm sure that certain men have a certain type when they ask for a dance or whatever, but a lot of men just want to see a woman/any woman naked. Now I'm speaking from a US perspective, not sure about Australia in particular.

Edited by Granimal

I got my husband a stripper for his 50th birthday and she didn't look anything like Gamble. The one I hired had a great body and she was gorgeous.

You're right that Gamble is nothing but arms and legs.

Her voice kind of annoys me too. She talks like she's chewing on something.

Edited by Maharincess

Everything that was said about Janet's nose. OMG!!! Even Michael Jackson nose didn't look so bad. Her nose looked especially horrific in the cafe shop, at first I thought it was just especially bad angle but then I watched it frame by frame and it's even worse than I originally thought, it's not just those awfully uneven nostrils - it doesn't go straight down on her face but across from right to left!!!! She should easily qualify for Botched on E, I would love to see if that atrocity could be even fixed. She should hire Gina to get damages from whoever is responsible.

Hmmm...was Andrea's husband the man who created this new nose? Anyone know?

Janet has to be lying about her age. She's the oldest looking 56 year old ever seen on television. I'm always shocked the other ladies comment on how beautiful they think Janet appears to them.

I'm glad Gina toned down the make-up, but I wish someone would tell her to ditch what she has left of eyeshadow, too much still! I picture her prettier when she's hanging around the house, not preoccupied with caking on the make-up. She's beautiful but her make-up is still a distraction.

Gina is insecure about her looks. She probably thinks her legs are too short - thus the obsession with wearing high heels and the makeup poundage. I do like that we're seeing her a bit more relaxed in this season.

Gamble looks malnourished and unhealthy. I suspect she starves herself. I know some women are thin naturally, but she has no body tone and has made comments such as "eating only carrots."

Either Jackie was hamming it up or she's one of the most uncoordinated people alive.

Her husband looked disgruntled at the restaurant advertisement - uh, dinner party. Me thinks he's had it with the show. Probably only went along with it to sell wine.

Chyka looked fabulous in her golf outfit.

Edited by pasdetrois

I love me some housewives but I agree with bichonblitz these women are just "off". I can't explain it or even put my finger on it. Maybe it's just a difference in America and Australia. They just seem to all be trying TO HARD. Like they watched all the HF shows and now there being "characters" instead of people. Our Housewives are characters all right but I still buy that there real people. These women are like actors that at the end of the day go home and are completely different people.

So Janet spends the first five minutes lying her face off (new face would help), throwing Chyka under the bus and basically acting a brat.  Then she lies to Jackie about what Gina said to her (Gina told me to not be truthful) and starts crying?  What?  I really can't wait for the reunion on this one.  Do the Melbourne HW see the episodes before the reunion?

I believe they see the episodes for the reunion, but I know after last season they didn't fully see how the tide turned after Lydia and the other woman's nastiness were revealed. Per Jackie's twitter they just finished taping Season 2's reunion. The season is only 11 episodes not including what will likely be another two part reunion.

I love me some housewives but I agree with bichonblitz these women are just "off". I can't explain it or even put my finger on it. Maybe it's just a difference in America and Australia. They just seem to all be trying TO HARD. Like they watched all the HF shows and now there being "characters" instead of people. Our Housewives are characters all right but I still buy that there real people. These women are like actors that at the end of the day go home and are completely different people.

What are HF shows?