Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: The Offer

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

A line from the AV Club review that made me laugh...

•I kind of hope that Malcolm settles into a new role as Oliver’s perpetually bloodied wacky roommate. Should be fun!

• Love 6

So...anyone else think Ra's should have rethought his "tell everyone what you saw" plan?  Because IMHO that guy would be telling everyone he was attacked by someone impersonating the Arrow, because the guy who shot his friends sounded less like a growly Christian Bale impersonator and more like a bored Australian.

My only other major gripe with this episode is that I have no clue what Oliver is thinking in regards to Merlyn?  If Oliver truly believes his fight with Ra's is over...then why does he need him any longer?  Have Diggle's wife ship him off to Argus or something to heal?  Hell even keeping him in the arrow cave in Nyssa's cage (with a few dozen motion sensor weapons trained on him preferably) would be better than leaving him alone unguarded to mentally torture poor Thea until he inevitably runs away to kill more people and otherwise upends Oliver's life in the near future...makes no sense.

Okay, so where the hell is Nanda Parbat?  I mean people get back and forth from that place faster than I can get through the drive thru at Dunkin' Donuts in the morning.
Yeah....in the comics it is in Tibet.  So assuming Starling City is a Seattle stand-in that should take about a roughly 13 hour flight on a jet.  So clearly Nanda Parbat in the Arrowverse is either located somewhere in the western US...or it is a magic teleporting mountain. Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 3

My love for Katrina Law knows no ends. She is seriously so beautiful, I think if I saw her in person, my face would melt, Indiana Jones style. Plus she is super talented, which makes her even more beautiful. She just needs to either be on this show more, or get on a spin-off, ASAP.

Damn you Arrow. Just when I think I`m out, they pull me back in. My shipper heart soars again! The horribly brooding was kept to a minimum! Its amazing! Much re-watch! 

Can I sit next to you on the Katrina Law love train. Like seriously she was so damn good tonight. I really hope that if she's not made a regular next season that they put her on the Arrow/Flash crossover show. 

• Love 6

Can I sit next to you on the Katrina Law love train. Like seriously she was so damn good tonight. I really hope that if she's not made a regular next season that they put her on the Arrow/Flash crossover show. 

Seriously though, she was fantastic in every scene.  All those little expressions that spoke louder than anything.  I fear if they keep as a regular on Arrow though that they'll just end up killing her off. 

• Love 2

Tonight's episode proved that this show can be so good when they let the characters talk to each other and when the writers honor the relationships we've spent two and a half years watching. Seeing Oliver have actual conversations and listen to Diggle and Felicity made my heart sing. I would forgive this show so many sins if we could get more of that.

The only thing I didn't like is that Murmur was a near non-entity. The villain/crime of the week stuff was pretty forgettable. But other than that, I enjoyed almost everything. I even liked Nyssa and Laurel (mostly because Katrina Law is a miracle worker).

I will go to bed tonight praying that this is the start of a trend and not an outlier episode for the rest of the season.

• Love 15

This place feels like the Ewok party scene at the end of Return of the Jedi. I guess that's what happens when  you lower expectations, and then give people the kind of episode that made the passionate about the show in the first place.

Will Katrina Law make KC/LL better?  I'd be all in favor of a Nyssa/Laurel friendship if only it weren't yet one more thing she's taking from Sara.

I can't decide if Oliver is so desperate that he finally broke down and talked to Felicity or if now that she's officially off the table he feels he can once again talk to her.  A mix of both probably.  Honestly, I was just so gratified to have a taste of old school Oliver and Felicity I don't really want to question why now we have it (but obviously my brain won't turn off even when I want it to.)

Knowing Oliver this season, it's because she's off the table. But I live in hope.

• Love 3

I don't understand what's happening. Oliver and Felicity are talking without so much bitterness involved and he's actually listening. Is this real life? 

Everyone's comments about how tonight felt like a season 2 episode made me realize that it was because they mirrored a lot of the beats from a season 2 episode-- "Time of Death", not coincidentally last year's post-lunge episode. We've got Oliver doubting his worth to the team/mission, a Diggle pep talk, Oliver seeing Felicity/Ray flirting, and Felicity reassuring Oliver of his place in her life even though she has a new boyfriend. There's even Lance family drama in the B-story and Felicity rushing off to be with Ray right after her "You'll always be my guy" scene with Oliver. 

Tonight was a much better episode than "Time of Death", I'll give them that. But the parallels are amusing, given how this season feels like it's re-doing a lot of past scenes.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

Still in disbelief about the offer, and those scenes between Oliver and Ra's might have been the low point of the season for me. There has been some very dumb stuff this season, but those scenes just made me eyes glaze over. I would have cheered when they left Nanda Parbat if I was someone who did that type of thing, but I'm not.

Matt Nable is still not doing it for me as Ra's. I'm not feeling quiet, thoughtful menace; I'm only getting guy who's boring me and might be good to listen to on nights I can't sleep. I also still think Ra's rationale for choosing Oliver is nonsensical at best and supremely stupid at worst. 

I loved, loved, loved Nyssa taking out Roy and Laurel like a boss. Why can't we keep her around? 

People were talking on another thread about how great it is to watch a show without shipping, and it's so true. I ship no one on The Flash and it's such fun to watch without getting all caught up. But dammit if I can't quit Olicity. These two idiots are going to be the death of me. I want more talking and unintentional flirty flirt because they just can't stop themselves. Stupid show.

People keep complaining about OG Team Arrow being gone and that's because it works so well. Digg and Oliver's conversation was great. I don't understand why we can't have more than that. 

Skipping these last handful of episodes has taught me that absence has not made me fonder for Laurel so I'll just state that, like Lucille Bluth, I don't care for her. It is what it is, though, and I have a ff button I can use. 

So now that I know this show can be good again, why isn't it? I'm still gun shy, though. I've been burned before. 

• Love 7

Oh, Ray's in this? Ugh.

I'm saving up all this Olicity goodness because I know it's not gonna last. But really, this was so needed. I was thirsty for it like woah and it was all so rooted in emotion and friendship. I've missed it so much.

Edited by Guest

I'm so emotional after that episode. I just...where do I start my thanks giving?

I remembered why I love Oliver Queen. Thank you show, I am very grateful. The way Felicity jumped away from Ray like he was a hot pocket when Oliver came in, thank you show. Oliver remembering why he does what he does, without being broody, but being light. Thank you show. Dig telling Felicity about Oliver possibly taking that insane, evil job offer. Big up OG team Arrow, thank you show.

Thea being a bamf in this episode, to the point where I was in tears at her pain. Thank you show. Laurel and Nyssa making all kinds of sense and allowing me to sympathise with Laurel when she talked to Quentin. Thank you show.

Ray being a non-entity. Thank you so much show. (No but seriously why is he here? The amount of surface level between he and Felicity is astonishing. I love it.)

Ra's Al Ghul us a rat b*****d. The lengths that man goes to. No means no!

Just when I give up, I am reeled in and now I certainly have to watch Dyla and the Suicide Squad next week.

ETA: Felicity touching Oliver and flirting like Ray doesn't exist. Thank you show.

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 6

Fantastic episode!  It was like opposite day for Oliver's decision-making - I totally thought he was going to accept and not tell anyone until he went through the magic portal to Nanda Parbat (clearly, that's how Nyssa, Maseo and Ra's were commuting to Starling this week).

I thought the opening  scene worked well  - there were some pros for taking the offer, at least from Oliver's perspective at that point in time (thankfully argued against by the team), and they got to highlight the Lazarus Pit that will have absolutely no bearing on the season going forward.  But I think Ra's expected Oliver to decline.  The whole "your city will turn against you and you will be alone" stuff was just to set up his real recruiting plan - part one starting at the end of the episode and part two of probably something Felicity-oriented down the road (she in particular demonstrated her influence with Oliver tonight).  Maseo did say Ra's had already written the story after all.   

"Just because Lance is pissed and Felicity is momentarily distracted" Hee! No one buys this Raylicity romance.

Diggle is right, as always.  Saving Ray's contact information as "R. Palmer" screams long-term romance to me, Felicity!  That made me laugh almost as much as Thea's "I'm going to get soup for my evil dad". 

• Love 8

Seriously, with the flirty flirt Felicity? I am really not seeing how she's going to be conflicted here. All I'm getting is if Oliver threw is hat in the ring, she'd be like "Laters Ray!" What. I don't. How. 

And she got all close and spoke all softly to him and touched him and he couldn't even handle it, like he had to move away because it was all too much for him after distance for so long. What are these two doing? They are gone for each other. 

Also, also, Nyssa. Can we keep her? Sigh. I know we can't because she's better than Laurel and that's not allowed. But seriously, she's awesome. I hope she destroys her father because he deserves it.

Also, also, Nyssa. Can we keep her? Sigh. I know we can't because she's better than Laurel and that's not allowed. But seriously, she's awesome. I hope she destroys her father because he deserves it.

I want to keep her and I really, really, REALLY need her to slap Laurel in the face with the reality that her fighting at this point isn't shit and teach her how to do it if she's going to be buckling up week after week. I get that she's the "reckless" one, but she is way too cocky for her skill level with the "when are you going to stop telling me I need training," and the "why do I get the idea that was your version of a compliment." Please learn. Then talk. Or don't talk, preferably. 

• Love 7

Oh yes Nyssa needs to stay. Please please please can we keep her. She was wonderful in that final scene with Laurel.

Seeing as Ra's is impersonating Oliver now, I'm calling him Ra's Arrow Ghul.

• Love 8

Lol, if Felicity is like this when she's with another man, I'm gonna die when she's actually with Oliver.

I'm so sorry my comments are all about them but think I'm high on Olicity fumes. Somebody catch me.

I want to keep her and I really, really, REALLY need her to slap Laurel in the face with the reality that her fighting at this point isn't shit and teach her how to do it if she's going to be buckling up week after week. I get that she's the "reckless" one, but she is way too cocky for her skill level with the "when are you going to stop telling me I need training," and the "why do I get the idea that was your version of a compliment." Please learn. Then talk. Or don't talk, preferably. 

Laurel needs a HUGE reality check. She is just so damn smug and has no reason to be yet. I'm not saying that to be mean about Laurel, I'm just straight up stating facts. You can't be cocky in this game because that risks lives. I still can't believe they're actually letting her out with the team when she's a liability. 

So yeah, Nyssa seems like the one for the job. I understand it now. She could keep her in line.

Edited by Guest

Tbh the writers are allowing Laurel's head to grow. Nyssa is impressed by Laurel? Eh. Felicity actually telling Laurel to go out and fight? Dig not stopping the madness? These two in particular shouldn't encourage her because they see how hard being a vigilante is.

Oliver is the only one who isn't complimenting her lack of skill. People are cheering her on. And even he is still working with her (OK fine it's because she won't leave the foundry).

Then again, Laurel is so stubborn even getting beaten up doesn't stop her. Does she train? We haven't seen it happen since Teddy bear.

• Love 3

I love Nyssa and Katrina Law so much. Every scene of hers was on point and I even enjoyed her moments with Laurel. I think I can get behind a friendship with these 2. If I have to see Laurel training, I would rather see a girl power storyline over another cliched romance, anyway.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 9

Wow, tonight's episode proved literally every thing Oliver's done to protect Thea since The Climb was a waste of time. Worse, it proves I wasted my time watching him do it. I'm so conflicted right now, because while the Arrow's return to watchability is a good sign, I also feel like I've been jerked around by endless episodes of utter pointlessness that never should have aired in the first place.

• Love 15

Seeing as Ra's is impersonating Oliver now, I'm calling him Ra's Arrow Ghul.

For the win. 

So yeah, Nyssa seems like the one for the job. I understand it now. She could keep her in line.

It's funny, I rewatched the Nyssa/Laurel scene and Laurel is just as acerbic as always but for some reason Nyssa made me not mind so much.  Maybe because Nyssa is used to so much worse?  Maybe because for the chance to be close to someone that let her remember Sara, she didn't even notice the "tone"?  She is an assassin, she's probably used to getting attitude, lol. 

In some ways I feel like I'm about to repeat an old analogy that I used to make between Laurel and Sara, that despite Nyssa being the trained assassin, I found her more open and vulnerable than Laurel.  Still, because what Nyssa emotionally needs now is something that Laurel can give her, their connection works.  Back when Nyssa stopped by the gym and gave her compliments it didn't work but now that Nyssa is flailing without family or purpose, it does.  Not only works, but works remarkably well. 

• Love 6

I will admit that the Laurel and Nyssa scene wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Katrina Law and Nyssa is a gift. However, they have to stop with the instant admiration around Laurel. It kills any scene for me. You can admire gumption without taking it as fact. Felicity is cocky with her skills, but we saw the proof before the confidence. Sara came in like a badass and left no questions. She didn't brag and she didn't have too. Even Thea seems to know her limitations. 

Laurel's reckless and cocky, but that doesn't mean she is good. They have established that she isn't. I'm going to need Nyssa to drill that into her to buy this training. 

I do have to laugh though because apparently Laurel and Nyssa trended. I'm seeing two things here: she still can't trend on her own and she can have chemistry with someone as long as they aren't named SA or OQ. 

• Love 14

Will Katrina Law make KC/LL better?  I'd be all in favor of a Nyssa/Laurel friendship if only it weren't yet one more thing she's taking from Sara.

On paper Laurel getting buddy buddy with Nyssa is like fingernails on a chalkboard but somehow the  way it was done with it being about what Nyssa needs, if feels ok.  It's not Laurel being given something for no reason, it's Nyssa being able to do something that lets her feel connected to Sara and that makes it about Sara and celebrating her life rather than Laurel miraculously getting one more thing that Sara had to sacrifice everything for.  Just spelling it out still makes it a bit hard to take but the execution makes all the difference.  IMO. 

It's a huge relief that there might be Laurel scenes that I could enjoy because at the beginning of the episode when Oliver first comes in I was REALLY not enjoying the vibe Laurel in the cave was creating.  That might not change, but give her a space where she works and that's one less problem on Arrow and that's a win for everyone IMO. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Katrina Law and Nyssa is a gift. However, they have to stop with the instant admiration around Laurel

Lol.  I viewed Nyssa's comment about Laurel being competent as Nyssa's trying to be civil.   Laurel decided it was a complement, but I saw it as more of a social exaggeration Nyssa was using in her attempt to be nice.  She was rather quick to point out Laurel could use training so I didn't feel like this was a case of instant admiration, not like that scene in the gym months ago.  I did not enjoy that one.   

If Nyssa training Laurel keeps her out of the Foundry, I can be converted. IMO Laurel doesn't work with Team Arrow. Since they won't cut the BC/LL storyline lose the second best option, is to give Laurel her own training space and pop in whenever they need a hand. She doesn't have a teamwork personality; too Type A/Driver.

Lol.  I viewed Nyssa's comment about Laurel being competent as Nyssa's trying to be civil.   Laurel decided it was a complement, but I saw it as more of a social exaggeration Nyssa was using in her attempt to be nice.  She was rather quick to point out Laurel could use training so I didn't feel like this was a case of instant admiration, not like that scene in the gym months ago.  I did not enjoy that one.   

It's the whole: 'You need a lot of training because you actually really suck, but I'm just going to make a little comment and let you continue even though you might die or worse kill someone because you got a lot of heart and I admire that.' 

ETA: So its good that she is actually getting training, but I need someone to tell her she a liability and her to acknowledge it.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

OK so I know Ray hate from me can be astronomical, but when Felicity said "you can do that?" Concerning sowing someone's mouth shut, I immediately thought do it to Ray. He'd be perfect if he didn't talk.

Tired of Oliver's big emotional/vulnerable scenes seemingly only happening with Felicity. 

Of course Oliver's talks with Thea and DIggle were short while Felicity had two somewhat long ones. 

Of course. 

Wow, that was unexpected.  I actually enjoyed this episode a good bit.

Nice fake-out, show.  I really thought we were going for another round of Ollie keeping things a secret from everyone, and being a mopey dick.  But, nope: he already tells Diggle about Ra's offer, Diggle wisely tells Felicity (because, really: the man knows she is the best shot at talking him down), and gasp!  They actually have a mature, if somewhat heated conversation!  Yay, show!  I knew you could do it.  And, then Ollie admits he was wrong and thanks Felicity!  And that leads to plenty of Ollie/Felicity stuff, that just makes hilariously more obvious that Ray doesn't have a shot.  Enjoy it while you can, buddy.  In the end, you ain't nothing but lame Iron Man rip-off.  I love that Diggle was basically like "Dude, he's totally a placeholder.  Just get your shit together."  Diggle really sees all.

They might have done it!  Putting Laurel with Nyssa might make me like her.  I actually enjoyed their little bonding.  As long as Nyssa doesn't act like Laurel is the second coming of Sara or worse, fall for her (shudder), I'm cool with it.  But, that could just be because Nyssa is the best.  Katrina Law is just awesome.  it was almost embarrassing in the big scene with Ra's, where she completely overtook Matt Nable, without even trying.  I really hope she sticks around.  Since I suspect she has had a sheltered life, I really want to see the adventures of Nyssa trying to fit in society.  Going to a sport game.  Eating out.  Dealing with traffic.  Going out on a blind date!  Now, that's a spin-off I would watch!

I did laugh when Ollie claimed Thea's pad was the only place he would keep a wounded Malcolm, when considering he was going to release Nyssa, he could just tossed Malcolm in the cage.  I still feel like Thea is the only person making any sense out that trio, but whatever.  At least Willa Holland is doing something.

The flashback was a bit dull, until the very end. Shado?  What the hell is going on?!"

I'm glad Quentin is rightfully pissed at everyone.   He'll probably come around eventually, but for now, I'm all for him giving Team Arrow and Laurel the third-degree.

Er... did I mention that Katrina Law might be the sexiest woman on the planet?  Well, yes, but it's still worth mentioning again...

• Love 10

Tired of Oliver's big emotional/vulnerable scenes seemingly only happening with Felicity. 

Of course Oliver's talks with Thea and DIggle were short while Felicity had two somewhat long ones. 

Of course. 

Since about the second episode this season all he's done is talked to everyone but Felicity.  

I really enjoyed that once again what Oliver gets with Felicity  isn't some magic Band-Aid but Oliver feeling like he's in a safe space to stop and hear what she's saying and then really apply it to himself.   He's had massive walls this season but now in a place where he's feeling so pointless, he's willing to briefly see himself from her eyes and then actually take stock of what he's doing and see the value in it and he comes back to the Foundry so incredibly happy not because she gave him great advice but because he was able to clear out the confusion.  Felicity often acts like a filter for him.  She doesn't give him answers but helps him take a breath and find his own answers.   

That smile was about confidence and finding self worth and meaning in his life again and that was a beautiful thing. 

Also, I adored how Felicity was practically giddy that Oliver was listening to her again.  All she wants is him in her life.  She's even willing for them not to be together if that's his choice, but this was the first time (minus the lovely Flarrow crossover) where I felt like she had him back in her life again. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 23

I loved Felicity and Oliver. Diggle was on point!

I can't stand Laurel. She is just so smug about everything. Especially the scene with Nyssa. This show is horrible in terms of taking what Sara built and is just handing it over to her sister. So stupid. I don't even see Laurel the character. All I see is KC being all smug.

I am still not really a Laurel fan, but I can deal with her more if it means more Nyssa. Katrina Law needs to be in all the things. Right now.

Its possible on further thought this wont seem like such an amazing episode, that I just love it so much because its so much better than the crap we have had to deal with lately. But for now, I am flying high. Oh, and...

"You still need training"

"When are you going to stop telling me that"

"When you don't need training".

HAH!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Well it's about damn time.

I know it's been mentioned before but it bears repeating: If you like Katrina Law and don't mind rom-coms, she is adorable in Snow Bride:

And I'm drawing a blank---I know he said it to Diggle but when did Oliver tell Felicity that he just wanted her to be happy?

• Love 1

"You're competent, of course if you faced someone who's trained with the League for even a month, we'd have to blindfold the guy to make it even."

• Love 7

"You're competent, of course if you faced someone who's trained with the League for even a month, we'd have to blindfold the guy to make it even."

That and shackle his feet together and his hands behind his back.

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1

Ha, I was cracking up at how everyone is teleporting back and forth between Nanda Parbat and Starling City these days. Oliver, Diggle, and Malcolm came back to SC at the beginning of the episode, then Oliver freed Nyssa who flew back to NP to have a two minute conversation with her father only to turn around and go straight back to SC. Then Maseo hopped on the flight right after hers so he could meet with Oliver for one minute in an alleyway after which Ra's al Ghul flew to SC so he could impersonate Oliver.

So is the healing water that Ra's al Ghul used in this episode the explanation as to why he has lived for so long? Earlier in the season, I was trying to understand how he had been around for hundreds of years. Or maybe just getting the Dread Pirate Roberts title confers magical powers upon you?

I totally didn't understand why Thea's apartment was the only place for Oliver to bring Malcolm. What about Malcolm's creepy spy apartment across the street? Or the Merlyn mansion? Or a hotel? Or anywhere besides Thea's apartment?

• Love 3

Oh how I missed these two actually talking to each other. It's the strangest feeling, after who knows how long, I didn't want the episode to end. Just go on and on, I'll be here smiling and actually caring about what's happening.

And she got all close and spoke all softly to him and touched him and he couldn't even handle it, like he had to move away because it was all too much for him after distance for so long. What are these two doing? They are gone for each other. 

I noticed this, too! He was like "I might just lose it if you come any closer".

I liked the Nyssa/Laurel scenes, and the reason is that Laurel basically disappears around Nyssa.  She's that good, you just forget Laurel is there. Oh, and I haven't seen Laurel apologize to Quentin yet, so you get no sympathy from me, lady. Quentin, tho, gets all the hugs.

Thea/Thea+Roy: FTW. 

Loved Oliver's casual "Is Malcolm still alive?" LOL

tumblr_nlfqenSpXE1tt6g9yo1_500.gif

Oliver doesn't do the victory dance, but that's exactly why Diggle and Roy are disappearing, here. They're going behind the cage, to do their happy-dancing.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 7

It has been 84 years since I've been so excited to fire up the DVR and watch a new episode (couldn't watch live 'cause I got home late). I don't know if it's because this show has just been killing every single hopeful and joyful thing I love about it since the S3 premiere (save for 2 or 3 episodes that were pretty great) but man, tonight's episode was such a breath of fresh air, I don't even know what to do with myself. I was smiling and making declarations of love to my television and not once did I roll my eyes! ... Okay, the last part was a lie, I did roll my eyes twice. Once when Laurel tried to punch Nyssa (lol, great form there, Laurel) and the other when Ra's was mumbling his words during his walk and talk with Oliver. But other than that, I missed this Arrow so much!

MzPuGjT.gif

Brian Ford Sullivan co-wrote this. I think he is fast becoming my favorite in the Arrow writer's room. Out of the 3 episodes he's co-written, so far, 2 have been pretty great with lots of very in-character OG Team Arrow interactions and ranks as some of the best I've seen this season (can't really judge Uprising since I skipped that).

I couldn't get enough of the return of the wonderful Team Arrow interactions with Diggle and Oliver, Oliver and Felicity, Felicity and Diggle (though I still wish this was, actually, onscreen--it still tickled me that Diggle confided in Felicity right away that Oliver was verging on possible stupid again, though). Talking to and not at each other! And listening! And honesty! That was so awesome. I needed that. Plus, Roy being a smart and useful sidekick!

Speaking of Roy, I really love how much he has developed over the seasons. And that he has been such a wonderful wall of support for Thea, whenever she needs him. And I have always liked Thea but I have never loved her character more than I do this episode. She was golden in every scene. I love how Moira's influence continues to guide her actions now, like she told Oliver. That was an aww moment for me. Man, I miss Moira.

Nyssa is a total babe and I want to join the chorus who want to keep her. If Nyssa, and her beautiful shiny hair, has the power to make Laurel tolerable then I'm all for that friendship. I wonder if Quentin knows that Nyssa helped save the precinct. He probably hates her because she's LoA but I just want him to know that there is someone out there who truly loved Sara, is lost because of Sara's death, and is in as much pain as he is over Sara's loss.

I knew that the Lazarus Pit can't sustain Ra's anymore/isn't as effective, which is partly why he said he needed a new heir. Totally called that. But, man, I wish Nable had a little more gravitas. I felt that Ra's was more menacing when he was sitting down and chewing with his mouth open (centuries old and dude still has no manners, damn) than in every scene where he was standing (with Oliver or Nyssa) where I didn't get any intimidating vibes from him at all. It might be 'cause he looks shorter than both Oliver and Nyssa? And I feel like both SA and KL, with their commanding presence and stature, can so kick Matt Nable's ass, if only the story didn't call for Ra's to be the better fighter. Surprising reveal of Ra's as the Fake Arrow at the end, though.

By the way, Oliver's little smile when Felicity called him handsome was adorable. And also their heart eyes at each other. And also the flirting. And also the invading each other's personal space. And also every time they talked honestly with each other. Actually, ALL their scenes gave me so much life. If we can have this Oliver and Felicity, who the hell needs a Lazarus Pit?

• Love 12

And also the invading each other's personal space.

As mentioned by Angel12d and looptab, I love that it was Felicity invading HIS space, twice!, and neither time was he able to handle being so close to her.

• Love 5

Holy Crap on a Cracker...Loved it!

I felt like everyone was back. Felicity seemed to be more S1 and S2. Her talk with Oliver and her advice were made of awesome! More later but I just loved everyone this episode..

• Love 2

Like so many, I loved this episode!  Though I'm not sure how much of that enjoyment stems from finally getting some water on the parched earth of my Felicity/Oliver feelings.

I thought it was interesting that they had Felicity pull her hair up for the Arrow cave scenes when she was obviously wearing the same dress as before.  Like the red/blue dress debate, I think the wardrobe department has been making some deliberate choices with Felicity this season, though not as much as some think.  Now, all I want is to see her shift into Arrow mode... like Oliver reaching for his bow, she pulls her hair back while sitting down at her computers.

• Love 5

Arrow writers are sometimes so all over the place that I never know what to expect, which can be both good and bad. In that spirit, how none of the myriad EP's, writers or the like can look at LL's story after Sara's death and realise that it's got a very 'Single White Female' vibe to it, I just don't know. She's stolen her name, her role as a 'hero', her place on TA and literally stepped into her costume, now she's bonding with her GF. Although if it's a choice between inflicting her on Nyssa, who I can honestly see her as having the mutual love and loss of Sara with and the forced propping by new BFF's FS and Diggle, then I'm sorry Nyssa, sacrifices must be made.

• Love 2

Upon re-watch of certain scenes between two certain people, I noticed that when Oliver goes to Palmer Tech, right after Felicity says, "Oliver! Hi! What are you doing here?", Oliver almost imperceptibly narrows his eyes and shakes his head at her, followed by her saying, "I mean, it's nice to see you here." Do you think he was warning her against greeting him too familiarly in front of Ray? Expressing disapproval of her and Ray? Conveying disappointment in her? Expressing shock and surprise?

Edited by dcinmb

Okay, so where the hell is Nanda Parbat?  I mean people get back and forth from that place faster than I can get through the drive thru at Dunkin' Donuts in the morning. 

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I wish they would show flashes of all the characters on the plane ride back and forth... playing games on their phone, checking emails, what books they read... It would be funnier if it also involved several modes of transport from small villages and a long hike up the mountain.

Nyssa made a round trip from Starling City just to have a one minute conversation with her father. 

I also think Nyssa will get thrown under the Laurel bus, just as Sarah did. I feel it's the only reason she is around. 

Speaking of being around, it no longer makes sense for Malcolm Merlyn to be. Now everyone knows he killed Sarah and there is no legitimate excuse for it. It's obvious the writers just want the actor around - hence Oliver's continued inexplicable defense of Merlin.

And lately the Flashbacks don't seem to be making any sort of point or echoing what is going on in the main story. What's up with that?  

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1