Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

Okay, is it just me, or did Hook actually have more screen time and more important things to do with the plot during 2B when Colin broke his fucking leg and they had to purposely write him out for a bit? So what are the writers' excuse for his combined total screen time of 1:30 in the past three episodes? I...just...I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

• Love 5

In the twisted mind of the writers, it makes sense. Hook makes Emma happy, he loves her and supports her, and he has gone through something similar (seeking revenge, going dark). He is the best one to help Emma overcome this. But they don't want her to overcome it, so Hook needs to be out of the picture. But they don't want to break CS or kill him off. Their solution: hiding him.

Edited by RadioGirl27

But what about scenes that show him taking Henry out sailing? Or why couldn't we have had a quick look at what he and Henry were doing while Emma and Regina were gone and Snow and Charming went off to talk to Mal?

I know, I know... TS;TW.

Edit: And for those of you who need your Colin/Hook fix because the show has forgotten he's a regular cast member, voting for The Final 4 is open.

Edited by Curio
David was all on the Hook is going evil train a few episodes ago, so I put zero faith in David as far as helping out Hook.

I wouldn't imagine him actually trying to help Hook because he gives a damn what happens to Hook, but a round of, "I guess you didn't change, you're still a dark, evil villain and I'm glad my daughter is away from you right now," might work as a wake-up call and provide some accountability. At the very least, Hook is stubborn and contrary enough to want to make David eat his words and show him that he's not dark. It seems like his crew in his pirate days were enablers and not only did he have nothing to live for, but he also had nobody to call him out on his bad decisions.

Making abstraction of Henry because he and Emma barely have any scenes together unless the show wants her to kill someone to save him, the only person Emma genuinely smiles at and doesn't look stressed around is Hook, so clearly, he is the one helping keep her on her path and away from the darkness after the fuckery Snowing have wrought on her as much as she is keeping him on his path.

When was the last time Emma smiled?  I've been thinking about it and I think it's back in Poor Unfortunate Soul when Hook brought Ursula's happy ending and she was so proud of him.  I can't remember anything in between (there was that sort of smile when she said he shouldn't be jealous of August).  

Hook will not ask himself what would a hero do to save Emma from darkness or whatever.  Snowing can get off their sanctimonious high horses.

• Love 2
he had some decent power in the upper register rather than doing a thin falsetto. It's hard to judge on cell phone video, though, because I doubt the acoustics were right to capture the real sound mix. From what I heard, I'd be curious to hear what he could really do in a quieter environment with a different kind of music

Here's his cover of "All Along the Watchtower"

Decent power in the upper register, still a bit pitchy.

I think that if he got cast in a musical that required serious singing, he'd do a great job with some vocal coaching.

I would love that! It doesn't seem to be his style, though.

He can totally play Thomas from The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls if/when it becomes a real musical and isn't Emilie Autumn

. Although, as in everywhere,

Colin is in the final of the E! Alpha Male contest. His Fan Favorites panel potential bro Sam Heughan will be VERY tough to beat. The official Outlander Twitter has been promoting this contest, and Outlander doesn’t have the same rabid anti factions that Once does. The final should go up tomorrow morning Eastern.

• Love 6

I know it's a petty poll, but now that he's officially made the final two, damn it do I want him to win! Even if it's just for the sake of getting his name out there a little more, and a random Internet surfer sees him on the E! site and says, "Who is that guy?", and then proceeds to imdb him, and then watches a clip of him on Youtube, and then they decide to check the show out, and then they officially become another #Hooker.

(And this is really stupid, but the lack of screen time he's had for the past three episodes most of 4B is totally unacceptable, so him winning this poll will somehow help to balance out that injustice...somehow.)

• Love 6

This was the best possible outcome for the final round, imo. I'll be hoping Colin can win it, but I still think getting this far will do nothing but good things for him. And hats off to Sam if he gets it. Outlander is a fantastic show.

I thought I saw Adam had tweeted out the link asking folks to vote? Colin had retweeted it with his standard "cheers."

• Love 1

I think all those rabid SQ fans (not all SQ fans just the rabid ones) were successful in their anti Hook campaign. The once Upon a Hook was completely baseless. Hook did not have that much scene time to begin with. His screen time is mostly upped by his centrics but otherwise he's been sparingly used even in the Neverland arc which should have been Hook heavy as it is his origin story. Really it should be once upon Regina. I like Regina but am tired how she has to be shoehorned into every story. It is lessening her impact.

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 1

I had no intention of voting and now I'm going to have to just because of those tweets.  Is it too much to I don't know think that those two idiots are sitting in front of their laptops voting for themselves right now?  No, they're probably, hey honey, wanna go for a walk on the beach, let those suckers who read those tweets do all the work.

I was thinking about posting about this to Facebook and Twitter, but then I remembered that I currently know more people who are rabid Outlander fans (and then there's Diana Gabaldon herself) than I do Once Upon a Time fans (most people I know in real life gave it up in late season 2 because they hated Regina and they hated Snow being wimpified). So it probably wouldn't help the cause.

These two guys need to have some sort of bet where the loser wears the winner's outfit. Colin wins, we win. Colin loses, he wears a kilt, we also win.

Souris, that could have a negative effect where the Colin fans purposely don't vote just so they can see him in a kilt.

Wait a second...that's genius. Someone, quick. Tweet this idea out into the world and make it happen!

Edit: Oh, snap! Kristin has officially taken the idea and ran with it. If they actually agree to this, I might stop teasing Kristin and E! for a bit.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

OK....clearly I'm going to have to step up my voting game :). I'm such a sucker, but it's fun. The tweets are too adorable for me to resist.

I request that they BOTH dress up as each other regardless of the outcome. Everybody wins no matter who wins.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1

The Outlander crowd are a bunch of tough cookies, that's for sure! I might have to pull an all-nighter/half-nighter/quarter-nighter??

The last time I checked in on the poll Sam was at 61%ish and was slowly, slowly down and Colin was at 39%ish. Now it seems like Sam's gone a bit up again.

These two are continuing to be adorable.

• Love 2

It doesn't make any sense. I think the final vote in the E! polls must be rigged. I could understand if Colin didn't win, but the margin is out of bounds.

• Love 1

Lots of people must want to see Colin in a kilt!

Kidding aside, I would try to not get disheartened. This happened last time and a lot of the voters just gave up, which only hurt the numbers. All we can do is try our best and make Colin proud. We're not even a full two days in! Heck, I'd be pretty happy if we could at least get Colin in the 40% range and hold it there.

I'm off to vote!

• Love 1

Yeah, there's something fishy going on. Even Bob put up a better fight against Sam, and he hardly has the fanbase Colin does. I know Outlander and his character is popular, but not that much more popular than Hook's fanbase.

Ah, well. I'm still hoping the guys agree to the costume swap. If they do, then I'll gladly take second place. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

I feel like Bob's fandom and Sam's fandom are much more united than ours though, which helps a lot. And people really like Outlander.

Also, while there are definitely people working their tails off voting nonstop, I think a lot of us are being very casual and relaxed about this poll. Like people have said, we win either way (because many of the voters like both and if the wardrobe swap comes true.) for the most part. Maybe the idea of Colin in a kilt is causing people to vote for Sam. I don't know. It doesn't really bother me.

I do hope we can rally and at least get Colin to 40% though.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, I also think many of us got burned after the last E! poll so we're just taking this all in stride now. Get some voting done, but yea, I think we've all pretty much assumed these things are rigged. I wouldn't be surprised if the winner "wins" based on which studio budgets some ad spending for things like this. Still voting for Colin though and I love this little bromance developing between him and Sam. And really, we are all winners here.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 2

I saw a screencap of a nasty tweet about the poll which namecalled Adam and Colin, which shocked me (even if I ought to be used to this by now). So, who knows. Maybe the anti-s are voting against Colin. I would think no one would have the energy to bother! Ugh... At least we win in either case.

I think we've all pretty much assumed these things are rigged. I wouldn't be surprised if the winner "wins" based on which studio budgets some ad spending for things like this.

Well, considering E!'s website is pimping out the Outlander stars in this E! sponsored photoshoot, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kristin use some cherry-picked quotes from that photoshoot for the final #AlphaMale article she'll eventually write when Sam wins.

Speaking of awesome photoshoots, why doesn't the Once cast get to do cool photoshoots like that? Is it too much to ask for a photoshoot like that one with Sam and Cait but with Colin and Jen? (Okay, yes. Too much to ask for. But a TV Junkie can dream.)

Once and Outlander are not the same caliber shows for one thing (that cover is very hot).  I haven't watched Outlander yet because I have never been able to get in the books which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.  But there's a high level of pretty on there, so I'm kind of torn and may let my shallow self indulge in that.

That being said, since both men will be at ComiCon in SD, they should do their panels in each others' costumes.  I think that would be really cool.

• Love 2

On the other hand, Outlander is on a premium network that isn't entirely widely available, while Once is on a major national network you can even get without cable. I'd be curious about the actual viewer numbers. I read the first Outlander book around the time it came out, and I have an autographed copy of the second one that I still haven't read. I did the local PR for Diana Gabaldon's booksigning to launch the second book, which is how I know her. But I haven't seen the show. It looks a little too steamy for my comfort level.

Anyway, win or lose, the fact that Colin is getting this kind of attention, even just making it to the top two, should be kind of a sign to the writers. You'd think. That's why voting against him at this point is silly. It's not like it's going to be a case of "Gee, he's only the second hottest guy on television, so I guess we'll write him off the show."

Ha! Well, it definitely is nice that he's getting this kind of attention as well as Captain Swan so we'll have to see where this leads.

I think because of the ensemble nature of the show, they do more actor-specific shoots than putting them together, which does kind of suck. But did you look at those E! pictures? There's one in there of Sam wearing a modern Hook get-up, which is pretty easy on the eyes. I hope it's a sign of what we can expect when he loses to Colin, but you know, whatever. :)

Colin also made it the furthest out of the ABC men, so there's that too. Way to represent the network Colin!

Also, if we lose we can just blame it on people really wanting to see Colin in a kilt. ;)

• Love 2
(edited)

Something is off in the mobile voting site even though they claim to have fixed it. Or the poll outcome is predetermined. Colin's name doesn't even show up. “Questionname????” 

tumblr_nnon32LcjF1s4ihujo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Rumsy4

^ if that's the case then none of my votes have counted. I thought the percent didn't show up for Colin because the name of the show plus his name took too much space up in the purple boxes for it to show up.

(edited)

We're 50% away from the dream, you guys! 

And no, I don't mean the vote total. I mean Sam Heughan has agreed to the bet! Come on Colin, the Internet needs this.

@KristinDSantos @colinodonoghue1 I'll dress as a pirate. AND walk the plank…
Not sure Colin can take wearing a dress though… ?
Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

We're 50% away from the dream, you guys!

And no, I don't mean the vote total. I mean Sam Heughan has agreed to the bet! Come on Colin, the Internet needs this.

This is the best competition ever!

• Love 1