Type keyword(s) to search

Spec with Spoilers: Everyone is Both Southern & Charming!

• Start Topic

Thomas referenced Saint and Kathryn's behavior while pregnant with Saint in one of the nasty series of tweets between them.  I think Saint seems like a sweet little guy, but it does seem like they've consciously put Kennsington more front & center.  I have no idea if he suffers from any effects of prenatal substance abuse, but if he does than I'm pretty disgusted with both parents.  I find it hard to believe that Thomas wouldn't know if Kathryn was using while pregnant.  And if he did know, then to hell with him for not beginning custody proceedings before Saint was born.  And to hell with Bravo for continuing to write these people pay checks.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

Thomas referenced Saint and Kathryn's behavior while pregnant with Saint in one of the nasty series of tweets between them.  I think Saint seems like a sweet little guy, but it does seem like they've consciously put Kennsington more front & center.  I have no idea if he suffers from any effects of prenatal substance abuse, but if he does than I'm pretty disgusted with both parents.  I find it hard to believe that Thomas wouldn't know if Kathryn was using while pregnant.  And if he did know, then to hell with him for not beginning custody proceedings before Saint was born.  And to hell with Bravo for continuing to write these people pay checks.

Yes! Bravo's Kathryn/Thomas Will They/Won't They Love Story Writ Large was gross before those nitwits reproduced, its even more so if production    knew the extent of KD's drug problem at any time, during, before, or after filming And yes, if Thomas knew or suspected, her drug abuse, to hell with him not just for not seeking custody from the onset, but for also continuing to have unprotected sex with someone whose judgment was clearly impaired. These two make me stabby.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

its even more so if production    knew the extent of KD's drug problem at any time, during, before, or after filming

They had to know, with the number of people around when they are filming. Bravo doesn't care about anything but $$$, and they'll use anyone to make it.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

They had to know, with the number of people around when they are filming. Bravo doesn't care about anything but $$$, and they'll use anyone to make it.

Yes, Bravo is a business and therefore out to make money.

what I can't understand is why someone like Thomas would appear on such a show, it is beyond stupid.

as far as him crying over Saint., does he also realize that his old pickled swimmers also contributed to whatever might ail Saint?

I still think the little guy  will be ok. 

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Medical knowledge and experience dealing with addicts.

Good! Then due to your expertise you certainly must be aware !

As for your Experience with Addicts..Then you understand that Addicts are suffering from a disease and need Empathy and help.

Your Medical Knowledge tells you that many , if not most addicts are Dual diagnosis and Kathryn is that. She has emotional problems that precede her addictions. Which need to be addressed during a long term serious term of inpatient treatment. And time and maturity . 28 day Malibu rehab and yoga ain't gonna cut it.  And The scorn and shaming thrown at her by folks who just want her to fail Do Not help those children . At all.

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

Addicts are suffering from a disease

Thank you for that, so many people think it's a choice. It isn't. I do believe she suffers from a mental illness as well, but it's up to her to want help. You can't force it on people.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:58 AM, Nancypants said:

Good! Then due to your expertise you certainly must be aware !

As for your Experience with Addicts..Then you understand that Addicts are suffering from a disease and need Empathy and help.

Your Medical Knowledge tells you that many , if not most addicts are Dual diagnosis and Kathryn is that. She has emotional problems that precede her addictions. Which need to be addressed during a long term serious term of inpatient treatment. And time and maturity . 28 day Malibu rehab and yoga ain't gonna cut it.  And The scorn and shaming thrown at her by folks who just want her to fail Do Not help those children . At all.

Kathryn was able to get a start on her recovery process with a 28 day in patient treatment.  There are certainly AA/NA meetings in her area she can attend as well as qualified therapists to deal with her underlying psychological issues.  I don't know if being in a hospital is going to do any more or less for her than out patient care.  A lot of this is up to her.  Lack of sufficient treatment should not be used as an excuse to just let her have her children back or that people are being mean to her.  At this point all anyone should care about are the children.  Her parental rights are really secondary because she breached them.   

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kathryn was able to get a start on her recovery process with a 28 day in patient treatment.  There are certainly AA/NA meetings in her area she can attend as well as qualified therapists to deal with her underlying psychological issues.  I don't know if being in a hospital is going to do any more or less for her than out patient care.  A lot of this is up to her.  Lack of sufficient treatment should not be used as an excuse to just let her have her children back or that people are being mean to her.  At this point all anyone should care about are the children.  Her parental rights are really secondary because she breached them.   

Honestly, a hospital is artificial sobriety. A solid outpatient or partial hospitalization program is what she needs. Also a peer recovery coach to help her get her life together.

• Love 6

I think it's likely that there will be a Season 5, so here are my wish list wants, baseless speculations and weird opinions:

1. I want Cameran to name her baby Kimberly. Kimberly Wimberly will never not be funny to me. 

2. I want a limited role for Landon. I don't get the vitriol leveled at her but I could take her or leave her. The did they/didn't they storyline with Thomas is tedious. Since Landon moved to California, I'm guessing that if she is asked back, her involvement will be minimal.

3. Very unpopular opinion: I really dislike Danni. From her shilling those ridiculous fabfitfun boxes on Instagram to her shoving her head up Kathryn's ass to her "friendships" with the Vanderpump Rules assholes including Stasi, I just don't find her particularly real. The girl has been on four seasons and has never had a talking head, most likely because she's dull. She truly adds nothing.

4.  I still want to see the footage from the Carson Kressley soirée at Patricia's. I can't for the life of me figure out why it wasn't shown at all. From the cast members' Instagram posts, it looked like a blast. 

5. I loathe Kathryn. I loathe Thomas. I especially loathe their crapfest love story. 

6. For all the talk about Landon's voice, it's Craig's that makes my eardrums rupture. Combine his voice with his poor grammar, malapropisms, and limited vocabulary for a spectacular migraine.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2017 at 0:35 PM, Babyfoot said:

I think it's likely that there will be a Season 5, so here are my wish list wants, baseless speculations and weird opinions:

1. I want Cameran to name her baby Kimberly. Kimberly Wimberly will never not be funny to me. 

2. I want a limited role for Landon. I don't get the vitriol leveled at her but I could take her or leave her. The did they/didn't they storyline with Thomas is tedious. Since Landon moved to California, I'm guessing that if she is asked back, her involvement will be minimal.

3. Very unpopular opinion: I really dislike Danni. From her shilling those ridiculous fabfitfun boxes on Instagram to her shoving her head up Kathryn's ass to her "friendships" with the Vanderpump Rules assholes including Stasi, I just don't find her particularly real. The girl has been on four seasons and has never had a talking head, most likely because she's dull. She truly adds nothing.

4.  I still want to see the footage from the Carson Kressley soirée at Patricia's. I can't for the life of me figure out why it wasn't shown at all. From the cast members' Instagram posts, it looked like a blast. 

5. I loathe Kathryn. I loathe Thomas. I especially loathe their crapfest love story. 

6. For all the talk about Landon's voice, it's Craig's that makes my eardrums rupture. Combine his voice with his poor grammar, malapropisms, and limited vocabulary for a spectacular migraine.

All good ideas.

Landon in a limited role might be an interesting path to take. I'm also neither here or there on her. But this season, it seemed like they had no choice but to make her the lead woman, because Cam is really just a narrator at this point and Kathryn was in limbo on whether she would even join Season 4 or not. And making her the lead made her insufferable and grating to most. Little doses of Landon just might be the cure to that squinting and inappropriate flirting and annoying laughing.

I was hoping they would do a deleted scenes feature of everything they cut this season, like Carson's soiree, Thomas dinner/roast, and a longer version of the Sermet's closing party. The Carson thing really doesn't make sense. I mean, why go through all that trouble of filming an elegantly organized party in the name of a celebrity where everyone is all made up and dressed up just to reduce it to Naomie/Craig's flashback of one of their fights.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 3

Is that going to mess up the custody arrangement?

If they try to live together, it won't be long before they're at each other's throats.

He should just offer to be the sugar daddy, because he can't quit Kathryn's "physicality" so he might as well pay for it, he's loaded.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scrb said:

Is that going to mess up the custody arrangement?

If they try to live together, it won't be long before they're at each other's throats.

The fucked after the reunion, they aren't together.

Any word on the Season 5 renewal? According to renewal sites, it's still TBD, Bravo still hasn't put out any official word yet. IF they will be on the same filming schedule as last year (first day of filming was around first week of September), they will be cutting it too close with getting the cast back together, contract negotiations, storyline boards, etc.

I wonder if SC is being held out a little bit for Bravo to see the reactions to Relationshep first.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

they will be cutting it too close with getting the cast back together, contract negotiations, storyline boards, etc.

Bravo doesn't always announce publically, Potomac is currently filming and no announcement has been made. 

Craig seemed to think they were coming back of course he said they were going to start filming a few weeks after the reunion. 

Most of the cast is currently in Charleston so maybe filming will start soon.

• Love 4

Yeah, Bravo is ridiculously coy about their renewals. Landon is currently back in Charleston. (Insert Law and Order donk- donk here or the Jaws shark music. Either work. Both also show my age.)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Bravo doesn't always announce publically, Potomac is currently filming and no announcement has been it. 

Craig seemed to think they were coming back of course he said they were going to start filming a few weeks after the reunion. 

Most of the cast is currently in Charleston so maybe filming will start soon.

21 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

Yeah, Bravo is ridiculously coy about their renewals. Landon is currently back in Charleston. (Insert Law and Order donk- donk here or the Jaws shark music. Either work. Both also show my age.)

Do y'all think everyone will be back?! New potential cast?!

• Love 1
On 8/22/2017 at 3:21 PM, Swim mom said:

Please let this show be canceled.  I do not want to see that little girl screaming mommy, mommy, again.

6 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I enjoy this show a lot, but agree that those children need to be protected-from the public eye, and from their parents stupid decisions. 

It amazes me sometimes how sharply perceptive Kathryn is when it comes to other people, and how she can be a mess with her own issues. There was a podcast she did with Bravo shortly after the finale ended where she was asked to give an advice about Craig/Naomie's relationship. She said if it was a relationship they see possibly ending up in marriage, that Craig/Naomie should immediately take their relationship off TV and away from public scrutiny. There's just no way to cultivate a loving and healthy relationship where everyone will dissect, say nasty things, try to take sides, etc. It's just setting everything up for failure.

That said, I think Kathryn should heed her own advice re: her issues with Thomas, and especially with her children.

• Love 4
On 8/28/2017 at 9:45 PM, biakbiak said:

I wonder if Dale Earnhardt Jr and his wife are joining the show because they having been hanging out a lot with the cast. Though this was most likely not for the show because Cam's husband was there (he is across from Austin) and Danny McBride was also present.

Craig made a joke on IG and everyone ran away with it. People will believe anything these days, LOL. I think the Earnhardts are just good friends with Shep and live nearby in NC. They have their own couple construction show coming up ala Flip or Flop or Fixer Upper.

Cam just posted that she's over 30 weeks already. I didn't realize she was that far along. I don't know how she's feeling but it's entirely possible she may end up skipping this season if she finds filming too tiring for her. Or end up in a way reduced role, maybe even to the level of second-tier cast like Jennifer or Danni. If she films some scenes before taking off for maternity leave, I suspect it would be the cast just visiting her at home.

39 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Craig made a joke on IG and everyone ran away with it. People will believe anything these days, LOL. I think the Earnhardts are just good friends with Shep and live nearby in NC. They have their own couple construction show coming up ala Flip or Flop or Fixer Upper.

I made the observation before Craig's joke because it's not just Shep he has been hanging out with he has also been to Patricia's a few times without Shep and they have been in Charleston, perhaps they are filming their TV show there.

I don't know how she's feeling but it's entirely possible she may end up skipping this season if she finds filming too tiring for her. Or end up in a way reduced role, maybe even to the level of second-tier cast like Jennifer or Danni. If she films some scenes before taking off for maternity leave, I suspect it would be the cast just visiting her at home.

No woman ever gives up a role on TV because they have a baby.  Lucille Ball went back to work when "Little Ricky" (Desi Arnaz Jr.) was only 3 weeks old.  That's what nannies are for.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

No woman ever gives up a role on TV because they have a baby.  Lucille Ball went back to work when "Little Ricky" (Desi Arnaz Jr.) was only 3 weeks old.  That's what nannies are for.  

I didn't mean after having her baby. I meant before she is due. If they follow the same schedule last year, filming is to start soon. She's due in November. As it is, she's already complaining about the humidity and how it is starting to feel hard getting around. I imagine she would ask production to accommodate her during her last weeks of pregnancy, and maybe she won't be included as much during filiming when the cast is outside partying and drinking to oblivion.

As for after having the baby, not all women feel the same about a nanny. Maybe Cam will surprise and be more hands-on. And Cam is a self-proclaimed D-List Bravolebrity, so her situation is much different from a legitimate Hollywood star.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1

As for after having the baby, not all women feel the same about a nanny. Maybe Cam will surprise and be more hands-on. And Cam is a self-proclaimed D-List Bravolebrity, so her situation is much different from a legitimate Hollywood star.

Two words:  Bethenny Frankel.  Cam can easily bring the baby to her mother's or better yet, incorporate the baby into the production.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder if Naomi and Craig broke up, she has IGstories of a bunch of gatherings and he isn't in any since the eclipse. It looks like her new house might flood as her last one showed water lapping at her porch.

I thought that was strange too. She had everyone over, parents and friends, but no Craig. Unless Craig evacuated to safer grounds. Weren't she and Craig already living together in that house?

Her real-time updates on the porta-potty situation on her IG was really funny, I thought.

• Love 1

So I saw a rumor on an IG post of a podcast a couple of weeks ago about Landon NOT returning to the show for Season 5. I didn't pay any attention to it as I didn't think it was a valid source. And if you go by last year's filming schedule, they should have already started filming, like 2 weeks ago. But I thought things just got pushed a little further out because of Hurricane Irma, and now that that has cleared up, they should be gearing up for filming.

Which is why I thought it was kind of surprising when I saw Landon's IG story a last week about flying back TO California (from Charleston) and saying something like "back at it again with Trovareco...", I thought if filming is going to start soon that she wouldn't be flying to the other side of the country and making it seem like she's staying there for awhile, like she did all summer. Shep has been in NY to do post-production stuff for his other show, but NY is not too far from Charleston. And it's so easy for Shep to fly back and forth wherever, it seems.

Which brings me to the post of AATT today:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/09/18/exclusive-southerncharm/

Apparently, Landon was not asked back to be on the show and seemingly will be replaced by Thomas' new GF. 

The blog post also acknowledges that the season schedule is way behind the filming schedule of last year. Shep's birthday is coming up in two weeks or so. Depending on when they start filming, I wonder if his party will not be included this coming season.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2

Thomas' girlfriend Ashley is the real deal, they are head over heels about each other. Kathryn is seething, had her friends hack Ashley's Instagram acct and tried to hack others. No one will film with Kathryn is what I was told when I was there, no one can stand her. She screams constantly, throws fits and tantrums, the usual. If they are indeed paying Danni and Chelsea to show up just to film with her, God help those women.

Shep can't stay sober. Another reason filming is lagging. If he does have a party, he'll probably be in an alcohol-induced haze.

And another friend told me Landon wasn't fired, she didn't want to come back. She got tired of the online harassment, got tired of being used to throw fireworks where there were none.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, nexxie said:

So T-Rav's faking-it-for-the-storyline girlfriend has been replaced by T-Rav's faking-it-to-get-on-TV girlfriend. Gotcha!

There wouldn't be any drama if no one is faking it.

21 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Thomas' girlfriend Ashley is the real deal, they are head over heels about each other. Kathryn is seething, had her friends hack Ashley's Instagram acct and tried to hack others. No one will film with Kathryn is what I was told when I was there, no one can stand her. She screams constantly, throws fits and tantrums, the usual. If they are indeed paying Danni and Chelsea to show up just to film with her, God help those women.

I hope they at least asked enough $$$ for whatever their time and patience are worth. 

Re: Landon leaving - I wonder if that's the reason why Jennifer Snowden made a sappy post about them a few weeks ago.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

So T-Rav's faking-it-for-the-storyline girlfriend has been replaced by T-Rav's faking-it-to-get-on-TV girlfriend. Gotcha!

Wow, so the Bravo casting decision is about maximizing the chance for drama, fights, confrontations.

How reptilian.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, scrb said:

Wow, so the Bravo casting decision is about maximizing the chance for drama, fights, confrontations.

How reptilian.

How reptilian indeed. If it's really true it's such a nightmare to work with Kathryn with all the tantrums and the drugs and the alcohol, etc., why even bring her back?! Just tell her she ain't coming back. Let everyone else move on. Tell her it's time to focus on herself and the kids. This Kathryn/Thomas shit has gone on for so long. It's ok if it was just the two of them. But with Kathryn back, I guarantee the kids will be on the forefront to. I mean, how can production resist the storyline of "Will Thomas' new GF be the stepmother Thomas has been looking for for his kids?" As much as Kathryn may be a horrible person to deal with, Bravo is also getting their hands dirty by continuing to cast her and enable her.

• Love 4

With Landon gone, I wonder who they're going to elevate to main cast status? Maybe Naomie? Will Chelsea be the new Greek chorus if Cam decides to step back a little bit? Or will they roll the dice and put Thomas' new GF as main cast alongside Kathryn for maximum fireworks? As it is, they were already down one woman last season with the guys, 4-3. I would think they would have to have another main female or two, or else this would really end up to be the sausagefest Whitney first imagined it to be.

More news. Apparently straight from the source:

Does this mean Jacobs will have a starring role on Southern Charm (perhaps replacing Landon Clements, who according to All About The Tea was not offered a contract by the network)?

Not necessarily.

Ravenel told us this week he wasn’t sure if the show’s producers were going to sign Jacobs.

“Perhaps she could be seen at some events as my date,” Ravenel said.

In fact, Ravenel told us he hasn’t yet signed his contract for the show’s fifth season.

Jacobs concurred with her boyfriend’s assessment of the situation.

“If Thomas is signed, (I) may or may not appear in a cameo,” she told us.

Let’s hope that happens …

Also returning to the set of Southern Charm this season will be 25-year-old model Kathryn Dennis, Ravenel’s ex-girlfriend and mother of their two children – Kensington Calhoun Ravenel and St. Julien Rembert Ravenel.

The statuesque redhead told us she’s not commenting on her former boyfriend or his new leading lady, but disputed All About The Tea‘s contention that she was “seeing red” over her possible addition to the show.

“I am seeing clearly now, not red,” Dennis said.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2017/09/19/southerncharm-season-five-scoop/