Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

ETA: Here's a sketch of fancy pants Capt. Killian Jones, from the bonus materials. It's dated 2012, so I wonder if that's a sketch for the actual show character? Looks like they were undecided between long or short hair. Thank god they went for the short (slightly messy) hair.

http://kimidakewooooo.tumblr.com/post/115223583080/once-upon-a-time-out-of-the-past-bonus-material

They did keep the Once telltale evil cleavage, though. Apparently, it even makes its way into the concept sketches AND is not gender specific.

Saw this post on Tumblr and can't believe how gullible some people are. All you have to do is click the source tag (x).

http://sincerelyaformerdearie.tumblr.com/post/115227483626/are-you-fucking-kidding-me-source-x

Although I have to admit, it did make my heart skip a beat before I saw the whole thing. I wish I would have thought of it. :)

April's Fools!

I fucking hate this day for everything that it is.  Someone posted that my team's goaltender was out indefinitely due to a back injury.  I nearly threw up my heart.

• Love 1

It's interesting that they mention the Southern Isles. That's where Hans was from, right? So at least we know Hook knew of them (if this is considered canon). So where does that factor in about him knowing or not knowing about Arendelle? Granted, he would have visited these places some 200 yrs back, so they could have been pretty different compared to nowadays.

Now I'm wonderig if he ever made it there and ran into some of Hans' ancestors.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll go one further and say my ultimate wish is for a Hook spin-off series.

Regarding Colin, I hope when this show finally ends, we get to see him in film roles or another series worthy of his talents.

I do NOT want a Hook spinoff series, unless it's a prequel, because that would separate him from Emma. Now a prequel, I could get behind.

And, yes, I very much look forward to Colin's future roles. I hope he has lots of really good, meaty ones.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I would love a prequel that focused on Neverland. We totally got shafted on that front, especially with Tink, and the lost boys. What did happen to Ruffio? He could have adventures in Neverland, as well as the EF, and they could also show flashbacks to his time in the Royal Navy, or as a pirate before he got the hook. They could do so much! I think Hook was more adventurous, fun, and interesting pre-Emma, sadly, so yea, I would love a spin-off! Think of all the possibilities! And then the "Once Upon a Hook" haters could go away, although they'd probably still watch just to find ways to call him a rapist.

They could do so much! I think Hook was more adventurous, fun, and interesting pre-Emma, sadly,

The reason for that is because he has chosen to be with her and taken on the responsibilities of saving the town from danger every other minute.  That sort of takes away from the fun they both could have.  

I vote for them jumping on the JR and skipping town.  Forever.

• Love 2

I vote for them jumping on the JR and skipping town. Forever.

If Charming ever grows a pair and actually stands up to Snow and her awful parenting decisions, then he can join them, too. I'd hate for Hook to lose one of the few bros he has in town. 

• Love 2
I'd hate for Hook to lose one of the few bros he has in town.

Is he really that much of a bro, though? In the last episode, he was all worried that Ursula would turn Hook back to the villain side. Never mind that it was the other way around, with Hook turning Ursula back to good and removing her from the evil gang. Funny how no one has commented on that or seemingly thanked him. The only person other than Emma who has shown any sign of acting like a friend to Hook lately has been Belle. David's been kind of a jerk, probably because he's projecting.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was kind of half kidding with the bro line, since the fandom likes to make it appear like David and Hook are way closer friends than they really are. But sadly, if you think about it, David actually is one of the few male "friends" Hook has in Storybrooke. Sure, they don't hang out or anything, but they did get to bond a little bit at the ice wall, and there have been small hints of closeness when you look at scenes like Charming shaking his head in agreement for Hook to go after Emma in "Snow Drifts" and when he put his hand on his shoulder when Neal died.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

I miss the days when David used to be all mouthy at Hook, telling how he would never get Emma because being a pirate pretty much defined him or how he was selfish and even after 402, he wasn't certain that the guy had changed after he hung out with him at Elsa's wall.

Oh David, how wrong you were!  Though I'm pretty sure he had seen the writing on the wall very early on, especially with that talk he had with Emma about moments and how her reply was asking him if he was trying to keep her from Hook.  It turned into a joke because of his reply, but that was such a clear deflection on his part.

• Love 1

The problem is that the David stuff is part of this overall pod person thing to support the insane current plot. David seemed to have worked things out about Hook after seeing the way he was with Emma at the ice wall. But then they had to drop all those anvils about David feeling guilty about whatever they did to Mal and worrying that Emma would be dark, so his character was sacrificed yet again to regress him and have him actually worry that Ursula would convince Hook to join the villains. Never mind that the man would do absolutely anything for Emma and would never switch sides to end up opposing Emma.

And that means there's been no steady trajectory for whatever friendship might exist between Hook and David.

Oh, and thanks to the conversation here about BareMinerals, I finally remembered while I was out shopping that I'm out of foundation. Really! I was shopping, had a thought about Hook, and the mental rabbit trail reminded me of that conversation, and after weeks of coming home from a shopping trip and belatedly remembering, I finally have foundation without having to dig in my travel kit.

(edited)

I would love a prequel that focused on Neverland. We totally got shafted on that front, especially with Tink, and the lost boys. What did happen to Ruffio? He could have adventures in Neverland, as well as the EF, and they could also show flashbacks to his time in the Royal Navy, or as a pirate before he got the hook. They could do so much! I think Hook was more adventurous, fun, and interesting pre-Emma, sadly, so yea, I would love a spin-off! Think of all the possibilities! And then the "Once Upon a Hook" haters could go away, although they'd probably still watch just to find ways to call him a rapist.

A Neverland prequel has a lot of possibilities. Or I could see something in the present day with Hook being sent to another world, with the possibility of getting back to Emma. Basically, his entire Lost Year journey, but bigger. Perhaps he has to go around righting wrongs in this other world, or he opens a supernatural detective agency. ETA: with Tink and Red!

Edited by ABitOFluff

I do a lot of driving for work, which means a lot of time to think, so the other day I found myself wondering about Killian's initial reaction to the phrase "chillin' like a villain."

We really do need some swashbuckling. I'm trying to remember, haven't there just been a few sword fights? There was the one against Emma (that he threw), the one against Blackbeard (which was great), and the one in the season 3 finale against the castle guards. Anything else? There have been a few times he had the sword out, but he never got to engage, and there was the time in "The Crocodile" when he was valiantly attempting to fight against Rumple, but Rumple was playing Dark One, so it was hardly a fight.

It's rather a pity when you've got a classic swashbuckler character and he seldom gets to use his sword.

• Love 1

This went off into fanfic territory quick.  I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but Hook will sadly get none of that.  I was expecting that we would find out about his father this season, but I'll be shocked if that happens at this point.  For me since Neverland was such a missed opportunity to explore the relationships of the Neverland guys, then everything else is sort of a moot point.

I would personally love to see a Hook-Charming swordfight!

At the very least, a training/sparring session because they realize their skills have become rusty while they've been living in this world. And maybe with minor trash talking during it.

• Love 3

But would Hook even have to cheat to beat Charming? They're both about the same height, so about the same reach. Charming has more bulk, but Hook might have more speed/agility with that slighter frame. It would probably come down to skill/experience. Hook has a couple of hundred years being a pirate and probably frequently having to fight for his life. Charming didn't learn to sword fight until a few years before the curse, then spent 28 years in a coma and hasn't done a lot of sword fighting since then. We know that within the past year Hook has fought and defeated Blackbeard and was able to take on the guards at Midas's castle. I can't think of any occasion Charming has had for sword fighting other than that fight against his phantom self since the curse broke. If Hook had two good hands, he could probably beat Charming while checking his text messages or reading a book.

Random thought while reflecting on the recent Hook episode: Was PastHook during the season 3 finale back from Neverland for good, or was he just on a supply run for Pan? I suppose it doesn't matter much, aside from adjusting his physical age by maybe a year. If he was just making supply runs at the time, then how would he have known for sure that he'd be there in that place at that time? Then again, even if he was back for good, he's a pirate with a ship, so how did he know for certain when he came up with that plan that he was actually in that port at that time, when he wasn't clear on exactly when in time they were? Emma knew it was the time her parents met, but it's not like that gave them a specific date. Maybe he remembered being in town at the same time as Blackbeard, so seeing Blackbeard clued him in, and in that case it wouldn't have mattered if he was back for good or just on a supply run.

But after seeing how pirate Hook dealt with Ursula, offering her free passage and only failing her when he got angry at her father, it seems likely that PastHook might actually have dealt better with Snow than PresentHook did, though PresentHook did have an agenda that was for her own good. PastHook might have been willing to get her to safety away from Regina without charging her since I suspect that being cast out alone in the world would trigger his empathy.

(edited)

But would Hook even have to cheat to beat Charming? They're both about the same height, so about the same reach. Charming has more bulk, but Hook might have more speed/agility with that slighter frame.

I think Josh has Colin by about 2 inches in real life, so Charming definitely has both height and weight on Hook, but Hook would be more agile and quick with his movements. And Hook probably knows a lot more fencing techniques and skills than Charming because of his time in the Royal Navy. Although, I could see Hook's arrogance getting to his head, which could cost him the fight if he got distracted enough to wink at his girlfriend cheering him on on the sidelines. Ugh, after watching The Princess Bride not too long ago, I've been wanting a sword fight similar to the one between Westley and Inigo on this show so badly. The two men respected each others skills and weren't necessarily out to kill each other, but it was a badass sword fight nonetheless. 

Random thought while reflecting on the recent Hook episode: Was PastHook during the season 3 finale back from Neverland for good, or was he just on a supply run for Pan?

Edit: Nevermind, Rumsy corrected me.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm pretty sure they were just on a supply run because Hook yelled at Smee for eating the cakes which were meant for Pan, and he was still concerned about "keeping Pan happy."

I think Shanna Marie meant the CS movie. Past!Hook was back for good in the EF during the TT adventure. There was no sense of urgency to get back to Neverland. In the 4B flashback, we don't know for sure if was back in Misthaven, or was in some other region of the magical world. At any rate, he seemed to be keeping a low profile in the most recent flashback, probably because he didn't want it getting around at that time that he was making back and forth trips from Neverland. 

Edited by Rumsy4
(edited)

Oops, damn mobile scrolling. I should just stick to using this site only on my desktop. (Or learn to not skim over words too quickly.)

Edited by Curio

Didn't someone ask Colin who he thought would win in a sword fight between Hook and Charming on twitter at some point, and he answered Hook?

Or was that just my imagination?

I'm gonna go ahead and say Hook would win. He's got a couple centuries of experience on David, and I'm sure he's faced enemies of similar size and weight to Charming plenty of times to know how to handle him.

• Love 1

David learned sword fighting from Anna (there aren't enough eye rolls and head shakes in the world for this one).

Yes. I tried, but I just got a headache and a little dizzy.

Size really doesn't make that big a difference in sword fighting, depending on the weapon. I took fencing in college and as a rather small woman was able to do just fine against much taller guys, so I doubt that a couple of inches and some extra bulk would make that much difference between Charming and Hook, unless they were using broadswords. A slightly longer reach might tip the balance if they were evenly matched otherwise, but I don't think they'd logically be evenly matched (not that this show is acquainted with logic). Hook was a Royal Navy officer who wore a sword, and therefore probably had some training in it and also had an older brother who was an officer, so you know there was probably some training/sparring going on there, so he probably started learning sword fighting starting at least in his teens. He fought in a war, then was a pirate for a very, very long time. We never saw it (alas), but he surely went up against Pan a time or two. On the other hand, David spent a day learning from Anna, got another crash course when he had to become "James," and then fought in a war. He started learning as an adult and has maybe had a few years since he started learning (not counting the curse).

So I'd think that an earlier start, plus formal training, plus a couple of centuries of experience should win. Hook's downfall might be if he gets riled and lets the temper get the best of him or if he gets cocky and drops his guard. Otherwise, it would be hard to believe that Hook wouldn't wipe the floor with David. They would be very, very short bouts. However, they do tend to use different weapons. Charming does use something more like a broadsword, while Hook is more of a cutlass guy.

Gee, can you tell I'm procrastinating? And bored?

• Love 3
(edited)

I have the scene in my head now:

Team Charming and their Pirate Mascot are eating lunch at Granny's. Henry asks Charming and Hook which one is the better swordsman, and of course they both think they're better than the other one. To settle it, they have a friendly duel outside on the patio area. The first couple of rounds, Hook wipes the floor clean with Charming and gets a bit cocky. David starts to get down on himself for not being able to show off in front of Henry, Snow, Emma, and the others watching from inside. Emma sees this, so she goes and whispers in Charming's ear, "Watch for the spin move." Next round, Hook of course pulls out his flashy spin move, but Charming is able to anticipate it, knocks Hook off balance, and he crashes into one of the patio tables. (#CaptainFloorReturns.) Emma helps pick her boyfriend off the ground and everyone agrees to concede the fight and grab some chocolate shakes inside instead.

Well, that turned into fan fiction rather quickly...

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

From the fandom thread, there was a discussion about whether Hook was a villain or just a hothead in his initial introduction.

I think he was a true selfish villain in S2. He allied with Cora despite her village slaughter, stole Aurora's heart for the purpose of letting Cora enslave her, and tried to kill Emma/Snow so that he and Cora could get to Storybrooke. In his Enchanted Forest/Neverland life, he humiliated Rumple in their initial encounter, turned Baelfire over to Pan, worked for Pan (although that may have been under some duress; I'm unclear), seemed about to kill Belle because she was no use to him, crushed Ursula's voice for petty revenge, and attempted to kill Cora. He was certainly not the worst villain ever, but he was also completely indifferent to other people except as they furthered his vengeance. I'd put him at the same villain level as Warlord Bo-Peep and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

However, actually sticking his hook in Rumple's heart seemed to have accomplished something psychologically healthy for him. It was like, even though Rumple didn't actually die, Hook still did what he'd been fantasizing about for long enough to realize that it wasn't going to bring Milah back or make the pain of her death any less. His turning point was realizing that he had to move forward and let the past be the past--helped I'm sure by his interest in Emma. There's a fanfic waiting to happen in an AU where Hook didn't go to Neverland with Emma and what happened then, but I don't think it would be anything good for Hook. I think he would have done exactly what he did in the Missing Year.

• Love 3

There's a fanfic waiting to happen in an AU where Hook didn't go to Neverland with Emma and what happened then, but I don't think it would be anything good for Hook. I think he would have done exactly what he did in the Missing Year.

There is. I've read it. :) (Can't remember the name off-hand, though.)

• Love 2
However, actually sticking his hook in Rumple's heart seemed to have accomplished something psychologically healthy for him. It was like, even though Rumple didn't actually die, Hook still did what he'd been fantasizing about for long enough to realize that it wasn't going to bring Milah back or make the pain of her death any less. His turning point was realizing that he had to move forward and let the past be the past--helped I'm sure by his interest in Emma.

I agree with this.  I think he also saw that harming Belle who was innocent accomplished absolutely nothing.  Even as Lacey she was hanging on to Rumple.  Rumple actually moved on and was kind of making something of the life he was given in Storybrooke while Hook was just stuck in the same place.  He told Regina that they wasted their lives.  No one cared whether they lived or died.

I've always appreciated the dynamic that existed between Regina and Hook in the very few scenes they shared where they let him express himself about having wasted their lives and revenge is not all that it's cracked out to be.  I enjoyed their scenes because they always spoke at each others' level.  He was a villain and so was she, they were on the quest for the same thing.  These days they barely look at each other.  I wish they would have let them have a scene about the Author and how they have taken different approaches to what they want.

• Love 4
However, actually sticking his hook in Rumple's heart seemed to have accomplished something psychologically healthy for him. It was like, even though Rumple didn't actually die, Hook still did what he'd been fantasizing about for long enough to realize that it wasn't going to bring Milah back or make the pain of her death any less.

This. I really, really like that Hook got his revenge ... and it changed nothing. Milah didn't miraculously come back and all that pain still remained. He learned that vengeance is a hollow victory and that in the end, vengeance wasn't really what he wanted at all.

I've always appreciated the dynamic that existed between Regina and Hook in the very few scenes they shared where they let him express himself about having wasted their lives and revenge is not all that it's cracked out to be.

This, too. I very much appreciate Hook's self-awareness.

re: the discussion in the fandom thread: I wasn't a huge Hook fan in season two, either, but I kinda think that was the point. He was an asshole and the characters treated him as such. I was super against the idea of him and Emma together in season two. Then over the hiatus between seasons two and three, I liked the idea in a crackship-y kind of way, mostly for all the apoplectic Daddy Charming stuff I was imagining would arise. Then season three happened and the character grew up and now Captain Swan is my happy place and I think they're the cutest things in the history of cute things. So considering the trajectory the character has taken, I think his early asshattery was very much intentional.

• Love 2

This, too. I very much appreciate Hook's self-awareness.

re: the discussion in the fandom thread: I wasn't a huge Hook fan in season two, either, but I kinda think that was the point. He was an asshole and the characters treated him as such.

Yes.  One of the things I've very much appreciated about the Hook storyline is that he was a bad guy, he was treated like a bad guy, and even after he's changed sides, there hasn't been an instatrust--and Hook didn't seem to expect them to blindly trust him.  That's just realistic, and should have carried over to certain other reformed (for certain qualities of reformed) characters, too.

I know some have been annoyed at the Charmings not trusting him, but that actually makes a lot of sense.  The viewers probably have a better idea of his sincerity, but Emma's family and friends shouldn't have blind trust in him;  less than 18 months ago, he was trying to kill someone and had no problem with them being collateral damage.

(And while I'm enjoying the current Hook/Emma storyline, I would very much appreciate it if Hook got a little of his sass back.  He doesn't have to be a bad guy to be sarcastic and snarky.)

• Love 2
(And while I'm enjoying the current Hook/Emma storyline, I would very much appreciate it if Hook got a little of his sass back.  He doesn't have to be a bad guy to be sarcastic and snarky.)

Kill them all one by one.  that's what I would do.

Me: never change!

• Love 5

I know some have been annoyed at the Charmings not trusting him, but that actually makes a lot of sense.  

It does make sense, realistically. But it comes off as annoying and contrived instead, because at the same time, they're all, "Poor Regina! You're such a good person and friend, Regina! What can we do for you, Regina? Did you sniffle, Regina? Do you want us to make you some chicken soup, Regina?"

• Love 1

There's a fanfic waiting to happen in an AU where Hook didn't go to Neverland with Emma and what happened then, but I don't think it would be anything good for Hook. I think he would have done exactly what he did in the Missing Year.

There is. I've read it. :) (Can't remember the name off-hand, though.)

Ask, and you shall receive...

• Love 3

It does make sense, realistically. But it comes off as annoying and contrived instead, because at the same time, they're all, "Poor Regina! You're such a good person and friend, Regina! What can we do for you, Regina? Did you sniffle, Regina? Do you want us to make you some chicken soup, Regina?"

I know;  the Regina treatment can make me a little rabid.   (And then I fanwank in my head that they're treating her with extra special kid gloves because she's had all of them under a memory spell and it altered that part of their brain. And then I fast forward her scenes.)

But I do truly appreciate that in this one instance, they're doing it right.  He's switched sides.  They're tentatively forming relationships with him. 

lol I love everyone reminiscing about their season 2 Hook hate because of my post. All I was trying to do was cheer up Zuleikha about the current Regina hate here. But, since I started it, I guess I should offer up my season 2 stance, too.

I was one of those 5 people on the board that cheered for Hook from his intro. The show wasn't so defined by black and white 'heroes' and 'villains' at that point, just people making choices, so I couldn't just jump on the 'omg he's so awful' train. I didn't even really hate Regina at that point. Also, he was part of my favourite story arc that season. The Belle/Rumpel/Milah/Hook/Emma/Neal episodes were pretty much all I cared about, and it was mostly wrapped up at the same time the show started to deteriorate. I almost quit the show, and then the finale had Hook/Neal so I was sucked back in. (As an aside, I thought Talahassee was playing up the CS endgame too hard, that I half-heartedly anti-shipped it until a couple episodes later, when the characters had time to breathe away from each other, not because I thought it was skeezy or anything. The forced 'you must like this ship and like it now' is why I'm also still anti-OQ.)

• Love 1

I was a loyal but casual viewer from the premiere. When Hook came on, I thought he was hot and I enjoyed the character -- I didn't hate any characters then. I didn't have any shipping thoughts, because I had sworn off shipping seven years previously after one too many ship traumas. I had no clue that Colin had broken his leg and that's why Hook was missing for so many eps. It was more a vague, "What the hell happened to Hook? Is he just off the show now?" (I was a casual enough viewer that I couldn't even be bothered to do a quick Google search.)

At some point early in Season 3 I saw the spoiler about somebody in the main cast dying, and the article zeroed in on it being either Hook, Neal or Belle. And I suddenly realized that I very much did NOT want it to be Hook. I was worried about it in the back of my head all the way until Neal died. Again, casual enough that I didn't bother Googling for spoilers. 

As a corollary, My heart wanted to start shipping Captain Swan in early S3, but I wouldn't let it. Between the death spoiler and the specter of a Hook/Emma/Neal triangle (I LOATHE triangles), I was like, "Nope, not going there." Then Neal died, and I immediately fell off the ship wagon hard.

(edited)

Ah the Neverland kiss... Or rather, the EW clip of the Neverland kiss. That was the moment I fell hard and fast on board the CS ship.

I always liked Hook, but Regina's flip flopping in S2 had got me too wary to root for any "villain" to stay on the redemption wagon for long. But I feel that they've done a good job overall with Hook's redemption arc (aside from the idiot ball he held over a lot of 4A). He's my favorite character in the show as of now.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

It was "Good Form" that really turned me around, when I'd been resisting. I'm very much sick of the woobified bad boy with a heart of gold type that Hook initially seemed to be, though I did start warming to him near the end of season 2 when he was saying all the things about revenge that I'd been wanting to hear Regina say -- he may beat her in amount of time sticking to revenge, but she has him beat in scope -- and then there was early in season 3 when he started being rather amusing, like his line about fancying Emma when she wasn't yelling at him when she was giving the standard team leader "we may not like each other but we have to work together" speech.

But then we found out that he had been the rather nerdy and very upright naval officer, and while I hate the woobified bad boy with a heart of gold, the good man who's wounded, falls, and then finds his way up again is catnip for me when it's done well, and I think they did very well with him. It still boggles me how they've handled his story so well and totally botched doing the same story with Regina. I don't totally mind that Emma's parents are a bit resistant to him if you take it out of context. It only gets eyeroll inducing when they're totally okay with Neal and completely accept Regina's "redemption." But it is starting to get old that David is still being kind of a jerk. After he's jumped through so many portals on her behalf and saved David's life and David has seen how they are together, he can shut the hell up about whether or not Hook is good for her (I love David, but that's getting stale).

• Love 1

I loved Hook at first sight. He is just my type. I totally saw what they were doing with Tallahassee and started passively shipping and lurking on TWOP until the promo photo of the kiss. Signed up on TWOP and Tumblr that week and started shipping hard. Amazing the chemistry in those two or three still photos of Emma holding his lapel and leaning her forehead against Hook's. Hook looked so wrecked in those photos.

• Love 2

I don't totally mind that Emma's parents are a bit resistant to him if you take it out of context. It only gets eyeroll inducing when they're totally okay with Neal and completely accept Regina's "redemption." But it is starting to get old that David is still being kind of a jerk. After he's jumped through so many portals on her behalf and saved David's life and David has seen how they are together, he can shut the hell up about whether or not Hook is good for her (I love David, but that's getting stale).

Yep. It's ridiculous when they are all on the Regina is wonderful and our friend and there's totally nothing to worry about bandwagon, but Hook, who is so utterly and completely devoted to Emma it's not even funny, gets all these side eyes and commentary that perhaps Ursula's turned him. The man traded his ship so that he could see Emma again, he's not likely to ditch her to run off with the sea witch. Whatever, David. I find protective Daddy!Charming scenes to be annoying too. Emma's a grown woman and she's quite capable of taking care of herself. She doesn't need David doing things behind the scenes that make Hook uncomfortable or feel even more unworthy of Emma. I could get past it the first time or two, but we're done with that now. It's not cute anymore, it's just rude.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's not cute anymore, it's just rude.

And pretty self-righteous and hypocritical, considering his own past and recent history when it comes to Emma. Heck, even discounting the babynapping and gaslighting, Hook cares more for Emma than he and Snow do, considering they mostly treat her like a niece they are fond of and like having around.

Edited by Rumsy4

I was quite indifferent to Hook as a character in season 2 (not to Colin's pretty face, though), but I was pretty indefferent to season 2 as a whole (I almost stopped watching a couple of times). The season 2 finale made want to see more of him, and then season 3A happened. He became my favourite character (his redemption is the only one that have been well-written, probably because they planned to redeem him since the beginning) and I started to ship Captain Swan, and the rest is history.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yep. It's ridiculous when they are all on the Regina is wonderful and our friend and there's totally nothing to worry about bandwagon, but Hook, who is so utterly and completely devoted to Emma it's not even funny, gets all these side eyes and commentary that perhaps Ursula's turned him. The man traded his ship so that he could see Emma again, he's not likely to ditch her to run off with the sea witch. Whatever, David. I find protective Daddy!Charming scenes to be annoying too. Emma's a grown woman and she's quite capable of taking care of herself. She doesn't need David doing things behind the scenes that make Hook uncomfortable or feel even more unworthy of Emma. I could get past it the first time or two, but we're done with that now. It's not cute anymore, it's just rude.

Side eyeing someone who is dating your daughter and has a bit of a, hmm. colorful past is one thing.  My father and brother side eyed my husband (and he does not have a colorful past) a for a bit when we started dating and it's annoying, but understandable.

I just find it to be a bit hypocritical now though.  Aside from Emma, the person Hook has spent the most time with is David.  And it was one thing not to trust him in Neverland because yes, he came back to help them, but he had also left them stranded and no, they didn't really know where his loyalties would lie at first, but David saw it clear as day that Hook was doing his damnest with the rest of them.  I think one of the things that bugged me was his line about how Hook wasn't there out of any sense of nobility, he was there because of Emma.  Yeah, and?  And what if that's the reason, what are you bitching about?  He's there with his ship helping you find Henry.  He got you through the jungle for one thing and that was before he saved David's life and before his told his secret in the Echo Cave and before he got his shadow nearly ripped from him in the Dark Hallow. 

It's like when David decided no to tell Snow that he was dying, but really what he wanted was to die a fucking hero.

And even his comment in the Apprentice was sort of out of place after Emma came back from her date.  "I guess he really has changed"

Really, David?  You sort of suck a lot, sometimes.

I was unspoiled during the second season, so I had no clue what was going on.  But when Hook went missing, I was just sad because I really loved Colin's on screen presence.  I honestly think that it makes a huge difference when he's there in a scene.  Hook wasn't the most rootable character, but whenever they exposed the rawness of his pain over Milah, I'd be like yeah, revenge is not great and he is a bit of an idiot and so ineffective, but how can I just overlook how heart broken and how broken he is?  I thought one of the best scenes he had was with Belle when he explains why he didn't destroy the shawl and goes in details over what Rumple did to Milah.  It was a really great scene.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

David isn't always very logical. Looking at Good Form when Hook offered him a way to save his life he said taking them off task would be selfish. Dying on Emma and MM when he had a way to avoid dying would be far more selfish. He had to throw a dig in at Hook with the selfish line too. He totally deserved the bugger off he got for that comment.

• Love 1